PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook and Durant

rwynyc
05-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Are they capable of playing together long term. Regardless if they take this series or not. Westbrook wants the spot light IMO. I thought this team had a lot of promise but not so sure ego's will work.

Thoughts?

210Don
05-13-2011, 11:58 PM
kd needs to man up and take the ball oh and not shoot 9 3s

Chacarron
05-13-2011, 11:58 PM
It would be funny to see Durant explode on Westbrook during the off-season for ball hogging so much.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-14-2011, 12:07 AM
I think they can make it work. But I still think they try to trade Westbrook for CP3, or even D-Will if he tells New Jersey he won't re-sign.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:09 AM
I agree. Westbrook has ego problems and he has issues deferring to Durant. That in itself is gonna be an issue because Durant needs the ball in his hands at the end of games. 14 shots for Durant while Westbrook takes 25 is not the way OKC should play ball. Just in this game a saw a play with Westbrook and Durant in transition 2 on 3. Durant asked for the ball to run a set; Westbrook decided to go all the way and score a contested layup. Even though he scored, that type of attitude will hold them back.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Trade him and pieces for Chris Paul or Deron Williams

RZZZA
05-14-2011, 12:17 AM
I don't see how they can get a guy of Chris Pauls caliber, what pieces would they trade? Westbrook, Harden...and who else?

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't see how they can get a guy of Chris Pauls caliber, what pieces would they trade? Westbrook, Harden...and who else?

Westbrook + fillers alone gets it done. You underrate Westbrook. He is a top 5 pg

acehole
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Honestly Durant will never reach his full potential playing with a guy like Westbrick. I didn't get to watch the Thunder much during the season but after paying attention to them in the playoffs, its clear Westbrick wants the spotlight.

Its like the ball is glued to his hands, Westbrook just doesn't seem to pass. I really dont know how Scott Brooks allows him to hold the ball for 20 seconds and jack up a wild shot. When he's on the floor, nobody touches the ball. The guy wants to do everything himself. Im pretty sure his teammates are gonna get pissed off eventually, not just Durant but guys like Harden, Ibaka etc.

IMO they need to trade Westbrook and bring in a PG who can set KD up, not just look for his own shot 99% of the time.

northsider
05-14-2011, 12:27 AM
I doubt it is even possible but, I think if the Hawks could some how get Westy or Cp3 without losing most of what they have they would be in a great position.

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 12:28 AM
They don't need to trade Westbrook. He's a top 4 PG and probably a top 15 player in the NBA. If Bron and Wade can make it work, Durant and Westbrook can too.

acehole
05-14-2011, 12:29 AM
They don't need to trade Westbrook. He's a top 4 PG and probably a top 15 player in the NBA. If Bron and Wade can make it work, Durant and Westbrook can too.

Bron and Wade are WILLING passers, Westbrick is NOT.

koreancabbage
05-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Westbrook + fillers alone gets it done. You underrate Westbrook. He is a top 5 pg

sure but people rather have Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Derrick Rose
WAYYYYYY before they get Westbrook. Being top 5 sure, but the gap is still pretty far.

RZZZA
05-14-2011, 12:30 AM

and CP3 is arguably the best Pg in the NBA, no way Westbrook + filler gets it done... other teams can put together a better package than that.

johnwayne
05-14-2011, 12:31 AM

LMAO...You are underrating Westbrook......Chris Paul is watching Westbrook on TV from his house! lol

checkit
05-14-2011, 12:33 AM

I don't see why not. seems like a fair trade....but I'm sure Perk can be thrown in if needed and OKC can acquire Okafur's contract.

ChiSox219
05-14-2011, 12:33 AM

Westbrook is a bigger/stronger version of Devin Harris. While he is a great player, you really would trade Deron for RW and filler? I know I wouldn't, even with the age difference.

As for the topic, I don't know what Westbrook's deal is but he has a serious MJ complex. Or maybe it's something to do with Rose because I swear, Westbrook makes many of the mistakes Rose does, just RW does it more often and in more crucial situations while looking off a much greater teammate than anything Rose has.

RZZZA
05-14-2011, 12:37 AM
LMAO...You are underrating Westbrook......Chris Paul is watching Westbrook on TV from his house! lol

I don't think I am under rating Westbrook. He's amazing when he penetrates and he's able to finish at the rim as well as almost anyone in the league but that's all he's capable of really doing at this point in his career.

am I wrong?

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:44 AM
sure but people rather have Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Derrick Rose
WAYYYYYY before they get Westbrook. Being top 5 sure, but the gap is still pretty far.

Agreed but if Paul wants out, then its no longer about who they want but about who they can gat. I think Paul would resign with OKC. He doesnt seem like one of those types that wants the big market. He genuinely just wants to win. Im sure they have bowling alleys in OKC.

Ezio
05-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Marbury + KG all over again :sigh:

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Westbrook is a bigger/stronger version of Devin Harris. While he is a great player, you really would trade Deron for RW and filler? I know I wouldn't, even with the age difference.

As for the topic, I don't know what Westbrook's deal is but he has a serious MJ complex. Or maybe it's something to do with Rose because I swear, Westbrook makes many of the mistakes Rose does, just RW does it more often and in more crucial situations while looking off a much greater teammate than anything Rose has.

If Deron Williams tells Nj that he wont extend then HELL YEA i will accept that. If they wanna throw in more i wont complain.

As to your comparison, its way off. Westbrook is Derrick Rose with the IQ of a llama. Devin Harris is an amazing defender and is also less athletic.

RZZZA
05-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Westbrook is not Derrick Rose. The only thing similar about them is speed, penetrating and finishing ability at the rim.

Rose is superior at everything else. Shooting, leadership especially...

Giantwarrior
05-14-2011, 12:53 AM
I could see Westbrook in a Laker uniform.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Westbrook is not Derrick Rose. The only thing similar about them is speed, penetrating and finishing ability at the rim.

Like i said, Wesbrook is Rose but with -12 basketball IQ... Rose is not THAT much of a better shooter. Westbrook just takes ridiculous shots. Rose takes bad shots too but at least he is intelligent enough and selfless enough to defer to his teammates when his shot is off; Westbrook just keeps bricking. However thats all maturity and im sure with time, Westbrook will learn. I fully expect Westbrook to be in the convo with Rose again soon.

WickedBadMan
05-14-2011, 12:58 AM
Westbrook getting a lot of hate this series. Maybe if Durant could get off his man he would get the ball more.

RZZZA
05-14-2011, 01:00 AM
Like i said, Wesbrook is Rose but with -12 basketball IQ... Rose is not THAT much of a better shooter. Westbrook just takes ridiculous shots. Rose takes bad shots too but at least he is intelligent enough and selfless enough to defer to his teammates when his shot is off; Westbrook just keeps bricking. However thats all maturity and im sure with time, Westbrook will learn. I fully expect Westbrook to be in the convo with Rose again soon.

Rose really is THAT much of a better shooter than Westbrook...

llemon
05-14-2011, 01:03 AM
If OKC koses this series, this will prove to be a meaningful, insightful thread.

If OKC wins this series this will be a meaningless, stupid thread.

king4day
05-14-2011, 01:03 AM
Nash and first for Westbrook :)

Technically, he's exactly what they need in a PG.

king4day
05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
If OKC koses this series, this will prove to be a meaningful, insightful thread.

If OKC wins this series this will be a meaningless, stupid thread.

Winning this series doesn't fix the problem.

I agree with what someone mentioned earlier.
If Lebron and Wade can make it work then so could KD and Westbrook. Wade and James may be willing passers but they have a few more years experience than OKC's duo. It takes time.

ohreally
05-14-2011, 01:12 AM
Marbury + KG all over again :sigh:

Exactly. Marbury 2.0. Except that Marbury was actually a better passer.

poleandreel
dumb thread. He has played like this all year and they have had back to back 50 win seasons. They are fine and durant needs to develop some other scoring moves because he is on lock with allen and battier guarding him.

Westbrook is the reason we aren't swept in this series. He is the only thunder player that can drive and dribble. Durant is just shooting and chucking. If any of you watched thunder games ll year then none of these threads would be coming up.

llemon
Winning this series doesn't fix the problem.

I agree with what someone mentioned earlier.
If Lebron and Wade can make it work then so could KD and Westbrook. Wade and James may be willing passers but they have a few more years experience than OKC's duo. It takes time.

OKC winning this series means there isn't a problem, for now.

If OKC loses this series, then it is a problem.

bedford1829
05-14-2011, 01:14 AM
This is becoming too much of a recurring theme. I knew when I saw the final that Westbrook probably out shot Durant.

There are only a handfull of PG's in the history of the game who could get away with shooting 20+ shots a night while having their team still remain successful. And they weren't playing alongside a top 3 scorer in the league.

Now Westbrook may be a terrific scorer but on this team if they want to be successful his role is as a PG who facilitates for a truly transcendent offensive talent. Too often I have watched Westbrook dominate the basketball while Durant becomes a mere after thought

Durant deserves some blame for failing to be more assertive but if thunder don't wanna end up being eliminated by a team with half their talent. Then Westbrook needs to know his role as robin to Durante batman

marvILLous
05-14-2011, 01:15 AM
lol this is their first real playoff run in their careers. how about you give them.. especially westbrook, some more time to learn before questioning their future?

i still have them winning the title this year..

Raph12
05-14-2011, 02:02 AM
A package around Westbrook+Perk would certainly get the Magic's attention, especially if they take Arenas... Sounds better than most of the garbage I hear about on the net.

D Roses Bulls
05-14-2011, 02:06 AM
A package around Westbrook+Perk would certainly get the Magic's attention, especially if they take Arenas... Sounds better than most of the garbage I hear about on the net.

I like the magic so im gonna say no. perk is overrated and westbrook...... he is good, but can someone say steve francis all over again please.

Rose-For-Prez
05-14-2011, 02:15 AM
I do think they need a pg that will defer to KD I think they need to smash that into RW head and if he still wants all the spotlight then trade him.

Baller1
05-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Overreactions annoy me. And this thread is filled with them.

SP17
05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Durant and Paul are 1 combo I would like to see.. NO would probably do it if paul wont resign with them..

Raph12
05-14-2011, 02:57 AM
I like the magic so im gonna say no. perk is overrated and westbrook...... he is good, but can someone say steve francis all over again please.

Westbrook in his third season is having a better year than Francis ever had in his career, he's definitely not Steve Francis... As for Perk, I'd rather get Ibaka but we really need a center, maybe if we could get a third team involved somehow to get a center and Ibaka (plus unloading Arenas would be awesome).

D1JM
05-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Westy did good today. Durant struggled and west kept okc close

Sadds The Gr8
05-14-2011, 03:06 AM
if Westbrook wants to be the man, he can bring his *** to Toronto. he'd be worshiped like a god here.

CityofChaos
05-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Westbrook was taking appx. the same amount of shots during the regular season and NOW people want to talk about him being overrated?

hyb152
05-14-2011, 03:08 AM

Not rebounding

MalZee24
05-14-2011, 03:11 AM

i wouldnt go as far as calling westbrook a marbury 2.0 thats extreme

MalZee24
05-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Westy did good today. Durant struggled and west kept okc close

this has been the case many times this season. i had both durant and westbrook on my fantasy team and it seemed like at least half the season, westbrook was jordan and durant was pippen. trust me on that, the stats dont lie. it just seems like whenever westbrook outperformed durant, people overlooked it. when he plays poorly, people criticize him for trying to take the spotlight. i agree that it does kind of seem like there may be some ego problems, but it's not like westbrook isn't capable of outperforming durant because he's done it many times this year.

Raph12
05-14-2011, 03:16 AM

Wrong, Westbrook in his third season has already been better than Marbury ever was in his career, don't let "per game" stats deceive you, Westbrook is no Marbury...

D Roses Bulls
05-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Westbrook in his third season is having a better year than Francis ever had in his career, he's definitely not Steve Francis... As for Perk, I'd rather get Ibaka but we really need a center, maybe if we could get a third team involved somehow to get a center and Ibaka (plus unloading Arenas would be awesome).

that doesnt mean nothing. westbrook reminds me a lot of francis. if they were traded for dwight, okc would get the better end of the deal. perk is not all and westbrook would become less than what he is without durrant

Raph12
05-14-2011, 04:42 AM
that doesnt mean nothing. westbrook reminds me a lot of francis. if they were traded for dwight, okc would get the better end of the deal. perk is not all and westbrook would become less than what he is without durrant

No matter what trade we make, we will always get the lesser deal, but WB+Perk/Ibaka is way better than Bynum+Brown or w/e bs deal we get from NJ... WB is a legit star, whether you want to believe it or not, he was great when KD was out as well.

sep11ie
05-14-2011, 04:59 AM
I think Harden plays better next to Durant. I've really never been a fan of Westbrook really. I really don't like score first/all eyes on me PGs. A trade that would be good would be Rondo for Westbrook. Both players would suit the other teams much better.

Knickrocketsfan
05-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Westbrook plays exactly like rose. This is how rose would play if he had a second superstar.

Bulls_fan90
05-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Westbrook plays exactly like rose. This is how rose would play if he had a second superstar.

Cool story bro. Except this thread has nothing to do with Rose.

akagiredsuns
05-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Oh now people are gonna admit that Westbrook is hogging the spotlight. When I said that before, I was getting my neck rung about it & that oh Westbrook needs to get his touches too. What a crock. That Game 4 when Durant when what 9 minutes in the 4th without a touch? The only reason they won that game was cus by the 3rd overtime, Westbrook had 5 fouls and couldn't penetrate without risking a charge. Durant finally got the ball and took over like a beast. I don't care how good Westbrook is. He's an egomaniac. Trade him & get yourselves another point guard that is a team player. The Thunder will still be legit contenders. Thank you for posting this thread. Thunder = :facepalm:

akagiredsuns
05-14-2011, 08:14 AM
this has been the case many times this season. i had both durant and westbrook on my fantasy team and it seemed like at least half the season, westbrook was jordan and durant was pippen. trust me on that, the stats dont lie. it just seems like whenever westbrook outperformed durant, people overlooked it. when he plays poorly, people criticize him for trying to take the spotlight. i agree that it does kind of seem like there may be some ego problems, but it's not like westbrook isn't capable of outperforming durant because he's done it many times this year.

Durant is the reason Westbrook became a great player. It's amazing how much they overrate & overhype RW now when he does good. FAIL comment of the day. :facepalm:

kingbrentg
05-14-2011, 08:25 AM
Westbrook was taking appx. the same amount of shots during the regular season and NOW people want to talk about him being overrated?

He's gone from 17 FGA in the regular season to 21 FGA in the playoffs, with a 3 MPG spike.

Thing is, Durant is shooting pretty much exactly the same amount of shots in the playoffs as he did throughout the season. From 19.7 FGA in the season to 19.5 FGA in the playoffs.

Either way, I think the issue is slightly overblown. Durant should undoubtedly be taking the bigger bulk of shots most of the time. However, Durant was a meager 3-14 in Game 6, while Westbrook shot 50%. Westbrook just needs to do a better job of realizing when this is not the case.

Wrong, Westbrook in his third season has already been better than Marbury ever was in his career, don't let "per game" stats deceive you, Westbrook is no Marbury...

It's not really that big of a gap though, if one at all. He was just making a general statement, which I wouldn't flat out call "wrong" based on the numbers and possible situation. The better passer claim is fairly debatable at first glance also.

I would take Westbrook though, for what it's worth.

Based on what?

Wilson
05-14-2011, 08:42 AM
I think they're just a young team who are learning on the job in the play-offs. Relax guys :laugh2:

Johnnymo620
05-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Westbrook has shot more then Durant in 7 of 11 playoff games this year and there is no excuse for that westbrook needs to learn his role or get out of okc and be a star with a big man somewhere else. Only 1 point guard in nba should have most shots on his team and thats D Rose

assisi805
05-14-2011, 09:19 AM
and CP3 is arguably the best Pg in the NBA, no way Westbrook + filler gets it done... other teams can put together a better package than that.

Like who? Paul is a player you'd never get full value for no matter what happens, Westbrook a few picks and a player would be better then anyone else can offer cause this way their getting at least a star player back as apposed to a bunch of mediocre bench talent. No way New orleans gets as lucky as Denver did with the Melo trade.

ackar
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
I thought about while watching the game last night and came to this conclusion. The problem with Westbrook is he has a similar skill set to Rose.With him and rose being close and training together and he thinks he can play like Rose which he can but he is not on the right team for that. Westbrook needs to either dial back his game or adjust his game. He can play with Durant and still get his if he deferred but he won't I think OKC does not make past the Grizzlies and if they do Dallas should have an almost cake walk to the Finals.

Mallpha
05-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Westbrook is a SG he played with Darren Collison in college and started playing PG out of need in OKC, it worked fine and still somewhat does but it doesn't mean Westbrook is a PG - so just keep that in mind.

I have no idea how the hell is Sefolosha still starting i would put Eric Maynor on court with Durant and Westbrook. Then again playoffs might not be the best time for a change like that but still Westbrook mentality might be really of use if he wont be the plaing PG.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I thought about while watching the game last night and came to this conclusion. The problem with Westbrook is he has a similar skill set to Rose.With him and rose being close and training together and he thinks he can play like Rose which he can but he is not on the right team for that. Westbrook needs to either dial back his game or adjust his game. He can play with Durant and still get his if he deferred but he won't I think OKC does not make past the Grizzlies and if they do Dallas should have an almost cake walk to the Finals.

I agree, Westbrook plays like a man on a mission. The problem is that he goes about it the wrong way. If he had his own team he would be a Rose clone imo except Rose is a slightly better passer and shooter, and Westbrook is a better rebounder. I want to see Westbrook play on the Suns or Wolves. That would be sick!

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Westbrook is a SG he played with Darren Collison in college and started playing PG out of need in OKC, it worked fine and still somewhat does but it doesn't mean Westbrook is a PG - so just keep that in mind.

I have no idea how the hell is Sefolosha still starting i would put Eric Maynor on court with Durant and Westbrook. Then again playoffs might not be the best time for a change like that but still Westbrook mentality might be really of use if he wont be the plaing PG.

A lot of todays point guards are not true point guards. The only elite true PGs today are Paul, and Deron and probably Irving when he comes in. Guys like Westbrook, Rose, Wall etc are combo guards.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 11:10 AM
No matter what trade we make, we will always get the lesser deal, but WB+Perk/Ibaka is way better than Bynum+Brown or w/e bs deal we get from NJ... WB is a legit star, whether you want to believe it or not, he was great when KD was out as well.

Agreed. If these rumors are just that, then hopefully Dwight Howard will expand his mind and see that OKC and CHI are his best destinations. Out of those two i think he should choose OKC cuz they can offer a better deal and Durant fits him better than Rose

John Walls Era
05-14-2011, 11:17 AM
They can work together, but KD needs to stop worrying about their friendship and put Westy in check. KD was pissed off in game 5 where he asked his coach "why the **** did he not give me the ball" after a missed attempt before going into OT. LINK (http://www.google.ca/search?q=durant+westbrook+why+the+bleep&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=CVH&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=durant+westbrook+why+the+bleep+did+he+not+give+m e+the+ball&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=65d1d89e1695987d)

Maybe Westbrook is watching Rose dominates and wants to prove that he can do the same :shrug:.

EDIT: Not "dominates".... just get points I mean.

Mallpha
05-14-2011, 11:21 AM
A lot of todays point guards are not true point guards. The only elite true PGs today are Paul, and Deron and probably Irving when he comes in. Guys like Westbrook, Rose, Wall etc are combo guards.

I agree with you, thing is it aint only about skill set but also about the mentality and what is your actual comfort zone. I think mental wise Westbrook will always be better suited to play SG then PG.

Cant really say its based on something more then a hunch, but as much as i would have no problems trusting some of combo guards running the show playing point, in some cases (Barbosa Ellis) i see them more as undersized SG able of playing point for some periods of time then being full time pg.

Simply put Rose and some others i would rather see playing point then SG with Westbrook its other way around.

jonline87
05-14-2011, 11:30 AM
If they can't work it out in the long run, they will forever rue their immaturity. Both guys are 22 and tops in the league at their position. I would not be surprised to see them start winning championships by this year or next. Unless of course they continue to act like teenagers, then they'll blow this great opportunity they have. It's sort of like T-Mac. If he only stuck it out with TOR or ORL, things may have gone differently.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I agree with you, thing is it aint only about skill set but also about the mentality and what is your actual comfort zone. I think mental wise Westbrook will always be better suited to play SG then PG.

Cant really say its based on something more then a hunch, but as much as i would have no problems trusting some of combo guards running the show playing point, in some cases (Barbosa Ellis) i see them more as undersized SG able of playing point for some periods of time then being full time pg.

Simply put Rose and some others i would rather see playing point then SG with Westbrook its other way around.

I see your point and i agree. Rose definitely is better suited than Westbrook for the point. Westbrook lacks the vision and iq to make the correct plays. Rose is also a little more composed under pressure wheras Westbrook seems always jittery an trigger happy when in those situations

rwynyc
05-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Call me crazy but I think westbrook has more potential then durant

Draco
05-14-2011, 12:13 PM
If WB can't play effectively with Durant and all of the defensive attention he receives, then WB won't play any better on a team where he's the best player.

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Hope they don't solve this before tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!

Baller1
05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
:laugh:

You people are ridiculous. You're all claiming that you've been watching the games here in the playoffs, and you're finally getting to see the "true Westbrook". I find that hard to believe though, because if you've been watchig the games you'd realize that Durant and Brooks deserve just as much blame if not more.

Watch Durant try to shed his defender. It's one attempt to come off a screen, then one attempt to post his man on the three point line, and then he stands. How the **** is that Westbrooks fault? By that time, there's 10 seconds or less on the shot clock which forces Westbrook to play with the cards he's dealt, and those cards are complete ****; thus, the questionable shots come into play.

And even worse than Durant's weak attempts to get open, is the offensive system, or lack thereof. The offense is "Westbrook dribble at the top until Durant gets open; if he can't, then figure something out". But wait! Westbrook is just a ballhog! He needs to pass to
Durant!... Well, it's kinda hard when you have an overrated, incompetent coach who's failed to integrate an offensive system in two full years with the team.

You people are unbelievable. Don't claim to watch the games if you're not actually watching the games.

Baller1
05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Dp

CeeDub15
05-14-2011, 12:45 PM
I definetely think they can make it work. But we will see what happens i guess.

Bookey
05-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Russell Westbrook is the most overrated player in the league, he is nowhere near Chris Paul.

Bookey
05-14-2011, 12:51 PM

Not even the finish around the rim ability Westbrook sucks, and misses easy layups all the time

Baller1
05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Not even the finish around the rim ability Westbrook sucks, and misses easy layups all the time

http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2011&gp=0&mins=0

Westbrook finishes at the rim better than Rose. Finishing isn't the problem, try again.

flclfanman
05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Russell Westbrook is the most overrated player in the league, he is nowhere near Chris Paul.

Kobe Bryant would like a world with you :eyebrow:

Jumba
05-14-2011, 01:48 PM
I think the true root of this problem that baller brought up was how overrated Scott Brooks is. Jesus Christ, at this point I dont think the Thunder run plays. For that, I have to give Westbrook for making utter **** out of nothing.

flclfanman
05-14-2011, 01:53 PM
http://www.hoopdata.com/shotstats.aspx?team=%25&type=pg&posi=PG&yr=2011&gp=0&mins=0

Westbrook finishes at the rim better than Rose. Finishing isn't the problem, try again.

The correct answer is decision-making. Westbrook is insanely talented, but he makes more bone-headed plays that hurts his team (So does Rose, but a lot less)

RW also needs to tweak that jumpshot. Not exactly a thing of beauty :puke:

Carey
05-14-2011, 02:17 PM
They'll be fine, what the outside fan cant see is that this problem has just as much to do with the offensive system in place(or lack of one), and the fact that they are in the starting lineup with 2 non offensive players and one who is developing but is still dependent on them to get his looks. Next year Harden will start and im begging anyone i can to get an offensive minded veteran assistant to take over the offense and we will be just fine. Westbrook is depending upon very heavily to score, Our offensive system is horrible and KD has to get stronger and better at getting open and commanding the ball. They both are extremely young guys so i expect them to figure it out as their natural progression continues.

poleandreel
05-14-2011, 02:19 PM
:laugh:

You people are ridiculous. You're all claiming that you've been watching the games here in the playoffs, and you're finally getting to see the "true Westbrook". I find that hard to believe though, because if you've been watchig the games you'd realize that Durant and Brooks deserve just as much blame if not more.

Watch Durant try to shed his defender. It's one attempt to come off a screen, then one attempt to post his man on the three point line, and then he stands. How the **** is that Westbrooks fault? By that time, there's 10 seconds or less on the shot clock which forces Westbrook to play with the cards he's dealt, and those cards are complete ****; thus, the questionable shots come into play.

And even worse than Durant's weak attempts to get open, is the offensive system, or lack thereof. The offense is "Westbrook dribble at the top until Durant gets open; if he can't, then figure something out". But wait! Westbrook is just a ballhog! He needs to pass to
Durant!... Well, it's kinda hard when you have an overrated, incompetent coach who's failed to integrate an offensive system in two full years with the team.

You people are unbelievable. Don't claim to watch the games if you're not actually watching the games.

+1. There is a reason why the game threads have 20 pages every night. People do not watch the games and they look at the box score and see that westbrook took more shots than durant and then complain.

Westbrook has been incredible with turning nothing in to something in this series. Durant is so weak and pathetic at getting open and he deserves MOST of the blame for their ****** play. He cannot do anything and can't take his guy off the dribble. Westbrook is the reason the thunder won that triple overtime game and the reason they were even in the second game of last nights game.

I find it hilarious that people make comments about them not working together when this is how they played all year except durant has better defenders on him. This is the same thing that happened last year with artest on him. HE SUCKS AGAINST TOUGH DEFENDERS AND SHUTS IT DOWN.

Last year was westbrooks coming out party against the lakers because durant was getting shut down so westbrook took over but no one said **** then.

5ass
05-14-2011, 02:29 PM
its because durant doesnt need to lose his defender before getting the ball, u just feed him the ball with the defender on him and watch him go to work, but i do agree their offense isnt great

Raph12
05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
It's not really that big of a gap though, if one at all. He was just making a general statement, which I wouldn't flat out call "wrong" based on the numbers and possible situation. The better passer claim is fairly debatable at first glance also.

I would take Westbrook though, for what it's worth.

It is a big gap, his third season was significantly better than any season Marbury ever had... Nuff said.

gaughan333
05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
I've been saying this entire post season that the two of them are gonna get into a fight. Westrbook needs to learn he is not the number 1 option on that team.

gaughan333
05-14-2011, 05:16 PM
If Deron Williams tells Nj that he wont extend then HELL YEA i will accept that. If they wanna throw in more i wont complain.

As to your comparison, its way off. Westbrook is Derrick Rose with the IQ of a llama. Devin Harris is an amazing defender and is also less athletic.

Interesting animal choice. This post made me lol.

kingbrentg
05-14-2011, 08:07 PM
It is a big gap, his third season was significantly better than any season Marbury ever had... Nuff said.

That "nuff said" garble doesn't work for me.

10-11 Westbrook: 21.9 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 8.2 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 3.9 TO, 44.2 FG%, 33.0 3PT%, 84.2 FT%, 34.7 MPG

10-11 Westbrook (AS): 45.4 eFG%, 53.8 TS%, 23.6 PER, 42.7 AST%, 15.9 TO%, 31.6 USG%, 110 ORtg, 107 DRtg, 0.159 WS/48

00-01 Marbury: 23.9 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 7.6 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG, 2.9 TO, 44.1 FG%, 32.8 3PT%, 79.0 FT%, 38.2 MPG

00-01 Marbury (AS): 48.4 eFG%, 54.0 TS%, 22.7 PER, 40.8 AST%, 11.8 TO%, 29.7 USG%, 110 ORtg, 109 DRtg, 0.147 WS/48

04-05 Marbury: 21.7 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 8.1 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.1 BPG, 2.8 TO, 46.2 FG%, 35.4 3PT%, 83.4 FT%, 40.0 MPG

04-05 Marbury (AS): 50.6 eFG%, 57.5 TS%, 21.9 PER, 36.0 AST%, 13.1 TO%, 24.8 USG%, 118 ORtg, 110 DRtg, 0.171 WS/48

Career Highs:

Stephon Marbury Russell Westbrook

Rebounds: 3.2 4.9
Assists: 8.9 8.2
Blocks: 0.3 0.4
Steals: 1.6 1.9
Turnovers: 2.4 3.3
FG%: 46.2 44.2
3-PT%: 35.7 33.0
FT% 83.4 84.2
eFG%: 50.6 45.4
TS%: 57.5 53.8
PER: 22.7 23.6
AST%: 44.0 42.7
TO%: 11.8 15.9
USG%: 29.7 31.6
ORtg: 118 110
DRtg: 106 106
WS/48: 0.171 0.159
Minutes: 40.2 34.7

It's not a big gap what so ever.

Marbury also played on arguably much less talented teams in those 00-01, 04-05 seasons than Westbrook did this year.

I think Westbrook surpasses him easily going into the future, seeing as he's only in his 3rd year and already rivaling Marbury. He's a tremendous talent, but at this point, he doesn't have a significant gap on Marbury at all.

Bravo95
05-14-2011, 08:48 PM
I think the true root of this problem that baller brought up was how overrated Scott Brooks is. Jesus Christ, at this point I dont think the Thunder run plays. For that, I have to give Westbrook for making utter **** out of nothing.
100% agreed. They don't run enough early sets for Durant; that's on the coach. KD needs to do a better job getting open, also.