PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers and Celtics Working on a Multi-Year Contract

goblazers7
05-13-2011, 02:22 AM
Rivers' contract expires at the end of this season, but a person with knowledge of the negotiations told the Associated Press that the Celtics and coach Rivers are working on a deal that would keep him on their bench for multiple years. USA Today

The deal is for "more than two or three years," the person told The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the details were still being worked out. Although last summer Rivers mulled whether to take time off and spend time with his family, he said immediately after Wednesday night's game that he was "leaning heavily to coming back." "I haven't made that decision, but I can tell you I probably will," he said. "I'm a Celtic and I love our guys. I want to win again here, and I'm competitive as hell. I have a competitive group, so we'll see. I can tell you that is where I am at today. Tomorrow I may change my mind, but that's where I am at today." USA Today

Props to Hoopshype.com

What do you guys think? Good idea for Doc with the age and injuries his team has?

NYK4L
05-13-2011, 02:27 AM
He could test the waters to see what's out there, very high in demand coach.

NYKalltheway
05-13-2011, 07:34 AM
I thought he'd take 2 years off

allSUAVE
05-13-2011, 07:50 AM
he's going to regret that IMO

Agar81
05-13-2011, 07:53 AM
^ why?