PDA

View Full Version : The King, The Decision, The Parade, The Celebration

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Why does Lebron James and the Heat keep putting a huge target on their back?

It started from the get go for Lebron James. Yet to prove anything other than he is a freakish talent, with all the skills a young man could ask for, Lebron James crowned himself "The King". Strike one Lebron. You see MJ and Kobe running around calling themselves the KING. Didn't think so?

Than it was the Decision. Lebron James holds a press conference on national prime time TV, only to rip the heart out of some of the most loyal fans in the nation. He went from home town hero, to national super villain over night.

But slapping Ohio in the face wasn't enough, so Lebron, Wade, and Bosh decided they would throw a Preseason party, celebrating their indefinite championships to come. This little celebration helped add some fuel to the burning fire that Lebron keeps building on. Now not only did Ohio fans and the Cleveland organization hate Lebron and everything he stood for, but so did virtually every other organization in the league. And instead of coming out and being humble about their new beginning, and saying we haven't proven anything yet, they bought into the hype and embraced their role as a super villain.

Now they get to the playoffs as only the 2 seed, and it seemed like the pressure was finally off there backs. Finally all eyes were on Chicago and their MVP, Coach of the Year, Number 1 Seed, and Executive of the Year. Chicago could have bought into all that, but instead they countered all there hype, with humble responses. The Bulls never got complacent. They never got satisfied. They are just staying the course. Staying focused. They are going out there and letting their play do the talking.

So with the pressure fading from the Heat, what do they do? They throw a celebration after defeating the Celtics in the SEMI-FINALS. Not the Conference Finals, and not the NBA Finals, but the SEMI-FINALS. They acted like the whole season was built upon defeating the Celtics who knocked them out last year. But wait a second. The Celtics didn't knock off the Heat. They didn't knock off Wade and Bosh. They knocked off a Cleveland team led by none other than Lebron James. So what is Lebron trying to say? That he is the team, and that he finally got past the ghost of the Celtics past? What did they really prove? They beat a team that was vastly fading, and aging. They beat a one armed point guard. Was beating the Celtics really Celebration worthy? Weren't the Heat the Number 2 seed and the Celtics the 3? Isn't that what was supposed to happen? Why was this worthy of celebrating?

Well guess what Miami? You just placed the huge target back on your backs, and guess who was waiting in the wings, ready to hit the BULLSeye? The one and only Chicago Bulls. The Best team in the league. The Best Coach in the league. The Best Defense in the league. The MVP of the league. That same team that swept you into submission in the regular season. That same team that made you cry like a bunch of baby's.

And where were the Heat left after game one? Flustered, Battered, Demoralized, Panicked. The KING was left biting his nails just like he did when he pulled that quit job on Cleveland last year. Wade was busy getting posterized by our backup PF. Wade was left wondering why he took zero 4th quarter shots. They were left with a lot of unanswered question marks, and the only definitive answer they had was, "We knew what they could do". But do they know how to stop it?

And where were the Chicago Bulls left after Game 1? Right back where they started. They had all the right things to say to the reporters. They didn't crown themselves as the champs of the East. Instead they dodged all the praise, with how they can improve. They stayed their course just as they've done all year long. Instead of people hating them for being great players and a great team, people love them for being humble. They are a coaches dream, and a Premadonna's nightmare. They are writing the script exactly how a Hero's tale goes.

In the end, the Villain always flashes around his powers recklessly wreaking havoc and beating everything in his path. But for everything super villain there is a super hero who will take that villains best punch, and through hard work, heart, and determination, the Hero always prevails.

Only time will tell which team will take on which role.

reemy
05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7xlzLOZH5c&feature=related

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
i thoroughly enjoyed reading that, and you made EXCELLENT points.

but i dont see this ending well...

D Roses Bulls
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
It's true though...... as soon as the pressure was off, they put it right back on themselves.

DCB/LAL
05-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Good read...good S**t

ChitownSports16
05-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Here comes Stebo!!!!!

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 03:59 PM

That's good stuff!!!

DaSox_05
05-16-2011, 04:01 PM

I totally agree with this!

Love the read, but I doubt this thread lasts 24 hours.

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 04:02 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BertL/Stuff/bflolz/ibtlfinal.gif

SteveNash
05-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Celtics beat Wade and the Heat last year, followed by James and the Cavs.

They've taken on an us against the world mentality, while the Bulls remain "humble" because they wish to be the underdogs and can't live with the pressure. The Chicago Bulls are scared of the Miami Heat and are doing their best to not wake the sleeping giant.

Sadds The Gr8
05-16-2011, 04:08 PM
:clap:

johnwayne
05-16-2011, 04:11 PM
If you wrote this by yourself, I say HOOAH! lol This was better quality than 75% of the yahoo sports articles I read. BRAVO

haggis
05-16-2011, 04:12 PM

They've taken on an us against the world mentality, while the Bulls remain "humble" because they wish to be the underdogs and can't live with the pressure. The Chicago Bulls are scared of the Miami Heat and are doing their best to not wake the sleeping giant.

ok. :rolleyes:

Sofnr
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM

The Bulls have a funny way of showing their fear. Do the Miami Heat really need to be woken up to compete in the conference finals?

Ripper Gein
this is great very good points, still waiting for the heat fans to start yelling HATER!!! though...

Pierzynski4Prez

:facepalm:

championships
05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
It was a nice read for me. Only heat fans will hate it. I agree with it all and have thought this all season long.

It will be very nice to see the Bulls eliminate them just because of the reasons that was stated in this thread.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Another thing being overlooked when it comes to the whole Celtics vs. the Heat, Cleveland, or whoever is, that Celtics team thrived on Tom Thib's defense. He's not their anymore. Yeah they had some carry over after being with Thib's for a few years, but they were not the same team they once were. A year older, the mastermind gone, Rondo's injury.

And please spare me that the Bulls are scared of the Heat. The Bulls know exactly what the Heat are going to throw at them, and we have the exact players needed to slow down Lebron and Wade, in Brewer and Deng. Not to mention, when they drove to the lane, that help D was sickening good yesterday, and it will continue to be. I'm just gonna keep watching this series, and enjoying the battle of Good vs. Evil, Heart vs. Skill, and hero vs. villain.

godolphins
The celebration before the season was for Heat fans not other fans

MFFL==FML
Basically what this post says is, the Bulls are class acts, the Heat aren't... This thread was made by a Bulls fan who is talking smack against the ''villains''... He is doing the exact OPPOSITE of what the Bulls players are doing against the Heat!! Does anyone else find this hypocritical?

Having said that, I genuinely hope the Bulls beat the Heat, but this thread is kind of silly.

championships

They didn't look scared last night while they were beating down the heat.

johnwayne
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM

As oppose to the Bulls, Who've taken on an us and the pistons against the world mentality? wtf are u talkin about? "EVERY" team has an us against the world mentality.

ChiSox219
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM

Do not feed this troll.

championships
05-16-2011, 04:18 PM

This maybe so but it backfired.

johnwayne

And what exactly were they celebrating? lmao

Gibby23

What was the celebration for?

MFFL==FML
05-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Another thing being overlooked when it comes to the whole Celtics vs. the Heat, Cleveland, or whoever is, that Celtics team thrived on Tom Thib's defense. He's not their anymore. Yeah they had some carry over after being with Thib's for a few years, but they were not the same team they once were. A year older, the mastermind gone, Rondo's injury.

And please spare me that the Bulls are scared of the Heat. The Bulls know exactly what the Heat are going to throw at them, and we have the exact players needed to slow down Lebron and Wade, in Brewer and Deng. Not to mention, when they drove to the lane, that help D was sickening good yesterday, and it will continue to be. I'm just gonna keep watching this series, and enjoying the battle of Good vs. Evil, Heart vs. Skill, and hero vs. villain.

A little redundant, no? May as well include, moral vs. immoral next time.

Underrated Wade
05-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Ii just realllllly hope miami wins the championship:clap:

SteveNash
05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
The Bulls have a funny way of showing their fear. Do the Miami Heat really need to be woken up to compete in the conference finals?

Yes, after beating the superior team in the Celtics. It's like the Lakers losing game 1 of the Finals to the Sixers.

mdm692
05-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I used to be the biggest bron fan but after seeing how he did his team and the city i hope he is the next barkely chasing rings and never gettin one cause he dont deserve it

Sadds The Gr8
05-16-2011, 04:27 PM

lol

godolphins
05-16-2011, 04:28 PM

Getting the top free agents and its not like this is the first time we did something like this, we also did something similar when we got Shaq. I remember he came out of a truck with a water gun and started spraying the crowd and he also say he would bring a championship to Miami.

faridk89
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
amazing post... like someone said previous only Heat fans will have something negative to say, I think all heat fans should just refrain from posting any response because there is NOTHING you can say when a man spits facts in a post like this :)

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:33 PM

My point was that it made every team in the league wanna beat the Heat that much more.

Gibby23
05-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Getting the top free agents and its not like this is the first time we did something like this, we also did something similar when we got Shaq. I remember he came out of a truck with a water gun and started spraying the crowd and he also say he would bring a championship to Miami.

Atleast he delivered and didn't say 7 or 8.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-16-2011, 04:36 PM
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BertL/Stuff/bflolz/ibtlfinal.gif

lmao

mikealike305
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
My point was that it made every team in the league wanna beat the Heat that much more.

celebration or no celebration, im pretty sure every other team would have wanted to beat a team like this just as bad

justinnum1
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM

We will find out wednesday night.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Basically what this post says is, the Bulls are class acts, the Heat aren't... This thread was made by a Bulls fan who is talking smack against the ''villains''... He is doing the exact OPPOSITE of what the Bulls players are doing against the Heat!! Does anyone else find this hypocritical?

Having said that, I genuinely hope the Bulls beat the Heat, but this thread is kind of silly.

I agree that what I say can be looked at as the opposite of what the Bulls are doing, but I'm just a fan, I'm not the Bulls. I'm stating the facts. As a player I wouldn't talk about being great, I would prove it. The Heat talked about before they did it. The Bulls still havn't proven anything either, except that they are keeping there focus like a determined team should.

I honestly did think what your saying while writing this though, but it's not talking up the Bulls, or bashing the Heat. It's bashing Lebron for putting this target on his teams back. And he really did do that. I feel most bad for Wade, because Pre Lebron he was a looked at as a humble leader just as Rose was, and now he's stuck in the Lebron Villain trap.

mikealike305
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM

we dont know if lebron is going to delever yet or not.

and shaq wasnt a 25 yr old just entering his prime coming to the heat with a top 5 PF in bosh. if this was the case i think shaq would have said 7 also

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
celebration or no celebration, im pretty sure every other team would have wanted to beat a team like this just as bad

True, but instead of build to the hate, why don't you come out humble and try to capture the heart of some fans again. They just keep digging a deeper and deeper grave, and for what?

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Lebron has made some bad pr decisions but I don't se anything wrong with what he did.(maybe how)
They held a "pep" rally and because he's the best in the league its magnified.

Ppl hate just to hate instead of appreciating a great player.
"king"james. I thought nike made that up or the people around him for a nickname.

Did he actually maike it? And so what.its a nickname.

I think ppl are so hypocritical sometimes. This is a huge bait thread.

I'm not a miami heat fan but dayum the hate is old.
If thebulls win I'm fine.same if miami wins but why make a thread starting ish?both fan based have dumb posters who just bait and flame each other.i hope whoever comes out the west beats the east so neither can win.

/rant

naps
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Another LeBron and HEAT bashing thread created by a bulls homer is still open. Surprising? Nah...

naps
05-16-2011, 04:44 PM

That celebration was for HEAT fans because the HEAT landed the clear-cut top three free agents in the FA class of 2011 who were badly wanted by every team on the market including arguably the greatest free agent of all time. Why not party after landing all three together discounted? We partied whatever the way we wanted. Why the **** on earth does that bother you? Just because they didn't choose your team?

And people here are acting like Bulls already won the series and ECF is over just after one game? woah!!

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
another lebron and heat bashing thread created by a bulls homer is still open. Surprising? Nah...

+1

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm not baiting anyone, nor do I care too. I'm writing my mind like a lot of posters do on here. You are right. I don't like Lebron. I absolutely hate what he stands for. He is not a team player. He is a me player. He wants the spotlight on him. Just the look on his face after the hit those 3's on Boston in game 5 made me sick to my stomach. Do a fist pump or celebrate with teammates, but that evil looking stare he gave made my stomach churn. He likes to be the villain, and it hurts him and his teammates.

championships
05-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Lebron has made some bad pr decisions but I don't se anything wrong with what he did.(maybe how)
They held a "pep" rally and because he's the best in the league its magnified.

Ppl hate just to hate instead of appreciating a great player.
"king"james. I thought nike made that up or the people around him for a nickname.

Did he actually maike it? And so what.its a nickname.

I think ppl are so hypocritical sometimes. This is a huge bait thread.

I'm not a miami heat fan but dayum the hate is old.
If thebulls win I'm fine.same if miami wins but why make a thread starting ish?both fan based have dumb posters who just bait and flame each other.i hope whoever comes out the west beats the east so neither can win.

/rant

Well he does have "Chosen one" tatted on his back.

naps
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM

So what? Are the HEAT scared of that? Please wait till the series is over. Don't be over excited just after one game. You wouldn't make this thread if the HEAT would win game 1. Remember, there are 6 more games left and if the HEAT win the series you would look like a dumb. I will bring thread alive if the Bulls lose.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
That celebration was for HEAT fans because the HEAT landed the clear-cut top three free agents in the FA class of 2011 who were badly wanted by every team on the market including arguably the greatest free agent of all time. Why not party after landing all three together discounted? We partied whatever the way we wanted. Why the **** on earth does that bother you? Just because they didn't choose your team?

And people here are acting like Bulls already won the series and ECF is over just after one game? woah!!

First off I did not want Lebron or Bosh. Fact. Yeah I wanted Wade, because Wade is a great team player and a proven winner. And he was a great fit at SG. Lebron's actions are detrimental to his teams.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:54 PM
So what? Are the HEAT scared of that? Please wait till the series is over. Don't be over excited just after one game. You wouldn't make this thread if the HEAT would win game 1. Remember, there are 6 more games left and if the HEAT win the series you would look like a dumb. I will bring thread alive if the Bulls lose.

And I'll deserve it, but I never said the Bulls are going to win. I sure hope they do though. If the Heat win, props to them, they figured us out, but they have a lot of work to do.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Although I did say that the Hero always beats the Villain. haha

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Well he does have "Chosen one" tatted on his back.

And you actually care what another man has on his back as a tattoo?

He was probably 18 when he got it so at 18 years old he gets a tatt and he affects how you judge him? Ok :rolleyes:

smiddy012
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM

Lebron said they would win 8+ champs at that celebration, no?

And on another note, stevenash (the poser/poster) is a pretty funny guy.

beasted86
05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
The Heat win, and you are mad.
The Heat lose, and you are mad.
The Heat didn't even play one game.... and guess what, you were mad.

This is going to be a long 6 years, buck-o.

PlezPlayDKnicks
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Nothing about Bosh is clear cut.... And I'm not mad at Lebron or the Heat. Well maybe the Heat as a Knicks fan from past battles. But the bandwagon fans in my case have made me dislike the Heat even more. I can vouch for a handful diehard Heat fans in PSD last year. Not nearly as vocal. Some would even say humble. They hit the jackpot and the fan base quadrupled . The forums filled with U Mad, etc etc made it ridiculous . This time last year Psd was filled with Clev fans. I guess most of them took their talents to South beach as well. Hard to find one that still reps outside of prodigy

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm not baiting anyone, nor do I care too. I'm writing my mind like a lot of posters do on here. You are right. I don't like Lebron. I absolutely hate what he stands for. He is not a team player. He is a me player. He wants the spotlight on him. Just the look on his face after the hit those 3's on Boston in game 5 made me sick to my stomach. Do a fist pump or celebrate with teammates, but that evil looking stare he gave made my stomach churn. He likes to be the villain, and it hurts him and his teammates.

I stopped reading after "he's not a team player" :facepalm:
This is called being a HATER. SMDH

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 04:58 PM
The Heat win, and you are mad.
The Heat lose, and you are mad.
The Heat didn't even play one game.... and guess what, you were mad.

This is going to be a long 6 years, buck-o.

Who's mad?

naps
First off I did not want Lebron or Bosh. Fact. Yeah I wanted Wade, because Wade is a great team player and a proven winner. And he was a great fit at SG. Lebron's actions are detrimental to his teams.

Ohhoo...you didn't want! Big deal!! Are you the bulls GM or President? Every single team's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices were LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in that order. Doesn't matter what you wanted. I remember when I just used to read PSD 90% Bulls fans had LeBron with Bulls uniform in their sigs till July 7th. And don't try to make your CLAIM a FACT. Fact = Proof.

championships

It's not just him. It's mostly everyone outside of Miami. When someone guarantees that they are going to beat everyone and It's going "To be easy" It's only natural for sports fans to root against you.

beasted86
05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Who's mad?

U mad.

championships
05-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Ohhoo...you didn't want! Big deal!! Are you the bulls GM or President? Every single team's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices were LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in that order. Doesn't matter what you wanted. I remember when I just used to read PSD 90% Bulls fans had LeBron with Bulls uniform in their sigs till July 7th. And don't try to make your CLAIM a FACT. Fact = Proof.

Alot of people don't like your team. Maybe it's you that needs to get over it.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:01 PM

Well than creep through my profile and see if I ever wanted Lebron. I bet you'll get your answer.

Shonuff
05-16-2011, 05:02 PM

English please.

naps
05-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Nothing about Bosh is clear cut

YES, Bosh was the clear-cut #3 choice during the entire FA process. If you argue with that you clearly didn't exist in the basketball world during that off-season.

smiddy012
05-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Lol

Heat fans responses can be boiled down into one of a few.

1. Wait for tomorrow or next game.
2. It's a Bulls homer (Aka every non Miami fan who hates us)
3. You mad?

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
It's not just him. It's mostly everyone outside of Miami. When someone guarantees that they are going to beat everyone and It's going "To be easy" It's only natural for sports fans to root against you.

I'm a rockets fan but him telling his fans theyll win 8 championships had no affect on my team. Do you want him to say "fans. We won't win not one,not two, not three...etc. But we won't win ANY"

WOULD that make you feel better?

That's idiotic.why do people care for others to fail?

beasted86
05-16-2011, 05:04 PM
3. You mad?

Yup. :cool:

naps
05-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Well than creep through my profile and see if I ever wanted Lebron. I bet you'll get your answer.

I don't care what you wanted. Just letting you know when you make your opinion a fact back it up with proofs. That's how it goes.

And what you wanted doesn't matter anyway. The Bulls wanted LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all three and finally they got Boozer as a consolation prize. This is a fact.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
And I'll deserve it, but I never said the Bulls are going to win. I sure hope they do though. If the Heat win, props to them, they figured us out, but they have a lot of work to do.

Correction I did want Bosh as our 4 back than. But here is my Lebron proof and Wade proof.

"Rose/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Noah=Championship!!!!!

I also hate Lebron and would hate to have to cheer his punk *** on.

Wade is my favorite non bull in the entire NBA, and I'd love a One-Two chicago native punch on our roster. Wade will teach Rose heart, and Noah already has it. Hustle is contagious and we will be not only the most talented team in the NBA, but also the most energetic. Chicago Basketball would be a force to be reckoned with."

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
I can get a link if you'd like.

TheRunKiller
05-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Lol

Heat fans responses can be boiled down into one of a few.

1. Wait for tomorrow or next game.
2. It's a Bulls homer (Aka every non Miami fan who hates us)
3. You mad?

:laugh2: +1

naps
English please.

Which planet are you from? Which part of my post you didn't understand? I am finishing my PhD in about a year from a renowned university in USA. What is your educational/English background? Or do they have any English on the planet?

Cal827
Liked most the post, but I'm kinda wish people would stop throwing this "Hero vs. Villian" crap that people keep referring to, this isn't a fictional story lol. It's not like the Bulls are all high and mighty. Remember Boozer basically turned his back on his word( Verbal agreement) he had with the Cavs and left for Utah. Had he remained there with Lebron (I remember a thread that discussed this), many of us felt that they would have won at least one title.

The celebration might have been a little premature, but teams do that. In the NHL, the Canucks knocked off the Blackhawks in the first round (who had eliminated them the past few years, but basically had to gut their team after winning the cup) they acted like they just won the cup lol.

These people are basketball players, nothing more, nothing less. Yes their decisions are sometimes asinine (Lebron's decision to have that show has got to be one of the dumbest moves in the history of sports IMO), but in the end they are doing what most of us would do; look out for what they feel is best for them.

Also, I remeber you guys trying to pry Bosh off our hands, but wouldn't b/c it would require you guys losing Noah (Was a good decision on your part since he's a good defensive center and you guys acquired Boozer.) I'm by no means a Heat fan, but I'm not going to call them villians for doing what many other teams were trying to do (Chicago, New York, New Jersey Clippers etc). What if New York or you guys were able to acquire them? I would bet that this celebration would still occur, and they would still run their mouths.

Whats unfortunate is that there will be some Heat/Bulls Bandwagoners going at it in this thread (and disgracing their respective fan bases), rather than discussing what the Heat have to do to rebound in game two (E.g Better shots, Wade/Lebron have to not mess up again), or what the Bulls have to do to ensure they don't lose home court advantage ( Boozer actually playing defense, or Rose has to limit the TOs).

miller74
05-16-2011, 05:12 PM

hahaha love it, cowboy bosh just lovin every second

naps
05-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Correction I did want Bosh as our 4 back than. But here is my Lebron proof and Wade proof.

"Rose/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Noah=Championship!!!!!

I also hate Lebron and would hate to have to cheer his punk *** on.

Wade is my favorite non bull in the entire NBA, and I'd love a One-Two chicago native punch on our roster. Wade will teach Rose heart, and Noah already has it. Hustle is contagious and we will be not only the most talented team in the NBA, but also the most energetic. Chicago Basketball would be a force to be reckoned with."

Where? Link please.

godolphins
05-16-2011, 05:16 PM
After winning the championship in 2006 Shaq also guaranteed he was going to win another one the following year and he also said he was going to win one in Phoenix and Cleveland.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Where? Link please.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11966897#post11966897

I'm not trying to argue with you or bait you. Here is your link though.

The Ooh Child
05-16-2011, 05:19 PM
TC is just re-hashing old topics and being incredibly self-righteous

TheRunKiller
05-16-2011, 05:21 PM
The thing that pissed me off more then anything Lebron did was saying they were going to win 8 championships before even playing a game together...didn't he promise the samething to Cavs fans? he couldn't deliver on his promise and he bailed but the funny thing is that Heat fans actually believed him when he said that.

8kobe24
05-16-2011, 05:22 PM
The heat is just one of the things that make the NBA interesting. A few superstars teaming up guaranteeing not 1,2,3,4...5,6, but 7 championships, and a self proclaimed king. heat fans love that, the rest of the NBA well...view them as the villains. NBA wouldn't be fun if we didn't have characters like that. I for one do not hate the heat, but they are the villains, so I don't wish them well either...

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Where? Link please.

If one thing is consistent, it is the fact that I am a fan of Heart, Hard Work, and so on. I hate flash, and I wouldn't have liked a parade if we got Lebron. I would have felt the same way, which is why did you have to add to the fuel of every team hating us. As it turned out, I'm glad we didn't get Lebron, Bosh probably would have been a little more consistent than Boozer, and Wade is who I wanted more than anyone.

championships
05-16-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm a rockets fan but him telling his fans theyll win 8 championships had no affect on my team. Do you want him to say "fans. We won't win not one,not two, not three...etc. But we won't win ANY"

WOULD that make you feel better?

That's idiotic.why do people care for others to fail?

Welcome to the Sports world. Whether your a die hard fan or player, I'm pretty sure you have a competitive nature. When a Player starts shooting his mouth of and guarantees all of that success, Peoples competitive nature kicks in and want him to be wrong about that.

To a sports fan, Bron pretty much said He and the Heat will be unbeatable, Maybe not directly or on purpose but that's just how fans of other teams are going to percieve it as.

Sox72
05-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Which planet are you from? Which part of my post you didn't understand? I am finishing my PhD in about a year from a renowned university in USA. What is your educational/English background? Or do they have any English on the planet?

Yikes. The grammar in this one is even worse than the original one he was referring to.

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
:facepalm: People just don't understand. The introduction party for the Heat's big free agency acquisitions was to re-energize the Miami fan base, not gloat. If ESPN would have never covered it no one outside of Miami/Fl would have been aware of it therefore less attention = less fuel to the fire that is hate/envy. Why doesn't anyone blame ESPN? It baffles me that a man well within his rights to sign where ever he wants is vilified and persecuted for leaving a state/city that wouldn't have given a two fcks if he wasn't superb at putting a ball in a hoop. As for televising his decision, given the opportunity to do something no other free agent in sports history has ever done, everyone in here would have done it. Like c'mon. They didn't embrace the villain role by choice-- blogs, comments and threads like these place the labels. So what happens when you have one of the biggest sports figures viewed as Darth Vader, things like kneeling down to take in the moment and hugging your teammates are magnified and criticized. Seriously, this is the same Lebron who was dancing around and choreographing make believe photography celebrations with his teammates and the media/fans chuckled in amusement. Now whatever he does no matter how minute and harmless is deemed overboard and immature. Remember, the media dictates who the good guys and bad guys are--it makes for a great storyline and great ratings.

Astronaut
05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm not even going to comment..

But why don't all these Heat threads go into the "Miami Heat," section...

It's been happening all year.. They celebrated like they won the Championship when they beat the friggin Celtics, who have been reeling all year.

The reason the Miami Heat have such a target on their backs is because they basically said they were going to win 7+ Championships.. I know it was supposed to re-energize the fanbase but the celebration was on National Television.. What makes me even sicker is that LeBron left from one of the most loyal fanbases to one of the worst(i'm not speaking for everyone, but alot of people.)

smiddy012
05-16-2011, 05:27 PM
After winning the championship in 2006 Shaq also guaranteed he was going to win another one the following year and he also said he was going to win one in Phoenix and Cleveland.

Comparing Lebron to Shaq is proving the OPs argument correct.

Shaq didn't fulfill even 75% of his potential, didn't start working hard outside of games until later into his career, and is considered by many to be at least somewhat of of a "headcase" or, at the very least, an egomaniac.

But hey, at least Shaq got a championship with Wade, so you got that.

Ripper Gein
05-16-2011, 05:28 PM
HATER and U MAD i had missed you up to this point:)

smiddy012
05-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm not even going to comment..

But why don't all these Heat threads go into the "Miami Heat," section...

It's been happening all year..

You know that guy who's having a debate? And the longer he keeps debating, the deeper the hole he digs himself gets? Well, the 2 & 1/2 women, they're the dude diggin their own hole. And they are very, very good at putting a target on their backs.

smiddy012
05-16-2011, 05:30 PM
delete.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:31 PM
The heat is just one of the things that make the NBA interesting. A few superstars teaming up guaranteeing not 1,2,3,4...5,6, but 7 championships, and a self proclaimed king. heat fans love that, the rest of the NBA well...view them as the villains. NBA wouldn't be fun if we didn't have characters like that. I for one do not hate the heat, but they are the villains, so I don't wish them well either...

I didn't hate the Heat either. Love Wade, still do. Little bitter he didn't do the right thing and go to his home town. I like the fact that he stayed with his original team, but I feel he only stayed because of circumstances of Lebron and Bosh coming, and I feel they had there big 3 planned for some time.

As for Lebron, I'm was born and raised in Youngstown, OH. My parents are from Gary, IN. I grew up an all Chicago fan surrounded by Pittsburgh and Cleveland fans, and had to listen to them talk about Lebron for so long. I always told them they won't win with him, and also that when they do lose he will bolt. I was right on with those predictions. But I feel for them now after seeing the way he did it. I told them the same thing I tell everyone on here. He is heartless, and he won't be loyal to Cleveland in the long run. They argued with me until the day it happened.

jimbobjarree
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Cant Bulls fans just let their team's performance do the talking instead of having to sink down to the Heat's level. Yes, the Bulls have played it cool so far, but you making it out like they're our knights in shining armor, here to save the league then your just gunna create hate for yourselves.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Why cant this be in the heat forum???

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM

So what you're telling me is that you can't tell when people are being sarcastic. Not once did he guarantee anything, he was asked a question and responded according to how he was baited in. There's a difference between believing you can do something and guaranteeing you can do something and he believes they can win Championships. What team don't believe they can? And if they don't why are they still employed?

RCarlson85
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
Wow, you want to talk about cocky and celebrating a victory. The bulls have won only 1 game out of a 7 game series. I'm not going to come out and say the Heat will comeback and win the series for sure, but it's far from over.

In reference to sweeping the Heat into submission, I think that is a little exaggerated. Yes, the Bulls won all three, but those 3 games were decided by a total of 8 points. They easily could have ended differently. Don't expect the rest of this series to go the way last nights game went, otherwise you might be disappointed.

Also, as far as celebrating the series win over Boston. Miami wasn't supposed to beat Boston, despite being the #2 seed. That was supposed to be the team that Miami wouldn't be able to beat. Maybe if the Bulls didn't play so unimpressively against far inferior opponents in the Pacers and Hawks they would have celebrated too.

Astronaut
05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
You know that guy who's having a debate? And the longer he keeps debating, the deeper the hole he digs himself gets? Well, the 2 & 1/2 women, they're the dude diggin their own hole. And they are very, very good at putting a target on their backs.

I'm not sure if this is an indirect insult towards me ?

Anyways, the only reason I keep getting involved in these is that everyone keeps posting crap in the Cavaliers forum about LeBron, he's part of the Miami Heat now.. Please stop it.

naps
05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11966897#post11966897

I'm not trying to argue with you or bait you. Here is your link though.

Thanks for providing the link. You didn't want LeBron doesn't mean the Bulls didn't want him which I claimed in my original post. Bulls wanted LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in that order. This is a fact that wouldn't change what a small portion of fans' wish/opinion.

naps
05-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Yikes. The grammar in this one is even worse than the original one he was referring to.

Since when this has turned into a grammar class? Did you understand what I wrote? If so then please come up with arguments. Just don't be mad because we have LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all three discounted!

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Welcome to the Sports world. Whether your a die hard fan or player, I'm pretty sure you have a competitive nature. When a Player starts shooting his mouth of and guarantees all of that success, Peoples competitive nature kicks in and want him to be wrong about that.

To a sports fan, Bron pretty much said He and the Heat will be unbeatable, Maybe not directly or on purpose but that's just how fans of other teams are going to percieve it as.

I understand.trust me.i don't want them to win eight championships.
I just want my rockets to win one.but why hate on them?

My team can't make the playoffs and your lakers get swept by dallas.

But all in the while I don't want them to fail because he's"a douche"

I know he's a great player and if he wins so be it.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks for providing the link. You didn't want LeBron doesn't mean the Bulls didn't want him which I claimed in my original post. Bulls wanted LeBron, Wade, and Bosh in that order. This is a fact that wouldn't change what a small portion of fans' wish/opinion.

I honestly don't think Rose wanted him though.

nolin
05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
:facepalm: People just don't understand. The introduction party for the Heat's big free agency acquisitions was to re-energize the Miami fan base, not gloat. If ESPN would have never covered it no one outside of Miami/Fl would have been aware of it therefore less attention = less fuel to the fire that is hate/envy. Why doesn't anyone blame ESPN? It baffles me that a man well within his rights to sign where ever he wants is vilified and persecuted for leaving a state/city that wouldn't have given a two fcks if he wasn't superb at putting a ball in a hoop. As for televising his decision, given the opportunity to do something no other free agent in sports history has ever done, everyone in here would have done it. Like c'mon. They didn't embrace the villain role by choice-- blogs, comments and threads like these place the labels. So what happens when you have one of the biggest sports figures viewed as Darth Vader, things like kneeling down to take in the moment and hugging your teammates are magnified and criticized. Seriously, this is the same Lebron who was dancing around and choreographing make believe photography celebrations with his teammates and the media/fans chuckled in amusement. Now whatever he does no matter how minute and harmless is deemed overboard and immature. Remember, the media dictates who the good guys and bad guys are--it makes for a great storyline and great ratings.

why are you writing in bold?

naps
05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Cant Bulls fans just let their team's performance do the talking instead of having to sink down to the Heat's level. Yes, the Bulls have played it cool so far, but you making it out like they're our knights in shining armor, here to save the league then your just gunna create hate for yourselves.

Thank you! This is all just after winning game 1 of ECF. Can you imagine what this PSD is gonna be like if they actually win the championship? wow!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
why are you writing in bold?

He's been doing that all of his PSD career:sigh:

nycsports2
05-16-2011, 05:43 PM

haha exactly

pd1dish
05-16-2011, 05:44 PM
i thought it was a great read. all of it was true and it seems like history just keeps repeating itself for LeDouche

nycsports2
05-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Since when this has turned into a grammar class? Did you understand what I wrote? If so then please come up with arguments. Just don't be mad because we have LeBron, Wade, and Bosh all three discounted!

i think you overpaid for bosh.... lol

naps
05-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I honestly don't think Rose wanted him though.

What Rose wanted individually wouldn't have mattered if LeBron picked the Bulls. Bulls would get LeBron 100 times out of 100 times in expense of Rose in last July.

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
:facepalm: People just don't understand. The introduction party for the Heat's big free agency acquisitions was to re-energize the Miami fan base, not gloat.

Really??? Come on man! :facepalm: Why would a team have to re-energize a fan base that had just recently won a championship and has been in the playoffs? Is that because Miami Heat fans were few and far between before Lebron came to Miami? Bulls had not accomplished as much as the Heat since the 06 season and would not had a dong sucking party like that.

It clearly was a way to rub it in the face of the other teams of the NBA and fueled the hatred that exists today. Take a step back, look at it from the outside and see what it was really about!

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Thank you! This is all just after winning game 1 of ECF. Can you imagine what this PSD is gonna be like if they actually win the championship? wow!

I still never said the Bulls were going to win though. Only stated the facts that the Heat are putting more pressure on themselves than they need to.

championships
05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Heat fans can get upset about this all they want but the fact is that this is not going to go away until The Heat win the championship. All you can do is sit back and pray they do just that, otherwise you will never here the end of it.

It's just what the Heat oranization signed up for when they picked up such high profile players. Now you better deliver.

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
i thought it was a great read. all of it was true and it seems like history just keeps repeating itself for LeDouche

This shows its not just miami fans that say dumb things baiting in their posts.

pd1dish
05-16-2011, 05:50 PM

only on PSD where 90% of the posters hate on Rose and the Bulls anyways. what we say on here will never affect how this series turns out. what our teams' players say is a different story and all the OP is pointing out is that the Bulls are humble and Lebron and the other 2 jokes bring the hate onto themselves.

Rentzias
05-16-2011, 05:50 PM

I go to the University. :D
Which one?
The University...of the United States. :D
I've never heard of that one.
Yes it is very small. We do not even have a basketball team. :D

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Really??? Come on man! :facepalm: Why would a team have to re-energize a fan base that had just recently won a championship and has been in the playoffs? Is that because Miami Heat fans were few and far between before Lebron came to Miami? Bulls had not accomplished as much as the Heat since the 06 season and would not had a dong sucking party like that.

It clearly was a way to rub it in the face of the other teams of the NBA and fueled the hatred that exists today. Take a step back, look at it from the outside and see what it was really about!

So tell me how would you have known about this dong sucking party if ESPN didn't cover it? And as for the fans, you can never have enough...economically speaking

naps
05-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I still never said the Bulls were going to win though. Only stated the facts that the Heat are putting more pressure on themselves than they need to.

Listen, you probably made some valid points but are you honestly telling me that you didn't know this was eventually going to be a LeBron and HEAT bashing thread?

Would you make this thread if the Bulls lost game 1? If so then why didn't you make it before?

Gibby23
05-16-2011, 05:53 PM
What Rose wanted individually wouldn't have mattered if LeBron picked the Bulls. Bulls would get LeBron 100 times out of 100 times in expense of Rose in last July.

Rose never called him or made any public comment on playing with Lebron. Rose knew if Lebron or Wade were to join him, there would be alot of standing around because Rose, Wade, and Lebron play the same style. Look at how the Heat play, if one of them doesn't have the ball they stand and wait for it.

naps
05-16-2011, 05:55 PM
I go to the University. :D
Which one?
The University...of the United States. :D
I've never heard of that one.
Yes it is very small. We do not even have a basketball team. :D

I am a Gator. What are you? Do you have a basketball team? How many NCAA championships do they have?

naps
05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Rose never called him or made any public comment on playing with Lebron. Rose knew if Lebron or Wade were to join him, there would be alot of standing around because Rose, Wade, and Lebron play the same style. Look at how the Heat play, if one of them doesn't have the ball they stand and wait for it.

You quoted me? Where did I say Rose wanted him? All I said is Rose would be a non-factor if LeBron chose the Bulls last summer. Bulls would not care what Rose wanted if that meant they were landing LeBron.

haggis
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
So tell me how would you have known about this dong sucking party if ESPN didn't cover it?

Because its 2011.

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-16-2011, 06:00 PM

Do you work in the Bulls front office? How do you know what order they wanted?

mttwlsn16
05-16-2011, 06:01 PM
shocked this has yet to be closed...SteBo must be working, in school, something

naps
05-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Do you work in the Bulls front office? How do you know what order they wanted?

Just like how every other Basketball fan (minus Bulls fans ofcourse) knew it. Are you going to say they wanted Boozer ahead of LeBron, Wade, or Bosh? If so then please state it clearly. I am going to need a sig soon!

godolphins
05-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Again we did something similar to this when we got Shaq, I seriously don't see the big deal here because they did it for Heat fans.

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-16-2011, 06:04 PM
So tell me how would you have known about this dong sucking party if ESPN didn't cover it? And as for the fans, you can never have enough...economically speaking

Or can only have enough when the team is winning right? What about when the team isn't doing so hot?

So why make a big deal about it then? Problem is fans are going to talk and things will get out. I just feel no team needs to have a celebration like that before the season even starts. Hey if you wanna have something first home game, more power to ya. But to have it like that, you are asking for hate!

naps
05-16-2011, 06:05 PM
shocked this has yet to be closed...SteBo must be working, in school, something

I saw one MOD was visiting this thread and yet it's still open. Guess what...He was a Bulls MOD. Surprised?

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Just like how every other Basketball fan (minus Bulls fans ofcourse) knew it. Are you going to say they wanted Boozer ahead of LeBron, Wade, or Bosh? If so then please state it clearly. I am going to need a sig soon!

Never said that but how do you know that Wade wasn't number one for them? Hey if Lebron choose Chicago, I would have been happy. I think for the success of the team a combo of Wade/Bosh would have been the best option or Johnson/Boozer because we already had Deng at the SF position.

dabears34ft
05-16-2011, 06:07 PM
It's really not that outta hand. Good arguments.

daricoliver
05-16-2011, 06:09 PM

As far as the Bulls being scared of Miami, have they looked scare in any of the four games they have won against the Heat. Did Taj look scared when he dunked on Wade or stuffed Lebron. If anyone looked scared, it was Miami. The Bulls have shown all year that they can live with pressure. There is absolutely nothing they have done to show otherwise. Any time they had a big game and there was scrutiny and talk from the superbrains that they would not be able to compete with the better teams like the Celtics, Heat, Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs. They not only showed up, they won a good majority of those games.

I agree that the Heat will play better, but if you ask me DRose will have at least one or two games when he will totally dominate the game. He coasted last night, made his outside shots, but did not even have to exert that much energy.

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Again we did something similar to this when we got Shaq, I seriously don't see the big deal here because they did it for Heat fans.

So Refresh my memory then? Is Miami the only team to have celebrations like this? Is that a knock against their fan base? To get the Heat fans to come out we have to throw a celebration for FA signings and put on a fashion show?

godolphins
05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
So Refresh my memory then? Is Miami the only team to have celebrations like this? Is that a knock against their fan base? To get the Heat fans to come out we have to throw a celebration for FA signings and put on a fashion show?

When we get a big name player we celebrate and throw a celebration for OUR FANS, I'm sure if next year we find a way to get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard we will do something similar.

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Or can only have enough when the team is winning right? What about when the team isn't doing so hot?

So why make a big deal about it then? Problem is fans are going to talk and things will get out. I just feel no team needs to have a celebration like that before the season even starts. Hey if you wanna have something first home game, more power to ya. But to have it like that, you are asking for hate!

The fact of the matter is, the media/ESPN knows what they did/doing...Why only cover the Heat's dong sucking party, why not cover everyone else's also oh wait we don't know what type of celebratory party other teams had for their free agents because ESPN didn't cover it...

haggis
05-16-2011, 06:24 PM
Why only cover the Heat's dong sucking party, why not cover everyone else's also oh wait we don't know what type of celebratory party other teams had for their free agents because ESPN didn't cover it...

Seriously?

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Seriously?

Man all I'm saying is that they fueled this fire...

championships
05-16-2011, 06:29 PM
LOL heat fans. If you guys want/expect your team to be elite and on top year in and year out, Better get used to this type of scrutiny.

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
LOL heat fans. If you guys want/expect your team to be elite and on top year in and year out, Better get used to this type of scrutiny.

I've never seen this level of scrutiny for a team though

haggis
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM

I was referring to the fact that no other team has ever had this type of "celebration" in the preseason.

haggis
05-16-2011, 06:33 PM

Honest question: What did you expect?

I agree with you, but I think the Yankees have the same type of effect on people when it comes to hating (but a big difference, they've earned it). Not to that extent, but similar.

DeadlyVeyerus31
05-16-2011, 06:34 PM

Because Lebron had his hour to shine. Maybe if he made the FA choice like all other FA's maybe ESPN wouldn't had been so inclinded to show it.

godolphins
05-16-2011, 06:35 PM
We're like the Jets of the NBA, its fun when its not your team getting scrutinize but when its the other way around its tough man.

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Honest question: What did you expect?

I agree with you, but I think the Yankees have the same type of effect on people when it comes to hating (but a big difference, they've earned it). Not to that extent, but similar.

Agreed. But wherever Lebron would have gone he would have brought notoriety, because he chose Miami the hate tipped the scale...

championships
05-16-2011, 06:50 PM
We're like the Jets of the NBA, its fun when its not your team getting scrutinize but when its the other way around its tough man.

It sucks, I know. It's no fun when people come up with any and everything they can to discredit your team but.... Comes with the territory.
The Heat need to win to slow down the Hate but it will never go away. Next people will just find ways to downplay the championship. (If it happens).

Master Mind
05-16-2011, 06:55 PM
It sucks, I know. It's no fun when people come up with any and everything they can to discredit your team but.... Comes with the territory.
The Heat need to win to slow down the Hate but it will never go away. Next people will just find ways to downplay the championship. (If it happens).

Lebron will forever be a villain

godolphins
05-16-2011, 06:55 PM
:nod:

pd1dish
05-16-2011, 06:56 PM
This shows its not just miami fans that say dumb things baiting in their posts.

how is what i said something stupid or baiting??? i was just agreeing with the OP and "LeDouche" is obviously a nickname for "the biggest douche in the universe" (john edwards is a close 2nd, imo).

and, btw, ive been calling him that since he was in Cleveland because im a Bulls fan who lives in Columbus, OH and ive had to deal with Lebron beating up on the Bulls for 6 years and i had to hear it from all the cavs fans.

Draco
05-16-2011, 06:57 PM
There's probably a bunch of other examples of Lebron's douchieness that was left unwritten in the OP- like how Lebron handled the free agent recruitment process - and that's really the bottom line.. Lebron's a douche, or as Charley Rosen put it, "the biggest fraud since white chocolate"

Htownballa1622
05-16-2011, 07:07 PM
how is what i said something stupid or baiting??? i was just agreeing with the OP and "LeDouche" is obviously a nickname for "the biggest douche in the universe" (john edwards is a close 2nd, imo).

and, btw, ive been calling him that since he was in Cleveland because im a Bulls fan who lives in Columbus, OH and ive had to deal with Lebron beating up on the Bulls for 6 years and i had to hear it from all the cavs fans.

You call him ledouche, lebrick, etc..

You say it for shock value or to get a raise outta someone.
I don't really care.only reason I'm acknowledging it is because if it were rose being scrutinized every bulls fan would jump on his nuts trying to defend him.

Only difference is.ones the best player in the league and one isn't.
a matter of preference. I actually like both.

I just dislike hating or baiting.

mania03
05-16-2011, 07:10 PM
who the **** cares ? its not like it was a big celebration. hell Id be happy too if I beat the celtics after they whooped my *** for the last 2-3 years ....Man these threads get so old...like what do you want from the guy ? Who cares if Kobe or MJ dont do it ...why you comparing him to these players ...LBJ is LBJ ...done deal. Hes not going to behave the way YOU want him too.

JNA17
05-16-2011, 07:22 PM

You have not been a fan for long then.