PDA

View Full Version : Isiah Thomas Offered To Sign Rodman To The Knicks

Savage Sunday
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
In more sordid remarks about Thomas, newly minted Hall of Famer Dennis Rodman said his former Detroit teammate offered him a roster spot on the Knicks seven years ago but reneged after Rodman made a raunchy appearance on "The View."

"Isiah can kiss my [butt]," Rodman told Howard Stern.

Rodman said when in New York, he appeared on "The View" and claimed for shock value he jokingly said to his overtalkative hosts, "Guess what, I'm gay as hell and just had sex with this guy . . . The next day [the Knicks] tore up that ticket and said we won't need you."

Link (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/jax_retirement_is_no_sure_thing_Swtj8ELIemgbJSXFSe 3hIN#ixzz1MAcUcgOS)

Keep in mind Rodman was 42 then. :laugh2:

Hangtime
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Isaih was an idiot GM. This only helps to validate that.

Crackadalic
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Why can't this guy just go away. He's a Piston anyway. Leave the knicks alone damn it. Him and Dolan need to break up their boy love soon because its affecting all of us

29$JerZ
05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Isiah sucks.

Everyone knows this.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
oh god. rodman and his comment made me yak twice.

FriedTofuz
05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I would really like to know why Isiah Thomas wanted to sign a 42 year old retired player. I dont know how a old retired player can help a team contend for a championship. Every NBA teams goal should be contending for a NBA championship. Signing a 42 year old retired Hall of famer player, wouldnt enable the knicks to contend.
As bad of a GM Isiah Thomas was, he has my respect for his drafting abilities. He foresaw great talent and made great picks. He drafted talents like Tracy McGrady, Marcus Camby, and Damon stoudemire. He also stated that kevin garnett would have the best career out of the draftees in the 1995 draft. As of this moment, He was right.

John Walls Era
05-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I like Zeke... why does everyone have to hate?

nycsports2
05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Just stay away from the knicks isaih... And i wish dolan would step down and wed get a good owner but i guess you cant fire the owner....