PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Sportscaster, 39yr old Hawks die in Atlanta Hotel.

dnewguy
05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
A 38-year-old TV sports anchor from Chicago was found dead Thursday morning in his Atlanta hotel room, where he was staying while covering the Chicago Bulls-Atlanta Hawks NBA playoff series.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=6535522

I find it ironic that his name is Hawks and he died while on a trip to cover the Hawks game.

D Roses Bulls
05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
that's sad.

Lil Half Dead
05-12-2011, 07:15 PM
Well, this one's for you Daryl!

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 07:16 PM
R.i.p.

Jonnyiscool222
05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Damn ..... R.I.P

John Walls Era
05-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Symbolism perhaps.

RIP.

Slimsim
05-12-2011, 07:45 PM
ANother Death

dnewguy
05-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Kinda wierd, I must have heard about atleast 10 young people that died in this past week.........heart failures and things like that, I think the food we eat needs to be investigated. Fat people don't die young in Africa, there must be a reason fat people die so young in America.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 07:51 PM
how did he die :confused:

thats sad man. rip homie.

Raph12
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
I think he caught the score on the Heat-Celts game... Just kidding, RIP.

njolakoski
05-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Kinda wierd, I must have heard about atleast 10 young people that died in this past week.........heart failures and things like that, I think the food we eat needs to be investigated. Fat people don't die young in Africa, there must be a reason fat people die so young in America.There is a reason for that. USA consumes the most processed food in the world, and with all kinds of chemical additives added in, and how do we combat the horrible side effects of these processed foods? With harsh pharmaceuticals.

redsox0717
05-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I find it ironic that his name is Hawks and he died while on a trip to cover the Hawks game.

Was that necessary? The guy died and you make a stupid joke?

tbone2171
05-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Cocaine's a hell of a drug

dnewguy
05-12-2011, 08:09 PM

You do understand that irony is not a "joke" right?

Yankees Suck
05-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Maybe he deals with grief in a different way from yourself?

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Sad.

R.I.P., Daryl Hawks.

Iggz53
05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Some incredibly stupid comments in this thread. Incredibly stupid.

R.I.P.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 12:31 AM
Maybe he deals with grief in a different way from yourself?

exactly, there's nothing wrong with joking about death or cracking jokes during morbid/tense situations.

as long as you don't offend grieving family members and friends or anything

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 12:35 AM
exactly, there's nothing wrong with joking about death or cracking jokes during morbid/tense situations.

Sure, if you have antisocial personality disorder.

Show some ****ing respect.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Look, people react differently to those kinds of situations, there's no one right way to react and its crazy to tell people how they should feel or how they should act.

I'm all for laughing at death. Laugh while you can because soon enough you will be dead

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Look, people react differently to those kinds of situations, there's no one right way to react and its crazy to tell people how they should feel or how they should act.

I'm all for laughing at death. Laugh while you can because soon enough you will be dead

Great, may as well have no etiquette for anything then. Joke about breast cancer, as long as no one you're talking to has a family history. Joke about the funny ways our soldiers died overseas, as long as you're not talking to any of their specific family members.

If you're all for laughing at people dying, especially right when it happens, there is absolutely something wrong with you. That or you're too young to understand how to act properly. Sorry but that's a fact.

MJ-BULLS
05-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Some incredibly stupid comments in this thread. Incredibly stupid.

R.I.P.

I Know. :pity:

Lets give the man some respect please. RIP.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 12:46 AM
You're being sarcastic but I think you're right. Comedy has no boundaries. There are dead baby jokes. There are rape jokes. Comedy means pushing the envelope.

Here's a joke for you, why did the little girl fall off the swing?

because she had no arms.

Terrible, right?

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 12:48 AM
You're being sarcastic but I think you're right. Comedy has no boundaries. There are dead baby jokes. There are rape jokes. Comedy means pushing the envelope.

Here's a joke for you, why did the little girl fall off the swing?

because she had no arms.

Terrible, right?

This thread is about an ACTUAL PERSON. One who tragically died today. There is literally nothing about that which justifies cracking jokes.

BKdoubleStacker
05-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Kinda wierd, I must have heard about atleast 10 young people that died in this past week.........heart failures and things like that, I think the food we eat needs to be investigated. Fat people don't die young in Africa, there must be a reason fat people die so young in America.

uhhh they have, its not a myth. Junk food is cheap as hell to produce (corn) Real food is expensive as ****. Fat people die everywhere.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 12:50 AM
We're obviously not going to agree. None of us knew this person, there's nothing wrong with laughing at the absurdity of death.

Laughing in the face of death is a defense mechanism any way, it masks our discomfort with it and it masks our fear of it.

DeyAce
05-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Very sad. R.I.P.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 12:51 AM
We're obviously not going to agree. None of us knew this person, there's nothing wrong with laughing at the absurdity of death.

Laughing in the face of death is a defense mechanism any way, it masks our discomfort with it and it masks our fear of it.

You can do whatever you want if you're dealing with something. But publicly laughing at someone else dying for no reason isn't acceptable, whether you agree with it or not.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 12:53 AM
did you laugh when you found out David Carradine had died of auto-erotic asphyxiation?

Avenged
05-13-2011, 12:54 AM

Ugh. And you're actually serious..

DaBear
05-13-2011, 12:56 AM
ANother Death

Real New York class right there. :clap:

RZZZA
:shrug; I am serious, I don't believe there's one correct way to act when hearing somebody died.

I won't let society pressure me into acting like every body else in such situations.

Iggz53
did you laugh when you found out David Carradine had died of auto-erotic asphyxiation?

No. And notice how I said "for no reason." And especially not right after it happens, that's one of the most classless things imaginable. Again, laughing at others dying is like saying you have literally no care at all for others and possibly an incapacity to grasp human emotion.

DaBear
R.I.P. This one was for you, Daryl.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 12:58 AM
:shrug; I am serious, I don't believe there's one correct way to act when hearing somebody died.

I won't let society pressure me into acting like every body else in such situations.

Yeah you show them. Might as well **** on their grave while you're at it. Who cares if it's not "socially acceptable". What you're talking about isn't going against conformity, it's flat-out disrespect. Really not that hard to understand the difference.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 12:59 AM
No. And notice how I said "for no reason." And especially not right after it happens, that's one of the most classless things imaginable. Again, laughing at others dying is like saying you have literally no care at all for others and possibly an incapacity to grasp human emotion.

You don't laugh AT the person who died, like "HAHAHA, he died, that's hilarious"

But I see nothing wrong with cracking jokes in morbid situations. The only reason you care is because you think there's only one correct way to react, when that's just not true.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 01:08 AM
You don't laugh AT the person who died, like "HAHAHA, he died, that's hilarious"

But I see nothing wrong with cracking jokes in morbid situations. The only reason you care is because you think there's only one correct way to react, when that's just not true.

Great, that has nothing to do with this thread. There have been a few inappropriate comments and you defended them. Oh, and the reason I care is because I'm a person who actually understands the concept of respect (like when a person dies), something it seems you have absolutely no definition for. But go ahead and act whatever way you want, considering you have no ability to understand the difference between having different personalities and acting like an asshat. I'm done here.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 01:10 AM
jeez, you really seem to be personally affected by this death. Did you know the guy or something? You're acting like your best friend died.

I didn't want to say this but...U seem real maaaad. All these kids nowadays disrespecting the quiet sanctity of death, right? acting all willy nilly refusing to be somber and dejected. the nerve of some people.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 01:13 AM
jeez, you really seem to be personally affected by this death. Did you know the guy or something? You're acting like your best friend died.

I didn't want to say this but...U seem real maaaad. All these kids nowadays disrespecting the quiet sanctity of death, right? acting all willy nilly refusing to be somber and dejected. the nerve of some people.

What do kids have to do with anything? Even kids know joking about someone that just died is idiotic.

Oh, and I get mad at people's stupidity more than anything. So I guess that's why I'm real maaaad

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 01:16 AM
There's no limits to comedy bro, none. There's jokes about aborted baby fetuses and rape, why would death be off limits?

You are not the emotion police, you don't get to dictate how people should feel and act, I'm sorry.

DaBear
05-13-2011, 01:23 AM
I can understand people making fun of Bin Laden's death, but c'mon this guy was a huge fan of his team and didn't harm anyone. Yet people are in hear making fun of him. People like you are the reason why America is getting behind.

chitownbears89
05-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Man this guy was funny. Used to watch him all the time on sports sunday. RIP Daryll you where the man.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 01:34 AM
There's no limits to comedy bro, none. There's jokes about aborted baby fetuses and rape, why would death be off limits?

You are not the emotion police, you don't get to dictate how people should feel and act, I'm sorry.

You think I give a **** about how you feel? Serial killers, pedophiles, etc. feel what they feel. And it's never a problem until they do something.

I never said joking about death in general isn't right, you are just trying to digress hoping to save yourself from looking bad. You don't make a joke about a specific person who just died and the last time I said that I put it in quotes so stop playing dumb and trying to change course.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 01:38 AM
You don't make a joke about a specific person who just died

I disagree, you can make a joke about anything.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 01:38 AM
I can understand people making fun of Bin Laden's death, but c'mon this guy was a huge fan of his team and didn't harm anyone. Yet people are in hear making fun of him. People like you are the reason why America is getting behind.

Exactly. Like I said before, bin Laden has every right to get **** on after he died. He was a piece of crap and a murderer. But here, a guy did nothing wrong, died prematurely and people are cracking jokes, and this guy here is trying to make himself seem like some new age rebel :pity:. Really pathetic.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 01:41 AM
I don't know why you're so mad, you remind me of an old guy who is outraged by "kids today" and their lack of respect and propriety. You're very rigid in your way of thinking.

Why do you need everybody to say just the right thing and express just the right emotions in this thread? Are you a control freak?

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 01:42 AM
I disagree, you can make a joke about anything.

Great, disagree. But that says you have absolutely no consideration for others. And that's indisputable because whether you agree with it or not, many people get offended and disgusted by that, and they don't have to be that person's family member. They only have to be a member of the human race.

So like I said, go ahead and do whatever you want but you're making yourself look like an idiot to a lot of people. And I can predict that you're going to say "well I don't care what others think," which exactly my original point (2nd sentence). Have a good day.

Iggz53
05-13-2011, 01:44 AM
I don't know why you're so mad, you remind me of an old guy who is outraged by "kids today" and their lack of respect and propriety. You're very rigid in your way of thinking.

Why do you need everybody to say just the right thing and express just the right emotions in this thread? Are you a control freak?

Here you go again trying to digress and make this into difference in personality. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.

RZZZA
05-13-2011, 01:44 AM
It's ridiculous that you get offended and disgusted because people aren't reacting exactly how you want them to react.

There's no reason to get upset.

D Roses Bulls
05-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Cocaine's a hell of a drug

you are a disgrace