PDA

View Full Version : National Hate on Heat helped team says Doc Rivers

AllBall
05-12-2011, 08:25 AM
“I didn’t like that, because I thought it helped them,” Rivers said. “I said it all year, that I wished you guys (the media) would leave them alone, because it allowed them to go through something that prepared them for the playoffs. I said that all year to our coaches. I go back to our first year together (with the Big Three in 2007-08, which ended with a championship). We went through a seamless year — people actually liked us. I was concerned going into the playoffs against Atlanta, because we hadn’t gone through anything. We went seven games, and it scared the daylights out of everybody.

“We had already gone through it, so this is just what has been going on. They get booed and they get everything. I thought (the media) gave them the assist, so thank you.”

Thanks to the Haters? Agree or disagree? What are your thoughts?

OnWisconsin2007
05-12-2011, 08:27 AM
I would say, at the very least, it's not a good idea to give a tandem consisting of Dwayne Wade and LeBron James extra motivation. Just saying.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2011, 08:32 AM
I absolutely agree. When you are hated and booed like the Heat were, it toughens you up quickly.

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Is this the same team that cried after they lost to Chicago? Just wait until they fall behind in a series, the old Heat will come back.

TO to the CHI
05-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Is this the same team that cried after they lost to Chicago? Just wait until they fall behind in a series, the old Heat will come back.

I agree with the premise that the Heat might stumble or tighten up if faced with adversity, but the reality is they appear to be the class of the league right now. My Raps are out and I certainly would prefer the Bulls to go all the way, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I view the Heat as the favorites right now (with no disrespect intended to the Bulls, Mavs or Thunder/Grizz).

TylerSL
05-12-2011, 08:40 AM
it did. At first it hurt really bad because those players are used to being loved not hated. But as time went on, they pretty much put a big middle finger up to everybody and all the hate toughened them up emotionally. The hate brought them closer together, and stronger emotionally than they have ever been. After they got used to the hate (toughened up emotionally) they decided to play their game. Their game, was wayyy too much for any other team in the league. Thats why they went 49-17 after their 9-7 start. Its even harder to beat Miami in a 7 game series, because Wade/Lebron attacking all of the time is just too much for any team.

Bulls_fan90
05-12-2011, 08:48 AM
I agree with the premise that the Heat might stumble or tighten up if faced with adversity, but the reality is they appear to be the class of the league right now. My Raps are out and I certainly would prefer the Bulls to go all the way, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I view the Heat as the favorites right now (with no disrespect intended to the Bulls, Mavs or Thunder/Grizz).

I agree and i wasn't baiting. It's just my opinion that IF (which they might not) face adversity in the conference finals or the NBA finals i really do think the will fail.

Based on their current form I'd have the Mavs and Heat as equal favorites for the title.

John Walls Era
05-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Of course it motivated them. I kinda like how Doc called out the media.

yanksknicks
05-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Heat fans (and the Heat last night) are spoodling in their pants and it isn't even June yet.

Then they wonder why folks can't stand the team.

Most teams are relieved to get past the second round.

These clowns are celebrating like they won the Jimmy OBrien.

yanksknicks
05-12-2011, 09:07 AM

Ditto.

Some folks forget Knicks outplayed the Celtics two games at the Boston Garden. Took a few good bounces and some refing to make up for the fact the Celtics are done.

When the Heat play a Championship quality team .... we'll talk again.

AllBall
05-12-2011, 09:10 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_O%27Brien

Hurling?

Hawkize31
05-12-2011, 09:11 AM
If this is true, that the hate helps motivate the Heat, then thank you 90% of PSD, the victory last night was partially yours.

theheatles
05-12-2011, 09:13 AM

you are going to be the most butt hurt bulls fan of all after the heat beat the bulls :)

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM

no way they fall behind vs chicago, if they make it there

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 09:16 AM
Ditto.

Some folks forget Knicks outplayed the Celtics two games at the Boston Garden. Took a few good bounces and some refing to make up for the fact the Celtics are done.

When the Heat play a Championship quality team .... we'll talk again.

there arent any left other than the heat lol

yanksknicks
05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_O%27Brien

Hurling?

Larry? I always forget.

yanksknicks
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
there arent any left other than the heat lol

Dallas and Chicago IMHO are.

SteBO
05-12-2011, 09:20 AM

I hate to rain on your "hate" parade (see what I did there ;))

But the old Heat is gone. I've been hearing this all year during the regular season, and it's meant what exactly? :confused: We have yet to trail series, yes, but please stop making judgments based on the regular season, because these so-called "experts" have done the same thing, and that's left them looking like complete idiots. Two different seasons man.

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 09:25 AM
Larry? I always forget.

That's how long it's been for the Knicks. :laugh2: And you know you'd be creaming your pants if they just made it out of the first round.

Me and Mr. T
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
So the Heat beat the Celtics because of the media hate? Give me a break! The Heat beat the Celtics because they were better. The Celtics are starting to show their age and are really going to need to rebuild soon. The ending of that game last night was ridiculous. Lebron kneels to the floor and starts crying? Really? Lebron, you didn't win the championship yet so save the tears.

Double_R
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
The Heat's celebration last night reminded me of the time when Lebron hit the game #2 (of the ECF) miracle buzzer beater against the Magic to tie it up at 1-1; it was like they won it all; when there is that much celebration to me it shows weakness, so we will see, but seriously with that, wow.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks haters:)

Evolution23
05-12-2011, 09:30 AM
yankee and knick fans would agree

SteBO
05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
The Heat's celebration last night reminded me of the time when Lebron hit the game #2 (of the ECF) miracle buzzer beater against the Magic to tie it up at 1-1; it was like they won it all; when there is that much celebration to me it shows weakness, so we will see, but seriously with that, wow.
How does that show weakness? :confused: They won the series, that everyone on here, mostly really, said they'd lose as well as so-called "NBA experts". It sounds like more reasons to poo-poo MIA's obstacle hurdle. Stop it already people, seriously.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 09:36 AM
The Celtics could've made this series more interesting if Rondo wasn't hurt and they didn't trade Perkins. Way to go Danny Ainge...

ilstubirds
05-12-2011, 09:38 AM
The Celtics could've made this series more interesting if Rondo wasn't hurt and they didn't trade Perkins. Way to go Danny Ainge...

Or if they would've scored a few points in the last 4:29.

sammid21
05-12-2011, 09:43 AM
i just found it ridiculous that some heat players were crying. especially Lebron, "he finally got passed the Celtics" yea it took him to team up with one of the best players in wade and a top 5-7 PF to beat an old Celtic team. they wouldnt have gotten passed the 2008 Celtics. I would understand Lebron getting emotional if he beat them while he was on the Cavs or if he was the main player on the team.

AllBall
05-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Lebron was kneeling down and giving thanks, but carry on with the hate.....

SteBO
05-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Where this crying nonsense coming from? :eyebrow:

sammid21
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Its not hate at all, whether he was crying or not, he was too dramatic, especially since boston has been a different team since the perkins trade. No excuses, i knew miami would win, never doubted it, but you got to admit that throughout his career, lebron has been overdramatic, either that or a really bad actor. Again not hating just seeing it as it is.

AllBall
05-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Its not hate at all, whether he was crying or not, he was too dramatic, especially since boston has been a different team since the perkins trade. No excuses, i knew miami would win, never doubted it, but you got to admit that throughout his career, lebron has been overdramatic, either that or a really bad actor. Again not hating just seeing it as it is.

lol, sorry the cinematic direction of the film was not to your liking Roger Ebert. We felt the wheel chair act has been done already, twisted ankles and crutches, and such has been done already.

spartanbear
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Sorry Doc I disagree. You're teams failure to execute and lack of durability and athleticism is what fueled the Heat's victory. They beat your also ran Boston Celtics in the conference semi-finals. They haven't hoisted the O'Brien yet. Relax! Well then again Doc... whatever helps you sleep at night. I guess?

NYK|NYY
05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
No. How about having Lebron and Dwade on the same team helped. Also the Celtics looked incredibly old, unable to recover during the shorter resting periods and made crucial mistakes.

Dr Cyanide 28
05-12-2011, 10:28 AM
No. How about having Lebron and Dwade on the same team helped. Also the Celtics looked incredibly old, unable to recover during the shorter resting periods and made crucial mistakes.

dude that guy in ur sig stole my dance moves wtf lol

sammid21
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
lol, sorry the cinematic direction of the film was not to your liking Roger Ebert. We felt the wheel chair act has been done already, twisted ankles and crutches, and such has been done already.

lol yea i thought that act by Pierce was ******** too. i dont like it when players overreact like that. Again i understand if Lebron does that if/when he wins a title, not just by getting by an old azz celtic team

king4day
05-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Sounds like Doc is making excuses. He's admitting his team can't beat the Heat at their best.

Avenged
05-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Sounds like Doc is making excuses. He's admitting his team can't beat the Heat at their best.

Haha, I thought the same. Dude always makes excuses when he loses.

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM

Teams in baseball celebrate with champagne after winning a goofy division title. What LeBron did was nothing compared to that.

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Heat fans (and the Heat last night) are spoodling in their pants and it isn't even June yet.

seriously? that was celebrating? I guess when your team doesnt ever win anything you may not know what celebrating is. They hugged and lebron went to one knee for a moment. Nice try buddy but thats not over celbrating for making the ECF. Wade was actually injured on the floor at the end of the game so who exactly celebrated?

Jaji
05-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree. This team had to endure so much adversity during the regular season they grew up ahead of schedule. Usually a team takes their lumps in the playoffs but they went through theirs in the regular season, thus seasoning them for a post season run. They learned to deal with the hate, the boos, the ups, the downs... things it takes some teams years to go through. Every regular season loss was like a playoff exit. That's like getting ousted 24 times. they were ready for the playoffs and its showing.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Where this crying nonsense coming from? :eyebrow:

:shrug:

sorry dude, some kids just cant help but hating

all i can say as a Celtic fan, is that they most definately earned my respect this series (except Bosh... sorry)

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 01:52 PM

They hugged and walked off the court. Maybe you need to go to youtube and watch some videos of teams after they win it all before you make an *** out of yourself here on PSD. I know watching the heat actually beat boston is something you probably really really hate but get over it. They'er in the ECF.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 01:53 PM

Didn't that "old" Boston team just sweep the Knicks? :confused:

benzni
05-12-2011, 01:58 PM
they beat the old celtics.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM

With a name like that I wouldn't expect anything else...

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 02:01 PM

Old, young, who gives a ****. Heat won, end of story. Now time for the bulls, if they can get there.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 02:01 PM

BS! Boston held Miami to 9 points their first quarter together. 9! They beat them the first 3 times this year. They were a formidable foe and this series just showed how long Miami came this year. Before everyone picked Boston to win, now Boston is "old." GTFOH!

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 02:03 PM
I like Doc because he's logical

SteBO
05-12-2011, 02:04 PM

You mean the old Celtics majority of this site said would beat us in 5 or 6 games? :eyebrow:

My, how the tables have finally turned :rolleyes: This is why I love the NBA forum.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 02:05 PM

The same old Celtics that swept a young Knicks team...:eyebrow:

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 02:07 PM
More hate being served. This time from Jason Whitlock

The Heat are no match for the Bulls . . . The Heat are going to war on a lie. OK, the word lie might be too strong. But it’s a myth the Heat demonstrated anything during the Boston series that revealed Miami as a legitimate title team . . . The popular narrative is the Bulls look terrible, particularly on offense, against an IQ-challenged Atlanta squad. I contend the Heat looked worse against a battered and helpless Boston team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Chris-Bosh-Miami-Heat-are-no-match-for-Derrick-Rose-Chicago-Bulls-051211

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 02:10 PM
YA... it was the hate!! rrrrright. not that wade and lebron 2 top 3 players in the leauge wouldnt have won any ways ? give me a break. these guys are beasts. its time to accept that its gonna be tough for any team to beat this team for as long as they are healthy and playing together. you can love them or hate them they are just that good.

jsimms92
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM

Knicks didnt have chauncy and barely had any of what stat could do plus the celtics had a two armed rondo but yeah nice try

Jaji
05-12-2011, 02:16 PM
You mean the old Celtics majority of this site said would beat us in 5 or 6 games? :eyebrow:

My, how the tables have finally turned :rolleyes: This is why I love the NBA forum.

Exactly! These guys are ridiculous.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
More hate being served. This time from Jason Whitlock

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-Dwyane-Wade-Chris-Bosh-Miami-Heat-are-no-match-for-Derrick-Rose-Chicago-Bulls-051211

It's funny someone gives an opinion you don't like and all you can do is call it hate. You must agree with me. Lol.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Knicks didnt have chauncy and barely had any of what stat could do plus the celtics had a two armed rondo but yeah nice try

They got swept dude. 4 games to ZERO.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 02:21 PM
It's funny someone gives an opinion you don't like and all you can do is call it hate. You must agree with me. Lol.

You're right, I've never quite liked inane, uninformed opinions. :D

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM

The great Chauncey Billups who is 500 years old like the Celtics? The same two armed Rondo who was down 0-2 in the series when the injury occured?

jsimms92
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
The great Chauncey Billups who is 500 years old like the Celtics? The same two armed Rondo who was down 0-2 in the series when the injury occured?

"500 year old" chauncy is a hell of an upgrade from tony douglas and way to ignore Amare not being there

oh and just to get on topic i don't think the celtics lost because of the heat hate or were too old or w.e they lost because they played against the two best players on the planet its that simple

buch88
05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Docs right.

AllBall
05-12-2011, 02:43 PM
oh and just to get on topic i don't think the celtics lost because of the heat hate or were too old or w.e they lost because they played against the two best players on the planet its that simple

Its seems a lot of you are missing the point of Doc's statements.

He says it helped the Heat, not that it was the sole reason for the series victory.

Miltstar
05-12-2011, 02:43 PM
haha it's funny listening to you guys argue.

They could still lose to any of the teams that are left. There is no clear cut dominant team this year, but if the Heat don't win it all this year they will only get better and better

BTW I am completely unbiased, I'm a Raptor fan that neither hates or loves Chris Bosh, and god its hard to be a Raptor fan right now

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Doc is right on the money. All the hate and ridiculous scrutiny and critcism helped give them a "us against the world" mentality and it galvanized the team. The media (and PSD) definitely get an assist on that one.....

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
You're right, I've never quite liked inane, uninformed opinions. :D

So you hate other peoples opinions. That must make you a "hater."

TylerSL
05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/heat-eliminate-celtics-eastern-conference-finals_n_860876.html

To the guy that said this guy was not hating. He obviously was..

"James, Wade and Ch Bo — Bosh no longer deserves full credit, since he's downgraded the Big Three to the Big 2.5 — can’t win four games against a real elite team."

Sure that guy can think the Heat wont beat the Bulls, but that was hating. This guy is also dumb as well.

"The Heat barely knocked off a Celtics team led by a one-armed point guard. Miami needed overtime Monday night and a 10-point, late-game eruption from James on Wednesday night to hold off an injury-riddled and worn Celtics squad."

It took the Heat 5 games to beat the Celtics and he says we barely knocked them off. We kicked their *****......

"With a healthy Rajon Rondo, the Celtics would’ve eliminated the Heat in the semifinals."

He says the same Celtics that got beat in every way in games 1 and 2 would beat us...

"The popular narrative is the Bulls look terrible, particularly on offense, against an IQ-challenged Atlanta squad. I contend the Heat looked worse against a battered and helpless Boston team."

This guy is just rediculous, Miami was worse against Boston than Chicago is against Atlanta?? O yea thats why Chicago is still playing and we have already won our series.... Also, he acts as if Boston was one of the worst teams in the postseason. Even tho Boston did have injuries to Shaq, and Rondo they were not helpless, they were still a very good team through and through.

"Spoelstra is going to end up putting Wade on Rose and sitting his point guards. And that’s going to put a drain on Wade’s offensive effectiveness and potentially lead to foul trouble."

minus the foul trouble part, Wade chased Allen around screens all day when the Heat played the Celtics, and Wade did pretty good (30.3 points/4.8 Assists/7.8 Rebounds/1.8 Steals per game in the series..)

"Remember when the New York Jets beat the New England Patriots to advance to the AFC Championship Game? Remember LaDainian Tomlinson crying and the Jets celebrating like they’d just won the Lombardi Trophy?

That’s how the Heat looked after finishing Boston. They turned the Boston series into a personal NBA Finals. They spent too much emotional capital on getting past a broken team. You can go to that emotional well only so many times."

This guy thinks Miami is too emotionally drained to go any farther?? Thats his opinion, not a fact like he is making it out to be....

This guy is just a bias Chicago fan, I cant wait til the ECF to play them, just so we can prove this loser wrong. It will be just like we proved Jackie MacMullen wrong, we will prove this guy wrong too.

Rego247
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
haha it's funny listening to you guys argue.

They could still lose to any of the teams that are left. There is no clear cut dominant team this year, but if the Heat don't win it all this year they will only get better and better

BTW I am completely unbiased, I'm a Raptor fan that neither hates or loves Chris Bosh, and god its hard to be a Raptor fan right now

i know bro. but in a couple of seasons when this rebuild is done, were aint gonna be anything to **** with. naw meanz.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM
You haters hear that? You all are a contributing factor to our success. Keep it up and remember, **** the heat:)

NYK4L
05-12-2011, 03:35 PM
So the Heat beat the Celtics because of the media hate? Give me a break! The Heat beat the Celtics because they were better. The Celtics are starting to show their age and are really going to need to rebuild soon. The ending of that game last night was ridiculous. Lebron kneels to the floor and starts crying? Really? Lebron, you didn't win the championship yet so save the tears.

This.

mikealike305
05-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Doc is right on the money. All the hate and ridiculous scrutiny and critcism helped give them a "us against the world" mentality and it galvanized the team. The media (and PSD) definitely get an assist on that one.....

that

Lil Half Dead
05-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh without a doubt it fueled their fire. They went from being 3 of the most liked stars, to the 3 most hated dudes in the country, as far as sports go. Everyone is against them, and they have a giant target on their back, it's exactly what they wanted. I'm sure most of us reasonable one's saw this being foreshadowed all season.

gotoHcarolina52
05-12-2011, 03:51 PM
So you hate other peoples opinions. That must make you a "hater."

Hate is the irrational extreme of dislike. I don't hate; I dislike. You, on the other hand, are irrational and extreme in your "dislike." In other words, you're a hater.

I hope that helps! :D

spartanbear
05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Its seems a lot of you are missing the point of Doc's statements.

He says it helped the Heat, not that it was the sole reason for the series victory.

I hear you but I still don't agree with his statement. It helped? Fine. But so did practice. So did superior skill and execution. So did defense and rebounding. So did two great close out performances. So did his team's utter collapses. It just feels like an excuse to me. Under that logic is he saying his team is no longer good enough to handle adversity? They turned over almost the entire bench. Dealt with health issues most of the year and we all know about the Perkins trade and how that was receive both internally and through the media. So the heat get negative media coverage they bond and rise due to the adversity. The Celts go through a decent level of adversity (not nearly as much press coverage I know but you get my point) and they fold?

This statement just feels like a throw away line after a hard fought series that ended with the better team winning and Doc didn't just leave it as a plain acknowledgement of what went wrong.

"We lost. They are the better team. Hopefully we work the bugs out and come back stronger next season." No?

The old "fuel to the fire story line" is great story telling drivel but these guys are big time competitors and extremely skilled balll players. Their stated goal was to win a championship and no amount of media attention or lack their of would have changed that.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Hate is the irrational extreme of dislike. I don't hate; I dislike. You, on the other hand, are irrational and extreme in your "dislike." In other words, you're a hater.

I hope that helps! :D

:burn:

Anilyzer
05-12-2011, 04:26 PM

*sheeeeesh*

Rose already has his excuse ready. As soon as they get behind in the series he can just say "ankle!"

Redbull
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah it motivated them, you never give possibly the two best players in the league something to make them stronger. I like what Doc Rivers said and I agree 100%.

It's not an excuse though, The Heat are a good team and they played good basketball.

Anilyzer
05-12-2011, 04:31 PM

It's something clever for Doc Rivers to say, I guess. He probably started thinking of the idea of saying this, and of what he would say to the press, after the Celtics went down 2-0, or when they got down 3-1.

So... there you go. There's your head coach. That's his big theory, and the Celtics are finished. *wheeeeeeee* The press really helped the Heat by "hating" on them. *wheeeeeee*.

In reality, who knows. If everybody would've rallied behind the Heat and showered them with love, maybe they would've been even better. Maybe they would've had to overcome a different kind of pressure, the pressure of being the overdog. Who knows.

Fact is that Boston had no chance in this series.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Doc Rivers has the worst excuses in the world.

REMEMBER " the celtics starting 5 with perkins never lost" then perkins was traded lol

now its "thank the haters for motivating the heat players" so your celtics cant beat the heat when they are motivated ?

cmon doc

Tony_Starks
05-12-2011, 04:54 PM
For those that doubt the power of extra motivation Michael Jordan was commonly known to go out of his way to look for extra things to motivate him(newspaper articles, player comments, etc..) against different teams and well .... we see how that worked out for him.

naps
05-12-2011, 05:45 PM

Since when Doc Rivers is a HEAT fan again? How is this thread a HEAT "fan" thread? You are calling out the entire fanbase for no reason here. It's Doc Rivers' comment what this thread is all about. You are baiting here but you won't get any infraction because most of the mods are mad at HEAT as well.

ElMarroAfamado
05-12-2011, 06:13 PM

8 To Go.

hahahahha

SportsFanatic10
05-12-2011, 06:17 PM
let the hate motivate!

avrpatsfan
05-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Doc Rivers is a wise man.

avrpatsfan
05-12-2011, 06:21 PM
It's something clever for Doc Rivers to say, I guess. He probably started thinking of the idea of saying this, and of what he would say to the press, after the Celtics went down 2-0, or when they got down 3-1.

So... there you go. There's your head coach. That's his big theory, and the Celtics are finished. *wheeeeeeee* The press really helped the Heat by "hating" on them. *wheeeeeee*.

In reality, who knows. If everybody would've rallied behind the Heat and showered them with love, maybe they would've been even better. Maybe they would've had to overcome a different kind of pressure, the pressure of being the overdog. Who knows.

Fact is that Boston had no chance in this series.
We had a good chance before Rondo dislocated his shoulder. All of the games after Rondo's injury were very close. You can't say that.

bedford1829
05-12-2011, 06:25 PM
I understand they beat the perennial elite of the eastern conference, however the amount of love and praise being rained onto the heat is laughable.

Why?

Individually, Lebron and DWade have advanced deeper on several diffent occasions without each other. So they've won a eastern conference semi-final with two of the greatest players of their generation teamed up together with another top-15 NBA all- star sprinkled in for good measure.

Defeating the Celtics should come with an asterisk. They defeated a Celtics team that was a shadow of their NBA finals team of last year. Their bigs were decimated because of the loss of their backup (oneal) and the
blunder of trading Perkins who was more important to the toughness and chemistry of the celtics than even the celtics had estimated. On top of this they simply looked old and they dynamic PG suffered a serious shoulder injury. Great players want to play teams and beat them at their height not at 50%.

Finally, people have lauded James closing of the series by rattling of 10 of the final points. Although great this is no greater of a performance than when he dominated the magic several seasons ago with impeccable perimeter shooting culminating In a game winning 3-pointer while constantly drawing double teaming. That James had more swagger and more game than this one.

Way too many people have celebrated a 2nd round victory against a depleted Celtic team by a squad who brashly boasted about delivering so much more before the season started.

The guttural screams of lebron in the locker room after last nights game seems like a little much from a player whose not only been here before but in fact has been much farther with less. I can almost hear the heat justifying the entire post season because they vanquished the celtics, that is if they fall short of their ultimate goal

h2r09
05-12-2011, 06:26 PM
We had a good chance before Rondo dislocated his shoulder. All of the games after Rondo's injury were very close. You can't say that.

and the 2 games before that were blowouts. rondo was making no impact in this series regardless. teams have finally figured out how to guard him. let him hang out on the perimeter and pass the ball. rondo cant shoot and he wont make any type of next step as an elite player until he becomes more than worthless as a shooter.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 06:46 PM
I understand they beat the perennial elite of the eastern conference, however the amount of love and praise being rained onto the heat is laughable.

Why?

Individually, Lebron and DWade have advanced deeper on several diffent occasions without each other. So they've won a eastern conference semi-final with two of the greatest players of their generation teamed up together with another top-15 NBA all- star sprinkled in for good measure.

Defeating the Celtics should come with an asterisk. They defeated a Celtics team that was a shadow of their NBA finals team of last year. Their bigs were decimated because of the loss of their backup (oneal) and the
blunder of trading Perkins who was more important to the toughness and chemistry of the celtics than even the celtics had estimated. On top of this they simply looked old and they dynamic PG suffered a serious shoulder injury. Great players want to play teams and beat them at their height not at 50%.

Finally, people have lauded James closing of the series by rattling of 10 of the final points. Although great this is no greater of a performance than when he dominated the magic several seasons ago with impeccable perimeter shooting culminating In a game winning 3-pointer while constantly drawing double teaming. That James had more swagger and more game than this one.

Way too many people have celebrated a 2nd round victory against a depleted Celtic team by a squad who brashly boasted about delivering so much more before the season started.

The guttural screams of lebron in the locker room after last nights game seems like a little much from a player whose not only been here before but in fact has been much farther with less. I can almost hear the heat justifying the entire post season because they vanquished the celtics, that is if they fall short of their ultimate goal

Not sure if your serious.:eyebrow:

MalZee24
05-12-2011, 08:35 PM
i would like to congratulate 85% of the laker fan base out there for inspiring the heat to keep on winning in the playoffs.

i think a special shout out goes to nickdymez, elmarro afamado, and arch stanton. good work you guys! :clap:

llemon
05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes, national hate is what caused those two difficult 3-pointers by Lebron to go through the hoop, not the fact that a guy that is too old, was too tired, and was not big enough wasn't able to contest those shots tightly enough.

bedford1829
05-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Not sure if your serious.:eyebrow:

Did you read my argument?

Wade and James have experienced greater success and deeper advancement without each other.

They held a pep rally which was "laughable" that guys like Jordan, magic and Kobe would have never done. A pep rally in which the boasted that anything short of a title would be a failure

They the defeated a Celtic team that was not only a shell of their NBA finals team of last year but also a team that because of injury, trades, and age was a shell of the team that started the season.

The heat are espns love child and they clearly cover them in a biased manner, as espn does in many cases.

I believe the heat can be historically good and I'm one person who believes there was nothing wrong with the way they assembled their team. However in the case of wade and james' reactions of winning this series, I think was a little much when they themselves set the bar so much higher. You've heard the phrase "act like you've been there before". Well, James and wade have not only been here before but thyeve been farther and without one another or a third top notch talent and they've also boasted that they expect a championship or they will feel like failures (as they should). With that being sAid, and the depleted nature of their opponent, I think the reaction/celebration should have been more tempered.

They brought these expectations on themsleves by celebrating before they won anything and I don't see the point of celebrating something that was far short of your own self imposed expectations.

Don't post criticisms or question my statements without reading their justification especially when my criticism was fair, respectful, rational, and fact based

Anilyzer
05-13-2011, 12:17 AM

First off, just fyi, Rondo dislocated his elbow. Nasty injury. But yeah, regardless, Celtics basically had no shot in this series at all. Even with Perkins they were gonna lose this series... Without Perkins, and with Shaq on the bench...

basically you're matching up Pierce vs Lebron and Wade vs Ray Allen or Rondo. Bosh vs Garnett.

I mean Wade is overwhelmingly dominating those matchups, and Lebron is too. It's just not even close.

Lakerhead4ever
05-13-2011, 12:29 AM
They would have came together eventually anyways.

dont think this made a difference

jerellh528
05-13-2011, 12:54 AM
In my personal experience, ive seen more heat bandwagoners or lebron chasers than heat haters...not calling anybody in this forum one..im just saying from people ive met or know.

hyb152
05-13-2011, 03:13 AM
i would like to congratulate 85% of the laker fan base out there for inspiring the heat to keep on winning in the playoffs.

i think a special shout out goes to nickdymez, elmarro afamado, and arch stanton. good work you guys! :clap:

LOL so true so true

Bruno
05-13-2011, 03:34 AM
It brought them together. It could have split them, they could have collapsed under the pressure. They didn't.

CavsYanksDuke
05-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Get off LeBron's *** for saying a prayer after a game, bulls fans.

Anilyzer
05-13-2011, 04:53 AM
Lebron is an IllumiNaughty, also, let's not forget. I think that was key in defeating the Celtics.

godolphins
05-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Lebron folow Skip Bayless on twitter so you know he feeds off the hate