PDA

View Full Version : What is WRONG with Boston playing Rondo so much?

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 01:38 AM
I realize Rondo is tough, penetrates to create space for his teammates, but this was just not working. Boston wasn't the same this series either way, you could argue that they were very fortunate the Knicks weren't at full health, but this move might have hurt them badly. Aside from basketball, I don't know why they'd let Rondo out there furthering a risk of injury. He made an impressive move with his one healthy arm near the basket, but he shouldn't have been needing to do that.

It's not like they NEEDED him out there to have a chance to win. Dalonte West was doing an excellent job. Personally I think West is the better player, it just doesn't show as much because of the minutes he gets, but whether you agree with that or not, you know and Doc knows, that Dalonte was very effective in this series NOT to be getting more minutes to let Rondo rest.

I'm not gonna compare the mistakes by Boston letting Rondo play to Grant Hill's doctors letting him play many years ago, but who knows what could have happened. He looked more like he HAD to be out there then just being tough.

Did Boston f up on this?

Lim
05-12-2011, 01:52 AM
if i was the coach the minute he dislocated his elbow i would have started delonte west for the rest of the series. its laughable that doc started rondo when he was playing with 1 arm in an extremely important playoff series

Gary Reasons
05-12-2011, 01:53 AM
delonte west better than Rondo ?

its the playoffs/thread

Seguin
05-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Personally I think West is the better player,

Credibility = lost

meloman1592
05-12-2011, 02:04 AM
delonte's better than rondo??? Please go delete your account

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Sorry for not drinking the kool-aid, but how about you people get back on topic.

Hustlenomics
05-12-2011, 02:06 AM
Credibility = lost

+ 1
much different game had Rondo's one arm was running the team in the fourth quarter

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 02:10 AM
+ 1
much different game had Rondo's one arm was running the team in the fourth quarter
He was in the game a lot. Why though? Delonte was doing very good all around.

Whether Delonte is better or not, fact is Rondo shouldn't have been out there that much with one arm. When you have your back-up being consistent, you better roll with it because you wanna keep your starting PG to be healthy sooner rather than later.

Jewelz0376
05-12-2011, 02:19 AM
The doctors said he couldn't hurt his elbow any more than it already was...

Besides that though I thought it was the right choice to keep West in...Rondo couldn't score and could barely make the right passes with just his one arm...The heat didn't even have to guard him at all (even less than they normally do)

Tragedy
05-12-2011, 02:36 AM
I had to stop when I saw that Delonte is BETTER than Rondo. Heh.

Thank you for the good laugh at least.

Avenged
05-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Like everyone said, Delonte better than Rondo?? Hmm..

But back to the subject.. It's the playoffs. I think we all appreciate Rondo for playing through it but it was probably a bad move. Still though, he understands that there are no excuses in the playoffs. Heart of a champion right there, and I say that as a Lakers fan.

Flashsides
05-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree in part that Delonte should have got more time over Rondo, but at the end of the day when it's the 4th quarter in a series you're losing, especially in an elimination game, you want Rondo in there to be able to run the offense. Delonte shoots well on occasion but that's about where his usefulness ends; there's a lot to be said about the intangible value of Rondo's presence on the court rather than his teammates seeing him laying, injured, on the sideline.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-12-2011, 11:10 AM
A 1 armed Rondo is still better then Delonte West running the team/ If Rondo felt he couldn't go, he wouldn't have gone.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Delonte barely played for us in the regular season. He's still trying to figure out where he's supposed to be sometimes. If you noticed, when he was in the game, he was a spark but not a consistant ignitor. Rondo was still doing a better job of running the offense so everyone could get involved. I do think West should have played more minutes than he did because we desperately needed a scoring spark, but Rondo should have been the starter and played the most minutes.

tyfreaks brotha
05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Delonte better than Rondo???? Even with 1arm he was better then West/thread

ne3xchamps
05-12-2011, 11:31 AM
I realize Rondo is tough, penetrates to create space for his teammates, but this was just not working. Boston wasn't the same this series either way, you could argue that they were very fortunate the Knicks weren't at full health, but this move might have hurt them badly. Aside from basketball, I don't know why they'd let Rondo out there furthering a risk of injury. He made an impressive move with his one healthy arm near the basket, but he shouldn't have been needing to do that.

It's not like they NEEDED him out there to have a chance to win. Dalonte West was doing an excellent job. Personally I think West is the better player, it just doesn't show as much because of the minutes he gets, but whether you agree with that or not, you know and Doc knows, that Dalonte was very effective in this series NOT to be getting more minutes to let Rondo rest.

I'm not gonna compare the mistakes by Boston letting Rondo play to Grant Hill's doctors letting him play many years ago, but who knows what could have happened. He looked more like he HAD to be out there then just being tough.

Did Boston f up on this?

Hustlenomics is going to quote you now and will be in his sig. You will regret saying that. I wonder how many more of these threads are going to come along. Same as when the lakers lost, threads all over the place with people thinking they know what is wrong or what went wrong.:facepalm:

daleja424
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
injury or no injury the heat play rondo the same way. They help off him and give him a ton of space to force him to shoot.

the injury to rondo really didnt effect the gameplan. rondo is always a perimeter liability... injured or not. When teams pack the paint rondo is ineffective. period

Hustlenomics
05-12-2011, 12:54 PM
west -14
rondo + 3
west in the fourth quarter= 14 points only for the Celtics
how the hell did he run the team so much better