PDA

View Full Version : What should the knicks do???

quartz
05-11-2011, 01:36 AM
obviously go after phil when the times right... but what else??? i personally dont think we can afford either chandler.. wilson or tyson.. so i say bring jerome jordan draft another big man.. and go after t mac and grant hill this offseason.. we should b able to afford both then lock up shawn williams long term.. but im curious to see what bill walker can do so we prolly should jus go after t mac.. of course i want chris paul, d will, or howard, but it doesnt look like thatll happen.. please write your thoughts..

Raph12
05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
If you get Phil, getting CP3/DWill would be useless as Phil's system (triangle) renders CP3/DWill's skills irrelevant...

Duncan = Donkey
05-11-2011, 01:54 AM
They need a big who can rebound, If you have Amare on your team its essential.

Grant Hill wont want to play for the Knicks, he's pretty set on staying in PHX.

Chi StateOfMind
05-11-2011, 01:59 AM
1.)Fire Mike D'Antoni number 1 for sure.

After that I mean you guys just need a bench and a big man.

J4KOP99
05-11-2011, 02:02 AM
The Knicks simply need size. It does not have to be marquee type names, they just need big guys.

They can't get away with Jared Jeffries, Shelden Williams and Ronny Turiaf as their rotation at center. Every single one of them is severely under sized.

Look at guys like Jeff Foster or possibly Dalembert. Anyone that has legitimate size and can help guard the paint. Rebounding was one of the main problems for this Knicks defense this past year. They were constantly giving up second chances to the opposition because they could not consistently rebound.

Mudvayne91
05-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Sign Kwame Brown

Kashmir13579
05-11-2011, 02:10 AM
1.)Fire Mike D'Antoni number 1 for sure.

After that I mean you guys just need a bench and a big man.

If there is any possibility that the Knicks can land Chris Paul, i'd like to see what Mike can do with 2 amazing scorers and PG catered for Mike's offense.

isn't Kurt Thomas a free agent after this season?? i think they should pick him up if at all possible.

itsripcity32
05-11-2011, 02:12 AM
trade for gallinari, w chandler, mozgov, felton

NYYCowboys
05-11-2011, 02:33 AM
1. Find creative ways to add some size/defense via trades and free agency.
2. Draft the best prospect available in the draft.
3. Hire a defensive minded assistant coach/Fire D'Antoni all together.

Bishnoff
05-11-2011, 02:38 AM
As stupid as it sounds (and I know I'll cop heaps of hate for this), trade either Melo or Amar'e, because I can't see a team winning it all with both these guys on the same roster. Both need the ball to be productive, and don't do enough defensively or intangibly.

I know that most people won’t agree but the Knicks pre-Melo trade with Amar’e healthy looked like a much better basis for a future contending team. Now it seems like the Knicks have too many gaps to fill, and will find it hard to make up for Melo and STAT’s deficiencies with what’s left of their cap space. That being said, I'd probably keep Melo and trade Amar'e if I had to choose one to keep.

sep11ie
05-11-2011, 02:56 AM
My opinions:

With your players you want, Knicks should invest in a time machine. Maybe think about Ewing and Granmamama.

not have two ME FIRST players.

And you should maybe post this crap in the knicks forum...

sharqstealth
05-11-2011, 03:22 AM
Sign Dalembert, and Peja Stojakovic! Peja could kill it in Mike's system. He has proven he can still shoot the ball lights out in the Laker series.

More-Than-Most
05-11-2011, 03:55 AM
Have Melo and stat work on defense all off season. If neither get better 1 should go. 2 max players who can only play one side of the ball is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. After 1 of those 2 things happen go out and then add some bench help and a big and wam bam thank ya ma'am we have ourselves a contender.

Chill_Will_24
05-11-2011, 06:19 AM
Trade Melo to Minny for Beasley, and Ricky Rubio

jonline87
05-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Kobe Bryant's value is at an all-time low. Trade Fields and the 17th Pick to the Lakers for Kobe. Throw in Billups and Turiaf to match. Lakers get a promising rookie. Knicks get a washed-up, former superstar.

allSUAVE
05-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Another fake Knick fan? Lol

urlachermess
05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Kobe Bryant's value is at an all-time low. Trade Fields and the 17th Pick to the Lakers for Kobe. Throw in Billups and Turiaf to match. Lakers get a promising rookie. Knicks get a washed-up, former superstar.

if that's all it took to get Kobe any team would do it. Last time I checked Kobe isnt washed up and a former superstar. Not the best any more but far from washed up

allSUAVE
05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Trade Melo to Minny for Beasley, and Ricky Rubio

Trade Deron Williams to Dallas for Peja and Kidd, instead of losing him for nothing

Because it's no chance Dwight going to NJ. Sorry fan smh

NYKSpiritBomb
05-11-2011, 07:33 AM
If you get Phil, getting CP3/DWill would be useless as Phil's system (triangle) renders CP3/DWill's skills irrelevant...

dumbass:facepalm: triangle offense basically says 2 of the 5 players aren't that good on offense so basically get the **** out of the way and let the other 3 make some noise

bholly
05-11-2011, 07:36 AM

the worst bit is you've posted this before, so it sounds like you're actually serious.

dumbass:facepalm: triangle offense basically says 2 of the 5 players aren't that good on offense so basically get the **** out of the way and let the other 3 make some noise

um...that's not what 'triangle offense' means at all.

Wilson
05-11-2011, 08:09 AM
In the Knicks forum (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62) there is an Official Free Agency and Trade Ideas (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617523) thread, please use that. The NBA forum is for league wide news, rumours and ideas.