PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: Eastern Conference Finals Will Be "No Contest"

Pages : [1] 2

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 02:04 PM
That won’t beat the Bulls.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh won’t be enough.

Go ahead, celebrate Miami’s 4-1 elimination of the Boston Celtics, get caught up in the hype.

What we just saw from the Heat won’t beat the Bulls.

James, Wade and Bo — Bosh no longer deserves full credit, since he's discredited the Big Three to the Big 2.5 — can’t win four games against a real elite team. The Heat’s best chance to reach the NBA Finals is to pray Atlanta somehow ousts Chicago. Short of that, I’ll take the Bulls in six games in the Eastern Conference finals.

The Big 2.5 cannot beat a cohesive, healthy eight-man rotation led by Derrick Rose. No way.

The Heat barely knocked off a Celtics team led by a one-armed point guard. Miami needed overtime Monday night and a 10-point, late-game eruption from James on Wednesday night to hold off an injury-riddled and worn Celtics squad.

I don’t blame you for being impressed. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were spectacular throughout the series and phenomenal in the clincher, scoring 33 and 34 points, respectively.

We’ve never seen anything like the pairing of James and Wade. It’s better than Jordan and Pippen.

We’ve also never seen anything like James, Wade and Bo’s supporting cast. Mario Chalmers, Mike Bibby, Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, James Jones, Eddie House, Mike Miller, Zydrunas Ilgauskas and coach Erik Spoelstra might be a nine seed in the NCAA tournament.

They remind me of the inept, skeleton crew of muscle Avon and Slim Charles sent at Marlo, Chris and Snoop in season three of “The Wire.”

The Heat are going to war on a lie. OK, the word lie might be too strong. But it’s a myth the Heat demonstrated anything during the Boston series that revealed Miami as a legitimate title team.

I’ve never once doubted James’ or Wade’s individual or collective brilliance. My problem with the Heat has always been the support, the bench.

Wednesday night, six Heat players not named LeBron, Dwyane or Ch took the court, and they contributed 4-of-21 shooting, 16 points, 10 rebounds and two assists. In Game 4, the non-Big 2.5 contributed 7-of-16 shooting, 15 points, 10 rebounds and three assists.

That’s not going to beat the Bulls. With a healthy Rajon Rondo, the Celtics would’ve eliminated the Heat in the semifinals. Rondo averaged 11 points, 4.4 rebounds, 11 assists and 2.3 steals during the regular season. He pushed the pace on both ends of the court. His twisted, bandaged left elbow rendered him useless the final two games. In Games 4 and 5 combined, he had four rebounds, eight assists and one steal.

Rondo’s ineffectiveness and the closeness of Games 4 and 5 speak to how unimpressive the Heat were in dispatching the Celtics.

James and Wade, impressive. The Heat, not so much. The Heat capitalized on Boston’s injuries — Rondo, Shaq’s calf, Jermaine O’Neal’s back — and old legs.

The Heat won’t have those luxuries against Chicago.

The popular narrative is the Bulls look terrible, particularly on offense, against an IQ-challenged Atlanta squad. I contend the Heat looked worse against a battered and helpless Boston team.

Derrick Rose is going to chew up Bibby and Chalmers. Spoelstra is going to end up putting Wade on Rose and sitting his point guards. And that’s going to put a drain on Wade’s offensive effectiveness and potentially lead to foul trouble.

Fatigue, a lack of playmaking from Rondo and frustration prevented the Celtics from finishing the fourth quarters with any efficiency or consistency. Chicago won’t have that problem.

If the game is close late — and these games will be — Rose, Luol Deng, Kyle Korver and Chicago’s bigs will make the necessary plays at both ends. Ch Bo won’t make a heroic tip-in over Joakim Noah at crunch time. Most important, Rose’s constant penetration is going to force the refs to give Chicago the same calls James and Wade get in the paint. Don’t look for Miami to enjoy a 40-plus free-throw disparity in the Eastern Conference finals.

Oh, and one more thing.

Remember when the New York Jets beat the New England Patriots to advance to the AFC Championship Game? Remember LaDainian Tomlinson crying and the Jets celebrating like they’d just won the Lombardi Trophy?

That’s how the Heat looked after finishing Boston. They turned the Boston series into a personal NBA Finals. They spent too much emotional capital on getting past a broken team. You can go to that emotional well only so many times.

The Jets fell behind Pittsburgh 24-0 before finding their legs in the AFC Championship Game.

Chicago-Miami. Can’t wait!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Chris-Bosh-Miami-Heat-are-no-match-for-Derrick-Rose-Chicago-Bulls-051211

Truth-Teller or Blind Hate-Spewer? Discuss.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I love it!!!

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
This is exactly what Doc Rivers was talking about...Doc just :facepalm: that guy

SteBO
Blinded Hate-spewer, clearly. But I'm not surprised. Whitlock has always been a joke of a journalist, and will continue to be one.

Chacarron
Miami is going to rape. There is no way they lose :rolleyes:

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
This guy is a clown. i wouldn't call a 4-1 series win barely knocking off the Celtics. If he watched, he could see the C's were outmatched from game 1.

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Bulls fail to make it to the next round. Such a lack of respect for the Hawks it's not even funny.

northsider
05-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Great just feed the fire that is the Heat.

theheatles
05-12-2011, 02:12 PM
same guy that has jeff george in his top 3 best qbs of all time....moving along

Master Mind
I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Bulls fail to make it pass the second round. Such a lack of respect for the Hawks it's not even funny.

;)

ManRam
Whitlock is a loon. It won't be a cake-walk, but unless Chicago discovers and offense, they won't win.

EDIT: Wow, he's actually saying Miami is going to get railed, not the other way around.

Probably should have read it first, then again, nothing he writes is worth reading.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
:facepalm:

northsider
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I was praying this article was going to be anti bulls. I feel like if anything that is what our team needs is a **** ton of doubters and nay sayers instead people hate the heat so much they continue to underrate and under appreciate them.

I see the Heat as a clear favorite IMO with the way they are playing compared to how we are playing.

We still have to beat the Hawks and convincing win tonight might make me feel a little bit better but, I am sure it will be another close game decided by who plays hero in the 4th.

DCB/LAL
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Lol sounds like a Bulls homer.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Whitlock is a loon. It won't be a cake-walk, but unless Chicago discovers and offense, they won't win.

EDIT: Wow, he's actually saying Miami is going to get railed, not the other way around.

Probably should have read it first, then again, nothing he writes is worth reading.

Indeed he is: "The Heat’s best chance to reach the NBA Finals is to pray Atlanta somehow ousts Chicago. Short of that, I’ll take the Bulls in six games in the Eastern Conference finals."

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
What was this guys prediction for the heat-celtics series?

LionsFan..LOL
05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
After what Miami did to Boston I can't see why anyone would say any team would completly destory Miami. I'm not saying that the Heat are unbeatable and that Chicago/ATL can't get the job done but the utter disrespect for Miami (on the court) is stupid.

flclfanman
Man, I'm a Bulls fan and even I think a lot of that was blind-hate.

Although he IS right on the bench. I don't care who you start, If your bench cant produce it WILL bite you in the ***.

Once Chi hopefully knocks off ATL, I expect the ECF to be a slugfest;6-7 games decided by single-digits and coaching. That's why I think CHI has the personnel advantage while MIA has the starting talent advantage.

ChicagoRox
Wow that is really extreme, and I am a Bulls fan.

SteBO
05-12-2011, 02:20 PM
You'd never think this guy was a Miami writer. He thinks the BOS-MIA series carries water into the likely, hopefully, MIA-CHI series. The fact that he's doing that has already made this entire article a piece of crap. But whatever, he's the same guy that said we'd lose @CLE in LeBrons' first visit there, that BOS would destroy us, that Bosh should be traded during our 9-8 start this year, etc... soooo....

DoMeFavors
05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Bulls dont stand a chance!
They stuggled with Pacers and now ATL and Miami has cruised through Boston and Philly. Miami will be going to the finals.

nitric
05-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I didn't realize the Bulls advanced to the ECF. This premature BS is disgusting

nitric
05-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Bulls dont stand a chance!
They stuggled with Pacers and now ATL and Miami has cruised through Boston and Philly. Miami will be going to the finals.

Boston struggled against subpar teams as well and won the title. FWIW

CB29
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
tbh i really think chicago is gonna get outmatched... their offense is not that great right now although their defense is... But miami is playing great defense and wade and lebron are on a different level than anyone in the nba right now... i don't see chi (if they advance) taking it...

Lil Half Dead
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I completely anticipated this being a "Heat are going to rape the Bulls" Thread. But I'm a little surprised to see it's the other way around. I'm a Bulls fan, and I'm worried about potentially facing the Heat. If Deng and Boozer leave Rose to do it all, like they've been doing, It's gonna be really hard to beat Miami. But we swept them in the regular season, and we know Luol Deng is one of the only players in the league who effectively slows down LeBron, So if anyone is to beat the Heat, It's always been the Bulls. It's just not going to be easy, get ready for an all out war.

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna laugh my *** off if the Bulls fail to make it to the next round. Such a lack of respect for the Hawks it's not even funny.

+1

and whitlock is correct, it will be no contest only the heat will roll

Time2Dieeee
05-12-2011, 02:32 PM
What was this guys prediction for the heat-celtics series?

prolly a celtic sweep.....

this guy obviously doesnt know wtf hes writing...i mean if u think this is the same heat team that the bulls beat in the regular season than hes greatly mistaken

remember, celtics beat the heat in the regular season 3-1 and guess what...heat won playoff series 4-1....so let the bulls and hawks play and call me when the heat goes to the finals

Hawkeye15
05-12-2011, 02:36 PM
yippee, another thread where Bulls and Heat fans go back and forth with pure speculation....

Finish the Hawks off first Bulls, then you can start in on this.

Fact is, if Chicago doesn't start getting consistent offense from someone outside Rose, who will be facing the best defense he has seen in the playoffs next series should the Bulls advance, the Bulls will not win that series. Rose can't outplay LeBron AND Wade, and right now, that is what would need to happen.

Lisound15
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
lol when i clicked this i expected it to be about the heat smacking whoever they played around.... wow

WadeCounty
This reminds me of a college student just writing anything possible in order to meet the 12a.m deadline to turn in a paper

Southsideheat
It's all about matchups. I don't care what the Bulls did against the Pacers, and i don't care what Miami did against the sixers.

People talk about offense, both of these teams will not fair well in half court sets. Both teams will rely on their defense to create transition points. So who will step it up defensively? You put it that way, it should be a pretty close series regardless on who you think will win.

Cubs Win
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I think the Bulls certainly can beat the Heat, but the Heat can also beat the Bulls. Either way, I see this series going at least 6 games.

AllBall
05-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I didn't realize the Bulls advanced to the ECF. This premature BS is disgusting

Its bad luck I would say....

SteBO
I think the Bulls certainly can beat the Heat, but the Heat can also beat the Bulls. Either way, I see this series going at least 6 games.

Exactly. Whitlock's writing is a joke. Plain and simple.

Jaji
:laugh:

That guy is an idiot! He says LBJ and Wade are great, and Bosh is pretty good but the supporting cast can't beat the Bulls. Uh... it won't just be the supporting cast playing the Bulls, genius. Those 2 great players you mentioned plus that other All Star... they'll be playing too.

C's would have won with a healthy Rondo? Wasn't Rondo healthy in games 1 and 2?

The Bulls are an elite team? The Bulls are the 3rd (and maybe 4th behind ATL) team in the East. They're struggling against the Hawks and he says the Heat "struggled." Uh... the Heat have wrapped up their series. In 5 games. Meanwhile the Bulls are still playing against a team no one in their right mind would consider elite.

Funny article though. I don't know why articles like this still boggle my mind. Some people are just dumb.

Cano4prez
05-12-2011, 02:43 PM

I agree

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
so he predicts Bulls in 6? Sounds about right.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
:laugh:

That guy is an idiot! He says LBJ and Wade are great, and Bosh is pretty good but the supporting cast can't beat the Bulls. Uh... it won't just be the supporting cast playing the Bulls, genius. Those 2 great players you mentioned plus that other All Star... they'll be playing too.

C's would have won with a healthy Rondo? Wasn't Rondo healthy in games 1 and 2?

The Bulls are an elite team? The Bulls are the 3rd (and maybe 4th behind ATL) team in the East. They're struggling against the Hawks and he says the Heat "struggled." Uh... the Heat have wrapped up their series. In 5 games. Meanwhile the Bulls are still playing against a team no one in their right mind would consider elite.

Funny article though. I don't know why articles like this still boggle my mind. Some people are just dumb.

Wrong.

Evolution23
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
only way the Bulls have a chance is if the rest of the team shows up besides Rose. Im talking about Noah and Boozer torchering the Heat, which seems unlikeley.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
^ why does that seem unlikely?

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
He must be assuming ,that boozer will put up 20/10 each game, deng and noah will step up, and the bench will step up...but that has only happened in like 3 games this post season for them. Spo will game plan to defend the bulls and if the bulls defense is based on the celtics defense they could be in a lot of trouble.

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 02:52 PM
The one thing Miami didn't have to worry about in the Celtic series was presence in the paint which they struggle with. Chicago has that presence, and alot of it.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 02:52 PM
the formula for success seems easy. Noah/Asik, grab rebounds and have good help defense. Boozer, dominate Bosh. Korver and Bogans, hit a bunch of 3's. Rose, be Rose.

win. Now all we gotta do is execute

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Also, offensive rebounds are a huge part of our offense, and Miami struggles to rebound against bigger teams.

ManRam
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
If he calls Bosh "Bo", he might as well call Boozer "B" and Noah "No" and Deng "De" etc...

The dude isn't an absolute superstar, but he's probably the best 3rd option in the NBA...who cares if he isn't dropping 24 and 11 anymore, he's still a damn great player and the **** he gets, from morons like Whitlock, is just that: moronic. He's not expected to be anything more than a great third option, and he has been just that.

SteBO
05-12-2011, 02:54 PM
the formula for success seems easy. Noah/Asik, grab rebounds and have good help defense. Boozer, dominate Bosh. Korver and Bogans, hit a bunch of 3's. Rose, be Rose.

win. Now all we gotta do is execute

That formula won't come easy against the Heat defense, and I sure hope you aren't counting on Boozer dominating Bosh, but honestly you guys have to beat the Hawks firs. This is just way too soon, but it seems inevitable in a lot of ways.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
whats so great about the Heat defense, is it suddenly better than our defense?

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
He must be assuming ,that boozer will put up 20/10 each game, deng and noah will step up, and the bench will step up...but that has only happened in like 3 games this post season for them. Spo will game plan to defend the bulls and if the bulls defense is based on the celtics defense they could be in a lot of trouble.

How so? The Heat scored over 100 points on the C's one time and averaged about 96 a game. The Bulls have better defenders and a better overall defense.

SteBO
05-12-2011, 02:56 PM

No, but it's about as close as it can get.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 02:56 PM
I didn't realize you have the #2 defense in the league

JordansBulls
05-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Hope it goes 7. Bulls IMO had the best shot to beat them simply because they are the only team that has HCA over Miami.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:59 PM
No, but it's about as close as it can get.

It will be hard for the Heat to stop Rose. He can shoot unlike Rondo. Rose can drive and will drive to the hole and he draws fouls.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
He is nuts. im calling miami to win this series.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM

The Bulls had the #11 offense, and #1 defense
The Heat had the #3 offense, and #5 defense

Both are elite in defense. Only Miami is also elite in offense. In the regular season, being so elite at one will win you a ton of games. Come playoff time, its better to be the top end on both.

And the fact is, if Boozer doesn't wake up and outplay Bosh, the Bulls will struggle to win more than 1-2 games. The Heat are playing at a high level, just kicked the crap out of the Celtics, who employ Coach Thib's defense still, and the Bulls have been struggling, and been depending on their defense to keep them in it, and Rose to close.

Basically, the Heat need to make zero adjustments going forward. The Bulls need their offense to wake up.

SteBO
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
It will be hard for the Heat to stop Rose. He can shoot unlike Rondo. Rose can drive and will drive to the hole and he draws fouls.

Yeah, Rose will be a huge pain in the arse. No choice but to put Wade on him, which hopefully doesn't affect his offense too much. It didn't in the BOS series against Ray Allen, but Rose is a diffrent animal. He actually draws fouls. The other guy that worries me is Luol Deng. He always against LeBron and the Heat.

pd1dish
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
James, Wade and Bo — Bosh no longer deserves full credit, since he's discredited the Big Three to the Big 2.5

that made me lol, but i dont like this article as a whole. that scares me that someone is writing off the Heat this early AND the Bulls havent even made it to the EC Finals yet. its like they are trying to jinx us (Bulls fans) as much as possible. i think that if we do make it to the ECF, we can easily take Bosh out of the game. its Lebron and Wade that we obviously would have to worry about, and if they play like they did last night, the Heat are unstoppable.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Heat kicked the crap out of an injury-riddled, decrepit, old Celtics team who had no big man and couldn't rebound.

and Thibs wasn't there, I didnt see very good defense from them on a consistent basis tbh

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 03:04 PM
The Bulls need their offense to wake up.

As long as they defend, that will take care of itself.

Im_Really_CHI
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Bulls defence is better than the Celtics'. The bulls are better at the Heat's weakest positions, PG and C.

SteBO
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Heat kicked the crap out of an injury-riddled, decrepit, old Celtics team who had no big man and couldn't rebound.

and Thibs wasn't there, I didnt see very good defense from them on a consistent basis tbh

Give credit to Miami's offense figuring out BOS's good defense :shrug:

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Bulls defence is better than the Celtics'. The bulls are better at the Heat's weakest positions, PG and C.

And that's what i'm talking about when i say matchups. Past series don't mean anything.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 03:06 PM

And the Bulls have been consistent on D? The Hawks dropped 100 or over 2 times this seroes and they were 26th in the NBA in scoring.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Give credit to Miami's offense figuring out BOS's good defense :shrug:

I honestly didn't see great defense from the C's, part of it is they just didnt have the personell. No big man.

theyre playing Green, Kristic and Delonte West...against Lebron and Wade who could just go iso and get anything they wanted at will.

come on, son. Celtics were ill-equipped to stop the Heat.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2011, 03:08 PM
As long as they defend, that will take care of itself.

nope, sorry. They won't be playing Danny Granger and Crazy T, or Joe Johnson and Jeff Teague. They will be playing LeBron and Wade. If their offense stays asleep, they will be gone in 5-6.

SteBO
I honestly didn't see great defense from the C's, part of it is they just didnt have the personell. No big man.

theyre playing Green, Kristic and Delonte West...against Lebron and Wade who could just go iso and get anything they wanted at will.

come on, son. Celtics were ill-equipped to stop the Heat.

OK, but it's not like the Bulls' defense has been anymore consistent than the C's. :shrug: If that was the case, you wouldn't be in the fight with the Hawks that you're in now.

RZZZA
And the Bulls have been consistent on D? The Hawks dropped 100 or over 2 times this seroes and they were 26th in the NBA in scoring.

It's the Hawks, Bulls don't care about the Hawks. probably looking past them and thinking about the Heat.

mikealike305

and i dont see a very good ofense from the bulls on a consistent basis. so we should take them out as well

Baller1
What an absolute joke... I can't stand people who just make statements out of pure hatred. Especially when the hatred is unwarranted.

Jtirado16
05-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Bulls will win this series and kinda want the grizzlies to win but i doubt it and if the dont i want thunder so i mean it will be fun to watch

Gibby23
It's the Hawks, Bulls don't care about the Hawks. probably looking past them and thinking about the Heat.

They care. They started to care after game 1.

Rego247
i really don't understand the explosion of wire references. i love the wire as much as any other wire lover. but does relating it to basketball make ur piece hip and relevant?

whitlock is making it seem this is gonna be a cakewalk, which it won't be for either team. its gonna be a dogfight.

but i do agree with what he said about bosh. the big 2.5 lol.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
and i dont see a very good ofense from the bulls on a consistent basis. so we should take them out as well

I'm banking on the Bulls being a different team when they face the Heat. We always look past "lesser" teams and step up to face the elite.

Every one of our players will be on high alert knowing they have to face Lebron and Wade.

Hawkeye15
anyways, I am backing out of this useless conversation.

Beat the Hawks first, then you can start on the pointless back and forth Heat and Bulls fans. None of us will win it from PSD.

mikealike305
OK, but it's not like the Bulls' defense has been anymore consistent than the C's. :shrug: If that was the case, you wouldn't be in the fight with the Hawks that you're in now.

that.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm banking on the Bulls being a different team when they face the Heat. We always look past "lesser" teams and step up to face the elite.

Every one of our players will be on high alert knowing they have to face Lebron and Wade.

What do you mean by always? The Bulls haven't been good since Jordan retired.

RZZZA
cuz we relax versus teams like the Hawks, we won't relax for a moment against the Heat

Southsideheat
nope, sorry. They won't be playing Danny Granger and Crazy T, or Joe Johnson and Jeff Teague. They will be playing LeBron and Wade. If their offense stays asleep, they will be gone in 5-6.

The Bulls aren't going to outscore anybody, but they will defend anybody, especially if they're 5 on 3.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:12 PM
What do you mean by always? The Bulls haven't been good since Jordan retired.

uhhh... well this season we lost to teams like the clippers, the nets, the raptors...but had the best record in the league against elite teams.

I think that proves that we relax against bad teams and step up against elite teams

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 03:12 PM
The Bulls aren't going to outscore anybody, but they will defend anybody, especially if they're 5 on 3.

That is what you have to do to win. lol....

Rosh
05-12-2011, 03:14 PM

"The Sixers were just breakfast."

Gibby23
uhhh... well this season we lost to teams like the clippers, the nets, the raptors...but had the best record in the league against elite teams.

I think that proves that we relax against bad teams and step up against elite teams

Regular season means nothing. The Bulls only have one player that can relax and turn it on and to me it seems like Rose has been playing his *** off. The other guys are not good enough to turn it on.

Southsideheat
That is what you have to do to win. lol....

you can out defend to win. It happend about 50 times this year for the Bulls this year.

RZZZA
we're gonna have Scalabrine suit up, then you'll be sorry.

white mamba gonna strike

MiamiLoyal926
05-12-2011, 03:15 PM
RZZZA ... biased some?

Gibby23
you can out defend to win. It happend about 50 times this year for the Bulls this year.

Did the Bulls outscore the other team in those 50 games?

jp611
Whitlocks an idiot

RZZZA
Regular season means nothing. The Bulls only have one player that can relax and turn it on and to me it seems like Rose has been playing his *** off. The other guys are not good enough to turn it on.

this is very misleading, you act like Rose scores all our points and nobody else contributes. Thats just not true...at all...

no, we don't have a second playmaker but we do have very solid role players who can toss in significant contributions on any given day

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
RZZZA ... biased some?

I'm just defending my team, people act like the Heat are gonna PWN US HARD. I don't think that'll happen.

sixer04fan
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
It will be no contest - the Heat are going to destroy.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 03:17 PM
this is very misleading, you act like Rose scores all our points and nobody else contributes. Thats just not true...at all...

no, we don't have a second playmaker but we do have very solid role players who can toss in significant contributions on any given day

No it isn't. Boozer shouldn't be playing like just a role player.

Purple&Gold24
05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
WOW, Heat will win the series

Southsideheat
Did the Bulls outscore the other team in those 50 games?

Outscore = a game like 115-107
Outdefend = a game like 89-81

catch my drift?

RZZZA
No it isn't. Boozer shouldn't be playing like just a role player.

it is what it is. We can win with Booz playing like he is, we can win even without Boozer. Taj comes in, his defense makes up for his lack of offense imo.

Slug3
05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
This is stupid. ANYTHING can happen. I mean Rose could drop 35 game or maybe even go cold. Wade or Bron could be getting 40 a game. Both teams are great. The one difference I see is that Wade and Bron had the ability to go off for 40 or 50 in game. Chicago only has Rose who an do that. Not saying anyone of them would.

But one thing is for sure. Bosh and Boozer will average arund 5 points 5 boards a game.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 03:20 PM
Outscore = a game like 115-107
Outdefend = a game like 89-81

catch my drift?

No, because in both of those, the winning team has more points.

MiamiLoyal926
I'm just defending my team, people act like the Heat are gonna PWN US HARD. I don't think that'll happen.

Actually... to me it seemed more as if the Bulls were given way to much credit in the article while the Heat were completely discredited and people were saying the series will be darn close with a predicition or winner hard to anticipate.

RZZZA
Actually... to me it seemed more as if the Bulls were given way to much credit in the article while the Heat were completely discredited and people were saying the series will be darn close with a predicition or winner hard to anticipate.

the article is stupid, I have no idea who this whitlock guy is but his article sucks. it was funny to read though. I think it might be satire.

TheRunKiller
05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm not going to think about the Heat til Chicago is done with this series

but people that say bulls have no chance...that's pretty dumb

Southsideheat
No, because in both of those, the winning team has more points.

those are my definitions, if you don't understand the analogy, thats on you.

Gibby23
it is what it is. We can win with Booz playing like he is, we can win even without Boozer. Taj comes in, his defense makes up for his lack of offense imo.

You can win against the pacers and Hawks, but not against the Heat or in the Finals. You need Boozer to be a legit 2nd option and to be scoring along with Rose.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:23 PM
You can win against the pacers and Hawks, but not against the Heat or in the Finals. You need Boozer to be a legit 2nd option and to be scoring along with Rose.

I don't think so, but we can agree to disagree. Someone else can step up if Booz is struggling. We have a complete team...so if one or two people are struggling hopefully one or two others will step up and have a good night.

if we can win with Korver going 1-9, we can also win with Boozer going 1-9.

hell, how many games have the Heat won with Bosh having a terrible game?

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm not going to think about the Heat til Chicago is done with this series

but people that say bulls have no chance...that's pretty dumb

True, but ironic given the fact that the thread is about someone saying the HEAT have no chance.

AllBall
05-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Sir, don't point at the Elephant in the room. Thanks.

RZZZA
Booz is looking much better btw, he's got energy and a spring in his step.

if I was the Heat I'd have somebody step on his foot to aggravate his toe injury

justinnum1
This reminds me of a college student just writing anything possible in order to meet the 12a.m deadline to turn in a paper

You might be able to win agasint the hawks and pacers, but not the heat...sorry dude. Boozer will have to play like a star for you to have a chance to win, and every second he is on the floor, is a chance for us to attack one of the worst defenders in the league.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
This is stupid. ANYTHING can happen. I mean Rose could drop 35 game or maybe even go cold. Wade or Bron could be getting 40 a game. Both teams are great. The one difference I see is that Wade and Bron had the ability to go off for 40 or 50 in game. Chicago only has Rose who an do that. Not saying anyone of them would.

But one thing is for sure. Bosh and Boozer will average arund 5 points 5 boards a game.

No way, after out playing garnett in the sereis, bosh will surprise us.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Boozer will have to play like a star for you to have a chance to win

I just don't believe that, not for a second. We can win with Boozer having his average (as of lately game) of 10 points and 10 rebounds as long as others step up to compensate. And why wouldn't others step up? We have a good bench.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't think so, but we can agree to disagree. Someone else can step up if Booz is struggling. We have a complete team...so if one or two people are struggling hopefully one or two others will step up and have a good night.

if we can win with Korver going 1-9, we can also win with Boozer going 1-9.

hell, how many games have the Heat won with Bosh having a terrible game?

Ya, but the Heat have 2 other guys in Lebron james and Wade that are going to bring the scoring every night. legit superstars, not role players that might step up. James and Wade are a given on any night.

midwestmadman
05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Whitlock always goes a little to far with his opinion and not the facts. He makes a few strong points about injuries for the C's, but really even if the C's were 100% healthy I figure at best they win one more game but lose in 6. He is right however that Chicago will win this series and for the exact reasons we laid out. The Bulls have the deeper team, the better defenive team, and guys who play better team basketball. This series reminds me of the Pistons Vs. Lakers finals when everyone bought into the hype of the Lakers with Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton etc. and forgot about the team with the best D, solid rotation players, and who understood the philosophy of team basketball. I don't think it will be as easy for Chicago as it was for the Pistons as LA was lucky to win even one game, but I do think Chicago wins this series in 6 games.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I just don't believe that, not for a second. We can win with Boozer having his average (as of lately game) of 10 points and 10 rebounds as long as others step up to compensate. And why wouldn't others step up? We have a good bench.

There is no way you are beating the heat with boozer putting up 10/8. Sorry dude, boozer will eaten alive trying to defend our guys.

TylerSL
05-12-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_860876.html

To the guy that said this guy was not hating. He obviously was..

"James, Wade and Ch Bo — Bosh no longer deserves full credit, since he's downgraded the Big Three to the Big 2.5 — can’t win four games against a real elite team."

Sure that guy can think the Heat wont beat the Bulls, but that was hating. This guy is also dumb as well.

"The Heat barely knocked off a Celtics team led by a one-armed point guard. Miami needed overtime Monday night and a 10-point, late-game eruption from James on Wednesday night to hold off an injury-riddled and worn Celtics squad."

It took the Heat 5 games to beat the Celtics and he says we barely knocked them off. We kicked their *****......

"With a healthy Rajon Rondo, the Celtics would’ve eliminated the Heat in the semifinals."

He says the same Celtics that got beat in every way in games 1 and 2 would beat us...

"The popular narrative is the Bulls look terrible, particularly on offense, against an IQ-challenged Atlanta squad. I contend the Heat looked worse against a battered and helpless Boston team."

This guy is just rediculous, Miami was worse against Boston than Chicago is against Atlanta?? O yea thats why Chicago is still playing and we have already won our series.... Also, he acts as if Boston was one of the worst teams in the postseason. Even tho Boston did have injuries to Shaq, and Rondo they were not helpless, they were still a very good team through and through.

"Spoelstra is going to end up putting Wade on Rose and sitting his point guards. And that’s going to put a drain on Wade’s offensive effectiveness and potentially lead to foul trouble."

minus the foul trouble part, Wade chased Allen around screens all day when the Heat played the Celtics, and Wade did pretty good (30.3 points/4.8 Assists/7.8 Rebounds/1.8 Steals per game in the series..)

"Remember when the New York Jets beat the New England Patriots to advance to the AFC Championship Game? Remember LaDainian Tomlinson crying and the Jets celebrating like they’d just won the Lombardi Trophy?

That’s how the Heat looked after finishing Boston. They turned the Boston series into a personal NBA Finals. They spent too much emotional capital on getting past a broken team. You can go to that emotional well only so many times."

This guy thinks Miami is too emotionally drained to go any farther?? Thats his opinion, not a fact like he is making it out to be....

This guy is just a bias Chicago fan, I cant wait til the ECF to play them, just so we can prove this loser wrong. It will be just like we proved Jackie MacMullen wrong, we will prove this guy wrong too.

This is what I posted about this guy in another thread...

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
im out, too many trolls in here...

and talking about a team thats not even in the ecf yet i premature.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
There is no way you are beating the heat with boozer putting up 10/8. Sorry dude, boozer will eaten alive trying to defend our guys.

Boozer, defend? That'll be a first.

if we have trouble with defense then Taj or Kurt can play the PF. If we need scoring, Booz can be the low post threat. If he's not putting up all-star type numbers he's still a threat that demands a double team in the low post.

and even when injured, he's a great rebounder.

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Didn't bother to read the article. Stupid.

The Bulls didn't even advance.

dnewguy
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Lmao

midwestmadman
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree that if Boozer doesn't show up for more than 10 and 8 it WILL spell trouble, but Bosh isn't a very good defender either, I'd take Josh Smith or al Horford over Bosh any day! (defensively speaking)

midwestmadman
05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Didn't bother to read the article. Stupid.

The Bulls didn't even advance.

Well not for another few hours anyway.

dnewguy
05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
The guy said we look bad beating Boston in 5 games, I guess he thought we should have swept Boston.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Booz is getting more than 10 and 8 in our series though, its closer to 15/10+ right now I'd say, isn't it?

A lot of it also is that he's just not getting enough touches

MagicHero3
Blinded Hate-spewer, clearly. But I'm not surprised. Whitlock has always been a joke of a journalist, and will continue to be one.

wow. bias much?
did you completely ignore the stats he explained?

"Wednesday night, six Heat players not named LeBron, Dwyane or Ch took the court, and they contributed 4-of-21 shooting, 16 points, 10 rebounds and two assists. In Game 4, the non-Big 2.5 contributed 7-of-16 shooting, 15 points, 10 rebounds and three assists"

alot of it is hate, but these stats prove his theory.

RZZZA
If I was the Heat I'd double and triple team Boozer every time he touches the ball down low, he fumbles a lot.

Cal827
05-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Lol well there's 2 minutes I'm not going to get back.. Don't want to assume that you will see a match-up until both teams advance. Remember a few years ago, where they had those commercials on how it'll be a Lakers-Cavs final (more specifically Lebron vs Kobe)? I also Remember Dwight making Lebron and the Cavs his ***** and moving on to represent the East. It should be an interesting series, whether it's the Bulls-Heat or the Hawks-Heat.

kozelkid
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
While this article is obviously a gross exaggeration, I still don't understand why people here think that Boozer has to succeed. In case you guys were unaware, Boozer stunk in all three games against the Heat during the season series, and we still swept (fine I won't include the one without Lebron, but the point stands).

Reality is Boozer has not been much of a scoring factor for us the second half of the season. He has been struggling since January. Reality is with Boozer's struggles and Noah recovering from his injuries, Bulls still won 21 of their last 23 games. People don't seem to realize just how good our game planning is. And now with a healthy Noah and a Boozer who appears to be getting his confidence back, I like our chances.

I've said it before, forget about Indiana and Atlanta. Playoffs are about matchups. Thibs' philosophy has been known to play poorly against lengthy, athletic teams with great shooters who play well off the ball. There's a reason why 08 Celtics toughest series was against the Hawks in the first round. Sure, Miami has much more talent than either Atl or Indiana, but they also play right into our matchup. I don't buy that Miami can consistently play off the ball. If they can, they will beat us. If not and they try to go iso, they will likely lose. It will certainly be a grind, but our struggles against Indiana and Atlanta or Miami's triumph against a depleted Boston team or a Philly team they matched up great against, doesn't really say much.

Of course this is all assuming the Bulls beat Atlanta anyway. :)

Hustlenomics
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
rondo only had one arm and was still able to lead Celtics to one win, Rose is healthy and will attack Miami all day. It won't be easy for either team

SoxBearsBulls!
05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Anyone saying either the Heat or Bulls will stomp the other team is an idiot, both teams have strengths and weaknesses, both teams play great D, the Heat have 2 of the best players in the NBA, the Bulls have a better frontcourt and can dominate the glass, the Heat have an All Star PF who can hit jumpers, the Bulls have a PG who can drive to the hole at will, the Heat are playing with an edge since they are pretty much hated around the league and the Bulls have HCA.

It'll come down to who executes and as we all have seen, these playoffs have been very hard to predict so I won't try to be Nostradamus here.

First we need to get passed the Hawks though...

dnewguy
05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Booz is looking much better btw, he's got energy and a spring in his step.

if I was the Heat I'd have somebody step on his foot to aggravate his toe injury

Why would they do that? They would rather have him play than bring Gibson off the bench.

fin_frenzy_84
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM

as a Bulls fan I agree. Im not predicting the ECF untill the winner of our series. We been in a dog fight. I do believe that if its bulls and heat or Hawks and Heat that will be a hell of series but imo the Hawks and Bulls should get them because they both have a post game. Only way I really see heat winning is if they all shoot good and depth shows up. Heat wont get no easy points in the paint against the Hawks or Bulls. We shall see though

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 03:40 PM
The guy said we look bad beating Boston in 5 games, I guess he thought we should have swept Boston.
Well the Heat do struggle closing out with big leads (showed in the Sixers series too), but the article is still dumb. It's not like the Bulls have been winning decisively in both series either. In fact the Hawks did decisively win against Orlando, relatively.

Tanakid777
05-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Has any logical person ever taken Whitlock seriously???

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Why would they do that? They would rather have him play than bring Gibson off the bench.

good point. If the Heat can get Boozer to fumble the ball a lot and block his weak floaters a lot, that'll be good for you.

Taj's offense is kinda weak but he's got a lot of hustle and is a very good defender. He does things to help that dont show up on a stat sheet

Chill_Will_24
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
CHI will win. They have NOBODY that can contain Rose. They cant put Wade or Bron on him or they will be in foul trouble. The Heat will be out rebounded too

TylerSL
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Has any logical person ever taken Whitlock seriously???

I doubt it

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Should be a helluva series.

Although Miami's top 3 > Chicago's top 3, is Chicago's top 4 > Miami's top 4? Chicago's top 5 is certainly > Miami's top 5. And it gets worse for Miami from there.

D-Leethal
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
I think the title is correct, except in reverse. As much as I hate to say it, Heat in 5. Bulls are barely beating a Hawks team that doesn't even know how to play basketball

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Here's an idea: why not have Lebron guard Boozer? Lebron is a good shot blocker and Boozer never gets foul calls, so no worry of Lebron fouling out.

D-Leethal
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM
CHI will win. They have NOBODY that can contain Rose. They cant put Wade or Bron on him or they will be in foul trouble. The Heat will be out rebounded too

Chalmers plays good D. I think we will see Lebron and Wade guarding him the majority of the time because CHI plays scrubs like Bogans at the 2 and you can have Bibby guard him. Lebron and Wade can also alternate so foul trouble shouldn't be a huge issue

NYKnicksAllDay
05-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I stopped reading after he said "The Big 2.5 cannot beat a cohesive, healthy eight-man rotation led by Derrick Rose. No way."

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Rose guards Bibby
Bogans guards Wade
Deng guards Lebron
Boozer guards Anthony
Noah guards Bosh

I like these matchups for the Bulls.

It'll be interesting to see how Miami guards Chicago. I like Lebron on Boozer as he can help and meet Rose at the rim. Wade guarding Rose would be bad for Miami.

ChicagoJ
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
As a Bulls fan I have to say some of what this article says seems intended to strike controversy. Barely beat the Celtics? LeBron and Wade better than Pippen and Jordan? I don't think so on both accounts.

What he does say which makes sense is about the Bulls depth. It simply outmatches the Heat. If the Bulls bench actually shows up and plays like they did in the season then the heat could be in for trouble. Although their defense could make up for it.

For me right now I need to see the Bulls play more consistently in the post season to believe they will get past the heat. But with that said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat has trouble matching up with the Bulls and gets knocked out of the playoffs in the next round either.

SANTHI
05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
If we advance, this Bulls/Heat series is going to be epic, and I'm pretty sure we'll advance.

It's Keith Bogans' birthday today.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 03:59 PM
You know, deep down I want the Bulls to close it out tonight so we can get on with this on Sunday. But, then again, the Hawks are getting so blatantly and disgustingly disrespected that I hope they put up a fight and force a game 7.

mikealike305
05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
why would he come up with an artcle like this? for shock value? well i for one find it edgy and offensive........

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Whitlock is a shock writer, he's like the Bill Oreilly of sports writing. This is the same guy that said the NBA should have extra incentives for no tattoos, he went on endless rants and raves about Lebrons decision, threw Vick and Tiger under the bus after they were long forgiven.... on and on and on.

Hellcrooner
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
mmm this writter might be right,,,,,,,,, if this league didnt have that little thing called "star calls"

3 stars= 3 times the calls.

So, theres no stopping for heat ring.

JasonJohnHorn
05-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I am a Heat-hater in all honesty, but if this guy thinks Boston, with two finals appearances in three years, and a .500+ record in the post season isnt an "elite" team, then I dont know what is. Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, Ray, PLUS the O'Neals (granted Shaq wasnt much use), Green, Murphy (who got no time) amongst others. That is depth (though it wasnt very productive in this series, and perhaps Doc should have given Murphy some minutes). Look, Boston is the defending Eastern Conference champs. They have depth, chemistry, experience, talent and defence. Miami just BEAT an elite team!

I have no clue who is even going to win the Chi-ATL series yet. And if Chi-town does win, they have as much to prove as Miami. These are both teams on the rise, and both have accompished a lot and will be putting out a championship perfromance in the next round. Nobdoy is going to have an easy series. Even Dallas didnt have an easy series (games 1 and 3 could have gone either way with one bad bounce from the ball, even if Dallas beat them soundly in game 4).

This is the NBA. Anybody good enough to get to the conference finals is going to put up a fight. This guy has no clue what he's talking about. though I will be pulling for Chi-town, I will expect no less than 6 games out of a MIA/CHI match up, and I have no clue who would win the series.

Da Knicks
05-12-2011, 04:07 PM
the only guy who is worse than this bafoon is Charlie Rosen...

BALLER71
05-12-2011, 04:10 PM
Jason Whitlock is just a fatty who always writes controversial articles. His articles are either about racism or an article where he just makes stupid bold claims such as this one

Southsideheat
05-12-2011, 04:11 PM
To be fair to Whitlock, he did pick the Bulls to win the East before the playoffs.

h2r09
05-12-2011, 04:12 PM
this is off topic, but do you understand just how good these guys are with no one around them since they started 9-8. since that time, they are 57-18. that is a .760 win percentage. btw, they are also playing with the worst bench in the league and juwan howard as the 4th leding scorer in a series clinching game.

this team will win 70 games in this era of the big 3 eventually, just wait till we have actual nba players coming off the bench. hate all you want, but these 3 players and what they are doing is absolutely incredible.

nobody is beating this team in a 7 game series even this year, and the bulls wont take them to more than 6 games, but more than likely id say 5.

and its also pretty funny how you have run out of things to hate on. now it is the celebration after they won a playoff series? u mad?

h2r09
05-12-2011, 04:12 PM
delete post.

h2r09
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM
btw, it is actually unclear what whitlock actually said as he had 4 cookies and a hamburger in his mouth when he said his opinion.

Sergio1984
05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Meh, just writers wanting to stir things up, looks like he did a good job.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 04:15 PM
mmm this writter might be right,,,,,,,,, if this league didnt have that little thing called "star calls"

3 stars= 3 times the calls.

So, theres no stopping for heat ring.

:)

Redbull
05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
We aren't even there yet and the guy has us in 6 games in the ECF. I'm lovin it but the guy is a moron, we have to get past atlanta before we even think about the Heat.

ilovemyangel
05-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Lol, at first the thread title had me thinking that this Whitlock guy must have thought that the ECF is gonna be a cake walk for miami, didn't expect it to be the other way round though:facepalm:. that being said, that's probably no way chicago can win this, Miami in 6.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM
What's funnier about this is Whitlock got DESTROYED by Chicago sports radio earlier this year because he just ousted himself as a Chicago hater. He called in to try and defend himself after the hosts were blasting an article of his and his attempts at defense were ridiculous and he got absolutely embarrassed. I somewhat find this as a sarcastic article.

Shmontaine
lol at heat fans claiming the blatant disrespect for the hawks... i guess it's okay to disrespect the sixers as "breakfast" then huh??

double standard?? oh that's right ... always..

dnewguy
Rose guards Bibby
Bogans guards Wade
Deng guards Lebron
Boozer guards Anthony
Noah guards Bosh

I like these matchups for the Bulls.

It'll be interesting to see how Miami guards Chicago. I like Lebron on Boozer as he can help and meet Rose at the rim. Wade guarding Rose would be bad for Miami.

You Scarred?

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
lol at heat fans claiming the blatant disrespect for the hawks... i guess it's okay to disrespect the sixers as "breakfast" then huh??

When it comes to journalism, yes, there is undoubtedly a double standard--a standard the profession itself holds itself to. I don't mind players or fans being homers and irrational. Journalists, in contrast, are supposed to be objective. There's a journalistic creed of moral and ethical superiority that does not attach to fans. Whitlock, in failing acknowledge the mere possibility that Atlanta will defeat the Bulls, is being neither rational nor objective. As a journalist, his audience deserves better.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:31 PM
You Scarred?
If the bulls play Korver (which, against Bibby or Chalmers, he can keep up defensively), it's not a great matchup for Miami to put Wade on Rose. It helps them against Rose's offense, but Korver could go off.

Anyways, who really cares, after all the talk this offseason, during the season, during the 3 games, it's nice that hopefully we'll get to see the 1 and 2 seed go against each other in the ECF.

Shmontaine
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
When it comes to journalism, yes, there is undoubtedly a double standard--a standard the profession itself holds itself to. I don't mind players or fans being homers and irrational. Journalists, in contrast, are supposed to be objective. There's a journalistic creed of moral and ethical superiority that does not attach to fans. Whitlock, in failing acknowledge the mere possibility that Atlanta will defeat the Bulls, is being neither rational nor objective. As a journalist, his audience deserves better.

cowherd?? never hear heat fans complaining about his bias??

and where does it say objectivity is a prerequisite for journalism... in fact, it the exact opposite that draws people to journalists... the word itself is subjective... again... double standard??

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 04:42 PM
What's funnier about this is Whitlock got DESTROYED by Chicago sports radio earlier this year because he just ousted himself as a Chicago hater. He called in to try and defend himself after the hosts were blasting an article of his and his attempts at defense were ridiculous and he got absolutely embarrassed. I somewhat find this as a sarcastic article.

that was about cutler and the Bears, doesn't relate to basketball.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:43 PM
that was about cutler and the Bears, doesn't relate to basketball.
I didn't say it related to basketball, it related to Chicago sports and during his blast he made several comments against Chicago sports in general.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I didn't say it related to basketball, it related to Chicago sports and during his blast he made several comments against Chicago sports in general.

He didn't say anything about the Bulls.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 04:44 PM
where does it say objectivity is a prerequisite for journalism... in fact, it the exact opposite that draws people to journalists... the word itself is subjective... again... double standard??

See “The Rise of Objectivity in the American Press,” in Stuart Allan (ed.), The Routledge Companion to News and Journalism Studies (Routledge Press, 2009). (Access it here (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxrYXBsYW5zY2hvbGFyc2hpcHxn eDoxMGI2MGY2OTIxMTc5NDI3)).

See also Mindich, Just the Facts: How “Objectivity” Came to Define American Journalism. (You can purchase it here (http://www.amazon.com/Just-Facts-Objectivity-American-Journalism/dp/081475614X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305233131&sr=8-1-fkmr0))

And if you prefer Wikipedia, click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(journalism)).

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 04:46 PM

I remember that too.

So obviously this guy is not a chicago homer, he's just an attention ho who says things for a reaction

Derick713
I've lost a ton of respect for Mr. Whitlock. I could've sworn LeBron James took down the Bulls in the playoffs last season with less of a supporting cast. I don't think Chris Bosh is losing sleep over having to defend Boozer. I'm sure Wade is shaking at the thought of Rose, Bogans, Brewer, or Watson. I didn't know Rose was a great defender. Maybe Jeff Teague can enlighten me.

I would be surprised if the Heat didn't sweep the Bulls. The Heat have more options. The Heat are a completely different team than the one the Bulls swept in the regular season.

Football is a different game. I didn't know the NFL had seven game series. It's hard to see any team beating the Heat 4 times.

Small Heat line-up
PG-Wade
SG-James Jones
SF-Mike Miller
PF-LeBron James
SC-Chris Bosh

The Heat have gotten to the Eastern Conference Finals with essentially a three man team. Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, and Joel Anthony are the only players making more than the minimum aside from the big 3. I think a 3 man team is better than a one man team. Haslem and Miller didn't really contribute much at all. Anthony is more of an offensive liability than Perkins. The Heat still won.

redwhitenblue
He didn't say anything about the Bulls.
. . . Can you read?

Did I not say "I didn't say it related to basketball"?

He made statements about Chicago sports and Chicago/media in general perception of their teams/players.

Christ, it's like speaking to a wall.

Whitlock's a moron, most should be impressed he got through an article for the most apart without claiming racism.

h2r09
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
If the bulls play Korver (which, against Bibby or Chalmers, he can keep up defensively), it's not a great matchup for Miami to put Wade on Rose. It helps them against Rose's offense, but Korver could go off.

Anyways, who really cares, after all the talk this offseason, during the season, during the 3 games, it's nice that hopefully we'll get to see the 1 and 2 seed go against each other in the ECF.

why do you continue to make kyle korver out to be a huge, difference making player? he is a 3 point shooter. he is james jones basically. the only reason he is made out to be as good as he is is because the bulls have no 2nd option and run him off a lot of screens. most 3 point specialists could do what he does. he also plays no defense.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
I've lost a ton of respect for Mr. Whitlock. I could've sworn LeBron James took down the Bulls in the playoffs last season with less of a supporting cast. I don't think Chris Bosh is losing sleep over having to defend Boozer. I'm sure Wade is shaking at the thought of Rose, Bogans, Brewer, or Watson. I didn't know Rose was a great defender. Maybe Jeff Teague can enlighten me.

I would be surprised if the Heat didn't sweep the Bulls. The Heat have more options. The Heat are a completely different team than the one the Bulls swept in the regular season.

Football is a different game. I didn't know the NFL had seven game series. It's hard to see any team beating the Heat 4 times.

Small Heat line-up
PG-Wade
SG-James Jones
SF-Mike Miller
PF-LeBron James
SC-Chris Bosh

The Heat have gotten to the Eastern Conference Finals with essentially a three man team. Mike Miller, Udonis Haslem, and Joel Anthony are the only players making more than the minimum aside from the big 3. I think a 3 man team is better than a one man team. Haslem and Miller didn't really contribute much at all. Anthony is more of an offensive liability than Perkins. The Heat still won.
Teague's success is coming from poor rotation on PnR's, that's not Rose's fault, that's the big man failing to cut Teague off.

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
I would be surprised if the Heat didn't sweep the Bulls.

LOL, really? I would not be surprised by any outcome in the Heat/Bulls series EXCEPT a sweep either way.

Gibby23
. . . Can you read?

Did I not say "I didn't say it related to basketball"?

He made statements about Chicago sports and Chicago/media in general perception of their teams/players.

Christ, it's like speaking to a wall.

Whitlock's a moron, most should be impressed he got through an article for the most apart without claiming racism.

So what does that have to do with him picking the Bulls?

TheRunKiller

Only the heat can disrespect some one. No one else can!!!

cubswin25
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
The guy does make some good points and if the Heat do end up playing the Bulls. I wouldn't go as for as saying no contest. But any Heat or NBA fan who thinks the Heat are going to destroy the Bulls in 4 games has another thing coming. The Celtics age showed badly in the series vs the Heat. The Bulls aren't going to run out of gas late in games like the Celtics did in game 2, 4 and 5. Plus they play better d and are have a big edge on the Heat on the boards. That said going into that series I would say the Heat would be the favorites. But if the Bulls play well, they could beat them. No matter how the Bulls looked in other series or how the Heat looked in their series. So while I'll admit I'm scared to go up against a team with both Wade and Lebron on it. I also gotta admit there's something special about this Bulls team as well. They never quit and have answered every challenge this year. So it's hard to see them not stepping up again if they get to the ECF.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:50 PM
why do you continue to make kyle korver out to be a huge, difference making player? he is a 3 point shooter. he is james jones basically. the only reason he is made out to be as good as he is is because the bulls have no 2nd option and run him off a lot of screens. most 3 point specialists could do what he does. he also plays no defense.
Most 3 pt specialists can do what he does? Okay. Believe that all you want, Korver's one of, if not the best.

I'm glad you apparently didn't watch the Indy series, because Korver had major impacts in multiple games.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:52 PM
So what does that have to do with him picking the Bulls?
Good lord, read what I said. I was pointing it out that Whitlock isn't some Chicago lover, he's actually just a dumb *** writer who's been called out before.

Gibby23
Most 3 pt specialists can do what he does? Okay. Believe that all you want, Korver's one of, if not the best.

I'm glad you apparently didn't watch the Indy series, because Korver had major impacts in multiple games.

as did James Jones against the Heat. Miller can go off from 3 on a given night and so can Bibby. Korver isn't going to decide the series, if he is, the Bulls will lose.

cubswin25
I would be surprised if the Heat didn't sweep the Bulls.

The Bulls haven't lost more then two in a row all year, what makes you think they will lose four straight now? Especially having two games at home?

broncofangene
05-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Whitlock is a racist piece of dog s@*t.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Only the heat can disrespect some one. No one else can!!!

That's right. Kneel before us. :p

Naw but for real the same was said to us when we were up 2-0 on the C's...Don't overlook a series that isn't done

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Heat better guard Bogans like their lives depended on it, because if he scores 6 points...its over.

Derick713
05-12-2011, 04:55 PM
The only team that can match-up with the Heat is the Thunder. Every other team is a non-factor. The Mavs have an outside shot. The Bulls have no chance. It's not like Derrick Rose is Dwight Howard. The Hawks have a better shot against the Heat than the Bulls. The Bulls are struggling against a team without it's starting PG.

Pat Riley's drafting might come back to haunt him in the form of Russell Westbrook.

redwhitenblue
as did James Jones against the Heat. Miller can go off from 3 on a given night and so can Bibby. Korver isn't going to decide the series, if he is, the Bulls will lose.
I did see James Jones light up the Heat. . .

Actually, if Korver decides the series, it's likely a negative for Miami. I just find the damn bandwagon Heat fans annoying as hell. God forbid we point out that Korver is one of the best 3 pt specialists in the league, it's "oh yeah, but James Jones, Mike Bibby and Mike 'my contract is laughable' Miller are just as good!"

**** it, **** these stupid *** ******** bandwagon *****es. To the few solid Heat fans, I'm sorry you have to put up with these morons too. Everyone, get on your knees, praise each Heat player. The best interior defense all because of Joel Anthony! The best 3 pt shooting because of Mike freaking Miller! Praise these beasts of the NBA!

h2r09

congrats, the pacers are not the heat. and korver only shot 41% from 3. he is just another 3 point specialist, and not only that, he is a complete liability defensively and the best 3 point specialists are actually pretty good defensively, like James Jones. add that to the fact that korver is not versatile offensively or defensively and ya, he is just another 3 point specialist.

and he is not ray allen or even close to ray allen, and oyu are a buffoon for making that comparison.

godolphins

Agree

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 04:56 PM
The only team that can match-up with the Heat is the Thunder. Every other team is a non-factor. The Mavs have an outside shot. The Bulls have no chance. It's not like Derrick Rose is Dwight Howard. The Hawks have a better shot against the Heat than the Bulls. The Bulls are struggling against a team without it's starting PG.

Pat Riley's drafting might come back to haunt him in the form of Russell Westbrook.

:clap: congratulations, you win the dumbest post in the thread award. quite a feat considering this thread is 13 pages long

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 04:57 PM

Actually, if Korver decides the series, it's likely a negative for Miami. I just find the damn bandwagon Heat fans annoying as hell. God forbid we point out that Korver is one of the best 3 pt specialists in the league, it's "oh yeah, but James Jones, Mike Bibby and Mike 'my contract is laughable' Miller are just as good!"

**** it, **** these stupid *** ******** bandwagon *****es. To the few solid Heat fans, I'm sorry you have to put up with these morons too. Everyone, get on your knees, praise each Heat player. The best interior defense all because of Joel Anthony! The best 3 pt shooting because of Mike freaking Miller! Praise these beasts of the NBA!

Korver, james and miller about the same. korver scored more for the bulls because the Bulls don't have many guys that can score.

h2r09

Actually, if Korver decides the series, it's likely a negative for Miami. I just find it the damn bandwagon Heat fans annoying as hell. God forbid we point out that Korver is one of the best 3 pt specialists in the league, it's "oh yeah, but James Jones, Mike Bibby and Mike 'my contract is laughable' Miller are just as good!"

you do realize miller is shooting only 5% less from 3 with 2 essentially broken hands that will lkely both need surgery and he has had just about every other possible injury known to man.

joel anthony has the 2nd best +/- of any player thus far in the playoffs and has an incredible impact on a game while never needing to touch the ball offensively.

gotoHcarolina52

Ray Allen went 15-30 from 3 (50%) during the series and they still lost . . . in 5 games.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
congrats, the pacers are not the heat. and korver only shot 41% from 3. he is just another 3 point specialist, and not only that, he is a complete liability defensively and the best 3 point specialists are actually pretty good defensively, like James Jones. add that to the fact that korver is not versatile offensively or defensively and ya, he is just another 3 point specialist.

and he is not ray allen or even close to ray allen, and oyu are a buffoon for making that comparison.
At this point in their lives, with Allen at an old age and considerably slowed, yeah, they are very similar.

And I've made my statements, I'm tired of the bandwagon and homer POS's on this site. People claim the Bulls fans are bad, but holy **** some of these 'fans' are imbeciles. SteBO, marlinfan, sorry, i feel for you.

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 04:58 PM
the only guy who is worse than this bafoon is Charlie Rosen...

Man I remember Charlie Rosen calling Alonzo Morning an overrated loser not too long after he had a kidney transplant. Classy!

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 04:59 PM
At this point in their lives, with Allen at an old age and considerably slowed, yeah, they are very similar.

And I've made my statements, I'm tired of the bandwagon and homer POS's on this site. People claim the Bulls fans are bad, but holy **** some of these 'fans' are imbeciles. SteBO, marlinfan, sorry, i feel for you.

Wrong.

redwhitenblue
you do realize miller is shooting only 5% less from 3 with 2 essentially broken hands that will lkely both need surgery and he has had just about every other possible injury known to man.

joel anthony has the 2nd best +/- of any player thus far in the playoffs and has an incredible impact on a game while never needing to touch the ball offensively.
Hence why I said my statements, Praise Joel Anthony and Mike Miller!

RZZZA
Forget Korver, guard Bogans. if he gets his 6...statistics indicate that Bulls win.

:D

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Wrong.
Based on.

Everyone says "wrong", but no one provides any real support to that. Watch both their games this year and look at their results, the difference isn't much at all.

Derick713
05-12-2011, 05:01 PM
The Bulls haven't lost more then two in a row all year, what makes you think they will lose four straight now? Especially having two games at home?

Because the Bulls are a regular season product. They don't match up well with the Heat. They don't have the firepower the Heat have. It's a one man team against a 3 man team with two more shooters coming off the bench for the 3 man team. Derrick Rose might have to score against James and defend against Wade. One of Wade and James will always be on the court for the Heat. Will Rose be on the court every minute?

JordansBulls
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
You know, deep down I want the Bulls to close it out tonight so we can get on with this on Sunday. But, then again, the Hawks are getting so blatantly and disgustingly disrespected that I hope they put up a fight and force a game 7.

Me too, so that we can finally have a damn game on ABC at home this season.

h2r09

dude wtf are you even saying? that is like comparing mario chalmers to rajon rondo because neither of them are great shooters but they are very disruptive defensively.

can kyle korver even dribble a basketball? he is a spot up shooter. there are 10 kyle korvers around the league. ray allen is a phenomenal shooter, but can also take you off the dribble, pass the ball well, and play defense well.

name 1 thing kyle korver does well except shoot the ball while needing someone to give it to him as he runs off of a screen? just do it.

cubswin25
The Hawks have a better shot against the Heat than the Bulls. The Bulls are struggling against a team without it's starting PG

If you think the Heat anything close to a PG as good or talented as Jeff Teague on your roster. Well you are just flat out clueless. You understand that Teague is getting the Hawks 17 PPG in this series right? Teague breaking out like he has is actually the reason why this series is still going on. If Rondo was healthy and playing anywhere as good as Teague. The Heat/Celtics series would still be going on to.

RZZZA
Because the Bulls are a regular season product. They don't match up well with the Heat. They don't have the firepower the Heat have. It's a one man team against a 3 man team with two more shooters coming off the bench for the 3 man team. Derrick Rose might have to score against James and defend against Wade. One of Wade and James will always be on the court for the Heat. Will Rose be on the court every minute?

:clap:
congratulations, you also win the second dumbest post of the thread award!

keep posting, you'll win them all

TO to the CHI
05-12-2011, 05:03 PM
See “The Rise of Objectivity in the American Press,” in Stuart Allan (ed.), The Routledge Companion to News and Journalism Studies (Routledge Press, 2009). (Access it here (https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxrYXBsYW5zY2hvbGFyc2hpcHxn eDoxMGI2MGY2OTIxMTc5NDI3)).

See also Mindich, Just the Facts: How “Objectivity” Came to Define American Journalism. (You can purchase it here (http://www.amazon.com/Just-Facts-Objectivity-American-Journalism/dp/081475614X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305233131&sr=8-1-fkmr0))

And if you prefer Wikipedia, click here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivity_(journalism)).

Nice response. Perhaps the better question to have been asked is "Who ever said that Whitlock is a journalist?"

h2r09
the bulls dont scare me at all. in fact redwhitenblue, if the bulls take the heat to any more than 6 games, i will ban my account. any other result and we can ban your baiting account that should have been banned quite a while ago.

mdm692
Hence why I said my statements, Praise Joel Anthony and Mike Miller!

next season miller and anthony will demand max contracts hahahah

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 05:04 PM
the bulls dont scare me at all. in fact redwhitenblue, if the bulls take the heat to any more than 6 games, i will ban my account. any other result and we can ban your baiting account that should have been banned quite a while ago.

sounds sig-worthy to me

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:05 PM
dude wtf are you even saying? that is like comparing mario chalmers to rajon rondo because neither of them are great shooters but they are very disruptive defensively.

can kyle korver even dribble a basketball? he is a spot up shooter. there are 10 kyle korvers around the league. ray allen is a phenomenal shooter, but can also take you off the dribble, pass the ball well, and play defense well.

name 1 thing kyle korver does well except shoot the ball while needing someone to give it to him as he runs off of a screen? just do it.
Korver also passes the ball well and does occassionally (though rarely-because he does play about half the time) take guys off the dribble.

And no, Allen is not a good defender. Just saying that shows you failed to know who Ray Allen was before Boston. He's been better there because of the team defense philosophy similar to Chicago's right now. But they are both poor defenders.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
If the bulls lose tonight, does this thread stay open?

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
So if the series goes 4, 5 or 6 games either way, you win. If it goes 7, I win.

Wow, what a great bet to take :rolleyes:

D1JM
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
some of you get worked up over some damn writer that nobody even gives a **** about

Derick713
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=RZZZA;17870067]:clap:

keep posting, you'll win them all[/QUOTE

Hopefully they won't seem so dumb when the Heat win the 2011 NBA Championship.

The Hawks match-up better with the Heat. Crawford tends to go off on the Heat. If Hinrich plays he would do a decent job on Wade. Joe Johnson is a good defender and shooter. He can guard both the 2 and 3 positions. Al Horford and Josh Smith seem like a better front court than Anthony and Bosh. The Hawks have more experience in the playoffs than the Bulls.

h2r09
05-12-2011, 05:08 PM
do you guys realize how much of a regular season team the bulls are? you are essentially the only team to go full tilt and go as hard as you can the entire regular season. you all were doubting that the heat didnt have some imaginary 2nd gear defensively and as you have seen they do.

the bulls are just the cavs of last year and as lebron has said is the reason he left, you wont beat a team like the heat or celtics with 1 player.

Gibby23
Based on.

Everyone says "wrong", but no one provides any real support to that. Watch both their games this year and look at their results, the difference isn't much at all.

I don't know, but if you look at FG%, 3pt%, per 36minPPG, regular PPG, and TS%, Allen is better in everything.

RZZZA
apparently we don't match up well with the Heat, and we only have 1 player on our team.

keep posting guys, this stuff is gold

BcEuAbRsS
05-12-2011, 05:09 PM
This guy is an idiot...but of course I would pick my Bulls in a 7 game series against the Heat... but I in NO WAY think its gonna be as easy as winning 8 chips :rolleyes:

h2r09
So if the series goes 4, 5 or 6 games either way, you win. If it goes 7, I win.

Wow, what a great bet to take :rolleyes:

no, the only way i can win is if the heat win in 6 or less.

Heater4life

Agreed with you right up to the bold.

If theres one player i can praise and will not knock its Joel Anthony. Call him Mr. Irrelevant, doesnt put up numbers, etc. He rotates so quickly, plays the p & r so well, along with shot blocking and hustle. I cant discredit him. Without that man i think the Celtics series either goes 7 games or swings the other way completely.

He has opened my eyes to the "you cant just look at stats" debate.

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM

The Hawks match-up better with the Heat. Crawford tends to go off on the Heat. If Hinrich plays he would do a decent job on Wade. Joe Johnson is a good defender and shooter. He can guard both the 2 and 3 positions. Al Horford and Josh Smith seem like a better front court than Anthony and Bosh. The Hawks have more experience in the playoffs than the Bulls.
ATL was 1-3 vs the Heat this year with average losses by 17 points. Clearly, their iso-idea doesn't match up well with Miami.

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 05:10 PM
now now people. every bulls heat game this year was decided in the final minute so obviously they match up well. Series will probably be won in 7 games by whoever. That said the Hawks are still in this so lets not get ahead of ourselves

RZZZA
05-12-2011, 05:11 PM
If you ask Bulls fans I don't think you'd find many who'd say we don't match up well with the Heat. We're confident we have the upper hand at Pg and C, and the bench...

cubswin25

Regular season product? They are one win from the ECF and if they get there. They would be playing a team that hasn't beat them yet. Yes the Heat have more firepower with both Lebron/Wade. But the Bulls do things better then the Heat as well. Like defense, rebound, size and deeper.Plus you are foolish if you think Deng, Boozer, Noah, Taj or Korver aren't capable of having big series and scoring well. You are also discounting the depth factor. If one or two of the big three have a bad they are going to have a tough time winning. While if Boozer has a big game, Taj could come in and get you 10 points in a quarter. Or if Deng is having a off night, Brewer can come in and pick up the slack. If Noah isn't playing well they can bring in Asik for defense and rebounding or Kurt Thomas for some scoring and rebounding. Or if Bogans isn't hitting his 3s they can bring in Korver too. You might not see this as big deals, but depth is exactly how the Mavs beat the Lakers. The Bulls have that type of depth were other guys can step up and have big games. The Heats bench are going to have a tough time doing that against the Bulls players. Rose might not play the whole game, but if you look at the Hawks games he's going to be playing 42-44 minutes a game. But again if you don't think CJ Watson isn't capable of coming in the game and scoring you are also foolish. You can't be a regular season product team unless it doesn't work in the playoffs. As of right now it's working for the Bulls in the playoffs. So yeah......

Derick713

If you think the Heat anything close to a PG as good or talented as Jeff Teague on your roster. Well you are just flat out clueless. You understand that Teague is getting the Hawks 17 PPG in this series right? Teague breaking out like he has is actually the reason why this series is still going on. If Rondo was healthy and playing anywhere as good as Teague. The Heat/Celtics series would still be going on to.

Kirk Hinrich was a better organizer of the talent on the floor. Jeff Teague might be surprising the Bulls a little given he was thrust into a tough situation via injury to Hinrich. Most people are dumbfounded by the bad shot selection of the Hawks. Anyone consider that Hinrich not being in the line-up is a reason for that. Points aren't everything.

Heater4life
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM
apparently we don't match up well with the Heat, and we only have 1 player on our team.

keep posting guys, this stuff is gold

Hate spews from every angle brother. Get accustomed to it, take it from a Heat fan.

I, for one, will not take the Bulls lightly.

h2r09
05-12-2011, 05:13 PM

can you please go away again? hwy did you have to come back? the hawks are a straight up mediocre team that shouldnt give anyone trouble in the playoffs. there is nothing about them that would give miami trouble.

Derick713
05-12-2011, 05:14 PM
I tend to think Bulls fans are angry with D-Wade for not coming home and James spurning a roster that could've gotten him multiple titles given the age of Rose. I think most people hate the idea of the Heat winning. It's the Heats time. That's all there is to it.

redwhitenblue
I don't know, but if you look at FG%, 3pt%, per 36minPPG, regular PPG, and TS%, Allen is better in everything.
Look at those per 36 numbers.

I said the first time I made this comparison that Ray is still the better pure shooter, his TS% shows that, but the difference in their overall numbers per 36? 1.5 PPG, .1 RPG, 0 APG. Their Ortg and Drtg, shockingly similar, WS's not far off.

People laugh off the comparison, the numbers say it's closer than people believe. And when you watch the game, they play eerily similar still. Sure, Allen can drive-about once or twice a series. He's turned into a spot up shooter who just curls off of screens and looks for open three's. It's not a knock, the guy is up their in age and it's hurting his game.

RZZZA
Hate spews from every angle brother. Get accustomed to it, take it from a Heat fan.

I, for one, will not take the Bulls lightly.

Wise words, and I know Bulls fans aren't taking the Heat lightly.

D1JM
05-12-2011, 05:15 PM
no, the only way i can win is if the heat win in 6 or less.

make it five. you seem confident so they should take them in 5

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Regular season product? They are one win from the ECF and if they get there. They would be playing a team that hasn't beat them yet. Yes the Heat have more firepower with both Lebron/Wade. But the Bulls do things better then the Heat as well. Like defense, rebound, size and deeper.Plus you are foolish if you think Deng, Boozer, Noah, Taj or Korver aren't capable of having big series and scoring well. You are also discounting the depth factor. If one or two of the big three have a bad they are going to have a tough time winning. While if Boozer has a big game, Taj could come in and get you 10 points in a quarter. Or if Deng is having a off night, Brewer can come in and pick up the slack. If Noah isn't playing well they can bring in Asik for defense and rebounding or Kurt Thomas for some scoring and rebounding. Or if Bogans isn't hitting his 3s they can bring in Korver too. You might not see this as big deals, but depth is exactly how the Mavs beat the Lakers. The Bulls have that type of depth were other guys can step up and have big games. The Heats bench are going to have a tough time doing that against the Bulls players. Rose might not play the whole game, but if you look at the Hawks games he's going to be playing 42-44 minutes a game. But again if you don't think CJ Watson isn't capable of coming in the game and scoring you are also foolish. You can't be a regular season product team unless it doesn't work in the playoffs. As of right now it's working for the Bulls in the playoffs. So yeah......
But you have to remember, while not playing great ball in a handful of games the last three weeks, they've lost 1 more game than Miami in this postseason. So clearly Miami is flying while Chicago is digging it's grave.

And of course PHI/BOS are better than IND/ATL...while Philly missed layup after layup and BOS had several guys laid out with injuries.

I'm not discrediting Miami as much as I'm saying don't take CHI so lightly.

Crackadalic
05-12-2011, 05:16 PM
The bulls are a younger squad then the C's but their only scoring threat is D-rose. Its not gonna be easy for both teams though

BALLER71
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM

Kyle Korver is an elite 3 PT specialist but "go off"? Yeah, I don't see Korver going off on anybody.

h2r09
If you ask Bulls fans I don't think you'd find many who'd say we don't match up well with the Heat. We're confident we have the upper hand at Pg and C, and the bench...

and the heat have the 2 best players in the series and 3 of the best 4.

the heats bench obviously isnt spectacular but they have 4 quality guys coming off of it playing distinct roles. chalmers hits 3's and is a defensive catalyst for us. james jones is a knockdown shooter and is versatile defensively and is fearless defensively as far as drawing charges. joel anthony is plain and simple a phenomenal defender because of his athletcism and his strength, and udonis haslem is a wildcard but is a starting caliber player should he be up to the pace of the game.

RZZZA
But you have to remember, while not playing great ball in a handful of games the last three weeks, they've lost 1 more game than Miami in this postseason. So clearly Miami is flying while Chicago is digging it's grave.

And of course PHI/BOS are better than IND/ATL...while Philly missed layup after layup and BOS had several guys laid out with injuries.

what are you talking about? Bulls are crappy. They only have 1 guy on their team, and we don't match up well with the Heat.

Saying it makes it true.

shizzle09
Regular season product? They are one win from the ECF and if they get there. They would be playing a team that hasn't beat them yet. Yes the Heat have more firepower with both Lebron/Wade. But the Bulls do things better then the Heat as well. Like defense, rebound, size and deeper. Plus you are foolish if you think Deng, Boozer, Noah, Taj or Korver aren't capable of having big series and scoring well. Rose might not play the whole game, but if you look at the Hawks games he's going to be playing 42-44 minutes a game. But again if you don't think CJ Watson isn't capable of coming in the game and scoring you are also foolish. You can't be a regular season product team unless it doesn't work in the playoffs. As of right now it's working for the Bulls in the playoffs. So yeah......

really? what are they #1,2? I'll take the heat defense every time.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Look at those per 36 numbers.

I said the first time I made this comparison that Ray is still the better pure shooter, his TS% shows that, but the difference in their overall numbers per 36? 1.5 PPG, .1 RPG, 0 APG. Their Ortg and Drtg, shockingly similar, WS's not far off.

People laugh off the comparison, the numbers say it's closer than people believe. And when you watch the game, they play eerily similar still. Sure, Allen can drive-about once or twice a series. He's turned into a spot up shooter who just curls off of screens and looks for open three's. It's not a knock, the guy is up their in age and it's hurting his game.

Ray Allen is more than a 3 point specialist, he shot 49%. korver is a 3 point specialist like James Jones. Look up James Jones and he compares to korver better than Ray Allen does.

TheRunKiller
05-12-2011, 05:18 PM
The bulls are a younger squad then the C's but their only scoring threat is D-rose. Its not gonna be easy for both teams though

yep everyone on chicago sucks on O except for Drose :rolleyes:

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Kyle Korver is an elite 3 PT specialist but "go off"? Yeah, I don't see Korver going off on anybody.
He's similar to some of the best jump shooters where if he gets into a groove, he can hit it with hands in his face. He's had a bad ATL series after a fantastic IND series.

RZZZA

That's great, leave him open then. I hope the Heat leave him open.

Gibby23

That is true.

meloman1592
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
LMAOOOO @ this thread!!!! I hate the heat but to say they have no chance is ****ing stupid!! They probably have the 2 best players in the nba. How do they no have a chance?? They're the favorites

Gibby23
He's similar to some of the best jump shooters where if he gets into a groove, he can hit it with hands in his face. He's had a bad ATL series after a fantastic IND series.

He is like James Jones.

h2r09
make it five. you seem confident so they should take them in 5

i would if we had home court, but since it will more than likely be 1-1 after 2 games i could see you guys maybe getting another game.

mediocre offensive teams with only 1 reliable scorer simply doesnt win in the playoffs.

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM

if its not true why does rose shoot 100 times a game?

cubswin25
really? what are they #1,2? I'll take the heat defense every time.

LOL take the Heat every time. The Bulls defense is 1 and I believe the Heat were 3. The Bulls defense is superior and something special actually and not just Bulls fans have said that on here. There's hasn't been a defense as good as the Bulls in the NBA since 2008 Celtics.

redwhitenblue
Ray Allen is more than a 3 point specialist, he shot 49%. korver is a 3 point specialist like James Jones. Look up James Jones and he compares to korver better than Ray Allen does.
Now watch the games and see how they play. Allen and Korver are constantly running around screens to get set up for those shots while Jones sits on the perimeter for Wade or James to drive and kick.

TheRunKiller
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM
That's great, leave him open then. I hope the Heat leave him open.

haha heats coach isn't as dumb as some of the heat fans so that won't happen

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 05:22 PM

Deng can give you some production once in a while, but other than that, yeah, pretty much. ;)

redwhitenblue
05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
That is true.
Based on?

And remember, you cannot say regular season because every single Heat fan is saying how the regular season doesn't mean jack. So explain how the PHI team that limped into the playoffs the last few weeks and a BOS team missing it's big men inside and with an injured PG and C for 3/5 of the series are better.

RZZZA
haha heats coach isn't as dumb as some of the heat fans so that won't happen

Thats good too then, space the floor for Rose to drive :)

Its a pick your poison thing when Korver is in the game

D1JM
i would if we had home court, but since it will more than likely be 1-1 after 2 games i could see you guys maybe getting another game.

mediocre offensive teams with only 1 reliable scorer simply doesnt win in the playoffs.

thats why. they shouldnt even win one game. if the bulls do beat the hawks, the mediocre team cant win against the mighty heat. not even one game

h2r09

ray allen showed up for both of the series he played in this postseason......

Gibby23
Now watch the games and see how they play. Allen and Korver are constantly running around screens to get set up for those shots while Jones sits on the perimeter for Wade or James to drive and kick.

Did you ever think the coach took some of the Boston offense and put it in the Bulls system? Just a thought. Jones isn't required to do that but is still hitting 3's at the same clip.