PDA

View Full Version : How Good Are You When Not 3Peating is Considered Panic Time?

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Im seeing all this gloom and doom talk like the Lakers are finished, Kobe can't cut it anymore, they need drastic changes, blow the team up....blah blah blah. Even Doc acknowledged it last night as ridiculous.

Do people seriously understand what they were playing for? Do they understand that there hasn't been a team in over 20 years that got to the finals 4 times straight for a reason?

Kobe made a good point that as good as Magic's Lakers were they never three peated and they didn't blow that team up. The core stayed in place, competed for a decade, pretty much til they retired.

Now how they went out was disappointing but can we get just a lil perspective on the big picture here? Realistically with marginal, MARGINAL changes they can still be contenders for the next 3 years....

John Walls Era
05-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Its not just that.. its that they got destroyed by the Mavs.

Crackadalic
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Its the same team that won it twice. Their not even that old. Get a bench upgrade the pg position and stop doing tv shows and their back in business next year

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 05:43 PM
not good enough to 3peat i guess ?

ManRam
05-12-2011, 05:45 PM
They are the most spoiled fans in the league right now, and that's a compliment. The expectations are always so high, as they should be. No other fan base gets so worked up over a regular season loss as Laker fans...because they don't lose so many.

It does say a lot. Laker fans have it pretty good, and as long as they are the "Los Angeles Lakers" they'll continue to have it pretty good.

Uncle Chuck
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Im not sure I'd cite Doc's line of thinking here. He still Thinks the Celts have a chance in 2012.

I believe that if the Lakers can get a solid athletic point guard, they might still be able to contend for a title for another few seasons. Im just not sure how easy that will be for them.

llemon
05-12-2011, 05:51 PM
When your next season would seem that it is going to be worse than this season.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 05:51 PM

this

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Its the same team that won it twice. Their not even that old. Get a bench upgrade the pg position and stop doing tv shows and their back in business next year

Foreal like those are the things that would make a huge difference. Everyone knows Fish has had no business starting for about two years now. Phil and Kobe trust him but he can do exactly the same thing coming off the bench.

Add to that their two rookies were actually very solid but Phil of course was notorious for not developing rooks. Throw those guys in the mix and your bench athleticism automatically increases.

Supreme LA
05-12-2011, 05:53 PM

^That's exactly what it is. The Lakers were not themselves this postseason and it was going to show at some point even if they didn't get swept by the Mavs.

As a fan, I kind of saw it coming this year, but I still had faith in the team and I will continue to support them. Maybe it was the over 400 games they played the last 4 seasons because it was obvious they had nothing left physically, mentally, or emotionally to compete at that level. While I don't agree with blowing the team, as they are just as capable next time to make a strong push to contend, they just should have never taken things for granted. I hope this is a strong lesson learned that will stick with and motivate them for the remainder of their careers.

I really hope a long offseason allowing them to recharge and regroup and find what got them there to begin with is going to bring success next time around.

Crackadalic
05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Foreal like those are the things that would make a huge difference. Everyone knows Fish has had no business starting for about two years now. Phil and Kobe trust him but he can do exactly the same thing coming off the bench.

Add to that their two rookies were actually very solid but Phil of course was notorious for not developing rooks. Throw those guys in the mix and your bench athleticism automatically increases.

I wanted Phil to play Ebanks and Character more. There raw but there hungry man. Plus they have the athleticism they need.

uchiha
05-12-2011, 06:04 PM
it's the way they lost... stop fooling yourself

kobebabe
05-12-2011, 06:06 PM
I wanted Phil to play Ebanks and Character more. There raw but there hungry man. Plus they have the athleticism they need.

this

Ripper Gein
05-12-2011, 06:09 PM
Well when your "THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY"!! your held to a higher standard than the rest of the mortal NBA teams.

KingPosey
05-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Im seeing all this gloom and doom talk like the Lakers are finished, Kobe can't cut it anymore, they need drastic changes, blow the team up....blah blah blah. Even Doc acknowledged it last night as ridiculous.

Do people seriously understand what they were playing for? Do they understand that there hasn't been a team in over 20 years that got to the finals 4 times straight for a reason?

Kobe made a good point that as good as Magic's Lakers were they never three peated and they didn't blow that team up. The core stayed in place, competed for a decade, pretty much til they retired.

Now how they went out was disappointing but can we get just a lil perspective on the big picture here? Realistically with marginal, MARGINAL changes they can still be contenders for the next 3 years....

ya that reason was that Jordan retired 2 times.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Well when your "THE GREATEST FRANCHISE IN SPORTS HISTORY"!! your held to a higher standard than the rest of the mortal NBA teams.

I thought that goes to the Yankees?

GspLAL
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM
They are the most spoiled fans in the league right now, and that's a compliment. The expectations are always so high, as they should be. No other fan base gets so worked up over a regular season loss as Laker fans...because they don't lose so many.

It does say a lot. Laker fans have it pretty good, and as long as they are the "Los Angeles Lakers" they'll continue to have it pretty good.

The organization is the same exact way, their expectations are always high, why shouldn't ours be also?

Atticus Finch
05-12-2011, 06:14 PM
^That's exactly what it is. The Lakers were not themselves this postseason and it was going to show at some point even if they didn't get swept by the Mavs.

As a fan, I kind of saw it coming this year, but I still had faith in the team and I will continue to support them. Maybe it was the over 400 games they played the last 4 seasons because it was obvious they had nothing left physically, mentally, or emotionally to compete at that level. While I don't agree with blowing the team, as they are just as capable next time to make a strong push to contend, they just should have never taken things for granted. I hope this is a strong lesson learned that will stick with and motivate them for the remainder of their careers.

I really hope a long offseason allowing them to recharge and regroup and find what got them there to begin with is going to bring success next time around.

I don't know man, if it brought us another championship I'd have to think long and hard about this one :speechless:

Supreme LA
05-12-2011, 06:16 PM

And the way they lost in 08' Finals?? And the 04' Finals vs Detroit?? Very similar wouldn't you say?? :facepalm: When the Lakers bow out of the playoffs they do it in a very dramatic way, basically fully giving up.

It doesn't mean the team needs to be blown up. Everybody is just praying that the Lakers starting group will be done because they don't want them to come back with a fury and win the title again like they did the last 2 years.

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 06:16 PM

Yeah when I saw them in the summer league Im like wow these dudes got game. Ebanks is like Ariza's long lost brother or something and Character is a big body they need down low off the bench.

Hopefully the new coach will take a hard look at them because that can make a big difference. Look at what Teague is doing with his chance over there in ATL, that kid can play he's just been burried on the bench.

Supreme LA
05-12-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't know man, if it brought us another championship I'd have to think long and hard about this one :speechless:

How would blowing the team up bring us closer to a championship?? I don't get that so please explain. If anything, it would make it a lot harder to bring in some new players and start from scratch as far as chemistry and experience. Let the group recharge and they will be back strong next season.

Raph12
05-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Not as good as the Mavericks apparently :laugh: sorry had to do it ;)

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 06:21 PM
How would blowing the team up bring us closer to a championship?? I don't get that so please explain. If anything, it would make it a lot harder to bring in some new players and start from scratch as far as chemistry and experience. Let the group recharge and they will be back strong next season.

I think he was getting at the double entendre that resulted from omitting "up" in the sentence (i.e., instead of "blowing up the team," the sentence said "blowing the team," where "blowing" = give head to).

I think you might have missed the joke, bud.

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 06:24 PM

i enjoy your use of the word "their" ;)

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 06:26 PM

im sorry, but since when are the lakers the "greatest in sports history" :laugh: nice try :clap:

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I think that the extra motivation that they are supposed to be "finished" will actually work in their favor. I'd also go out on a limb and say the fact that Kobe is supposed to somehow supposed to be on his last leg and incapable of leading the team anymore might bring out a special season from a guy with a healthy knee as well......

Crackadalic
05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
i enjoy your use of the word "their" ;)

"There":cool:

I had this problem is elementary school. i know the rules to use it but I always seem to forget when I write it :p

RaiderLakersA's
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
With the Lakers, both the successes and the failures tend to be EPIC. Love that about this franchise.

Hopefully next year the team comes back healthier, hungrier and fully recharged.

Raph12
05-12-2011, 06:38 PM
"There":cool:

I had this problem is elementary school. i know the rules to use it but I always seem to forget when I write it :p

Actually it's "they're" lol

#justsaying

SportsFanatic10
05-12-2011, 06:43 PM
maybe how good WERE you? is a better question. the lakers didn't show up in many of the bigger games this year except for the dallas games in the regular season. its not that they lost in the playoffs its how they lost and it wasn't pretty.

Atticus Finch
05-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I think he was getting at the double entendre that resulted from omitting "up" in the sentence (i.e., instead of "blowing up the team," the sentence said "blowing the team," where "blowing" = give head to).

I think you might have missed the joke, bud.

I guess it wasn't that good of a joke

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 06:47 PM

i agree,

optina a)
the lakers have alot of peices they can trade while still keeping kobe gasol & odem.

barnes
artest
brown
bynam

these guys will all draw interest in trades.

option b)
Im not the fist to say this obviously but a bynam and gasol trade to the magic for howard instantly puts them back as one of the favourites to win it all again...

brown
kobe
artest
odem
howard

barnes 6th man.

thats legit.

SportsFanatic10
05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
yeah the lakers are still damn good as is and can still be very competitive for a couple more years. but if they can get an improvement at pg and replace phil with a good coach they'll be scary instead of just competitive again.

The Final Boss
05-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Haters gonna hate. The Lakers for the rest of my life will play in 4-7 'ships a decade. The only thing guaranteed in life are death, taxes, Laker Haters, and the Lakers putting up banners (almost at will).

Lloyd Christmas
05-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Haters gonna hate. The Lakers for the rest of my life will play in 4-7 'ships a decade. The only thing guaranteed in life are death, taxes, Laker Haters, and the Lakers putting up banners (almost at will).

Well you should when you outspend every other team in the NBA. Their payroll is 20 million more then the Heat's payroll. They are the Yankees of the NBA which in turn brings "haters". People love to root for the underdog.

But Dallas' payroll isn't far behind them.

ManRam
05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
The organization is the same exact way, their expectations are always high, why shouldn't ours be also?

I'm not insinuating that you should have high expectations at all.

Sadds The Gr8
05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
not as good as the Mavs.

Jewelz0376
05-12-2011, 07:43 PM
The only major change I'm really hoping happens is that they get D12...and even if the Lakers 3peated I still would've wanted them to go after D12...

Even if LA didn't get D12...If the Lakers just improved their bench and replaced Fish with a quality starting pg I would satisfied with the off season...

I don't think the Lakers need a major overhaul...but I wouldn't say it's as little as minor tweaks..I'd say its somewhere in between...

tbone2171
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
The Lakers of '08-'09 & '09-'10 were probably the worst teams to win back to back championships ever. Match these guys up against any other team that won 2 in a row and I'm pretty sure they'd get destroyed.

tbone2171
05-12-2011, 08:17 PM

Lol how is it possible to be a fan of UCLA basketball and then USC football? Can you say bandwagon..

Yankees Suck
05-12-2011, 08:30 PM
The Lakers just can't get it done.

Sixerlover
05-12-2011, 08:32 PM
It wasn't the fact they didn't 3 peat it was the fact they got SWEPT. With some of those games not being close. That's a panic time factor for an aging team.

Hustlenomics
05-12-2011, 08:33 PM
it's not the fact they didn't three peat it's the fact that they got SWEPT and lost by nearly 40 points in a close out game

CowboysKB24
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah the Lakers aren't done, but they need to get a better bench and new point guard. Getting rid of Artest wouldn't be a bad idea either. Pau needs to play better. He was the biggest reason for their sweep. He averaged 12 pts and 7rebounds? Lakers aren't going far without Pau putting up his usually 18-20pts 10 rebounds a game. Kobe wasn't all there either.

CowboysKB24
05-12-2011, 08:37 PM
The Lakers of '08-'09 & '09-'10 were probably the worst teams to win back to back championships ever. Match these guys up against any other team that won 2 in a row and I'm pretty sure they'd get destroyed.

You're joking right? You didn't see the series against the Celtics? That was one of the most competitive series of all time. It is not Kobe's fault LBJ couldn't even get to the finals to satisfy all you morons. Celtics and Lakers series was one of the greatest series in sports history. It is was awesome. Any fan of basketball should enjoy that.

Sadds The Gr8
05-12-2011, 08:38 PM
lol how is it possible to be a fan of ucla basketball and then usc football? Can you say bandwagon..

+1

drobe86
05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Awww.... Another Lakers feel good thread lol.... They got swept by my Mavs and lost by 40 in the game that decided the series. It's over guys that window was slammed shut...

Baller1
05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
It's how they "didn't 3peat", not that they didn't 3peat.

Baller1
05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Everyone else has already said what I have, my bad.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2011, 09:22 PM
welcome to teams that consider their season a failure if they don't win a title (Yankees?). Whatever. I am simply glad the Lakers have to watch the rest of the playoffs on their television

Supreme LA
05-12-2011, 09:27 PM

You sound like a moron. I'm sure any player and team in the NBA wouldn't mind being the "worst back to back champion" ever. :facepalm:

Supreme LA
05-12-2011, 09:28 PM
Awww.... Another Lakers feel good thread lol.... They got swept by my Mavs and lost by 40 in the game that decided the series. It's over guys that window was slammed shut...

Just like it was slammed shut when they lost by 40 in the 08' Finals??? :facepalm:

Supreme LA
05-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Anybody who thinks that the Lakers should blow up the team and rebuild just doesn't want the Lakers to be competitive if we have a next season. I'm sure nobody in here can argue that they wouldn't be able to recharge this offseason and contend next time around.

BigCityofDreams
05-12-2011, 10:13 PM

SMH @ ppl who actually think that

Wilson
05-12-2011, 10:15 PM
I think we're fine too. I keep on saying in the Laker forum that to be absolutely exhausted after three straight NBA Finals appearances is to be expected. It's happened time after time after time throughout NBA history.

I do think a slight change in style of play is needed - Kobe is slowing down, but I think we can counter that by going to the pick and roll more with Kobe facilitating, Pau and Andrew are good rolling to the basket and Kobe is a good enough passer to make it work.

I think we just need to move Steve Blake into the starting line-up and find some youth for SF and back-up SG, and we're set. I would love Arron Afflalo but I think he's un-attainable for us, unfortunately.

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 01:06 AM
welcome to teams that consider their season a failure if they don't win a title (Yankees?). Whatever. I am simply glad the Lakers have to watch the rest of the playoffs on their television

^ this is like the definition of being a hater lol..

the lakers will be a contender as long as dr.buss is the owner, we got swept but not as bad as people think..our second best player gasol was having the worst playoffs that a player of his caliber could possibly have, and games 1 & 3 were basically ours with the mavs not holding a lead in either game untill essentially the final minutes, we also held large leads in those games, game 2 was also not out of reach..game 4 was the only one where we were "dominated".

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 01:08 AM

you obviously didnt watch the last playoff series the lakers lost, back in 08

Baller1
05-13-2011, 01:24 AM

Amen, dude. Amen.

fadedmario
05-13-2011, 01:29 AM
WOW - They are finished. Have fun with the rebuild LA. Quit lying to yourselves.

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 01:33 AM
WOW - They are finished. Have fun with the rebuild LA. Quit lying to yourselves.

going to the last 4 finals is finished? omg so in that case every team that has ever not won an nba title should just rebuild, and if a team did win and didnt the folliowing year theyre finished too.

Baller1
05-13-2011, 01:35 AM
going to the last 4 finals is finished? omg so in that case every team that has ever not won an nba title should just rebuild, and if a team did win and didnt the folliowing year theyre finished too.

You can't take what he said so literally. You have to take age, injury, fatigue, and chemistry into account.

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 01:44 AM
You can't take what he said so literally. You have to take age, injury, fatigue, and chemistry into account.

as should every team, i just think people love to say bad things about the lakers while they can right now..:rolleyes:

Baller1
05-13-2011, 01:46 AM
as should every team, i just think people love to say bad things about the lakers while they can right now..:rolleyes:

Or maybe because they're a team getting up there in age, have been dealing with injuries and fatigue, and dealt with chemistry issues throughout the playoffs.

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Or maybe because they're a team getting up there in age, have been dealing with injuries and fatigue, and dealt with chemistry issues throughout the playoffs.

sure, but i would say they are at an age where most players are still in thier prime, jordan only had 3 rings when he was kobes current age..injuries can mend, and whos to say it was chemistry issues? this team was coached by jackson and had been together for quite some time and won titles with relatively the same guys and was in contention for best overall record this season...the media is the only people making up locker room issues, that has already been dismissed by the players...i just think the mavs had our number this year and a couple of guys were having an off month

fadedmario
05-13-2011, 01:53 AM

I've been a Detroit fan for 32 years - that being said, I've always liked the Lakers. I've watched our teams battle since the glory days in the 80's. Kobe is on the decline and your team payroll is crazy. No disrespect - but the party is over in LA.

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 01:57 AM
I've been a Detroit fan for 32 years - that being said, I've always liked the Lakers. I've watched our teams battle since the glory days in the 80's. Kobe is on the decline and your team payroll is crazy. No disrespect - but the party is over in LA.

while I dont know you, I respect your opinion and I cant wait untill next year so all the people who share your opinion are proved wrong..when it happens I'd like to use one of you guys' opinions in my sig.

plus you should know, with buss as the lakers owner, they are bound to stay contenders

Supreme LA
05-13-2011, 04:54 AM

Injury is a part of the game for every team. The chemistry on the team was fine. The players didn't make the rotations to get out on shooters and man up on pick and roll because they were fatigued. That's what happens when you play over 400 games in 4 seasons.

So maybe you should take that into account and not underestimate what this team will be able to do after they've had some time to recharge physically, emotionally, and mentally.

Even MJ never went to 4 straight Finals. Not trying to compare him and Kobe whatsoever but MJ took a year off to play baseball after winning 3 the first go around and then retired after winning 3 his second time around. The Lakers still have a contending team and they should not blow it up. You're just a hater if you believe that.

king4day
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Has nothing to do with not 3peating. Has everything to do with how bad they looked. On and off the court there are problems.

lakersfan211
05-13-2011, 02:23 PM
ppl continue too talk **** about the Lakers, other fans of teams want them to be done because their afraid of them, WOW

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I thought that goes to the Yankees?

No i was right the first time;)

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:19 PM
im sorry, but since when are the lakers the "greatest in sports history" :laugh: nice try :clap:

Well when you wish the Lakers were YOUR team its easy to dismiss facts:cool:

llemon
05-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Geez, it's the Lakers and former Lakers that are saying bad things about the Lakers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 03:35 PM
No i was right the first time;)

The Lakers aren't even the best franchise in the NBA as well.

lakerfan3118
05-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Has nothing to do with not 3peating. Has everything to do with how bad they looked. On and off the court there are problems.

With all due respect, we are talking about a postseason in which the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics and Magic looked equally mediocre in playoff play despite their traditional success. This leads me to believe that these problems are not limited to the Lakers exclusively but rather say much more about the state of talent in the NBA right now.

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:42 PM
The Lakers are even the best franchise in the NBA as well.

Their not even their ahead:D

lakerfan3118
05-13-2011, 03:43 PM

The team won 57 games last season, and went on a run where they won 16 out of 17...

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Also talk to me when your team has made the NBA Finals every other year since the league has been in existence.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Their not even their ahead:D

Made a typo. The Lakers aren't even with the Celtics. The Celtics are on top. Anyways on topic the Lakers got swept in the second round and lost by thirty something in the final game.

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Made a typo. The Lakers aren't even with the Celtics. The Celtics are on top. Anyways on topic the Lakers got swept in the second round and lost by thirty something in the final game.

Check previous post

Purple&Gold24
05-13-2011, 03:51 PM

Few changes on the bench and we should be good to go buudy.

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I think consistency should be taken into consideration, yes the c's have 1 more championship then the Lakers but the Lakers NEVER have many years when they're irrelavent, you cant say that for the c's.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I think consistency should be taken into consideration, yes the c's have 1 more championship then the Lakers but the Lakers NEVER have many years when they're irrelavent, you cant say that for the c's.

But what is the Lakers record against the Celtics in the Finals?

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 03:59 PM
But what is the Lakers record against the Celtics in the Finals?

What does that have to do with anything? I realize c's fans are terrified at the fact that sooner rather than later the Lakers will surpass you in Championships, so you will grasp at anything but come on homerism to the side you have to give credit where credit is due.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-13-2011, 04:09 PM
What does that have to do with anything? I realize c's fans are terrified at the fact that sooner rather than later the Lakers will surpass you in Championships, so you will grasp at anything but come on homerism to the side you have to give credit where credit is due.

So you are saying if the Celtics and Lakers end up with the same amount of championships and if we were to decide which franchise is better we shouldn't include the head to head record in the Finals:facepalm:. I am also not terrified at the Lakers surpassing us because the Lakers and the Celtics are both looking like they each won't win a championship for another five years at least after watching them both play in the past couple of weeks. But hey, we'll see how these next few years play out and find out for ourselves.

RaiderLakersA's
05-13-2011, 04:20 PM
So you are saying if the Celtics and Lakers end up with the same amount of championships and if we were to decide which franchise is better we shouldn't include the head to head record in the Finals:facepalm:. I am also not terrified at the Lakers surpassing us because the Lakers and the Celtics are both looking like they each won't win a championship for another five years at least after watching them both play in the past couple of weeks. But hey, we'll see how these next few years play out and find out for ourselves.

Take solace in the fact that the Lakers closed the door for you. The last time that the Celtics had a chance to sniff the O'Brien trophy, the Lakers out-gutted the Celtics, out-willed the Celtics, out-Celtics a Celtics squad known for it's ferocity and tenacity. :D

Head to head, there's no denying that the C's have the advantage...at least if you include ancient history before the playing field was balanced and fair. But if you want to look at this in terms of the modern era...wow, no contest.

Or put another way, in the last 5 years, how many titles have the C's won? How many Finals appearances? Check, advantage Lakers.

What about the last 10 years? Check, advantage Lakers.

The last 15? Check, advantage Lakers.

The last 20? Check, advantage Lakers.

The last 25? Check, advantage Lakers.

See what I did there?

All due respect to the greatest rival, the Celtics franchise, but let's not get too big-headed, ok? Your time is up.

ElMarroAfamado
05-13-2011, 04:22 PM
teams cant win a title...even harder back to back (when was the last time?) 99% of the teams in the league wished they were in the position the Lakers were in...

Ripper Gein
05-13-2011, 04:28 PM

Thats exactly what im saying and if you think otherwise your just reaching, but any rational NBA fan can see the Lakers window isnt shut yet Kobe, Pau and Lamar are 31 and 30 and 30, Drew is only 24 so theyll still be competing for ships for a bit more the c's on the other hand........

Lake_Show2416
05-13-2011, 04:39 PM
ya I agree 100%, when we lost I was obviously upset but at the same time i understood what they were attempting wasn't easy

there is no need for panic

king4day
05-13-2011, 05:20 PM
With all due respect, we are talking about a postseason in which the Lakers, Spurs, Celtics and Magic looked equally mediocre in playoff play despite their traditional success. This leads me to believe that these problems are not limited to the Lakers exclusively but rather say much more about the state of talent in the NBA right now.

No doubt. Since the thread just talks LA, that's why I only mentioned them. But yea, Boston, Orlando, and the Spurs all have issues.

Pittz
05-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Even though they got destroyed by the Mavs, two of the games were incredibly winnable. And, even with the embarrassing sweep, in the end it was just four games. It's not unheard of for good teams to lose four games in a row.

nycsports2
05-13-2011, 05:55 PM

life of a yankees/lakers fan... i feel ya bro lol