PDA

View Full Version : Bigger underdog before their respective series? The Mavs vs LA or the Bulls vs Miami?

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 05:51 PM
The Heat are heavily favored to beat the Bulls by the media and most of PSD. That's not to say that they shouldn't be, but it is what it is. That said, do you think the Bulls have a larger underdog role than the Mavs did vs LA? Keep in mind that Dallas did not have HCA and the Bulls do.

Raph12
05-13-2011, 05:54 PM
Mavs... Most fans don't even know who the underdog is in the Heat-Bulls series (Bulls).

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
^I'd beg to differ regarding your sentiment that fans cannot identify an underdog in the Bulls-Heat series. The Bulls are heavy underdogs imo. ESPN, NBA TV, and a large portion of PSD seem to think the Heat will win the series. However, I do agree that the Mavs were probably bigger underdogs since they were facing the champs without HCA.

ManRam
05-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Again, the Bulls are favored on Sunday and the majority of America (53% of ESPN users) pick the Bulls. Not huge underdogs :shrug: NBA.com was 54/46 in favor of Miami...again, not a huge gap. CBS is 54/46 in favor of Chicago instead.

Hell, look at the poll here. More people are picking Chicago (so your claim is a bit off...)

Dallas was a significant underdog going into that series...both in Vegas and amongst the public.

daleja424
05-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Lol. The bulls fans try to convince everyone the bulls are the better team, the bulls re leading in the Psd and ESPN polls, and now yOu claim they are underdogs??? Really?

Cubs Win
05-13-2011, 06:00 PM
IMO the Mavs were bigger underdogs. Just cause for me it's tough to say the Bulls are big underdogs when they swept the season series (Not a shot at Heat fans, just fact). Sure, it's the regular season and not the playoffs and while it doesn't guarantee anything, it should be considered when you're looking at the matchup. Should be a great series!

Cano4prez
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
The Mavs, they swept the Lakers and no one expected them to win the series yet alone sweep it

daleja424
05-13-2011, 06:06 PM
This is a very transparent attempt to once again place the HEAT in a no win situation. Once again, if they win its, "Who cares, they were suppose to win," and if they lose its, "Ohhh the big bad HEAT got knocked out by the underdog Bulls."

What a joke!!!

I mean seriously, you cannot truly believe that the Bulls are the underdogs and also truly believe they will win the series, bc those two things are contradictory...

nolin
05-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Mavs not really that close eithr.

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Mavs

Lakers was the champions

Your just trying to make it seem like the bulls is the underdogs so if they lose you'll say they were expected to lose

justinnum1
05-13-2011, 06:09 PM
This is a very transparent attempt to once again place the HEAT in a no win situation. Once again, if they win its, "Who cares, they were suppose to win," and if they lose its, "Ohhh the big bad HEAT got knocked out by the underdog Bulls."

What a joke!!!

I mean seriously, you cannot truly believe that the Bulls are the underdogs and also truly believe they will win the series, bc those two things are contradictory...

This!!!

Heater4life
05-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Bulls are NOT the underdogs.

ManRam
05-13-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't even get how this is a serious question honestly...

I can't think of an argument suggesting the Bulls are huge underdogs. Hell, I think it's almost easier to suggest that they're favorites. And the fact is, the majority of the country (including users here) are picking the Bulls to win this. So again, how are they underdogs? I actually think they're the favorites to an extent.

Purple&Gold24
05-13-2011, 06:15 PM
The Mavs.

StriveGreatness
05-13-2011, 06:15 PM
The Mavs vs LA. I thought LA would win that series pretty easily, tbh.

There is really no clear underdog in the Bulls-Heat series. I think the Heat are the better team but the Bulls have HCA.

Rego247
05-13-2011, 06:18 PM

What a joke!!!

of course they're not underdogs. when u say a team is an underdog ur referring to a team like the grizzlies.

its gonna be a dogfight regardless.

Cal827
05-13-2011, 06:19 PM
lol what's wrong with people? There's no way that the Heat or the Bulls should be heavily favored in this series.. I guess this is what happens when a bunch of random bandwagoners decide to vote. :P I think the series is going to be very close. The Mavs vs the Lakers was the bigger underdog before their series.. Based on their previous early exits, it was a shock to many that they were able to get by Portland. Also the Lakers were basically handed the Western Conference title at the beginning of the year. lol

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Mavs

Lakers was the champions

Your just trying to make it seem like the bulls is the underdogs so if they lose you'll say they were expected to lose

First of all, it's you're, not your. Second, how are you going to tell me what my motive behind making this thread is?

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't see how the Bulls are favored. If you tune into ESPN or NBA TV, you will not hear one analyst picking the Bulls in the series.

Lil Half Dead
05-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Mavs easily. The Bulls aren't really the underdog, the media's making it to be that way though.

daleja424
05-13-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't see how the Bulls are favored. If you tune into ESPN or NBA TV, you will not hear one analyst picking the Bulls in the series.

I dont think anyone is really saying that the Bulls are over whelming favorites either... that's kinda the point. The HEAT have a star advantage... but the Bulls are the number one seed for a reason. Both teams are good. The series ultimately could go either way. There really is no favorite here...

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 06:26 PM

nobody picked Mavs to win also.

daleja424
05-13-2011, 06:28 PM
and most of those same analysts have Miami edging out the Bulls in a long series... another sign that there really isn't a clear favorite.

Meloman
05-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Bulls and Heat are seen as about even, Dallas didn't have a chance. Mavs easily.

Kobes a Killer
05-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Chicago is going to take this series!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-13-2011, 06:50 PM
a #1 seed the underdog?

Sixerlover
05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Is this a joke?

championships
Dallas easy. Everyone was waiting for their perennial Playoff let down.

justinnum1
Is this a joke?

It's sad is what it is.

VCaintdead17
05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Dumb thread. There are no underdogs in this series.

LayZbone
05-13-2011, 07:47 PM

What a joke!!!

:laugh2: Thank you!! Dude, we're gonna have to listen to this double-standard for a while. Just get used to it.

shizzle09
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
mavs were underdogs by almost everyone while this series is pretty much split. Mavs with ease

justinnum1
05-13-2011, 08:31 PM

burn in hell

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 09:23 PM
The only analysts on ESPN that picked the Bulls were Jon Barry and Michael Wilbon (bulls fan). Everyone else, including NBA TV analysts, picked Miami. Even DRose acknowledged that the Bulls are underdogs.

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 09:25 PM
CJ Watson - "I aint neva been nutn but an underdog!!!"

Catfish1314
05-13-2011, 09:31 PM
The Mavs, a team with a somewhat unfair reputation for choking, went up against the two-time defending champion Lakers.

The Bulls and the Heat are the top two seeds in the East, but have otherwise proven nothing.

Deealllasss.

JB0B0
05-13-2011, 09:33 PM
From ESPN - "The top-seeded Bulls may be considered underdogs"

Well well

fishfan79
05-13-2011, 10:24 PM
miami is a bigger underdog :)

MJ-BULLS
05-13-2011, 10:28 PM
Again, the Bulls are favored on Sunday and the majority of America (53% of ESPN users) pick the Bulls. Not huge underdogs :shrug: NBA.com was 54/46 in favor of Miami...again, not a huge gap. CBS is 54/46 in favor of Chicago instead.

Hell, look at the poll here. More people are picking Chicago (so your claim is a bit off...)

Dallas was a significant underdog going into that series...both in Vegas and amongst the public.

Meh, thats just people picking the bulls because, as you may know, not alot of people like the Heat. You look at the clowns they have on espn, and everybody is picking the Heat. :shrug:

For me the Bulls are the underdog here.

JasonJohnHorn
05-13-2011, 10:50 PM
The Bulls have the best record in the league. They have home court advantage. The easily win the PG and C match-ups, and PF is a wash in my book, perhaps an edge going to Boozer. But while LBJ will easily outplay Deng, there will not be as big a difference between what LBJ does on Deng and what Rose will do on Bibby/Chambers. Key match-up is shooting guard for Miami. But these teams are both good and neither can honestly be considered an underdog.

Dallas was an under dog in the LA series, but not as much as Memphis was in the SA series.

TylerSL
05-14-2011, 12:04 AM
The only analysts on ESPN that picked the Bulls were Jon Barry and Michael Wilbon (bulls fan). Everyone else, including NBA TV analysts, picked Miami. Even DRose acknowledged that the Bulls are underdogs.

so just because Rose said you're underdogs, your underdogs?? Look nobody is underdogs in this series, not you guys, and not us. The guys on ESPN are stupid as crap as it is. You guys act how ESPN analysts are dumb, then turn around and act as if what they think hold any merit when you can use it like this (to call the Bulls an underdog).

TylerSL
05-14-2011, 12:09 AM
From ESPN - "The top-seeded Bulls may be considered underdogs"

Well well

again your using ESPN's word to support your claim :eyebrow:

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Well try convincing the Bulls otherwise because they're convinced that they're underdogs, as well as myself.

Jonathan2323
05-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Rose playing the underdog card to take pressure off his team and if they lose it will be ok.

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 12:32 AM
^lol not at all. If anything it's added motivation.

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Anyway LeBron and the Heat will always have more pressure because he's the best player ever to not win a championship. If the Bulls knock them out, everyone will be asking what went wrong rather than acknowledging the Bulls' great run.

ChiSox219
05-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Rose playing the underdog card to take pressure off his team and if they lose it will be ok.

When did Derrick Rose play the "underdog card"?

Arch Stanton
05-14-2011, 12:40 AM
The Mavs are surprising to me only because of their past. However, earlier I would've said the Heat were the underdogs but now I think it's the Bulls. Even though the Bulls beat the Heat during the regular season. Go all underdogs. I hope it's a Memphis-Chicago Finals.

DaBear
05-14-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't think the Bulls are as big of underdogs as you think. Miami fans will make you think that because a lot of them are cocky, but you don't have to be a rocket scientist to think the Bulls have just as much of a shot as they do of winning the series. The Bulls swept them in the regular season, have homecourt advantage, and a strong front court which is Miami's weakness.

DaBear
05-14-2011, 12:51 AM
And like someone mentioned, the Bulls were favored 52-48 percent by the ESPN poll voters. Just because the majority of the ESPN "experts" picked the Heat does not mean they are heavily favored among the rest of the sports world.

D1JM
05-14-2011, 12:57 AM
Haha. There is way way way more bulls fans across the united states and in psd so obviously they are going to pick the bulls. You got to be dumb to think that those polls don't show favoritism

JordansBulls
05-14-2011, 01:07 AM
Is this a trick question? If the thread was OKC vs Memphis or LA vs Mavs that is one thing. Mavs were huge underdogs, come on now. They were playing the 2x defending champions, a player in Kobe who was 24-1 in series with HCA and also they themselves had a history of losing in round 1 to inferior teams so imagine against a championship team.

king4day
05-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Mavs... Most fans don't even know who the underdog is in the Heat-Bulls series (Bulls).

Agreed. I don't think it's anywhere close. Everyone had LA over Dallas including myself. Heat might be favs but not even Vegas would be surprised if Chicago won.

DaBear
05-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Haha. There is way way way more bulls fans across the united states and in psd so obviously they are going to pick the bulls. You got to be dumb to think that those polls don't show favoritism

So you're saying anyone who picks the Bulls is basing it off homerism?

More-Than-Most
05-14-2011, 01:40 AM
How exactly are the bulls the underdogs???? They had the best record... They are always talked about and before the playoffs were crowned the champs... and Rose gets talked about more then god. I think the heat will win but the way the media slurps rose I am pretty sure they are the favorites this series because of the complete team aspect.

akagiredsuns
05-14-2011, 01:53 AM
JBOBO what pot are you smoking? The Bulls underdogs vs. MIA? :laugh2: I needed a good laugh before bedtime. Seriously this is just an ignorant thread that is gonna lead to baiting, so why try to stir the pot. Don't bother with your See Red pic and then say the Bulls are underdogs. True Bulls fans BULL-IEVE. Fakers not wanted. Mods please close this senseless thread. Common sense the Mavs were underdogs vs. LA. You should have talked about just that. What a FAIL!!! :facepalm:

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 02:44 AM
^You're begging for a ban. I made this thread because I felt that it was a legitimate question and for you to ask me what pot I'm smoking is insulting to say the least. The Mavs were underdogs and so are the Bulls; so I'm asking who the bigger underdog is. Everyone knew the Lakers were lacking this year and not many people were surprised to see Dallas win. In fact, many people felt Dallas would win the series after game 1.

Regardless, I'm insulted by your comment and there's no room for that on PSD. I'm open to express my opinions but I will not tolerate someone insulting my intelligence.

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 02:46 AM
And fyi, just because I think the Bulls are underdogs doesn't make me a fake fan. I believe they have a great chance of winning but apparently the rest of the country doesn't, aside from heat haters/bulls fans.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2011, 03:04 AM
^You're begging for a ban. I made this thread because I felt that it was a legitimate question and for you to ask me what pot I'm smoking is insulting to say the least. The Mavs were underdogs and so are the Bulls; so I'm asking who the bigger underdog is. Everyone knew the Lakers were lacking this year and not many people were surprised to see Dallas win. In fact, many people felt Dallas would win the series after game 1.

Regardless, I'm insulted by your comment and there's no room for that on PSD. I'm open to express my opinions but I will not tolerate someone insulting my intelligence.

What exactly did he say that warrants a ban???? He has an opinion about this thread and how ridiculous it is. If the bulls are actually underdogs its by a small margin... Everyone I know is picking them to win the series to be completely honest.

Sidenote-The Lakers are the defending champs while the Mavs seem to always choke so them winning was a big shock in my opinion.

chi-townlove1
05-14-2011, 10:43 AM
The Heat are heavily favored to beat the Bulls by the media and most of PSD. That's not to say that they shouldn't be, but it is what it is. That said, do you think the Bulls have a larger underdog role than the Mavs did vs LA? Keep in mind that Dallas did not have HCA and the Bulls do.

oh cause the media and PSD are known to be so intelligent...

justinnum1
05-14-2011, 10:43 AM
What exactly did he say that warrants a ban???? He has an opinion about this thread and how ridiculous it is. If the bulls are actually underdogs its by a small margin... Everyone I know is picking them to win the series to be completely honest.

Sidenote-The Lakers are the defending champs while the Mavs seem to always choke so them winning was a big shock in my opinion.

Spot on

chi-townlove1
05-14-2011, 10:45 AM
JBOBO what pot are you smoking? The Bulls underdogs vs. MIA? :laugh2: I needed a good laugh before bedtime. Seriously this is just an ignorant thread that is gonna lead to baiting, so why try to stir the pot. Don't bother with your See Red pic and then say the Bulls are underdogs. True Bulls fans BULL-IEVE. Fakers not wanted. Mods please close this senseless thread. Common sense the Mavs were underdogs vs. LA. You should have talked about just that. What a FAIL!!! :facepalm:

im all with ya brother. no disagreements here, but the sad thing is, is that it looks like the Heat are going to be favored by 2.5..... but w.e. we havent let that stop us all year long.

Hawkeye15
05-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Who says the Bulls are huge underdogs? I have seen a ton of mixed predictions out there on the sports sites. hell, ESPN insider today, right now, has an article on how the Bulls are slight favorites.

The Mavs were picked by virtually nobody to advance past the 2 time current champions.

I can't believe this is even a question...

JB0B0
05-14-2011, 01:00 PM
The Bulls are not favorites...turn on your TV and this will be evident. And what's with everyone saying "what does the media know?". They sure as hell know more than we do. These guys study basketball for their lives and most have played at the professional level.

Also, of the 15 ESPN analysts, only 3 picked the bulls to win. Of those same 15, all 15 picked LA to win although 5 picked LA in 7. If these so called champs were supposed to roll over the Mavs, I doubt analysts would predict such a close series.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-14-2011, 01:15 PM
The Mavs, they swept the Lakers and no one expected them to win the series yet alone sweep it

I concur, nobody gave the Mavs any respect and then the Mavs mauled the champs.

flclfanman
05-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Bulls are now SLIGHT underdogs, nothing drastic (like 52-48, almost a coinflip).

Despite what everyone else has said, these games will be close and close games come down to coaching. Chicago has a gigantic advantage in that department.

As for the Mavs, we're all still shocked they're still here, they're the REAL underdogs:

No respect when they played Portland
No respect when they MATCHUPED against the Lakeshow, let alone play them.
Now they will probably get less respect regardless of who they play next round.

king4day
05-14-2011, 01:38 PM
The Bulls are not favorites...turn on your TV and this will be evident. And what's with everyone saying "what does the media know?". They sure as hell know more than we do. These guys study basketball for their lives and most have played at the professional level.

Also, of the 15 ESPN analysts, only 3 picked the bulls to win. Of those same 15, all 15 picked LA to win although 5 picked LA in 7. If these so called champs were supposed to roll over the Mavs, I doubt analysts would predict such a close series.

It's not that the Bulls aren't underdogs, it's that no one would be shocked if Chicago won the series.
Personally, I'm surprised the Bulls aren't favored to win, even by a little or to go 7 games.

A lot of people had Dallas being ousted by Portland. Then playing the 3 time defending Western champs, probably 10% of America gave the any shot.

It's just a bad comparison. Maybe using the Thunder/Griz instead of LA/Dallas would be better fit.

king4day
05-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Added a poll to this one.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2011, 02:30 PM

So because they played the sport professionally they know more???? Just because they are on tv or because they played means very little. People here could have studied basketball forever as well. You are losing more and more cred each time you post. Give me reasons why the Heat should be favorites??? Or big favorites like you continue to say

justinnum1
05-14-2011, 02:35 PM
It's not that the Bulls aren't underdogs, it's that no one would be shocked if Chicago won the series.
Personally, I'm surprised the Bulls aren't favored to win, even by a little or to go 7 games.

A lot of people had Dallas being ousted by Portland. Then playing the 3 time defending Western champs, probably 10% of America gave the any shot.

It's just a bad comparison. Maybe using the Thunder/Griz instead of LA/Dallas would be better fit.

The only reason i can think of the bulls aren't favorite even though they have home court is how they struggled against the pacers and the hawks.

More-Than-Most
05-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Bulls were 3-0 Against heat.

Bulls have home court

Bulls are deeper and have a deeper bench.

Miami has the big 3 and I am picking them to win by a short margin only because how they looked against the celtics and Sixers. Everything clearly favors the bulls to be honest so I am just trying to figure out how the heat are favorites.

Bwest4prez
05-14-2011, 02:57 PM
haha this is ridiculous. I cant believe theirs even a thread for this, but I respect your opinion. Have some common sense here. I dont post on here much but after seeing this i just had to comment. Clearly the Mavs were the underdog even in the Portland series. Alot of people picked Portland. And i can tell you this i live in Dallas and even Mavs fans thought they wouldnt be able to beat the lakers. Man People need to think before posting a question like this.

jerellh528
05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
memphis over san antonio

210Don
05-14-2011, 04:40 PM
lol @ this guy stfu and watch the series!
tryin talk all proper and **** **** that!

dtmagnet
05-14-2011, 04:58 PM
The Bulls aren't really an underdog at all....

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Lol Bulls are heavy underdogs yet they had the best record in the NBA. And thats Bulls that are saying this...

If that doesnt tell you that they are overrated, then idk what does.

blams
05-14-2011, 05:16 PM
C'mon man. Bulls are the 1 seed and had more wins. While I agree the Heat are the favorites, the Mavs were much bigger underdogs and for good reason.

Dnovakovic099
05-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Bulls are NOT the underdogs.

Funny, how when the Bulls struggle against Atlanta and Miami steamrolls the Celtics Miami fans say the Bulls have no shot and Miami is the best. Now that the Bulls got through Miami fans say the Bulls aren't an underdog. I agree the Bulls aren't underdogs and that is because they are a better team than Miami.

heathonater
05-14-2011, 05:54 PM
no one, including me, gave the mavs a real shot at beating the lakers. right before the playoffs started, they were the team out west that everyone thought was vulnerable to an early exit. as for the bulls and heat series, i think most people view this as an evenly matched series with no clear favorite.

justinnum1
05-14-2011, 06:29 PM
Funny, how when the Bulls struggle against Atlanta and Miami steamrolls the Celtics Miami fans say the Bulls have no shot and Miami is the best. Now that the Bulls got through Miami fans say the Bulls aren't an underdog. I agree the Bulls aren't underdogs and that is because they are a better team than Miami.

Your about to find out that is wrong.

The Flash
05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
^I'd beg to differ regarding your sentiment that fans cannot identify an underdog in the Bulls-Heat series. The Bulls are heavy underdogs imo. ESPN, NBA TV, and a large portion of PSD seem to think the Heat will win the series. However, I do agree that the Mavs were probably bigger underdogs since they were facing the champs without HCA.

Miami lost 3 times to Chicago this year so it's safe to say until we beat you we're the underdogs

MelkyNYY
05-14-2011, 06:42 PM
no one, including me, gave the mavs a real shot at beating the lakers. right before the playoffs started, they were the team out west that everyone thought was vulnerable to an early exit. as for the bulls and heat series, i think most people view this as an evenly matched series with no clear favorite.

I actually posted before the series started that the Mavs would sweep the Lakers.

j11430
05-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Lol Bulls are heavy underdogs yet they had the best record in the NBA. And thats Bulls that are saying this...

If that doesnt tell you that they are overrated, then idk what does.

Doesn't momentum have something to do with it too? On paper the Heat are far and away better, but for the majority of the year the Bulls were the better TEAM. Miami's just now figuring out the team concept they've been missing all year. If the Bulls play better team basketball than the Heat it could be a lot closer than most people think

justinnum1
05-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Doesn't momentum have something to do with it too? On paper the Heat are far and away better, but for the majority of the year the Bulls were the better TEAM. Miami's just now figuring out the team concept they've been missing all year. If the Bulls play better team basketball than the Heat it could be a lot closer than most people think

If you want to factor for momentum, heat win that on heavily...they just dispatched the celtics in 5 while the bulls went 6 games with the hawks...It would take 4 amazing games from the bulls to beat the heat and i think we have only seen 1 really good game from them in the post season so far.

jp611
05-14-2011, 07:12 PM
If you want to factor for momentum, heat win that on heavily...they just dispatched the celtics in 5 while the bulls went 6 games with the hawks...It would take 4 amazing games from the bulls to beat the heat and i think we have only seen 1 really good game from them in the post season so far.

Bulls-Hawks series was never really all that close... we handled them in the 4 wins and won by double digits each game... as for the Heat-Celtics series, yes the Heat looked pretty good in beating them, but just because the Bulls-Hawks series was one game longer than the Heat-Celtics series doesnt mean that the Bulls were that much worse... let's just let them play the games and see what happens

R. Johnson#3
05-14-2011, 07:50 PM
I think it's funny that the Bulls are the underdog in the series. They've had the Heat's number all year. I'm saying Bulls in 5.

jp611
05-14-2011, 07:52 PM
I think it's funny that the Bulls are the underdog in the series. They've had the Heat's number all year. I'm saying Bulls in 5.

You didnt get the memo? The regular season doesnt mean anything, the Bulls don't have a 2nd gear, the Heat are unstoppable, the only way they will lose is if they have an injury

justinnum1
05-14-2011, 07:52 PM

:laugh2: not even bulls fans would pick their team in 5 lol...this series is going at least 6.

SteBO
05-14-2011, 07:57 PM
Bulls-Hawks series was never really all that close... we handled them in the 4 wins and won by double digits each game... as for the Heat-Celtics series, yes the Heat looked pretty good in beating them, but just because the Bulls-Hawks series was one game longer than the Heat-Celtics series doesnt mean that the Bulls were that much worse... let's just let them play the games and see what happens
I agree with this to some degree. The Bulls were in control in one of their losses, Game 4 I think it was, until Josh Smith went through one of his "smart" basketball phases. Game 1, the Hawks were just on fire. In all the Bulls wins, they won pretty decisively. The only true blowout the Bulls had in that series was Game 6. Still, I never got an itch that the Hawks would win that series, even when the Hawks were playing well.

jp611
05-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I will admit that the Bulls looked awful against the Pacers except for Game 5, in some ways, the Bulls-Pacers series was a lot tougher than the Hawks series, even though we lost more games to the Hawks