PDA

View Full Version : The NBA is in good hands

zB_#85
05-15-2011, 06:11 PM
IMO we're entering an era of players with enough promise to get the NBA back closer to the Bird, Magic, Jordan, Hakeem, etc.. era than it's ever been. I don't think it will ever be that great again, but the young players today will make it better than it's been since those guys have stepped away IMO. You guys agree?

The emerging superstars seem to be so likable and are such high caracter guys, to me that's nice to see.

Durant, Rose, Dwight, and Griffin are guys who are going to be the face of this league for the forseeable future and the future is bright.

Is it coincedence or is there a reason for these high character, humble superstars? Perhaps the 1 year college requirement is bringing less high school punks into the league? (Dwight is the exception on this list) Maybe the 1 year of college is preparing these guys and allowing them to mature more than we realized?

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2011, 06:13 PM
we need some douche bag stars. those are the guys that are best to market around because they cause the most drama and attention. Like Shaq, Kobe, Iverson, Lebron

3Blueforyou
05-15-2011, 06:15 PM
I would agree, many stars who for a large part are in early stages of their carers. Obviously there is a chance they do not continue to develop, but all i can say is i am excited to be watching nba right now. IMO its gunna be a great generation.

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:20 PM
Yup. This is not basketball related but its a great example. Manny Pacquiao VS Floyd Mayweather is not the most anticipated fight in history because Pacman is such a nice guy. It's because everyone wants to see Floyd get his *** beat. People hate him, his attidude and everything he represents. Sports NEED bad guys. This MIA-CHI finals will get so much ratings. Its gonna be crazy. Hero vs Villain i.e, Rose vs Lebron

six
05-15-2011, 06:28 PM
There is so many young superstars , Rose is only on his 3rd year and he is already the youngest MVP ever. Black is a rookie and already considered an elite player. Imagine these types of players in a year or two.

ClipperfanKevin
05-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Lebron is no villain. Dude is a big time attention whore, but everybody hates him for doing whats best for Lebron.

Daze9900
05-15-2011, 06:34 PM
we need some douche bag stars. those are the guys that are best to market around because they cause the most drama and attention. Like Shaq, Kobe, Iverson, Lebron

Two of these douche bags went to college.

netsgiantsyanks
05-15-2011, 06:36 PM
all state?

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Lebron is no villain. Dude is a big time attention whore, but everybody hates him for doing whats best for Lebron.

Not the point. Lebron is being marketed as such

ManRam
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
I remember when it was a consensus that LeBron was a quiet, respectful and humble player. He was so soft spoken, and never went out of his way for a sound bite.

Look where we are now. I hope this is true, and they do continue to be like they are now, and don't doubt they will.

However, the NBA needs villains. 100%. The Heat being a villain is one of the best things to happen to the NBA in quite some time.

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:40 PM
There is so many young superstars , Rose is only on his 3rd year and he is already the youngest MVP ever. Black is a rookie and already considered an elite player. Imagine these types of players in a year or two.

Who??? Im assuming you mean Blake?

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Two of these douche bags went to college.

point?:eyebrow:

John Walls Era
05-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Need more villains. People just need to accept their roles...

KnicksR4Real
05-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Yup. This is not basketball related but its a great example. Manny Pacquiao VS Floyd Mayweather is not the most anticipated fight in history because Pacman is such a nice guy. It's because everyone wants to see Floyd get his *** beat. People hate him, his attidude and everything he represents. Sports NEED bad guys. This MIA-CHI finals will get so much ratings. Its gonna be crazy. Hero vs Villain i.e, Rose vs Lebron

i hope basketball isnt boxing...

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 07:23 PM
i hope basketball isnt boxing...

ok?.. I think most ppl understood what i meant with the boxing example