PDA

View Full Version : Heat shot 47 more FTs then the Celtics in this series.

xnick5757
05-11-2011, 09:41 PM
granted lebron and wade drive a lot, but so do pierce and rondo. just saying

FriedTofuz
05-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Lebron and wade are one of the best people in the league at getting to the free throw line.

DQL
05-11-2011, 09:43 PM
here we go again

Wade_County
05-11-2011, 09:43 PM
add another one to the excuse list.

StriveGreatness
05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
So? Wade and LeBron drive to the hoop very well.

daleja424
And earned every one of them. GET OVER IT

The hate just never stops around here.

still1ballin
If its like this in the next series with the Bulls then something is wrong.

hugepatsfan
so now it begins... ugh

Sadds The Gr8
not surprising at all...everyone knew the refs would jock Lebron and Wade when they joined forces.

210Don
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
not surprising at all...everyone knew the refs would jock Lebron and Wade when they joined forces.

this.

godolphins
05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
:pity:
Get over it

koreancabbage
oh come, look at all the jump shots Boston took. All Wade and Lebron did was drive towards the basket on most plays. only person who really drove was Pierce.

Detroit's Time
Come on man. Go out with some class. Boston was outplayed this entire series. Don't try to pin this on the refs. Absolutely pathetic.

dnewguy
If the refs called every foul, we'll probably double that.

jneises21
05-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Just accept your team got outplayed

idrinkpepsi
05-11-2011, 09:47 PM
:mad:

post it in the Heat forum or in the Celtics if your mad.

Wade_County
05-11-2011, 09:49 PM
The Heat also won 3 more games in the series then the Celtics.

lol

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 09:50 PM
The Celtics committed a combined 10 more personal fouls for the ENTIRE series. You have LeBron and Wade, who attack, attack, attack, versus the C's, who have Pierce who attacks here and there.

Why is this still an excuse? Honestly. The Heat will probably win the FTA battle in every series they ever play. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE PLAYERS WHO DRAW FOULS.

xnick5757
05-11-2011, 09:51 PM
The Heat also won 3 more games in the series then the Celtics.

lol

heat scored 22 more pts then the celtics this series
47 more free throws

jneises21
05-11-2011, 09:51 PM
The Celtics committed a combined 10 more personal fouls for the ENTIRE series. You have LeBron and Wade, who attack, attack, attack, versus the C's, who have Pierce who attacks here and there.

Why is this still an excuse? Honestly. The Heat will probably win the FTA battle in every series they ever play. Why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE PLAYERS WHO DRAW FOULS.

Agreed...Derrick Rose vs Wade and Lebron should be close though ;)

Wade_County
05-11-2011, 09:52 PM
heat scored 22 more pts then the celtics this series
47 more free throws

and then?

PatsSoxKnicks
05-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Lebron and Wade also attack the rim constantly whereas the Celtics shoot a lot of jump shots (the only person who really drives is Pierce). Naturally, the team that attacks the basket more is going to shoot more free throws....

Master Mind
05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
:pity:

unleashthebeast
05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
o here we go.... winners win, losers make excuses. we won guys, granted there were some close moments, but we won. just move on

IndiansFan337
05-11-2011, 09:54 PM
The Heat were more aggressive and got out on the fast break more often.

That's the bottom line. There is no conspiracy to explain the FT differential.

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 09:54 PM
LOL.

There is no doubt that the FT's and no calls raise eyebrows. What David Stern knows is that there are enough morons on the planet who will be blinded by these type of statistics and continue to watch the NBA. So they're going to keep making money. As for me, and some other smarter fans? I'll stick to the 3 sports that are legit, fun to watch, and not controlled by the refs nonstop. The NBA is laughable in all forms and has been for a number of years. I feel badly for some of the fans who do not see it.

Htownballa1622
05-11-2011, 09:55 PM

This.

Series over. On to the next one.

Wade_County
05-11-2011, 09:57 PM
LOL.

There is no doubt that the FT's and no calls raise eyebrows. What David Stern knows is that there are enough morons on the planet who will be blinded by these type of statistics and continue to watch the NBA. So they're going to keep making money. As for me, and some other smarter fans? I'll stick to the 3 sports that are legit, fun to watch, and not controlled by the refs nonstop. The NBA is laughable in all forms and has been for a number of years. I feel badly for some of the fans who do not see it.

Im curious, which 3 sports are you talking about?

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Im curious, which 3 sports are you talking about?
NHL, then MLB, and then NFL.

redsox0717
LOL.

This. It's obvious the Heat drove the ball more, but when Paul Pierce and Dwayne Wade do the pretty much exact play and they give Wade the benefit of the doubt over and over and fail to extend the same treatment to the Celtic's players, it changes the entire game- Including driving less because what is the point if you aren't getting the same calls as the other team. It's not just bad refereeing, it's blatant bias.

Slimsim
Haha Now Celtics complaining about officiating . wasn't complaining in the first round. Get over it

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 09:59 PM
LOL.

I consider myself an intelligent NBA fan, and I don't agree with you. At all.

shizzle09
Because the celtics are older and slower. They're alot easier to defend then wade and Lebron obviously. If they called every foul in a game they would have Alot more ft's. So many. Celtics lost. You can't win em all.

xnick5757
especially near the end of the game on a few of pierce's drives he got hammered

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 10:00 PM
This. It's obvious the Heat drove the ball more, but when Paul Pierce and Dwayne Wade do the pretty much exact play and they give Wade the benefit of the doubt over and over and fail to extend the same treatment to the Celtic's players, it changes the entire game- Including driving less because what is the point if you aren't getting the same calls as the other team. It's not just bad refereeing, it's blatant bias.
Clearly.

And any team that wins never wants to admit it. Heat fans say we're being sore losers, and then if they were to lose a series and be out FT'd that many times, they'd complain. It's kind of a funny circle for fans. I just instead like to believe that this league is always fixed in the Playoffs. They made sure the Celtics won it in 2008, and now they're making sure the Heat win.

JordansBulls
Boston choked this series away it is as simple as that.

NYKnicksAllDay
Seriously I hate the Heat, but this is ridiculous. Heat outplayed the Celtics, with the exception of Game 3. The Heat are the better team.

Geargo Wallace
05-11-2011, 10:01 PM

they have LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Those guys get lots of freethrows. That's definitely a category that you'd expect them to dominate. about 10ish more free throws per game sounds right considering how amazing LeBron and Wade's drives are.

JB0B0
:facepalm:

BALLER71
LOL.

Jeez dude, really?
One of Boston's best player literally played with one arm. Pierce got into foul trouble and was generally ineffective for long periods of time throughout the series.
I wonder why there was a free throw disparity...

Wade_County

LMAO, you might be correct about the NHL and MLB, but you saying the NFL is laughable.

And there could even be a debate about MLB with strike/ball calls.

Tragedy
Haha Now Celtics complaining about officiating . wasn't complaining in the first round. Get over it
But you were. All Knicks fans were. And they were right.

Like I said, any time a persons preferred team gets the treatment with the FT's, they're not going to complain. The Knicks got screwed in the first round - Everyone saw that - And everyone said it - Except Celtics fans. Now the second round comes, and the Celtics get screwed, the Heat get all the calls, and now many people, including Celtics fans, see it.

Those that win ignore it. It's only when you lose when people realize it. I've seen it for a while now, win or lose.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-11-2011, 10:02 PM

But the officiating in the Knicks series was good. And I'm sure you were one of the people telling Knicks fans to "get over it". But now? :cry:

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 10:02 PM
LMAO, you might be correct about the NHL and MLB, but you saying the NFL is laughable.
Hell of a lot better officiated than this garbage. It's not perfect; They make some garbage calls. But the NBA is laughable nonstop. Thus the disparity in FT's; Refs get to control games as much as they want. Just like when Pierce got ejected - They can control what they want, and the NBA Execs continue to put more control in the Refs 's hands.

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Jeez dude, really?
One of Boston's best player literally played with one arm. Pierce got into foul trouble and was generally ineffective for long periods of time throughout the series.
I wonder why there was a free throw disparity...
Right. Except for the fact that LeBron didn't even get his first foul until the THIRD quarter.

It's the NBA, as usual, catering to their superstars. That's what they do.

PatsSoxKnicks
05-11-2011, 10:04 PM
But you were. All Knicks fans were. And they were right.

Like I said, any time a persons preferred team gets the treatment with the FT's, they're not going to complain. The Knicks got screwed in the first round - Everyone saw that - And everyone said it - Except Celtics fans. Now the second round comes, and the Celtics get screwed, the Heat get all the calls, and now many people, including Celtics fans, see it.

Those that win ignore it. It's only when you lose when people realize it. I've seen it for a while now, win or lose.

Well I have to give you props for staying consistent, which is more then some of the other Celts fans can say.

I personally don't think the refs made a difference in the Knicks-Celts or Celts-Heat series but I respect your opinion for staying consistent.

xnick5757
05-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Well I have to give you props for staying consistent, which is more then some of the other Celts fans can say.

I personally don't think the refs made a difference in the Knicks-Celts or Celts-Heat series but I respect your opinion for staying consistent.

winning the series by a combined 22 pts and shooting 47 more FTs isn't a difference made by the refs?

StriveGreatness
LOL.

Yeah, let's **** on David Stern when Gary Bettman may be worse than Stern. That ****er should not be in control of the NHL. The officiating in the NHL is pretty bad if you actually watch it. Gary Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to hockey...he's a money driven coward.

Hawkeye15
Right. Except for the fact that LeBron didn't even get his first foul until the THIRD quarter.

you are an ex-mod, so I can only assume you are a rational poster. Please explain to me how a team that penetrates with aggressiveness, doesn't get more FT opportunites, despite the foul discrepancy for the entire series being only 10 more fouls for the C's.

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Yeah, let's **** on David Stern when Gary Bettman may be worse than Stern. That ****er should not be in control of the NHL. The officiating in the NHL is pretty bad if you actually watch it. Gary Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to hockey...he's a money driven coward.
Bettman is a complete moron. I think he's so stupid that even if he wanted to fix NHL games, he wouldn't know what to do.

I watch the NHL. I do not believe it's fixed at all. If it was, we would have seen teams like San Jose further than they get every year. They always implode.

BALLER71
05-11-2011, 10:07 PM

Do you think Lebron played extremely aggressively on defense to the point where he deserved to be in foul trouble? I didn't see that, what I did see is him gambling on the passing lanes but that doesn't lead to fouls.

I think its BS and unfair that the Heat beat the 76ers and people complain about foul disparity and same for the Boston series. These are the two best players at getting to the line and Bosh gets fouled a lot as well.

ewing
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
The celtic lost. They had there chances. That said, I think Wade initiates contact and gets calls more then any star in the league. With his speed and ability to change direction its almost impossible not wistled when he gets alittle out of control. When you add on the fact that super athletic superstars often get the benifit of the doubt it becomes real hard not to foul. I think the Celtics actually got more respect playing them tight then any team will from here on out. West was all over Wade and PP laid his body on Bron a good bit too. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a free shooting contest like it did in 06. Right now though the Heat just beat 2 teams. They didn't need help

Master Mind
05-11-2011, 10:09 PM
#winning

D Roses Bulls
05-11-2011, 10:09 PM
That's quite a bit more.

Wade_County
05-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Hell of a lot better officiated than this garbage. It's not perfect; They make some garbage calls. But the NBA is laughable nonstop. Thus the disparity in FT's; Refs get to control games as much as they want. Just like when Pierce got ejected - They can control what they want, and the NBA Execs continue to put more control in the Refs 's hands.

Give me a break, Holding happens on almost every play in the NFL but officials call it when they want to, for the most part. Pass interference is debatable on 3/4 of the calls they make, etc etc. For the most part its the same as foul calls in the NBA.

If boston took the ball into the paint and stopped shooting perimeter jumpers they would have had more free throws.

icej
05-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Hahaha, another sour griping thread. :D

Stop already, and move on. Life is great!

PatsSoxKnicks
05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
winning the series by a combined 22 pts and shooting 47 more FTs isn't a difference made by the refs?

Oh, ok I get it. There were no bad calls in the Celts-Knicks series (Toney Douglas is a klutz :rolleyes:) but in the Heat-Celts series, the Heat were clearly winning because of the refs :rolleyes:

Lebron and Wade were 5th and 6th in the league in FTA during the season. Pierce was the Celts biggest driver and he was 17th. I think its pretty obvious why one team shot so many more free throws....

The Heat drive to the basket much more and the Celts shoot more jump shots.

But hey, since the Celts lost, its ok to cry about the refs but when the Celts get the benefits (such as round 1), there's nothing going on. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
everyone does know, in the 5 game series, the foul difference was only +10 for the Celtics, right? That is 2 fouls more a game the C's committed.

sep11ie
05-11-2011, 10:15 PM
How many more 12-15 ft jumpers did KG settle for instead of taking the ball inside?
That's a number Id concetrate on if I was a Celtics fan.

John Walls Era
05-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Doesnt help when 3 of their stars are jump shooters and another is afraid of shooting fts

IrespectNumber3
05-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Winning #

Kashmir13579
05-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh, ok I get it. There were no bad calls in the Celts-Knicks series (Toney Douglas is a klutz :rolleyes:) but in the Heat-Celts series, the Heat were clearly winning because of the refs :rolleyes:

Lebron and Wade were 5th and 6th in the league in FTA during the season. Pierce was the Celts biggest driver and he was 17th. I think its pretty obvious why one team shot so many more free throws....

The Heat drive to the basket much more and the Celts shoot more jump shots.

But hey, since the Celts lost, its ok to cry about the refs but when the Celts get the benefits (such as round 1), there's nothing going on. :rolleyes:
classic.

CHANGO
05-11-2011, 10:19 PM

Rondo???? Are you saying RONDO?? The same who shot only 5 shots in the 5th game? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PatsSoxKnicks

Ok, I'd like you to answer this though: if the NBA is fixed and Stern is the big puppet master behind it, why are the Lakers sitting at home right now?

Let's be honest here, from a ratings stand point (and popularity), it makes sense to have the Lakers in the finals. They're a gold mine for Stern. They have history, they have great players and they have a huge fan base. And yet, they are sitting at home right now. And their series wasn't even close.

If the NBA is fixed, why are the Lakers sitting at home?

Wade>You
A team with Wade, LBJ, Bosh (and 6 other players) shot more FTs than the other team?

Those 3 never reach the free line before in their careers. And any player on the Miami Heat never deserves to reach the line.

This is a travesty!!!!

CHANGO
05-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Keep crying! Haters gonna Hate!

Tanakid777
05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm not a fan of either team, but I did watch the games. There will always be questionable calls, but they typically even out by game's end. If you watch the games, you'll see that the Heat players were clearly fouled on these individual plays. This is the only way to view fouls objectively. Box scores, when used as the only point of reference, are analyst tools for people who don't know the game.

oak2455
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Congrats Heat fans you won plain and simple.....move on:D

Sadds The Gr8
05-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Ok, I'd like you to answer this though: if the NBA is fixed and Stern is the big puppet master behind it, why are the Lakers sitting at home right now?

Let's be honest here, from a ratings stand point (and popularity), it makes sense to have the Lakers in the finals. They're a gold mine for Stern. They have history, they have great players and they have a huge fan base. And yet, they are sitting at home right now. And their series wasn't even close.

that's a good point. i don't think the NBA is exactly fixed, but i think they definitely choose favourites and superstars/big name teams have refs skewed in their advantage. i'd rather them run a league where everything is fair and even.

mjt20mik
05-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Rondo???? Are you saying RONDO?? The same who shot only 5 shots in the 5th game? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yeah the same dude who played with a dislocated elbow. Bandwagon fans are funny.

All things aside the Heat played very well. You could see that Boston were just out of sync for the majority of the series. Grats to the Heat.

kntresistheheat
05-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Who cares??? We won!!

StriveGreatness
05-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Bettman is a complete moron. I think he's so stupid that even if he wanted to fix NHL games, he wouldn't know what to do.

I watch the NHL. I do not believe it's fixed at all. If it was, we would have seen teams like San Jose further than they get every year. They always implode.

You do realize that Gary Bettman was tutored by Stern on how to run a league? So you believe that Stern fixes games but not Bettman when Bettman was tutored by Stern? They're all about the money. Every commissioner is. I do believe that Bettman has fixed games and will continue to fix games.

CountSackula
05-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Cry, cry, cry

Big Zo
05-11-2011, 10:29 PM
The Celtics are 500 years old. Just saying...

mjt20mik
05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
The Celtics are 500 years old. Just saying...

True story.

CHANGO
05-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Yeah the same dude who played with a dislocated elbow. Bandwagon fans are funny.

All things aside the Heat played very well. You could see that Boston were just out of sync for the majority of the series. Grats to the Heat.

HATERSSSSS gonna hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :cry:

fadedmario
05-11-2011, 10:31 PM

still1ballin
05-11-2011, 10:31 PM
Who cares??? We won!!

Of course you don't care but if the Celtics shot 44+ FT's than your Heat, you would of been here *****ing and complaining.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-11-2011, 10:34 PM
To Bulls fans that are complaining as much if not more than the Celtic fans, get ready because the same **** is gonna happen to you. We're obviously gonna get more FTAs so brace yourselves because thats one part of the series i guarantee we will have the advantage in. The refs wont be on our side, its just the way we play.

mjt20mik
05-11-2011, 10:34 PM
HATERSSSSS gonna hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :cry:

I know right. Funny thing is, if you were here for some time you would know that I like the Heat and Wade is one of my favorite players.

Just saying champ :).

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Of course you don't care but if the Celtics shot 44+ FT's than your Heat, you would of been here *****ing and complaining.

That would never happen because we attack relentlessly. 4th qrt, they stopped attacking completely...

Hustlenomics
05-11-2011, 10:35 PM

this

YoungOne
05-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Boston choked this series away it is as simple as that.

that sums it up perfectly. Hard to admit that :(

still1ballin
05-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I cannot wait to see Rose attack the basket. The FTA's should be very similar next round.

LayZbone
05-11-2011, 10:37 PM

So you think that Boston's players are just as efficient at drawing contact and should have the same amount of FTA as Miami every game? Do you realize that Lebron, Wade and Bosh have always been in the top 10 in FTA throughout their careers? They're some of the best in the NBA at drawing contact, along with Dwight, Durant, etc.

Get it through your head people. FTA disparities aren't directly linked to bad officiating. They occur because one team is more aggressive at attacking the paint than the other, and when that team has players that actually seek out contact rather than trying to avoid it. Lebron and Wade have that sense of reckless dominance, they don't care if they sacrifice their bodies every night. Lebron's a physical specimen, so he gets hacked and it no big deal. But Wade's style of play has lead to injury problems throughout his career. He doesn't care, he's still going to attack. Bosh is really quick for a 4, good off the dribble, good w/ up-and-unders and pump fakes. They're all really tough covers.

dhopisthename
05-11-2011, 10:39 PM

yes i would because we have the two of the best drivers in the game in wade and lebron while boston is more a shooting team.

Big Zo
05-11-2011, 10:39 PM
I cannot wait to see Rose attack the basket. The FTA's should be very similar next round.

Derrick Rose still has to get there first.

Arch Stanton
05-11-2011, 10:44 PM
You can't breath on D.Wade or LeBron. Even though most of there baskets are obtained through charges. Except they get the "superstar" call. Where most players get the charge call.

godolphins
05-11-2011, 10:50 PM
Cool story bro

CHANGO
05-11-2011, 10:50 PM
i know right. Funny thing is, if you were here for some time you would know that i like the heat and wade is one of my favorite players.

Just saying champ :).

we are in the conference finals! Boston??? Nooopeee!

DROSE4MVP
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Who cares? Boston settled for jumpshots and Miami drove to the paint. You can't draw fouls when you're shooting jumpers! I don't like to defend Miami as they do sometimes get some suspect calls, but it's simple logic... Boston didn't drive to the paint enough.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 10:56 PM
So you think that Boston's players are just as efficient at drawing contact and should have the same amount of FTA as Miami every game? Do you realize that Lebron, Wade and Bosh have always been in the top 10 in FTA throughout their careers? They're some of the best in the NBA at drawing contact, along with Dwight, Durant, etc.

Get it through your head people. FTA disparities aren't directly linked to bad officiating. They occur because one team is more aggressive at attacking the paint than the other, and when that team has players that actually seek out contact rather than trying to avoid it. Lebron and Wade have that sense of reckless dominance, they don't care if they sacrifice their bodies every night. Lebron's a physical specimen, so he gets hacked and it no big deal. But Wade's style of play has lead to injury problems throughout his career. He doesn't care, he's still going to attack. Bosh is really quick for a 4, good off the dribble, good w/ up-and-unders and pump fakes. They're all really tough covers.

extremely accurate post here. There is a reason everyone and their mother knew the Heat would control the FTA's in the playoffs nearly a year ago. They simply have 2 players who know how to draw fouls on the drive.

You can *****, whine, and come up with whatever excuses you want. The actual foul difference was minimal between both teams. Boston had 10 more fouls total than the Heat. With a PG who refuses to draw a foul, KG shooting 16 footers, Allen chucking 3's, and Pierce putting the ball on the floor once every 10 possessions.

Continue complaining about it, we all knew this was coming. Shooting fouls happen when you sign 2 of the highest foul draw rate players. Get over it.

The Flash
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Who cares? Boston settled for jumpshots and Miami drove to the paint. You can't draw fouls when you're shooting jumpers! I don't like to defend Miami as they do sometimes get some suspect calls, but it's simple logic... Boston didn't drive to the paint enough.

Rose gets a lot of calls too

DROSE4MVP
05-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Rose gets a lot of calls too

I never said Miami gets all the calls, I just said some of the calls they get are a little suspect and or just little touch fouls. It's called superstar calls and the Heat have two superstars, so their going to get some calls.

SteBO
05-11-2011, 11:01 PM

LayZBone, you just saved me the time of explaining this to people that just wanna rain on Miami's parade because of petty hatred. Excellent post! :clap:

ElMarroAfamado
05-11-2011, 11:03 PM
8 More to go.

hahaa

kntresistheheat
05-11-2011, 11:07 PM

Who cares?? We won!!

Wait! You are a bulls/lakers/heat fan?? Don't tell me no, because I have seen you in our forum cheering for the heat in the past and it's obvious you are a laker fan and now your cheering for the bulls?

P.s I would be complaining about the refs :)

Tony_Starks
05-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Im sure the fact that Miami is young and athletic and Boston is old and crippled had nothing to do with the free throw disparity......

hugepatsfan
05-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Celtics fans: STFU!!! MIA got more FTs because they're more aggressive. Sure, star calls are a part of it. But that's no different than KG getting away w/ his dirty **** and all of his illegal screens. Those are star calls that help us, even though they don't show up in FT numbers.

MIA fans: Just ignore it. You know that most of your fans would be *****ing too if they lost the series. There's no need to respond and continue the follishness.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 11:14 PM
Celtics fans: STFU!!! MIA got more FTs because they're more aggressive. Sure, star calls are a part of it. But that's no different than KG getting away w/ his dirty **** and all of his illegal screens. Those are star calls that help us, even though they don't show up in FT numbers.

MIA fans: Just ignore it. You know that most of your fans would be *****ing too if they lost the series. There's no need to respond and continue the follishness.

Truth and wisdom. :clap:

More-Than-Most
05-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Not a heat lover or a James fan and I was saying the same thing after the sixers series. That being said my tune has changed. I am not sure even the bulls can stop the heat to be honest. We all gave them **** during the regular season because of how they started and because of their lack of depth but they have stepped up and beat a good team in the sixers and a really good but old team in the celtics. They deserve a hand to be honest and not continual threads about a bunch of conspiracy theories downplaying how good they have been.

Tragedy
05-11-2011, 11:22 PM
To Bulls fans that are complaining as much if not more than the Celtic fans, get ready because the same **** is gonna happen to you. We're obviously gonna get more FTAs so brace yourselves because thats one part of the series i guarantee we will have the advantage in. The refs wont be on our side, its just the way we play.
Damn, I agreed with you 'til the end. No doubt you guys will get more FT's - I can put money on that. But sadly, it IS because of the refs. But we can pretend and just say "LeBron and Wade are so good at going inside!"

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Not a heat lover or a James fan and I was saying the same thing after the sixers series. That being said my tune has changed. I am not sure even the bulls can stop the heat to be honest. We all gave them **** during the regular season because of how they started and because of their lack of depth but they have stepped up and beat a good team in the sixers and a really good but old team in the celtics. They deserve a hand to be honest and not continual threads about a bunch of conspiracy theories downplaying how good they have been.

Wow, this post oozes class and rationality. I did not expect to read something like this on PSD tonight. :cheers:

CHANGO
05-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Is still a ray of hope in PSD! Thank you! :clap::clap:

apocalypse15
05-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I have read through a lot of posts and nobody mentioned the Rondo injury. I think that was the biggest difference in this series. A healthy Rondo = at least a game 7 or 6 or even Celts winning in 6 or 7. The Heat beat us and I'm not afraid to admit it. Why did Lebron act as if he won the championship? Crying? Kneeling to one knee?

Rego247
05-11-2011, 11:34 PM
I have read through a lot of posts and nobody mentioned the Rondo injury. I think that was the biggest difference in this series. A healthy Rondo = at least a game 7 or 6 or even Celts winning in 6 or 7. The Heat beat us and I'm not afraid to admit it. Why did Lebron act as if he won the championship? Crying? Kneeling to one knee?

haha ya that was funny. someone tell lebron hes been to the finals, this is nothing new for him.

The Flash

Maybe because it meant a lot to him. He left Cleveland after losing to Boston last year.

cbreezy34
If no one else is gonna say it I am... the Sixers gave the Heat just as tough of a series as the Celtics did. Minus game 2 every game was within 1 in the final 3 minutes of the game...

valade16
05-11-2011, 11:35 PM

If the refs are catering to their stars shouldn't LeBron have gotten a call before the 3rd quarter?..

Watching this series as a non-biased fan I'll say Wade got some weak fouls, but no more than he nor most other superstars get.

But the real reason the FT disparity was so high was because the Heat were aggressive and the Celtics were lethargic all series. The Celtics didn't show much fight nor desire and they settled too much.

By the way, this playoffs, Nowitzki has probably gotten the most weak fouls, some I'm not even sure there was contact!

Jaji
05-11-2011, 11:36 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

:laugh:

12evolution 9
05-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh shut up, you ****** and ****** about the refs when anything doesn't go the Heat's way (although that never happened this series) but when it goes the Heat's way you say 'get over it.' No wonder you aren't a mod anymore, you are the worst poster on PSD.

Yo Team Shot Jay's fool. Maybe drive it in the whole forth quarter and you will get some foul calls fool.

Jaji
05-11-2011, 11:38 PM

C's were 0-2 with a healthy Rondo.

ABOMB_56
05-11-2011, 11:40 PM

Exercised some personal demons? Boston has been his (and Wade's) road block for the past few years. I don't see how this was a bad thing at all. Lebron is emotionally invested in this team and it showed tonight.

hugepatsfan
05-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Does there need to be an official *****ing thread after EVERY ****ing series!?!?!?

305sportsfan
05-11-2011, 11:43 PM

And there could even be a debate about MLB with strike/ball calls.

Agreed, this just made me think about that Dolphins Steelers game this past season, where Ben R. fumbled the ball, and clearly didn't recover it, but they credited him with the TD... The only thing the refs do in hockey is break up the fights, and bring the occasional stoppage to the game. Sure you could always argue some offside calls, or suspensions for hits to the head, like in the NFL, but people just wont ever be happy!

Honestly if the refs called every foul the West coast would miss the start of their game, and it keeps the games closer when the fouls are called at the refs discretion.

Jaji
05-11-2011, 11:48 PM
Miami won 3 more games than Boston in this series also. Let's make a thread about that too! :dance:

Sadds The Gr8
05-11-2011, 11:50 PM

i know what a ****face. that was so extra....

apocalypse15
05-11-2011, 11:52 PM
C's were 0-2 with a healthy Rondo.

1-2? Considering he played 75% of game 3. Either way Rondo trumps all the other PG's on the floor. Besides injury I felt the Celts didn't trust their bench. West played mainly because of Rondo's injury, and who was our center? Again, the Heat beat us and not ashamed of it. They have two of the best players on the planet. One other thing is the Heat better win the Championship... Beating the Boston Celtics isn't enough but it seems to be by the reaction of Lebron. Celts had the right team but, the injuries killed us. Look on their sideline the whole game. Players being stretched and iced. Perfect timing for the Heat to beat us.

Hellcrooner
05-11-2011, 11:53 PM
star calls.

the elague is filled with them

so if you got three stars you get thirce thrice the calls.

heat are winning, as scripted theres no way to deny them unless stern wants to compensate mavs for 06.

justinnum1
05-11-2011, 11:57 PM
i hope chicago/atlanta fans gets ready for this...heat gonna get the calls, happens when you have 2 of the top 3 players in the league.

Master Mind
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
star calls.

the elague is filled with them

so if you got three stars you get thirce thrice the calls.

heat are winning, as scripted theres no way to deny them unless stern wants to compensate mavs for 06.

LMAO @ the Ronaldo dive!!!! :laugh2:

apocalypse15
05-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Exercised some personal demons? Boston has been his (and Wade's) road block for the past few years. I don't see how this was a bad thing at all. Lebron is emotionally invested in this team and it showed tonight.

BUT..... The ultimate goal is a CHAMPIONSHIP. Not making the conference finals. Lebron quit against the Celtics while playing for the Cavs because he had nobody else. Without Wade this doesn't happen. He knew alone he could not beat the Celtics just like Wade couldn't. Celtics may be a stepping stone right now but it feels good. Saying the Celtics built the blueprint for what he did. Then again didn't we trade away players, future, draft picks, and paid contracts for the big 3? Miami signed all 3 which is MUCH easier than what the C's did. Maybe we started a trend but, we did it in a whole different style..

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:03 AM
BUT..... The ultimate goal is a CHAMPIONSHIP. Not making the conference finals. Lebron quit against the Celtics while playing for the Cavs because he had nobody else. Without Wade this doesn't happen. He knew alone he could not beat the Celtics just like Wade couldn't. Celtics may be a stepping stone right now but it feels good. Saying the Celtics built the blueprint for what he did. Then again didn't we trade away players, future, draft picks, and paid contracts for the big 3? Miami signed all 3 which is MUCH easier than what the C's did. Maybe we started a trend but, we did it in a whole different style..

I think Lebron was physically, mentally, and emotionally drained facing the Celtics last post season. But today was indeed a feat, defeat the reigning EC champs. Now the next feat is the finals....

Hangtime
05-12-2011, 12:07 AM

I don't think it was a display of arrogance because the path got easier. It was emotional for him because this was a team that whupped his *** twice in the playoffs. Boston was a champion and I think he had a huge amount of respect for them so it meant a lot to beat that team and he came through in a big way doing it. Quieting his critics along the way. He got the gorilla off his back and he broke down. They know they have their work cut out for them.

SwaggaIke
05-12-2011, 12:10 AM
This is a pathetic thead. Boston was consistently outplayed in the moments that mattered most in this series.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:12 AM

Come on he got a huge monkey off his back. They know there is a lot more basketball to be played.

BTW... LeBron went to the Heat as part of a sign and trade.

The Heat sent Cleveland two first-round draft picks and two second-round picks, as well as a large trade exception, for James. The first-round picks could be between 2013 and 2017. The second-round picks are in 2012 (acquired from New Orleans) and a future pick acquired from Oklahoma City. For some reason, the Cavs will have the option to swap 2012 first-round picks with the Heat as well. The trade exception can be used within one year.

4 draft picks isn't just peanuts. Not to mention the Beasley trade and all the others to free up cap space. Just saying.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:13 AM
I think Lebron was physically, mentally, and emotionally drained facing the Celtics last post season. But today was indeed a feat, defeat the reigning EC champs. Now the next feat is the finals....

No ECF? :laugh2:

Fmaranesi
05-12-2011, 12:14 AM
The Heat average 28 free throws a game in the regular season, they are averaging 29 free throw attempts in the playoffs. This has been there game the entire year, attack and get free throws. Have some of you just been watching basketball in the playoffs??? The heat will continue to average 28-29 free throws a game because they stay attacking the rim.
:D

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:15 AM
No ECF? :laugh2:

Well that too :p

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:15 AM
The Heat average 28 free throws a game in the regular season, they are averaging 29 free throw attempts in the playoffs. This has been there game the entire year, attack and get free throws. Have some of you just been watching basketball in the playoffs??? The heat will continue to average 28-29 free throws a game because they stay attacking the rim.

Preach

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Yeah it's also called quitting.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah it's also called quitting.

Yeah that tends to happen when your "teammate" bones your mom.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Come on he got a huge monkey off his back. They know there is a lot more basketball to be played.

BTW... LeBron went to the Heat as part of a sign and trade.

4 draft picks isn't just peanuts. Not to mention the Beasley trade and all the others to free up cap space. Just saying.

Yeah the Cavs didn't have a choice. It was that or nothing. And it didn't matter he was going to the Heat via sign and trade or just signing seeing they planned this back in 2008.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Yeah that tends to happen when your "teammate" bones your mom.

All these players bone each others girlfriends, wives, and moms. I'm sure LeBron has boned a few moms too. Suck it up and play.

Raph12
05-12-2011, 12:28 AM
FTA in 2010:
Lebron - 9.4
Wade - 9.1
Bosh - 8.4

FTA in 2011: (same team)
Lebron - 7.8
Wade - 8.3
Bosh - 6.1

Factor in less touches and it's about the same as always, nothing new here...

hugepatsfan
05-12-2011, 12:28 AM
I just can't respect someone as a professional athlete that doesn't try. Just can't do it. If you're not going to try to win all the time, why are you even wasting anyone's time?

goeatfish63
05-12-2011, 12:31 AM
same crap as always, heat win, get over it. dismantle this boston team and start all over again

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:34 AM
All these players bone each others girlfriends, wives, and moms. I'm sure LeBron has boned a few moms too. Suck it up and play.

Well he did have a triple double that last game :rolleyes:. Not bad for a guy who "quit."

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:35 AM
same crap as always, heat win, get over it.

Exactly. These threads are ridiculous. Why is everyone so surprised the Heat are winning. They're stacked. That's why they won... because they're better.

HouRealCoach
05-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Actually there were alotta plays in game 5 where I thought Lebron didnt get a foul

and Rondo didnt drive as much as Wade nor Lebron... He didnt even shoot that much

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Actually there were alotta plays in game 5 where I thought Lebron didnt get a foul

and Rondo didnt drive as much as Wade nor Lebron... He didnt even shoot that much

I love your sig. Reggie was that dude. :worthy:

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Get your pitch forks and torches ready guys we're going hunting us some refs! :mad:

HouRealCoach
05-12-2011, 12:42 AM

If you think he quit because he had no one youre wrong... He quit because he knew he was going to leave and Mike Brown did a horrible job coaching so no one gave a damn and also because of Delonte West but its stupid if anyone is going to blame his success on Wade now this guy took a team with Daniel Gibson as the second best player to the Finals... Thats just unheard of

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Well he did have a triple double that last game :rolleyes:. Not bad for a guy who "quit."

Oh yeah... was that the game that he turned into a chucker? And was that after his phantom elbow injury? Apparently you missed the series. I saw a player that quit. I'm glad he was able to pad his stats up though before he left for South Beach.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:44 AM
If you think he quit because he had no one youre wrong... He quit because he knew he was going to leave and Mike Brown did a horrible job coaching so no one gave a damn and also because of Delonte West but its stupid if anyone is going to blame his success on Wade now this guy took a team with Daniel Gibson as the second best player to the Finals... Thats just unheard of

Just haters. And I actually hate that term but no other way to describe it :shrug:.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Oh yeah... was that the game that he turned into a chucker? And was that after his phantom elbow injury? Apparently you missed the series. I saw a player that quit. I'm glad he was able to pad his stats up though before he left for South Beach.

Are you a Cavs fan?

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Get your pitch forks and torches ready guys we're going hunting us some refs! :mad:

I think you mean the parking valets. The refs drink for free in Miami. Compliments of the Whore of Akron.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Are you a Cavs fan?

Yep!

Jaji
05-12-2011, 12:47 AM

No one really cares about your absurd opinion. It has nothing to do with life or this planet called Earth. LeBron is in the ECF and you're sitting at a keyboard blowing smoke out of you :moon:. Your words have no bearing on anything. What a complete waste of bandwidth.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:49 AM

He did quit. But you can't blame Brown. It's not like LeBron listened to Brown anyways. And he knew he didn't have to. And Boobie Gibson wasn't the second best player. They had Antawn, Shaq, and Mo.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Yep!

Ohhhhh, no wonder. I understand now. It's ok dude you can be an Honorary Heat fan if you like...:shrug:

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:54 AM
No one really cares about your absurd opinion. It has nothing to do with life or this planet called Earth. LeBron is in the ECF and you're sitting at a keyboard blowing smoke out of you :moon:. Your words have no bearing on anything. What a complete waste of bandwidth.

Thanks. Coming from a front runner like yourself it's not surprising you disagree with me on the topic of LeBron. I think most people would agree (outside Heat fans) that he quit. Just because my bandwidth is larger than yours you don't need to throw a hissy fit.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Ohhhhh, no wonder. I understand now. It's ok dude you can be an Honorary Heat fan if you like...:shrug:

Aren't Heat fans mostly ex-Cavs fans anyways?

knicks_champ
05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
You guys lost the series because you couldn't close out the Heats. Don't blame the refs.

Master Mind
05-12-2011, 12:57 AM

Not that I know of. You're welcome to join if you want.

Chicagofaithful
05-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Oh shut up, you ****** and ****** about the refs when anything doesn't go the Heat's way (although that never happened this series) but when it goes the Heat's way you say 'get over it.' No wonder you aren't a mod anymore, you are the worst poster on PSD.

HE'S NOT A MOD ANYMORE? thank God! I complained about him several times to the guy who runs the site. I kept trying to say how unabashedly biased he was because he would just hand out refractions to anything bashing the heat, and would let his own forum run a muck... this honestly is the best news ive heard today! And heat fans come on.... dont get me wrong you're entitled to disagree but to say "get over it" is just immature because you guys are just as bad with complaining as every other fan base... so don't be *** holes when you're put in a position to act maturely.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 01:06 AM

Ah you're a Cavs fan :laugh2:. That explains everything. Well, the Cavs were trash before LeBron and now they're trash after him. You should be thanking him for 7 years of relevancy. Now back to the cellar with you....

DCB/LAL
05-12-2011, 01:08 AM
I dont remember any Celtic can complaing when the shot ATON more FT's than LA in the 08 Finals....actually most of them said what Heat fans are saying now.

What is that called again? Kar...Kar... :shrug:

Stop complaining the Heat won end of story.

Lakerhead4ever
05-12-2011, 01:10 AM
wade and bron get to the basket very well.

but the refs tend to already have their whistles blown before they even get fouled i noticed

BSF101
05-12-2011, 01:11 AM
The series was probably rigged from the start.

Bring The Heat
05-12-2011, 01:21 AM
lol just got on the forum now and I already told myself... WATCH ima log in and instead of people congratulating the heat its going to be complaning about the refs... Typical Haters... The Heat lose they're chokers and if they win its the Refs... Can ya'll ever just give props to where its due? These guys faced alot of pressure and criticism and they overcame all of that... Obviously still have their work cut out for them if they wanna get that ring

With that being said... Anyone with a brain that knows basketball knows that lebron and wade are way more athletic and quicker than any boston player so obviously they will get fouled because they can't be guarded.... It's not Lebron or Wade's fault that Ray Allen or Paul Pierce can't keep these guys in front of them so when they finally get into the paint there going to draw contact..

Pierce and Allen obviously won't get many FT's because they can't beat lebron or wade off the dribble as often as wade/lebron can... I mean u guys need to use your heads a lil bit and notice these things... You guys sound like idiots and are just plain hating that the HEAT are winning and it bothers you so much because all the crap all of you talked about them not being able to player well together... and it ended up being the opposite these guys are clicking and its scaring the crap out of all of you

what54!?
05-12-2011, 01:23 AM
:sigh:

knew this thread was coming :laugh2:

mdm692
05-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Congrats on beating an old injured celtics(barely), kinda like oscar de la hoya beating up an old julio cesar chavez and he thinks hes the best boxer. But ill give wade his props he did his thing. At the end of the day heat is in ecf congrats heat fans
. . . ps. Lbj still #### and he gon keep ridin bosh and wade

LayZbone
05-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Ah you're a Cavs fan :laugh2:. That explains everything. Well, the Cavs were trash before LeBron and now they're trash after him. You should be thanking him for 7 years of relevancy. Now back to the cellar with you....

:laugh2:

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 02:30 AM
its ok. ECF finals we go. the haters barked we couldnt beat boston. Bring on da bulls.

TheRunKiller
05-12-2011, 02:31 AM
damn they shot 47 more? why do lebron & wade still cry so much? :cry:

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 02:36 AM
seriously, looking back at this thread there's nothing but a bunch of babies. I guess you expect the FT's to be even every game regardless of how agressive the teams are. Plain and simple nobody on the celtics attacks the basket like wade and lebron. Get over it. wow you kids are just that.. KIDS

Tragedy
05-12-2011, 02:41 AM
its ok. ECF finals we go. the haters barked we couldnt beat boston. Bring on da bulls.
I'm not sure where all these Heat comments are coming from. I Keep hearing "No one gave us a chance!!!" and all that garbage. Just about EVERYONE believed the Heat would win this series. Who the hell are you all talking about?

Jaji
05-12-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm not sure where all these Heat comments are coming from. I Keep hearing "No one gave us a chance!!!" and all that garbage. Just about EVERYONE believed the Heat would win this series. Who the hell are you all talking about?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615145

:eyebrow:

Tragedy
05-12-2011, 02:46 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615145

:eyebrow:
There are more Celtic fans on this site than Heat fans...So what...

If you've watched any sports show the last two weeks, no one has said the Celtics. It's all Heat. LeBron, Wade, Heat, Heat, Heat.

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 02:47 AM

wow, seriously? way to high to sift through old thread to find the haters that thought boston would win. Also talking to all the haters during the season talking about we couldnt beat Boston or Chicago because we lost 5 out of 6 to them in the regular season. Well, Like we said at the time. Regular season doesnt mean ****. Boston down and next up is chicago. Chicago will be much tougher but the heat will prevail.

Jaji
05-12-2011, 02:54 AM
There are more Celtic fans on this site than Heat fans...So what...

If you've watched any sports show the last two weeks, no one has said the Celtics. It's all Heat. LeBron, Wade, Heat, Heat, Heat.

Hey bro, you said "everyone" and all I did was disprove that. I don't remember many experts saying Heat. The only ones who did kept flip flopping. Everyone else was straight Celtics. Maybe after the Heat took the first 2 people started to say Miami. But not before game 1. I have to strongly disagree with that because I didn't hear one definitive Heat supporter. Not 1. Unless you can prove otherwise (like I just did).

naps
05-12-2011, 02:56 AM
HEAT destroyed the Celtics. Plain and simple. LeBron and Wade are by far two best players on the planet. They go the basket at will and make contacts on the way at will. Stop making excuses, congratulate us (make it a habit because you are have to go home every-time you see us in the playoffs next 8 years), go home, relax, and get ready for more supreme HEAT basketball in the ECF if you are a real fan. HEAT is the only word that should be on everyone's mind now because we almost swept the heavily favorite Boston.

naps
05-12-2011, 03:01 AM

You clearly didn't follow the league this season OR you are a flat out liar. Possibility of the 2nd one is way more IMO. Your posts during this series have been ridiculous. I am pretty sure your jealousy doesn't let you sleep at night. No wonder you are not a mod anymore. G.E.T O.V.E.T W.I.T.H I.T.

J-Relo
05-12-2011, 03:14 AM

did you watch the series? just saying.

NYtilIdie
05-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Its all part of Stern's plan for Lebron/Wade to be in the NBA Finals. ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YA! STERN IS ILLUMINATI!!!1!1

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 07:43 AM

All the people who are now crying on this board are the ones who were saying the Celtics would win in 6 or 7.

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Lebron and wade are one of the best people in the league at getting to the free throw line.

this

/thread immediately :facepalm:

BcEuAbRsS
05-12-2011, 08:17 AM
For not liking the NBA very much this Legend guy seems to be here a lot... are you trying to liberate us from the NBA? Cause I would really like you to liberate us from you...

BcEuAbRsS
05-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Wade>You and Tragedy would make a terrific couple... they can spew conspiracy theories all night long...

SteBO
05-12-2011, 08:34 AM
:laugh2: This thread is hilarious :laugh:

Dstmccoy
05-12-2011, 08:42 AM
oh come, look at all the jump shots Boston took. All Wade and Lebron did was drive towards the basket on most plays. only person who really drove was Pierce.

This....
2 Different styles of offense.

Tha Truth
05-12-2011, 08:46 AM
For real? LeBron James....Dwyane Wade...:facepalm:

Silent
05-12-2011, 08:51 AM
The refs were paid off by stern i never seen so many ticky tack fouls called in a playoff game

SteBO
05-12-2011, 08:56 AM
The refs were paid off by stern i never seen so many ticky tack fouls called in a playoff game

The refs were paid off by stern i never seen so many illegal screens by KG go unnoticed in a playoff series :rolleyes:

Sly Guy
05-12-2011, 09:16 AM

I'd agree with this.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Yeah cuz they were never relevant without LeBron. Have fun bandwagoner.

justinnum1
05-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Hope the bulls fans are ready, heat gonna get every call in that sereis, they have one guy that attack the rim, heat have 3. I can already see after every loss, the bulls fans will blame the refs or say the heat got lucky lol

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Yeah cuz they were never relevant without LeBron. Have fun bandwagoner.

We'll be having plenty of fun while you guys deal with cold weather and shrinkage. :) Btw, "Free agency: A crime against human kind", according to Cavs fans. lol

Flashsides
05-12-2011, 09:51 AM

Or not.

Attempts per game for Rondo. I can think of more non-drives than drives - the missed lay-up in game 4 that was completely uncontested, the spin move shot he made in game 5, the made jump shot in game 4 where people started saying "Rondo's got his jumper back." Rondo, for the most part, only drove in the second game, if I remember correctly.

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
To Arch Stanton: It's 70 degrees there for the next 5 minutes, stop crying because the Indians were a typical Cleveland team in '97, and congrats to them for having a great record... IN MAY!

ne3xchamps
05-12-2011, 09:57 AM

agreed. Chicago should be at the line just about as much in that series. But it probably won't change much.

kswissdaf
05-12-2011, 10:00 AM
If anything the refs helped out the Celtics a lot more

Byronicle
05-12-2011, 10:06 AM
boston was torched by the Heat

and in my opinion i feel that the heat earned 90% of those fts but that percentage is what i give to every superstar. even with 90% of those fts they would've still dominated

Flashsides
05-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Also, the fact that Boston didn't get a bunch of FT calls is because Rondo combines a strong ability to get to the basket with an even stronger inclination to not shoot the type of open lay-up that draws fouls. Instead he gets open under the basket and kicks it out to a jump shot.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
There were some bad calls favoring Miami but the Celtics just got outplayed

papipapsmanny
05-12-2011, 02:32 PM
I mean they have 2 stars, which means twice the ******** calls

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I mean they have 2 stars, which means twice the ******** calls

The Celtics have a bunch of jumpshooters and Rondo is scared to get fouled because he can't shoot.

buch88
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
this.

Why do u continue to embarrass all spurs fans with your pathetic posts? Spurs fans are usually more classy and you're the only spurs fan I keep seeing on here that keeps making herself look like an idiot.

buch88
05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
It had nothing to do with favorable calls. Wade and Lebron earned every foul. Other than pierce, no one on the celtics draw many fouls. And even pierce doesn't draw half as many fouls as wade does.

papipapsmanny
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
The Celtics have a bunch of jumpshooters and Rondo is scared to get fouled because he can't shoot.

You didn't in any way dispute my claim

ManRam
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
This is a joke. Watch the series again and it's easy to realize why Miami shot so many more...they earned it.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM

You were a cavs fan last year and are now a Heat fan because Lebron is there. Don't try and hide from the Cavs stuff you were spitting out last season and how you are from Akron like lebron and all that BS, like that makes it ok to be a bandwagon fan. You would be a Knicks or Bulls fan if Lebron had went to one of those teams.

It sure will be nice when the Heat get another max player...lol... See the sig.

superabound
05-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I really don't like either team but the reason the Heat shot more free throws is because they drove the lane more. The Celtics degenerated completely into a jump shooting team, especially after Rondo got injured. And by the way, ALL stars in the league get calls. That is just the way it is. Pierce gets calls, LeBron gets calls, they all do. The Celtics just looked old.

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:42 PM
You didn't in any way dispute my claim

I don't have to. Go back and look where the Celtics ranked in # of FT's shot in the regular season and the # the Heat shot. KG and ray Allen average under 5 FT a game for their career and it has been lower than that the last couple of years because they shoot jumpshots.

mikealike305
05-12-2011, 02:47 PM
over the season the celtics averaged 20.1 FTA per game
the heats avg was 29.7
so thats a difference of 9.6 a game
47 more FTAs over 5 games avg out to about 9.4 more FTAs per game...
sounds about right to me. wanna STILL blame the refs???

Gibby23
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
over the season the celtics averaged 20.1 FTA per game
the heats avg was 29.7
so thats a difference of 9.6 a game47 more FTAs over 5 games avg out to about 9.4 more FTAs per game...
sounds about right to me. wanna STILL blame the refs???

The Heat got screwed, they should have had 48 more.

mttwlsn16
05-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Storch
05-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Let's wait and see if Rose doesn't get the same treatment vs. the heat, then we have a real discussion in our hands.

thekmp211
05-12-2011, 03:24 PM
look im a celtics fan, and can't agree with this. wade and james are the two best foul-drawers in the league probably, at least on the wing. rondo was hurt and lack agressiveness, and pierce really never took a game over like he should have.

celtics had a lot of problems in the series. refs were not one of them.

RCarlson85
05-12-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't see how this is so hard to understand. The Celtics have no one on their team who attacks the hoop like Wade and Lebron. Pierce drives some, but he shoots an awful lot of jump shots. Rondo drives to the hoop more than anyone else on the Celtics, but when he drives, he looks to draw defenders and dish the ball off. In a case like that he's not going to draw as many fouls. The two teams can't be compared by looking at free throws because they have very different types of players.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I will say this, in game 5 there were the calls I didn't like(traveling on Baby, traveling on Pierce, and Nenad's foul for putting his hands up in the air). There were a lot of ticky tacky foul calls but they went to both teams when they happened. I will say if Rondo doesn't have the freak injury we are in a different situation. But case and point is that the Heat attacked more then the Celtics did. Side note all of you Heat fans act like you have been there before.

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I don't see how this is so hard to understand. The Celtics have no one on their team who attacks the hoop like Wade and Lebron. Pierce drives some, but he shoots an awful lot of jump shots. Rondo drives to the hoop more than anyone else on the Celtics, but when he drives, he looks to draw defenders and dish the ball off. In a case like that he's not going to draw as many fouls. The two teams can't be compared by looking at free throws because they have very different types of players.

it's quite simple. they have nothing to do but hate. Doesnt matter what the situation is. even if the foul shots were dead even they would point out one or two fouls at crucial times and say thats why the heat won. PSD is filled with these types. It's why i avoid the forums during the series for the most part. Nothing worse than outplaying the other team then coming to PSD and reading post after post about foul calls. You can go to all 8 game threads for the heat playoff wins and every one is littered with whining about foul calls.

junion
05-12-2011, 05:02 PM
..so they had like 5-10 more FT than the celtics per game?!?... ok.

smith&wesson
05-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Just accept your team got outplayed

THIS.

and also lebron and wade drive alot. you say so do pierce and rondo, only rondo was playing on one hand. i didnt see a whole lot of attempts to get to the free throw line.

boston got out played. dont be butt hurt about it. every one gets old.

ne3xchamps
05-12-2011, 05:14 PM

Because they flat out got outplayed. Refs couldn't help them all that much. Its the only way stern's plan doesn't pan out. For the team to come out and whoop someone's *** is the only way.

Crackadalic
05-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Their game is on attacking the basket. If your player isnt doing the same all game what is their to complain about?

Uncle Chuck
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
no one stopped the celts from fouling them harder. If you hit a guy hard enough each time going through the lane, he'll start taking more jumpers.

CTCUBBIES
05-12-2011, 05:31 PM
The heat won the series fairly but it doesn't surprise me that celtics fans blamed the refs because this is what all fans do. Go back into the heat forums for games they lost to the bulls and their fans do the same damn thing. No one likes for their team to lose and everyone looks for an excuse. Ninety nine times out of a hundred a series has nothing to do with the refs.

That being said - if the NBA was fixed than the Knicks in the largest media market wouldn't be the garbage franchise they have been. They should be all the proof anyone needs that the NBA isn't fixed.

Arch Stanton
05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
it's quite simple. they have nothing to do but hate. Doesnt matter what the situation is. even if the foul shots were dead even they would point out one or two fouls at crucial times and say thats why the heat won. PSD is filled with these types. It's why i avoid the forums during the series for the most part. Nothing worse than outplaying the other team then coming to PSD and reading post after post about foul calls. You can go to all 8 game threads for the heat playoff wins and every one is littered with whining about foul calls.

Another person disagrees with you and your tremendous Basketball IQ trumps him by calling him a hater. Genius... Lol...

Patriot Pride
05-12-2011, 06:24 PM
I think refereeing in the NBA is just bad in general. So many times during a playoff series you see something happen at one end of the court and it is a foul, then the same thing happens at the other end and its not.

Also I think that when refs watch LeBron and Wade (as well as other superstar players) they get so caught up watching them play that they don't call fouls/travels.

shizzle09
05-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Another person disagrees with you and your tremendous Basketball IQ trumps him by calling him a hater. Genius... Lol...

no i'm talking directly to you who sits on his computer and does nothing but make insults about the heat. Your sig's are always heat related. Just because Lebron left you and Cleveland high and dry doesnt mean you need to take up some sort of jihad on heat fans. just saying.

hugepatsfan
05-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Why would the NBA fix a series for MIA in 5? If the fix was on, wouldn't they have changed course to get extra games once MIA went up 3-1? I'm just sick and tired of the constant *****ing about officials. There are some calls that do alter games. It's a fact of life. But to constantly whine and ***** about it is just too much. Heat fans can probably vividly remember 10 plays from last game alone where the refs "screwed" them. I know I can recall a few where my Cs got the short end of the stick. But no game is ever going to be perfectly reffed from start to finish. You just need to accept that a few bad calls are going to happen. It's life. Stop *****ing!!!

blastmasta26
05-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Why would the NBA fix a series for MIA in 5? If the fix was on, wouldn't they have changed course to get extra games once MIA went up 3-1? I'm just sick and tired of the constant *****ing about officials. There are some calls that do alter games. It's a fact of life. But to constantly whine and ***** about it is just too much. Heat fans can probably vividly remember 10 plays from last game alone where the refs "screwed" them. I know I can recall a few where my Cs got the short end of the stick. But no game is ever going to be perfectly reffed from start to finish. You just need to accept that a few bad calls are going to happen. It's life. Stop *****ing!!!
Objectivity at its finest, thank you.

giants73756
05-12-2011, 08:02 PM

:violin:

Bos_Sports4Life
05-12-2011, 08:55 PM
We'll be having plenty of fun while you guys deal with cold weather and shrinkage. :) Btw, "Free agency: A crime against human kind", according to Cavs fans. lol

Cold weather >>>>>>>>>>>>> hot weather

Big Zo
05-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Cold weather >>>>>>>>>>>>> hot weather

... If you're into shrinkage and looking like an eskimo every time you walk out the door. ;)

King Koopa
05-12-2011, 09:21 PM
... If you're into shrinkage and looking like an eskimo every time you walk out the door. ;)

Lmao for real! Some white *** people up north and ugly too hiding behind their fat jackets, can't tell if the girl/boy is fat or not. On top of that here in Miami you can't hide any imperfections. Miami>>>> Any city in the world that's for sure.

tredigs
05-12-2011, 09:43 PM

Paul Pierce averaged 5.8 Free Throw Attempts per game this season. Rondo? A whopping 1.9 (at an earth shattering 58% clip).

Wade + Lebron each average 8+ a game through this season (and their career). AKA each of them get to the line more than Pierce and Rondo combined night in/night out - and for good reason - they are hugely more aggressive.

The third best at getting to the line in this series is Bosh.

Do the math, and stop whining. The Heat were the far better team bud.

Hawkeye15
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Paul Pierce averaged 5.8 Free Throw Attempts per game this season. Rondo? A whopping 1.9 (at an earth shattering 58% clip).

Wade + Lebron each average 8+ a game through this season (and their career). AKA each of them get to the line more than Pierce and Rondo combined night in/night out - and for good reason - they are hugely more aggressive.

The third best at getting to the line in this series is Bosh.

Do the math, and stop whining. The Heat were the far better team bud.

you finally weighed in bro? haha.

But yes, this is such a rhetorical thread.

"Why did the Heat shoot more free throws?"

Um yeah, cause they have 2 of the top players in the NBA in a landslide at drawing fouls, while the C's shot a ton of 19 footers....

tredigs
05-12-2011, 10:06 PM
you finally weighed in bro? haha.

But yes, this is such a rhetorical thread.

"Why did the Heat shoot more free throws?"

Um yeah, cause they have 2 of the top players in the NBA in a landslide at drawing fouls, while the C's shot a ton of 19 footers....

I know, haven't even bothered to open most of the threads during the playoffs. They go too quickly, and are so fueled by emotion that objectiveness is largely overlooked anyway. Even in this thread, I literally only read the OP's post other than yours just now - and I'm sure the same point I just made was brought up at least 10 times.

Love playoff basketball, but can't stand playoff PSD!