PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Unique NBA Player Do You Want to See Next?

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Since the sport of basketball began, we have seen many types of different, unique basketball players in different eras. Guys with a physical combonation of strength and speed along with smart IQ skills like Lebron James Shaq, Magic Johnson, guys with pure skill like MJ, Kobe, Larry Bird, great shooters like Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, etc.

But we will always see a player that will bring a whole knew different ball game to an era of basketball whether it's from his skill set or from his physical capabilities. So my question is, what kind of player would YOU like to see that would represent a whole different breed in a basketball player.

I have a couple of ideas. My first one will probably be ridiculously un-realistic but i would love to see a player who is 7'5 with great ball handling skills, almost as fast as a player like lebron james or a fast guard, while he has a really good outside shooting game. And because of his speed, he is able to keep up with almost any player in any position as well. A huge guy with more then just big man skills.

Although what i would love to see is a guy who just shoots threes constantly, contested or not. If he averaged 20 shots a game, 18 or 19 of them would be threes. Obviously any player could just do that for ***** and giggles if they wanted to so obviously this kind of player would also have to be the most ridicules three point shooter (and what i mean by ridicules i mean by far the best shooter of all time) in the history of basketball. Also out of those 20 shots, maybe he would make 9 or 10 threes a game. With the way this kind of player would shoot, he would break the most made (and possibly attempted) three pointers in a game by his rookie year (if he were a number one option on his team).

Just a couple of my weird ideas. Can anybody else think of a player we quite have not seen yet in the NBA?

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-12-2011, 01:36 AM
a 5 ft tall center.

SANTHI
05-12-2011, 01:37 AM
a very

very

very

very

fast fat guy.

marlinsfan24
05-12-2011, 01:37 AM
An NBA player that doesn't use his hands.

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:38 AM
a 5 ft tall center.

so basically a player with Charles Barkley or Dejuan Blair skills but with ridicules strength and vertical? :cool:

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:40 AM
oh wait i just thought of another one...

a basketball player...WHO'S BLIND! That would be pretty sweet. A basketball player who relies on basketball dribble sounds or feet walking as sight.

Sadds The Gr8
05-12-2011, 01:40 AM
one of those cheapass 7"5 PG's in NBA 2K10 team-up mode, that have Derrick Rose's speed, Blake Griffin's vertical/dunking ability,Ray Allen's shooting stoke, and Chris Paul's ballhandling abilities.

NetsPaint
05-12-2011, 01:41 AM
An elite player not concerned about money because he's rich anyway.

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:42 AM
one of those cheapass 7"5 PG's in NBA 2K10 team-up, that have Derrick Rose's speed, Blake Griffin's vertical/dunking, and Chris Paul's ballhandling abilities.

He better be able to dunk on a 16 foot rim if he existed XD.

disgruntledbull
05-12-2011, 01:43 AM
a healthy version of yao

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:43 AM
An elite player not concerned about money because he's rich anyway.

Tim Duncan is probably the closest to that. I think he took a huge paycut on one of his extensions for the Spurs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-12-2011, 01:44 AM
so basically a player with Charles Barkley or Dejuan Blair skills but with ridicules strength and vertical? :cool:

Yup. With a diet consisting of baked children.

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Yup. With a diet consisting of baked children.

:laugh:

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-12-2011, 01:47 AM
But seriously, Dwight's length and athleticism combined with the offensive ability and shooting touch of Dirk.

That would be a billion dollar player right there.

nolin
A 8ft 235 pound center

NetsPaint
A player who breakdances during games to distract the opposing team and also tells them jokes and sing songs.

mdm692
05-12-2011, 01:49 AM
Tim Duncan is probably the closest to that. I think he took a huge paycut on one of his extensions for the Spurs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
yup as did nash and hill those 3guys probably it

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:49 AM
A player who breakdances during games to distract the opposing team and also tells them jokes and sing songs.

Was not an NBA player, but close enough. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q)

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:51 AM
But seriously, Dwight's length and athleticism combined with the offensive ability and shooting touch of Dirk.

That would be a billion dollar player right there.

Don't forget stuff like ball handling skills and speed. Those little things would 100% make him the most dominate basketball player to grace the earth.

ChI_ShIzzLe
05-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Don't forget stuff like ball handling skills and speed. Those little things would 100% make him the most dominate basketball player to grace the earth.

Well I'm being realistic, can't expect someone with that kind of size to have great ball-handling skills. Either way, that would undoubtedly be the best player in the world when you combine Dwight & Dirk.

JNA17
05-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Well I'm being realistic, can't expect someone with that kind of size to have great ball-handling skills. Either way, that would undoubtedly be the best player in the world when you combine Dwight & Dirk.

true

Bullsfan22
05-12-2011, 03:48 AM
honestly I'd love to see another kareem type player that has this one dominant move that he's perfected that nobody can stop.

I'd love to see an averaged sized point guard with unbelievable strength and the post moves/footwork of hakeem...that would be just flat out nasty.

210Don
05-12-2011, 04:04 AM
overweight pg

jmeeks42
05-12-2011, 04:16 AM
A player with the body of Muggsy Bogues and the dominant interior game of Shaq.

Savage Sunday
05-12-2011, 04:35 AM

Actually there is a guy on the way who is a mix of Dwight & Dirk, his name is Isaiah Austin. People questioned what happened to the Center position in the NBA, and ironically in the same class of 2012 we have the best 2 Center prospects in a very long time coming out in Andre Drummond and Isaiah Austin.

He hasnt developed his body yet, but hes 16.

Kid is going to be a force one day. + He rocks Goggles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSVCss90BRM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH17Yvfp0zA

Did I mention he said that doctors said he could be 7'3 by the time hes finished growing?