PDA

View Full Version : Six Players On The Court, Why no Tech?

JasonJohnHorn
05-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Check out the highlights, from 1:21-1:36

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/eastseries7/index.html?ls=st&g=1&t=bs

Miami clearly had six players on the court, with a live ball, the officials spotted it, blew the whistle but didnt call a technical foul on Miami?

I realize by the end of the game this was a blow out, but in the second quarter, at the time of the call, it was still a close game. This is not a case of the officials not noticing it, they blew the whistle and stopped the play, and simply didnt give the Heat a tech. At this point in the game the Heat were up by a point.

So, am I missing something here? Why were the Heat not called for a tech when all three officials saw what was going on, and even stopped the play?

Sadds The Gr8
05-16-2011, 11:01 AM
the refs tried to rig the game, and the heat still couldn't win.

marlinsfan24
05-16-2011, 11:06 AM
The refs clearly were trying to rig the game. I mean, every time Wade and James drove to the hoop their were phantom calls. The NBA refs are so bad and it's a league wide conspiracy.

RSA27
05-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Actually those refs are going to be fined for removing the sixth heat player from the court. The NBA actually has instituted a new rule that allows Lebron and D-Wade to play six on five when they feel the game is slipping away from them. A second new rule that forbids Taj Gibson from blocking shots or dunking on heat players was also not enforced. Looks like some referees are going to be hearing from the league office after all those missed calls last night.

sixer04fan
05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
It doesn't matter if there are 6, 7, or 8 players on the court for Miami. The bottom line is they play 3 on 5, regardless of how many other players are on the court, and they are pretty damn good at it.

allSUAVE
05-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Yea, the refs tried to give miami the game, but didn't prevail

Chi StateOfMind
05-16-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't know maybe the refs can't count.

tyfreaks brotha
05-16-2011, 11:25 AM
It's not like those extra players would help it's always ****ing 5 on 3. Why no Tech? Cuz refs tried to give miami the game.

Cool007
05-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I don't know. There should not be ANY excuse for why they didn't call a tech on the Heat at the time? That was pretty weak.

On the other hand, the same possession, they call a tech on the Bulls for the defensive 3-seconds. They didn't waste any time calling a tech on Bulls but let Heat get away with it.

Thank god that game wasn't close as I just don't trust these refs.

Cubs Win
05-16-2011, 11:30 AM
"Not 5, not 6, not 7..."

...We need 8 players on the court to beat the Bulls!

SteBO
05-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Decided to re-open.

k.smith904
05-16-2011, 02:01 PM
should have been a tech.

Don't know how you can explain it any other way.

Total lapse in intelligence by the officials.

haggis
05-16-2011, 02:02 PM
by the book it should have been a tech.

the game was still close at that point...

Baller1
05-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Just a complete lapse of intelligence on the refs part... Like the OJ Mayo call.

SteBO
05-16-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=3956

Yeah, we caught a break there. Not like it mattered though. :sigh:

madvillian9
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
This is the **** that pisses me off. This isn't a heat of the moment call that they missed. It's a complete lack of knowledge of the rules. You need to get guys in there that know what they f they are doing. This is one of the only drawbacks of the NBA right now. And the only real major one.

EDIT: now that i think about it, that was probably the best officiated game in the playoffs i've seen this year, maybe all year. they let them get physical and for the majority of the game, i didnt even notice the refs. that's how it should be. the best refs are the ones you don't notice. it was just that glaring 6 player bs that got me.

johnwayne
05-16-2011, 02:18 PM
My question is....Even if the refs "didn't know"...wink wink...Why would some official person not give them the word? I mean how could you let something so blatant like this happen in the Eastern Conference Finals in front of millions of viewers?.....The refs should be punished/fined....I'm in the army and when I **** up on something a get a written counseling followed by corrective training....This is unacceptable

DLeeicious
05-16-2011, 02:27 PM
It was a ****ing joke that's what it was. No excuses for that good thing it didn't come into play.

davids22
05-16-2011, 03:14 PM
It obviously should have been called, but wow, get out of here with that ref conspiracy crap. No one knows why it wasn't called but to say it was a conspiracy for the Heat to win is absurd. Hopefully the refs get find and the right call is made next time.

beasted86
05-16-2011, 03:21 PM
It's pretty clear where Anthony was on the court he was just walking in from the scorers table and thought the ref gave him the cue he could sub in for Magloire. Instead he was giving the cue for Jones to inbound to Chalmers.

So 2 seconds came off the clock before they blew the whistle, and they informed Anthony he wasn't allowed to sub, and he had to go back to the scorers table. If every time a coach or player was on the floor for 2 seconds the refs gave a tech, it would happen every single game. The Heat weren't set with 6 player son the court trying to play, Anthony was trying to sub.

That's pretty clear if you don't have hater shades on.

magichatnumber9
05-16-2011, 03:24 PM
The refs tried to hand OKC a game 7 win....... oh wait they did

pd1dish
05-16-2011, 03:35 PM
refs are ****ing stupid and dont actually know all of the rules. i also noticed they didnt even bother to review Boozer's basket that was clearly a shot clock violation when slowed down in the replay. i dont quite remember what point of the game it was but if it came down to a basket or two at the end of the game, it would have made a huge difference.

Sofnr
05-16-2011, 03:37 PM
All of the ref conspiracy **** that is constantly spouted in this forum is hillarious. The ref's made a mistake. It had a very minimal impact on the game. This was one of the best officiated games in the playoffs so far. They let the players play. I wasn't sure we would see that with three superstars on the court. I would take this officiating crew every game.

DITKA4GOV
05-16-2011, 11:10 PM
It's pretty clear where Anthony was on the court he was just walking in from the scorers table and thought the ref gave him the cue he could sub in for Magloire. Instead he was giving the cue for Jones to inbound to Chalmers.

So 2 seconds came off the clock before they blew the whistle, and they informed Anthony he wasn't allowed to sub, and he had to go back to the scorers table. If every time a coach or player was on the floor for 2 seconds the refs gave a tech, it would happen every single game. The Heat weren't set with 6 player son the court trying to play, Anthony was trying to sub.

No, u should not be allowed to post. A rule is a rule for a reason. Ball was in court and active with 6 players on the court. It is a technical foul, should have been called the same as a 5 sec rule. Conspiracy.... crazy talk. Legit bad no-call... absolutley. Embarrassing moment for refs, well respected refs actually. Didn't effect game tho.... so... moving on. We lose by one.... different story.....

Raph12
05-16-2011, 11:24 PM
In Game 2 Knicks vs Celts, the refs called a "3 sec violation" with 22 secs left on the shot clock... They blow calls a lot of times, why is this surprising again?

Raps26
05-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Must be cause the refs can't get off of LeBron's nuts

knicks_champ
05-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Brain fart... nothing else. That's all I can come up with.

Lakerhead4ever
05-16-2011, 11:30 PM
any team with d wade on it

strange things will happen

stlbest5in2013
05-16-2011, 11:31 PM

so joel anthony is a moron? im not saying he is, i am asking you if he is.

this post is asinine and should be deleted immediately. making excuses and saying it happens all the damn time.

so in the nfl, if the qb has the ball snapped to him, and a player who was subbed for. is still on the field, the ref should not throw the flag?

same ****, different sport

hater shades? what is there to hate about this maimi team, they have accomplished nothing. to be hated you actually have to have something other people want and are jealous of.

learn the definition of a hater, then go to school ask as teacher if the definition is correct. then come back and tell us what it says.

jrm2054
05-16-2011, 11:32 PM
cheaters

shrek
05-16-2011, 11:47 PM
if the bulls lost by one point it would been a big deal but they won by 21 so no one cares now

urlachermess
05-16-2011, 11:48 PM

jeez sounds like you are still upset that someone pissed in your wheaties..admit it was a mess up by the refs and should have been a tech..and the hater shades comment makes you sound like little girl

Byronicle
05-16-2011, 11:48 PM
hmm i could understand if this was hockey since the arena is bigger, but on a small court like basketball? in a ECF game? seriously?

Bulls_fan90
05-17-2011, 12:07 AM
http://knowyourmeme.com/i/29355/original/U_MAD_obama.JPG?1260037596

Great contribution. I'm sure your 5000+ posts in 6 months are of amazing quality.

championships
05-17-2011, 12:31 AM
I have to think that it was some kind of brain fart. How often do you see something like this called? hardly ever. Maybe they just forgot or were unaware that this was supposed to result in a tech.

Kinda like anything you learn but don't ever use, just kind of slips your mind.

Which is not an excuse for the refs but it's like they say "**** happens".