PDA

View Full Version : What Finals Match-up Are You Hoping For At This Point?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Its down to four teams now, so the shape of the finals is comign together. At this point in the playoffs, considering who is left, what match-up do you hope to watch in the finals?

I'm pulling for Chi-town and Dallas (though I'd be happy with OKC). I like the way Chi-town has build there team, shrewd free agent signing, trades/draft (turning that Eddy Curry loss into a HUGE gain). They were lucky to get Rose, but everything else has just been solid front office work. They are young and fresh, and they got great defence, and on the other side I'd like to see Dallas. Deng could work on Dirk, Kidd can work on Rose, show the young guy how it gets done. Chandler and Noah make for a great match-up. Then you got depth on both sides, Krover, Gibson, Brewer and Thomas looking over to Marion, Butler (if he is healthy) Haywood and Peja.

That would just be awesome. I'd be happy with either team winning. Dirk deserves a ring so bad, and it would just be awesome to watch Rose show LBJ how to get it done on your first finals appearance. A lot has been said about LBJ leaving CLVND, and Rose is in a very similar situation, and for him to push through and show the heart it takes to win with the talent you have, i think it would be good for the league. And OKC and the Grizz have build their teams in similar, so I would have been happy with either of them winning.

How about you guys? Lets here it from the Heat fans, and OKC, Dallas and Chi-town! What match-ups are you looking forward to?

Baller1
05-17-2011, 04:56 PM
OKC-Miami.

Durant vs. Lebron

JordansBulls
05-17-2011, 05:01 PM
I wanted Bulls vs Thunder, but I think it will be Bulls and Mavs. Don't see the Thunder getting there not when you need 7 games to beat the 8th seed.

StriveGreatness
05-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Heat-Thunder

Baller1
05-17-2011, 05:04 PM
I wanted Bulls vs Thunder, but I think it will be Bulls and Mavs. Don't see the Thunder getting there not when you need 7 games to beat the 8th seed.

I think people put too much into the number next to the team name. Memphis made relatively quick work of a 60+ win team with four championships in the past decade. They weren't a scrub team by any stretch of the imagination.

Not to mention, according to the majority, Denver was the most feared low seed going into the playoffs.

haggis
05-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Bulls-OKC

Time to see the younguns do some work.

Gibby23
05-17-2011, 05:09 PM

Ya, those damn 2008 Celtics only ended up winning the championship. I think that was good for this young team. They had a must win game in memphis and won it. They got to play in a all or nothing game 7 and responded well. Whats not to like about that?

210Don
05-17-2011, 05:10 PM
bulls thunder would be great, very unique no one woulda thought them before the year.

jimbobjarree
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
ThunderBulls

JordansBulls
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Ya, those damn 2008 Celtics only ended up winning the championship. I think that was good for this young team. They had a must win game in memphis and won it. They got to play in a all or nothing game 7 and responded well. Whats not to like about that?

That if you struggled to barely beat an 8th seed, it will be tough to beat a team who knocked out the defending champions when you don't even have HCA in that series.

But I wanted Bulls/Thunder from the beginning of the playoffs.

Gibby23
05-17-2011, 05:13 PM
That if you struggled to barely beat an 8th seed, it will be tough to beat a team who knocked out the defending champions when you don't even have HCA in that series.

Then I can say that the 8th seed you are talking about beat the 1 seed.

RCarlson85
05-17-2011, 05:16 PM
OKC-Miami.

Durant vs. Lebron

This. Let it be!

LJEATON26
05-17-2011, 06:50 PM
OkC vs Chicago. I don't ever want to see Miami in a championship, considering they have already celebrated for 7!

theheatles
05-17-2011, 06:52 PM
heat vs thunder

WVNowitzki
05-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Man, Dallas gets 0 respect still. So tired of people who jumped on the Durant bandwagon last year, that **** is old. Yall are lame.

flips333
05-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Honestly I'm a bulls fan, so that side's a duh.

In the west you kinda gotta love both teams. Dallas has been a damn good team for years but have been outshined. They dropped the lakers in dramatic fashion. (reminded me of the bulls sweep of the pistons way back... the lakers pulled some classy Roman throwing Pipen down moves to). Gotta love Dirk and Kidd getting another shot. And let's not deny the fact that Mark Cuban is just hilarious to have around.

The Thunder made serious moves that it looks like crippled the celtics. You have to love their1 -2 young punch. And it would be great to see them square off against all the young guys on the bulls.

gaughan333
05-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Bulls v Thunder.

Not everyone is a Durant bandwagon fan, I have liked him since he played at Texas. (I still wear the Durant supersonics jersey I have)

Bullsfan22
05-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Bulls Mavs...Two of the deepest teams battling it out PURE team basketball.

Baller1
05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Bulls v Thunder.

Not everyone is a Durant bandwagon fan, I have liked him since he played at Texas. (I still wear the Durant supersonics jersey I have)

:(

Sixerlover
05-17-2011, 07:48 PM
OKC - Miami

Sixerlover
05-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Bulls v Thunder.

I've been watching him since he played with the PG Jaguars in Vegas back in my AAU days. My team almost had to play against him :speechless:

So I was a big fan of his when he got to Texas, then the wave of national hype hit and I had to cool off of my fandom. Same with Rose.

Baller1
05-17-2011, 07:52 PM
I've been watching him since he played with the PG Jaguars in Vegas back in my AAU days. My team almost had to play against him :speechless:

So I was a big fan of his when he got to Texas, then the wave of national hype hit and I had to cool off of my fandom. Same with Rose.

I was going to play against Demar Derozan, but my school declined. :pity:

Sixerlover
05-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I was going to play against Demar Derozan, but my school declined. :pity:

That same summer I saw DeRozan win a dunk contest, when lil Romeo was on his team too :laugh2:

He was a machine though. Jump out of the gym

Baller1
05-17-2011, 08:03 PM
That same summer I saw DeRozan win a dunk contest, when lil Romeo was on his team too :laugh2:

He was a machine though. Jump out of the gym

:laugh: nice.

I know! The game was scheduled and everything, but my school declined because his school wanted half the profits of the game. So frustrating. I would've gladly gotten dunked on by Derozan.

naps
05-17-2011, 08:03 PM
HEAT-Mavs! Flashback 2006 baby!

unleashthebeast
05-17-2011, 08:16 PM
HEAT-Mavs! Flashback 2006 baby!

:drool: this

WHODAT8o8
05-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Dirk tO single handedly beat the heat and win his first

Sly Guy
05-17-2011, 08:21 PM
Chi-Dal. I wanna see Cuban wing a ring.

netsgiantsyanks
05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
i want to see bulls-thunder, but it'll probably be bulls-mavs.

championships
05-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Bulls and Thunder...

Chi StateOfMind
05-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Bulls vs. Thunder

ChaseHamels
05-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Bulls thunder

lakeshow3peat
05-17-2011, 08:42 PM
well i can see both west teams going to finals if they play there game well and i only see bulls going to finals in the east .

If Dallas plays like they did against the Lakers then Mavs VS Bulls but if Thunder shut them 3 point shots down then Thunder vs bulls . Miami has talent but there no team yet !

NBAfan4life
05-17-2011, 08:45 PM
If the Heat beat the Bulls I think Dallas is more likely to beat the Heat. If the Bulls can put away the Heat I want OKC.

Underrated Wade
05-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Mavs and Heat rematch! Going to game 7 in miami with miami down 2 with 1 secons left wade shoots a 3 and miami wins! Of course wade gets finals mvp again.

Ill keep dreaming :cry::cry:

Underrated Wade
05-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I also dont think anyother matchup would be exciting in my OPINION
Key word: OPINION so dont be a troll