PDA

View Full Version : Grizz Offseason Thread: Draft/FA/Trades&Trade Ideas

Pages : [1] 2 3

SluggeR
05-15-2011, 07:26 PM
*STICKY* Great season, now it's time to see what the FO does to keep this momentum going. Post offseason news or ideas here. Centering this type of talk in one thread, makes for better posting.

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm sure the FO will be considering trades but I would be ok with leaving it as is, since our PF will be back. I would like to keep Shane!!

SluggeR
05-15-2011, 08:21 PM
There are already rumors surfacing that Rudy Gay is available or should be made available..I TOTALLY DISAGREE. If the Grizz had a healthy Gay, there's a good chance yall would still be playing now. Gay's ability to create for himself and the fact other teams have to game plan on how to stop him, is very valuable.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2011, 10:56 PM
There are already rumors surfacing that Rudy Gay is available or should be made available..I TOTALLY DISAGREE. If the Grizz had a healthy Gay, there's a good chance yall would still be playing now. Gay's ability to create for himself and the fact other teams have to game plan on how to stop him, is very valuable.

I agree. We need to keep Rudy and at least see how well he re-gels with the current team. Not to mention, I don't think we can get anything fair in return for him. (Iggy is not a fair return).

However, We do need to address outside shooting this summer.

Timmayb
05-16-2011, 12:06 AM
I hate to see oj leave but it's gonna happen.. I'm hoping we could get a big perimeter player like Kyle korver Or Evan turner plus a draft pick. If we have to package someone to make this happen I'm down Having a big guard like that would give us great size plus a great knock down shooter who can play D.. What do y'all think.. What can we expect for oj

OnTheBrink
05-16-2011, 04:17 AM
One huge thing the Grizzlies need to do this summer is pay Marc Gasol. I recently started watching and rooting for them, and they've almost become my favorite team. Been a big Magic fan for years and getting frustrated with management so starting to cheer now for the Grizzlies. I don't know the cap room for an extension for Marc, but he needs to be signed before he goes into FA and signs with a rival team.

SluggeR
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Heisley Confident Grizzlies Can Retain Gasol
May 16, 2011 11:06 AM EDT

Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley is optimist his team will be able re-sign Marc Gasol.

"Marc will decide whether he wants to be here," Heisley said.

"We will aggressively go after him. He's a restricted free agent, so we can match whatever's out there. But obviously if Marc wants to leave, I'm going to have a different attitude than if he wants to stay. I hope he wants to stay. And after what we've done in the playoffs, I think he will."

Via ESPN.com

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/213723/Heisley_Confident_Grizzlies_Can_Retain_Gasol#ixzz1 MXhXjX00

Take it how you want it..

BoomBabySlick
05-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Congrats guys on a GREAT season!! The Pacers board has been buzzing about the draft, trades and free agency since Indiana's ouster in the first round. One trade idea that has surfaced involves Danny Granger and Rudy Gay. A lot of Pacers fans feel that Granger's game would fit better with Randolph than Gay's would. The Pacers desperately need a guy that can creat his own shot, so Rudy is obviously someone they would be interested in. I would love to hear your take on possible trades between the Pacers and Grizzlies, speciafically involving Rudy and Mayo.

MrfadeawayJB
05-16-2011, 03:54 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Mayo for McRoberts! Not!!! You guys almost got us with that one!

I would prefer to keep Rudy, i think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Granger

BoomBabySlick
05-16-2011, 04:13 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would prefer to keep Rudy, i think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Granger

lol....yeah, Larry should go to jail for almost pulling that off!! I see Chicago or maybe New York going hard after Mayo.

Bravo95
05-16-2011, 05:07 PM
However, We do need to address outside shooting this summer.

I hate to see oj leave but it's gonna happen.. I'm hoping we could get a big perimeter player like Kyle korver Or Evan turner plus a draft pick. If we have to package someone to make this happen I'm down Having a big guard like that would give us great size plus a great knock down shooter who can play D.. What do y'all think.. What can we expect for oj
How about Joe Johnson?

Top 5 SG, good defender, gives you size in your backcourt + outside shooting. Z-Bo is the #1 option and Joe becomes #2, which is what JJ is more suited to be. Much better floor spacing with Randolph/Gasol's low post scoring and Joe knocking 'em down from long range.

Johnson + a 2nd rd pick for Rudy, Mayo, and Henry (Ran it through the trade machine already without the pick.)

MrfadeawayJB
05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
How about Joe Johnson?

Top 5 SG, good defender, gives you size in your backcourt + outside shooting. Z-Bo is the alpha dog and Joe is his Robin, which is what JJ is more suited to be. Much better floor spacing with Randolph/Gasol's low post scoring and Joe knocking 'em down from long range.

Johnson + a 2nd rd pick for Rudy, Mayo, and Henry (Ran it through the trade machine already without the pick.)

very interesting. I do think Johnson is a great shooter/player, but is also very overpaid. You may be able to get Rudy or Mayo + Henry, but not both Rudy and Mayo.

mzgrizz
05-16-2011, 10:32 PM
One huge thing the Grizzlies need to do this summer is pay Marc Gasol. I recently started watching and rooting for them, and they've almost become my favorite team. Been a big Magic fan for years and getting frustrated with management so starting to cheer now for the Grizzlies. I don't know the cap room for an extension for Marc, but he needs to be signed before he goes into FA and signs with a rival team.

Agree. Sign Gasol=#1 priority

ohreally
05-18-2011, 01:23 AM
I don't know if Boston would do this, but what if you could get Ray Allen and rights to Jeff Green for Gay. Then trade Mayo for JJ Hickson and some 2nds or Mayo for Afflalo or Koufos and a 2nd?

Southsideheat
05-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Kyle Korver or Ronnie Brewer and the Bobcats 2016 unprotected 1st rounder for Mayo?

MrfadeawayJB
05-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Kyle Korver or Ronnie Brewer and the Bobcats 2016 unprotected 1st rounder for Mayo?

we might look at this, but it ticks me off we didnt do a deal with chicago earlier around the deadline when we could have got Gibson, Korver, and a 1st for Mayo

Southsideheat
05-20-2011, 02:11 PM
we might look at this, but it ticks me off we didnt do a deal with chicago earlier around the deadline when we could have got Gibson, Korver, and a 1st for Mayo

well that trade was never going to happen.

J Falk
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
I say keep Mayo...didn't everybody see how he put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs, above all other guards atleast?? That's the kinda player we need...If someone wants Juice they better give us a lottery pick and either a good backup center or a knockdown shooter.

As for Rudy...there's NO WAY we trade him for anything less than a star, seeing that a star is what he is turning into. He's the best clutch player in the league IMO, and contrary to many beliefs, he doesn't have to have the ball all the time...him and ZBo have done just fine averaging 20 pts each..If you watched the Grizzlies as long as I have he'd be your favorite player and you wouldn't want him traded either..

And my opinion on Marc is that he definitely wants to come back to the team that he helped build...He's already proved millions of people wrong, why not continue doing the same thing with the team that had faith in you? He seems like a more loyal person than his douche bag brother anyway...

I'd be jealous if I was every other team in the league...The Grizzlies are set for years to come and will be contenders in the West for a LOOONGGG TIME...

See what happens when you do things the right way, the slow and steady way instead of buyin a bunch of stars and expect them to mesh well?? Memphis is on the map again baby.!!

J Falk
05-20-2011, 04:12 PM
If we trade anybody I say it be Sam Young...he always looks pissed off for some reason, he played horrible in the playoffs, and he can't shoot 3's...

MrfadeawayJB
05-20-2011, 05:30 PM
I say keep Mayo...didn't everybody see how he put the team on his shoulders in the playoffs, above all other guards atleast?? That's the kinda player we need...If someone wants Juice they better give us a lottery pick and either a good backup center or a knockdown shooter.

As for Rudy...there's NO WAY we trade him for anything less than a star, seeing that a star is what he is turning into. He's the best clutch player in the league IMO, and contrary to many beliefs, he doesn't have to have the ball all the time...him and ZBo have done just fine averaging 20 pts each..If you watched the Grizzlies as long as I have he'd be your favorite player and you wouldn't want him traded either..

And my opinion on Marc is that he definitely wants to come back to the team that he helped build...He's already proved millions of people wrong, why not continue doing the same thing with the team that had faith in you? He seems like a more loyal person than his douche bag brother anyway...

I'd be jealous if I was every other team in the league...The Grizzlies are set for years to come and will be contenders in the West for a LOOONGGG TIME...

See what happens when you do things the right way, the slow and steady way instead of buyin a bunch of stars and expect them to mesh well?? Memphis is on the map again baby.!!

I agree with everything you said, but i do think OJ will be traded for along the lines of a backup shooter/big and 1st rd pick.

I am a huge Rudy fan and i think he will make Heisly look like a genius for not trading him. He WILL be a STAR!!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-20-2011, 05:32 PM
If we trade anybody I say it be Sam Young...he always looks pissed off for some reason, he played horrible in the playoffs, and he can't shoot 3's...

I would agree with this, but only if we can get a fair return in talent and contract.

Can we really get a better player than Sam who makes less than $1mil a year?
I dont know about that, i say pick up his option and ride him next season unless a good offer comes up

SluggeR
05-22-2011, 03:22 AM
NYK: Mayo

Grizz: Toney Douglas+Turiaf

This deal would give the Grizz basically two expirings that will give them cap relief and two guys that can help on the court. Turiaf is a high energy back-up center that plays D, rebound, pass, and finish. TD can be used as a back-up pg or 2guard that is fast, can defend, shoot the 3, and is still developing.

I Am Awesome-O
05-22-2011, 04:06 AM

This deal would give the Grizz basically two expirings that will give them cap relief and two guys that can help on the court. Turiaf is a high energy back-up center that plays D, rebound, pass, and finish. TD can be used as a back-up pg or 2guard that is fast, can defend, shoot the 3, and is still developing.

Not interested in this.

MrfadeawayJB
05-22-2011, 10:03 AM

I like the idea of getting a big and a bench scorer, but that is lowballing for Mayo a little bit. His stock is way higher than that

clevelandspride
05-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Just throwing it out to u booby Gibson jj hickson for mayo?

ballouttacntrl
05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
The grizz dont need jj hickson they already have darrell arthur they need a big to give marc relief, they used the 3 man rotation and if we would of had another center (i wish hamed could fill that role but thats just being fan-ish) could of done even more damage! Honestly just my opinion getting andris biedrins for mayo would be sick! Giving us that back up center when marc is getting rest! But thats only if trading mayo is a must cause i love the guy (moment to brag killed him in the post in a open gym at USC) The whole trading gay thing did anyone see cleveland offered the 4th? What a slap in the face to the grizz nation in a very weak draft!

ballouttacntrl
05-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh and i probably should of mentioned no way am i saying mayo for biedrins strait up obviously mayo has more stock then that but that being the starting point would be beneficial!

OnTheBrink
05-23-2011, 05:05 PM
To be honest, the Grizzlies don't need much to contend. They took the Thunder to 7 games, and should've won the series in Memphis, if they won game 3 i believe they lost.

Just keep the core team, Mayo seems to be growing up a bit and turning into a star. This team is young, keep the core together if they can, but if they have to I'd say trade Mayo for a serviceable SG/C combo + a pick. This team can contend. Believe in Memphis!

mzgrizz
05-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Cleveland must be drinking the koolaid to preposterously propose RUDY GAY for the 4th pick??!?!???!?!?

MrfadeawayJB
05-24-2011, 12:20 AM
To be honest, the Grizzlies don't need much to contend. They took the Thunder to 7 games, and should've won the series in Memphis, if they won game 3 i believe they lost.

Just keep the core team, Mayo seems to be growing up a bit and turning into a star. This team is young, keep the core together if they can, but if they have to I'd say trade Mayo for a serviceable SG/C combo + a pick. This team can contend. Believe in Memphis!

this. We dont need to change the roster that much. I do think OJ will need to be traded, because after next year, he will just walk away and we get nothing. We need to get a return on him, so a shooter/backup big will be nice, while clearing up space from Mayo/Battier/Jaric contracts will help us resign Gasol

SluggeR
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
People have to remember that everybody and their momma know that the Griz want to unload Mayo. That does depreciate his value a bit+whatever move the Griz make ,they are trying to save money.

lilojmayo
05-24-2011, 01:38 AM

Game 4, when OJ hit that 3 ball, next play saves the play by hitting it off Harden's head, then hits another clutch 3. It gave me goosebumps when it happened, and I still get goosebumps thinking about it right now. When he realizes his potential.

Game over for the NBA.

ballouttacntrl
05-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Really i cant see why marc would want to leave, the only thing i can think of is if he lets his fellow spanyards fill his head with the old "michael heisley didnt treat us right" if you remember ricky rubio had said he did not want to play for memphis because jaun carlos navarro and pau felt disrespected there or whatever bs they felt mistreated. Wich if even if they were disrespected marc has been shown respect! Besides i would disrespect JCN too he was garbage!!!!! Anyways! And maybe if the rumors are true and jerry west did accept a job with the warriors he can throw us a bone like he did the lakers! OJ for Ellis, biedrins and #11 LOL hey he gave the lakers the homie hookup why not us!

BaddNewz
05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
I say keep mayo and the whole team for another season...nothing beats chemistry and I've actually become a but of a fan since the dismantling of the spurs you guys displayed...rudy would've have taken you'll to the chip imo...with allen and battier you have most teams locked up on the perimeter...and with gasol and zbo gaining more and more understanding of each other you set in the middle...rudy and mayo can spread the D...maybe one or two small pieces off the bench would help but definitely not an absolute need

ballouttacntrl
05-25-2011, 05:21 PM
First cleveland offers the 4th now toronto's bryan colangelo wanting rudy which would most likely mean offering the 5th, what is going on!?!? Just because the grizz had success with out gay why in the world would they assume hes available especiallY after heisley said NO! Does anyone know if the shoulder injury rudy had is one of those that the surgery will never permenantly fix? Cause thats the only way i see rudy being gone! And even if that is the case the 4th or 5th pick really?? Even if toronto came with a deal of bargnani, barbosa and the 5th it would still be a slap in the face!

MrfadeawayJB
05-25-2011, 07:10 PM
^^^^^
teams are just trying to rip us off like many percieved the lakers doing with the pau gasol trade.

I agree, Rudy is better than any player we can get with the 4th pick

DR_1
05-25-2011, 09:16 PM
this. We dont need to change the roster that much. I do think OJ will need to be traded, because after next year, he will just walk away and we get nothing. We need to get a return on him, so a shooter/backup big will be nice, while clearing up space from Mayo/Battier/Jaric contracts will help us resign Gasol

How does Kyle Korver and a future Charlotte first sound?

mzgrizz
05-26-2011, 12:08 AM
Nope
We'll keep Rudy
It's not his shooting arm and he is young;healthy and HUNGRY to be in the Playoffs himself !!

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 12:14 AM
How does Kyle Korver and a future Charlotte first sound?

sounds like a good start...

J Falk
05-26-2011, 02:12 AM
^ Not enough in my opinion if we do chose to trade him...Kyle Korver gets 5 mil a season...we can get a 3 pt shooter via free agency for less than that(Peja Stojakovic, Shawne Williams, Azuibuke, Reggie Williams, or Radmonovic are all possibly free agents this summer)...I think IF we trade OJ we should trade him for a big accomplished backup center(Deandre Jordan/Kaman, Memhet Okur, or Robin Lopez/Gortat might suffice)...we really need another good, big body..and Mayo's value has risen so much that I believe we can get a good one and possibly a 1st as well..

Or we could just keep OJ and sign an older guy that wants to make a last run with a good team...someone like Nazr Mohammed or Samuel Dalembert would probably sign for cheap and fit the role...Go GRIZ!

How bout this team:
Conley/Vasques/Mayo
Allen/Mayo/Henry
Gay/Battier/Shawne Williams(U of M baby!)
Randolph/Arthur/2nd round pick
Gasol/Dalembert/Haddadi

We would absolutely tear it up...

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 11:07 AM
^ Not enough in my opinion if we do chose to trade him...Kyle Korver gets 5 mil a season...we can get a 3 pt shooter via free agency for less than that(Peja Stojakovic, Shawne Williams, Azuibuke, Reggie Williams, or Radmonovic are all possibly free agents this summer)...I think IF we trade OJ we should trade him for a big accomplished backup center(Deandre Jordan/Kaman, Memhet Okur, or Robin Lopez/Gortat might suffice)...we really need another good, big body..and Mayo's value has risen so much that I believe we can get a good one and possibly a 1st as well..

Or we could just keep OJ and sign an older guy that wants to make a last run with a good team...someone like Nazr Mohammed or Samuel Dalembert would probably sign for cheap and fit the role...Go GRIZ!How bout this team:
Conley/Vasques/Mayo
Allen/Mayo/Henry
Gay/Battier/Shawne Williams(U of M baby!)
Randolph/Arthur/2nd round pick
Gasol/Dalembert/Haddadi

We would absolutely tear it up...

I actually think Shawne Williams would be a nice cheap option for us. I also like Reggie Williams as a shooter/6th man type. I think Peja will resign with dallas if he comes back and i def dont want radmonovic or azubuike.

A backup big is a good idea, but Deandre Jordan (FA) will get vastly overpaid in the range of (7-9 mil), while chris Kaman makes $12 mil next year and you dont pay a backup that much. Okur is not a good fit for us do to his style of play. I think our best bet is either Gortat or Lopez. Lopez is already a backup, and only makes $2.8 mil next year w/ a qualifying offer of $4 mil the year after. Gortat has a nice contract as well making $7 mil a year over the next few years, but he wont want to leave Nash.

Lastly Mohammed is gettable, but Dalembert prob not. I can almost gaurentee he goes to MIA for the mid level exception (assuming it exists after cba).

I have faith in the team and will support whatever decison they make. Go Grizz!!!

Southsideheat
05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
I actually think Shawne Williams would be a nice cheap option for us. I also like Reggie Williams as a shooter/6th man type. I think Peja will resign with dallas if he comes back and i def dont want radmonovic or azubuike.

A backup big is a good idea, but Deandre Jordan (FA) will get vastly overpaid in the range of (7-9 mil), while chris Kaman makes $12 mil next year and you dont pay a backup that much. Okur is not a good fit for us do to his style of play. I think our best bet is either Gortat or Lopez. Lopez is already a backup, and only makes $2.8 mil next year w/ a qualifying offer of $4 mil the year after. Gortat has a nice contract as well making $7 mil a year over the next few years, but he wont want to leave Nash.

Lastly Mohammed is gettable, but Dalembert prob not. I can almost gaurentee he goes to MIA for the mid level exception (assuming it exists after cba).

I have faith in the team and will support whatever decison they make. Go Grizz!!!

I think the Grizzlies are at the point where they need an established 3-point shooter in Korver. Save a few bucks on that trade to re-sign Gasol.

GrizzOfAnarchy
05-26-2011, 02:52 PM
I would like to resign Marc Gasol, I don't see why Gasol wants to leave as he seems to be happy with Grizz Nation. I think he will get better & he's the one who helped Z-Bo to clear the path to score quickly, which make him looks easy.
There's no doubt that Rudy Gay will NOT trade. I love how he do for the Grizz Nation. One of my favorite player to watch & I love how he beat the buzzer & in his face of LeBron James for the win. Anyhoo, we would beat Thunder's ***** if Rudy Gay is playing. Heck, we might even beat Mavs! Tough to see Rudy Gay not play his first playoff for Grizzlies, but he will be back next season, hopefully there's no NBA LOCKOUT.
I personally would like to trade Sam Young, & Henry, keep Battier & Mayo. We will need backup C and backup SG. I like Tony Allen as starter SG, his killer defender is good enough. I don't mind if we get Kaman or Jordan from Clippers & "Birdman" Anderson from Nuggets because of his defense. I'm not sure about backup SG, I was thinking Jamal Crawford from Hawks...

J Falk
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
^^with TA and OJ here we don't really need to worry about a backup SG...and I still say hold onto Xavier for another year and see how he progresses, the guy's only 20.

You're definitely, probably right about Dalembert, but who really knows??

So would you then be happy if we recieved Brooke Lopez and the 13th overall for Mayo and Haddadi? This move would allow us to resign Battier, Gasol, bring back Sam and get a Shawne Williams type player 4sure...we could then spend that 13th on a Jimmer Fredette type pg/sg that can come in and change the game with his shot..

Conley/Vasq/Jimmer
TA/Sam/Henry
Rudy/Shane/Shawne W
ZBo/DA
Marc/Robin Lopez/draft pick

I really like the sound of this as well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...and these damn lockouts are going to drive me crazy before long!!! agghh!!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
^^with TA and OJ here we don't really need to worry about a backup SG...and I still say hold onto Xavier for another year and see how he progresses, the guy's only 20.

You're definitely, probably right about Dalembert, but who really knows??

So would you then be happy if we recieved Brooke Lopez and the 13th overall for Mayo and Haddadi? This move would allow us to resign Battier, Gasol, bring back Sam and get a Shawne Williams type player 4sure...we could then spend that 13th on a Jimmer Fredette type pg/sg that can come in and change the game with his shot..

Conley/Vasq/Jimmer
TA/Sam/Henry
Rudy/Shane/Shawne W
ZBo/DA
Marc/Robin Lopez/draft pick

I really like the sound of this as well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...and these damn lockouts are going to drive me crazy before long!!! agghh!!!

yes this trade sounds good to me. I would prefer to get a proven shooter like Kyle Korver, but there are a few FA out there (Shawne Williams) who could also fit the role. Maybe try to steal a guy like DaeQuan Cook from the thunder, or Deshawn stevenson from dallas. There are always D-League talents out there for shooting (ie, Gary Neal), so who knows. I would do that OJ & Haddadi trade for Lopez & 13th pick. who knows maybe we could convince phx that this draft is weak and we also want a future 2nd rd pick.

ballouttacntrl
05-26-2011, 09:30 PM
J falk you did mean to say ROBIN LOPEZ right? Im sure you did, no way your getting brook for oj.

MrfadeawayJB
05-26-2011, 09:40 PM
J falk you did mean to say ROBIN LOPEZ right? Im sure you did, no way your getting brook for oj.

yeah thats what he meant. Robin aka "the caveman" Lopez

MrfadeawayJB
05-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey who do you guys think we should draft?

I know we have the 49th pick, but who would you like to see in a grizz uniform next year?

Any players you would like to see us trade up for and get in the 1st round?

MrfadeawayJB
05-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Around the 49th pick i would like to get backup big such as Keith Benson (6'11) Oakland or Jamie Skeen (6'9) from VCU. There are a few good shooter too such as Scotty Hopson (6'7) Tennessee and Gary Flowers (6'8) from Southern Miss. who many Memphis Tiger fans are familiar with (from C-USA)

ballouttacntrl
05-27-2011, 08:16 PM
If he falls that far, Jeremy Tyler, skipped his college career at louisville to go play in overseas, read a couple different rumors why he skipped college but i dont really care picking at the 49th pick is worth a gamble. Got great size at 6'10 245 and super young, and again picking 49 you can afford to take a risk. Dont get me wrong hes definetly a project tho!

ballouttacntrl
05-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Just looked his (jeremy tyler) recent combine measurments 6'11 260 with a 7'5 wingspan. They say that was heavy for him so im sure they put him on a program to work down to a playing weight and from how hes talking hes got a chip on his shoulder with something to prove.

mzgrizz
05-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Maybe another European That Wallace might be scouting ?

MrfadeawayJB
05-28-2011, 01:21 AM
Just looked his (jeremy tyler) recent combine measurments 6'11 260 with a 7'5 wingspan. They say that was heavy for him so im sure they put him on a program to work down to a playing weight and from how hes talking hes got a chip on his shoulder with something to prove.

yeah i remember him. He was at one point the top player in his class. He then decided to skip his senior year in hs and go play in europe, (soon after Brandon Jennings made this transition). He was not as sucessful, but i think he came back & played in the D-league. Either way, we may be able to get him, and he is young and Raw. I wouldnt mind getting him

MrfadeawayJB
05-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Maybe another European That Wallace might be scouting ?

could be possible. Hellcrooner seems to beleive that after the top 2-3 european players, the rest our busts in the NBA. But hey, with the 49th pick why not take a risk. There has been foriegn players that have been drafted late and succeeded greatly

Luis Scola 56th overall
Zaza pachulia 42nd overall
mehmet okur 37th overall
Andres Nocioni, undrafted
Ersan Illyasova 36th overall
Marcin Gortat 57th overall
Manu Ginoboli 57th overall
Lou Admundson undrafted

TheHighLife
05-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Don't make any trades! You made it to the second round and didnt even have Rudy Gay. Imagine how much better you will be with him playing.

MrfadeawayJB
05-29-2011, 09:52 AM
^^^^^^^^
oh yeah beleive me i know, others are delusional if they think the grizz our better without rudy

mzgrizz
05-29-2011, 05:17 PM
could be possible. Hellcrooner seems to beleive that after the top 2-3 european players, the rest our busts in the NBA. But hey, with the 49th pick why not take a risk. There has been foriegn players that have been drafted late and succeeded greatly

Luis Scola 56th overall
Zaza pachulia 42nd overall
mehmet okur 37th overall
Andres Nocioni, undrafted
Ersan Illyasova 36th overall
Marcin Gortat 57th overall
Manu Ginoboli 57th overall
Lou Admundson undrafted

Great summary fadeaway ! I think that might be the ciurse.

I Am Awesome-O
05-29-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm all for taking a Euro prospect at 49 and stashing him for a couple of years in hopes that he will develop. That, or Isaiah Thomas from Washington.

MrfadeawayJB
05-29-2011, 10:33 PM
If we go backup pg, (although we should go with a vet), i would like us to look at Iman Shumpert from Georgia Tech. The guy is 6'5, combo guard, and was an absolute stud at the draft workouts. He had one of the highest verts and bench presses

I Am Awesome-O
05-29-2011, 10:40 PM
If we go backup pg, (although we should go with a vet), i would like us to look at Iman Shumpert from Georgia Tech. The guy is 6'5, combo guard, and was an absolute stud at the draft workouts. He had one of the highest verts and bench presses

That would be sensational, but will he still be around at 49?

MrfadeawayJB
05-29-2011, 11:29 PM
according to nbadraft.net he is at 48....but his stock is rising!

ballouttacntrl
05-30-2011, 01:10 AM
So real quick just read a report on the bleacher report and its so frustrating why these talks of rudy gay are still happening but anyways back to the point the whole topic was 15 reason the grizzlies should trade gay to the cavs and it was such bs they were making the scenarios seem like the grizzlies would be fools for not biting on the deal. The only deal that would be fair for us would have to start with including the #1. And since it doesnt seem like theyre going every where but that option its a dead horse i encourage you guys read these 15 scenarios for a good laugh http://bleacherreport.com/articles/716300-nba-15-ways-the-cleveland-cavaliers-can-land-rudy-gay

MrfadeawayJB
05-30-2011, 12:36 PM
bleacherreport is uncredible and it was prob written by a cavs fan

MrfadeawayJB
05-30-2011, 12:41 PM
Any trade to Cleveland involving Baron Davis or Antawn Jamison is foolish. Why would we want washed up old timers? I wouldnt even take the #1 pick for rudy. Rudy is a sure thing at this point and will only improve. What if we draft a bust (thabeet) we have a history of doing that. I would only consider this if we went with Rudy Gay for #1 pick and #4 pick both.

GrizzOfAnarchy
05-30-2011, 01:55 PM
my guts telling me that the Grizzlies will match with any other offer to make Marc Gasol stays with Grind house because I don't think there's many good Center out there yet. Once we get him again, we would have to trade OJ Mayo to save up cap space. I don't think we will get good as him from SG from the trade. Hopefully we can get good SG from free agent like Jamal Crawford from Hawks or Shannon Brown from Lakers. I would love Monte Ellis from Golden State because of his speed, perhaps the best slash to the basket to help us to matchup better from playoff like put the stop on Thunder' Westbrook it won't work that way because Ellis cost too much. Mike Conley improved a lot so hopefully Conley work his way to improve his defense since Westbrook speed kill him, same as Spurs' Parker & Hill everywhere on Conley. At least Grizzlies is good as any teams in playoff.

mzgrizz
05-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Good analysis, anarchy. Except I thought MC held his own pretty well with TP. I do agree he needs to work on his foot work and speed. That's when we saw Ish come off the bench. Anyone know what's Ish's status is with us?

GrizzOfAnarchy
05-30-2011, 03:25 PM
Not sure about Ish, I've not seen him playing that much tho...

MrfadeawayJB
05-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Ish has 1 year remaining on his contract worth 788k

J Falk
05-31-2011, 01:13 AM
yeah, but I don't really have much interest in bringing Ish back...I've seen him play and just don't see any potential...we could package him, haddadi and oj if we did choose to trade...that would be an extra 8.5 mil to get a backup center and 3pt shooter...

And of coarse I meant Robin lol...Robin would be a great backup center...

Keith Benson is on top of my list for our 2nd round pick...he would be another big body just in case one of our bigs got hurt...and we could throw him in on blowouts to progress him..

I'm just not really interested in bringing in another shorter big guy though...we need height against teams like dallas and l.a. and although Haddadi can score, we need one that will deny shots inside...

MrfadeawayJB
05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
yeah, but I don't really have much interest in bringing Ish back...I've seen him play and just don't see any potential...we could package him, haddadi and oj if we did choose to trade...that would be an extra 8.5 mil to get a backup center and 3pt shooter...

And of coarse I meant Robin lol...Robin would be a great backup center...

Keith Benson is on top of my list for our 2nd round pick...he would be another big body just in case one of our bigs got hurt...and we could throw him in on blowouts to progress him..

I'm just not really interested in bringing in another shorter big guy though...we need height against teams like dallas and l.a. and although Haddadi can score, we need one that will deny shots inside...

Benson is at the top of my list as well. I also agree that Ish should be traded, most likely in a package deal. I wouldnt mind keeping Hadaddi though, but i would take robin lopez over him. i would like to see us go get a vet pg for 2nd/3rd string to help progress conley and vasquez

J Falk
05-31-2011, 01:23 PM
^^heard that...just as long as they resign Marc and don't trade Rudy I'll be ok..

mzgrizz
05-31-2011, 10:14 PM
^^heard that...just as long as they resign Marc and don't trade Rudy I'll be ok..

Amen brother!!!

cyclonw
05-31-2011, 11:05 PM
My suggestion would be to trade Conley and Mayo for Stephen Curry and Dorell Wright. In this case we have 2 good outside shooters with height. I am a bit hesitant on Gay coming from injury and not sure if he will be that explosive as he was. With that I think Memphis should try to listen to other teams trade proposal. Maybe Gay for Gallinari , 1st round pick, Ty Lawson. This way we save money to re-sign Gasol but hopefully not that huge maybe around 9-10M a year. Try to lure Rudy Fernandez and gamble on Greg Oden for a minimal contract. and definitely re-sign Battier coz he brings a lot that may not be seen in stats sheets

So the lineup would be:

PG - S. Curry , Lawson
SG - Allen , Fernandez, Henry , Battier
SF- Gallinari , Wright
PF - Randolph , Arthur
C - Gasol, Oden ,

Definitely this is a new look memphis and a big gamble on the
team chemistry. but on the good side we have now good outside presence needed to free up Gasol and Randolph or maybe Oden (if it works)

MrfadeawayJB
06-01-2011, 12:03 AM
My suggestion would be to trade Conley and Mayo for Stephen Curry and Dorell Wright. In this case we have 2 good outside shooters with height. I am a bit hesitant on Gay coming from injury and not sure if he will be that explosive as he was. With that I think Memphis should try to listen to other teams trade proposal. Maybe Gay for Gallinari , 1st round pick, Ty Lawson. This way we save money to re-sign Gasol but hopefully not that huge maybe around 9-10M a year. Try to lure Rudy Fernandez and gamble on Greg Oden for a minimal contract. and definitely re-sign Battier coz he brings a lot that may not be seen in stats sheets

So the lineup would be:

PG - S. Curry , Lawson
SG - Allen , Fernandez, Henry , Battier
SF- Gallinari , Wright
PF - Randolph , Arthur
C - Gasol, Oden ,

Definitely this is a new look memphis and a big gamble on the
team chemistry. but on the good side we have now good outside presence needed to free up Gasol and Randolph or maybe Oden (if it works)

welcome to psd cyclonw!!! I agree we should look for some outside shooting and possible help off the bench as Rudy may not be near 100%. I seriously doubt that Golden State would even consider trading curry & Wright for OJ and Conley, although i would do it lol. I do like the idea of getting a player like Rudy Fernandez that could spread the floor and help Gasol feel more comfortable in memphis (played together for team spain). I would like to see a guy like Oden as a backup, but i am sure there is a team out there ready to throw a decent contract his way, because it could be a huge reward if he pans out.

cyclonw
06-01-2011, 02:43 AM
welcome to psd cyclonw!!! I agree we should look for some outside shooting and possible help off the bench as Rudy may not be near 100%. I seriously doubt that Golden State would even consider trading curry & Wright for OJ and Conley, although i would do it lol. I do like the idea of getting a player like Rudy Fernandez that could spread the floor and help Gasol feel more comfortable in memphis (played together for team spain). I would like to see a guy like Oden as a backup, but i am sure there is a team out there ready to throw a decent contract his way, because it could be a huge reward if he pans out.

Thank you MrfadeawayJB for welcoming me. I agree with you on Oden.
Maybe Memphis could use their midlevel exception for him. At least in memphis, the pressure on Oden may not be that high since we have Gasol and Randolph already so he can slowly work himself up and get back into full strength. another suggestion or maybe this is stupid is to trade Randolph and Gay for Howard thru a sign and trade deal. 2 huge contracts for a price of one elite star. imagine having a lineup of curry, Allen, Gallinari, Howard and Gasol. coming of the bench Lawson, Fernandez, Wright, Arhtur and Oden. If the trade with Golden State does work then probably package Randolph, Mayo and Young for Howard.

cyclonw
06-01-2011, 08:26 AM
very interesting. I do think Johnson is a great shooter/player, but is also very overpaid. You may be able to get Rudy or Mayo + Henry, but not both Rudy and Mayo.

Personally not Joe Johnson. Trading both Rudy and Mayo is too much and not good for memphis in the long run. I'd rather go for Granger for Rudy or perhaps Batum, Fernandez and Oden and 1st rnd pick for Rudy, or to Denver for Gallinari, Lawson, Mosgov and a 1st rnd pick for Rudy.

JPHX
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
yes this trade sounds good to me. I would prefer to get a proven shooter like Kyle Korver, but there are a few FA out there (Shawne Williams) who could also fit the role. Maybe try to steal a guy like DaeQuan Cook from the thunder, or Deshawn stevenson from dallas. There are always D-League talents out there for shooting (ie, Gary Neal), so who knows. I would do that OJ & Haddadi trade for Lopez & 13th pick. who knows maybe we could convince phx that this draft is weak and we also want a future 2nd rd pick.

How bout this?

Suns Get: Josh Smith

Grizz Get: Aaron Brooks S&T

Hawks Get: O.J Mayo, Michael Pietrus, Suns 1st

solidifies the guard rotation, resign battier. pick up a free agent big to back Gasol

Conley/Brooks/Vasquez
Allen/Young/Henry
Gay/Battier
ZBo/Arthur
Gasol/FA

i think thats a good balance of offense/defense.

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 01:23 PM
How bout this?

Suns Get: Josh Smith

Grizz Get: Aaron Brooks S&T

Hawks Get: O.J Mayo, Michael Pietrus, Suns 1st

solidifies the guard rotation, resign battier. pick up a free agent big to back Gasol

Conley/Brooks/Vasquez
Allen/Young/Henry
Gay/Battier
ZBo/Arthur
Gasol/FA

i think thats a good balance of offense/defense.

This would instantly make conley/ Brooks expendable. I wouldnt play them together, but im sure brooks could be a monster 6th man. My problem with that is what kind of money is Brooks looking for. If it is more than $7 mil a year we are in just as big of a hole as we were with OJ mayo and his salary.

*Silver&Black*
06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
As a Hawks fan, I would love Mayo (and some cap space for Nene). Suns want Josh Smith. You all need an outside shooter. Anyway to make that happen for all 3?

JPHX
06-02-2011, 04:17 PM
This would instantly make conley/ Brooks expendable. I wouldnt play them together, but im sure brooks could be a monster 6th man. My problem with that is what kind of money is Brooks looking for. If it is more than $7 mil a year we are in just as big of a hole as we were with OJ mayo and his salary.

no way Brooks gets $7mil on the open market. i would say worse case is 4-5mil. if he gets more than that from another team then props to him. then you guys can resign Battier for like $2mil.

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 05:02 PM
no way Brooks gets $7mil on the open market. i would say worse case is 4-5mil. if he gets more than that from another team then props to him. then you guys can resign Battier for like $2mil.

If your right about that $4-5 mil. i would do it....i just know he is a starter type of player. Battier might want more than $2 mil, but who knows he might want to stick around for another shot

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 05:10 PM
As a Hawks fan, I would love Mayo (and some cap space for Nene). Suns want Josh Smith. You all need an outside shooter. Anyway to make that happen for all 3?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=627uzjs

dont think it would go through though.... unless pietrus's option is picked up then he goes to the grizz instead of teague. Of course picks would be involved too

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-02-2011, 05:13 PM
I read the rumors part where Bulls & Grizzlies want Monte Ellis. I'm love the idea how Monte Ellis to the Grizzlies, but theres no doubt that Grizzlies will easily trade OJ Mayo & perhaps future draft/cash...
Now, let be real, where will Monte Ellis fit in? Mike Conley is in starting lineup as PG & TA is SG. I already love how TA brings his game, he probably one of the best Grizzlies defense player. Mike Conley improves every year, he still lacks in foot speed tho' but the way of his playing style was very decent & great decision on passing ability & shooting. If Monte Ellis trade to the Grizzlies, will he accepts the role of being 6th man? I love Ellis as slasher playmaker, perhaps the best slasher player than Westbrook from Thunder & his speed. The problem is, will he be starting PG over Conley or over SG TA? I'm curious of how you all Grizz fans think what Grizz should do with Ellis?

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I love Ellis too and think he gets a bad wrap. The guy is very talented, without a doubt. I just dont think he is right for the Grizz. If he did join the team he would be a 6th man playing both pg/sg. I think he could easily play 35-40 min a night off the bench

*Silver&Black*
06-02-2011, 06:54 PM
You don't want Brooks with Conley, but Teague with Conley? The idea was for Teague/Mayo to share the backcourt in Atlanta.

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 08:02 PM
^^^^^^^^^

I dont like that trade in particular either...

I would like to trade OJ & Haddadi for Robin Lopez and the #13 pick

*Silver&Black*
06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Hawks get: OJ Mayo, Pietrus, Haddadi, Carter (for contract reasons)

Grizz get: Robin Lopez, 13th pick

Suns get: Josh Smith, Joe Johnson

cyclonw
06-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Regarding Ellis, personally we can't have both. I'd just stick with Conley or get Ellis.
We don't need to maintain these 2 contracts. We can get a good shooter with much less contract someone like Fernandez, D. Cook, R. Williams or Dudley. But then again we should not rush in trading Mayo not until we have the status on Marc. Personally I would prefer to have Curry than Ellis. Curry and Williams for Conley and Mayo.

MrfadeawayJB
06-02-2011, 11:58 PM
^^^^^^^^

I would do that but it wouldnt happen

sunsfan88
06-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Would you guys do this?

Lopez, #13, Brooks (s&t) and Pietrus (replacement for Battier who is a FA) to Memphis for Mayo and Arthur.

cyclonw
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Would you guys do this?

Lopez, #13, Brooks (s&t) and Pietrus (replacement for Battier who is a FA) to Memphis for Mayo and Arthur.

Tempting. we have now a backup center and slide in Powe to be the backup PF.
we know Powe even with his age he has experience during boston time. as for Brooks, not unless he keeps his head low and accept the role as a backup PG ,he could really help memphis. Personally, I love Battier to be back, his contributions may not be seen in the stat sheets but he brings balance, toughness and maturity to the team. Pietrus is a good player too but other teams could benefit more from him

MrfadeawayJB
06-06-2011, 11:40 AM
^^^^
thats a tough one. I would love to get Lopez for backup C, as he is a upgrade over hadaddi. Brooks can be a 6th man and score off the bench, but he and conley cannot be on the court at the same time ...ever. Pietrus is better overall than Battier at his age, but Battier brings intangibles that just cant be measured. The main problem with this is Arthur. If we trade him, we have no scorer off the bench except brooks (assuming he can score off the bench). I would still go with the main trade proposed:

Mayo+ Hadaddi for Lopez+ 13th pick.

mzgrizz
06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^ Agreed

J Falk
06-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Yep...definitely wouldn't trade Arthur either...how bout Steve Nash and Lopez for Conley OJ and Haddadi? very unrealistic but I think it'd be awesome lol

cyclonw
06-08-2011, 07:50 AM
Yep...definitely wouldn't trade Arthur either...how bout Steve Nash and Lopez for Conley OJ and Haddadi? very unrealistic but I think it'd be awesome lol

For me this is good for both teams but im not sure if Phoenix will be willing to include Lopez if Memphis don't include Arthur. Phoenix need a PF now and Arthur could fill that role.

In the short run maybe 1 to 2 years, this will really help memphis but then again they should look for another PG to man this spot in the near future and i think Vasquez has that potential. Nash could help develop Vasquez and Vasquez on the other hand should try to learn from him while he is around. Nash is one of the greatest pure PG in the game. This trade will also give Nash a chance to contend for a championship. I maybe thinking way too much here but I firmly believe Memphis will have a chance specially if they can keep Gasol and Gay will be back as his usual self.

I say go ahead and make this deal.

J Falk
06-08-2011, 02:26 PM
There's no way I'd give up Arthur though, his potential is through the roof!! We are now being thrown into the Monta Ellis trade discussion again...I wonder if OJ and a future first would be enough to get him or if they'd want Arthur as well? Sometimes I wonder if our team even needs a ball hog like Monta though...we seem to strive off team work and when Rudy comes back, he'll be the man...thoughts??

MrfadeawayJB
06-08-2011, 09:52 PM
^^^
I do beleive Rudy will be the man when we come back, so we dont need a ball stopper like monta. As far as the Steve Nash for Conley/OJ, i wouldnt do it. Yes Nash is a future hall of famer, but how would he play here. First of all, he is on the decline, second he will not thrive here like he does in phx. We just dont have the personel. Of course are bigs can catch ball well, but we are not very athletic up front.

mzgrizz
06-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Nope; have to keep MC and Arthur

I Am Awesome-O
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
The best I think the Grizz can offer in an Ellis deal would be something like Conley/Mayo for Ellis, with Conley and/or Mayo perhaps going to a third team to net the Warriors a big man.

I question the potential fit Ellis has on this team and with Lionel Hollins. I'd personally take the gamble on a Conley/Mayo for Ellis deal because of the sheer amount of offensive potency a lineup of Ellis/Allen/Gay/Randolph/Gasol would bring. However, Hollins would possibly and understandably balk at the notion of giving up Conley's mental dexterity and leadership for a guy that isn't a true PG and could easily butt heads with him.

mzgrizz
06-09-2011, 11:50 PM
Ugh I wouldn't give up MC and Mayo for Monta.

I Am Awesome-O
06-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Ugh I wouldn't give up MC and Mayo for Monta.

Completely understandable.

Branwegner84
06-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey guys, I'm a CHI fan. I have a three team trade between MEM, DEN, and CHI on draft day. Let me know what you think, try not to tear into me to much.

MEM trades OJ Mayo. MEM receives Chris Anderson and CHI 2011 28th pick and 2013 1st round pick.

DEN trades S&T JR Smith, Chris Anderson, and 22nd pick. DEN receives Ronnie Brewer, Omer Asik, and CHI 2011 30th pick.

CHI trades Ronnie Brewer, Omer Asik, and picks. CHI receives OJ Mayo, JR Smith, and 22nd pick.

MEM does this trade because on June 30th they have no centers sign for next season and no 1st round picks to draft one. This gives them a good cheap defensive center to backup Gasol. They have plenty of wing players, so losing Mayo wouldn't hurt as much. Plus, they gain a draft pick this year and in 2013.

DEN does this trade because they get great value. They trade their backup center, a player they weren't likely to re-sign, and exchange 1st round picks and get a younger center and backup SG to replace the player they were already going to lose.

CHI does this trade because it solidify there weakest position and it makes sure that going in the new CBA that's their weakest position is filled incase they get rid of the MLE.

MEM Depth Chart
Conley/ Vasquez
Allen/ Young/ Henry
Gay/ Battier
Randolph/ Arthur
Gasol/ Anderson

DEN Depth Chart
Lawson/ Felton
Afflalo/ Brewer
Chandler/Gallinari
Nene/ Harrington
Asik/ Mozgov/ Koufos

CHI Depth Chart
Rose/ Watson
Mayo/ Smith
Deng/ Korver
Boozer/ Taj
Noah/ Thomas

lilojmayo
06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm a CHI fan. I have a three team trade between MEM, DEN, and CHI on draft day. Let me know what you think, try not to tear into me to much.

MEM trades OJ Mayo. MEM receives Chris Anderson and CHI 2011 28th pick and 2013 1st round pick.

DEN trades S&T JR Smith, Chris Anderson, and 22nd pick. DEN receives Ronnie Brewer, Omer Asik, and CHI 2011 30th pick.

CHI trades Ronnie Brewer, Omer Asik, and picks. CHI receives OJ Mayo, JR Smith, and 22nd pick.

MEM does this trade because on June 30th they have no centers sign for next season and no 1st round picks to draft one. This gives them a good cheap defensive center to backup Gasol. They have plenty of wing players, so losing Mayo wouldn't hurt as much. Plus, they gain a draft pick this year and in 2013.

DEN does this trade because they get great value. They trade their backup center, a player they weren't likely to re-sign, and exchange 1st round picks and get a younger center and backup SG to replace the player they were already going to lose.

CHI does this trade because it solidify there weakest position and it makes sure that going in the new CBA that's their weakest position is filled incase they get rid of the MLE.

MEM Depth Chart
Conley/ Vasquez
Allen/ Young/ Henry
Gay/ Battier
Randolph/ Arthur
Gasol/ Anderson

DEN Depth Chart
Lawson/ Felton
Afflalo/ Brewer
Chandler/Gallinari
Nene/ Harrington
Asik/ Mozgov/ Koufos

CHI Depth Chart
Rose/ Watson
Mayo/ Smith
Deng/ Korver
Boozer/ Taj
Noah/ Thomas

Bulls commit some serious high way robbery acquired the biggest talent in OJ Mayo and the 2nd biggest talent in JR Smith.

but unlike 95% of trade proposal by fans it actually makes some sense. Grizz get a backup big ( ala their McRoberts) and future draft picks.
While Nuggets get something without loosing JR for nothing.
Bulls get a playmaker/shotmaker in OJ Mayo and shotmaker i JR Smith.

If Paxson can pull something like that off he deserve GM of the year right on the spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qknYlVnzP4

Deezy3
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
I really hope we don't trade OJ. We don't *need* Monta, we've got scorers especially with Rudy back.

mzgrizz
06-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Personally I can't figure out what to do with OJ. Most of the time I want to keep him but there won't be the big contract moneyfor him here in another year and I'd like to see him succeed.

MrfadeawayJB
06-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I would not do the trade proposed for this reason. I use three criteria in looking for a trade partner(s) for OJ Mayo. 1) Do we fill our needs, 2) Do we get cap releif (to resign Gasol long term) 3) Do we get young assets/draft picks.

In the proposed trade, we would get the 28th pick and a future 1st rd pick. Thats nice assets, but not in the weakest projected draft. Not to mention i would almost rather have a 2nd rd pick in the beginning of the 2nd rd because i beleive that 1st rd picks get larger bonuses??? or something guarenteed... We do get depth at the pf/c position with aged chris anderson, but we do not solve our most dire need...3pt shooting. I sincerly beleive we can accomplish all 3 things with 1 trade partner. Trade OJ for a shooter, backup big, and future pick

BullsFTW
06-12-2011, 03:15 AM
What would it take for the Bulls to get OJ?

Would Expiring Contracts + Cap Room + Draft Picks be enough?

I mean Marc is due for an extension and OJ as well, I'm pretty sure the management has decided they like Marc more.

Branwegner84
06-12-2011, 01:40 PM
I would not do the trade proposed for this reason. I use three criteria in looking for a trade partner(s) for OJ Mayo. 1) Do we fill our needs, 2) Do we get cap releif (to resign Gasol long term) 3) Do we get young assets/draft picks.

In the proposed trade, we would get the 28th pick and a future 1st rd pick. Thats nice assets, but not in the weakest projected draft. Not to mention i would almost rather have a 2nd rd pick in the beginning of the 2nd rd because i beleive that 1st rd picks get larger bonuses??? or something guarenteed... We do get depth at the pf/c position with aged chris anderson, but we do not solve our most dire need...3pt shooting. I sincerly beleive we can accomplish all 3 things with 1 trade partner. Trade OJ for a shooter, backup big, and future pick

I respect your opinion and as I thought up this trade, I made sure to think of all the teams needs. The I reasons I didn't add a three point shooter coming to you guys in a trade are the follow:

1) I didn't want to add more salaries. With a new CBA coming up, Gasol getting a new contract, and more than likely Battier also getting a new contract, I wanted to give you guys flexibility. I figured a 28th pick would get a contract of around $1,156,080, $1,195,680, $2,153,420, Q-$3,178,447. Then you add Gasol new contract of around $10 to $12 million per year. Maybe another $4.5 to $5 million for Battier. Plus, Chris Anderson's $4,234,000. That would be bring you team salary around $57 or $58 million.

2) I didn't want to add more wing players. Your team seamed to have good chemistry and nice groove at the end of the year. I didn't want to mess that up by add another wing player. Plus, you guys already have great depth at the wings with Gay, Battier, Allen, Young, and Henry.

3) Part of the reasoning for adding the picks, not only because you deserve the pick, but to add assets. Yes, this is a weak draft, but I figured your team could go a couple of ways with it. You add a player like PF Justin Harper, who would add even more depth at PF, but he's also a shooter; 44% from behind the arc. Or a center to groom (Lucas Nogueira). Or trade that player(or future pick) and Greivis Vasquez at the deadline for Luke Ridnour (a 44% 3pt shooter last season). Letting you guys go into the playoffs with a depth chart of something like this:

Conley/ Ridnour/ 2nd round pick (Mack)
Allen/ Young/ Henry
Gay/ Battier
Randolph/ Arthur/ 1st round pick (Harper)
Gasol/ Anderson

Either way, as I said before, I respect your opinion. I thought the trade would benefit you guys and everyone else.

mzgrizz
06-12-2011, 06:47 PM
This is why I'm happy not being an NBA GM

Heisman69
06-13-2011, 02:19 PM

OJ Mayo and X. Henry (to make salaries match) for Martell Webster, Anthony Tolliver, and pick no. 20, and cash considerations?

I Am Awesome-O
06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
OJ Mayo and X. Henry (to make salaries match) for Martell Webster, Anthony Tolliver, and pick no. 20, and cash considerations?

Not even close. For the Wolves to get Mayo and Henry, it'd take something like Beasley and Ellington.

Heisman69
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM
Not even close. For the Wolves to get Mayo and Henry, it'd take something like Beasley and Ellington.

Works for me. Not sure how good Henry has been i just tossed him in there for salaries. But yeah I'd be up for trading Beasley and Ellington for Mayo and filler, makes room for Derrick Williams and fills a need at the SG spot.

I Am Awesome-O
06-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Works for me. Not sure how good Henry has been i just tossed him in there for salaries. But yeah I'd be up for trading Beasley and Ellington for Mayo and filler, makes room for Derrick Williams and fills a need at the SG spot.

I may be in the minority that would do a trade like this as a Grizz fan, because Beasley is such a polarizing player. I love Beasley's upside and think he could be a monster for Memphis if he bought into the team and Lionel Hollins. Also, Ellington would give us that knock-down three point shooter that we sorely lacked in the playoffs.

As for Henry, I really like him as a prospect, but I'd be willing to give him up in a Mayo deal if it got the Grizzlies Beasley. FWIW, there are plenty of Memphis fans that regard him as a better prospect at SG than OJ Mayo. I don't, but I understand the argument.

Anyway, Beasley/Ellington for Mayo/Henry sounds good to me.

Heisman69
06-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Well, nice doing business with ya. Too bad we aren't GMs...

I Am Awesome-O
06-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Well, nice doing business with ya. Too bad we aren't GMs...

:cry:

Heater4life
06-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Whats up with Battier? Does he re-sign? Do you guys want him back?

mzgrizz
06-16-2011, 10:13 PM
We want him back but signing Gasol is priority #1 and all else comes afterwards. If Shane will take a reasonable 3rd contract, I would be HAPPY!!!!!

Kyben36
06-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Bulls send TAj gibson, Omer ASik, CJ watson, 28th and 30th pick
Bulls get OJ mayo and Ed DAvis

Memphis Sends OJ mayo
Memphis gets Jarred Bayless and taj gibson

Toronto sends Jarred Bayless and Ed DAvis
Toronto gets Omer asik, CJ watson, 28th and 30th pick.

I got this off of a trade said to be talked about with bulls and raptors.

MrfadeawayJB
06-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Bulls send TAj gibson, Omer ASik, CJ watson, 28th and 30th pick
Bulls get OJ mayo and Ed DAvis

Memphis Sends OJ mayo
Memphis gets Jarred Bayless and taj gibson

Toronto sends Jarred Bayless and Ed DAvis
Toronto gets Omer asik, CJ watson, 28th and 30th pick.

I got this off of a trade said to be talked about with bulls and raptors.

I like Bayless and Gibson both. I feel like Bayless can be a 6th man scorer at combo guard (ie. JJ Barea), and Gibson is solid too. Picks may need to go to memphis as well and it could be a done deal

mzgrizz
06-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Ok with me. I can do without Korver

MrfadeawayJB
06-19-2011, 12:48 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

I would love to trade OJ for a few good players, and try to get a lottery pick as well. I really love Marshon Brooks (providence) . He reminds me of Jamal Crawford, which is exactly what we need off the bench. I also see that Iman Shumpert's(Georgia Tech) stock has fallen, so we may get him with #49 or Keith Benson 6"11 (Oakland)

Kyben36
06-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Ok with me. I can do without Korver

truthfully, so could we. well, some of us who see his defense for what it is, awful.

AlonzoGee33
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey guys. Cavs fan here. Wondering what you guys would want for Gay since there are so many rumors floating around?

MrfadeawayJB
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
^^^^^^

#1 pick in the draft at least....or Hickson and #4, but i doubt we would even do that. Why risk trading a player on the brink of stardom for a unproven rookie with potential??? We only do this if we draft Williams #1, then we can resign Gasol and keep mayo around

clevelandspride
06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
why does everyone in memphis think gay is kobe?????? hes not a superstar ur setting ur self up for a let down u will get a lot less than that or u will keep him. just because its a week draft doesnt mean irving or williams arent good players.

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 05:00 PM
We are not calling him Kobe, but he is better than Irving or Williams. Rudy is progressing very well, and is a top 5 sf in the league at the age of 24

clevelandspride
06-21-2011, 06:10 PM
ur not going to get the value u want its all about money!! gasol or gay who do u want? trade exp. helps alot its easy to say u want him to stay u dont own the team

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 06:32 PM
^^^^
We can keep both once mayo is dealt, in combination with shane's 7 mil, and jaric's 7 mil off the books...not to mention new cba cap would be at 62 milllion

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh please! Rudy Gay isn't Kobe, but he is key for the Grizz Nation. Rudy Gay ain't going anywhere, owner says so! Grizz will match the offer for Marc Gasol, OJ Mayo will be trade... Prolly going after shooter like Shannon Brown or Jason Richarson. My bet is the Grizz would go after Shannon Brown the most because Jason Richarson would ask for more $.

Sorry Cavs fans, I don't mean to burst your bubbles of hoping Rudy Gay to Cavs, but that highly won't happens because Grizz turns down the offer before, Grizz will do it again.

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
Plus, if there's similar college players like back then in Blake Griffin, Durant, etc... I'm sure Grizz would consider the trade for the picks, but this year draft is so-so, not that great. I rather keep Rudy Gay, so does the Grizz!

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Anyway Hawks can get in on trading for Mayo?

MrfadeawayJB
06-22-2011, 12:34 AM
Anyway Hawks can get in on trading for Mayo?

absolutley. give us a offer! I'm not sure about the peices you guys got. Maybe a draft day deal could take place. I would think this trade would have to involve a guy like Pachulia, a backup big we would covet.

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Zaza and a future 1st (since we don't have one this year and you all can save money for Gasol by not signing another draft pick this year)?

Other than that, we have big contract guys in Joe and Smith (who we are looking to trade). Horford is prob someone we would want to keep with Mayo. Jamal is free agent. We have a young PG in Teague. Hinrich's $9 Mil contract is prob hard to work a trade around. We have Marvin, who hasn't played well yet, but that could be because of the team he is on. Zaza sounds like a good trade piece, since you all need a back-up big and we have Collins to come in for bigs like Dwight Howard.

MrfadeawayJB
06-22-2011, 01:04 PM
^^^^

I like the idea of getting a future 1st to help reduce the amount of salary this year! Pachulia is a solid backup, and has a cap friendly salary. I just think we could find a team offer more for OJ.

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I understand. I would give up more, but salary wise and your team needs (shooter, big man), we don't have anybody else but Crawford (free agent) and Joe (big salary). It would prob have to be a 3-way trade if Mayo is in a Hawks jersey next year.

I Am Awesome-O
06-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Bracing myself for an ugly OJ Mayo trade.

F-Mart26
06-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Turiaf, Toney Douglas + future second for OJ ?
Thoughts ?

MrfadeawayJB
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
^^^^
No

Southsideheat
06-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Ronnie Brewer & Omer Asik for Mayo.

mzgrizz
06-24-2011, 04:28 PM
No Brewer for me but Asik ok.....what else you got?

MrfadeawayJB
06-24-2011, 11:45 PM
this has been discussed.... OJ for Korver and Asik. Done deal in my eyes

JPHX
06-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Suns would love to acquire Mayo's services. what do you think your FO's asking price will be?

Maybe Robin Lopez for Mayo straight up?

Kyben36
06-25-2011, 10:41 AM
this has been discussed.... OJ for Korver and Asik. Done deal in my eyes

I wish, relly I do, but Korver wont go, He is our only 3pt shooter on the team currently and though I hate his D, I just dont see the FO selling our only 3pt shooter. even for Mayo

Asik will have to be in the deal, Asik has value throughout the league, anyone could use a C like him either as a backup, or in some situations starting.

We also have the Charlot pick thats looking very nice, as long as they suck, ( which It looks like could be a while ) the better the pick gets, unprotected in 2016, I think top 8 protected in 2015, top 10 2014, top 12 2013, and lotery next year ( or something like this ).

Brewer, I would like to see stay, I love his game, but I think that he is expendable.

CJ watson is a pretty poor backup PG

Taj, but I have a fealing you guys dont need a Backup PF. Not with Durrel Aurthur

this is realy what we have to offer, Carlos wont go, makes to much, Noah isnt worth it, Deng isnt, Rose ha, Oh yea, you guys can have Keith Blowgans if you want him. actualy, he isnt all that bad, but he cant create any offense, I think his Shot assist % was like 100% last year, meaning every shot he took as assisted by somebody else, never once did he make a move of his own.

orlandij
06-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm from the Suns Boards and I have to know how you guys plan on keeping Gay? With the new offer for Gay and ZBO going into effect and resigning Gasol (Who will get 10+ Million) the payroll will be through the roof. Plus resigning Sam Young and Battier it will easily be over $80 Million. Do you think the owner is on board for that or will they look at it from the perspective of keeping everyone that got them so far last year and finding a way to dump Gay?

Be honest with yourself when replying because 80+ million is a lot of money and also the luxury tax will kick in pushing it upwards of 90 million

MrfadeawayJB
06-25-2011, 02:56 PM
shane will not be resigned for the 7 mil he made last year. Sam young only makes 947k this year. OJ will be gone imo, thats 7 mil off the books, including the $7 mil from jaric's that is set to expire

orlandij
06-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Fair enough, once everyone resigns I guess you will be closer to a lower 70+ million figure. I agree Mayo will be gone, would you guys take Robin Lopez for him? Smaller contract and a good off the bench 7 footer that you could probably use

I Am Awesome-O
06-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Robin Lopez is terrible. Before the draft, I saw a Phoenix fan propose Lopez/13th pick for Mayo. That would be much closer to what Memphis would want for Mayo. But Mike Heisley has loves OJ and reportedly has turned down any deal for him that he perceives as cheap (i.e. the Mayo for McRoberts/15th deal that they tried to make at te deadline) so I don't know if that would get it done.

Kyben36
06-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Robin Lopez is terrible. Before the draft, I saw a Phoenix fan propose Lopez/13th pick for Mayo. That would be much closer to what Memphis would want for Mayo. But Mike Heisley has loves OJ and reportedly has turned down any deal for him that he perceives as cheap (i.e. the Mayo for McRoberts/15th deal that they tried to make at te deadline) so I don't know if that would get it done.

Mcroberts sucks though, as a bulls fan, we would not only hate to see you guys deal him to the pacers, but for that little as well.

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-26-2011, 04:19 PM
I'd probably have to trade OJ Mayo since the Grizz wants to keep Marc Gasol to save salary cap. To me, I think the trade that Grizz might be looking for 1st round picks or 2nd round picks. Hopefully they go after solid from free agents like Shannon Brown from Lakers who can be 6th man and backup PF/C Jordan from Clippers.

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I'd probably have to trade OJ Mayo since the Grizz wants to keep Marc Gasol to save salary cap. To me, I think the trade that Grizz might be looking for 1st round picks or 2nd round picks. Hopefully they go after solid from free agents like Shannon Brown from Lakers who can be 6th man and backup PF/C Jordan from Clippers.

I would love to get those guys, but they will command too much $$$. Brown (although an improved outside shooter) still does not solve our shooting woes, while Jordan will be a top paid FA C imo next season. Once teams realize they cant get Marc from us, Jordan will be #1 on everyones wish list followed by Samuel Dalembert at #2

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Don't forget Tyson Chandler, every teams would love to have him. I don't think Grizz go after him since Grizz wants to keep Marc. Maybe Grizz will give Greg Oden a chance then??

cyclonw
06-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Don't forget Tyson Chandler, every teams would love to have him. I don't think Grizz go after him since Grizz wants to keep Marc. Maybe Grizz will give Greg Oden a chance then??

I love this idea. Hope we can sign him for just 2-3M each year for 3 years with team option on the 3rd year. might be worth a gamble. This may be unlikely since teams might lore him for a much higher deal

MrfadeawayJB
06-28-2011, 12:04 PM
yeah i've heard teams would happily pay Oden the mid-level (if it exists with new cba)

Southsideheat
06-28-2011, 12:32 PM
so is everyone just resigned to the fact that Mayo will be traded?

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
so is everyone just resigned to the fact that Mayo will be traded?

The Grizzlies want Gasol stays for other years, most likely to trade OJ Mayo to save $. I might be wrong, but it would make sense to do that. If I was owner, I'd trade for future picks + cash then the Grizzlies go after solid players from free agent...

MrfadeawayJB
06-29-2011, 08:44 PM
yeah i've heard teams would happily pay Oden the mid-level (if it exists with new cba)

oden just got the $8.8 mil QO from portland, so he will be paid at least that much. We have no chance at him now

GrizzOfAnarchy
06-29-2011, 11:46 PM
oden just got the $8.8 mil QO from portland, so he will be paid at least that much. We have no chance at him now

Yeah, I just saw the NBA news. Well, I don't know who Grizz should looks after Center, maybe Kris Humphries or Spencer Hawes...

MrfadeawayJB
06-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I just saw the NBA news. Well, I don't know who Grizz should looks after Center, maybe Kris Humphries or Spencer Hawes...

that would be nice....but my bet is that humphries will go to indiana, miami, or LA(kardashian wife). Hawes may be paid decent, but i dont want the grizz to pay too much if they can have haddadi as a cheap backup. The backup wont get much mins anyway because DA will be first big off the bench in most cases

PhxGiant
06-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Has there been any rumblings as to what you guys are looking to get back for Juice?

MrfadeawayJB
06-30-2011, 12:24 PM
Has there been any rumblings as to what you guys are looking to get back for Juice?

Not directly but i would assume they would want A)shooter, B) Big man, C) draft picks for flexibility

PhxGiant
06-30-2011, 08:38 PM
^^^ I really hope the Suns are in serious talks with your front office then because I feel we have the right pieces to get it done. But I'm sure you have heard that our owner is totally inept when it comes to opportunities like this *sigh*

SluggeR
07-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Not directly but i would assume they would want A)shooter, B) Big man, C) draft picks for flexibility

Bill Walker or TD & Turiaf for Mayo/filler if needed

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Bill Walker or TD & Turiaf for Mayo/filler if needed

just not doing for me personally

mzgrizz
07-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Want to deal with Chicago

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Want to deal with Chicago

:clap::clap::clap:

If heisley will humble himself to do so... I would like to see OJ go to the eastern conference so we dont have to see him too much

Southsideheat
07-01-2011, 08:18 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

If heisley will humble himself to do so... I would like to see OJ go to the eastern conference so we dont have to see him too much

Well let's make this happen then. Who do you guys want back?

mzgrizz
07-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Asik, Korver and a pick.........I believe that was the last consensus here??

MrfadeawayJB
07-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Asik, Korver and a pick.........I believe that was the last consensus here??

absolutley... for those bulls fans saying they are giving up too much shooting, well OJ is a great shooter, just a little bit streaky. Now the Bulls can go sign somone like James Jones for shooting purposes....memphis needs a big and a shooter, picks might be necessary as well

J Falk
07-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I still don't know if I'd be ok giving up OJ and his potential for these guys...It'd be nice to get a guy with potential as well...I think the FO will wait until the trade deadline to decide whether they should give up on a potential star...

My guess is that we keep this team together, and seeing that they offered haddadi 2 mil to play this season, I'm guessing they have faith in him as the backup center...

We will probably win 50 games next season and the front office will be extremely happy they didn't break up the team chemistry...

If we don't make a trade I think we will definitely need to get a Erick Dampier type player via free agency...

Conley, Vasq, Selby
TA, Mayo, Henry
Rudy, Battier, Sam
ZBo, DA, Powe
Gasol, Haddadi, Dampier

We can cut Ish too...but who knows, we may not be able to afford this many good players after the lockout...

MrfadeawayJB
07-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I still don't know if I'd be ok giving up OJ and his potential for these guys...It'd be nice to get a guy with potential as well...I think the FO will wait until the trade deadline to decide whether they should give up on a potential star...

My guess is that we keep this team together, and seeing that they offered haddadi 2 mil to play this season, I'm guessing they have faith in him as the backup center...

We will probably win 50 games next season and the front office will be extremely happy they didn't break up the team chemistry...

If we don't make a trade I think we will definitely need to get a Erick Dampier type player via free agency...

Conley, Vasq, Selby
TA, Mayo, Henry
Rudy, Battier, Sam
ZBo, DA, Powe
Gasol, Haddadi, Dampier

We can cut Ish too...but who knows, we may not be able to afford this many good players after the lockout...

I understand what you are saying, and based on skill level, i would love to keep OJ. We do need to acquire a knockdown shooter though. (OJ is a little streaky) The problem is if OJ stays, he is a 1 yr rental, and then he will walk in FA. I would like to get skill back for him. Asik has potential to be a good big man, Korver does what Korver does, and a future pick would sweeten the deal

SluggeR
07-02-2011, 06:49 PM
just not doing for me personally

I know alot of fans have some magical Idea that yall gonna make some blockbuster trade using Mayo, but it aint gonna happen. From the readings I've ran across, you all are not trying to take on much salary and definitely nothing longterm. Using Mayo to acquire some inexpensive "glue pieces" will be the most likely move. Toney Douglas(strokes da 3+plays good D) is better than anything yall have backing conley up and please don't say grievis is better than TD. Turiaf is a very good back-up center/energy big+both guys have expiring contracts. Not the sexy move, but it's good basketball move..whether it does it for you personally or not.

MrfadeawayJB
07-02-2011, 07:57 PM
I know alot of fans have some magical Idea that yall gonna make some blockbuster trade using Mayo, but it aint gonna happen. From the readings I've ran across, you all are not trying to take on much salary and definitely nothing longterm. Using Mayo to acquire some inexpensive "glue pieces" will be the most likely move. Toney Douglas(strokes da 3+plays good D) is better than anything yall have backing conley up and please don't say grievis is better than TD. Turiaf is a very good back-up center/energy big+both guys have expiring contracts. Not the sexy move, but it's good basketball move..whether it does it for you personally or not.

I am not saying that this deal is absolutley horrible, just that we might be able to fetch more from some other team. I like Turiaf and Douglass. Douglass does provide outside shooting, but another small guard. I think coach hollins likes having Vasquez or maybe soon to be Selby at a backup pg role. They can defend the bigger guards better than conley. Toney Douglass is just too little, and i dont know how that would fit....although i do like the 6th man potential he has ....(ie JJ Barea...i can dream cant I." :D

SluggeR
07-02-2011, 08:14 PM
^^^Vasquez provides energy, but he can't stroke it nor play defense like TD. What does TD's height have to do with anything(Ish got burn)? TD could be the griz's Barea, but with more defense. There is no guarantee Selby is gonna get enough burn to keep him on the roster(may let him develop in the D-League). This is a playoff team now, I'm sure yall will like to add pieces that will come in and contribute. I would even throw Bill Walker, yall know yall need some 3point shooters. TD and Walker can provide that. Three contributing players that have expiring contracts for guy the world know yall wanna get rid of, not a bad deal if you ask me.

NYK: Mayo/Filler(draft pick)

Griz: TD/Turiaf/Bill Walker

BullsFTW
07-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Is there anyway the Bulls can acquire Mayo without giving up Asik?

Maybe Korver + Bulls 2012 1st Round Pick + Cash for OJ Mayo?

mzgrizz
07-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Is there anyway the Bulls can acquire Mayo without giving up Asik?

Maybe Korver + Bulls 2012 1st Round Pick + Cash for OJ Mayo?

Asik has to be PART of the deal IMO

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2011, 04:02 PM
^^^Vasquez provides energy, but he can't stroke it nor play defense like TD. What does TD's height have to do with anything(Ish got burn)? TD could be the griz's Barea, but with more defense. There is no guarantee Selby is gonna get enough burn to keep him on the roster(may let him develop in the D-League). This is a playoff team now, I'm sure yall will like to add pieces that will come in and contribute. I would even throw Bill Walker, yall know yall need some 3point shooters. TD and Walker can provide that. Three contributing players that have expiring contracts for guy the world know yall wanna get rid of, not a bad deal if you ask me.

NYK: Mayo/Filler(draft pick)

Griz: TD/Turiaf/Bill Walker

Well Ish wont be on the team next year imo, and i dont watch the knicks alot but can TD really be good at defense, when the knicks have very few defensive players in general? Walker and Turiaf do display some skills the grizz fo would covet, but they are injury prone. Most Grizz fans want to keep OJ, which is just not a smart decision because he is a FA next season, and would cringe at the idea of not getting back a household name in this deal. I dont mind this deal, but i think a team will pony up a little bit more (i'm looking at you chicago!)

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Asik has to be PART of the deal IMO

Asik is coveted by us Grizz fans, however a first round pick in 2012 (although later in first round) would yield us a very talented player (if we draft right :speechless:).

How about

OJ Mayo + Hadaddi

for

Korver + Asik + 2012 first rounder

KWD
07-15-2011, 04:22 PM
orlando fan here.
anyone you guys want for oj?
besides dwight :P

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2011, 09:23 PM
^^^

JJ Redick intrigues me as an outside shooter. I also like Brandon Bass, but we have a better version of him in Darrell Arthur. I really dont think you guys have a solid package you can put together for us at this point in time.

KWD
07-15-2011, 10:20 PM
you like bass over anderson o.O

i watched a few games of the grizzles when the magic were done in the playoffs
and z bo was taking off imo

and since he is probably your top 2 or 3 player but hes also 30. while gay and gasol are 24 and 26 i think. but i still think z bo has plenty of years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
i was thinking something like that.

KWD
07-15-2011, 10:53 PM
my bad this
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=5rh79qe

KWD
07-15-2011, 11:28 PM
anderson can play the 3,4,5 can shoot the three
let me know what you guys think.

MrfadeawayJB
07-16-2011, 12:56 AM
the only problem is shane battier is a UFA right now, and most people think he will go back to houston

KWD
07-21-2011, 12:24 PM
just talking..
howard, jj for
gasol, gay, mayo?

damn the lockout

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2011, 01:52 PM
NO.

How about

Gay, Gasol and Henry for Howard and JJ

KWD
07-21-2011, 02:10 PM
woah no need to go capital letters on me
i dunno henry's game but id do it with a pick thrown in there.

or turk instead of jj cuz gasol is probably gonna make more than 3 mil and no pick :P

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2011, 09:04 PM
lol i wouldnt take turk, he is on the downside of his career. Henry is a solid player, he just needs to have a little time. No way you guys get mayo gay and gasol

KWD
07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
yeah no one wants turk lol.
tbh i just like gay and mayo

and i dont know how you guys feel about gasol
or gasol feels about the team
but lets just say he leaves.

would you do dwight for gay,mayo, 1rder?

MrfadeawayJB
07-21-2011, 10:26 PM
^^^^
Yes i would...

Magic dont have much options, unfortunatley Dwight will leave after this season

KWD
07-21-2011, 11:10 PM
yeah i hate to admit it
having to hope that hedo and arenas can carry us to at least to ECF
</3

MrfadeawayJB
07-22-2011, 01:44 AM
^^
Yeah, i would like to see him stay put like Durant did, but he may go to LA or NJ to form another super team.

KWD
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
yeah on a sign and trade
but i dont like any trade package of either teams

if ORL does have to trade dwight, i would want two young players who can afford to waste 2,3 years till gilbert and turk is gone
and hopefully have enough cap room to sign whatever star(s) there is.

mzgrizz
07-24-2011, 09:31 PM
yeah no one wants turk lol.
tbh i just like gay and mayo

and i dont know how you guys feel about gasol
or gasol feels about the team
but lets just say he leaves.

would you do dwight for gay,mayo, 1rder?

If that were the scenario, I would most certainly do that deal. I really like DH's game and his healthy fun loving attitude

MrfadeawayJB
07-29-2011, 08:55 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/jul/29/joerger-becomes-grizzlies-lead-assistant-coach-get/

DAVE JOERGER BECOMES GRIZZ LEAD ASSISTANT COACH

mzgrizz
07-29-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/jul/29/joerger-becomes-grizzlies-lead-assistant-coach-get/

DAVE JOERGER BECOMES GRIZZ LEAD ASSISTANT COACH

Ok with me but I hope he never forgets to guard the backdoor slam for the opponent's last second win again !!!!!!!!

HouRealCoach
08-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Gay, Conley, Henry, Future First for CP3, Ariza, Gray

Thats a trade that I would seriously consider but if it doesnt happen its not a problem

But you get a backup Center, an elite PG, More perimeter d with Ariza

MrfadeawayJB
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
this is interesting to me. CP3 showed in the playoffs that he is still elite at the pg position, and he can dominate a game without scoring. We would have to give up Gay in order for salaries to match up of course, and im not sure im ready to do that.

Conley is a awesome pg for the system we run, he can knock down open shots, and gets the ball out of his hands quickly. I would love to have Paul, but i just think he would be less effective on our team when our big men are not as athletic as the hornets bigs. The lob/ally oop passes that paul is known for could really only be caught by Darrell Arthur.

I Am Awesome-O
08-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Gay, Conley, Henry, Future First for CP3, Ariza, Gray

Thats a trade that I would seriously consider but if it doesnt happen its not a problem

But you get a backup Center, an elite PG, More perimeter d with Ariza

Done.

mzgrizz
08-03-2011, 11:10 PM
I can't do that

MrfadeawayJB
08-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I resist a little as well. I still think Rudy can be right under Lebron, Durant, Melo and be a top 5 sf. He might already be there, we just need to see the next step. Paul wants to go to NY anyways, so i dont see him signing an extension to assure he would stay here.

mzgrizz
08-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Has anyone heard of how Rudy's rehab is going?

MrfadeawayJB
08-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Has anyone heard of how Rudy's rehab is going?

i have no idea really....however i guess its fair to assume no news is good news. I think its going on schedule, but the lockout will def help his chances of 100% rehabilitation before the season

mzgrizz
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
any new trade rumors?

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2011, 10:03 PM
No

letsgobrownies7
11-29-2011, 12:01 AM
Wha would you guyshave to have from the Celtics to get O.J. Mayo? Would a sign and trade involving Big Baby Davis be enough?

MrfadeawayJB
11-29-2011, 12:22 AM
^^^^
only if big baby can hit three's lol.

We are set at pf, we need a solid C backup and quality shooters

letsgobrownies7
11-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Hmm IDK if we have anything that would match up then.

MrfadeawayJB
11-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah sorry, but i think the C's have no chance at Mayo with their current personel.

letsgobrownies7
11-29-2011, 12:59 AM
I just figured they might just be wanting to trade him since they about had a deal in place during last years trade deadline for only Josh McRoberts and maybe a 2nd round pick from Indy.

MrfadeawayJB
11-29-2011, 01:10 AM
^^^^
I think that Heisley now realizes how dumb that trade would have been. There will be very good trade offers from teams out there, such as the bulls

letsgobrownies7
11-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Makes sense. Thanks for your input. Good luck this season. :)

Wade>You
11-29-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm really liking the Amnesty bid thing for the Grizzlies. Along with Rudy Gay coming back, I think it'll give you guys an extra piece that you can use to get deeper in the playoffs. Do you guys have any idea how it will work pertaining to your team? I know you got Gasol's cap hold. Also, any particular players being mentioned as Amnesty candidates that you like?

loki34
11-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Back up Center Robin Lopez and A Back up SF Pietrus + future 1st is that enough for Mayo?

I Am Awesome-O
11-29-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm really liking the Amnesty bid thing for the Grizzlies. Along with Rudy Gay coming back, I think it'll give you guys an extra piece that you can use to get deeper in the playoffs. Do you guys have any idea how it will work pertaining to your team? I know you got Gasol's cap hold. Also, any particular players being mentioned as Amnesty candidates that you like?

Not really sure, but from what I've read it looks like Memphis will be able to make a bid:

Under the about-to-be-rubber-stamped program, teams such as the Heat and Lakers that are operating well above the salary cap would therefore be precluded from bidding on such players, able to move only on amnesty players who receive no partial bids in the waiver process. For the Heat, it would be a blow in the bid to add depth around LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

For teams currently operating well below the cap, such as the Denver Nuggets, Sacramento Kings, Indiana Pacers, Memphis Grizzlies, New Jersey Nets, Washington Wizards and New Orleans Hornets, it could provide a pennies-on-the-dollar windfall.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-nba-lockout-s112711,0,4202541.story

If this is the case, the name's I've heard connected to the Amnesty clause that interest me are Roy, Haywood, and Okur.

MrfadeawayJB
11-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Back up Center Robin Lopez and A Back up SF Pietrus + future 1st is that enough for Mayo?

If Pietrus was in his Orlando magic circa 2008-2009 form (making 3's) then yes, but as of now, i'm a bit weary on that one

mzgrizz
11-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Makes sense. Thanks for your input. Good luck this season. :)

Thanks brownies. And also to you !

mzgrizz
11-30-2011, 11:17 PM

None! I'll try and post today's article from the paper. We are set but may try and pick up a deal. I'd like to get Okur personally.

Kyben36
12-01-2011, 02:56 AM
When is OJ going to get traded, we know the talks will come back up. I would love to see him in a bulls uni. but dont see it hapening, what do you guys think your team would be looking for for him. your team is prety well rounded right now. cant think of any pressing needs except maybe Backup C.

mzgrizz
12-01-2011, 09:48 AM
When is OJ going to get traded, we know the talks will come back up. I would love to see him in a bulls uni. but dont see it hapening, what do you guys think your team would be looking for for him. your team is prety well rounded right now. cant think of any pressing needs except maybe Backup C.

You are right except about OJ. Current plan is to keep him. Sorry I didn't get to the article but it's yesterday's Commercial Appeal.

nolafan33
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Hornets and Grizz play their only two preseason games on the 16th and 21st, one in Memphis and one in New Orleans.

Tmath
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
1st round pick + Amir Johnson + Leonardo Barbosa & Solomon Alabi

for Gasol & Mayo

mzgrizz
12-02-2011, 12:27 AM

for Gasol & Mayo

Uh.....................no.

MrfadeawayJB
12-02-2011, 12:54 AM

for Gasol & Mayo

:laugh:

are you serious???

Kyben36
12-03-2011, 03:03 PM
You are right except about OJ. Current plan is to keep him. Sorry I didn't get to the article but it's yesterday's Commercial Appeal.

well, I doubt you keep him, you guys seem to be a team who isnt going to spend money, instead, seem to want to trim it all the time, I have a fealing that OJ is going to be looking for a big contract extension that you guys arnt going to want to give him. and you have other Sgs you guys are confident with.

MrfadeawayJB
12-03-2011, 03:16 PM
well, I doubt you keep him, you guys seem to be a team who isnt going to spend money, instead, seem to want to trim it all the time, I have a fealing that OJ is going to be looking for a big contract extension that you guys arnt going to want to give him. and you have other Sgs you guys are confident with.

yes i do think OJ is gone as well. But if he plays real well and we feel we NEED him to make a serious championship run, we might keep him as a 1 yr rental for that run. However, the smart decision is to trade him for future picks and current needs.

J Falk
12-04-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm back guys, and ready to see a real team beat up on all these "dream teams" out there..Thank GOD the NBA has been salvaged!! lol..

That said, we got Marc back, all that's left is bringing back Shane!!

Only trades I would listen to involving Juice would have to involve a legit backup center, a 3pt specialist AND a draft pick...if not I'd be happy to keep him.

mzgrizz
12-04-2011, 12:52 PM
well, I doubt you keep him, you guys seem to be a team who isnt going to spend money, instead, seem to want to trim it all the time, I have a fealing that OJ is going to be looking for a big contract extension that you guys arnt going to want to give him. and you have other Sgs you guys are confident with.kyben

we are in a good place. By minding the dollars, we can easily keep a great center ; keep or deal OJ and maybe pick up an amnesty player.
The FO has played it well.

mzgrizz
12-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Welcome back jfalk. Stick around for a great season!!!

sunsfan88
12-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Pietrus, Lopez for Mayo?

pacersfan1967
12-04-2011, 08:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would prefer to keep Rudy, i think he is leaps and bounds ahead of Granger You sure are looking at him again......I really think there be some trades before this coming up friday dec 9 ..

MrfadeawayJB
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
You sure are looking at him again......I really think there be some trades before this coming up friday dec 9 ..

I know McRoberts has been a big name for our team to go after. But if you think your getting him for Mayo straight up you are not thinking straight

mzgrizz
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Pietrus, Lopez for Mayo?

Doubtful

J Falk
12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
id take lopez and a draft pick for oj over mcslawberts for oj any day..

sunsfan88
12-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Doubtful

Really? You guys get a suitable backup for Gasol and a replacement for Battier.

I don't think Memphis can get a better offer for Mayo.

MrfadeawayJB
12-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Really? You guys get a suitable backup for Gasol and a replacement for Battier.

I don't think Memphis can get a better offer for Mayo.

If no better offer comes (which i seriously doubt), we might do that trade. It would have to be quite a few picks though because i heard Heisley turned down some very nice deals for OJ on draft day

Raps08-09 Champ
12-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Raptors offer Leandro Barbosa for OJ Mayo and filler.

cyclonw
12-13-2011, 11:47 PM
Looks like we made the right choice keeping Mayo now that Henry is injured again.
Im beginning to loss some hope on Henry which I thought could replace Mayo if we deal him. I think we should just keep Mayo in the roster long term since he had not really miss some games due to injuries.

Maybe we should just try to look for big man in the free agent pool someone like Eric Dampier, David Andersen, Nenad Krstic or maybe Zydrunas Ilgauskas but I don't know if these guys are willing accept minimal contracts. Honestly I don't trust the current big men they've invited in the camp and rather have Powe instead.

MrfadeawayJB
12-14-2011, 12:27 AM

haha no thanks. Barbosa is on the downhill while OJ is on the uptick.

Looks like we made the right choice keeping Mayo now that Henry is injured again.
Im beginning to loss some hope on Henry which I thought could replace Mayo if we deal him. I think we should just keep Mayo in the roster long term since he had not really miss some games due to injuries.

Maybe we should just try to look for big man in the free agent pool someone like Eric Dampier, David Andersen, Nenad Krstic or maybe Zydrunas Ilgauskas but I don't know if these guys are willing accept minimal contracts. Honestly I don't trust the current big men they've invited in the camp and rather have Powe instead.

I would much rather keep Powe. I would love Powe as a 3rd string pf/c, but we need to make a trade down the road. Selby is a similar player to Mayo, so even if X is still hurt Selby can play the part, i hope :pray:

cyclonw
12-14-2011, 02:04 AM

NO way for Barbosa!!! Demar DeRozan straight. :)

MrfadeawayJB
12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Demar DeRozan :drool:

I love the guy as a player, but i dont think his playing style fits in with us. We need a guy who can shoot the 3 ball

cyclonw
12-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Demar DeRozan :drool:

I love the guy as a player, but i dont think his playing style fits in with us. We need a guy who can shoot the 3 ball

You are correct bro. I'm just carried away with the idea of having Derozan and Gay on the same floor. :-)
Im actually now looking on Dorell Wright of GS, D. Cook of OKC, Peja, Reddick or Rudy Fernandez but apparently I dont we can get these guys. This now lies on Mayo to take the lead and convince the team he is the 3 point specialist we're looking for. This is a collective efforts though for all our guards to step up on their 3 point shooting.

MrfadeawayJB
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I've always wondered why the Grizz dont sign the best 3 pt shooter in the D-league. Thats what SA did with Gary Neal, and i'd say that worked out ok

J Falk
12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
anybody think we should take advantage of the situation with the Clippers? They now have 4 point guards(CP, Eric Gordon, Chauncey Billups, and Mo Williams), and I am not against the idea of bringing in a legit vet that can teach conley and vasques how to really play the position. Excluding CP, I would love to bring in Chauncey out of the 3. He's probably the most polished point in the league, and he'd accept being conley's backup. He's also an outstanding 3 point shooter. We'd definitely have to give them OJ or X, seeing that they need a sg bad. I think Xavier Henry for Chauncey straight up would be an amazing trade for us. I think OJ for Chauncey and a draft pick would work as well. Thoughts???

mzgrizz
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Chauncey wants a chip
He is highly unlikely to land here

cyclonw
12-15-2011, 01:27 AM
I initially thought of claiming Billups when he was waived but now that clipper's claimed him I don't want to trade for him. Definitely not Mayo coz that would give the clippers the sg in replacement for gordon. Having Paul, Mayo, Griffin and Jordan on the floor is already a force to recon with. So I'd say no, lets just focus on a big man anyway we have already signed Pargo for that.

MrfadeawayJB
12-15-2011, 04:55 PM
anybody think we should take advantage of the situation with the Clippers? They now have 4 point guards(CP, Eric Gordon, Chauncey Billups, and Mo Williams), and I am not against the idea of bringing in a legit vet that can teach conley and vasques how to really play the position. Excluding CP, I would love to bring in Chauncey out of the 3. He's probably the most polished point in the league, and he'd accept being conley's backup. He's also an outstanding 3 point shooter. We'd definitely have to give them OJ or X, seeing that they need a sg bad. I think Xavier Henry for Chauncey straight up would be an amazing trade for us. I think OJ for Chauncey and a draft pick would work as well. Thoughts???

I seriously doubt either Billups or Williams would want to play behind Conley.

If we gave up Mayo, you can pretty much call the Clippers the best starting 5 in the NBA and a legitimate title contender (assuming everything works out there)

I am not ready to give up on X yet, he is still so young and should only get better, while the wheels are starting to fall off the Chauncey Billups train

MrfadeawayJB
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Chauncey wants a chip
He is highly unlikely to land here

Are you saying he could not win a championship here Mzgrizz???

Say it ain't so!!!!

I think we got a good shot this year, if we stay healthy

mzgrizz
12-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Are you saying he could not win a championship here Mzgrizz???

Say it ain't so!!!!

I think we got a good shot this year, if we stay healthy

I think we can give it a run but the odds would be more likely to happen in another year. I don't think Chauncey will have enough gas in the tank left for when we are poised to capture the title !

cyclonw
12-16-2011, 02:20 AM
I'd like to see the grizz set the biggest upset in the west by beating the Lakers and the Heat in the finals. :-) I have high hopes with our current lineup and hope every one is healthy.

MrfadeawayJB
12-16-2011, 02:43 PM
The media as well as most the posters on this site are still disrespecting the Grizz big time . Makes me sick to my stomach :puke:

But then again, being under the radar isnt the worst thing...