PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone seriously think that the NBA wants the last semifinal to go into Sunday?

mzgrizz
05-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Any thoughts ? I try not to be too paranoid about the NBA refereeing but
I have my doubts as to how Thunder friendly the refs will be in order to start both conference finals together on Sunday.

Jewelz0376
05-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Seriously some people go way too far with this Nba is fixing the league stuff....

210Don
05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
no.

SMH!
05-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Ehh.. If it was rigged, I think this series would be over by now, they could of easily "fixed" this series into something way shorter. Play better, no excuses.

Sixerlover
05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
If Memphis plays great, they'll win big, if not they'll lose. Simple as that.

Sadds The Gr8
05-12-2011, 11:21 PM
no. The NBA will rig the game for the Oklahoma City Thunder to win, in devastating fashion.

Meloman
05-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Absolutely. Think about it, the league SHOULD want to hype Durant up, and they should want Memphis playing as much as possible because this run has completely invigorated their fan base. A game 7 would give Durant a chance to shine in the spotlight and get hype as a playoff hero (though he has already been fantastic). I don't think the game will be rigged or anything, but to answer the basic question yes I think the league would love a game 7.

mzgrizz
05-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Ehh.. If it was rigged, I think this series would be over by now, they could of easily "fixed" this series into something way shorter. Play better, no excuses.

Well, I actually wasn't thinking there was ref "problem" with game 5. The Grizzlies fizzled in that one. It was more of a generic question re: starting both conference finals on the same day, or do they like(and would assist in assuring that) alternate days better for TV revenues???

Baller1
05-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Yup, every game is rigged in OKC's favor. The refs tried to get them to go 82-0 this year, but OKC just sucks that much. There'll be no difference in this one.

iggypop123
05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
seriously the nba fixing thing has to stop. lakers lost in 4. last year the thunder had 40 more ft's than the lakers in their 2 home playoff games. no real evidence

whitemamba33
05-12-2011, 11:47 PM
True fans make excuses for losing a day before the game even begins.

ManRam
05-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Seriously some people go way too far with this Nba is fixing the league stuff....

Seriously. All this conspiracy talk is getting old.

If this was all rigged, the Lakers wouldn't have been swept, the Knicks wouldn't have been swept, Boston would have won more games...the list goes on and on.

This is just a preemptive excuse for when/if the Grizz lose.

godolphins
05-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I expect the series to end tomorrow and so is David Stern ;)

JordansBulls
05-13-2011, 12:00 AM
I have my doubts as to how Thunder friendly the refs will be in order to start both conference finals together on Sunday.

Doesn't matter. They start the finals on a Thursday and the schedule is set.

nolin
05-13-2011, 12:13 AM

lol at this thread. yes i think its fixed thats why they knocked LA out of the playoffs. because this league is rigged. thats also why they knocked orlando out. they want dwight to go to LA.

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Doesn't matter. They start the finals on a Thursday and the schedule is set.

Well JB you could have ended this a lot sooner with that bit of knowledge.
As I posted, BAD PLAY on Wednesday set up the Grizz for this must win situation tonight. I was asking if anyone thought TV scheduling could impact the league's desires/needs. IT IS OBVIOUS TO ME NOW that it is irrelevant.
As to anyone else thinking I have thrown in the towel already, then they just have no clue. It's not hard being a little paranoid as a fan in a small market team . Big Name Stars DEFINITELY get more calls, and it is OBVIOUS Kevin Durant is one of the new and young faces of the NBA. He is damn good and amazing to watch. But I did not see blatant favoritism with the refs this series. I do not EXPECT that tonight either. It should be another epic battle between the 2 youngest teams in the NBA tonight.
It was a rhetorical question with a touch of sarcasm and...........hope.

Hangtime
05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Seriously. All this conspiracy talk is getting old.

If this was all rigged, the Lakers wouldn't have been swept, the Knicks wouldn't have been swept, Boston would have won more games...the list goes on and on.

This is just a preemptive excuse for when/if the Grizz lose.

Exactly. The two most anticipated series in the playoffs BOS/NY and BOS/MIA fizzled out in a 4 and 5 game sweep. Dwight Howard got sent home early. There have been bad calls on MEM and OKC in this series. LA for cryin out loud got swept. Enough with the conspiracy BS

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Exactly. The two most anticipated series in the playoffs BOS/NY and BOS/MIA fizzled out in a 4 and 5 game sweep. Dwight Howard got sent home early. There have been bad calls on MEM and OKC in this series. LA for cryin out loud got swept. Enough with the conspiracy BS

Damn hangtime, did you read the post above you?

whitemamba33
05-13-2011, 02:20 PM

There has been no reason to suspect it being fixed, and you've even said yourself that you haven't seen it in this series. On top of that, the schedule is already set, which is something you would have learned if you had done 30 seconds of research before making this stupid thread. So you really had no reason at all to make this topic. After all of that, you are complaining about the quality of answers you are getting?

I. don't. get. it.

Hangtime
05-13-2011, 02:28 PM

Sorry mzgrizz, I didn't read your post.

mustaine
05-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Yes I do, everybody loves a game 7.

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 04:18 PM
There has been no reason to suspect it being fixed, and you've even said yourself that you haven't seen it in this series. On top of that, the schedule is already set, which is something you would have learned if you had done 30 seconds of research before making this stupid thread. So you really had no reason at all to make this topic. After all of that, you are complaining about the quality of answers you are getting?

I. don't. get. it.

Well, kiss my grits ! Having NEVER been this far in the Playoffs, I didn't know. So shoot me.

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Sorry mzgrizz, I didn't read your post.

Thanks hangtime.......I'm getting roasted in here :cry::cry::cry::facepalm:

mttwlsn16
05-13-2011, 04:33 PM

laker fans are good at this

justinnum1
05-13-2011, 04:44 PM
:facepalm:

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 05:49 PM
laker fans are good at this

Aha..........

Punk
05-13-2011, 09:09 PM
I thought about it and I honestly believe it.