PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Aresnal

b@llhog24
05-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Which players at each position has the widest arrays of moves used to score?

PG-Deron Williams

SG-Kobe Bryant

SF-Carmelo Anthony

PF-Dirk Nowitzki/Pau Gasol

C-Andrew Bogut-(used mostly his off hand to score this season)

dnewguy
05-15-2011, 03:28 PM

PG-Deron Williams

SG-Kobe Bryant

SF-Carmelo Anthony

PF-Dirk Nowitzki/Pau Gasol

C-Andrew Bogut-(used mostly his off hand to score this season)

You asked for "widest array" just to pick 6 one-dimensional scorers.

210Don
05-15-2011, 03:29 PM
paus arsenal isnt even close to dirks

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2011, 03:29 PM

PG-Deron Williams

SG-Kobe Bryant

SF-Carmelo Anthony

PF-Pau Gasol

C-Bargnani

fixed.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-15-2011, 03:31 PM

:facepalm:

Niro
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
lmao @dnewguy saying kobe&melo are a one dimensional scorer

210Don
05-15-2011, 03:42 PM
and at pg i gotta go steve nash hes a magician with the ball scoring and passing

dnewguy
05-15-2011, 03:43 PM

To me, they are jump shooters, I thought the op meant someone that could shoot jump shots, drive the ball when needed, shoot a 3 when needed, pass the ball to open teammate/create shots for teammates, and a player that could create contact when the offense gets stagnant.

pg: Rose
sg: Wade
SF: Lebron
PF: Zach Randolf
C: Bogut

210Don
05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
To me, they are jump shooters, I thought the op meant someone that could shoot jump shots, drive the ball when needed, shoot a 3 when needed, pass the ball to open teammate/create shots for teammates, and a player that could create contact when the offense gets stagnant.

no there not.... ray allen , kyle korver james jones are shooters.
kobe and melo are scorers they do it all

b@llhog24
05-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Isn't the point to pick scorers? And the guys i picked have a vast variety og moves used to score.

:facepalm:
+1

+1

You expect Bogut to make a jumpshot? :eyebrow:

Tanakid777
05-15-2011, 03:47 PM
fixed.

:facepalm: Dirk>>Pau

mdm692
05-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Nash
Wade
Durant
Amare
Horford

jockrider
05-15-2011, 04:20 PM
rose
kobe
melo
dirk
bargnani

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Brook Lopez is the most offensively talented C in the league. Jumpers, dunks, post moves, free throws...

Also Rose doesnt have many offensive moves in his arsenal. He is just unstoppable with his drives.

jockrider
05-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Brook Lopez is the most offensively talented C in the league. Jumpers, dunks, post moves, free throws...

Also Rose doesnt have many offensive moves in his arsenal. He is just unstoppable with his drives.

have you met bargnani? he can literally score from anywhere on the floor by far the most offensively talented C. bad thing is he suffers from the same thing lopez does neither care about the other side of the floor.

naps
05-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Nash
Wade
Melo
Dirk
Bogut

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 04:58 PM
have you met bargnani? he can literally score from anywhere on the floor by far the most offensively talented C. bad thing is he suffers from the same thing lopez does neither care about the other side of the floor.

Bargs only shoots jumpers. Im pretty sure the OP asked for the most VERSATILE at each position. Also defense and rebounding is irrelevant in this thread so why bring it up?

llemon
05-15-2011, 05:06 PM
have you met bargnani? he can literally score from anywhere on the floor

Except off the offensive boards.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Rose has one of the best mid range jumpers among the PGs

he has a decent 3 point shot too.

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2011, 05:09 PM
:facepalm: Dirk>>Pau
obviously Dirk is better...no **** Sherlock

Dirk is great at his shooting, but Gasol is more well-rounded. he can post, hit mid-range shots, finish with either hand.

iFYouSeekAmy
05-15-2011, 05:10 PM
Nash
Ellis
Melo
Dirk/ZBo
Pau

llemon
05-15-2011, 05:13 PM

It's just that Brook does everything in slow motion, and he can't pass, which makes him easier to guard.

jerellh528
05-15-2011, 05:16 PM
nash
kobe
carmelo
gasol
couldnt think of a center that lives up to the question lol.

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 05:31 PM
It's just that Brook does everything in slow motion, and he can't pass, which makes him easier to guard.

agreed

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 05:33 PM

His shot is not good enough to call him the most offensively versatile PG in the league.

Cubs Win
05-15-2011, 05:57 PM

In addition, he's the best PG at getting into the paint for layups and has a great floater. He's also one of the better players league-wide at using the backboard for off-balance lay-ups. He's definitely in consideration for the best offensive arsenal at the PG position.

AndyfromNeptune
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
1. Chris Paul
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Carmelo Anthony
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Amare Stoudemire

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:13 PM
In addition, he's the best PG at getting into the paint for layups and has a great floater. He's also one of the better players league-wide at using the backboard for off-balance lay-ups. He's definitely in consideration for the best offensive arsenal at the PG position.

Can he post up like Deron? Can he hit the three ball consistently?

Cubs Win
05-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Can he post up like Deron? Can he hit the three ball consistently?

He shot 33.2% from 3 over the course of the regular season, which is just below the league average (which is around 34% I believe). So he's right around the league average. And by the way, Deron only hit 33.1% of his 3's this year. :eyebrow:

He's OK down low, but doesn't spend much time down there. Although he has already said, his post up game will be one of the main parts of his summer training. If it improves anything like his 3 ball did this year, WATCH OUT!

And to be clear, I'm not saying D-Rose does for sure have the best offensive arsenal of any PG, but it's certainly good enough that he deserves strong consideration.

jockrider
05-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Bargs only shoots jumpers. Im pretty sure the OP asked for the most VERSATILE at each position. Also defense and rebounding is irrelevant in this thread so why bring it up?

i wasn't using defense and rebounding as part of my argument i was just mentioning it because it's something both players struggle with.

only shoots jumpers? than i was right you haven't seen bargs play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmejG2gJ3Zk

bargs can score from anywhere from the floor on anyone. and has a much better offensive arsenal than lopez.

Crackadalic
05-15-2011, 06:21 PM

Were not even talking about stats for this one. Its the way the score that makes them dangerous scorers

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:24 PM
He shot 33.2% from 3 over the course of the regular season, which is just below the league average (which is around 34% I believe). So he's right around the league average. And by the way, Deron only hit 33.1% of his 3's this year. :eyebrow:

He's OK down low, but doesn't spend much time down there. Although he has already said, his post up game will be one of the main parts of his summer training. If it improves anything like his 3 ball did this year, WATCH OUT!

And to be clear, I'm not saying D-Rose does for sure have the best offensive arsenal of any PG, but it's certainly good enough that he deserves strong consideration.

Fully agreed. I never claimed Deron was a good 3pt shooter this year. I pointed to Paul. Deron is usually good thou but that wrist injury was messing his shot up bad

jockrider
05-15-2011, 06:25 PM
im not even being a homer because i hate bargnani and it wouldn't bother me if he was traded for nothing.

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:32 PM
i wasn't using defense and rebounding as part of my argument i was just mentioning it because it's something both players struggle with.

only shoots jumpers? than i was right you haven't seen bargs play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmejG2gJ3Zk

bargs can score from anywhere from the floor on anyone. and has a much better offensive arsenal than lopez.

Ok i watched yours and Bargs is indeed an impressive scorer but Lopez still has a wider arsenal of offensive weapons. Now watch mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE6qy0QvcGM

Thats actually one of his less impressive games. That highlight doesnt show off his jumper to well.

Raph12
05-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Widest array of methods to score
PG - DWill
SG - Kobe
SF - Melo
PF - Dirk
C - Bargnani

Most dominant scorers
PG - Rose
SG - Wade
SF - Durant
PF - Dirk
C - Dwight

SeoulBeatz
05-15-2011, 06:42 PM

are u kidding me?...

I'll just start with one...

Kobe is the epitome of multi-dimensional scoring.

He even took POST-MOVE lessons from Hakeem.

What SG needs to take freakin post up lessons?

That shows just how complete his game is, that he felt he needed to improve a weakness that isn't even all that necessary for a SG.

C'mon now, that statement is utter ignorance just because Wade or Lebron wasn't on the list. They are both worthy candidates, but just because you don't agree with the list, no need to be incredibly ignorant.

jockrider
05-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Ok i watched yours and Bargs is indeed an impressive scorer but Lopez still has a wider arsenal of offensive weapons. Now watch mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE6qy0QvcGM

Thats actually one of his less impressive games. That highlight doesnt show off his jumper to well.

midrange: bargnani
three point:bargnani
face up: bargnani
attacking the basket: bargnani
freethrows: bargnani

i watched that game and honestly lopez is all-around better player than bargs but not offensively bargnani has more moves, lopez is a crafty post player with a good midrange. bargs is the best shooting big man next to dirk in the nba and he can score in the post, or he can face you up and take you to the basket.

jockrider
05-15-2011, 06:45 PM
im thinking about making a thread about in the comparison forum to see what others think because this can be our homer minds talking (though i despise bargnani)

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2011, 06:52 PM
midrange: bargnani
three point:bargnani
face up: bargnani
attacking the basket: bargnani
freethrows: bargnani

i watched that game and honestly lopez is all-around better player than bargs but not offensively bargnani has more moves, lopez is a crafty post player with a good midrange. bargs is the best shooting big man next to dirk in the nba and he can score in the post, or he can face you up and take you to the basket.

Bargnani has way more moves, but Lopez is more efficient with his.

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
im thinking about making a thread about in the comparison forum to see what others think because this can be our homer minds talking (though i despise bargnani)

Perhaps your right. I guess for me its the fact that i dont consider Bargs a true C. He's more like a PF to me

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Bargnani has way more moves, but Lopez is more efficient with his.

I guess i can agree with this

jockrider
05-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Perhaps your right. I guess for me its the fact that i dont consider Bargs a true C. He's more like a PF to me

i want you to know this was the first time i defended bargnani ever and it makes me feel like clawing my eye's out.

allSUAVE
05-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Lopez > Bargnani by a Mile

barreleffact
05-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Has Paul really only been mentioned once? He is the best shooter and passer combination. He can make any pass and score in abundance in every way aside from slashing and post(name me a PG that does either. their job is to have the ball)

SG: Kobe- Wade can't shoot, and Kobe has a better post game as well. Wade is the beter passer, but IDK how much better honestly considering turnovers and the fact that Kobe refuses to pass, but has a great ability of passing

SF: Lebron- What he lacks in shooting he makes up for in vision and slashing

PF: Tough one- Does dirk post well? Toss up between Duncan, Randolph, and Gasol, but I really cant decide in this position...STAT? idk

C: Bynum- Decent with either hand. Good dunks. Just doesnt get the credit touches IMO. Shout out to Howard for the work he has put in though.

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Has Paul really only been mentioned once? He is the best shooter and passer combination. He can make any pass and score in abundance in every way aside from slashing and post(name me a PG that does either. their job is to have the ball)

SG: Kobe- Wade can't shoot, and Kobe has a better post game as well. Wade is the beter passer, but IDK how much better honestly considering turnovers and the fact that Kobe refuses to pass, but has a great ability of passing

SF: Lebron- What he lacks in shooting he makes up for in vision and slashing

PF: Tough one- Does dirk post well? Toss up between Duncan, Randolph, and Gasol, but I really cant decide in this position...STAT? idk

C: Bynum- Decent with either hand. Good dunks. Just doesnt get the credit touches IMO. Shout out to Howard for the work he has put in though.

Offensive arsenal means offensive moves that lead to scoring; not passing or assists. One could make the case that assists are another way to score but i dont think thats what he meant.

barreleffact
05-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Offensive arsenal means offensive moves that lead to scoring; not passing or assists. One could make the case that assists are another way to score but i dont think thats what he meant.

Noted, but passing ability makes your scoring easier

But just off latent scoring, the only one I would switch is probably Lebron, and that is dependant on his mindset. When he wants to score...he scores(and this is from a Lebron Hater) call it a charge all you want, if the ref doesnt it doesnt matter

Chill_Will_24
05-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Noted, but passing ability makes your scoring easier

But just off latent scoring, the only one I would switch is probably Lebron, and that is dependant on his mindset. When he wants to score...he scores(and this is from a Lebron Hater) call it a charge all you want, if the ref doesnt it doesnt matter

Sorry but Melo is a more versatile scorer than Melo

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-16-2011, 04:37 AM
Sorry but Melo is a more versatile scorer than Melo

agreed:laugh:

MFFL==FML
05-16-2011, 04:50 AM
Anyone who puts another PF other than Dirk Nowitzki is a ----ing moron. Name me one PF with better shooting percentages that: posts up, has a mid-range game, shoots the 3, makes his free throws, can create his own shot, fakes people with shot fake.

If you can't, then just admit Dirk Nowitzki is the most complete offensive PF in the league. I would even argue as of right now, he is the most offensively complete in the entire NBA, but I know a lot of fans will like the flashy players more.

KnicksorBust
05-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Honorable Mention to a player getting no love: Al Jefferson

Chill_Will_24
05-16-2011, 07:48 AM
agreed:laugh:

youuuuuuu know what i meant.... jeez :D

Bravo95
05-16-2011, 08:22 AM
PG: Deron
SG: Kobe
SF: Carmelo