PDA

View Full Version : Lebron willing to defend Derrick Rose full-time in Game 2

JordansBulls
05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/cbsports-lebron-james-whatever-it-takes-20110516,0,5646455.story

In the wake of Sunday night’s 103-82 Chicago Bulls victory over the Miami Heat, LeBron James says he is willing to make whatever adjustments necessary to get his team even in the Eastern Conference finals Wednesday night at the United Center.

“It doesn’t matter. I have guarded five positions this year and the postseason. Whatever it takes for our team to win,” James said Monday before his team’s practice. “If that means guarding (Derrick) Rose from the start or playing more point guard, I’m up for the task.”

Tarheels23
05-17-2011, 11:02 AM
I didnt understand why they dont throw James and Wade on Rose in game 1

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:05 AM

They did throw Wade. He got destroyed endurance wise having to chase Rose and then defended by Brewer and Bogans. Lebron defending Rose is an interesting strategy. It will only kill them more in the rebounding aspect though and Lebron will be too gassed to do much offensively imo.

Baller1
05-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes! Can't wait to watch that matchup.

AddiX
05-17-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm tired of bron acting like he can guard quick point guards. He's never been ever to guard any of these guys he said the same thing about rondo last year and as soon as it was apparent he couldn't guard rondo he never guarded him again.

For a superstar this guy is the biggest chump in the NBA. Yeah a 260 lb player is going guard the quickest player in the NBA, give me a break fkin break.

D1JM
05-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Chalmers or Bibby on deng? Or that means more James jones?

WeBallin
05-17-2011, 11:14 AM

Newz Flash Wade Can't Guard Rose, If he wants to be effective on the offensive end, I'm All for LBJ guardin DROSE aswell cause that will take from James game too on the offensive end, Erik Spolestra needs worry about execution not matchups , the ball movement was the issue in Game 1

ManRam
05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Either way, Bibby needs to be on a much shorter leash...If he misses a few shots, he needs to sit, period.

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm tired of bron acting like he can guard quick point guards. He's never been ever to guard any of these guys he said the same thing about rondo last year and as soon as it was apparent he couldn't guard rondo he never guarded him again.

For a superstar this guy is the biggest chump in the NBA. Yeah a 260 lb player is going guard the quickest player in the NBA, give me a break fkin break.

So what if hes not as fast? Ron Artest and Battier aren't fast either. But one guy uses his physical ability while the other out smarts you. Its not about matching up quickness... Lebron is fairly agile and if he can somehow stay with Rose and body him up in the paint then whose to say Lebron can't stop him? Rose can beat James a little, but Lebron has shown that he can recover and can still contest layups.

BkOriginalOne
This is actually good for the Bulls.
Lebron will get burnt out on the defensive end, and have less energy to throw at Deng and Brewer on the offensive side of the ball. The Heat would also lose their best wing rebounder and it will slow down Miami's transition game playing more the Bulls tempo.

Here's hoping for 2 quick fouls on Lebron in the 1st qt.

SteBO
Chalmers or Bibby on deng?

This is why I don't LeBron on Rose full time. We tried this in the regular season as well, and Deng killed every time. LeBron needs to keep his matchup with Deng in check. Bottom line, there's no way we stop Rose, it's a team concept. We could put Miller on Deng, while LeBron checks Rose, but Deng would kill Miller aka "edward scissorhands".

k.smith904
05-17-2011, 11:16 AM
lol please do, bron bron.

Breakout game for Deng! And it's not like bron can keep up with Rose anyway.

tjlipford
05-17-2011, 11:17 AM
That's not good for Miami. Lebron on rose isn't good because he still is gonna get his & he will wear Lebron out which will make Lebron less effective on offense. Also, who will guard Deng? Chalmers & Bibby will be a mismatch. Regardless what Lebron or anyone says he can't guard Rose for a full game it just doesn't add up or make sense

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:19 AM

Probably going big. But that is still playing to our advantage considering they have yet to show they can play half court style. I don't buy Lebron will all of a sudden become some pass first player. Too much ego and pride. He would rather beat Thibs' defense (as would Wade for that matter) in an ISO situation than share. Playing right into our hands. :laugh2:

AddiX
05-17-2011, 11:20 AM
So what if hes not as fast? Ron Artest and Battier aren't fast either. But one guy uses his physical ability while the other out smarts you. Its not about matching up quickness... Lebron is fairly agile and if he can somehow stay with Rose and body him up in the paint then whose to say Lebron can't stop him? Rose can beat James a little, but Lebron has shown that he can recover and can still contest layups.

Again, you are wrong, as usual.

Bron use to play the pg position in cle and when it was obvious he couldn't guard any pg in the NBA they ended that nonsense.

Bron just likes to boost his ego by saying stupid crap like I'll guard him. You might see bron guard rose a few times in the first quarter, and just like what happened with rondo, he will get destroyed and won't guard him again.

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Why not a lineup of: Wade, James Jones, Lebron, Bosh and Anthony?

Pierzynski4Prez
05-17-2011, 11:22 AM
So lebron guards Rose
Chalmers takes Bogans
Wade on Deng
Bosh on Noah
Anthony on Booz

That's my take on how they would have to play it if they tried.

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Not to mention the key to Miami's defense is the rotation by the Wade and Lebron. They are the anchors of their defense which is why imo their defense is flawed UNTIL they get that big man anchor. I've always said it, a defense can't be SO dependent on their perimeter players. Even with Jordan's Bulls, we had great defenders in Rodman and Grant and big man who actually filled up space like Longley and Wennington, not undersized like Anthony who might be able to block but can't box out for ****. This is a roster flaw, one that looks like Bulls should be able to expose.

Cubs Win
05-17-2011, 11:23 AM
This is why I don't LeBron on Rose full time. We tried this in the regular season as well, and Deng killed every time. LeBron needs to keep his matchup with Deng in check. Bottom line, there's no way we stop Rose, it's a team concept. We could put Miller on Deng, while LeBron checks Rose, but Deng would kill Miller aka "edward scissorhands".

Exactly. Deng would have it much easier on offense and Rose would still get his. On the other hand, LeBron most likely isn't as effective offensively due to the defensive effort on Rose. I'll gladly invite LeBron to try this.

John Walls Era
05-17-2011, 11:24 AM

Bron use to play the pg position in cle and when it was obvious he couldn't guard any pg in the NBA they ended that nonsense.

Bron just likes to boost his ego by saying stupid crap like I'll guard him. You might see bron guard rose a few times in the first quarter, and just like what happened with rondo, he will get destroyed and won't guard him again.

No I'm actually always right.

But yeah putting Lebron on Rose is a terrible decision when you can put Bibby on him :laugh2: :facepalm:.

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2011, 11:24 AM
i dunno why they don't just put Wade on him...

YoungOne
05-17-2011, 11:25 AM
didnt work on rondo last year, wont work this year on rose

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:25 AM
So lebron guards Rose
Chalmers takes Bogans
Wade on Deng
Bosh on Noah
Anthony on Booz

Brutal.
The offensive rebounding issue isn't solved. In fact it would be only worse, because arguably your best rebounder is even farther from the paint (Lebron), and again, Lebron is probably your anchor in this defense. It's why in the beginning of the season, I said, that not having a consistent defensive big man will be an issue.

northsider
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM

Thats what they did game 1.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-17-2011, 11:26 AM

They tried that game 1. Wade got worn the F out.

D1JM
05-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Rose will still blow by him if it's one on one. Lebron will still need the help defense to stop him leaving other people wide open. I seriously don't mind it at all because if it means lebron not attaking the rim for rebounds, that's a plus for us.

Sadds The Gr8
05-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Thats what they did game 1.

They tried that game 1. Wade got worn the F out.

woah did they? i don't remember him guarding him full time. i think Lebron guarding him is stupid unless they think Wade can guard Deng

jockrider
05-17-2011, 11:33 AM

im assuming chalmers/bibby takes bogans and wade takes deng i don't think that would be much of a problem pretty sure wade can guard most 3's.

LakersIn5
heat will win the series. lebron will shut down rose. and deng would have a field day in scoring. but doesnt matter. if i were the heat i dont mind trying to be beaten by deng.

Heater4life
LBJ is talking hypotheticals. You would have to be an idiot to allow that match up on a consistent basis.

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Putting Lebron on Rose is just a recipe for disaster. Besides, the ironic thing is that Rose was guarded just fine in game 1. Yes he scored 28 points, but they were mostly jump shots. Once again, they are playing into the Bulls hand. First the small lineup, now this. I really hope this is their gameplan. Alas, I doubt it. But I do expect LBJ on Rose in critical junctures of the game, which has been pretty effective. As long as Wade isn't dumb enough to cheat off his man again. :D

jockrider
05-17-2011, 11:34 AM
woah did they? i don't remember him guarding him full time. i think Lebron guarding him is stupid unless they think Wade can guard Deng

i think wade can guard deng he's taller but wade has a large wing span.

DeyAce
05-17-2011, 11:36 AM
no one can stop rose

jockrider
05-17-2011, 11:38 AM

lol all he said was he'll guard him if he has to and that he's up for the task. is everything lebron does a ego stroke some people i swear.

D1JM
Putting Lebron on Rose is just a recipe for disaster. Besides, the ironic thing is that Rose was guarded just fine in game 1. Yes he scored 28 points, but they were mostly jump shots. Once again, they are playing into the Bulls hand. First the small lineup, now this. I really hope this is their gameplan. Alas, I doubt it. But I do expect LBJ on Rose in critical junctures of the game, which has been pretty effective. As long as Wade isn't dumb enough to cheat off his man again. :D

Wade does gamble a lot. However, I don't think lebron is going to guard him all game long.

SteBO
LeBron, you gotta use your head here. We defended Rose well enough in Game 1, he just hit his jumpers. If there's any blemish the Bulls had the other night, it's that Rose didn't attack enough, credit going to the Heat defense. It's bad enough Rose could still get his points, but to leave Deng open to do what he wants only adds to the problem. LeBron should be on Deng and Deng only for most of the time he's on the floor. We can't afford to lose that matchup.

tjlipford
05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I just dont like Lebron guarding Rose like this. As someone said earlier, Wade & Lebron are the anchors of that Defense and there abilities to be great help side defenders really makes there defense as good as it is.

Now, I think Wade guarding Rose is a better option because of the size, but Wade may not be as effective on offense so thats the risk u take. I dont think Miami should start to panic just yet.

Z & Dampier should be active for the rest of the series because of there size & should have never been inactive in the first place especially when this team has outrebounded u in every game u played them in and u were undersized so to say

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:41 AM
LeBron, you gotta use your head here. We defended Rose well enough in Game 1, he just hit his jumpers. If there's any blemish the Bulls had the other night, it's that Rose didn't attack enough, credit going to the Heat defense. It's bad enough Rose could still get his points, but to leave Deng open to do what he wants only adds to the problem. LeBron should be on Deng and Deng only for most of the time he's on the floor. We can't afford to lose that matchup.

Honestly, Miami is just going to have a tough time with their current roster as is. Because their bigs are so inept at rebounding AND defense they are likely forced to do more of that as well which of course takes ALOT away from their transition game which is their bread and butter. I will say this, if they can nab Dalembert ( I don't think they will cause I think he cares more about the paycheck) or Pryzbilla, that team will be MUCH scarier.

jockrider
05-17-2011, 11:42 AM
is ilgauskas/dampier going to play or are the heat going to stick with this small ball nonsense.

Cool007
05-17-2011, 11:43 AM
They did throw Wade. He got destroyed endurance wise having to chase Rose and then defended by Brewer and Bogans. Lebron defending Rose is an interesting strategy. It will only kill them more in the rebounding aspect though and Lebron will be too gassed to do much offensively imo.

+1.

IMO, it will only backfire if Heat chose to do just that. Bulls will got Luol Deng more and there is no way any their other players can even contain Deng. Deng will post them up and just score easily. Not to mention, they will have big trouble again rebounding if LeBron is out there by 3pt line to guard Rose.

I would love to see it. Also, there is no freaking way LeBron can stay with Rose.

Also, they could leave with D-Wade guarding Rose coz Bogans and Brewer are not good scorers/shooters but then we all saw how gassed D-Wade looked late in the game.

Bullsfan22
05-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I hope this happens this will make it easier for the Bulls to execute their offense in the long run. Rose had 28 and 6 on bibby as crazy as it sounds if I'm the heat I'll take that and the way he got it every single game. Why risk having you're most dynamic player winded chasing Rose around? One or two of lebron's rebounding,assisting or scoring will suffer.

Gibby23
05-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Didn't Lebrons man get 21 points in game 1?

Geargo Wallace
05-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Rose wasn't exactly the Heat's problem in game 1

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:47 AM
is ilgauskas/dampier going to play or are the heat going to stick with this small ball nonsense.

Honestly, I'd hate to be Spo right now. It's a pick your poison situation right now. Anthony is their best pick and roll defender big by far, but he also can't rebound for ****. Meanwhile, Dampier and Big Z are WAY too slow-footed to guard the pick and roll and big Z has never even been a good rebounder. And he has been one of the worst players in the postseason.

The cliche has always been that big men depth is key. Miami is seeing that firsthand now. Besides what has happened to Dampier anyway... This is the difference for Miami between Boston and Chicago. Boston was a very bad rebounding team so they got away with Anthony while Chicago is by far the best. So they are in deep ****, needless to say. I don't envy Spo, that's for sure. He's going to have to come up with something revolutionary. Or more likely hope that Lebron or Wade become red hot and hit everything, which I expect to happen at least once this series that will win them a game.

Sly Guy
05-17-2011, 11:47 AM
So lebron guards Rose
Chalmers takes Bogans
Wade on Deng
Bosh on Noah
Anthony on Booz

and that looks awful. Bosh is too weak to play a beast like Noah, and keep him off the glass.

Booz is too quick for Anthony, although it's prob one of their better matchups on the floor. Wade is too small for Deng. Chalmers on Boguns is their best matchup, and LeBron on Rose isn't good either. Rose is too agile, there's no way that all that extra weight LeBron's got will be able to move with Rose. This is just LeBron pulling a Kobe by saying he can guard anyone. LeBron needs to realize at his size, he's NOT Kobe. He CAN'T guard 4 positions on the floor, and that he just needs to play his position as best he can, and hope it's enough to outperform Rose and half the Bulls' roster.

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Honestly, Miami's best plan imo is to just have Chalmers guard Rose and hope for the best. In the end, you can't move Lebron from that free safety position. He is their anchor and he needs to stay there. By having him guarding Rose, you are in reality hurting your defense AND offense.

Hangtime
05-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Miami lost that game on the boards, too many turnovers, and not hitting jumpers. Unless they fix those three things they are in for another bad second half in game 2.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-17-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/sports/cbsports-lebron-james-whatever-it-takes-20110516,0,5646455.story

lol, Rose will blow past LBJ lol

Hangtime
05-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Honestly, Miami's best plan imo is to just have Chalmers guard Rose and hope for the best. In the end, you can't move Lebron from that free safety position. He is their anchor and he needs to stay there. By having him guarding Rose, you are in reality hurting your defense AND offense.

I agree. When Deng and those other guys stepped up that was what killed Miami. They need to just play Rose straight up. Miami needs to do a better job taking care of the ball and are gonna have to get more agressive on the boards. Somebody on Miami's bench are gonna have to hit some shots on the perimeter because the Bulls are not respecting those guys at all and just crowd the paint to keep Bron and Wade from going to the rim.

DaBUU
05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
i think wade can guard deng he's taller but wade has a large wing span.

Deng has a decent post game and would work Wade out down there. I think Miami played good defense on Rose, clogged the lane and dint allow him to penetrate much. I agree with someone above who said just put Chalmers on him and hope for the best. No way you use LBJ on the perimeter checking Derrick and take him away from the basket.

droalex
05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
honestly, miami's best plan imo is to just have chalmers guard rose and hope for the best. In the end, you can't move lebron from that free safety position. He is their anchor and he needs to stay there. By having him guarding rose, you are in reality hurting your defense and offense.
+1

pd1dish
05-17-2011, 12:11 PM
i hope they put Lebron on Rose. cleveland did that either last year or the year before when Rose was single-handedly beating the Cavs in the 4th quarter. Lebron guarded Rose for the last few minutes and Rose went right at Lebron and scored on him 3 straight possessions. then Lebron decided he didnt want to defend Rose anymore lol

it also takes Lebron out of the paint who is a good rebounder and shot blocker

Cool007
05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
The whole reason why LeBron said this and why Heat may want LeBron on Rose is...

1) So they won't have to send traps or double team towards Rose. As they count on LeBron guarding 1-on-1 vs Rose.

2) Sending traps and double is what caused the whole team out of position in helping the helper and Bulls got many offensive boards.

3) Rose still got his anyways.

so they are like they will just put LeBron on Rose and not send doubles and everyone else concentrate on rebounding and boxing out. Rose might still get his 28-30 points but then they won't give up too many offensive boards.

That's a gamble but I don't know (if they think) they have much choice. It could hurt them in other ways like Deng going off for 30? Bulls still might get rebounds anyway as they have pretty good rebounders, LeBron might get tired.

Or on the other hand, it could work. If Rose is not penetrating, others may struggle. Less people in wrong position as they wouldn't have to help the helper etc and get more rebounds.

So I can see it either way.

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Miami, to me, looks like a very desperate team that is trying to scrap something random and hope it works somehow. We are a matchup problem, they know it and they simply don't have the personnel so they hope something completely different will somehow work. Well all I can say is good luck.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Rose is unlikely to be shooting as well from the outside in game 2, so this is a really stupid idea.

daleja424
05-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I dont think anyone can guard Rose, but you have to like this response from Lebron...you just have to. This is exactly what you want your superstar to say, "I'll do whatever it takes"

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 12:41 PM
I dont think anyone can guard Rose, but you have to like this response from Lebron...you just have to. This is exactly what you want your superstar to say, "I'll do whatever it takes"
It sounds slightly arrogant to me, but by all means, I'd love to see how Lebron's game is after having to chase Rose around all game.

kozelkid
05-17-2011, 12:41 PM

Meh. Talk is cheap. Actions speak louder than words. Like others said, Lebron said the same against Rondo and then he quit after getting torched.

I know you and other Heat fans will accuse of the double standard that Lebron gets **** on no matter what he says, but that's the case. And after the lackluster effort on his part on Sunday, I'm gonna have a hard time respecting him until he actually proves it.

sixer04fan
05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow! He's willing to guard Rose in game 2? What a saint! What a hero! What a model human being, just an amazing role model for all people to follow!

D Roses Bulls
05-17-2011, 12:47 PM
can anyone else see this happening again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARQCPfhzE4

daleja424
05-17-2011, 12:54 PM
lets be honest here people... those of you that dont like Lebron will find a way to bag on the man regardless of what he says. If Rose said he was going to guard wade tonight for his team you would be singing his praises...

Bullsfan22
05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Another thing that people seem to forget is Rose never kicked it in to the second gear. Partly because the Heat defense but it was obvious his jumper was going so he felt no need to attack the basket regularly.

ChitownSports16
05-17-2011, 12:58 PM
can anyone else see this happening again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZARQCPfhzE4

No!!!!!! That's because that happen to be a regular season game so what ever happens in the regular season won't happen in the play-offs.

Bruno
05-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice call by LBJ; gona be fun to watch. Game two will be a epic, hopefully.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 01:01 PM
lets be honest here people... those of you that dont like Lebron will find a way to bag on the man regardless of what he says. If Rose said he was going to guard wade tonight for his team you would be singing his praises...
And if Rose blamed his bench for losing a game that he shot like crap in, many would kill him...but no one's been really blasting Wade for doing just that.

alencp3
05-17-2011, 01:05 PM
why not miller @ SF, he is good rebounder and can defend pretty well

and imo lebron can totally shut down rose if he wants to

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 01:07 PM

Recently Miller doesn't defend that well, good mismatch for Deng to take advantage of.

I think Lebron would be okay early on, but as the game wore on, Rose constantly running him around on D is going to wear him down.

Gibby23
05-17-2011, 01:07 PM

No he cant

daleja424
05-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I dont think anyone can shut down Rose... I do think that Lebron's size would bother rose a lot more on the traps though. Could help force some TOs. Whoever is going to guard D-Rose it doesn't matter... the key to beating the Bulls is staying with the other guys. You HAVE to keep a body on Boozer, Gibson, and Noah (or they will get O rebounds all day) AND you have to stay at home on Deng and Korver.

If Rose scores 60 points and the Bulls win...so be it. But you cannot allow the other Bulls to pick you apart, b/c then this team is impossible to beat.

GeekInThePink
05-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Derrick Rose is too fast for LeBron and James Jones/Mike Miller will be torched by Luol Deng if LBJ is on Rose.

njnets
05-17-2011, 01:16 PM
i think just keep chalmers on him. rose is going to get his points, no matter who goes on him. box out the bigs from crashing the offensive boards and nullify the wing players for the bulls with your best two defender wade and james. limit everyone else on the floor except rose. i think that is the best way to stop rose.

daleja424
05-17-2011, 01:19 PM
i think just keep chalmers on him. rose is going to get his points, no matter who goes on him. box out the bigs from crashing the offensive boards and nullify the wing players for the bulls with your best two defender wade and james. limit everyone else on the floor except rose. i think that is the best way to stop rose.

I agree.

Get Dampier and Joel to hang with Noah. Get Bosh and Haslem to hang with Boozer/Gibson. Get LBJ to commit to Deng. Get Wade to commit to Korver/Brewer/whoever. And make Derrick Rose score 60 to beat you...

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
Haslem still isn't healthy enough obviously.

AddiX
05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
lol all he said was he'll guard him if he has to and that he's up for the task. is everything lebron does a ego stroke some people i swear.

Yes, everything he does screams "hey look at me." he dwarfs even Donald trump in ego stroking ability.

Hustlenomics
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Rose is dropping 30 then :laugh2:

ramz.n
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
"play more pg"??..maybe thats why they lost, maybe he should just play his position and provide help defense and rebound instead of trying to match athleticism with athleticism..all 3 guys(bosh,wade, bron) need the ball to be effective..this isn't going to work if they want a championship.

Gibby23
05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
I agree.

Get Dampier and Joel to hang with Noah. Get Bosh and Haslem to hang with Boozer/Gibson. Get LBJ to commit to Deng. Get Wade to commit to Korver/Brewer/whoever. And make Derrick Rose score 60 to beat you...

Is that all it's going to take? Sounds easy enough.

JordansBulls
05-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Lebron must have forgotten what happened down the stretch last year when he guarded Rose in the playoffs.

JNA17
05-17-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey you never know until you try it right? Lets see if this works out. Can't get any worse I think from game 1

Yanks All Day
05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Lebron must have forgotten what happened down the stretch last year when he guarded Rose in the playoffs.

LeBron's team won? :shrug:

And I mean, how much worse can it get than Game 1? And if it works and they win the game, then all of a sudden Miami stole a game on the road and they have a new defensive strategy. Worst case scenario, they change it up if it doesn't work, but Bron is a great defender. His length and athleticism can at least bother Rose, and if Bosh can keep up that 30 point performance again, Wade get going, and LeBron contain Rose, there's a good chance Miami steals a game. Big ifs, but its completely possible.

miller74
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM

They threw him out there in the 2nd half, i still think its a good idea, but help is needed for sure.

72 Wins
05-17-2011, 01:46 PM
If Rose continues to hit all his jumpers as he did in game 1, then it doesn't matter who guards him. If LBJ means less double-teaming on Rose, I expect Rose to to take LBJ off the dribble and exploit a 1:1 matchup.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Did Miami look at the film from game 1 and really think guarding Rose was their issue?

I guess that's my question, how was this even brought up. Rose had 28, but it was a rather quiet 28 and most of it came on jumpers, not from him driving. In fact most of the Bulls points came from well-executed play and good rebounding, not from the usual Rose drive and kick.

daleja424
05-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Did Miami look at the film from game 1 and really think guarding Rose was their issue?

I guess that's my question, how was this even brought up. Rose had 28, but it was a rather quiet 28 and most of it came on jumpers, not from him driving. In fact most of the Bulls points came from well-executed play and good rebounding, not from the usual Rose drive and kick.

maybe...it was trapping and double teaming him that created some mismatches and prevented Miami from boxing out...

Rose does draw a lot of attention. Maybe the plan is that if they can play him one on one then the bigs can stay home on the rebounds :shrug:

Have to something different though... and Spo usually just stumbles on to things by accident. he is a trial and error coach...

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 02:23 PM
maybe...it was trapping and double teaming him that created some mismatches and prevented Miami from boxing out...

Rose does draw a lot of attention. Maybe the plan is that if they can play him one on one then the bigs can stay home on the rebounds :shrug:

Have to something different though... and Spo usually just stumbles on to things by accident. he is a trial and error coach...
But putting Lebron on Rose takes away a guy who, frankly, is one of their better rebounders. That would seem to take away from an advantage of getting a James Jones or Mike Miller in there

3RDASYSTEM
05-17-2011, 02:31 PM
While i dont think Westbrook has Roses cat quickness(has the speed/xplosiveness),Kobe was able to contain him to a degree in last yrs 1st rd matchup and Kobe was 14yrs in,Lebron can play decent D on him cuz of the recover factor/size but it'll be more how like AI did MJ,where as MJ almost blocked his shot but he created just enough space to get it off and thats what i see in Rose doing pretty much at will,its just like how a 'BIG' take a smaller player to post and kill'em,well its the same for a small dynamic player being guarded by a taller bigger player,dont be surprise if somebody falls

MJ-BULLS
05-17-2011, 02:33 PM

This.

I think it will be a tough matchup for Rose, but our help defense has been so good in the series that we will be able to cover up lanes very quickly. In the other side, its going to take a toll on lebron too, Him guarding Rose is not going to be that easy of a task either. Fatigue will settle in.

With all of this, who is going to guard Deng. Deng is feeling like a mighty happy person.

Hawkeye15
05-17-2011, 02:34 PM
this could work one of three ways.

1- LeBron gets too tired chasing around Rose, and has tired legs in the 4th
2- LeBron shuts down Rose with his length, and ability to keep a little distance from Rose and still close on him
3- LeBron is moved off of him after 2 quick fouls

I mean, its worth a try, since Bibby and Chalmers will struggle, and that may have been part of Wade's problem. I think a strategy of using Bibby/Chalmers/Wade/LeBron is a better idea.

Oh, and maybe make some shots Heat

AddiX
05-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Maybe bron should start being the magic Johnson everyone said he was and stop that stupid isolation play he's been running his whole career.

260 lbs with court vision speed and explosion, and he wants the damn ball 5 feet from the 3 line. He ain't going to beat the bulls with that nonsense.

AddiX
05-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Maybe bron should start being the magic Johnson everyone said he was and stop that stupid isolation play he's been running his whole career.

260 lbs with court vision speed and explosion, and he wants the damn ball 5 feet from the 3 line. He ain't going to beat the bulls with that nonsense.

TO to the CHI
05-17-2011, 02:58 PM

Artest and Battier don't guard quick point guards. On the other hand, Lebron is much more athletic and is also faster than either of them. I think Lebron will be able to slow down Rose on the defensive end, but I think that there are a lot of problems with the approach. First, it will tire him out which will hurt his offensive game. Wade can pick up the slack there, but there are also issues in that it could create other mismatches with Deng and because Lebron will likely pick up more fouls quickly, which could create problems.

I respect Lebron's willingness and think it will be interesting to see this matchup if it takes place.

justinnum1
05-17-2011, 03:01 PM
this could work one of three ways.

1- LeBron gets too tired chasing around Rose, and has tired legs in the 4th
2- LeBron shuts down Rose with his length, and ability to keep a little distance from Rose and still close on him
3- LeBron is moved off of him after 2 quick fouls

I mean, its worth a try, since Bibby and Chalmers will struggle, and that may have been part of Wade's problem. I think a strategy of using Bibby/Chalmers/Wade/LeBron is a better idea.

Oh, and maybe make some shots Heat

The thing is, bibby and chalmers were ok, they did their job. if rose is going to hit jump shots thats fine. But you cant be giving up 30 second chance points. I think miami plays a similar game plan and instead of all the offensieive rebounds, this game will be much closer.

pd1dish
05-17-2011, 03:32 PM

no, we wouldnt. thats a horrible idea. Rose guarding Wade would tire Rose on defense and probably get him in foul trouble. we have Bogans and Brewer for a reason...

smiddy012
05-17-2011, 03:33 PM
I hope Lebron thinks he can guard Rose 1on1 because he hasn't been able to contain rose 1on1 since at least last years playoffs. Since then Rose hasn't had trouble beatin Lebron 1 on 1, or any single player for that matter.

People think Rose doesn't make the Bulls defense better don't understand how much effort it takes to try to defend Rose. Just look at how our defense does with Rose in game vs without.

No, Rose has absolutely nothing to do with our championship caliber defense:p

Jewelz0376
05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Instead of worrying about Rose maybe Lebron should just focus on winning his matchup with Deng...

Lebron keeping Deng in check and focusing even more than normal on the boards I think would help the Heat more than him checking Rose...

RIPSweetness34
05-17-2011, 04:02 PM

I see this as nothing but good news. D Rose tires out Lebron while the Bulls get every single offensive rebound. Great strategy Spo, take your best rebounder away while u are already getting man handled on the glass. So happy we have a coach that knows what he is doing. This also makes Dengs job easier.

RIPSweetness34
05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
no, we wouldnt. thats a horrible idea. Rose guarding Wade would tire Rose on defense and probably get him in foul trouble. we have Bogans and Brewer for a reason...

Agreed, Bogans and Brewer are doin just fine defensively...

SteveNash
05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
1. If Paul George can shut Rose down, I'm sure LeBron isn't too slow to shut him down.

2. LeBron's better defending Rose off the ball anyway, getting steals on all his bad passes.

3. Spoelstra needs to worry more about rebounding.

SDBearsFan
05-17-2011, 04:23 PM

Wow, as a Bulls fan I've got to say, very well said, sir. Couldn't agree with you more. Rose didn't even get to the bucket that much. If Lebron had to cover Rose for extended periods of time, I don't think he'd be nearly as effective on the offensive end of the court.

Kyben36
05-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I dont know why chalmers didnt play him more, he used to be a pretty solid defender on rose.

Gibby23
05-17-2011, 04:30 PM
I dont know why chalmers didnt play him more, he used to be a pretty solid defender on rose.

Rose got better and Chalmers is still Chalmers, he is worse than his rookie year.

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2011, 04:31 PM
O GAWD!!!! Didnt he do this last year after Rondo lit up the Cavs? And what happened? They got torched and lost the series.

Stick to guard Deng James, and focus on getting MORE than 15 points with him guarding you, and dont worry about what your PGs are doing, that's the coaches job.

This is what sank the Cavs. They let James coach the team. I remember when he got all gung ho about stuff like that, and brought it up in the press conference, then the "coach" puts James on the guy the next night and there ends up being a mis-match at another position where they get KILLED!

Pass. Not even Heat fans should be rooting for this idea.

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Hey, LBJ, check this out:

Rebounds: Bulls: 45, Heat:33.... ouch!
Turnovers: Bulls: 9, Heat: 16... ouch!
Assists: Bulls: 23, Heat: 11... Hmmm....
Steals: Bulls: 11, Heat: 7... interesting.

Not here's the other thing:
FG%: Bulls 43, Heat, 47
FT%: Bulls 85, Heat 100

the Heat were hittings, and holding their opponents to a lower FG%. Bulls did kill them on threes, but why did the Heat lose? Was it because nobody was gaurding Rose? No, Rose earned his points.

The Heat werent moving the ball, they werent rebounding, and they were turning the ball over.

LBJ's Ego announces he's going to go 1-on-1 with the guy who took his MVP trophy, stayed with his home team that drafted him, and got a better regular season record with no current all-stars on his team, and that paints Spo into a corner, because now Spo has to let James do it, and admit he isnt the coach, or not let James do it and give a psychological advantage to the Bulls because it will look like James backed out of guarding him.

The Bulls need to: pass, rebound, and protect the ball and guard the 3pt line. Those are the things that lost the game for them. gusy like Durant, Rose, Wade, and James, they are going to get their 25+, make them earn it and focus on the things that will win you the game.

James coming out with this just tells me he's worried and not thinking straight.

chisox..YES!
05-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I actually think Lebron could contain Rose pretty well, at least compared to some other players defensively. The one thing the Bulls have thrown at the Heat though, when Lebron is on Rose, is that they'll put Korver in the game and have him play pick-and-pop with Rose. Korver sets the pick and then rolls to the 3-point line. This either leads to Rose having a step on either defender towards the lane, or an open three for Korver. If Korver is hitting that three, which he should, the Heat will be forced to chnage up the match up in some way.

Master Mind
05-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Bibby actually did a decent job guarding Rose :hide:

chisox..YES!
05-17-2011, 05:14 PM
And am I missing something? Did no one else see Rose guarding Wade for about a quarters worth of action? Thibs likes to do this when Korver is on the floor, so Korver can guard the point guard. The same thing happened in the Hawks series. We put Rose on Crawford and had Korver guard Teague.

BALLER R
05-17-2011, 05:14 PM
they need lebron to rebound thats what he should be focused on. I still think people over rate lebron defense because he isn't a lockdown defender like most people claim. but thats a story for another day

JordansBulls
05-17-2011, 05:22 PM
1. If Paul George can shut Rose down, I'm sure LeBron isn't too slow to shut him down.

:laugh:

come on man, you don't even believe that.

mttwlsn16
05-17-2011, 05:30 PM
shut him down bron!!!!!!!!

SteveNash
05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
:laugh:

come on man, you don't even believe that.

I know Rose has set low standards, but you think shooting 37% is good?

JasonJohnHorn
05-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Bibby actually did a decent job guarding Rose :hide:

No need to hide under a chair bro. You are spot on. Was Bibby amazing? No, but he did his job, which was to make Rose take shots he wouldnt normally take, or take them when he normally wouldnt take them. Getting shots off in uncomfortable spots or odd spots. But the bottom line is: Rose is the MVFP! He is the best player on the planet right now! So the fact that he shot under .500 (10/22), is a GOOD job. Biby is not a god, Rose is. Rose took two more shots than his season average, and hit hit two more shots than his season average. This is what Rose is AVERAGING in the playoffs, so its not like Bibby let him get all buck-wild like Rose was doing in the two series leading into this one.

LBJ is thinking with his ego, not with his head. He wants to take the big match-up so he can be the hero.

The Heat need to rebound, protect the ball, guard the three point line and make the extra pass. That is what killed them in the last game.

championships
05-17-2011, 05:33 PM
By doing this you will have to have Wade and Bosh step up offensively because Bron will be using up his energy on the D side of the ball. Wade I wouldn't worry about at all, He will get his. It's Bosh that is a Scary thought to rely on.

Bosh is a hit or miss. He could show up, or not. You never seem to know with him.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 05:34 PM

2. LeBron's better defending Rose off the ball anyway, getting steals on all his bad passes.

3. Spoelstra needs to worry more about rebounding.
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I believed after the one decent game (which, before that game it was ignored that he couldn't stop Rose at all), George really didn't shut down Rose.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I know Rose has set low standards, but you think shooting 37% is good?
Because George guarded him the entire series?

Hell, Rose was shooting pretty decent until he sprained his ankle. Had two great games, one bad game and was 3/6 in game 4 when he sprained his ankle.

SteveNash
05-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Because George guarded him the entire series?

Hell, Rose was shooting pretty decent until he sprained his ankle. Had two great games, one bad game and was 3/6 in game 4 when he sprained his ankle.

Rose was guarded primarily by George, along with Dahntay Jones, and a bit of Brandon Rush. My point was that that they went with taller slower guys, so anyone saying LeBron couldn't keep up is wrong. And I think Rose was fine when he went 4 of 18.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 05:57 PM
Rose was guarded primarily by George, along with Dahntay Jones, and a bit of Brandon Rush. My point was that that they went with taller slower guys, so anyone saying LeBron couldn't keep up is wrong. And I think Rose was fine when he went 4 of 18.
And those taller, slower guys got smoked in games 1 and 2, Rose had a bad game 3 (although he blew by the taller, slower Jones for the game-winning layup) and rolled his ankle early in game 4 after being 3-6 to start the game.

Sure, if Rose sprains his ankle again, it'd be a great option, but now that he appears 100% back in terms of speed, mobility and ability to cut, Miami would be wise to look at those first two games vs Indy.

Durant is hype
05-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Eh,if LBJ guards Rose then Wade will guard Deng. SMH on you people who say Bibby or Chalmers will guard Deng!

Chi StateOfMind
05-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Good Luck LeBron. All I gotta say.

Ezio
05-17-2011, 06:22 PM
People thinking that Bibby actually forced Rose to shoot jumpers :pity: Rose attacks the paint = clogged up paint = less rebounds.

HesterTrain
05-17-2011, 06:23 PM

Orrrr because you dis-like Rose all together and don't give him credit for anything he's accomplished. In every thread about Rose you're always there being his biggest critic.

KingPosey
05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
what I am reading that line as is "I want the ball in my hands every play".....

buch88
05-17-2011, 06:25 PM
rose is gonna have his hands full with lebron tonight.

buch88
05-17-2011, 06:27 PM
what I am reading that line as is "I want the ball in my hands every play".....

you're one of the few reading that then. maybe its just cuz u dont like lebron so your mind is making you believe that. but if lebrons thinking that, i dont blame him. lebron would probably score 7 times out of 10 if rose was guarding him. and lebron can get 10+ assists a game so if i were lebron and i could score 30 pts while dishing out 12 assists, of course i would want the ball in my hands more. youre taking it as him being selfish. well, lebron is gonna have to have the ball more for them to win.

daricoliver
05-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Rose is not guarding Lebron, it is the other way around. Rose will guard Chalmers, Bibby, maybe even Wade, but not Lebron. Lebron will have to use a lot of energy if this plays out. Lebron might make it difficult and block a shot or two of his, but Rose will get his and probably have 10-12 assists to boot. People are critical of Rose and his passing, but he will pass the ball if there are open players. See the closeout game in Atlanta when he had 13 assists.

DR_1
05-17-2011, 07:15 PM
LeBron can TRY to guard D-Rose. Still won't work for the Heat though.

Supreme LA
05-17-2011, 07:17 PM
It won't matter. Chicago can lock up Wade and Lebron. They're just too good defensively and Miami's offense is flawed.

JB0B0
05-17-2011, 07:27 PM
LeBron can't guard Rose. Also, who guards Deng if LeBron guards Rose? They'd shoot themselves in the foot

k.smith904
05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
This will backfire for the Heat if they actually do this.

It will kill their rotations.

12evolution 9
05-17-2011, 08:12 PM

yea .. also more of mike miller to if Bron is going to be Point-Foward.

12evolution 9
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM
LeBron can't guard Rose. Also, who guards Deng if LeBron guards Rose? They'd shoot themselves in the foot

Dwyane will guard Deng... and James Jones can guard deng... he is a pretty decent defender, or else Spo wouldnt play him as much cause miller can play good defense too but not his thumbs are glass and his shot is dispersing.

12evolution 9
05-17-2011, 08:25 PM
It won't matter. Chicago can lock up Wade and Lebron. They're just too good defensively and Miami's offense is flawed.

I'll tell you what's flawed ....... Lakers pff.

We didn't run as many pick and rolls, flare screens ect to get the ball moving around like we usually do. Maybe the Chicago defense threw us off, Maybe Lebron and Wade decided to just play ISOLATION basketball more than they have in this whole Entire playoffs.

Miami's Offense will be different for game two, im hoping one of our shooters have a big game tomorrow. Either Rio, Jones, or Miller if he gets more playtime. We gotta try to run some screens for Miller if he is in to get him in rhythm, but then again those frekn thumbs of his.

Hiphopopotamus
05-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Bad idea. It pulls LBJ away from basket for rebounding and will wear him down as the Bulls run him through screen after screen. This just seems dumb. All in all the Heat didn't do that poorly against Rose, he mostly shot jumpers. You have to live with that. The Heat should worry about ball movement on O and rebounding.

beasted86
05-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Why do people think he'd be defending Rose with Bibby or Chalmers in the game?

I expect... err.. mean, I hope that we see more bigger lineups of:

PG: Wade
SG: Jones/Miller
SF: James

BigAl25
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM

haha u sure about that, i smell fear.

SteveNash
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM
And those taller, slower guys got smoked in games 1 and 2, Rose had a bad game 3 (although he blew by the taller, slower Jones for the game-winning layup) and rolled his ankle early in game 4 after being 3-6 to start the game.

Sure, if Rose sprains his ankle again, it'd be a great option, but now that he appears 100% back in terms of speed, mobility and ability to cut, Miami would be wise to look at those first two games vs Indy.

He shot 37.9% the first 3 games...

Orrrr because you dis-like Rose all together and don't give him credit for anything he's accomplished. In every thread about Rose you're always there being his biggest critic.

You're right, I'm the anti-Rose fan. I actually give credit where it's due, Chicago's defense. Not Rose.

rose is gonna have his hands full with lebron tonight.

He's going to score under 10 points definitely.

DaBear
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't see how this would work. That means Deng would be on Chalmers/Bibby, and obviously Deng is favored in that matchup. Plus that hurts Miami's rebounding chances which are already a problem. Sounds like a desperate move.

redwhitenblue
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
He shot 37.9% the first 3 games...

You're right, I'm the anti-Rose fan. I actually give credit where it's due, Chicago's defense. Not Rose.

He's going to score under 10 points definitely.
He shot 44% the first two games while averaging 37.5 pts.

Add game 3 and it's the big drop. And game 4 looked like a rebound game until the injury.

Keep hating. You make yourself look like an idiot with posts like "He's going to score under 10 points definitely"

Cubby
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
RWB, their opinion can't be changed, so there is no point in trying to change it.

akagiredsuns
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
LBJ one-on-one vs. Rose is downright laughable. Teams who double up on Rose have been unable to stop him. What makes Queen James think he can do it by himself? This guy's a joke. It's bad enough he flew back to Miami on the day of Game 1 to relax because the weather in Chicago was "too cold", then flies back here, gets shut down and his excuse is he didn't get any sleep the night before cus he was too excited about Game 1. Now he thinks he can guard Rose? :laugh2: Gimme a break. 'Bron, quit acting like you're the god of the NBA. Until you get that ring and the monkey off your back, you're just an overrated overhyped chump. Better hope Rose doesn't bust your kneecaps on his way to the lane. But hey, knock yourself out. You'll be too worn out and useless on the offensive end and Deng will eat you alive. What a clown. :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
05-17-2011, 09:20 PM

Add game 3 and it's the big drop. And game 4 looked like a rebound game until the injury.

Keep hating. You make yourself look like an idiot with posts like "He's going to score under 10 points definitely"

redwhitenblue don't even waste your time on Steve Nash. The guy is always going around trolling in other forums waiting to say something stupid & ignorant to provoke someone. He's nearly wrong all the time about things & makes himself look bad. Replying him would be a waste of time & typing. He's got more infractions on PSD than Kim Kardashian has had men. :D

smiddy012
05-17-2011, 09:54 PM
Some heat fans say wait for the post-season, then it comes and its even worse than in the regular for you guys. You guys played much better vs us during the regular season, thats for sure. Tomorrow might be a closer game, but the difference in this series is going to be defense, not offense.

Cubby
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
I still think that if we win tomorrow, we win the series. Hopefully I'm right.

VinceGully
05-17-2011, 10:29 PM
They did throw Wade (on Rose). He got destroyed endurance wise having to chase Rose and then defended by Brewer and Bogans. Lebron defending Rose is an interesting strategy. It will only kill them more in the rebounding aspect though and Lebron will be too gassed to do much offensively imo.

this.

footballer2369
05-17-2011, 11:18 PM
and that looks awful. Bosh is too weak to play a beast like Noah, and keep him off the glass.

Booz is too quick for Anthony, although it's prob one of their better matchups on the floor.

Laughable.

Wade is too small for Deng. Chalmers on Boguns is their best matchup, and LeBron on Rose isn't good either.

Rose is too agile, there's no way that all that extra weight LeBron's got will be able to move with Rose.

He doesn't have to be as quick... He is taller, longer and stronger. With his athleticism and size he can prevent penetration and still close out ok on jumpers.

This is just LeBron pulling a Kobe by saying he can guard anyone. LeBron needs to realize at his size, he's NOT Kobe. He CAN'T guard 4 positions on the floor, and that he just needs to play his position as best he can, and hope it's enough to outperform Rose and half the Bulls' roster.

Lebron is a much more versatile defender than Kobe. He has successfully guarded 1-5 at times (5= Camby, Bargnani)

footballer2369
05-17-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't see how this would work. That means Deng would be on Chalmers/Bibby, and obviously Deng is favored in that matchup. Plus that hurts Miami's rebounding chances which are already a problem. Sounds like a desperate move.

Lebron on Rose does not mean Chalmers would have to play Deng.

Wade would play Deng in this instance.

nickdymez
05-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Whatever Kobe does, Lebron wants to do... Like whatever jordan does, Kobe wants to do...

Durant is hype
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Whatever Kobe does, Lebron wants to do... Like whatever jordan does, Kobe wants to do...

Kobe guarded Rose?

Raph12
05-18-2011, 12:20 AM
He can't guard Rose, if anything Wade needs to guard him 100% of the time and leave the offensive end upto Bron and Bosh IMO.

nickdymez
05-18-2011, 12:32 AM
Kobe guarded Rose?

Naw but he knew fisher could'nt guard westbrook or rondo, so he did it... lol...

TheRunKiller
05-18-2011, 12:38 AM
LBJ one-on-one vs. Rose is downright laughable. Teams who double up on Rose have been unable to stop him. What makes Queen James think he can do it by himself? This guy's a joke. It's bad enough he flew back to Miami on the day of Game 1 to relax because the weather in Chicago was "too cold", then flies back here, gets shut down and his excuse is he didn't get any sleep the night before cus he was too excited about Game 1. Now he thinks he can guard Rose? :laugh2: Gimme a break. 'Bron, quit acting like you're the god of the NBA. Until you get that ring and the monkey off your back, you're just an overrated overhyped chump. Better hope Rose doesn't bust your kneecaps on his way to the lane. But hey, knock yourself out. You'll be too worn out and useless on the offensive end and Deng will eat you alive. What a clown. :facepalm:

this

k.smith904
05-18-2011, 12:48 AM

pretty much sums it up

D Roses Bulls
05-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Do it Lebron...... Do it!!!!!

DodgerBulls
05-18-2011, 02:41 AM
I actually would like to see it tomorrow. Wade did guard Rose in game 1 and vice versa. I think if Lebron does guard Rose through out, Wade has to do a lot guarding the passing lane and on top of that, cover 2 positions.

Underdogz∞
05-18-2011, 02:52 AM
Why not a lineup of: Wade, James Jones, Lebron, Bosh and Anthony?

Thats the best 5

Underdogz∞
05-18-2011, 02:55 AM
do it lebron...... Do it!!!!!

lol

Underdogz∞
05-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Everyone is missing the point you can't stop DRose but Lebron is saying as the Heat's best defender he is willing to guard DRose in hopes of decreasing some of his talent Thats all. No one in the league can guard DRose we all know that now. HOWEVER IF James does keep DRose scoring to low 20's and low assists single digits thats a SUCCESS!

RIPSweetness34
05-18-2011, 03:30 AM

Bingo! He is there every time, he's like Chronz. Im surprised he hasn't shown up in any of these.

Greet
05-18-2011, 10:52 AM

Lebron won't be too gassed, he's the most athletic guy in the NBA.

Wade on Deng/Jones probably.

RIPSweetness34
05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Lebron won't be too gassed, he's the most athletic guy in the NBA.

Wade on Deng/Jones probably.

Most Athletic? Or most physically gifted? Because when it comes to speed and quickness D Rose would run circles around him, he does it to everyone.

KingPosey
05-18-2011, 12:22 PM
you're one of the few reading that then. maybe its just cuz u dont like lebron so your mind is making you believe that. but if lebrons thinking that, i dont blame him. lebron would probably score 7 times out of 10 if rose was guarding him. and lebron can get 10+ assists a game so if i were lebron and i could score 30 pts while dishing out 12 assists, of course i would want the ball in my hands more. youre taking it as him being selfish. well, lebron is gonna have to have the ball more for them to win.

Just because Lebron guards him, does not mean Rose is obligated to guard Lebron, so i dont get what you mean.

And I dislike LBJ I dont hate him. I just know he is dying to revert to his usual playoff LBJ ball dominating tactics.

KingPosey
05-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Most Athletic? Or most physically gifted? Because when it comes to speed and quickness D Rose would run circles around him, he does it to everyone.

LBJ is the most athletic, and physically gifted. It kinda goes hand in hand. Yes, Rose is quicker.

KingPosey
05-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Laughable.

He doesn't have to be as quick... He is taller, longer and stronger. With his athleticism and size he can prevent penetration and still close out ok on jumpers.

Lebron is a much more versatile defender than Kobe. He has successfully guarded 1-5 at times (5= Camby, Bargnani)

I disagree. LBJ can guard bigs, but KB can guard noth guard positions much better. Not to mention LBJ's defense is not near as good as he gets credit for, and KB is a better defender in general.

jockrider
05-18-2011, 12:48 PM

/rant

jockrider
05-18-2011, 12:50 PM

trying to keep the lakers relevant?

ChitownSports16
05-18-2011, 01:03 PM

haha that was good.

smith&wesson
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
chicago fans make it really hard to like rose.

whats wrong with you ppl ? why do you TRY to prove with your words somthing the guys has ALREADY proven with his play on the court. you guys are making rose the most disliked player in the nba on psd and none of it is of his own doing. just you crazy crazy fans. do we need to be reminded how bad you wanna bend over for him every time a thread is made in the nba forum :confused:

jockrider
05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
chicago fans make it really hard to like rose.

whats wrong with you ppl ? why do you TRY to prove with your words somthing the guys has ALREADY proven with his play on the court. you guys are making rose the most disliked player in the nba on psd and none of it is of his own doing. just you crazy crazy fans. do we need to be reminded how bad you wanna bend over for him every time a thread is made in the nba forum :confused:

I'm assuming they like the attention for their team, if it means overrating him they'll do it.

Chronz
05-18-2011, 01:26 PM

LMFAO in other words, your argument is that hes a hater. A tactic employed by only the most insecure of posters.

smith&wesson
05-18-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm assuming they like the attention for their team, if it means overrating him they'll do it.

Its gettin really stale now. the way they go on ..

and the messed up part about it is he himself is a very humble guy. hard not to like him. but on psd chi town fans make it really really hard to like him.

nickdymez
05-18-2011, 01:31 PM
trying to keep the lakers relevant?

Hey buddy... The lakers will always be relevant..

koreancabbage
05-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Its gettin really stale now. the way they go on ..

and the messed up part about it is he himself is a very humble guy. hard not to like him. but on psd chi town fans make it really really hard to like him.

well considering he doesn't talk much about himself

Bulls fans feel like they need to speak up for him. as if he doesn't know he's one of the best players in the game right now. he's got an MVP, come on. he doesn't need you to speak for him endlessly in the PSD forums :rolleyes:

SteveNash
05-18-2011, 03:40 PM

Keep making excuses. BTW Rose was held under 10 points.

redwhitenblue don't even waste your time on Steve Nash. The guy is always going around trolling in other forums waiting to say something stupid & ignorant to provoke someone. He's nearly wrong all the time about things & makes himself look bad. Replying him would be a waste of time & typing. He's got more infractions on PSD than Kim Kardashian has had men. :D

I've received 3 infractions. One of which administration agreed was poor moderation by JordanBulls. Another one was because I was "offtopic" trying to prove AI4MVP's opinion was invalid because he put Monta Ellis in his top ten. And the other for asking not calling Ralph12 if he was stupid or not because he couldn't keep up with the conversation.

I am the truth bringer. What makes me the "hater" of Rose. I don't go around making negative threads about Rose all the time. I don't wait for every bad game Rose has to jump in and start criticizing him. Wouldn't a true hater be gleeful of Rose's 4 of 18 game? His 6 of 22 game? Why did I wait a month to bring it up in a thread where people were acting as if it was impossible for LeBron to defend Rose if I was such a hater?

I am only viewed as a hater, because I bring the truth that the Rose lovers can't comprehend. Next year, if John Wall has all the hype of Rose while having the same weak game, I'll be viewed as a John Wall hater. I like Wall this year, but I can't overrate the next hyped player like everyone else does.

MelkyNYY
05-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Soo...Lebron can't shut down Rose :(

MelkyNYY
05-27-2011, 06:22 PM

That's not good for Miami. Lebron on rose isn't good because he still is gonna get his & he will wear Lebron out which will make Lebron less effective on offense. Also, who will guard Deng? Chalmers & Bibby will be a mismatch. Regardless what Lebron or anyone says he can't guard Rose for a full game it just doesn't add up or make sense

didnt work on rondo last year, wont work this year on rose

Rose will still blow by him if it's one on one. Lebron will still need the help defense to stop him leaving other people wide open. I seriously don't mind it at all because if it means lebron not attaking the rim for rebounds, that's a plus for us.

no one can stop rose

There is no freaking way LeBron can stay with Rose.

lol, Rose will blow past LBJ lol

No [Lebron] cant [shut down Rose]/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Hustlenomics;17925880]Rose is dropping 30 then :laugh2: (if Lebron guards Rose)

Derrick Rose is too fast for LeBron and James Jones/Mike Miller will be torched by Luol Deng if LBJ is on Rose.

If Rose continues to hit all his jumpers as he did in game 1, then it doesn't matter who guards him. If LBJ means less double-teaming on Rose, I expect Rose to to take LBJ off the dribble and exploit a 1:1 matchup.

I hope Lebron thinks he can guard Rose 1on1 because he hasn't been able to contain rose 1on1 since at least last years playoffs. Since then Rose hasn't had trouble beatin Lebron 1 on 1, or any single player for that matter.

People think Rose doesn't make the Bulls defense better don't understand how much effort it takes to try to defend Rose. Just look at how our defense does with Rose in game vs without.

No, Rose has absolutely nothing to do with our championship caliber defense:p

Instead of worrying about Rose maybe Lebron should just focus on winning his matchup with Deng...

Lebron keeping Deng in check and focusing even more than normal on the boards I think would help the Heat more than him checking Rose...

I see this as nothing but good news. D Rose tires out Lebron while the Bulls get every single offensive rebound. Great strategy Spo, take your best rebounder away while u are already getting man handled on the glass. So happy we have a coach that knows what he is doing. This also makes Dengs job easier.

LeBron can TRY to guard D-Rose. Still won't work for the Heat though.

justinnum1
05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
^:burn:
:burn:

MelkyNYY
05-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I feel it's fair to call people out for talking out of their ***** when they're proven wrong. People walk around making bold statements and predictions, which is all fine and good, but they should be held accountable for their stupidity.

Khri
05-27-2011, 06:39 PM
I feel it's fair to call people out for talking out of their ***** when they're proven wrong. People walk around making bold statements and predictions, which is all fine and good, but they should be held accountable for their stupidity.

:clap:

Minimal
05-27-2011, 07:22 PM
Too bad LeBron got weared out guarding Rose this series :(

RulerSlick
05-27-2011, 07:25 PM

epic fail

: Lebron guarded Rondo in the 1st half of game 4 Celtcs/Cavs last season and shut him down. What happened thouhg was that Paul Pierce was abusing Tony Parker so they had to lebron back on him in the 3rd qtr/2nd half and then Rondo started killing again. get you facts right mayne:facepalm:

ManRam
05-27-2011, 07:33 PM
OK. We got it. No reason to spark up old news.