PDA

View Full Version : Dirk's 20 FTs?

CowboysKB24
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
This makes me think the league is rigged. We have seen this in so many series. The home team always gets more foul shots. It is ridiculous. Can anyone explain this?

210Don
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
this happens every series with dirk refs love him

Hellcrooner
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I called "star Calls" and is a B.S that rigs everything and distorts everything.

A foul shoudl eb a foul no matter who makes it on who.

But thats not the way the game is called.

ChitownBears22
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Well when you are a walking mismatch you make it to the line at ease. I am sorry but if you get hit while shooting it is a foul. No matter how tall the defender is.

B-Ray
05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Durant has attempted 17 ft's and Westbrook has attempted 12 at this point.
The Thunder have attempted 33 ft's to the Mavs 30.

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I called "star Calls" and is a B.S that rigs everything and distorts everything.

A foul shoudl eb a foul no matter who makes it on who.

But thats not the way the game is called.

this

barreleffact
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Have you not payed any attention to the calls DURANT has gotten?

Shareeb_omac2
05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
I mean... are you watching the game? Dirk is drawing contact everytime he gets near the key. His freethrows are justified.

Sly Guy
05-17-2011, 11:46 PM
I mean... are you watching the game? Dirk is drawing contact everytime he gets near the key. His freethrows are justified.

this. His style of play dictates the and one. He just keeps making them too.

MacFitz92
05-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Dirk has 22 FTA, and Durant 19 FTA, and Westbrook has 18 FTA.

Oklahoma has 9 more FTA as a team, you've got to be joking.

JordansBulls
05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Dirk has 22 FTA, and Durant 19 FTA, and Durant has 18 FTA.

This. Who has two guys on a team that get 18+ FTA in a game?

Bring The Heat
05-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Do you idiots ever look at the play to see if the foul is justified or do you just read the fact he's taken 20 FT's?... Dirk has drawed contact and earned his free throws.. It's not his fault he can't be guarded without being fouled... He's put on a clinic

MacFitz92
I meant Westbrook and Durant :p

Game has been called softly, both ways. Especially with OKC.

210Don
this was disgusting to watch...

Phenomenonsense
05-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Lol, Dirk had 1 bad call that I saw. He drew contact. He's a boss. Easily the best player in the League.

Broadwayjoe NY
The away team has more total trips to the line...well played OP, well played.

Bring The Heat
Dirk has such a great basketball IQ

wizardsfan3
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Have you not payed any attention to the calls DURANT has gotten?

AMEN!! Durant got 19 free throws to Dirks 24 not that much of a difference.....all i have to say is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1asmcV2vIZI

gsgs49
05-18-2011, 12:00 AM
This makes me think the league is rigged. We have seen this in so many series. The home team always gets more foul shots. It is ridiculous. Can anyone explain this?

Fouls by Dallas: 28 Fouls by OKC: 27
Dallas FTA: 36 OKC FTA: 43
Dirk shot 24 free throws but also Durant shot 19 free throws and Westbrook 18.
Nice try lakers fan.

Giraffes Rule
05-18-2011, 12:01 AM
I don't have a hard time believing Dirk could get 20 free throw attempts in a game legitimately. From the few minutes I watched, the dude was lighting it up out there anyways.

Double_R
05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Thread creator is blowing it harder than a midget jumping over me. Durant and Westbrook both shot a ton, not o mention that Dirk earned just about every one.

PS I do think the nbA is pushed in certain directions by the refs, but not tonight.

heyman321
05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
All of Dirk's shots drew contact, most of them on Ibaka anyways. Also, weird, the OP is a Cowboys fan but Lakers fan?

Double_R
05-18-2011, 12:06 AM
How about u create a thread about how u just watched one of the most efficient games put together by a player. One of the best playoff performances I've ever seen.

Not a Mavs fan at all.

Chi StateOfMind
05-18-2011, 12:10 AM

This.

Sadds The Gr8
05-18-2011, 12:10 AM
all of dirk's shots drew contact, most of them on ibaka anyways. also, weird, the op is a cowboys fan but lakers fan?

+1

iggypop123
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM
dallas isnt complaining now thats its in their favor

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM

Oklahoma saw 9 more FTA, I don't see your point.

Sixerlover
05-18-2011, 12:23 AM
OKC free throw attempts > Dallas FT attempts.

Westbrook + Durants free throw attempts >> Dirk + Terrys free throw attemps. What's the problem again?

BlondeBomber41
05-18-2011, 12:26 AM
All of Dirk's shots drew contact, most of them on Ibaka anyways. Also, weird, the OP is a Cowboys fan but Lakers fan?

Probably a Yankees and Red Wings fan also. The bandwagon is big enough for everyone after all.

MFFL==FML
05-18-2011, 12:28 AM

How is it in Dallas' favor when they are shot fewer FTs/had fewer calls? I'm sorry you hate Dallas... I'm sorry you hate Dirk... I'm sorry you weren't held enough as a baby.

MFFL==FML
05-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Tonight Dirk Nowitzki shot 24/24 from the free throw line in a win against the OKC. I know there is a thread title ''Dirk shoots 20 fts'' or something like that but that seems to be a conspiracy theory (even though OKC shot more FTs).

This is a monumental achievement and I'm glad I am alive to be able to say I witnessed greatness. :clap:

Bruno
05-18-2011, 12:33 AM
RW & KD had a lot of Ft's too. OCK shot more FTs than the Mavs. I don't see any foul.

Shareeb_omac2
05-18-2011, 12:47 AM
The record is actually most freethrows made without a miss...

Avenged
05-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Damn! Were their really that many free throws between Durant/Westbrook/Dirk???? :confused:

I didn't watch the game so I'm assuming all 3 did a great job at attacking?

Baller1
05-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Damn! Were their really that many free throws between Durant/Westbrook/Dirk???? :confused:

I didn't watch the game so I'm assuming all 3 did a great job at attacking?

Nope (not trying to take anything away from any of them).

It was called embarrassingly soft throughout. Dallas took advantage of the way the refs were calling the game, simple as that. Oh, and Dirk is an ******* for making all of them... That too.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Agreed, soft calls throughout the game both ways.

Crackadalic
05-18-2011, 01:06 AM
The calls were fishy but it was all fair game for half the game

Tanakid777
05-18-2011, 01:14 AM

OKC was the home team tonight?

NetsPaint
05-18-2011, 01:27 AM
LOL This thread. Durant for the second time in less than a week gets one of the worst calls in his favor I've ever seen.

RollinDeep
05-18-2011, 02:15 AM
That's. Alot of FT's. This game must have taken forever.

Anilyzer
05-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Regardless of which free throws were the most or the least justified, or if some players are getting more calls than others, etc, a HUGE obvious problem is just the sheer volume of calls and the way the referees are completely dominating and controlling games.

Tonight, both teams combined shot 79 free throws. 79. And 55 personal fouls were called all together.

That means, that in a 48 minute game, you are hearing the whistle blow for a PERSONAL FOUL 55 times in 48 minutes, or about 1.15 times each minute. This is not even counting possession calls and other infractions that the refs might call. This game had 25 turnovers, so maybe let's say that's another 10 calls.

So, of course, if the referees are involved in the game to that extent, then ultimately who got the calls (or at best, who made the plays in the few minutes of play when there wasn't a call being made), will determine who wins the game.

Anilyzer
05-18-2011, 04:06 AM
A game like this might look all cool and exciting in the ESPN replays, but the reality is that it's just slooooowwwwwww and frustrating. Product becomes boring. Who in their right mind thinks that this is what the fans want to see?

SeoulBeatz
05-18-2011, 04:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1asmcV2vIZI

...and durant doesn't get star treatment?

please, it's a part of the game, but this was far from rigged, dirk was just takin it to okc.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-18-2011, 05:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9b3ePXfAPE&feature=related

magichatnumber9
05-18-2011, 05:44 AM
The officiating period since the playoffs began is pathetic.

SteBO
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
I really wish officials would let the players play and stop calling these soft fouls, especially when you're going up against the Mavs. If you aren't allowed to play physical with Dirk, you aren't stopping him. Ever.

Big Zo
05-18-2011, 09:22 AM
But I thought the refs and Stern hated the Mavs? lol

Iggz53
05-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Jesus christ, when will people stop *****ing that the league is rigged for the smallest things :rolleyes:. Yeah let's just completely ignore the fact that the Thunder took more free throws than the Mavs did. Every day it's some new conspiracy, it's pathetic.

Iggz53
05-18-2011, 09:27 AM
I really wish officials would let the players play and stop calling these soft fouls, especially when you're going up against the Mavs. If you aren't allowed to play physical with Dirk, you aren't stopping him. Ever.

This. Too many fouls are called, period. It has nothing to do with rigging games, it has everything to do with Stern wanting more NBA offense (which in his mind, generates more revenue) so he discourages players from playing physical defense by enforcing more fouls. It's been a trend since the early 2000's but it has obviously been backfiring because nobody likes watching the refs take over a game.

pebloemer
05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
OKC was the home team tonight?

Well said. That pretty much sums up the stupidity of this thread.

Tarheels23
05-18-2011, 09:36 AM
This. Who has two guys on a team that get 18+ FTA in a game?

Lebron and Wade?

ttam68
05-18-2011, 09:45 AM
So any time something out of the ordinary happens it means its rigged now?

ttam68
05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Too many fouls are called, period. It has nothing to do with rigging games, it has everything to do with Stern wanting more NBA offense (which in his mind, generates more revenue) so he discourages players from playing physical defense by enforcing more fouls. It's been a trend since the early 2000's but it has obviously been backfiring because nobody likes watching the refs take over a game.

Very well said. Nothing is rigged, its just the rules allow skilled players to exploit anyone who tries to play defense. We need to have a committee sit down and look over the rules, I'd gladly cut 1/3 of them.

Hellcrooner
05-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Very well said. Nothing is rigged, its just the rules allow skilled players to exploit anyone who tries to play defense. We need to have a committee sit down and look over the rules, I'd gladly cut 1/3 of them.

Thats why they allow every one deffending pau to grab him, hack him and push him with barely no fouls called ....o i know maybe now he is not skilled :rolleyes:

Iggz53
05-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Thats why they allow every one deffending pau to grab him, hack him and push him with barely no fouls called ....o i know maybe now he is not skilled :rolleyes:

Yeah, the NBA is rigged against Pau Gasol

Hellcrooner
05-18-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah, the NBA is rigged against Pau Gasol

No, its rigged in favour of the players that Media/League put the "star" label on.

Iggz53
05-18-2011, 10:20 AM
No, its rigged in favour of the players that Media/League put the "star" label on.

So how do guys like Kevin Martin, Eric Gordon, Danilo Gallinari, and Chauncey Billups get to the line so much

sep11ie
05-18-2011, 10:23 AM
So, what do you prefer to beat a dead horse with?

Hellcrooner
05-18-2011, 10:25 AM
So how do guys like Kevin Martin, Eric Gordon, Danilo Gallinari, and Chauncey Billups get to the line so much

They shoot a lot , the differnence is each 10 times Martin, gordon, Gallinari and Billups attack and they get hacked refs will call it 6 times.

If you change the names to Paul, Kobe,Melo and Wade then 9 out of the 10 times the foul will be called.

Iggz53
05-18-2011, 10:32 AM
They shoot a lot , the differnence is each 10 times Martin, gordon, Gallinari and Billups attack and they get hacked refs will call it 6 times.

If you change the names to Paul, Kobe,Melo and Wade then 9 out of the 10 times the foul will be called.

Funny because Martin gets to the line more than all the people you named below, except for Wade.

A big part of being a superstar is knowing how to get to the line and being guarded closer. Sometimes, refs will give the benefit of the doubt to superstar players but it's not nearly as significant as you make it seem. 95% of the time, those guys just get to the line more because 1.) they are guarded more tightly than others and 2.) they make a concerted effort to draw contact.

Carey
05-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Maybe a couple were questionable but a couple of the fouls on KD were questionable. Dirk was outstanding last night, he was a great groove, earned most of the ft's.

Baller1
05-18-2011, 10:52 AM

Exactly... I said this in another thread too. They might as well pack it up and wait for the Finals, because we're not gonna be allowed to body Dirk up then we don't stand a chance. The refs will decide the series if that's the case.

Crackadalic
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
I did not know Joe Crawful was officiating. Guess thats why so many calls were made

gatkins11
05-18-2011, 11:34 AM

This.

Chronz
05-18-2011, 12:55 PM

Your math is wrong, those guys get to the liner more PER POSSESSION

MrfadeawayJB
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM

than explain Westbrook's (18) and Durants (19) free throw attempts :facepalm:

SteBO
05-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Seriously, just call less fouls and let the grown men play ball. I'm sick of these officials completely ruining the flow of games by calling fouls on every trip down the floor. Poor Thabo Sefolosha guarded Dirk well on a few occasions, being physical, something that's allowed and they blow the whistle. Might as well give the Mavs the series then, because as I saod before, you won't stop Dirk from dropping 50 points every night if you aren't allowed to be physical and bump him off his spots. It's a joke. Stern is turning the NBA into a puddle of mud with this nonsense.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Seriously, just call less fouls and let the grown men play ball. I'm sick of these officials completely ruining the flow of games by calling fouls on every trip down the floor. Poor Thabo Sefolosha guarded Dirk well on a few occasions, being physical, something that's allowed and they blow the whistle. Might as well give the Mavs the series then, because as I saod before, you won't stop Dirk from dropping 50 points every night if you aren't allowed to be physical and bump him off his spots. It's a joke. Stern is turning the NBA into a puddle of mud with this nonsense.

HAHAHAHAHHAA says the fan of Wade who got 98 ft in a series. Says the fan who now has LeBron and Wade on the same team.

SteBO
05-18-2011, 02:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAA says the fan of Wade who got 98 ft in a series. Says the fan who now has LeBron and Wade on the same team.

Yeah, Dirk shoots jumpers, LeBron and Wade attack the rim. If you don't see a difference, then I can't you.

Phenomenonsense
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Like I said earlier, there was one bad foul on Thabo when he was guarding Dirk. Want to know why he got called for the fouls? Not for bodying, but for reaching. He kept on reaching in and hitting Dirk's arm. Stop trying steal the ball from him from behind and body him. Same goes for Durant.

Shareeb_omac2
05-18-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't understand why it's so hard for you guys to physically witness the reason why he's getting calls...

Durant got called for two quick fouls on Dirk because he couldn't stop swiping at the ball. Dirk went to the line several times because the Thunder were over the foul limit and continued to try to knock the ball out of his hands when he would set up at the edge of the paint. There was a ton of reach in fouls and shooting fouls after Dirk would square his feet and pump fake. Quick making up fairy tale stories as to why he shot those freethrows.

The refs are calling fouls that have been called in every series so far in the playoffs. Nothing different.

tmacsc2
05-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Personally i think what the league calls fouls i call soft little girl fouls! Honestly they need to tone is down, the only way to play defense is to take a step back and not put a body on your man, but when you have guys like durant and dirk then your gonna get burned! The NBA has made the game more geared for offense than defense, same goes for the NFL, with all the nit picky rules and such!

SteveNash
05-18-2011, 03:46 PM
1. Thunder fans complaining about picking up weak fouls is hilarious.

2. Game was atrocious last night, they might as well just have a FT contest between Durant and Dirk.

DoJoTheSlasher
05-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah, Dirk shoots jumpers, LeBron and Wade attack the rim. If you don't see a difference, then I can't you.

Doesn't matter if slashers or not. Yeah they deserve more FT a game but them getting about 6 to 8 ft off of unbelievably BS calls is an everyday thing.

Lo Porto
05-18-2011, 04:15 PM
The worst call of the game was for OKC when Durant threw up his arms against Terry who backed away on the play. And if you actually watched the game, you'd see Durant and others with arms extended on Dirk.

I'm the first guy to call BS on star treatment, but Dirk earned the calls last night. OKC just didn't play smart. I thought Durant and Westbrook got more questionable calls than Dirk.

jlee3936
05-18-2011, 04:43 PM
The worst call of the game was for OKC when Durant threw up his arms against Terry who backed away on the play. And if you actually watched the game, you'd see Durant and others with arms extended on Dirk.

I'm the first guy to call BS on star treatment, but Dirk earned the calls last night. OKC just didn't play smart. I thought Durant and Westbrook got more questionable calls than Dirk.

THANK YOU. Tyson chandler couldn't even look at them when they drove without getting a foul called.

TrueFan420
05-18-2011, 11:44 PM
dirk just **** on all of Oklahoma

MalZee24
05-19-2011, 12:11 AM

THAT dirk 20 FT game makes you think the league is rigged???? and you're a laker fan??? Have you not been watching laker games the past 10 years?

Of course the NBA is rigged. But game 1 mavs thunder shouldnt be the thing that makes you think the nba is rigged. there are plenty of better examples out there that prove it's rigged.

TrueFan420
05-19-2011, 12:36 AM
THAT dirk 20 FT game makes you think the league is rigged???? and you're a laker fan??? Have you not been watching laker games the past 10 years?

Of course the NBA is rigged. But game 1 mavs thunder shouldnt be the thing that makes you think the nba is rigged. there are plenty of better examples out there that prove it's rigged.

hahahahah

shizzle09
05-19-2011, 04:30 AM
ill same the same thing i say to mavs fans who complained about 2006 finals. Stop whining. he earned the ft's.

Kyben36
05-19-2011, 05:23 AM
everyone seems to be ignoring that fact. his 48 is realy diminished by the fact that any time he got touched in the 3rd they gave him a call.

rhino17
05-19-2011, 06:17 AM
NO ONE should be shooting close to 20 free throws a game and this game had 2 players doing that, the league has become pathetic and as boring to watch as hockey

knicksfan42
05-19-2011, 09:04 AM
NO ONE should be shooting close to 20 free throws a game and this game had 2 players doing that, the league has become pathetic and as boring to watch as hockey

3 actually Westbrook and Durant shot 19 and 18 fts.