PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Game 6 in MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES v THUNDER

mzgrizz
05-12-2011, 09:41 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/153/grizzliescopy.jpg V http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8006/thunder2.jpg

ROUND 2 GAME 6 in MEMPHIS TENNESSEE 8PM ESPN

SERIES 2-3 WITH MEMPHIS NEEDING A WIN TO STAY ALIVE

GO GRIZZLIES !!!!GO GRIZZLIES !!!!! GO GRIZZLIES !!!!!!

mzgrizz
05-12-2011, 09:44 PM
That is a good sign; posted it from memory and without Google Chrome !
Saw the line was Grizz by 2 which is not a vote of confidence.....however it should MOTIVATE the guys to reach down and secure them and GO FOR THE WIN !!!!!

mzgrizz
05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
HAHAH we are expecting THUNDERstorms tomorrow but it's only a slight risk !!!!

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 12:00 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/may/13/nba-playoffs-game-6-thunder-at-grizzlies-8-pm/

DON'T STOP BELIEVING

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
HAHAH we are expecting THUNDERstorms tomorrow but it's only a slight risk !!!!

What irony ! We are now under a SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH but just til 7 pm !!!

Snakeyestx
05-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I think tonight goes without saying...

A Cornered Grizzly is a dangerous animal.

What I need to see on the court tonight :

* Battier on the floor and being WAY more assertive with playcalling

* Randolph drawing massive fouls early on the OKC starters

* Arthur and Mayo both need a really hot touch

* TAKE....IT....TO.....THE....HOLE (do not depend on the outside shot)

* Keep Gasol confident in his shot. Man I saw his jumper, do his feet even leave the floor? It's a strange looking motion, but whatever works.

* B - E ... Aggressive

* NO meltdowns. Hollins needs to grab this team by the balls every chance he gets to keep them focused. He needs to.... be a little more like Phil Jackson and smack players for bad plays like he did to Pau.

* No moments of silence. He needs to be like George Karl in their last game before getting eliminated. Frantic. He needs to tell the team "Listen, I'll burn every time out if I have to if you guys need rest, but please, put it ALL out there while the clock is ticking." That was probably the single-most emotional thing I've heard a coach say this season. Time-outs are critical, but if you give it your all, he'll burn them to let you catch your breath if you need it.

* The ball needs to talk tonight in those playoff style commercials... needs to mention the constant rebounds, like the one with Howard, needs to talk about how sore it is like the triple overtime one from the Bulls/Celts, and it needs to talk about how emotional it was when the game ends and they take a win. The "Fish-rim-fish-rim-fishyrim" one can stay away, because this game can't come down to a final shot with 0.4 remaining. :D

* Don't blow transition layups... period. Don't get caught in a fast-break either. Keep turnovers LOW or non-existant. You guys set a record already in the playoffs for least amount of turnovers in a game... you need a repeat performance or a record-breaker.

* Take out cold players, even if they're starters. Bench points are a must. Game 5 was 17 to 44 in bench points. That's either incredible from OKC, or ridiculous from the Grizz bench. I'll sit on the fence and say it's a bit of both.

I could go on and on, but those are keys... commentators on NBA tv usually only get to say 3.... i'm over my limit.

I'm not gonna fall on the cliche wagon about BELIEVE... I can't do that. The team is talented enough to win on their own merit, it's just down to execution tonight. Plain and simple. Execute... and blow the damned lid off the FedEx forum.

Hangtime
05-13-2011, 02:50 PM
They should win. No way they drop 3 straight to OKC. They need to make those easy layups they missed last game. They can get in the paint. They should have their legs and confidence with the home crowd. We need our bench to step up again and rebounding needs to get better.

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 04:27 PM

* Keep Gasol confident in his shot. Man I saw his jumper, do his feet even leave the floor? It's a strange looking motion, but whatever works.

* B - E ... Aggressive

* NO meltdowns. Hollins needs to grab this team by the balls every chance he gets to keep them focused. He needs to.... be a little more like Phil Jackson and smack players for bad plays like he did to Pau.

* No moments of silence. He needs to be like George Karl in their last game before getting eliminated. Frantic. He needs to tell the team "Listen, I'll burn every time out if I have to if you guys need rest, but please, put it ALL out there while the clock is ticking." That was probably the single-most emotional thing I've heard a coach say this season. Time-outs are critical, but if you give it your all, he'll burn them to let you catch your breath if you need it.

* The ball needs to talk tonight in those playoff style commercials... needs to mention the constant rebounds, like the one with Howard, needs to talk about how sore it is like the triple overtime one from the Bulls/Celts, and it needs to talk about how emotional it was when the game ends and they take a win. The "Fish-rim-fish-rim-fishyrim" one can stay away, because this game can't come down to a final shot with 0.4 remaining. :D

* Don't blow transition layups... period. Don't get caught in a fast-break either. Keep turnovers LOW or non-existant. You guys set a record already in the playoffs for least amount of turnovers in a game... you need a repeat performance or a record-breaker.

* Take out cold players, even if they're starters. Bench points are a must. Game 5 was 17 to 44 in bench points. That's either incredible from OKC, or ridiculous from the Grizz bench. I'll sit on the fence and say it's a bit of both.

I could go on and on, but those are keys... commentators on NBA tv usually only get to say 3.... i'm over my limit.

I'm not gonna fall on the cliche wagon about BELIEVE... I can't do that. The team is talented enough to win on their own merit, it's just down to execution tonight. Plain and simple. Execute... and blow the damned lid off the FedEx forum.

:clap::clap::clap:
Would you consider coming and help coach this team?????:D

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 04:30 PM
They should win. No way they drop 3 straight to OKC. They need to make those easy layups they missed last game. They can get in the paint. They should have their legs and confidence with the home crowd. We need our bench to step up again and rebounding needs to get better.

I agree. It's very difficult to beat a team 3 times in a row...don't know those odds but would bet it's very low.
The layups.......man, when Shane can't lay one up in the 1st quarter of a game, you knew it was going to be bad.
Hollins needs to use his TO's as snakeyes said. ARE YOU LISTENNING LIONEL ???

mzgrizz
05-13-2011, 05:53 PM
On the way to the game now. Will try again to post from there but it's sketchy.
GO GRIZZLIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snakeyestx
05-13-2011, 09:45 PM

-1st quarter : Mission Accomplished
-2nd Q : I've seen that buzzer beater 3 probably 2 or 3 dozen times here in Houston, great finish, needed more action throughout the quarter though
-3rd Q : almost a non-factor, too many other positives elsewhere
-4th Q : Diving catch at 2:50 ... huge to keep the momentum going... great D on Mr. Potato Head Durant :p

-1st Quarter : Taking Durant out in 4 minutes was right on queue.
-2nd Q : Gotta do something about Westbrook, he's just having his way
-3rd Q : Nice work on Ibaka
-4th Q : What incredible footwork and touch

-1st Quarter : Mayo's got some touch tonight... keep it up and try Arthur's hand
-2nd Q : Need more production, this quarter seemed to be very faltering, the crowd sounds nervous, that can't happen. A quiet home crowd is a death song to a team trying to fight to a win
-3rd Q : Yes... Arthur has awakened here in the 3rd.
-4th Q : The bench in general have done their jobs tonight very well

-1st Quarter : So far so good, the scoop towards the end seemed a little desparate
-2nd Q : Need more, more attacks in the paint, the more fouls you draw, the more their starters sit, and the more they get nervous defending you
-3rd Q : Jaysus! It's obvious when Randolph wants the ball, don't ignore that demand
-4th Q : A lot of inside-out this quarter, but it paid massive dividends

-1st Quarter : This still needs to happen... he seems like a slow starter though, maybe he'll rev up later in
-2nd Q : MORE... Wake up Marc, you're sporadic at best this quarter... they need you to step it up
-3rd Q : Cool and consistant, lots of boards, a few points, good balance
-4th Q : Too many other positive factors, mainly the Z-bo show in the 4th.

* B - E ... Aggressive
-1st Quarter : HA! You're damn right they were. Double-T's might have been excessive. Ibaka's definitely looking to box tonight.
-2nd Q : Was it a lack of endurance, or a lack of energy... very polar opposite of the 1st quarter performance
-3rd Q : It's incredibly obvious... the Grizzlies are a Smashmouth style team. This is a physical series, it plays to your strengths... it pisses of your competition, the 2nd set of double-T's shows that, but OKC couldn't keep their cool, which is why you're ahead this Q.
-4th Q : Absolutely love how they haven't backed down at all this entire 2nd half

-1st Quarter : Two turnover/fastbreak plays... seems minimal compared to the Thunder's 8 turnovers.
-2nd Q : Wouldn't really call it a meltdown, but Westbrook had a field day...
-3rd Q : None... well done, repeat in the 4th
-4th Q : Durant shut down, OKC offensively numb, fantastic D

-1st Quarter : Took the time out at the perfect time, calmed them down, got it handled.
-2nd Q : It got kinda quiet... there's a nervous mumbling in the crowd. The buzzer 3 woke them up, gotta take that energy into the 2nd half and keep it. Wear yourselves out tonight, you'll have a couple days to rest up.
-3rd Q : A lot more will and a lot more effort, well said Lionel. The crowd is back in this game as well.
-4th Q : Not a dull moment this Q

-This was mainly fluff, but reflected how much needed to be done

-1st Quarter : Well, got caught with two, but against 8 OKC Turnovers... it's alright
-2nd Q : Really poor transition defense, can't really elaborate on it, when one guy can go coast to coast 2 plays in a row and weave through 3 defenders and still get the shot.. what can you say?
-3rd Q : Good containment here
-4th Q : None to note.. causing OKC Turnovers, yep.

-1st Quarter : No one's really cold yet.
-2nd Q : Conley seemed a bit cold, didn't look like he was on the floor long though.
-3rd Q : Conley's making up for slow shooting with drawing fouls and lots of assists, worth keeping in there
-4th Q : No one really cold, everyone seemed to be effective on both ends, offensive boards were a HUGE key here

Ninja edits in the quotes by quarter.
So far so good

Post Game Comment : We have a retired Houston Rocket here, Matt Bullard, and he does color commentary for our local games. He has this goofy one-liner about "Well, if you win all 4 quarters, you've got a 99.9% chance of winning the game." (well duh! right?) ... Grizz won the 1st, 3rd, and 4th... 75% chance of winning. The 2nd wasn't a blowout against them, a good test, but definitely not a blowout. That alone kept them in contention and I suspect one of two things here :

A. Lionel Hollins reads this forum and read this post (or)
B. mrgrizz *is* Lionel Hollins or one of the Assistant coaches who read this thread at halftime

(anyone who paid attention to my edit time stamp, I started typing the 4th quarter and post game comments at 2:50 in the 4th... I was *that* sure it was in the bag at that point. What a fantastic win!)

NBA_Starter
05-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Go Grizzlies

NBA_Starter
05-13-2011, 11:07 PM
We got to pull it out mzgrizz!:cool:

12evolution 9
05-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Nice defense Grizzlies... just 1:30 left keep it up

12evolution 9
05-13-2011, 11:34 PM
bull ****

12evolution 9
05-13-2011, 11:36 PM
lol at the guy blocking the time game 7 starts lol

NBA_Starter
05-13-2011, 11:38 PM
mzgrizz :clap:

J.Twiggy
05-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Game 7 should be epic to an epic series.

MrfadeawayJB
05-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Game 7... Lets bring the same grit, grind, and heart we displayed tonight. Hopefully the refs call this one fair and let the players decide the game. (not saying it hasnt been called fair so far, but in game 7 homecourt advantage should be for crowd, not refs)

Avenged
05-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Get em in game 7!

Imagine an 8th seeding making the WCF? :D

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 01:05 AM
[QUOTE=Snakeyestx;17885969]Ninja edits in the quotes by quarter.
So far so good

Post Game Comment : We have a retired Houston Rocket here, Matt Bullard, and he does color commentary for our local games. He has this goofy one-liner about "Well, if you win all 4 quarters, you've got a 99.9% chance of winning the game." (well duh! right?) ... Grizz won the 1st, 3rd, and 4th... 75% chance of winning. The 2nd wasn't a blowout against them, a good test, but definitely not a blowout. That alone kept them in contention and I suspect one of two things here :

B. mrgrizz *is* Lionel Hollins or one of the Assistant coaches who read this thread at halftime
(anyone who paid attention to my edit time stamp, I started typing the 4thquarter and post game comments at 2:50 in the 4th... I was *that* sure itwas in the bag at that point. What a fantastic win!)[/QUOT

I assure you that I am NOT Lionel Hollins!

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Get em in game 7!

Imagine an 8th seeding making the WCF? :D

Wouldn't that be mind blowing???

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 01:08 AM
mzgrizz :clap:

Yay Starter!!!! It was such a great game!!! Playoffs are a lot mor fun when you win!!! :D

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 01:16 AM
[QUOTE=Snakeyestx;17885969]Ninja edits in the quotes by quarter.
So far so good

B. mrgrizz *is* Lionel Hollins or one of the Assistant coaches who read thisthread at halftime
(anyone who paid attention to my edit time stamp, I started typing the 4thquarter and post game comments at 2:50 in the 4th... I was *that* sure
itwas in the bag at that point. What a fantastic win!)[/QUOT

Snakeyes. I am MZgrizz.... Get it?

I assure you that I am NOT Lionel Hollins!

Snakeyestx
05-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Oh wow.. I *just* noticed mz not mrgrizz :p

J.Twiggy
05-14-2011, 01:27 AM
One more battle to settle this war between these 2 teams anything can happen in game 7 boys it's a wild card.

ohreally
05-14-2011, 02:45 AM
You guys have a great team and game 7 is going to be a war. If Conley can have a good shooting game I think you'll take this. I know Mayo has been erratic for you guys but he's growing on me, and he actually plays pretty good defense. Nice team.

If I were you guys I would definitely listen to offers for both Mayo and Gay before just deciding to send Mayo off. Mayo and the pieces you get for Gay might be much better for you than Gay and the pieces you would get for Mayo at this point.

GREAT GAME though. Z-Bo was spectacular in crunch time, again. Congratulations!

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 09:40 AM
One more battle to settle this war between these 2 teams anything can happen in game 7 boys it's a wild card.

Hope they give the line to Thunder. We always play better with a chip on our shoulder!!!!

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Oh wow.. I *just* noticed mz not mrgrizz :p

Hahahaha! 99% of the guys have read past the first z !!

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 09:47 AM
You guys have a great team and game 7 is going to be a war. If Conley can have a good shooting game I think you'll take this. I know Mayo has been erratic for you guys but he's growing on me, and he actually plays pretty good defense. Nice team.

If I were you guys I would definitely listen to offers for both Mayo and Gay before just deciding to send Mayo off. Mayo and the pieces you get for Gay might be much better for you than Gay and the pieces you would get for Mayo at this point.

GREAT GAME though. Z-Bo was spectacular in crunch time, again. Congratulations!

Since the NBA is a business, I feel they will explore all options. I would rather keep a healthy Rudy and I think we exercised an extension with OJ for this year but I'm not sure. Great place to be right now!!

CeeDub15
05-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Had to be an amazing game to go watch. Hopefully you guys win in game 7.

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Had to be an amazing game to go watch. Hopefully you guys win in game 7.

THANKS !!!! It was AMAZING

mzgrizz
05-14-2011, 12:51 PM
lol at the guy blocking the time game 7 starts lol

Thanks for your support! Stick with us a while longerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr