PDA

View Full Version : Is Europe Looking Forward To An NBA Lock-Out? WOULD YOU WATCH?

JasonJohnHorn
05-12-2011, 04:28 PM
The upcoming CBA have some sitting on the edge of their seats, worried about getting paid, while fans are hoping they dont have to miss any of the upcoming NBA season.

With the trend in recent years of European teams picking up some mid-level NBA talent, and a potential pethora of AMAZING basketball players, who happen to be unemployed, will European teams cash in on this potential market and bring some top tier NBA talent over to Europe for the year?

And if they do, how many of you would tune in to watch LBJ and Kobe, or other all-stars compete for on the European hardwood?

And which players would you like to see play overseas if there is a strike?

Hellcrooner
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
The Gasols have already stated if theres a Full year lock out both will sign for Barcelona.
Dirk has expresed interest in Real Madrid.
KObe is a part owner in Milan , so i guess he woudl play there.
Others woudl follow suit .
It would be kind of an interesting Euroleague year.

with the best part of it being.

What if players once they are there

1 like the competition model (the fact that theres more then 1 thing to be won)
2 Like that their team pays their taxes and gives them a FULL salary +car and house wages.
3 Like that they CONTROL they destiny completely with the teams not being able to retain them against their wil, Chosing wich team to play for, for how long and for how much they want with no limits, with no limits to teams adding talent, etc etc.

I would be worried if i was Nba.

Euro teams dont pay the same salarys because THEY DONT HAVE THE BEST PLAYERS so the interest is not high.

if EURO teams HAD ALL THE BEST PLAYERS interest woudl raise, ticket prices woudl raise and incomes fromTV and SpONSORS woudl raise.
That would create the Money Needed to INDEED pay the same salarys.

As i said, coudl be a concern for stern

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 04:43 PM
^ no way that the european league is going to teal NBA players lol once the NBA settles on a CBA anyone who left will be back

GSRaider
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I love basketball... So yes, I would watch...

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
No I will not watch

king4day
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd watch if what Crooner said comes true.
It'd be pretty cool to see both Gasol's playing together like that. But realistically, I'm only interested if there's a semi invasion where a ton of big names go there to play.

A group of 5 stars should go to a team that has been a terrible team in all it's existence and just join forces there for one season. Win it all and then leave.
You want a story to tell your kids if you're a fan of that team? That'd be one to tell.

sweet-d
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
only if all the best players went to the euroleague. but i'm more worried on what happens after the new cba is put into effect. Because if cuts salaries as much as the league wants to then it's gonna make euroleague salaries more competitive to nba salaries. Which means that nba will lose more players. But if the euro league would also have to allow more than 2 non-EU players on their teams also.

maryohhh
05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Dirk should go back to Würzburg. I live 50 km away from Würzburg. That would be incredible :)

Hellcrooner
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Dirk should go back to Würzburg. I live 50 km away from Würzburg. That would be incredible :)

he seems interested in real or other big name clubs.

If he were to play in Germany i think he woudl only play for ALBA Berlin

pd1dish
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
The upcoming CBA have some sitting on the edge of their seats, worried about getting paid, while fans are hoping they dont have to miss any of the upcoming NBA season.

With the trend in recent years of European teams picking up some mid-level NBA talent, and a potential pethora of AMAZING basketball players, who happen to be unemployed, will European teams cash in on this potential market and bring some top tier NBA talent over to Europe for the year?

And if they do, how many of you would tune in to watch LBJ and Kobe, or other all-stars compete for on the European hardwood?

And which players would you like to see play overseas if there is a strike?

if ESPN or w/e started to televise Euro basketball, I would keep an eye out for the guys that are rumored/definitely going to the NBA. like Ricky Rubio will eventually play in the NBA, so if one of his games were to be televised, id probably watch.

NYKalltheway
05-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Established teams would not want to throw lots of cash for rentals.

So even if Lebron signs for a Turkish team for example(since they got money), it doesn't mean that they will be instant favorites. Game is very different over here. Lebron won't make a huge impact if he signs for a semi-good team but he'd make a difference if he played for Panathinaikos, Barcelona, CSKA etc.

I heard Deron Williams said he'd be fine with that.
Stojakovic and Kirilenko said that they'd go anyway(one to PAO the other to CSKA)

It'd be interesting to see Dirk going to Real Madrid(they have money but they're pretty bad even if they made F4)

It'd be fun to have some parity but I think NBA stars won't sign unless they will go to a top team so that they can win the ultimate trophy which is none other than the Euroleague. I doubt Lebron or Wade signs to Olympiakos where even the Greek league can be lost :p Unless it's just for the money and they underrate what's going on.

If there's a lockout, most teams will look for European players like Dragic, Vujacic, Stojakovic, Milicic, Krstic and players who have played in Europe earlier like Scola, Ginobili etc. But I doubt any serious team would invest large sums for top NBA talent. You'll hear Olympiakos and Fenerbahce and Efes Pilsen throwing money for every NBA star available but even if they go, nothing will happen. And with Olympiakos' current coach, I doubt any American stars will be signed anyway :D

John Walls Era
05-12-2011, 07:09 PM
I already watch a bit. Its actually not that bad. I rather watch Euro games than NCAA (NOT COUNTING MARCH MADNESS).

ManRam
05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd watch if some of them did go over there for sure.

Raph12
05-12-2011, 07:51 PM
If I was Lebron, Wade, Dwight or w/e, I'd get everyone together and sign with one bs team; dominate, win and then comeback to the NBA with a Euro-ring under my belt lol.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 08:04 PM
no. i wouldnt watch at all. its like foot ball i dont watch cuz i dont know any of the players.

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
If I was Lebron, Wade, Dwight or w/e, I'd get everyone together and sign with one bs team; dominate, win and then comeback to the NBA with a Euro-ring under my belt lol.

:laugh: this :clap::clap: