PDA

View Full Version : ROUND 2 GAME 7 GRIZZLIES v THUNDER in OKC

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 01:12 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/153/grizzliescopy.jpg V http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8006/thunder2.jpg

ROUND 2 GAME 7 SERIES TIED 3-3 THE LAST ONE

SUNDAY 2:30PM CENTRAL ABC TV

GO GRIZZLIES !!! GO GRIZZLIES !!! GO GRIZZLIES !!!!!!!

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Ah, made history again with their first 7 game series in the Playoffs!
Such a special,special team.
Hope they dig down ;use the momentum and crash that party !!!!!!!!!

GO GRIZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.Twiggy
05-14-2011, 02:05 PM
One last stand for both teams and we will finally find out who the better team is.

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Meh, these teams obviously match up and duke it out. So I'd have to say WHO WINS

Snakeyestx
05-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Game 6 repeat is necessary but since you're the visitors this time, the physicality will need to be turned up a bit more. Shane needs to do that ninja physicality and walking away from the play like in Game 6. Encite rage at home and they'll fall apart.

I think all 10 out of the 11 keys I posted in Game 6 still apply. Keeping KD cold, and Westbrook out of the paint is vital. Hardin alone can't push the score into scary figures, so it's mainly about containment.

Bench needs to be just as effective as game 6. There is no margin for error this time. Loser goes fishin'... Grizzlies don't like fishing.

There's a reason Thunderstorms are so short lived... :p

Ninja Edit : Hey! I just got a new forum title too! woot!

Time2Dieeee
05-15-2011, 03:26 AM
Thunder are lucky they won that triple OT game cuz they would have lost in 6...should be one hell of a game 7

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=Snakeyestx;17896027]Game 6 repeat is necessary but since you're the visitors this time, the physicality will need to be turned up a bit more. Shane needs to do that ninja physicality and walking away from the play like in Game 6. Encite rage at home and they'll fall apart.

I think all 10 out of the 11 keys I posted in Game 6 still apply. Keeping KD cold, and Westbrook out of the paint is vital. Hardin alone can't push the score into scary figures, so it's mainly about containment.

Bench needs to be just as effective as game 6. There is no margin for error this time. Loser goes fishin'... Grizzlies don't like fishing.

There's a reason Thunderstorms are so short lived... :p

Ninja Edit : Hey! I just got a new forum title too! woot![/QUOTE

You go snakeyes! You post like a legend !!!

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Thunder are lucky they won that triple OT game cuz they would have lost in 6...should be one hell of a game 7

Yep my boys are being tested again for what they are made of.GO GRIZZLIES!!!!!!!!

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope we can pull this out. We have to be on top of our games for this one in okc. I just wonder why our guards are leaving shooters sometimes to double down on Perkins of all people

shen
05-15-2011, 03:04 PM
I and about 98% of Washington are rooting for Griz. Hope you guys get this.

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 03:42 PM
I and about 98% of Washington are rooting for Griz. Hope you guys get this.

THANKS shen; hope we can make a little more history !!! Go Grizz !!!

Wruff
05-15-2011, 04:09 PM
All the way Griz!!

DeyAce
05-15-2011, 05:33 PM
And this game is ova. Congrats on a great playoff run

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Good run Grizz! Look forward to next year

ohreally
05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Sorry that your guys lost, but it's still a great team. Look forward to seeing this team next year.

Carey
05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Much respect to you guys! i love ur coach and the way you guys play, all of it is conducive to competing for championships. Just wanted to post something that may have gotten unnoticed in the game forum.

Memphis is a classy and composed team, i love that about them besides the obvious talent and style of play. I also say this, i think the preconceived notion that Memphis has to get rid of somebody isnt accurate. Hypothetically if they re-sign Gasol for 5 years 60 million and pick up the option on Sam Young and extend the qualifying offer to Haddadi that will put them at about 68 million for next season for 12 players. Their payroll this year was 70 million. Battier will obviously have to take less but as long as their owner is willing to up the payroll by a couple million they'll be just fine. OJ Mayo would be difficult to keep under this scenario but u dont have to make that decision yet.

Baller1
05-15-2011, 06:18 PM
Congrats to you guys. Couldn't have asked for a better series, and your players and fans have all been classy.

Look forward to more series with you guys in the near future.

:cheers:

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Much respect to you guys! i love ur coach and the way you guys play, all of it is conducive to competing for championships. Just wanted to post something that may have gotten unnoticed in the game forum.

Memphis is a classy and composed team, i love that about them besides the obvious talent and style of play. I also say this, i think the preconceived notion that Memphis has to get rid of somebody isnt accurate. Hypothetically if they re-sign Gasol for 5 years 60 million and pick up the option on Sam Young and extend the qualifying offer to Haddadi that will put them at about 68 million for next season for 12 players. Their payroll this year was 70 million. Battier will obviously have to take less but as long as their owner is willing to up the payroll by a couple million they'll be just fine. OJ Mayo would be difficult to keep under this scenario but u dont have to make that decision yet.

Thanks Carey!!! We look forward to the future here in memphis, and much respect has been gained in the playoffs.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Congrats to you guys. Couldn't have asked for a better series, and your players and fans have all been classy.

Look forward to more series with you guys in the near future.

:cheers:

Thanks Baller!!! Congratulation to you guys, you have a really good team out there. You have been a classy poster all series, unlike some other thunder fans (soonerbama) cough cough, or something like that. Good luck against Dallas!

J.Twiggy
05-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Great season Grizz this team has nothing to feel bad about and this team will be a force next season.

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Thanks Baller!!! Congratulation to you guys, you have a really good team out there. You have been a classy poster all series, unlike some other thunder fans (soonerbama) cough cough, or something like that. Good luck against Dallas!

X2 Baller and carey; been a great and epic battle between the I-40 younguns of the NBA. I think I'll have a double right now. :cheers:

stephen_henson
05-15-2011, 06:45 PM
Anybody know when the grizz are coming back to town? Are people going out to meet them at the airport?

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Great season Grizz this team has nothing to feel bad about and this team will be a force next season.

Yeah, twiggy, I wasn't nervous at the start because they have had a WONDERFUL ride and I'm SO proud of them !

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Anybody know when the grizz are coming back to town? Are people going out to meet them at the airport?

no, did you check grizzlies.com?

mzgrizz
05-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you to everyone who came and posted during the playoffs and the regular season !!
We do welcome OTF's to this Forum and enjoy jawing in a GOOD way !
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY GRIZZLIES FOR A WONDERFUL SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!

SluggeR
05-15-2011, 07:07 PM
:clap: great season

Soonerule
05-15-2011, 07:45 PM
I am thrilled the Thunder won, but anyone not impressed with what the Grizz did in this post season is nuts. I shudder to think what would happen if Gay was healthy. You guys will be back and at a higher seed.

LJEATON26
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Great series. Memphis has a tremendous team and I hope we get to enjoy this rivalry for years to come!

Snakeyestx
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM
*sigh* This one hurts... I'll only be satisfied if the Thunder take out Dallas, or at least put them on the brink. I was never one for teams that beat the team you're rooting for just to lose in the next round. If they win the Western Conference finals, you could truly say "Yeah, they deserved the win over us as well."