PDA

View Full Version : If Dallas keeps playing like this.....

soonabooma
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
they'll kill whoever comes out of the East.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:01 AM
Thread that leads to no discussion. :shrug:

JordansBulls
05-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Bulls defense would lock down Dallas.

210Don
05-18-2011, 12:04 AM
yeah whoever comes out west will lose to east so no

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:05 AM

Just like Portland, and then L.A. was suppose to do..

No answer for Dirk.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:06 AM

Alright.

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:07 AM
they'll kill whoever comes out of the East.

1 word.... DEFENSE

If Dallas nor OKC play it, Chicago or my HEAT is going to practically roll through with a 4-2 win in that series.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:09 AM
1 word.... DEFENSE

If Dallas nor OKC play it, Chicago or my HEAT is going to practically roll through with a 4-2 win in that series.

Lol, the Mavericks beat Portland and L.A. with defense. OKC was hot, and saw tons of FTA looks.

allSUAVE
05-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Agree

Bulls have great Defense ,But Dirk is simply Unguardable

soonabooma
05-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Go ahead and try to defend em, you won't succeed. We have more guys that we can throw at Dirk than probably anybody, and as much speed/athleticism as any team in the league. But he's unguardable, and they are a tough team to defend. And when their bench gets going, it's a wrap pretty much every time. I have no doubt that we'll give em a good series, but they're gonna be tough for anybody to beat. I wouldn't put my money on the Bulls or Heat to beat em, that's all I'm saying. They're on fire.

LionsFan..LOL
05-18-2011, 12:12 AM
I wouldn't say kill but the Mavs are gonna be very very difficult to beat for either Miami or Chicago.

Raph12
05-18-2011, 12:12 AM
I'd love to see Kidd, Stevenson, Terry and/or Barea guard Wade...

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 12:13 AM
cool story bruh

jp611
05-18-2011, 12:14 AM

No answer for Dirk.

Portland and LA don't even come close to Chicago defense

StriveGreatness
The Heat would spank the Mavs.

MacFitz92
These are some of the players who have attempted to slow down Dirk: Odom, Artest, Bynum, Gasol, Camby, LMA, Ibaka, Perkins.

That's a quality list. Nobody on the Bulls squad or Heat squad can come close to some of those guys (Ibaka, LMA, Odom, specifically)

momoneyyyy
Mavs are looking Unstoppable who is going to guard dirk. As for defense that mavs allowed 112 today but before that they have been allowing 89 ppg for the playoffs ill say thats pretty good!

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:15 AM

We've played Kobe, Wessy, Roy, etc. Not like we haven't seen some of the elite guards.

jp611
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM

Absolutely not the mavs would kill the heat on the glass and nowitzki will destroy anyone like allsuave said he is simply unguardable

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM

Not sure on what bases you could say that. The Mavs have won their last 7 playoff games, and Dirk has been the best player in the NBA.

Everyone is entitle to their opinion though.

BKdoubleStacker
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
I think the mavs would beat miami, but would lose to chicago

Chi StateOfMind
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Ok so the Bulls can't stop one person. Let Dirk go off. The Bulls and Miami would shut the Mavs DOWN. Dirk is ONE man. Defense is a team effort and I would let Dirk get 60 for all I care.

Rose>Kidd
Bogans>Stevenson
Deng>Marion
Boozer<Dirk
Noah>Chandler

Bibby<Kidd
Wade>>Stevenson
LeBron>>Marion
Bosh<Dirk
Anthony<Chandler

Both Miami and Bulls have superior defense. I agree Dirk will give both fits but I'll take my chances letting one player goin off and shuting down the rest of the team.

If the Bulls can shut down Wade and LeBron in this series I'm sure they can handle the Mavs and Dirk.

jp611
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Bulls wouldnt be able to stop dirk but thibs would have a gameplan to let him get his and contain the rest of the team bulls-mavs would be an amazing series

iggypop123
05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
bulls have the best defense in the league. they would make quick work of the mavs

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Ok so the Bulls can't stop one person. Let Dirk go off. The Bulls and Miami would shut the Mavs DOWN. Dirk is ONE man. Defense is a team effort and I would let Dirk get 60 for all I care.

Rose>Kidd
Bogans>Stevenson
Deng>Marion
Boozer<Dirk
Noah>Chandler

Bibby<Kidd
Wade>>Stevenson
LeBron>>Marion
Bosh<Dirk
Anthony<Chandler

Both Miami and Bulls have superior defense. I agree Dirk will give both fits but I'll take my chances letting one player goin off and shuting down the rest of the team.

If the Bulls can shut down Wade and LeBron in this series I'm sure they can handle the Mavs and Dirk.

The >'s and <'s thing is pointless. And wrong. The Mavericks play team basketball and a large part of their success comes from the bench. You know Terry, Barea, Haywood, Peja, Brewer. That bench ;)

Shareeb_omac2
The Mavs swept the Heat during the regular season...

jp611
bulls have the best defense in the league. they would make quick work of the mavs

No mavs matchup extremely well against the bulls with bogs that van counter the bulls bigs stop being an ignorant homer

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:25 AM
These are some of the players who have attempted to slow down Dirk: Odom, Artest, Bynum, Gasol, Camby, LMA, Ibaka, Perkins.

That's a quality list. Nobody on the Bulls squad or Heat squad can come close to some of those guys (Ibaka, LMA, Odom, specifically)

So now you Dallas Maverick fans want to forget the Defense against Dirk by HASLEM in the 06 Finals ... pfff

Amnesia is a fatal tragedy happening these days...

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:26 AM
The Mavs swept the Heat during the regular season...

ya like in 06 right???? ..... ya remember that 4 str8 ......

and this heat team is better ....... oh o's !!

jp611
05-18-2011, 12:27 AM
The >'s and <'s thing is pointless. And wrong. The Mavericks play team basketball and a large part of their success comes from the bench. You know Terry, Barea, Haywood, Peja, Brewer. That bench ;)

Exactly mavs would kill the heat with their size and bench and would give the bulls a Lot of trouble they are both extremely similar teams it would be an awesome series

Chi StateOfMind

Yea Bulls know about benches as well.

CJ-Gibson-Asik-Korver-Brewer.

soonabooma
Mavs are looking Unstoppable who is going to guard dirk. As for defense that mavs allowed 112 today but before that they have been allowing 89 ppg for the playoffs ill say thats pretty good!

True, but we're not all that easy of a team to defend either. We've got guys who can do some damage other than just Durant and Westbrook. We can play fast. And we also get to the line a lot. Holding us that low is a pretty tall task for anybody. But what it really comes down to is, how do you defend Dallas? It's hard as hell, and they always come up with some key defensive stops too. They're just playing like they're on a mission right now. They're making plays at both ends of the floor, but offensively they're just scoring at will. The Lakers already got a taste of it, and right now we're gonna have to find a way to make some kind of adjustments. Hopefully, we'll be better in game 2. I know they're good, but it should never come that easy. We've gotta at least try to frustrate them a little bit.

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Bulls wouldnt be able to stop dirk but thibs would have a gameplan to let him get his and contain the rest of the team bulls-mavs would be an amazing series

too bad its going to be HEAT vs MAVS ... lol

Bruno

The Bulls suffocate their opponents with team defense. IF the Bulls can slow down Dirk, it won't be one guy doing it, it'll be the total team effort.

Shareeb_omac2

You are mentally ******** if you think this Heat team is better than the 06 Heat.

MacFitz92
So now you Dallas Maverick fans want to forget the Defense against Dirk by HASLEM in the 06 Finals ... pfff

Amnesia is a fatal tragedy happening these days...

Don't see the relevance of what happened 5 years ago. Dirk's game has developed and is a slightly better shooter, much better in the post, but most importantly, better off the dribble.

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:29 AM
I think the mavs would beat miami, but would lose to chicago

hater .... what ever lol

Chi StateOfMind
Bulls vs Mavs would be a great series.

Catfish1314
If they keep shooting at this clip, I agree. But they won't keep this up.

You also have to consider the defense they're up against. They won't sniff 120 points against Chicago in a playoff game. The Thunder defense was surprisingly flimsy tonight. Not awful, but not impressive either.

Dirk and the Mavs were on a tear like this in 2006 too. He dropped 50 in a game against Phoenix in the WCF and carried that rhythm into the Finals. Then all of a sudden...

jp611

Actually that heat team was better cuz they had a comPlete team with size and a bench plus NBA is all about matchups and these are two completely different teams and the matchups favor the mavs bog time

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Yea Bulls know about benches as well.

CJ-Gibson-Asik-Korver-Brewer.

Chicago has a solid bench as well, but when's the last time they scored the same amount as the entire team they were playing. Defense is there, but lacks the scoring Dallas has.

The Bulls suffocate their opponents with team defense. IF the Bulls can slow down Dirk, it won't be one guy doing it, it'll be the total team effort.

I don't question the Bulls defense and Thib's stuff. The way the Mavs ISO Dirk in the post and spread the floor, allows any double teams Chicago tries, to be passed out, swung, and get to knock down shooters like Terry and Peja. (See Game 4 L.A.)

jp611
too bad its going to be HEAT vs MAVS ... lol

Beat the bulls once this season than come back to me now back to the topic on hand

king4day
Dallas' D better do a lot better or else they won't have a chance against the Bulls. The Heat could outscore them too if defense isn't going to be played.

12evolution 9
You are mentally ******** if you think this Heat team is better than the 06 Heat.

BROOOO !!!!!!

THAT 06 TEAM JUST HAD 1 LOUSY RUN IN THEM ....

ATWOINE WALKER NEVER MADE A THREE
JASON WILLIAMS KNEES WERE SHOT
ALONZO ... well he was good
SHAQ... L - A - Z - Y
POSEY.... INCONSISTENT OFFENSE, BUT GOOD D
GARY PAYTON ... OLD

HASLEM / WADE AND ZO WERE THE KEY PIECES IN THOSE PLAYOFFS.
SHAQ BARELY HELPED 1/16 GOOD GAMES HE HAD IN PLAYOFFS

Chi StateOfMind
05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
All I'm sayin is Miami and Bulls play defense. On a way different level then OKC. Mavs will not drop 120 on us. Not trying to start nothing but to say the Mavs will solely win on no one being able to guard Dirk. C'mon.

jp611
Mavs bench would not score that much against bulls bench

12evolution 9
Beat the bulls once this season than come back to me now back to the topic on hand

I bet i can take Rose 1 on 1 ... lol

JordansBulls
05-18-2011, 12:34 AM

No answer for Dirk.

Mavs haven't beaten the Bulls yet. One game we had no Boozer and the other game no Boozer nor Noah and we still beat the Mavs.

Chi StateOfMind
05-18-2011, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=MacFitz92;17936563]Chicago has a solid bench as well, but when's the last time they scored the same amount as the entire team they were playing. Defense is there, but lacks the scoring Dallas has.

Agree with you 100% here. Your bench has a firepower on a offensive side where the Bulls have a defensive minded bench. It would be a great Finals bro but I'm not getting ahead of myself we have 3 games to go as well as your team.

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Actually that heat team was better cuz they had a comPlete team with size and a bench plus NBA is all about matchups and these are two completely different teams and the matchups favor the mavs bog time

kind of sound like the MEdia before the 06 final started... especially Ric Bucher and Barkley

MacFitz92
All I'm sayin is Miami and Bulls play defense. On a way different level then OKC. Mavs will not drop 120 on us. Not trying to start nothing but to say the Mavs will solely win on no one being able to guard Dirk. C'mon.

And L.A. and Portland didn't have great defenses? Both had phenominal defensive rankings.

heyman321
BROOOO !!!!!!

THAT 06 TEAM JUST HAD 1 LOUSY RUN IN THEM ....

ATWOINE WALKER NEVER MADE A THREE
JASON WILLIAMS KNEES WERE SHOT
ALONZO ... well he was good
SHAQ... L - A - Z - Y
POSEY.... INCONSISTENT OFFENSE, BUT GOOD D
GARY PAYTON ... OLD

HASLEM / WADE AND ZO WERE THE KEY PIECES IN THOSE PLAYOFFS.
SHAQ BARELY HELPED 1/16 GOOD GAMES HE HAD IN PLAYOFFS

You're an idiot if you think this Heat team is better than the 06 team.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Agree with you 100% here. Your bench has a firepower on a offensive side where the Bulls have a defensive minded bench. It would be a great Finals bro but I'm not getting ahead of myself we have 3 games to go as well as your team.

Exactly. Don't understand the Heat talk either, considering after Game 1, I'd be focused on Chiacgo.

Should be two great Conference Finals.

BlondeBomber41

Rose>Kidd
Bogans>Stevenson
Deng>Marion
Boozer<Dirk
Noah>Chandler

Bibby<Kidd
Wade>>Stevenson
LeBron>>Marion
Bosh<Dirk
Anthony<Chandler

Your comparisons are kind of a joke. Stevenson isn't any worse than Bogans, and I'd take Chandler over Noah ANY DAY.

Plus, it doesn't work that way in the NBA.

Kidd > Fisher
Stevenson <<< Kobe
Marion < Artest
Dirk > Gasol
Chandler < Bynum

Yet we swept em. How about that? According to the genius reasoning that most fans on this site use (the < > = system) we shoulda got our ***** kicked.

If you wanna talk about defense, this was the first time in the entire playoffs the Mavs have given up 100 points to their opponent. Longest streak in the playoffs. Second in PPG allowed in the playoffs. So yeah, we can defend as well.

Chi StateOfMind
And L.A. and Portland didn't have great defenses? Both had phenominal defensive rankings.

Are you serious!!!!!

Not on are level :facepalm:

Did you you not watch Game 1 against the Heat. That's defense.

ChI_ShIzzLe
If the Bulls can slow down the 2 best players in the league for an entire series and beat them, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Dirk potentially killing us. Joakim Noah is more than a capable defender to keep Dirk in check.

jp611
05-18-2011, 12:39 AM

Duh this team has Lebron and wade that automatically means it's better :rolleyes:

Baller1
05-18-2011, 12:39 AM
This site is so quick to come to conclusion.

If Dirk gets 48 points on 15 shots again then I'll stop watching the NBA. The Mavs played virtually perfect tonight... If they do that for multiple games this series, then I'll tip my hat and give them their credit. Odds are, that won't happen 4 times in one series. It's one game, and a home game at that.

Everyone needs to stop jumping to conclusions so quickly. My god...

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-18-2011, 12:40 AM

Again, neither them or any other team in the league this season, played defense on the same level as the Bulls. The bigger the games get, the better their defense gets.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Are you serious!!!!!

Not on are level :facepalm:

Did you you not watch Game 1 against the Heat. That's defense.

Like BB41 said, this is the first time Dallas has allowed 100 points, and they've averaged the 2nd best PA (Points Against).

Not too shabby. ;)

Bruno
05-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Mavs haven't beaten the Bulls yet. One game we had no Boozer and the other game no Boozer nor Noah and we still beat the Mavs.

The Lakers beat the Mavs by 30 a month before the start of playoffs. How much weight do you think two regular season games actually carry come June JB?

GspLAL
05-18-2011, 12:42 AM

Only 2 players from that series are on the Mavs today.

MacFitz92

If Dirk gets 48 points on 15 shots again then I'll stop watching the NBA. The Mavs played virtually perfect tonight... If they do that for multiple games this series, then I'll tip my hat and give them their credit. Odds are, that won't happen 4 times in one series. It's one game, and a home game at that.

Chill out bro, just discussion.

Mavs have won their last 7 game, and are hot. There's a reason for discussion. :shrug:

BlondeBomber41
Dallas' D better do a lot better or else they won't have a chance against the Bulls. The Heat could outscore them too if defense isn't going to be played.

You're overreacting. Dallas' defense in the playoffs so far has been spectacular. I'd look at the rest of the playoffs instead of just the one game.

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:43 AM

Ya cause you guys would know... you watched the HEAT everyday from that season till now right....

I know it sucks to say because of how much talent now the Heat has, That HEAT got hot at the right time..... my proof???

Opening Day for the Heat we play the Bulls and LOOSE BY 40.

WE go to the playoffs that year 06 - 07 and we get swept by Deng and the Bulls.

As much as i hate to say this ,..... that team was OVER RATED .... but they GOT HOT and played GREAT at the RIGHT TIME. THE FINALS

Bruno
05-18-2011, 12:44 AM

^Fair post with valid points.

Dirks game tonight could possibly be the most efficient 45+ game in playoff history.

I'm not positive that that's a fact, but show me the other player who put up 45+ on a TS% above .90 on the way to the W. You're right baller, not gona happen again. I expect OKC to win more games than the Laker did last series.

Catfish1314
05-18-2011, 12:44 AM
If the Bulls can slow down the 2 best players in the league for an entire series and beat them, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Dirk potentially killing us. Joakim Noah is more than a capable defender to keep Dirk in check.

I love Jo, but there's no keeping Dirk "in check."

I will say this about Dallas. They're moving the ball better than any team that's been in these playoffs. And with the shooters they have, they'll be a tough team to take out.

But suggesting that they can keep up shooting 50 percent or better in the playoffs, especially if/when they get to the Finals, is a fantasy.

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Only 2 players from that series are on the Mavs today.

Same thing with heat

Dirk + Terry verse Wade + Haslem

Baller1
05-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Chill out bro, just discussion.

Mavs have won their last 7 game, and are hot. There's a reason for discussion. :shrug:

I'm not bitter at all, my bad if it came off that way.

I'm referring to the people that have already basically come to the conclusion that Dallas is moving on, and that OKC has a terrible defense. Dallas won this game, OKC didn't lose it. That's basically what I'm trying to get at.

Nothing against Dallas, they deserve all the credit and praise they're getting right now.

TheRunKiller
05-18-2011, 12:47 AM

No answer for Dirk.

dirk can get his...bulls would shut everyone else down

Baller1
05-18-2011, 12:47 AM
^Fair post with valid points.

Dirks game tonight could possibly be the most efficient 45+ game in playoff history.

I'm not positive that that's a fact, but show me the other player who put up 45+ on a TS% above .90 on the way to the W. You're right baller, not gona happen again. I expect OKC to win more games than the Laker did last series.

I can't figure out whether to cry, laugh, or clap at that statement. Absolutely insane.

Of course it had to come on a night against the Thunder, with Westbrook playing terrible to add insult to injury.

Bruno
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Chicago has a solid bench as well, but when's the last time they scored the same amount as the entire team they were playing. Defense is there, but lacks the scoring Dallas has.

I don't question the Bulls defense and Thib's stuff. The way the Mavs ISO Dirk in the post and spread the floor, allows any double teams Chicago tries, to be passed out, swung, and get to knock down shooters like Terry and Peja. (See Game 4 L.A.)

True. But CHIs perimeter defenders are much quicker than LAL's. They'll be able to adjust to those rotations in a more effective manner. (Not doubting Dallas here, I know how deadly their perimeter shooting is. But I'd expect those Chicago wings to at least get a hand up, if that match-up happens. LAL allows uncontested 3's all series; I'd expect better from the Chicago defense).

12evolution 9
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM
if Okc had a low post scorer i would think that they can win this, but Perkins and IBaka? i dont trust them that much but I think Durant and Westbrook are going to be on attack....westbrook has to pass efficiently

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm not bitter at all, my bad if it came off that way.

I'm referring to the people that have already basically come to the conclusion that Dallas is moving on, and that OKC has a terrible defense. Dallas won this game, OKC didn't lose it. That's basically what I'm trying to get at.

Nothing against Dallas, they deserve all the credit and praise they're getting right now.

LOL, not even close to being "over", and nothin taken to heart <3. This could be a long, great series. Durant vs. Dirk with the players surrounding both of them is set up to be a great one.

dirk can get his...bulls would shut everyone else down

That's a stretch. Considering Kidd, Peja, Terry, Marion, and Barea have all put up 20 at times in the playoffs.

Bruno
05-18-2011, 12:50 AM
I can't figure out whether to cry, laugh, or clap at that statement. Absolutely insane.

Of course it had to come on a night against the Thunder, with Westbrook playing terrible to add insult to injury.

I feel ya. That's how I felt when Dallas was tearing up LAL; it just didn't make any sense. I had never seen shooting like that.

As long as OKC can take game two this is still a series. Going down 0-2 against Dallas is a slippery slope man.

Raph12
05-18-2011, 12:52 AM
We've played Kobe, Wessy, Roy, etc. Not like we haven't seen some of the elite guards.

Wade is better than all of them and probably the best slasher in the league...

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Wade is better than all of them and probably the best slasher in the league...

Which why I think some 2-3 will be used effectively in that situation (as they run it as efficiently as anyone.)

Done with that topic, need to focus one game at a time. ;)

Baller1
05-18-2011, 12:56 AM
LOL, not even close to being "over", and nothin taken to heart <3. This could be a long, great series. Durant vs. Dirk with the players surrounding both of them is set up to be a great one.

That's a stretch. Considering Kidd, Peja, Terry, Marion, and Barea have all put up 20 at times in the playoffs.

It's Terry, Barea, and Peja. I don't even care that they score off the bench, but I swear to God they hit the most killer shots at the worst possible times for their opponents...

It's like every single on of their makes is a backbreaker.

Baller1
05-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I'm just so sad right now.

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 12:59 AM

at least you're in the WCF and didn't get screwed out of a top 3 draft pick.

Baller1
05-18-2011, 01:02 AM
at least you're in the WCF and didn't get screwed out of a top 3 draft pick.

The lottery was the highlight of sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics/Thunder) for 3 years for me... I feel your pain.

Bruno
05-18-2011, 01:03 AM

When the LAL got eliminated by Dallas I wasn't sad until about a week after. I was shocked, it took a while to set in. Same experience I had back in '04.

Still many games to be played. :clap:

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 01:04 AM

Don't be. It's one game

Iron24th
05-18-2011, 01:04 AM

+1

Portland,Lakers and tonight OKC can't play defense.

Baller1
05-18-2011, 01:05 AM
When the LAL got eliminated by Dallas I wasn't sad until about a week after. I was shocked, it took a while to set in. Same experience I had back in '04.

Still many games to be played. :clap:

You're a Laker fan, quit being a spoiled brat... ;)

I know, and I'm confident Dirk won't play like Jesus Christ himself in every game this series. At least I hope so.

Iron24th
05-18-2011, 01:06 AM

Come on,there's still plenty of games to be played,and the two upcoming at OKC will be tough for Dallas,so,just steal one in Dallas and you're good to go!

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 01:08 AM
+1

Portland,Lakers and tonight OKC can't play defense.

A little harsh

Shareeb_omac2
05-18-2011, 01:14 AM
There's no way people believe the B-S they spew out of their mouths onto this forum.

Baller1
05-18-2011, 01:14 AM
There's no way people believe the B-S they spew out of their mouths onto this forum.

It's the NBA Forum... Yes they do.

Bruno
05-18-2011, 01:21 AM
You're a Laker fan, quit being a spoiled brat... ;)

I know, and I'm confident Dirk won't play like Jesus Christ himself in every game this series. At least I hope so.

:laugh2: Well, what's worse never having something, or having something and then having it taken away? Expecting to get something and not getting it is worse than not getting something that you knew was unlikely to attain in the first place. That logic applies to most things, not the NBA, I know. I'm sure 100% of fans from teams who have never won would trade one title for a decade of not having their expectations met.

Good new is, seems like DAL has no answer for KD, who was also great.

Baller1
05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
:laugh2: Well, what's worse never having something, or having something and then having it taken away? Expecting to get something and not getting it is worse than not getting something that you knew was unlikely to attain in the first place.

Good new is, seems like DAL has no answer for KD, who was also great.

I'd rather have 5 championships in the past decade than 0, if that's what you're asking... :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, hopefully Durant can have another performance similar to tonight's and Dirk cools down a bit.

Crackadalic
05-18-2011, 01:28 AM
Dirk is pretty much unguardable. I can't see them letting this year slip knowing there window for a chip is closing

Jewelz0376
05-18-2011, 01:29 AM
If Dirk gets going like that in game 2 they should take Van Gundys advice and go for the "hack a Haywood"

jlee3936
05-18-2011, 05:08 AM
^^Rick would just sub in Mahinmi who is more than capable of putting in quality minutes

jlee3936
05-18-2011, 05:56 AM

noah cannot guard dirk out on the perimeter, that isn't his strength, or anywhere but in the paint. he would just blow by noah every time or if given room shoot the j. even if that were the case you better believe tyson chandler would exploit his matchup against boozer (7'1" vs 6'9", looks more like 6'8"), and i'm not saying he's gonna be shooting hookshots over him for 30 pts but guarantee he destroys the offensive glass because he is so much taller than boozer, i would also predict a lot of offensive rebounds via tip out. as for other options gibson, deng, or asik.. too short or too slow.

your point vs the heat is irrelevant. you have the two perfect guys to shutout or limit lebron and wade. mavs strength is not the 2 or 3 position, but dirk + whoever feels like stepping up on any given night. not to mention spoelstra isn't that good of a coach and can't figure out thibs' schemes. so if the mavs and bulls meet in the finals i would probably throw out everything you guys did against the heat out the window. dallas opponents are best off just letting dirk get his and give him and the mavs the dwight/magic treatment atl used because if you dare double team the mavs will make a few extra passes here and there and drain the 3 ball.

i told myself i wouldnt look ahead until we took care of business with okc first but after dirks performance last night i couldn't help it. good luck to the bulls, hope to see yall in the finals.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-18-2011, 06:48 AM
IMO...the Mavs would beat the Heat. No one on that Heat team could even contain Dirk...and the comparison between the Mavs bench and the Heat bench is a complete joke. The Mavs hold almost all the advantages in the matchups and their zone defense would do wonders against Lebron and Wade.

The Bulls vs. Mavs however (the finals I think we will see)...should be a good matchup.

The Bulls are one of the few, and maybe the only team, that has the depth and versatility to matchup with the Mavericks.

Noah is the ideal guy to defend Dirk (doesn't mean he will stop him, but he might be able to contain him)...and they have the defense and depth to make that a very competitive series.

Right now, I think the Mavs are the favorites to win it all, but if Chicago gets by Miami, I think it would be an even matchup in the finals.

I rank the remaining teams based on their current level of play like this:

1) Mavs
2) Bulls
3) Heat
4) OKC

mustaine
05-18-2011, 06:55 AM
All the teams left are capable of beating each other, the Thunder are probably the least likely to win it all this season as their defense is arguably the worst of the bunch. They do have Durant and Westbrook though, anything can happen really.

On topic, Dallas will not walk over either Chicago or Miami. Both teams have very good defenses. People saying that neither can stop Dirk, it might be true but he's only one man. I'm a Bulls fan and I fancy their chances if they make the finals against Dallas. The Bulls are the best defensive team in the league, on top of that they defend the three point line better than anyone else. No one man can stop Dirk but he can be slowed down with good team defense. I'm not saying that he'll be held to 15 points but holding him below 30 is very doable. He's not going to score 48 against the Bulls, that's for damn sure. Contest his shots, make it difficult to get a clear look and keep him as far away from the basket as possible... contest everything. Also, slowing down the rest of the Mavs is very doable as well.

The Heat also have a good chance against the Mavs, they have three great player that can and would score a lot more against the Mavs than the Bulls (still might go off against the Bulls). The biggest problems for Miami will be the boards as well as size. However they do it they will have to address the board situation against the Bulls anyway. If they can't finx that they probably won't go to the finals. Look for Haslem to come in more, he could help them a lot in that department. If the Heat can fix this, they will be very difficult to beat.

I'm betting on the Mavs from the West and hoping for the Bulls from the East. Heat and Thunder might still make it (1-0 down away from home isn't terrible). Anyway, whoever makes it, the finals will be a lot of fun with no clearcut favorite. All these teams can ball, all have premier players who are capable of dominating so we're in for a good matchup no matter who plays.

wofds8a9
05-18-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, ===

***************************** ==== Here are

the most

popular, most stylish and avant-garde

shoes,handbags,Tshirts, jacket,Tracksuit

w

ect…NIKE ,50%off ca,ed hardy t-shirt$15

jeans,coach handbag$33,air

max90,dunk,polo t-shirt$13,,lacoste t-

shirt $13 air jordan for sale,$35,nfl nba

jersy for sale

puma gucci$35,nike jordans six

ring,yeezy$%5!!

new era caps$13 gucci handbags jeans,t-

shirts sunglass,caps

true religion jeans$35,ca,ed hardy

jeans$35

LV,CHANAL,HANDBAGS$35

NIKE SHOX+AIR MAX+TL3+OZ+NZ ONLY $35

UGG TIMBLAND+LACOSTE SHOES+ED HARDY

SHOES$35

DIESEL T-SHIRT,GSTAR T-SHIRT,CA T-

SHIRT,50% OFF FOR SALE $15

DIOR SUNGLASS,DG SUNGLASS$15

our website: =====

***************************** =====

TylerSL
05-18-2011, 08:15 AM
In a way I am happy for the Mavs, Dirk deserves a title and I hope he gets one at some point. Now dont get me wrong, if there were to be a Heat/Mavs NBA Finals, I would be all for Miami. But if Miami goes down, while I will be upset, I would want Dirk to get that ring.

TylerSL
05-18-2011, 08:19 AM
All the teams left are capable of beating each other, the Thunder are probably the least likely to win it all this season as their defense is arguably the worst of the bunch. They do have Durant and Westbrook though, anything can happen really.

On topic, Dallas will not walk over either Chicago or Miami. Both teams have very good defenses. People saying that neither can stop Dirk, it might be true but he's only one man. I'm a Bulls fan and I fancy their chances if they make the finals against Dallas. The Bulls are the best defensive team in the league, on top of that they defend the three point line better than anyone else. No one man can stop Dirk but he can be slowed down with good team defense. I'm not saying that he'll be held to 15 points but holding him below 30 is very doable. He's not going to score 48 against the Bulls, that's for damn sure. Contest his shots, make it difficult to get a clear look and keep him as far away from the basket as possible... contest everything. Also, slowing down the rest of the Mavs is very doable as well.

The Heat also have a good chance against the Mavs, they have three great player that can and would score a lot more against the Mavs than the Bulls (still might go off against the Bulls). The biggest problems for Miami will be the boards as well as size. However they do it they will have to address the board situation against the Bulls anyway. If they can't finx that they probably won't go to the finals. Look for Haslem to come in more, he could help them a lot in that department. If the Heat can fix this, they will be very difficult to beat.

I'm betting on the Mavs from the West and hoping for the Bulls from the East. Heat and Thunder might still make it (1-0 down away from home isn't terrible). Anyway, whoever makes it, the finals will be a lot of fun with no clearcut favorite. All these teams can ball, all have premier players who are capable of dominating so we're in for a good matchup no matter who plays.

wow, this. Excellent post :clap:

Also, I can see that you have not been on this site long, so welcome to PSD :clap:

TylerSL
05-18-2011, 08:21 AM
IMO...the Mavs would beat the Heat. No one on that Heat team could even contain Dirk...and the comparison between the Mavs bench and the Heat bench is a complete joke. The Mavs hold almost all the advantages in the matchups and their zone defense would do wonders against Lebron and Wade.

The Bulls vs. Mavs however (the finals I think we will see)...should be a good matchup.

The Bulls are one of the few, and maybe the only team, that has the depth and versatility to matchup with the Mavericks.

Noah is the ideal guy to defend Dirk (doesn't mean he will stop him, but he might be able to contain him)...and they have the defense and depth to make that a very competitive series.

Right now, I think the Mavs are the favorites to win it all, but if Chicago gets by Miami, I think it would be an even matchup in the finals.

I rank the remaining teams based on their current level of play like this:

1) Mavs
2) Bulls
3) Heat
4) OKC

I am not saying the Heat would win, but you think Miami couldnt guard Dirk (they couldnt) but the Mavs could stop both Wade and Lebron?? (they cant)

urlachermess
05-18-2011, 08:33 AM
and when the Thunder win a game this thread will become useless

shep33
05-18-2011, 08:34 AM
IMO, teams are playing the Mavs wrong. They're killing off of jumpshots, and a lot of that is due to Dirk getting doubled or Barea penetrating. Two things I'd do to stop them from getting open jumpers:

1) Never double Dirk. If he gets 60 every night so be it. Once he gets doubled, he always kicks it to a 3 point shooter, who themselves draw the rotating guy and kick it to another wide open shooter. Put different guys on him, but play him man on man.

2) Play 5 feet off Barea, and go under ball screens set for him. The guy shot under 29% from three this year. Put an athletic defender on him, and play off. It amazed me how no team has even tried this so far this postseason.

Mavs are playing great, but like every team left they still have their weaknesses.

justinnum1
05-18-2011, 08:39 AM
The heat have UD.

mustaine
05-18-2011, 08:43 AM
wow, this. Excellent post :clap:

Also, I can see that you have not been on this site long, so welcome to PSD :clap:

I'm just so tired of people believing that somebody is unbeatable. Everyone can be beaten. All these teams are capable of winning the championship. It's pretty funny, Dirk scores 48 and the Mavs win by 9 an suddenly their unbeatable? Come on, Dirk is not going to average 48 and Durant is surely capable of scoring with Dirk.

Like I said in the earlier post, I'm a Bulls fan but I'm not deluded, I know that the Heat are capable of beating them. With two of the three best players in the world anything can happen.

SteBO
05-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Dallas vs. whoever comes out of the east would be one hell of a Finals matchup.

kobebabe
05-18-2011, 08:46 AM
don't know abt that. first of all u r totally disrespecting OKC by automatically putting ur mavs to the finals. Secondly i agree that dark is unguardable, but so is LBJ or D. rose. So its not gonna be as easy as ur point sounds

ddhulett
05-18-2011, 09:03 AM

I like how you come in with a one-liner against Dallas on every thread involving Dallas

BlondeBomber41
05-18-2011, 09:07 AM
The heat have UD.

Yep, that man who is averaging 3.5 minutes a game and hasn't scored yet in the playoffs is gonna be the one to slow down Dirk. Ha.

Chris Bosh, Joel Anthony, Udonis Haslem, Juwan Howard, Erick Dampier..... Dirk will have a freakin field day if he plays Miami.

lvlheaded
05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
I think Mavs would beat Miami but lose to Chicago IMO. Chicago is just so well balanced. Unless Dirk continues to play like a man possessed, id take Chicago in 6.

However, I feel that the Heat would have a much harder time defending Dirk and getting past Tyson Chandler down low. In a Mavs vs Heat series, ill take the Mavs in 7

ddhulett
05-18-2011, 09:31 AM
IMO, teams are playing the Mavs wrong. They're killing off of jumpshots, and a lot of that is due to Dirk getting doubled or Barea penetrating. Two things I'd do to stop them from getting open jumpers:

1) Never double Dirk. If he gets 60 every night so be it. Once he gets doubled, he always kicks it to a 3 point shooter, who themselves draw the rotating guy and kick it to another wide open shooter. Put different guys on him, but play him man on man.

2) Play 5 feet off Barea, and go under ball screens set for him. The guy shot under 29% from three this year. Put an athletic defender on him, and play off. It amazed me how no team has even tried this so far this postseason.

Mavs are playing great, but like every team left they still have their weaknesses.

Easier said than done tho, If you don't double Dirk he could literally get that 60pts and shoot 60% you still lose.

Barea, guys do play off him but when the pick in roll comes you can't do much about that. He was 2-3 from 3

Jason Terry can still get his own points as well so it's not just Dirk and Barea that can create offense.

The Mavs welcome the kind of Defense you present because you really have no answer for what they are doing, they don't live and die by the 3 they take what the game gives them.

Mavs Defense was not as strong last night I expect Chandler staying out of Foul trouble and we won't need but 25pt from Dirk.

I'm not saying they don't have their weakness because they do but they hang their hat on Defense and it was terrible last night and should be better.

JordansBulls
05-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I think Mavs would beat Miami but lose to Chicago IMO. Chicago is just so well balanced. Unless Dirk continues to play like a man possessed, id take Chicago in 6.

However, I feel that the Heat would have a much harder time defending Dirk and getting past Tyson Chandler down low. In a Mavs vs Heat series, ill take the Mavs in 7

This is my assumption as well, I think Miami is the team that is most capable of beating us, but I also feel that of all teams in the playoffs this year that the Bulls were the most capable of beating Miami.

jockrider
05-18-2011, 11:15 AM

Rose>Kidd
Bogans>Stevenson
Deng>Marion
Boozer<Dirk
Noah>Chandler

Bibby<Kidd
Wade>>Stevenson
LeBron>>Marion
Bosh<Dirk
Anthony<Chandler

no to the bold, marion vs deng is arguable imo

jockrider
05-18-2011, 11:19 AM
I like how you come in with a one-liner against Dallas on every thread involving Dallas

he jelly

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
A) We still have to beat OKC. No easy task B) No Finals team is getting "killed" by anyone

jp611
05-18-2011, 11:25 AM
This is my assumption as well, I think Miami is the team that is most capable of beating us, but I also feel that of all teams in the playoffs this year that the Bulls were the most capable of beating Miami.

That makes zero sense... Plus the Mavs are probably our biggest matchup problem cuz they have a good perimeter shooting team and a guy who demands doubles in Dirk, I think Dallas is the most capable team of beating the Bulls

jp611
05-18-2011, 11:27 AM
no to the bold, marion vs deng is arguable imo

Absolutely not... Deng is much better than Shawn Marion at this point of his career and Noah is better than Chandler hands down, but it isnt about starting lineup matchups, Bulls fans should know this because our bench is a big reason for our success

JordansBulls
05-18-2011, 11:28 AM
That makes zero sense... Plus the Mavs are probably our biggest matchup problem cuz they have a good perimeter shooting team and a guy who demands doubles in Dirk, I think Dallas is the most capable team of beating the Bulls

disagree. We beat Dallas with no Boozer the first time and then the next time with no Boozer nor Noah.

jp611
05-18-2011, 11:30 AM
disagree. We beat Dallas with no Boozer the first time and then the next time with no Boozer nor Noah.

That happened in 2010... look at the matchups, they have physical bigs and a great perimeter shooting team, I think they would give the Bulls fits

ChicagoRox
05-18-2011, 11:44 AM
This thread is so garbage. I have stood up for the Mavs before (ask Tanakid777). But whoever started this thread, should concentrate on this series first. Westbrook probably had has his worse game of the playoffs and Dirk had the best performance in the playoffs so far. And how much did the Mavs win by 9? Calm down there buddy. It was at home too. No one in either series should be looking past their perspective series.

allSUAVE
05-18-2011, 11:46 AM
The only team i see beating the Mavs is the bulls

marj987
05-18-2011, 12:07 PM
1 word.... DEFENSE

Dallas has all the answers for the Heat on defense......
Marion/Brewer/ (and you may think im crazy) Kidd As Well = James
Marion/Chandler = Bosh
Kidd = Wade

RaidersLakers24
05-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Kidd is a good defender and they also have brewer

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 12:38 PM
This thread is so garbage. I have stood up for the Mavs before (ask Tanakid777). But whoever started this thread, should concentrate on this series first. Westbrook probably had has his worse game of the playoffs and Dirk had the best performance in the playoffs so far. And how much did the Mavs win by 9? Calm down there buddy. It was at home too. No one in either series should be looking past their perspective series.
Truth

shep33
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Easier said than done tho, If you don't double Dirk he could literally get that 60pts and shoot 60% you still lose.

Barea, guys do play off him but when the pick in roll comes you can't do much about that. He was 2-3 from 3

Jason Terry can still get his own points as well so it's not just Dirk and Barea that can create offense.

The Mavs welcome the kind of Defense you present because you really have no answer for what they are doing, they don't live and die by the 3 they take what the game gives them.

Mavs Defense was not as strong last night I expect Chandler staying out of Foul trouble and we won't need but 25pt from Dirk.

I'm not saying they don't have their weakness because they do but they hang their hat on Defense and it was terrible last night and should be better.

I know what your saying, but teams have been doing the exact same thing every series against Dallas, and I just thought they should try something different. I'd still rather have Barea shoot a deep 3 with the defender going under, than him getting floaters in the lane, guy dominates the paint lol!

That's just my opinion though. Chandler had some fouls that shouldn't have been fouls, which sucked.

mdm692
05-18-2011, 12:59 PM
So okc had a bad defensive game mainly struggling with pick n roll defense(which obviously there will be some adjustments) and you guys crown dallas already

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-18-2011, 01:00 PM

I'd love to see them guard Derrick Rose! :D

Bulls held the Mavs points to 82 & 77 in the regular season. Both games Boozer didn't play in. First game Gibson went off for 17 points, 18 rebounds. I personally would rather the Bulls play the Mavs then the Thunder, just a better match up IMO.

Cubsfan365
05-18-2011, 01:02 PM

No answer for Dirk.
Last time I checked, the Mavs haven't beaten the Bulls this year.

jockrider
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Absolutely not... Deng is much better than Shawn Marion at this point of his career and Noah is better than Chandler hands down, but it isnt about starting lineup matchups, Bulls fans should know this because our bench is a big reason for our success

how is he hands down better than chandler? you are definitely overrating him

gsgs49
05-18-2011, 01:42 PM

Based on what? they are maybe equal and even a case can be made for Chandler being better this season.
They are both great defensively,they were both selected for 2nd defensive team.They are both top 3 centers defensively IMO.
They are both great rebounders with Chandler being better statistically Chandler TRB%(19.7) Noah TRB%(18.5)
And Chandler is head and shoulders above him in efficiency
better WS/48,much better TS%,eFG% and ORtg.Their PER is almost the same.

gsgs49
05-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Last time I checked,the lakers won the season series against us including a 30 points blowout win in March then we swept them in the playoffs.
btw you guys won both games by 5 points,both games were close.

raventroll
05-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Anyone care to consider the operative term in this post's subject:

See "if"

"If" the Bulls play the rest of the playoffs the way they did in the second half of Game 1, they will sweep the Heat & the West winner.

Phenomenonsense
05-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Lol, everyone forgets that Dirk got 40+ on 12 shot attempts. That's UNREAL. You can let Dirk get his 12 shots and his 40 points, how do you stifle 70+ shots from other people on the team and not give up another 40-50 points to a team that loves the 3 ball? You're all seriously underestimating this Mavs team. If you don't double Dirk, he will score every time down the court. If you do, he's such a good passer that the 3's will rain down on your heads.

Cubsfan365
05-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Last time I checked,the lakers won the season series against us including a 30 points blowout win in March then we swept them in the playoffs.
The point is he said there's "no answer for Dirk" and he only scored 19 against the Bulls in game 2 on 6-16 shooting.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM

This the playoffs buddy. Dirk > Rose is playoffs. We will see though.

JordansBulls
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM

We didn't have Boozer in the 1st game and didn't have Boozer nor Noah in the 2nd one.

Phenomenonsense
05-18-2011, 02:54 PM
The point is he said there's "no answer for Dirk" and he only scored 19 against the Bulls in game 2 on 6-16 shooting.

And Dirk is playing like the GOAT in these playoffs man. It isn't the regular season. The Lakers swept the Mavs in the regular season. 30+ points in one game. They returned the favor.

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Anyone care to consider the operative term in this post's subject:

See "if"

"If" the Bulls play the rest of the playoffs the way they did in the second half of Game 1, they will sweep the Heat & the West winner.

Lol, everyone forgets that Dirk got 40+ on 12 shot attempts. That's UNREAL. You can let Dirk get his 12 shots and his 40 points, how do you stifle 70+ shots from other people on the team and not give up another 40-50 points to a team that loves the 3 ball? You're all seriously underestimating this Mavs team. If you don't double Dirk, he will score every time down the court. If you do, he's such a good passer that the 3's will rain down on your heads.

LOGIC in this thread!!! :speechless:

No point in trying to predict anything folks. Just watch the game and analyze

Cubsfan365
05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
And Dirk is playing like the GOAT in these playoffs man. It isn't the regular season. The Lakers swept the Mavs in the regular season. 30+ points in one game. They returned the favor.
Yeah Dirk is playing like the GOAT. :rolleyes: Gimme a ****ing break.

Cubsfan365
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
This the playoffs buddy. Dirk > Rose is playoffs. We will see though.
I'm completely satisfied with the way Rose has been playing. Not to mention Rose is 22 years old, and Dirk is about to turn 33.

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Also, making predictions based on the regular season is the definition of ignorant. If it isn't, then if we play Miami, we will easily sweep them. Come on people

Phenomenonsense
05-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah Dirk is playing like the GOAT. :rolleyes: Gimme a ****ing break.

Lol, I didn't say he was, simply that he was playing like the GOAT. He's obviously the best player in the league right now, but that's besides the point. Show me someone who makes 40+ points on 12 shots in a game and I'll show you someone playing like the GOAT.

ddhulett
05-18-2011, 04:27 PM
I know what your saying, but teams have been doing the exact same thing every series against Dallas, and I just thought they should try something different. I'd still rather have Barea shoot a deep 3 with the defender going under, than him getting floaters in the lane, guy dominates the paint lol!

That's just my opinion though. Chandler had some fouls that shouldn't have been fouls, which sucked.

I agree you do want Barea shooting 3's over driving any day.

From what I saw I think they did man up on Dirk and that's why he went to the line so much because the 1 guy can't guard him.

It will be interesting to see what OKC does on Dirk the next game, That's what I love about the NBA playoffs it's a chess match.