PDA

View Full Version : ADLEMAN TO LA? General Consensus!

JasonJohnHorn
05-13-2011, 03:17 PM
There is a thread for this in the LA forum already, but as I was reading through it, I was surprised to see a lot of LA fans AGAINST Adleman. When I saw the news on ESPN, I was actually excited about it. Adleman has been one of the most consistent coaches in the league over the last twenty years, but a lot of Lakers fans seem to think he is a "loser" because he's never won a title.

So I thought I'd post this on the general forum and see what fan around the league thought of a possible Adleman in LA scenario. I can understand why Lakers fans may want Shaw, but I cant understand why anybody with half a brain would be opposed to Adleman as their coach since he has always gotten so much out of his teams, even when they are depleted by injuries.

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Either Larry Brown or Jerry Sloan

whitemamba33
05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
I wanted Jerry Sloan.

Lakers running his offense and with his commitment to defense...tough to beat. LA could run an unstoppable pick and roll.

TheHoopsProphet
05-13-2011, 03:26 PM
If Lakers dont hire Brian Shaw, I think Mitch should be fired

Purple&Gold24
05-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Kobe will be the coach cmon you shoud know this.

John Walls Era
05-13-2011, 03:30 PM
I hope this doesn't happen. Adelman shouldn't have to deal with Kobe...

Savage Sunday
05-13-2011, 03:31 PM
I wanted Jerry Sloan.

Lakers running his offense and with his commitment to defense...tough to beat. LA could run an unstoppable pick and roll.

You need an actual PG to do it. Fisher & Blake arent cutting it.

Dont just throw Kobe out there because he averages 5 APG, it takes a good passer/decision maker PG to effectively run the Pick & Roll and Sloan was lucky enough to have 2 in Stockton & Malone.

homestarunner93
05-13-2011, 03:32 PM
I think Rick Adelman would be a good fit for them. For those of you saying Larry Brown, that's a horrible idea. He would never tolerate the terrible PG play or the soft post play of the Lakers. He's a perfectionist, and his message grows stale fast. Kobe would run him out of town by year two.

BigCityofDreams
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Kobe is already the coach cmon you shoud know this.

let me fix that for you

Savage Sunday
05-13-2011, 03:36 PM
This is a match made in hell btw.

Adelman is a control freak just like Larry Brown and if the Lakers dont give him any power in the front office, he wont last very long. Phil was more of a coach than Front Office guy which allowed him to be fine coaching the team while having basically no relationship with Kupchak and Buss.

Im guranteeing you he will clash with Kobe because he will want to cut down on Kobe's touches. Phil let Kobe do what he wanted due to their 10+ years working together.

ManRam
05-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I don't know.

I don't think Adelman is an LA Laker head coach type of guy. He just doesn't have the moxie IMO. I also think he isn't a good coach for Kobe. As Savage said, he's a control freak, and I don't think Kobe would respond well to that.

I don't know if I like Shaw either. Sure, he's an LA guy, he knows the system and the players, but are Kobe and co. really going to listen to him and do everything he says? I have my doubts. I think they need a stronger personality. I may be 100% wrong about him, but it just worries me a little. I think where the Lakers are now, they need veteran coach.

Purple&Gold24
05-13-2011, 03:46 PM
It's going to be Brian Shaw.

Purple&Gold24
05-13-2011, 03:47 PM
let me fix that for you

Thanks

Hellcrooner
05-13-2011, 03:55 PM
whoever except shaw or rambis

we dont need a yes man licking kobes ***

we need someone that kobe can respect enough ......wich is going to be tough unless we miraculously convince popovic.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 04:00 PM
It all depends on if Kobe likes him or not. At the end of it all I think Shaw gets it.

TheHoopsProphet
05-13-2011, 04:02 PM
whoever except shaw or rambis

we dont need a yes man licking kobes ***

we need someone that kobe can respect enough ......wich is going to be tough unless we miraculously convince popovic.

colby respects shaw. He respects Rambis too.

Both will be sure to implement Bynum and Gasol into the offense more, and I could see them getting up into colbys sexy face if colby ever derails frm the plan. SHAW OR RAMBIS for pres. None of this "LA needs a coach with a HOF resume" entitlement BS

KingPosey
05-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Well i do know that the Lakers are interested in RA, and he is more than just "on their radar". I also know that the organization is split right down the middle on Shaw being the guy.

I guarantee Rick could do wonders with that team. A player like Pau that can pass out of the high post, a big in bynum that plays back to the basket, and of course Kobe. Adelman would have that team's offense flying next season.

KingPosey
05-13-2011, 04:04 PM
You need an actual PG to do it. Fisher & Blake arent cutting it.

Dont just throw Kobe out there because he averages 5 APG, it takes a good passer/decision maker PG to effectively run the Pick & Roll and Sloan was lucky enough to have 2 in Stockton & Malone.

not completely. You need a PG that can score. With the Kings, RA ran mostly through his bigs, and Bibby, as good as he was, isnt much of a true PG.

Lake_Show2416
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
it would be a great move i always had much respect for him & he was my 1st realistic option

Crackadalic
05-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Rick doesn't have the charisma to control big egos like Phil does. Rick is probably a better X and O type coach then phil but thats it

JordansBulls
05-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Let Magic Johnson be the coach.

TheHoopsProphet
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM

surely you joke? r u being a jokester jordansbulls? cause i think u r trying to be a jokester. and if u r trying to be a jokester, then i do not approve this below-the-belt attempt to get a cheap laugh outta me! stay out of the lakers forum if u dare say such cruel things again about the magic man and the laker fans!

Hellcrooner
05-13-2011, 04:32 PM

no thanks, that didnt work out so well the first time around.

not to mention magic and kobe HATE each other even if they dont really give it away publicly.

ttam68
05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Are you trying to compete with JB for threads per week?

championships
05-13-2011, 05:17 PM
If Shaw is hired, It will be Kobe running the team. I want a real coach who knows what he is doing. Shaw won't be able to handle the big egos, He will lose the team fast.

Chronz
05-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I wanted Jerry Sloan.

Jazz didnt feature a PnR heavy offense, they went to it down the stretch but throughout the game they ran flex stuff.

And Im not sold on the Lakers being able to play PnR heavy stuff either.

Meloman
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I think it could be a solid move, he's not Phil Jackson, but he's a solid coach. He won't **** things up for them.

Baller1
05-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Noooo... Go coach OKC. :(

Niro
05-13-2011, 08:09 PM
**** i am drunk
but
lmao to/AT I DONT CARE CUZ I AM GERMAN *****ES
"I hate LA and really dont care who they hire a coach. "

tuuuuuurn my swag on im gettin moneeeeey oooohhoooo yeeeaaahhh

ManRam
05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
If Shaw is hired, It will be Kobe running the team. I want a real coach who knows what he is doing. Shaw won't be able to handle the big egos, He will lose the team fast.

This is how I feel.

I can't imagine Shaw having any ability to tell Kobe what to do...and sometimes Kobe does need to be straightened up. I don't know much about Shaw, but he comes off as being a huge players' coach who wouldn't command the respect of stars.

Baller1
05-13-2011, 08:19 PM
**** i am drunk
but
lmao to/AT I DONT CARE CUZ I AM GERMAN *****ES
"I hate LA and really dont care who they hire a coach. "

tuuuuuurn my swag on im gettin moneeeeey oooohhoooo yeeeaaahhh

:laugh:

NBA-GMaster
05-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Hmm.. Adelman to Lakers and Shaw to Houston, another Lakers-Rockets swap.. :up:

Johnnymo620
05-14-2011, 09:04 AM
No adelman is terrible what has he ever done in the NBA....... NOTHING AT ALL

SP17
05-14-2011, 11:38 AM
^^^^^lol

Chi StateOfMind
05-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I always thought Shaw would replace Phil. If not Shaw maybe Sloan or Mike Brown.

Johnnymo620
05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
r u high mike brown????????????? your HIGH

CeeDub15
05-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I bet Shaw ends up being the coach.

ManRam
05-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Haha...Mike Brown. :laugh:

Not only do I think he's a terrible coach, but he's a terrible fit. He isn't the type of coach Kobe's Lakers need.

Antipod
05-14-2011, 12:21 PM
Whatever ...this is LAL forum thread.

WE have our own problems ;)

smith&wesson
05-14-2011, 12:22 PM
LA Should hire sloan and then go after chris paul hard

Supreme LA
05-14-2011, 03:20 PM
If Lakers dont hire Brian Shaw, I think Mitch should be fired

I agree. Most fans in the Laker forum really want Adelman for some reason. Some say they would even take JVG and Dunleavy before Shaw, which is just insane to me.

kArSoN RyDaH
05-14-2011, 06:54 PM
I don't know why people are saying it's on Kobe. It's not. Kobe would obviously want a coach but it's not up to him.

Kobe knows what we need and if it's a hard coach who is in control I can guarentee Kobe will be there supporting him as long as he's leading our team in the right direction.

Bravo95
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
If Jerry Sloan and Larry Brown are truly done, the two best available coaches for a veteran, contending team are Rick Adelman and Jeff Van Gundy. Adelman is the best fit imo. Shaw is all wrong; you don't give the Rolls Royce keys to a rookie driver.

"I came here to coach McGrady and Yao, but ended up coaching Luis and Chuck." - Adelman.

People who say he isn't legit are kidding themselves. Houston lost three starters (Yao, Battier, Brooks) and he still got them to win 43 games.

Storch
05-14-2011, 08:01 PM
People that keep talking about Kobe like he's a cancer need to just stop. I guarantee that if the coach proves to Kobe that his system is working and getting the W's, Kobe would follow. All Kobe cares about are getting more rings, and if the new coach is going to help him get there, best believe that he's going to follow.

Storch
05-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Adelman can run his Kings' offense when he had Webber and Divac in the post. That would be a great thing to watch. Imagine Pau and Bynum getting the ball all the time? The kings ran their offense inside out. Noice!

Bravo95
05-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I think Mike Brown gets a bad rap, also. The Cavs' offense was ugly since Lebron just dominated the bball, but no one can say that team didn't defend with the best of 'em. Brown could really help a team with good offensive pieces already in place that needs to learn how to play D, like Golden State.

tbone2171
05-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Who gives a ****? ...Move to Lakers forum