PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard was right about the Orlando media.

Gibby23
05-13-2011, 08:56 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/05/would-an-offer-of-pau-gasol-and-lamar-odom-for-dwight-howard-tempt-the-orlando-magic.html

The Orlando paper put a poll out to ask the fans if the Magic should trade Howard and the yes vote is winning...

Avenged
05-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Weird.. you would think that a paper viewed by the people of Orlando would reject any deal involving Dwight.

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 09:07 PM
lol , smh but

Nets have a better offer Brook Lopez and Humphries

netsgiantsyanks
05-13-2011, 09:12 PM
so they're saying they want to suck for eternity?? the second dwight howard puts on another uniform is when the orlando magic becomes irrevelant to mainly everyone. i'm not trying to be a *******, it's true.

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Its a self fulfilling prophecy. Dwight will be a Laker soon. Unless the Lakers grow smart and target Paul

Lakers + Giants
05-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Now he's going to say it's ok to leave orlando because the fans were OK with it anyways. Don't worry Dwight, we'll welcome you with open arms! :)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Another funny thing is that the same newspaper did this on their site.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-2012-interactive,0,1600830.htmlpage

johnwayne
05-13-2011, 09:37 PM
lol , smh but

lmao howard for lopez and humphries? come on lets be serious....anything less than noah and boozer wont even be considered.

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
lmao howard for lopez and humphries? come on lets be serious....anything less than noah and boozer wont even be considered.

Why does ORL want two overpaid power forwards?... /sarcarm

k.smith904
05-13-2011, 09:44 PM
The fans probably have no faith that their front office will bring in players to keep Dwight, so the majority would rather just play it safe and reload with some other good players.

Lake_Show2416
05-13-2011, 09:45 PM
good, help him out the door to LA

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM

LOL I was being sarcastic.

Only Net fans believe that's possible

johnwayne
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Why does ORL want two overpaid power forwards?... /sarcarm

noah's the 3rd best center in the league behind howard and bynum, and boozer slumped the first 2 rounds of the playoffs but he had PLENTY of outstanding games during the season, and was the main reason the bulls smacked the hawks in game 6......gasol and bynum or noah and boozer are the only deals i would accept if i were orlando.

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 10:04 PM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

All Centers better than Brook lopez

DJakk
05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
They are making money by pushing him away, and once he leaves, they will just make more money complaining about him being a traitor.

5ass
05-13-2011, 10:07 PM
noah's the 3rd best center in the league behind howard and bynum, and boozer slumped the first 2 rounds of the playoffs but he had PLENTY of outstanding games during the season, and was the main reason the bulls smacked the hawks in game 6......gasol and bynum or noah and boozer are the only deals i would accept if i were orlando.

only some bulls fans think he's the 3rd best center id say hes somewhere around 7-8. also gasol and bynum over noah and boozer and its not even close. noah is just pure hustle, bynum is better offensively.. gasol would take a **** on boozer anyday... except if he is "suffering from the suffering of his girlfriend":facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 10:09 PM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

:facepalm:

lakerfan3118
05-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Just considering the trade hypothetically, would it put the Magic in a better position to win next year? I don't necessarily think the team would be all that much worse.

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 10:13 PM

why the facepalm. Oh i forgot Marc Gasol

Lakerhead4ever
05-13-2011, 10:13 PM
i wouldnt trade him for gasol or odom

bynum and others only.

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 10:22 PM
why the facepalm. Oh i forgot Marc Gasol

Your post was beyond stupid. Then again i can't expect any better from you.

1. Howard
2. Bynum
3. Bogut
4. A. Jefferson
5. Nene
6. Lopez
7. M.Gasol
8. T.Chandler
9. Cousins
10. Noah

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 10:26 PM

bynum and others only.

The Lakers won't have leaverage because the Lakers cant sign Dwight outright so whatever ORL wants, they will get.

Bynum+Gasol for Dwight and Arenas makes sense on most levels. Its the best ORL can get from any of Dwights preferred destinations; NY, NJ, LA, and for the purposes of argument, CHI.

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 10:36 PM

1. Howard
2. Bynum
3. Bogut
4. A. Jefferson
5. Nene
6. Lopez
7. M.Gasol
8. T.Chandler
9. Cousins
10. Noah

Ok smart one.

Show me anybody that would take Lopez on their team over.

T.Chandler
M.Gasol
Cousins
Noah

No one !!!!!

BigCityofDreams
05-13-2011, 10:52 PM
SMH but it won't be the last time.

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Ok smart one.

Show me anybody that would take Lopez on their team over.

T.Chandler
M.Gasol
Cousins
Noah

No one !!!!!

It depends heavily on what team needs are. Noah is just an energy, hustle guy. He is a role player. A REALLY good role player at that but a role player none the less. Marc Gasol is being overrated because of these playoffs. He HAS been playing great ball but he is not a better C than Brook Lopez. Tyson Chandler has impressed me in DAL but he has to show me more before i rank him above Lopez. Chandler's post game is putrid and he relies heaily on put backs and oops for his points. Cousins is intriguing. I truly believe he will acend to being a top 5 C soon but i dont need to tell you that Lopez is better as you didnt even mention Cousins.

The main thing that all those centers have on Lopez is that they rebound while Lopez gets pushed and bullied on the court cuz he is so skinny.

His first two seasons prove that he can rebound when in shape and motivated.

Centers that can rebound and defend are a dime a dozen. Lopez is the most offensively talented C in the league. If he bulks up and works with a big man coach on boxing out, he can be a top 3 C in this league.

netsgiantsyanks
05-13-2011, 11:00 PM
last time i checked, this was a dwight howard thread, not a comparison thread. i swear some people just like to bait to make themselves feel better.

rwynyc
05-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Amare Chauncey Fileds for arenas and d12

You get an allstar, an expiring, and a young cheap player with decent upside

I think this is a pretty good offer.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Amare Chauncey Fileds for arenas and d12

You get an allstar, an expiring, and a young cheap player with decent upside

I think this is a pretty good offer.

That would only happen if Isiah was still the Knicks GM.

phillyphan4
05-13-2011, 11:10 PM

In all honesty they would get Kim Kardashian and her sex tape in the same package as Lopez and Humphries. That may push Orlando management over the edge.

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 11:12 PM
That would only happen if Isiah was still the Knicks GM.

Why? Thats a steal for the Knicks

AllBall
05-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Its a self fulfilling prophecy. Dwight will be a Laker soon. Unless the Lakers grow smart and target Paul

This x100

WHODAT8o8
05-13-2011, 11:16 PM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

No Marc Gasol :facepalm:

Kevj77
05-13-2011, 11:30 PM
The Lakers won't have leaverage because the Lakers cant sign Dwight outright so whatever ORL wants, they will get.

Bynum+Gasol for Dwight and Arenas makes sense on most levels. Its the best ORL can get from any of Dwights preferred destinations; NY, NJ, LA, and for the purposes of argument, CHI.I keep saying in the Lakers forum that we will have to take Arenas. Lakers don't have the same leverage the Knicks had in the Melo situation. The Knicks had cap space to make him a very good offer as a free agent. Lakers only have the MLE if it is still around in the new CBA. Howard also reportedly has named NY and NJ as possible destinations besides LA, Melo only wanted to go to NY.

NY had waaay more leverage than the Lakers will have if they go after Howard and Orlando knows it.

rwynyc
05-13-2011, 11:32 PM
Why? Thats a steal for the Knicks

I think it is a better deal in comparison to Pau, and Bynum. They might be two better players, but the knicks trade gives them cap flexibility. Everyone knows you arent winning a championship with pau and bynum in orlando with the rest of that team. Bynum cannot stay healhty and he is young.

i am not saying Amare will lead them either but he proved he can carry a load by himself.

If you cant compete the next best thing is filling seats without a ridiculous payroll, and amare does that over bynum and pau

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 11:37 PM
I keep saying in the Lakers forum that we will have to take Arenas. Lakers don't have the same leverage the Knicks had in the Melo situation. The Knicks had cap space to make him a very good offer as a free agent. Lakers only have the MLE if it is still around in the new CBA. Howard also reportedly has named NY and NJ as possible destinations besides LA, Melo only wanted to go to NY.

NY had waaay more leverage than the Lakers will have if they go after Howard and Orlando knows it.

I agree 100%. The Lakers main source of leverage will be that Bynum is potentially the best young C they can get. However lets not forget that ORL will have no guarantee that Bynum will stay healthy or that he will even commit to staying in ORL.

Another possible snag for ORL is that while LA can bring them a good return, will the ORL owner be willing to continue paying all that luxury tax for a team that will most likely not generate too much profit and will most likely not win anything? I know i personally would prefer the immediate saving that would come from dealing Dwight to a team with cap space like LAC, and NJ... especially when the Nets and Clippers offers wouldnt be half bad.

Chill_Will_24
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
I think it is a better deal in comparison to Pau, and Bynum. They might be two better players, but the knicks trade gives them cap flexibility. Everyone knows you arent winning a championship with pau and bynum in orlando with the rest of that team. Bynum cannot stay healhty and he is young.

i am not saying Amare will lead them either but he proved he can carry a load by himself.

If you cant compete the next best thing is filling seats without a ridiculous payroll, and amare does that over bynum and pau

Amare will NOT win them anything except early playoff exits every year. Amare will not generate the same amount of hype and excitement in ORL to make them profitable. In addition to that, Amare will not replace the thing that made them so dominant with Dwight; elite interior defense and rebounding.

I fully expect ORL to go into a rebuilding situation

Confusious
05-13-2011, 11:49 PM
lol , smh but

Who are they?

rwynyc
05-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Amare will NOT win them anything except early playoff exits every year. Amare will not generate the same amount of hype and excitement in ORL to make them profitable. In addition to that, Amare will not replace the thing that made them so dominant with Dwight; elite interior defense and rebounding.

I fully expect ORL to go into a rebuilding situation

Go back and re read what I wrote. I said he will not win you a championship either. I said nothing about being profitable. I said more people would go to see amare over boring fundamental players in pau and bynum. I did not say Amare would replace D12. D12 like lebron is a once in a lifetime player. If you fully expect orlando to go into rebuilding then why a couple posts earlier did you write PAU and BYNUM is a good trade for orlando :facepalm:

IAmKira
05-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Amazing how the writer of that article proposed that deal. What makes him think Lakers will give up Gasol and Odom for Howard? What the hell you gonna do with Bynum then? Who's playing the Power forward? Howard? This deal fail to make sense at all. Probably cripple Laker's chance @ contending in the future with Arenas's garbage contract.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Go back and re read what I wrote. I said he will not win you a championship either. I said nothing about being profitable. I said more people would go to see amare over boring fundamental players in pau and bynum. I did not say Amare would replace D12. D12 like lebron is a once in a lifetime player. If you fully expect orlando to go into rebuilding then why a couple posts earlier did you write PAU and BYNUM is a good trade for orlando :facepalm:

Let me rephrase. I fully expect them to WANT to go into a rebuild but i just cant see them trading him in conference. That being said, even thou i think LAC makes sense for them AND Dwight i think that Dwight's wants Lakers not so much because its LA but because its the Lakers. So i predict that he will be a Laker but i dont think thats what ORL wants.

The disappointment from losing Dwight will leave that franchise and its fans heartbroken. The only ones that will come watch the Magic will be die hard fans. The rest will convert to Heat fans of fans of whatever team Dwight ends up on.

rwynyc
05-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Can you restructure a contract in the nba. Can a team go to arenas and say hey we will give you more years and a prolonged retirement if we cut down your last years pay, and spread it out with an extra million each year. I dont know if that makes any sense but just curious if its possible

ldawg
05-14-2011, 12:09 AM
no way Bynum, Odom and blake sound more like it. no way i trade u both pf pau is a keeper. what would we do with Howard and Bynum? sound like an over lap to me.

Kevj77
05-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Chill I think the Lakers have one more source of leverage, Dr. Buss has a big wallet. He might be one of the few owners willing to absorb Arenas and that horrid contract. Bynum obviously would be the main player, he would be in his prime when Orlando is finally out of cap hell assuming he can stay healthy. If you can trade Arenas as part of the deal for Gasol or Odom plus fillers that is not a bad deal.

Howard does have some leverage that is why he named NY and NJ. Those teams depending on the new CBA will have the cap space to sign him as a free agent, which makes the possibility of him leaving for nothing real. If Howard really wants to be in LA he has to make the possibility of leaving the Magic high and dry a real possibility.

This is going to be interesting.

rwynyc
05-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Let me rephrase. I fully expect them to WANT to go into a rebuild but i just cant see them trading him in conference. That being said, even thou i think LAC makes sense for them AND Dwight i think that Dwight's wants Lakers not so much because its LA but because its the Lakers. So i predict that he will be a Laker but i dont think thats what ORL wants.

The disappointment from losing Dwight will leave that franchise and its fans heartbroken. The only ones that will come watch the Magic will be die hard fans. The rest will convert to Heat fans of fans of whatever team Dwight ends up on.

I think we can agree that nothing will replace dwight, and its going to be pick your poison.

LOOTERX9
05-14-2011, 12:23 AM
I will welcome Dwight to NY. We will appreciate you here Howard....

koreancabbage
05-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Can you restructure a contract in the nba. Can a team go to arenas and say hey we will give you more years and a prolonged retirement if we cut down your last years pay, and spread it out with an extra million each year. I dont know if that makes any sense but just curious if its possible

only if both parties agree. Arenas has something to say to you '**** YOU!"

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Chill I think the Lakers have one more source of leverage, Dr. Buss has a big wallet. He might be one of the few owners willing to absorb Arenas and that horrid contract. Bynum obviously would be the main player, he would be in his prime when Orlando is finally out of cap hell assuming he can stay healthy. If you can trade Arenas as part of the deal for Gasol or Odom plus fillers that is not a bad deal.

Howard does have some leverage that is why he named NY and NJ. Those teams depending on the new CBA will have the cap space to sign him as a free agent, which makes the possibility of him leaving for nothing real. If Howard really wants to be in LA he has to make the possibility of leaving the Magic high and dry a real possibility.

This is going to be interesting.

Since the Lakers and Magic are BOTH over the cap, they have to match salaries. So no matter who they get from the Lakers for Dwight and Arenas, the salaries will have to match.

I think we can all agree that once Dwight leaves the Magic will lose profitability to an extreme. If your the Magic owner, do you want to keep paying all that luxury tax for a team that is a lot worse than the one you had, is still strapped to make moves, and is not even assured that the centerpiece (Bynum) will remain healthyu or even with the team longterm? I know i wouldn't. That's paying way too much money for such a huge risk.

They are better off rebuilding by trading with a team that has cap space and hoping the new CBA indeed includes an Amnesty clause. That will give them IMMEDIATE savings and its not such a risk.

I agree that its gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

numba1CHANGsta
05-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Bye Bye Orlando, Hello Hollywood ;)

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 12:37 AM
only if both parties agree. Arenas has something to say to you '**** YOU!"

Arenas has done it before. Its not so farfetchd

Ryan328
05-14-2011, 01:26 AM
As a Lakers fan, I want Howard. I just go back forth with who else (Bynum obviously going)I give up. Gasol or Odom? Howard-Gasol-Artest-Bryant-Fisher/Blake is nice, but I like Odom's versatility. But a Howard-Gasol frontline could be amazing.

Supreme LA
05-14-2011, 01:48 AM

bynum and others only.

Exactly. If the Lakers still want to win right now then they aren't going to be giving up Odom. Odom is our bench and he is the most unique player in the league to me. I would only give up Gasol or Bynum and others, most preferably Bynum.

I don't believe it will happen. The front office seems pretty intent on keep this group together. I agree with the decision as well considering our options and the faith I still have in our team. Bynum and others for Dwight and that's it. If it can't happen than I would rather just pass.

Kevj77
05-14-2011, 01:51 AM
Chill Will Bynum and Gasol or Odom plus fillers for Howard and Arenas matches salary. If Howard leaves as a free agent they won't be able to get under the cap, sure they will be able to avoid luxury tax, but you are losing Howard for nothing and are still over the cap. It makes Orlando a lottery team that is over the cap until 2014. NY is over the cap for next year after taking the option on Billups so they would have to match and they don't have the salary to take back Arenas. That leaves NJ and what do they have to trade. However, both NY and NJ will have cap space to sign him as a free agent after next year. Of all the teams supposedly on his list only the Lakers could take back Arenas, but they can't offer expirings

You can't get a good deal from anyone not on Howard's list he would be willing to sign an extension with. Nobody rents a player that costs a fortune to acquire.

Does an owner with a new building really want to go into rebuilding mode that will take him three years to clear cap space. It would be a 4-5 year rebuilding process. Talk about losing the trust of a fanbase.

Supreme LA
05-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Since the Lakers and Magic are BOTH over the cap, they have to match salaries. So no matter who they get from the Lakers for Dwight and Arenas, the salaries will have to match.

I think we can all agree that once Dwight leaves the Magic will lose profitability to an extreme. If your the Magic owner, do you want to keep paying all that luxury tax for a team that is a lot worse than the one you had, is still strapped to make moves, and is not even assured that the centerpiece (Bynum) will remain healthyu or even with the team longterm? I know i wouldn't. That's paying way too much money for such a huge risk.

They are better off rebuilding by trading with a team that has cap space and hoping the new CBA indeed includes an Amnesty clause. That will give them IMMEDIATE savings and its not such a risk.

I agree that its gonna be interesting to see how it plays out.

The Lakers won't be giving up Lamar or taking on Arena's contract. They won't do it for any reason I'm almost sure of it. They still have faith in this team as do I, and if another deal can't be worked out for Dwight than I really see them passing.

SP17
05-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Probably the most LA would offer is Drew and LO..

Something like this

Drew.,LO.,Walton.,Ebanks., Caracter and picks
for
Dwight and Arenas..

IF the magic asks for Bynum and Pau., I think LA would shy away and stick with the core and upgrade using the MLE,BAE and TE from sasha deal..

Raph12
05-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Apparently the Orlando Sentinel is owned by the Chicago Tribune, so they could care less about the city of Orlando or Dwight Howard, they just want to people to read it.

D Roses Bulls
05-14-2011, 02:03 AM
Apparently the Orlando Sentinel is owned by the Chicago Tribune, so they could care less about the city of Orlando or Dwight Howard, they just want to people to read it.

oh please...... yeah blame the tribune for how dumb orlando writers are.

D Roses Bulls
05-14-2011, 02:04 AM

1. Howard
2. Bynum
3. Bogut
4. A. Jefferson
5. Nene
6. Lopez
7. M.Gasol
8. T.Chandler
9. Cousins
10. Noah

when I saw noah at 10th, I stopped taking this seriously....... lopez is OVERRATED..... Noah just made all defensive second team and he is 10th?........ come on now

NYtilIdie
05-14-2011, 02:45 AM
They don't want to lose him for nothing like they did Shaq, so they're just playing it safe.

Raph12
05-14-2011, 02:53 AM
oh please...... yeah blame the tribune for how dumb orlando writers are.

Not my point, my point is that the editor could care less about publishing something like that because it doesn't really mean much to them... You bet if this happened in Chitown with DRose, you wouldn't see bs articles like this.

Same thing happened to Shaq back in '96.

SP17
05-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Not my point, my point is that the editor could care less about publishing something like that because it doesn't really mean much to them... You bet if this happened in Chitown with DRose, you wouldn't see bs articles like this.

hey raph..just your honest opinion..will dwight get traded? and when?

kenzo400
05-14-2011, 03:02 AM
Marc Gasol is better than Noah. His defensive game is just as good and his offense is better.

Raph12
05-14-2011, 03:19 AM
hey raph..just your honest opinion..will dwight get traded? and when?

He will wait out this season with the Magic and try to win, if we're eliminated in the first 2 rounds, game over. I think he'll try to get CP3 or DWill to come here, but realistically speaking, the only way that'll happen is via trade and the Magic don't have anything of value to trade to the Hornets/Nets.

He will get traded (s&t) and it'll happen in the 2012 offseason, book it.

ldawg
05-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Howard need to bolt from the east or he will be tko every year and if he is smart he pushes now and not later. The sooner the better.

Ryan328
05-14-2011, 03:47 AM
PSD, for arguments sake, let's assume LA and Orlando work out a D12 trade this upcoming summer (even though I think it's more likely to happen in summer '12---much like Ralph said, s&t). Say LA trades Gasol and Bynum for Howard. How would the Magic stack up in the East with Boston, Miami, Chicago and even New York, and I guess Atlanta to.

Projected ORL Line up

Bynum
Gasol
Turkoglu
J-Richardson
Nelson

D Roses Bulls
05-14-2011, 04:31 AM

than don't blame the tribune. orlando is gonna do them no matter what to get the readers. it had nothing to do with the tribune. it would happen no matter what.

Raph12
05-14-2011, 04:44 AM
than don't blame the tribune. orlando is gonna do them no matter what to get the readers. it had nothing to do with the tribune. it would happen no matter what.

The Tribune is to blame for the Sentinel, period, they could censor anything they want, they just choose not to... Shaq blamed the Sentinel for his leaving, now the validity has no merit, the only thing that matters was that he was right, they underappreciated him and he went somewhere his contributions were valued.

magichatnumber9
05-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Dwight the Tyrant

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 11:39 AM
when I saw noah at 10th, I stopped taking this seriously....... lopez is OVERRATED..... Noah just made all defensive second team and he is 10th?........ come on now

Noah is a role player. A pure energy, hustle guy. He is great a what he does and plays his role very well but lets not be short sighted. Most people in PSD suffer from the same knee jerk reactions when analyzing player's games. Thats why last year Lopez was overrated and this year he is underrated.

Lopez rebounded well his first two years and had an off year "coincidently" after a bout with Mononucleosis where he lost 25pds of weight and lost strength. So i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think most intelligent posters would agree that it is much easier to bulk up an offensively talented 7'1 center with excellent touch and teach him how to properly box out and fight for rebounds, than teaching a 6'11 hustle and energy garbage man how to score with his back to the basket, score in a variety of ways in the post, shoot free throws, develop a shooting touch, and grow 2 inches... ill take Lopez.

I feel my list is pretty fair. There is not one C in my list i would take Noah over if i was starting a team from scratch and wanted to take a C first. Like i said, Noah is great for the Bulls because he knows his role and plays it well. That is invaluable to a team. Just look at what Kris Humphries has done now that he has developed a role in a system.

SP17
05-14-2011, 11:46 AM
He will wait out this season with the Magic and try to win, if we're eliminated in the first 2 rounds, game over. I think he'll try to get CP3 or DWill to come here, but realistically speaking, the only way that'll happen is via trade and the Magic don't have anything of value to trade to the Hornets/Nets.

He will get traded (s&t) and it'll happen in the 2012 offseason, book it.

Feeling the same way but I think orlando should explore all options at the deadline...lots of team will be interested and could offer more than a S&T.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Dwight's agents might push for him to sign an extension before June 30 or he would risk losing massive amounts of money. I agree with Ralph that it might not happen till 2012 but dont be surprised by a trade THIS summer

SP17
05-14-2011, 12:07 PM
also why would orlando only offer a 2 yr deal?

Ryan328
05-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Concensus is he is gonna turn down that extension offer, no? If so, Orlando HAS to deal him. At least in my eyes.

jonline87
05-14-2011, 12:42 PM
lol , smh but

Great offer! If they let Dwight walk they'll be in dead last. If they trade him for Lopez and Humphries, they'll be second to last.

championships
05-14-2011, 12:48 PM
Dwight is smart by commenting on how the Media is trying to push him out of Orlando.
So when he does leave, He won't look like the bad guy.

wa77ss
05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
dwights not leaving. he said it on his twitter also. real orlando fans know hes going to stay. you guys go ahead and waste all the time you want thinking what you can trade for dwight, when reality is we are trading to get somebody around him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2011, 02:09 PM

1. Howard
2. Bynum
3. Bogut
4. A. Jefferson
5. Nene
6. Lopez
7. M.Gasol
8. T.Chandler
9. Cousins
10. Noah

lmfao:laugh:

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Great offer! If they let Dwight walk they'll be in dead last. If they trade him for Lopez and Humphries, they'll be second to last.

You have never seen the Nets play (i dont blame you). Go and educate yourself before making idiotic posts. ORL should rather want Lopez than anyone else that they could get from his rumored preferred destinations except Bynum and even that can be debated.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 03:10 PM
dwights not leaving. he said it on his twitter also. real orlando fans know hes going to stay. you guys go ahead and waste all the time you want thinking what you can trade for dwight, when reality is we are trading to get somebody around him.

Poor soul. i pity you. The entire CLE forum feels your pain. You should brace yourself man. The writing is on the wall. Even if hypothetically there was an amnesty clause in the new CBA and they could wipe Arenas off the books, they still would find it difficult to surround Dwight with the star he wants. I find it highly umlikely that he stays.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
lmfao:laugh:

Make your argument. Otherwise, another quality post by a Bulls fan

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Make your argument. Otherwise, another quality post by a Bulls fan

:laugh2:

first of all, lopez is the worst rebounder out of those 10 names.
He's one of the worst rebounding centers in the league and you put him as #5, are you kidding me?

And why the **** is Noah at 10th...just wow:speechless:

And he's win shares numbers are terrible for centers also.

Noah has 2x more win shares than lopez.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2011, 04:03 PM
You have never seen the Nets play (i dont blame you). Go and educate yourself before making idiotic posts. ORL should rather want Lopez than anyone else that they could get from his rumored preferred destinations except Bynum and even that can be debated.

Why would they take Lopez over anybody not named bynum???

Why???Why???

Give a reason please...

wa77ss
05-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Poor soul. i pity you. The entire CLE forum feels your pain. You should brace yourself man. The writing is on the wall. Even if hypothetically there was an amnesty clause in the new CBA and they could wipe Arenas off the books, they still would find it difficult to surround Dwight with the star he wants. I find it highly umlikely that he stays.

writings not on the wall. what did he say that says he wants to leave? you're just spewing nonsense . i pity poor souls like you that troll real fans forum, why don't you just worry about your sorry team and leave it at that....nobody likes NJ. thats why DWILL didnt sign there either ;)

orlando > clev. tax free state. great spending owner. its dwights city. best stadium in the country, and will continue to be for some time. i don't need to list the many reasons why dwight will stay. besides the fact otis already declared he will not trade him. so good luck with your bs

justinnum1
05-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Let the bidding war begin...S&T nene and lawson

BigCityofDreams
05-14-2011, 04:41 PM
writings not on the wall. what did he say that says he wants to leave? you're just spewing nonsense . i pity poor souls like you that troll real fans forum, why don't you just worry about your sorry team and leave it at that....nobody likes NJ. thats why DWILL didnt sign there either ;)

To be fair Dwill still has a chance to resign with the Nets.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 04:45 PM

Why???Why???

Give a reason please...

Read post #68

If you still disagree here is a link to a piece written by a fellow PSD poster that lays it out clear and easy as to why Lopez has the potential to be the second best C in the league going forward.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617865

I suggest you read it and dont just ignore it because you cant debate it. I also dare you to try and debate with him. He will make you look foolish.

Also in YOUR opinion, which centers on my lest besides Lopez would you take Noah over? I know its hard but try not to be a homer.

Savage Sunday
05-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Why???Why???

Give a reason please...

Agreed.

Andrew Bynum is the better piece to acquire for Orlando, but Lopez is definetly #2.

I dont see Joakim Noah ever being a focal point of a rebuilding effort. Denver almost found out that way.

Savage Sunday
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Read post #68

If you still disagree here is a link to a piece written by a fellow PSD poster that lays it out clear and easy as to why Lopez has the potential to be the second best C in the league going forward.

I suggest you read it and dont just ignore it because you cant debate it. I also dare you to try and debate with him. He will make you look foolish.

Also in YOUR opinion, which centers on my lest besides Lopez would you take Noah over? I know its hard but try not to be a homer.

Lopez has a great offensive skill set no doubt, but he needs to improve as a rebounder and defender around the basket. From what I saw when we played the Nets, he didnt really stop anybody from backing him down. He needs to utilize his wingspan more and disrupt shots if he physically cant keep them off the low block.

I dont see him ever becoming a #2 C in the NBA without making those improvements.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Read post #68

seriously put up a poll on PSD and people would probably dont vote him on top10.

yes he has potential put not enough to put him on top 5 right now.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 04:58 PM

orlando > clev. tax free state. great spending owner. its dwights city. best stadium in the country, and will continue to be for some time. i don't need to list the many reasons why dwight will stay. besides the fact otis already declared he will not trade him. so good luck with your bs

Stop getting so defensive. I meant no disrespect. However you are being a little bit (forgive me) naive. You REALLY ARE reminding me of CLE fans right now. I mean that the writing is on the wall as in:

a. Your team made the finals and had success in the playoffs but ultimately couldnt win.

b. Just like CLE, your team made a last desperate trade to surround Dwight with talent only to damage the team further and put them in a tight spot financially.

C. Dwight is rumored to want a big market just like Lebron was rumored to.

D. Dwight has yet to sign an extension with "his team" and only keeps feeding the media empty words about how much he loves ORL instead of showing it; just like Lebron.

Should i continue?

btw i am not optimistic at all that Deron Williams will resign. In fact, if we dont get Dwight im sure he is as good as gone.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I think people are seriously under rating Brook Lopez. I'm a Knicks fan so this is no bias bs, I think Lopez is a great young center who is already very good.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Lopez has a great offensive skill set no doubt, but he needs to improve as a rebounder and defender around the basket. From what I saw when we played the Nets, he didnt really stop anybody from backing him down. He needs to utilize his wingspan more and disrupt shots if he physically cant keep them off the low block.

I dont see him ever becoming a #2 C in the NBA without making those improvements.

i agree 100%. He is just so damn skinny. Missing an entire off season due to illness didnt help.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 05:09 PM
seriously put up a poll on PSD and people would probably dont vote him on top10.

yes he has potential put not enough to put him on top 5 right now.

As i stated; PSD is severely short sighted. I already posted a Lopez vs Noah poll. Noah won by a mile. That however only proves that PSD is severely short sighted and quick to make knee jerk assesments based on the overall team. However i doubt ANY intelligent poster on PSD would vote Lopez out of the top 10.

I dont blame anyone at all. The NJ Nets were extremely unwatchable last year and not much better this year so i can imagine how people would misjudge Brook Lopez based on how his stats look.

You also ignored my question. Which centers in my list would you rank Noah over?

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
:laugh2:

first of all, lopez is the worst rebounder out of those 10 names.
He's one of the worst rebounding centers in the league and you put him as #5, are you kidding me?

And why the **** is Noah at 10th...just wow:speechless:

And he's win shares numbers are terrible for centers also.

Noah has 2x more win shares than lopez.

I would take Lopez any day of the week over Noah. This coming from a Knicks fan. Noah is good, don't get me wrong but Lopez can score from anywhere on the floor. Noah picks up the garbage is very good at it, no doubt. I think they're both good players but Lopez is a easier pick. I think it's harder to come by a center like Lopez rather then Noah. Noah just happens to fit in perfectly with the bulls philosophy but if you put him on the Nets he wouldn't even be put in this discussion.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:16 PM
As i stated; PSD is severely short sighted. I already posted a Lopez vs Noah poll. Noah won by a mile. That however only proves that PSD is severely short sighted and quick to make knee jerk assesments based on the overall team. However i doubt ANY intelligent poster on PSD would vote Lopez out of the top 10.

I dont blame anyone at all. The NJ Nets were extremely unwatchable last year and not much better this year so i can imagine how people would misjudge Brook Lopez based on how his stats look.

You also ignored my question. Which centers in my list would you rank Noah over?

Agreed you can't judge players by PSD. Most people on here, including the mods are very biased. Honestly there shouldn't even be open public forums like this. Always arguments and bs but personally I get enjoyment out of the idiotic biased views which is the only reason why I come in and post.

Young and Stupid
05-14-2011, 05:20 PM

Oh, without a doubt. Brook Lopez needs to significantly improve several facets of his game before he can become an elite player. He's a below average rebounder (although, people quickly forget that he posted a 14.5 RB% over his first two seasons); he's a below average defender (despite being a good shot-blocker); and he's not great at reading the defense. Despite all of those deficiencies, he's still a very promising player.

Brook Lopez is the most offensively-skilled center in the league. Will he develop a greater passion for the game and commit himself on both ends of the floor? Will he push himself to become a tougher player? Will he improve his basketball IQ as he matures? I don't know.

There's no doubting Lopez's potential, though. We should also put some his numbers in the proper context in order to effectively evaluate him as a player. We have to recognize that this was a player that was double and triple-teamed every night. We have to keep in mind that this is a player who lost twenty pounds in the off-season after a bout with mononucleosis. We have to remember that he's been surrounded with inferior talent for the duration of his short career.

The fact of the matter is, people don't take the Nets seriously. As a result, the majority of the basketball-viewing public doesn't take the players who dawn Nets jerseys seriously. It doesn't upset me, though; that's what comes with rooting for a team with a rather lousy history.

I'd be surprised if Lopez doesn't re-enter the conversation of the second-best center in the league, next season. However, I've found that it's not worth arguing.

Side-note: I do find it comical that Bulls fans (and sadly, even some NBA fans) would take Joakim Noah over Brook Lopez.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 05:22 PM
I think people are seriously under rating Brook Lopez. I'm a Knicks fan so this is no bias bs, I think Lopez is a great young center who is already very good.

this. I admit that he was overrated last year, but this year the general opinion has understandably and prematurely gone the opposite direction to the point that he is severely underrated.

btw props for being able to ignore the fact that he plays for the Knicks' sworn enemy and making an objective post. :up:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Howard
bynum
bogut
M-gasol
Noah
everyone else

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Agreed you can't judge players by PSD. Most people on here, including the mods are very biased. Honestly there shouldn't even be open public forums like this. Always arguments and bs but personally I get enjoyment out of the idiotic biased views which is the only reason why I come in and post.

I guess it doesnt help that certain fan bases outnumber others on PSD 100-1 (CHI, NY, LA).

phillyphan4
05-14-2011, 05:30 PM
I remember watching Lopez during his rookie season and I was very impressed with how he played. The fact that he struggled last season most likely can be attributed to the whole mono thing, if in fact that's true. If he can return to the same form from his rookie year only with more experience under his belt I think for sure he could be a top center. He just has to prove himself. The Magic may wait anyway to deal Howard after next season and if that's the case they will have another full season to watch Lopez before pulling the trigger to see whom is the real Lopez, last year or his rookie season.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Howard
bynum
bogut
M-gasol
Noah
everyone else

lol if thats what your prefer but over all skill theres no way I can agree with you. I will admit he's perfect for the Bulls but again put him on a bad team and he aint much to look at.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I guess it doesnt help that certain fan bases outnumber others on PSD 100-1 (CHI, NY, LA).

Yea well there's idiot fans of all teams including my Knicks. I've also seen ******** Net fans. Don't forget Bos in that list.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Howard
bynum
bogut
M-gasol
Noah
everyone else

Chandler is better than Noah. they both are horrible offensively but Chandler defends the C position better whereas Noah usually gets bullied. Ill take Chandler.

Nene is at least equal to Noah defensively and is much better offensively. he also plays with the same energy and passion as Noah

Cousins is ALREADY better and his potential is thru the roof

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Yea well there's idiot fans of all teams including my Knicks. I've also seen ******** Net fans. Don't forget Bos in that list.

Agreed. :D

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:43 PM
this. I admit that he was overrated last year, but this year the general opinion has understandably and prematurely gone the opposite direction to the point that he is severely underrated.

btw props for being able to ignore the fact that he plays for the Knicks' sworn enemy and making an objective post. :up:

It's just knowing the game. I'm a huge Knicks fan but that doesn't mean I'm blind like most others on this site lol.

allan w davis
05-14-2011, 05:47 PM
When are the Pistons gong to make moves? They need a good GM, coach and core players. I'll certainly will give TG support!!

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Chandler is better than Noah. they both are horrible offensively but Chandler defends the C position better whereas Noah usually gets bullied. Ill take Chandler.

Nene is at least equal to Noah defensively and is much better offensively. he also plays with the same energy and passion as Noah

Cousins is ALREADY better and his potential is thru the roof

With Cousins its all between the ears. He has potential to be great or be a ******* and **** up his career. Chandler is good and fits perfect in Dallas but he's also had some very questionable years. I think with certain centers its all about what team they play for the philosophy. Well really its like that with all Players in general but centers especially. Unless your name is Howard or Amare (natural pos is PF but also classified as a Center) its very hard to take over a game. I've seen Lopez do it several times and with more maturity and talent I think he can be great.

gaughan333
05-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Oh, without a doubt. Brook Lopez needs to significantly improve several facets of his game before he can become an elite player. He's a below average rebounder (although, people quickly forget that he posted a 14.5 RB% over his first two seasons); he's a below average defender (despite being a good shot-blocker); and he's not great at reading the defense. Despite all of those deficiencies, he's still a very promising player.

Brook Lopez is the most offensively-skilled center in the league. Will he develop a greater passion for the game and commit himself on both ends of the floor? Will he push himself to become a tougher player? Will he improve his basketball IQ as he matures? I don't know.

There's no doubting Lopez's potential, though. We should also put some his numbers in the proper context in order to effectively evaluate him as a player. We have to recognize that this was a player that was double and triple-teamed every night. We have to keep in mind that this is a player who lost twenty pounds in the off-season after a bout with mononucleosis. We have to remember that he's been surrounded with inferior talent for the duration of his short career.

The fact of the matter is, people don't take the Nets seriously. As a result, the majority of the basketball-viewing public doesn't take the players who dawn Nets jerseys seriously. It doesn't upset me, though; that's what comes with rooting for a team with a rather lousy history.

I'd be surprised if Lopez doesn't re-enter the conversation of the second-best center in the league, next season. However, I've found that it's not worth arguing.

Side-note: I do find it comical that Bulls fans (and sadly, even some NBA fans) would take Joakim Noah over Brook Lopez.

As a bulls fan, I'd rather have Noah for our team. If I was starting a new team and had to pick one, I'd take Lopez

phillyphan4
05-14-2011, 05:49 PM
I'll probably get scalded for this but IMO

Noah is very similar to Anderson Varejao. Varejao succeeded on a very good Cavs team just as Noah is doing with the Bulls. I would be curious to see how Noah performs on the same Nets team that Lopez is dealing with.

For the record I'm a Noah fan starting from his UF days.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:51 PM
As a bulls fan, I'd rather have Noah for our team. If I was starting a new team and had to pick one, I'd take Lopez

That's my argument :clap:

Noah is perfect for the Bulls but I think Lopez has more value to more teams in the NBA.

gaughan333
05-14-2011, 05:52 PM
That's my argument :clap:

Noah is perfect for the Bulls but I think Lopez has more value to more teams in the NBA.

I'd agree with that statement. Lopez has a lot of potential.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I'll probably get scalded for this but IMO

Noah is very similar to Anderson Varejao. Varejao succeeded on a very good Cavs team just as Noah is doing with the Bulls. I would be curious to see how Noah performs on the same Nets team that Lopez is dealing with.

For the record I'm a Noah fan starting from his UF days.

lol yea you might get burned for that one but I think Noah is better then Varejao. But they are similiar players but Noah I think is better in every area.

But your right about Noah being on the Nets, he would not get nearly the attention he gets now and would not be as much as a factor.

jrm2054
05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
This will be a long summer

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Is it me or is the NBA forum have more bias bs then any other sports general forum?

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm just waiting for the bull and heat fans to come in here and turn this into a **** hole. Never seems to fail and now they're playing eachother.. lol this forum is going to get real ugly this next week.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 05:58 PM

:clap: I agree with that 100 percent. Noah fits perfectly with the Bulls.

phillyphan4
05-14-2011, 06:03 PM
lol yea you might get burned for that one but I think Noah is better then Varejao. But they are similiar players but Noah I think is better in every area.

But your right about Noah being on the Nets, he would not get nearly the attention he gets now and would not be as much as a factor.

Yah I guess I should clarify some. Noah is better in all aspects but as far as gameplay. They both run around all crazy, flopping everywhere. Then again they come from soccer dominated countries so I guess it's expected. Might as well throw Manu in there too.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM
But back to the main topic of Howard. I think he will end up in LA, Kobe cant carry the team like he use to and his starting to age a bit. I think he would be a perfect fit for them. And obviously they have the pieces to trade for him but do they have the salary if it came down to FA?

Young and Stupid
05-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Are we sure about that? Despite being selected to the NBA's All-Defensive Second-Team, I'm of the opinion that Noah's defense is not as good as many make it out to be. I can't dispute that his 97 DRtg is impressive, but one of my close friends (who's a 'die-hard' Bulls fan) has said that his defense is often overstated. He claims that he's not a very effective on-ball defender and often allows the league's better centers to score with relative ease. I trust his judgement. Plus, in my experience watching the Bulls this season, I can't say that I've come away thinking of Noah as a dominant defender.

The Bulls are a team that rely heavily on their team-defense concept and Derrick Rose. They are a very good defensive team -- obviously, some of that results from the individuals who are out on the court every night, but a large portion of it results from Thibodeau's great system. The Bulls need a second-scoring option; they seem to have two number three options, but not a legit second-option. Rose has carried the team all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, but the Bulls won't get passed the Heat for that very reason.

Joakim Noah is an elite hustle player, but would you really prefer him to Brook Lopez? Are we assuming that Lopez wouldn't have the ability to play effectively on the defensive-end, if he was able to conserve some energy on offense? Remember: Lopez was a very effective defender in his rookie season, when he was the third-option on offense (behind Devin Harris and Vince Carter). Lopez's is a more effective shot-blocker than Noah -- not that shot-blocking has a strong correlation to being a good defender (see: Stoudemire, Amare) -- and that fits well into Thibodeau's system.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Yah I guess I should clarify some. Noah is better in all aspects but as far as gameplay. They both run around all crazy, flopping everywhere. Then again they come from soccer dominated countries so I guess it's expected. Might as well throw Manu in there too.

Manu is better then both of them. Or at least has had a better career then either will have. But I get what your saying.

phillyphan4
05-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Manu is better then both of them. Or at least has had a better career then either will have. But I get what your saying.

Oh Absolutely. My point was coming from the soccer dominated countries and flopping. I def was not comparing talent. But anyway since I'm way off topic, I agree and think Howard will end up in LA.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Are we sure about that? Despite being selected to the NBA's All-Defensive Second-Team, I'm of the opinion that Noah's defense is not as good as many make it out to be. I can't dispute that his 97 DRtg is impressive, but one of my close friends (who's a 'die-hard' Bulls fan) has said that his defense is often overstated. He claims that he's not a very effective on-ball defender and often allows the league's better centers to score with relative ease. I trust his judgement. Plus, in my experience watching the Bulls this season, I can't say that I've come away thinking of Noah as a dominant defender.

The Bulls are a team that rely heavily on their team-defense concept and Derrick Rose. They are a very good defensive team -- obviously, some of that results from the individuals who are out on the court every night, but a large portion of it results from Thibodeau's great system. The Bulls need a second-scoring option; they seem to have two number three options, but not a legit second-option. Rose has carried the team all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals, but the Bulls won't get passed the Heat for that very reason.

Joakim Noah is an elite hustle player, but would you really prefer him to Brook Lopez? Are we assuming that Lopez wouldn't have the ability to play effectively on the defensive-end, if he was able to conserve some energy on offense? Remember: Lopez was a very effective defender in his rookie season, when he was the third-option on offense (behind Devin Harris and Vince Carter). He's certainly a better shot-blocker than Noah -- not that shot-blocking has a strong correlation to being a good defender (see: Stoudemire, Amare) -- and that fits well into Thibodeau's system.

Its funny you say that about the defense. Its very rare to find a good on ball defender. I think the NBA rules has made it virtually impossible to really get in someone's way to the basket or deny them of getting there shot off.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 06:12 PM
But back to the main topic of Howard. I think he will end up in LA, Kobe cant carry the team like he use to and his starting to age a bit. I think he would be a perfect fit for them. And obviously they have the pieces to trade for him but do they have the salary if it came down to FA?

Can any Laker fans answer that question for me cause if so I think its a no brainer Howard goes to LA

GiantBlueBalls
05-14-2011, 06:15 PM
The poll is asking if you would support trading dwight for Pau and Odom and Steve Blake. Not asking if we should trade dwight for just anyone.

Regardless, I live in Orlando and that poll is either rigged or fake. No one, and I do mean NO ONE in their right mind that lives in this city would EVER support trading him away.

People around here love the guy, and he knows it. Hes not going anywhere fellas.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 06:24 PM
The poll is asking if you would support trading dwight for Pau and Odom and Steve Blake. Not asking if we should trade dwight for just anyone.

Regardless, I live in Orlando and that poll is either rigged or fake. No one, and I do mean NO ONE in their right mind that lives in this city would EVER support trading him away.

People around here love the guy, and he knows it. Hes not going anywhere fellas.

I hope that's true. I've always liked Orlando since Shaq and would hate to see Howard go anywhere unless its to the Knicks lol.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 06:25 PM

But why hasn't he signed a max extension? That's where all the problems start. From that point on these things take on a life of its own.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 06:44 PM

Yea... about that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WzvgYHhrp0

They loved HIM a lot too and im pretty sure he knew it...

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Yea... about that...

A course he did but he did not care. Most pro athletes don't, it's rare to find ones who do and the ones who do I hope the fans treat them them like gold.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Yea... about that...

You just opened up a can of worms. I can smell the Heat fans coming in ready to justify and defend the *******.

Even though when he apologized he essentially proved to everyone that he was wrong for doing it the way he did. Which is what i personally had a problem with. I can't speak for the Cav fans but I would think they wouldn't have gone in so much rage as they did if he handled it more respectively. A course they would have been hurt and mad but he took it to "a whole notha level"

Young and Stupid
05-14-2011, 07:27 PM
You just opened up a can of worms. I can smell the Heat fans coming in ready to justify and defend the *******.

Even though when he apologized he essentially proved to everyone that he was wrong for doing it the way he did. Which is what i personally had a problem with. I can't speak for the Cav fans but I would think they wouldn't have gone in so much rage as they did if he handled it more respectively. A course they would have been hurt and mad but he took it to "a whole notha level"

LeBron didn't do anything wrong.

He wasn't in favor of "The Decision," but his team insisted that he do it. He only agreed to do it, after he was assured that the proceeds would go to the Boys & Girls Club. He raised money for charity, as a result of that hour-special. What would you have preferred? Did you want one of the biggest announcements in the history of the NBA to break as a regular news story?

The hate for LeBron is completely unwarranted and quite frankly it's comical. He did what was best for him. People tend to forget that because these individuals are highly talented and net large sums of money that they are human beings. They have the right to do what they deem is best for their own happiness; that's what LeBron did.

The only thing that fans should be upset with is that LeBron ruined what potential could have been the greatest legacy in the history of basketball. He could have been the greatest player to ever play the game, but with his decision to join Dwyane Wade in Miami he relinquished that opportunity. In effect, James robbed NBA fans of what could have been history. No matter how many championships LeBron wins in Miami, he will never be considered the greatest of all-time.

People who hate LeBron are either following the crowd or have a problem with themselves. It was his decision to make -- he may have cost himself a chance to be compared to Michael, but there's no reason to hate the man. Disappointment? Fine. Hate? Unwarranted.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 07:34 PM

Yea i agree. My point is that Dwight knows the city of ORL loves him and he has stated many times how much he loves them too. I dont see how that is relevant to him deciding that his best chance to win is by teaming up with another star and doing what is best for him and his career. If he left to LA, it wouldn't be relative to his love for ORL. Afterall Shaq still loves ORL and lives there in the off season. If Dwight leaves its because he wants to win and ORL fans should accept that and not love him any less for it. Loyalty and Love are not synonymous.

Tuck&Rolle
05-14-2011, 07:36 PM
LeBron didn't do anything wrong.

He wasn't in favor of "The Decision," but his team insisted that he do it. He only agreed to do it, after he was assured that the proceeds would go to the Boys & Girls Club. He raised money for charity, as a result of that hour-special. What would you have preferred? Did you want one of the biggest announcements in the history of the NBA to break as a regular news story?

The hate for LeBron is completely unwarranted and quite frankly it's comical. He did what was best for him. People tend to forget that because these individuals are highly talented and net large sums of money that they are human beings. They have the right to do what they deem is best for their own happiness; that's what LeBron did.

The only thing that fans should be upset with is that LeBron ruined what potential could have been the greatest legacy in the history of basketball. He could have been the greatest player to ever play the game, but with his decision to join Dwyane Wade in Miami he relinquished that opportunity. In effect, James robbed NBA fans of what could have been history. No matter how many championships LeBron wins in Miami, he will never be considered the greatest of all-time.

People who hate LeBron are either following the crowd or have a problem with themselves. It was his decision to make -- he may have cost himself a chance to be compared to Michael, but there's no reason to hate the man. Disappointment? Fine. Hate? Unwarranted.

That's your opinion but he apologized for it. So he's admitting that he was wrong for doing what he did and how it went down. He was a god there and i'm sure he was happy but he wanted a championship and instead of manning up and being the main man to do it he had to run to heat with wade and Bosh so they could do it the easy way.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Besides, if you ask Lebron he would surely tell you that he loved and loves the city of CLE. Many there still love him. Thats the point im making. ORL should not make it about how much Dwight loves them or they love him. It would be strictly a basketball decision.

Chill_Will_24
05-14-2011, 07:43 PM
That's your opinion but he apologized for it. So he's admitting that he was wrong for doing what he did and how it went down. He was a god there and i'm sure he was happy but he wanted a championship and instead of manning up and being the main man to do it he had to run to heat with wade and Bosh so they could do it the easy way.

He was NOT acknowledging that he did anything wrong. He was essentially apologizing because he knew he hurt many people with his decision and the way he went about it. However he has never admitted to regretting his decision and why should he? He is most likely going back to the finals, so who can deny he made the right decision?

Tuck&Rolle
05-15-2011, 12:40 AM
He was NOT acknowledging that he did anything wrong. He was essentially apologizing because he knew he hurt many people with his decision and the way he went about it. However he has never admitted to regretting his decision and why should he? He is most likely going back to the finals, so who can deny he made the right decision?

I didn't mind his decision. Sure it sucked for me as a Knicks fan who really wanted him here in NY but the problem I had is the way he handled making the decision. I thought that was a real slap in the face to Cav fans. At least tell them before hand that he wasn't coming back rather then them having to find out the way they did.

My hope was that if he didn't come here to NY that he would resign with the Cavs. I really liked him but the way he did that just really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Tuck&Rolle
05-15-2011, 12:41 AM

And that is where I have a problem with him.

rabzouz 96
05-15-2011, 09:06 AM
I didn't mind his decision. Sure it sucked for me as a Knicks fan who really wanted him here in NY but the problem I had is the way he handled making the decision. I thought that was a real slap in the face to Cav fans. At least tell them before hand that he wasn't coming back rather then them having to find out the way they did.

My hope was that if he didn't come here to NY that he would resign with the Cavs. I really liked him but the way he did that just really left a bad taste in my mouth.

and how should he have gone about telling cavs fans he leaves, but keeping all other fans from receiving that info?

Tuck&Rolle
05-15-2011, 01:25 PM
and how should he have gone about telling cavs fans he leaves, but keeping all other fans from receiving that info?

Do it like every other player in history of sports and tell the Cavs he won't be returning. Then let the media find out where he's going and do a press conference when he officially signs with the team. The decision and the pep rally thing really left a bad taste in my mouth, I can only imagine how Cav fans felt about it.

I'm just being honest here, I went from a fan of his to rooting against him. It has nothing to do with the Heat cause I rooted for them the year they won the ship against Dallas, specially because I always liked Shaq and I know some of his family members.

rabzouz 96
05-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Do it like every other player in history of sports and tell the Cavs he won't be returning. Then let the media find out where he's going and do a press conference when he officially signs with the team. The decision and the pep rally thing really left a bad taste in my mouth, I can only imagine how Cav fans felt about it.

I'm just being honest here, I went from a fan of his to rooting against him. It has nothing to do with the Heat cause I rooted for them the year they won the ship against Dallas, specially because I always liked Shaq and I know some of his family members.
ridiculous. never knew of a succesful businnesperson that cut his bridges before having everything in safe waters. and those butthurt cavsfans gotta be plain dumb if they didnt see the big possibility of him leaving after 2 or 3 years of constant rumours and noncomitting statements. apart from that i cant remeber any player from the last years where it sickered through where hed sign before the the deal was agreed on from both sides, be it rashard lewis, ben wallace or anyone else the last couple years.

anyways, just take a multi and keep on lifting heavy and youll reach your nbafreeagents goals for 2012 in no time.

Tuck&Rolle
05-15-2011, 11:26 PM
ridiculous. never knew of a succesful businnesperson that cut his bridges before having everything in safe waters. and those butthurt cavsfans gotta be plain dumb if they didnt see the big possibility of him leaving after 2 or 3 years of constant rumours and noncomitting statements. apart from that i cant remeber any player from the last years where it sickered through where hed sign before the the deal was agreed on from both sides, be it rashard lewis, ben wallace or anyone else the last couple years.

anyways, just take a multi and keep on lifting heavy and youll reach your nbafreeagents goals for 2012 in no time.

Yea he's trying to take the easy way out and do it with 2 other stars. At least the Cavs put a good supporting cast around him but he didn't have the balls or skills to do it alone.

IndiansFan337
05-15-2011, 11:34 PM
lol , smh but

That is certainly not a better offer than Odom/Gasol.

1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

Perkins is not better than Lopez. The rest of the guys you listed are worth a debate.

Anilyzer
05-15-2011, 11:49 PM
I actually think it's better PR-wise to just keep Dwight, and have him play out his contract, and make a really strong offer to re-sign him.

If he leaves, hey it's not Orlando's fault. Just rebuild with draft picks and sign some free agents.

It's really all about ticket sales and your fan base... so Orlando shouldn't put itself in the role of the bad guy, either by trading him or by trying to force some kind of weird ugly deal the way Denver did.

Orlando should just say "Here's all the max dollars on the table, and we're also offering input on personnel, as well as a golden key to the Disney Orlando kingdom for life. We hope desperately that Dwight will re-sign. However, if he doesn't, we wish him all the well." Then that's it.

Dwight's agents will have to try to force a deal, making THEM the bad guys, in order to get max $$ in a good city. Only if Dwight publicly demands to be traded should Orlando comply, perhaps for a multi-city deal featuring high draft picks. Taking on Gasol and Odom would be a huge mistake... make the Lakers trade them for some rookies or draft picks in a multi team deal.

Anilyzer
05-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Yeah... I already don't like Dwight the way he tries to spin it as he is being "forced out of Orlando."

He's clearly getting that from his agents, and Orlando should shut it down with total kindness.

DO NOT trade Howard unless he publicly goes on camera and demands a trade out of Orlando. Once he does that, you're all good no matter what you do, or what you get back.

MrfadeawayJB
05-15-2011, 11:57 PM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

Don't forget Marc Gasol

Raph12
05-16-2011, 12:06 AM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

Remove Chandler, Noah, Perk, Kaman and Gortat (for now) and then MGasol should be on the list in another year or so... Btw this year Bogut was ****, you can claim he was injured but if he never bounces back than he's not even supposed to make the Top 10 anymore.

rabzouz 96
05-16-2011, 03:32 AM
Yea he's trying to take the easy way out and do it with 2 other stars. At least the Cavs put a good supporting cast around him but he didn't have the balls or skills to do it alone.

sure, whatever you say captain

MagicHero3
05-16-2011, 08:54 AM
wtf Orlando! the Sentinal and Josh Robbins can suckit. wow. And HOW does Orlando feel that way?! im absolutely ashamed.

rapjuicer06
05-16-2011, 09:05 AM
wtf Orlando! the Sentinal and Josh Robbins can suckit. wow. And HOW does Orlando feel that way?! im absolutely ashamed.

agreed. its just ridiculously stupid to have that up. if he leaves, i will def. not blame him one bit, nor the orlando front office. i will blame the local paper

FinsSuperBowl
05-16-2011, 09:12 AM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

Roy Hibbert too

tbomlad
05-16-2011, 09:42 AM

And Deng. And the Bulls would have to take Turkoglu.

tbomlad
05-16-2011, 09:52 AM
This poll is not accurate. It's open to anyone in the country to vote on so obviously Lakers, Bulls, Nets, and other fans hoping to land Dwight are voting. People in Orlando actually read the paper in print and not online whereas fans in other parts of the country looking to get some insight on Dwight, especially after Howard's tweet, are reading the Sentinel online. And YES, it was completely idiotic of the Sentinel to put this online.

tbomlad
05-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Plus, you have to read the article that is attached to the poll and put this in the right context. It basically says obviously the Magic would never want to lose Howard but WHAT IF you were going to lose him would want to take the chance of getting nothing in return or make the trade. This is another sorry thread trying to stir up controversy.

ddhulett
05-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey the Mavs were included on the list of teams.

I wouldn't count the Mavs out because Cuban is crazy when it comes to trades! He might include his own wife in this one.

Tuck&Rolle
05-17-2011, 06:46 PM
sure, whatever you say captain

As Charlie would say "Winning" left you speechless

CowboysKB24
05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
1 Dwight Howard
2 Andrew Bogut
3 Andrew bynum
4 Nene
5 Tyson Chandler
6 Joakim Noah
7 Al Jeferson
8 Kendrick Perkins
9 Chris Kamon
10 Marcin Gortat

No they aren't.

CowboysKB24
05-17-2011, 11:09 PM
Dwight is going to be traded this year.

It is not about who is going to give the Magic the best offer. Dwight is going to have a lot of pull in the trade just like Melo. He will go to the team he wants to go to.

rabzouz 96
05-18-2011, 04:09 AM
As Charlie would say "Winning" left you speechless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQZi7tmWhR4