PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Clippers regret trading away their pick?

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Imagine how great this team could be in the future if they didn't trade away their pick (which ended up being 1st pick).

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Kyrie to Blake would've made a formidable tandem.

nickdymez
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
If they knew it would be the first pick, then yea.. But they didnt

llemon
05-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Still, they did get rid of the piece of garbage, Baron Davis.

And, of course, Sterling deserves every bad thing that happens to him, and more.

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I mean this is obviously all in hindsight.

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
no they don't even need a PG. they're set at every position except Sf...and that's only if Aminu turns out to be a bust

nickdymez
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
I mean this is obviously all in hindsight.

So its not thread worthy right? Thats like saying "Do you think the Blazers are mad they chose Sam Bouie over Jordan?"

Panthers4life
05-17-2011, 11:25 PM
well in that case they could've got derrick williams #1 overall. but they blew it. eric bledsoe, eric gordon, derrick williams, blake griffin, chris kaman with aminu as a 6th man would have been a pretty sick young nucleus

fadedmario
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Yup - the only good player in this whole draft is Irving. Weakest draft ever

JRisdabest
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
as a clippers fan im not upset at all....weak draft and we dont need a pg.

Astronaut
05-17-2011, 11:35 PM
http://calitreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/captain-hindsight1.jpg

bholly
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Of course they do. That doesn't make it any worse of a decision, though. It doesn't change what they knew at the time.

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Just wanted to hear some thoughts. Wasn't to diss or anything. Last I checked this was a forum to discuss sports.

Crackadalic
05-18-2011, 01:11 AM
I like Bledsoe but he isnt better then Irving. He is a more pose pg and he makes his teammates better

airforceones25
05-18-2011, 01:15 AM
It is what it is... Regret it? Not really.... I see Eric Bledsoe and Kyrie Irving as the same player personally. Would have been a luxury certainly. I'm sure they wouldn't have used the pick though. I would imagine they would have used it in a trade of some sort. What's crazy is that we could potentially end up with the 1st overall next year in a much deeper draft(especially at the SF) thanks to Minnesota.

MacFitz92
05-18-2011, 01:18 AM
Cliche, but so true:

Hindsight is 20/20.

SeoulBeatz
05-18-2011, 01:18 AM
hindsight is 20/20

if i were a clipper fan i wouldn't be too pissed, how could you possibly know you were gonna win the lottery. But personally i think Kyrie Irving is going to be a VERY good PG in this league and there's no doubt a KYRIE TO BLAKE tandem would have been sickening.

if yall forgot how good kyrie is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPP7pf2Ng3s

i realize it's high school, but he has a ton of a talent and potential.

iggypop123
05-18-2011, 01:20 AM
its all hindsight rendering this thread useless.

SP17
05-18-2011, 01:21 AM
It depends on what they see is important. Getting a decent player for the team or saving 11 mil for the next 2 years..

I wish they could have hang on to the pick even if it was only a late lott at that time..Still you could get a good to decent player on that slot..

championships
05-18-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm sure they do now.

My question is if it was still the Clippers pick, would they have won the first pick? :eyebrow:

ElMarroAfamado
05-18-2011, 01:29 AM
haha If the Clippers would have kept it they would have found a way to fall to 10 or something......

and No they should not regret it. I am tired of Clipper fans talking draft this draft that, Really? ? ? Mo Williams is better than anyone that is going to come out of this class..and he might leave anyway so it doesnt matter....

Olowokandi
Miles
Richardson
Thornton
KOROLEV

should I keep going?

SP17
05-18-2011, 01:33 AM
But your last few drafts were pretty solid ones..

Anyway maybe the money was more important to them..

any idea what was the original slot of the pick?

RollinDeep
05-18-2011, 02:17 AM
This just shows how terrible the Baron Davis turned out to be. Would've been some luck for the Clips though, #1 pick in 2 of the past 3 drafts.

alencp3
05-18-2011, 02:19 AM
just imagine, frontcourt of Blake and Enes

PC
05-18-2011, 02:23 AM
just imagine, frontcourt of Blake and Enes

A frontcourt of Blake+Jordan is pretty damn scary too:laugh2:

Chronz
05-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I said it from the start, the only way I regret that trade is if we end up with the #1 pick and he turns out to be a stud.

We are halfway there

Hawkeye15
05-18-2011, 01:12 PM
eh, there was a 97.2% chance the Clips had the 8th pick, no capspace, and Baron Davis this morning. Had to go with the odds, but sure it stings I bet.

They get the Wolves unprotected #1 next season, and unless Kahn is able to flip the #2 pick for a player like Iggy, get Rubio over here and he produces, and Wesley Johnson makes a big leap, along with getting another stablizing veteran, the Clips will have just as good of a chance next year in a much stronger draft to land the top pick, and picking 8th will STILL get them a player that would be top 2-3 this draft

210Don
05-18-2011, 01:18 PM
clippers stay losing

PhillyFaninLA
05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
When you trade a pick you know the risks....a good GM will not think about what if, only about what now.

Hitman21
05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
All these clippers fans saying we dont need a PG...maybe u forgot about derrick williams. bledsoe gordon williams BG and jordan wouldve been nasty. any clippers fans who say they arent upset was probably ******** bricks last nite

rabzouz 96
05-18-2011, 08:27 PM
umm, why is everybody sayin the clips dont need a pg, am i missin somebody or is the 28-year old,8-years older than the centerpiece, so long gone when hes in his prime-comboguard mo williams, whos only succesful season was with lbj that pg that everybodys talking about? i still think it was a dumb trade, once again sterling wanting to save some dollars turned out bad for the clips. i dont even get what they need capspace for, since the only way for the clips to get sb good on that team is prolly drafting that player(or trading).

Clippersfan86
05-18-2011, 08:32 PM
umm, why is everybody sayin the clips dont need a pg, am i missin somebody or is the 28-year old,8-years older than the centerpiece, so long gone when hes in his prime-comboguard mo williams, whos only succesful season was with lbj that pg that everybodys talking about? i still think it was a dumb trade, once again sterling wanting to save some dollars turned out bad for the clips. i dont even get what they need capspace for, since the only way for the clips to get sb good on that team is prolly drafting that player(or trading).

Rabouz meet Eric Bledsoe. 28 year old Mo still has a couple years left in the tank at a high quality starter level at least and Eric Bledsoe has a ton of potential and improved tremendously from Summer league and as the season went on. Doubt Kyrie turns into a star. Only position the Clippers are weak is SF. The Clippers have a ton of depth, talent and potential at the other positions.

Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
Eric Gordon/Randy Foye
??//??
Blake Griffin/Craig Smith/Ike Diogu
Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan

rabzouz 96
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Rabouz meet Eric Bledsoe. 28 year old Mo still has a couple years left in the tank at a high quality starter level at least and Eric Bledsoe has a ton of potential and improved tremendously from Summer league and as the season went on. Doubt Kyrie turns into a star. Only position the Clippers are weak is SF. The Clippers have a ton of depth, talent and potential at the other positions.

Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
Eric Gordon/Randy Foye
??//??
Blake Griffin/Craig Smith/Ike Diogu
Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan
hmm k so bledsoe is the one i was missing out on, still not too sure those 6.7 points and 3.sth assists are worth the big hope, i still wouldve preferred to have some young competition at the pg with bledsoe and irving to a shoot first pg like mo.

NBAfan4life
05-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I dont think they mind because if they would not of traded the pick to Cleveland it would not of been the number 1 overall pick.

Tarheels23
05-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Clipps wouldnt have got the #1, they only got it because Cleveland now has the rights.

JasonJohnHorn
05-18-2011, 08:52 PM
If they hadnt made the trade, their record would have been different, the Cavs record would have been different, and all the variables would have changed, and the Clippers could have easily ended up with a much lower pick.

That said, they were desperate to get rid of Davis's contract and nobody would touch it without an added bonus. And considering how much of a question mark this draft it, even with hindsight, it seems like a good move. Though often times the drafts that seem weakest, produce the most talent. Perhaps less all-stars, but more long term NBA careers with solid starters and role players.

You never know.

Clippersfan86
05-18-2011, 09:05 PM
hmm k so bledsoe is the one i was missing out on, still not too sure those 6.7 points and 3.sth assists are worth the big hope, i still wouldve preferred to have some young competition at the pg with bledsoe and irving to a shoot first pg like mo.

Don't trust the averages. Bledsoe showed dominant flashes. 17 point, 4 steal 4th quarter vs the Wizards... 15 point 4th quarter vs the Nuggets.. Multiple games of 2 blocked shots. Multiple games of 3+ steals in limited minutes. The guy showed downright dominant defensive potential in flashes.

jrm2054
05-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Yes they regret it

junion
05-18-2011, 09:33 PM
i'm sure they wish they had the pick, but i don't think they'll regret it.

they were playing the odds, and the odds were that the clippers weren't going to get first pick. it just turned out that they did - with a small chance.

this is the same way they got blake griffin - the slim chance of getting first pick. but they got blake that way, and this draft is pretty weak because all the college players are holding out just in case there's a lockout.

they also got rid of baron davis - a cancer on the team, a bandwagon player - only playing when he feels the team is good enough.

this is one of those questions where it will only be answered maybe 5 years down the road -after seeing how the draft, lockout, players all pan out.

Hellcrooner
05-18-2011, 10:24 PM
come one be serious.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090624&sportCat=nba

they should ahve been expecting it.

I mean, you know? thats what happens to clippers.

If they ahd kept it the dude probably woudl ahve broken his knee the day after signing the contract or something of the like.