PDA

View Full Version : ALL NBA TEAM: Centers

JasonJohnHorn
05-12-2011, 03:22 PM
The top three centers according to ALL NBA TEAM voting were announced, some guy named Dwight Howard was first. The second two picks are oddities though. Amare was on the second team, despite being listed as a forward all year, and also being listed s a forward for the all-star game. Third; Horford!

I wouldnt personally argue these selections, but I would also concede that there is a strong case for the likes of Noah, Bogut, Chandler, and Bynum, while Marc Gasol and Okafor could be in the conversation to, and the Amare perhaps should have been counted as a forward, opening the door for another center on the list.

Who do you all have as the top three centers?

Baller1
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Best Centers:
2. Bogut
3. Horford

This year's All-NBA teams:
2. Chandler
3. Marc Gasol/Horford

Storch
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
All-NBA first team Centers should be Centers, just like the All-star team. It honestly shows that offense is regarded higher than defense in this league. Defensive Centers that do all the dirty work that don't show up in the stats sheet nor shows up as flashy are really the unsung heroes of this league.

GeekInThePink
05-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Barg's should get some mention.

Baller1
05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
All-NBA first team Centers should be Centers, just like the All-star team. It honestly shows that offense is regarded higher than defense in this league. Defensive Centers that do all the dirty work that don't show up in the stats sheet nor shows up as flashy are really the unsung heroes of this league.

See: Chandler and Bogut

I agree with you completely.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 03:42 PM
dwight
noah
gasol
chandler
bogut

Jetsguy
05-12-2011, 03:42 PM
The top three centers according to ALL NBA TEAM voting were announced, some guy named Dwight Howard was first. The second two picks are oddities though. Amare was on the second team, despite being listed as a forward all year, and also being listed s a forward for the all-star game. Third; Horford!

I wouldnt personally argue these selections, but I would also concede that there is a strong case for the likes of Noah, Bogut, Chandler, and Bynum, while Marc Gasol and Okafor could be in the conversation to, and the Amare perhaps should have been counted as a forward, opening the door for another center on the list.

Who do you all have as the top three centers?

regardless of position none of these guys deserve a spot on an all NBA team IMO and that I think is really all it comes down to. It is the same as it has always been, they are consistant if nothing else.

Hellcrooner
05-12-2011, 03:48 PM
marc gasol played like crap in the regular season.

if I cant make a case for him, it means he had no bussines on the convo.

if we were talking season+ playoffs he could be the second best.

six
05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
See: Chandler and Bogut

I agree with you completely.

I love your sig.

IMO, I think Noah has a good case to be in the conversation for first team.

Wilson
05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
There is already a thread for the all NBA teams (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618910), please use that one.