PDA

View Full Version : Which players/coachs would you love to sit down and talk basketball with?

JasonJohnHorn
05-13-2011, 06:28 PM
I love chatting with other fans and reading their posts, but I love reading interviews with players and coaches even more, though I always find the folks asking the questions dont ask the questions I want to hear the answers to.

So that said, who would you all love to sit down and talk basketball with for a couple hours? Phil Jackson would be high on my list (he's coached so many great players and coached against even more), Stockton and Duncan (their team first approach and humility I think would offer unique insights), and I think Bird and Miller would be great to sit and talk ball with. And Kareem (just because his career was so long and he is still so involved today with helping Bynum develop, so he'd really be able to offer better insight into inter-generational conversations, like Wilt v Shaq and stuff like that), or Russell would be fun to listen to, though I've listened to more Russell interviews than I could hope to count!

How about you?

Rego247
05-13-2011, 06:29 PM
hubie brown.

larry bird would be interesting to talk to.

5ass
05-13-2011, 06:36 PM
steve nash, he is an unathletic 6'1 guy who dominated the league (2 time MVP). his BBIQ is just so high, wish he could have gotten a ring though.. he also seems like a great guy

Ezio
05-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Karl/Popovich

redsox0717
05-13-2011, 06:40 PM
steve nash, he is an unathletic 6'1 guy who dominated the league (2 time MVP). his BBIQ is just so high, wish he could have gotten a ring though.. he also seems like a great guy

why do people always say people are unathletic just because they're white?

nash isn't the best defender in the world, but he's pretty damn athletic.

Sixerlover
05-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Doug Collins / Hubie Brown / Phil Jackson / Adelman. I'd listen to everything they had to say

Sixerlover
05-13-2011, 06:45 PM
why do people always say people are unathletic just because they're white?

nash isn't the best defender in the world, but he's pretty damn athletic.

Not a good jumper, not a lot of acceleration, lateral quickness is lacking. All athletic traits. But he does have soccer like endurance, which makes him impossible for most guards to defend because he's playing in the 3rd quarter with pre game energy, and he's very creative around the rim.

It's not about color IMO. Chase Budinger, Joe Alexander, and Birdman are American born white players that are extremely athletic, while Andre Miller, Zach Randolph, and Jason Collins are unathletic black players. It goes both ways

Mallpha
05-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Phil Jackson and Grant Hill. Phil seams like one of those "mean" people that will force you into mind games and thats always fun, Grant Hill because he is my all time favorite player.

Meloman
05-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I actually met Coach K through a mutual family friend, we only got to talk for 10 or 15 minutes, but man does that guy know his ****. I've firmly believed since then that he could be as good an NBA coach as he is in college, provided he had the right players of course. Of guys I haven't met, I'd love to meet Barkley, I'd love to hear to his completely unrestrained view on several topics. Underneath the humorous exterior that guy really knows the game.

Wilson
05-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Phil Jackson, Hubie Brown, Derek Fisher all spring to mind. Probably will be hundreds more the more I think about it :p

EDIT: Jack Nicholson! DOUBLE EDIT: I may have misread the thread title.

Master Mind
05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Pat Riley/Zo

Iodine
05-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Kermit Washington

Geargo Wallace
05-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Hubie would be cool to talk to because his bball IQ is insanely high, and he's been around since before the ABA days. He'd have tonnes of great stories.

Phil Jackson would be unreal to have a heart to heart with. From reading about him in books, he has an interesting outlook on life that extends far beyond the game of basketball.

I'd love to hear Doug Collin's take on how psycho MJ is, and how tough it is to deal with big ego guys like himself.

Also Larry Brown because of his extensive experience in the game and with so many intriguing players. For some reason I'd like to meet Magic as well. I don't know why, but I think it might be because he has such an engaging personality.

... oh yeah and Dr. J as well. He was one of the great ambassadors of the game that had experienced the ABA, NBA, and lots of great players/games.

Geargo Wallace
05-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Kermit Washington

the punch FTW!!!! That guy had a greater work ethic than most of the best players ever.

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 07:50 PM
hubie brown
donnie walsh
doug collins
stephen a smith
magic johnson
ernie johnson
spike lee

and skipp bayless lol

Jemikz9Clutch
05-13-2011, 07:58 PM
MJ. when he talks, i always listen. it made me improve my game when i was young.

Iodine
05-13-2011, 08:04 PM
the punch FTW!!!! That guy had a greater work ethic than most of the best players ever.

I fell in love with him after reading Breaks of the game

Niro
05-13-2011, 08:10 PM
i think dwigh howard isgoing t to the warruiors oh my **** yeah

imagine stweph the goat time and ****ung dwight ****ing yeah howard together oh my ****ing god

gilly
05-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Players: Julius Erving, Allen Iverson.

Coaches: Roy Williams, Larry Brown, Dean Smith, Jerry Sloan