PDA

View Full Version : Hill and Dudley commercial

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
05-16-2011, 11:50 AM
its a commercial featuring Grant Hill and Jared Dudley among other celebs/athletes saying how you shouldnt call something gay when you mean stupid. I dont remember the commercial verbatum but i do remember them both being in it.

then today it comes out that the suns' president Rick Welts is gay.

also dudley and hill were the first to respond to kobe's "bundle of sticks" remark
http://www.glistsociety.com/?p=2300

so, obviously people can assume that both hill and dudley were aware that rick welts was gay before it was made public. they seem fine with having a gay person work closely to them. You have to assume they arent the only two players in the NBA who feel this way.

there has to be at least one gay NBA player, whats keeping them from being openly gay? would the players or the public have a bigger problem with it?

i used to think it was from fear of backlash from teammates, but if your team doesnt care then whats the problem? i dont see your team losing fans from it and usually other teams' fans dont like rival players anyways.

*the question is in bold for skimmers

LINK TO COMMERCIAL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nasp3euSqjM

AntiG
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Of course a gay player would not be open about it. These players all have to be in close quarters and often are naked next to each other. Just like if one of your teammates goes and sleeps with your significant other or your mom, having an awkward situation on the regular potentially ruins team chemistry and in turn general managers would have a difficult time justifying signing the gay player unless he is elite like Kobe or Dwight.

210Don
05-16-2011, 02:22 PM
i assume since hill and dudley are in the commercial there gay

magichatnumber9
05-16-2011, 02:37 PM
It's about time. Gay and Lesbians deserve to live a normal life.

johnwayne
05-16-2011, 02:44 PM
It's about time. Gay and Lesbians deserve to live a normal life.

and so do theives and drug dealers

king4day
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
i assume since hill and dudley are in the commercial there gay

In case you are serious, Hill is married: http://www.ebsports.net/blog/gf/granthill.jpg

Dudley I'm not sure.

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Ugh... it so stupid. Ive never met a gay person that got offended cuz i said something is gay. Its just slang. WTF! My black friends dont get offended when i say ni **a. Its just modern urban culture. People need to stop these stupid campaigns. I like the anti obesity campaigns and the nba cares stuff but now its just getting ga-... i mean... stupid...

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
dead *** im not even trying to be funny but i think Bosh needs to come out of the closet

allSUAVE
05-16-2011, 03:13 PM
all because of kobe ****ing *** slur, so fake

allSUAVE
05-16-2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPPoXUvDX8&feature=related

nickster16301
05-16-2011, 03:18 PM
i just dont like the openly gay ones that wear womens clothes and put on lipstick...i know im going to get killed for saying that but i dont care...

iggypop123
05-16-2011, 03:20 PM
there are advantages to not coming out. when guys post up its a gay mans dream come true.

wolfydude911
05-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Ugh... it so stupid. Ive never met a gay person that got offended cuz i said something is gay. Its just slang. WTF! My black friends dont get offended when i say ni **a. Its just modern urban culture. People need to stop these stupid campaigns. I like the anti obesity campaigns and the nba cares stuff but now its just getting ga-... i mean... stupid...

I feel bad for you; for your ignorance, your lack of worldly experience, and your lack of human empathy. Yes, homophobic slurs have become slang, and that is the problem, something that needs to be changed, and why these ads are so vital. Saying it doesn't offend ANY gay people is false--either you don't actually know any gay people, or they are lying.

The issue goes deeper than just the offensive words themselves. How about a little education: more than a third of all LGBT students have experienced physical harassment at school based on their sexual orientation and nearly a fifth had been physically assaulted at school for the same reason. LGBT high school students who experience physical harassment are twice as likely not to pursue college, and their average grade-point averages were half a grade lower than gay and lesbian students not facing the same level of hostility, no doubt because the teens who felt themselves to be at risk were five times more likely to skip school due to "safety concerns."

"That's so gay" is hurtful. Just because it doesn't have the same bite as "***" or "****" doesn't mean it's not harmful and hateful. It most certainly is. We need to stop using the word "gay" to mean dumb, stupid and worthless. Homosexuals are HUMAN BEINGS, and to equate their identity with these terrible adjectives is to de-humanize them, even if you don't "mean to" (which, subconsciously, you do).

Learn how to be alive and accept people for who they are. We are all part of one human community, and we should be free to love whomever we desire and express ourselves however we choose without the fear of people like you minimizing the value of the precious time we have on this earth.

Namaste--the light in me sees the light in you!

D Roses Bulls
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought the commercial was dumb. the gay people I do know never get offended by that crap. people are too sensitive. so I guess you can't say that you are feeling gay then when you are happy as well. just dumb.

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
I feel bad for you; for your ignorance, your lack of worldly experience, and your lack of human empathy. Yes, homophobic slurs have become slang, and that is the problem, something that needs to be changed, and why these ads are so vital.

The issue goes deeper than just the offensive words themselves. How about a little education: more than a third of all LGBT students have experienced physical harassment at school based on their sexual orientation and nearly a fifth had been physically assaulted at school for the same reason. LGBT high school students who experience physical harassment are twice as likely not to pursue college, and their average grade-point averages were half a grade lower than gay and lesbian students not facing the same level of hostility, no doubt because the teens who felt themselves to be at risk were five times more likely to skip school due to "safety concerns."

"That's so gay" is hurtful. Just because it doesn't have the same bite as "***" or "****" doesn't mean it's not harmful and hateful. It most certainly is. We need to stop using the word "gay" to mean dumb, stupid and worthless. Homosexuals are HUMAN BEINGS, and to equate their identity with these terrible adjectives is to de-humanize them, even if you don't "mean to" (which, subconsciously, you do).

Learn how to be alive and accept people for who they are. We are all part of one human community, and we should be free to love whomever we desire and express ourselves however we choose without the fear of people like you minimizing the value of the precious time we have on this earth.

wow... i really feel educated. :clap: You must feel really good for yourself. Im a Psychology major and this very topic came up in one of our debates. If your a gay man and hear someone refer to a parking ticket as gay, and you get offended; are you getting offended because of what was said or because you, YOURSELF are subconsciously ashamed of what you are and it hurts?

People aren't born gay. There has been extensive research on it. Homosexuality is a product of enviromental triggers. I.e, its not nature, its nurture. Whether its lacking a father figure, or having an overbearing abusive father, or sexual insecurities; people are not predisposed to homosexuality.

I accept people for who they are. My best friend is openly gay. I dont care. Im always around females anyway so im not insecure about it. However if i say that my bill at Red Lobster is "gay", and he gets offended, thats not on me. Its on him for not having come to grips with what he is and feeling self conscious about it.

Just wondering.. if i say that something is "stupid', will stupid people be offended?

OBVIOUSLY i would have the presense of mind to watch my mouth around gay people that i dont know. I wouldnt go in a gay bar with my female friends and call every inanimate object i see "gay".

So save your self righteous BS and take it somewhere else.

#winning

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I thought the commercial was dumb. the gay people I do know never get offended by that crap. people are too sensitive. so I guess you can't that you are feeling gay then when you are happy as well. just dumb.

agreed 100%

johnwayne
05-16-2011, 04:06 PM
I feel bad for you; for your ignorance, your lack of worldly experience, and your lack of human empathy. Yes, homophobic slurs have become slang, and that is the problem, something that needs to be changed, and why these ads are so vital. Saying it doesn't offend ANY gay people is false--either you don't actually know any gay people, or they are lying.

being that 2 men cannot produce a child, our creator must have felt differently

SteveNash
05-16-2011, 04:14 PM
If they really have such a big issue with it, they should really stop being gay.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:16 PM
I thought the commercial was dumb. the gay people I do know never get offended by that crap. people are too sensitive. so I guess you can't that you are feeling gay then when you are happy as well. just dumb.

Just because they dont say they are offended, doesnt mean they werent. There is a lot of pressure for them to conform, so when friends, collegues, co-workers and relatives use such expressions, they may very well play it off and act like they are not offended, but you cannot pretend to know what is going on in somebody's mind. I am sure that there are times when you have acted one way and felt another.

I come from a predominantely white area in south western ontario, and have had friends who are of middle-eastern decent, or black, and when people crack jokes with them about stereotypes, they may laugh, or shrug it off, but trust me, it bothers them.

So lets just try to be creative next time we are trash talking on the court. I'm gonna play you like an XBox. Why you gotta be playing in the no passing lane. You laying up so many bricks you could build a house. You bit harder on that pump fake than Edward bit Bella. You are a cardboard cut out on defence. I put the FENCE in defence to keep quirls like you out.

come on.. seriously... lets ust be more sensative and stop pretending we know how people feel.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:20 PM
being that 2 men cannot produce a child, our creator must have felt differently

Creator? And you've met this creator? And you've had conversations with him on the matter? Did he explain why ten percent of the animal kingdom engages in homosexual behaviour? Did he explain why over 50% of monkeys are innately bisexual?

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Lets close this thread before the homophobes turn it into anymore of a disaster.

johnwayne
05-16-2011, 04:21 PM
wow... I really feel educated. :clap: You must feel really good for yourself. Im a psychology major and this very topic came up in one of our debates. if your a gay man and hear someone refer to a parking ticket as gay, and you get offended; are you getting offended because of what was said or because you, yourself are subconsciously ashamed of what you are and it hurts?
people aren't born gay. There has been extensive research on it. Homosexuality is a product of enviromental triggers. I.e, its not nature, its nurture. Whether its lacking a father figure, or having an overbearing abusive father, or sexual insecurities; people are not predisposed to homosexuality.

I accept people for who they are. My best friend is openly gay. I dont care. Im always around females anyway so im not insecure about it. However if i say that my bill at red lobster is "gay", and he gets offended, thats not on me. Its on him for not having come to grips with what he is and feeling self conscious about it.

Just wondering.. If i say that something is "stupid', will stupid people be offended?

Obviously i would have the presense of mind to watch my mouth around gay people that i dont know. I wouldnt go in a gay bar with my female friends and call every inanimate object i see "gay".

So save your self righteous bs and take it somewhere else.

#winning

bingo bango

xbrackattackx
05-16-2011, 04:23 PM
People aren't born gay.

#winning

Do you believe there's a God also?

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:25 PM
wow... i really feel educated. :clap: You must feel really good for yourself. Im a Psychology major and this very topic came up in one of our debates. If your a gay man and hear someone refer to a parking ticket as gay, and you get offended; are you getting offended because of what was said or because you, YOURSELF are subconsciously ashamed of what you are and it hurts?

People aren't born gay. There has been extensive research on it. Homosexuality is a product of enviromental triggers. I.e, its not nature, its nurture. Whether its lacking a father figure, or having an overbearing abusive father, or sexual insecurities; people are not predisposed to homosexuality.

Its not in nature? Maybe you should come around to my block, where one neighbour's male dog tries to f@ck the other one in the @$$.

Or maybe your studies havent shown that 10 percent of the animal kingdom participates in homosexual behaviour. What school are you studying at, because the are holding some information back from you.

xbrackattackx
05-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Lets close this thread before the bible humpers turn it into anymore of a disaster.

Fixed.

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:26 PM

Thank you. At least i know there are a couple people out there who have an IQ over 60 and understand empathy. As for the rest of these Nazi... I got two words for you...

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Here is a list of sites where the ignorant can see homosexuality is a natural occurring thing.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=homosexuality+in+nature&cp=21&pf=p&sclient=psy&rlz=1R2SUNC_enCA357&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=homosexuality+in+natu&pbx=1&fp=a0ee290b7d0b7e83
cheers

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Creator? And you've met this creator? And you've had conversations with him on the matter? Did he explain why ten percent of the animal kingdom engages in homosexual behaviour? Did he explain why over 50% of monkeys are innately bisexual?

Why so quick to close the thread? This is an intreresting debate.

Do animals have the ability to reason and rationalize? Is their moral judgement comparable to a human? Are animals acting on instinct or are they, like humans, acting on lust?

So after millions of years of evolution, we are still reduced to comparing the deeds of humans to those of non setient beings?

Is that how you want to prove your point?

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Its not in nature? Maybe you should come around to my block, where one neighbour's male dog tries to f@ck the other one in the @$$.

Or maybe your studies havent shown that 10 percent of the animal kingdom participates in homosexual behaviour. What school are you studying at, because the are holding some information back from you.

:laugh2: Thats an amazing argument. Except i would think that after millions of years of evolution our species would be at least be above being compared to non rational, moraly inept beings.

Let me ask you this, in Brazil where it is customary and not out of the ordinary for humans to have sexual relations with animals; would your "we should be allowed to love whoever we want" argument hold?

What about in the middle east where incest is permissable?

ttam68
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
As idiotic as some of these posts are, props to the mods for not closing it (so far)

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 04:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Here is a list of sites where the ignorant can see homosexuality is a natural occurring thing.

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&xhr=t&q=homosexuality+in+nature&cp=21&pf=p&sclient=psy&rlz=1R2SUNC_enCA357&source=hp&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&oq=homosexuality+in+natu&pbx=1&fp=a0ee290b7d0b7e83
cheers

Im not interested in what you like to watch on your free time...

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Why so quick to close the thread? This is an intreresting debate.

Do animals have the ability to reason and rationalize? Is their moral judgement comparable to a human? Are animals acting on instinct or are they, like humans, acting on lust?

So after millions of years of evolution, we are still reduced to comparing the deeds of humans to those of non setient beings?

Is that how you want to prove your point?

The arguement is not about setience, it is about NATURE. Setience is LEARNED, aka NUTURE. NOT NATURE. The person I was responding to, claimed it was unnatural. I am responding to that. You can go on about cognative, and sentience and all that jazz, but that is not what I was speaking to. I was not making a moral judgement, I was stating a FACT that contradicted the claim that homosexuality was NOT NATURAL.

So when you speak to THAT, I will respond, until, this is actually an embarassingly thoughtless debate that has irgnorance hate and prejudice on one side, and emphathy, reasoning and acceptance on the other.

How we treat the least among us... look it up, its in the Bible, i'm sure you will find it refreshing. Jesus talked about it.

ManRam
05-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Some of the stuff posted here has been nothing short of appalling. At the very least, this hasn't been NBA-related at all. I see absolutely no need leaving this thread open any more. There has been a good amount of ignorance and derogatory remarks being spewed left and right, and that's not needed here and will just get people in trouble.

This probably is a GD discussion, if it's even allowed there....