PDA

View Full Version : Bynum Apologizes for Hit on Barea

Baller1
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM
"My actions ... don't represent me, my upbringing, this franchise or any of the Laker fans out there that want to watch us and want us to succeed," Bynum said. "Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm just glad that he wasn't seriously injured in the event and all I can say is, I've looked at [the replay], it's terrible and it definitely won't be happening again."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6521032&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Finally

mikealike305
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
to late, respect already lost

justinnum1
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
still a punk douche

TheHoopsProphet
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM

bynumite dont need yo' respect

Lil Half Dead
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
He's not sorry. He just wants to do as much damage control for his reputation as possible.

smith&wesson
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
tough crowd

Master Mind
05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
Damage control

ManRam
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
He showed little remorse up until now...especially the interview after the game. Hard to genuinely believe him, but still, an apology is always the right thing to do. Better late than never.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Bynum's still a b - - - -

AKAYaReal
05-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Thats his PR person telling him to say the right thing. This should have come Monday morning if he really meant it!

ugafan
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Thats his PR person telling him to say the right thing. This should have come Monday morning if he really meant it!

It should've come after the game.

realsportsfan
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Really some of you are ignorant, you make mistakes as well. Some of the mistakes is called your life story. You guys are ridiculous, JJ was involved in a couple incidents this series, but I guess since he is little we are suppose to let that slip. C'mon Wade did look like the Karate Kid with his side sweep of Rondo, the guys arm is damaged, continue the hate, just as you do with your life.

Purple&Gold24
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Watch it buddy :badidea:

Purple&Gold24
05-10-2011, 03:27 PM

He doesnt need your respect :D

gatkins11
05-10-2011, 03:27 PM
It should've come after the game.

Agreed.

Slimsim
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
now we wait till wade apologies to Rondo

PatsSoxKnicks
05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Did Bynum actually say this or was this a written statement? Because I have a hard time believing Bynum would use the word "Furthermore" and it sounds like something his PR manager wrote for him as opposed to something Bynum actually said. This would all lead me to believe its PR damage control and Bynum couldn't give a **** about the play.

heyman321
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Really some of you are ignorant, you make mistakes as well. Some of the mistakes is called your life story. You guys are ridiculous, JJ was involved in a couple incidents this series, but I guess since he is little we are suppose to let that slip. C'mon Wade did look like the Karate Kid with his side sweep of Rondo, the guys arm is damaged, continue the hate, just as you do with your life.

LOL! What was Barea involved in? Bynum is a punk and everyone knows it. You don't tackle Gerald Wallace and Michael Beasley and then do it to Barea and say that "it doesn't represent my actions". If by "hate" you mean that everyone here who is decent has a conscience, then yes we hate. Bynum is scum, the ESPN callers said it, Magic said it, and basically everyone knows it.

Tmath
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM

still a punk douche

Damage control

:eyebrow:

Baller1
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM

DP :sigh:

Baller1
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM

Had Bynum apologized earlier (right after the game), it'd be different. But this was clearly just an attempt to lessen his negative reputation after the hit.

Atticus Finch
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Did Bynum actually say this or was this a written statement? Because I have a hard time believing Bynum would use the word "Furthermore" and it sounds like something his PR manager wrote for him as opposed to something Bynum actually said. This would all lead me to believe its PR damage control and Bynum couldn't give a **** about the play.

It's almost unthinkable that an athlete would use a word as big as "furthermore!" Oh wait

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2011/05/10/110510exitinterviewsandrewbynum-1678475/index.html

Raph12
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Better late than never...

Master Mind
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
:eyebrow:

What's the point of this?

blams
05-10-2011, 03:48 PM
This is still something. He got caught up in the moment, and apologized when he calmed down. It's understandable. I've done stupid **** while ballin' and losing...

The move still pisses me off when I see it, but this is a good thing for the NBA

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 03:49 PM

Seriously

Havoc Wreaker
05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
It is 48 hours too late and it isn't even real, it's something his PR drafted. :laugh2:

I still hope he breaks both knees and can never play again

iggypop123
05-10-2011, 03:53 PM
bynum with the lebron pr department. aplogize but people hate you

Fnom11
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I still like Bynum, he was probably the only player to really showup EVERY night for the Lakers. One of the only "true" centers in the league, that are good anyway.

Rego247
05-10-2011, 04:04 PM
finally. it was a classless move and he should have apologized sooner.

now its wade's turn.

Bruno
05-10-2011, 04:04 PM
B.l.t.n.

Fnom11
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM

now its wade's turn.

lol no

Tmath
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM

what isn't the point of it?

OneTuzSea
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Correction - Bynum's publicist aplogized and Bynum read it.

Not to pick on Bynum in particular, but why does anyone even listen to these "apologies" anymore? They're so obviously not written by the players and they're always so apathetic about it.

Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that

Really, you think Andrew Bynum would start off with "Furthermore, and more importantly?"

Master Mind
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
what isn't the point of it?

:confused:

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
It's nice of him to apologize but...

too late, respect already lost

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 04:17 PM
he's still a ****face. he's done it 3 times.

now its wade's turn.

+1

Tmath
:confused:

:laugh2:

JPHX
agreed that this should have came sooner if he really meant it. you would think that a guy that has been riddled with injuries his whole career wouldn't want another player to have a serious injury. Sorry Bynum is an idiot.

JabberJaw
05-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I love all these "tough guy" Heat fans, all of a sudden. Where were you guys last year? Every Laker related thread they've got something to say. Your team is built out of a bunch of guys who ride coattails. With the exception of the original Heat players, like Wade, Chalmers and Haslem. Now all of a sudden there's Heat fan, disrespecting and running their mouth like it means something. As soon as that franchise is irrellevant again, they will scatter like cockroaches when the lights come on. Enjoy it while it lasts fellas.
As if anyone knows if Bynum was sincere or not. If you've ever played sports you say and do all sorts of stuff that is not always representative of your character. And of course after the game he's gonna still be hot. So he's gonna say some off the wall stuff. The incident was embarrassing an uncalled for. He knows it. Don't act like Heat players have always been saints. Not long ago Mourning was heapshotting anyone who came near the rim. It happens on every team. Grow up and get over it. Congrats to the Mavs for kicking the Lakers a-s.

Tmath
05-10-2011, 04:21 PM
I love all these "tough guy" Heat fans, all of a sudden. Where were you guys last year? Every Laker related thread they've got something to say. Your team is built out of a bunch of guys who ride coattails. With the exception of the original Heat players, like Wade, Chalmers and Haslem. Now all of a sudden there's Heat fan, disrespecting and running their mouth like it means something. As soon as that franchise is irrellevant again, they will scatter like cockroaches when the lights come on. Enjoy it while it lasts fellas.
As if anyone knows if Bynum was sincere or not. If you've ever played sports you say and do all sorts of stuff that is not always representative of your character. And of course after the game he's gonna still be hot. So he's gonna say some off the wall stuff. The incident was embarrassing an uncalled for. He knows it. Don't act like Heat players have always been saints. Not long ago Mourning was heapshotting anyone who came near the rim. It happens on every team. Grow up and get over it. Congrats to the Mavs for kicking the Lakers a-s.

:clap:

Rego247
05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
lol no

of course you'd say that.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Breaking News: Wade Issues Statement On Rondo Incident:

:moon:

midwestmadman
05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Well then, now that he said he's sorry, that makes me forgive and forget, I hope they don't suspend him now and he doesn't get a fine. I mean come on he said he's sorry you believe him right, he's paid his debt to society now..... (to be read with extreme sarcasim)

unleashthebeast
05-10-2011, 04:32 PM

o man, we got a funny guy here. actually we are in here saying stuff about bynum because it was a classless move. he did it with the intent of hurting barea, and i was discusted. but yeah all of you fans can continue to bring the HEAT into EVERY SINGLE NBA THREAD, and continue to hate, we could not care less

kamasutra
05-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Not to pick on Bynum in particular, but why does anyone even listen to these "apologies" anymore? They're so obviously not written by the players and they're always so apathetic about it.

Really, you think Andrew Bynum would start off with "Furthermore, and more importantly?"

HA HA HA HA HA. True. Despite the fact that it was written by his publicist, he has to agree to read it. So let's give him some credit for actually reading what he means in a more well mannered fashion.

Master Mind
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
B.l.t.n.

What this stand for?

championships
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Do any of you guys actually believe that ANY athlete, Who comes out with these apology statements, Are really sorry??

They're forced to do this. Ofcourse this is a PR move But then again when isn't?

mttwlsn16
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
wonder who told him to apologize? bc it sure took a while...and everyone knows he sure as hell doesnt mean it

Hellcrooner
05-10-2011, 05:07 PM
trying to reduce the punishment.

if he was really sorry he would have tried to contact barea in locker room and check he was ok.

take this punks *** out of the lakers ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mttwlsn16
05-10-2011, 05:19 PM

sounds EXACTLY like lakers fans to me
when magic left, fans disappeared
when shaq left and the lakers werent great for a few years, fans disappeared
im sure next season will be the beginning of another disappearance

dont knock the heat just bc theyre better than your team, and this thread isnt about the heat, its about bynum and jack@ss self

WickedBadMan
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Put yo shirt back on!

Sergio1984
05-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Sounds like his agent wrote that up for him.

ne3xchamps
05-10-2011, 05:24 PM
A little late wouldn't you say? IMO its BS and only a PR move. what a dumb***

John Walls Era
05-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Respect was lost the day he didn't apologize after the game. Actually respect was lost the day he laid that hit, this apology is just to get everyone to like him again.

MrfadeawayJB
05-10-2011, 05:40 PM
only cause he had too...

Da Knicks
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
A little late wouldn't you say? IMO its BS and only a PR move. what a dumb***

Yeah i dont think KG liked that apology.:D

basketfan4life
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
love the heat fans, almost always negative about the lakers and its players, while they have 2 of the worst characters of any sports...

and they never understand no one ever takes them serious...blah blah blah.

giants73756
05-10-2011, 05:48 PM

This. He didn't feel the slightest bit sorry after the game and didn't feel like did did anything wrong.

Fool
05-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Even if he is sincere, it won't change anyone's opinion about him.

I still like him, Hellcrooner is freaking out a little bit. :cool:

sep11ie
05-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I heard it was really Bynum that hacked into Mendenhall's Twitter page and said all those terrible things too.

sep11ie
05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Even if he is sincere, it won't change anyone's opinion about him.

I still like him, Hellcrooner is freaking out a little bit. :cool:

Hellcrooner, freak out? Gte otuta herre!

CeeDub15
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
It's good he apoligized i guess, but i still think he gets a solid suspension.

TO to the CHI
05-10-2011, 06:22 PM

Look, I thought what Bynum did was a complete cheap shot and warrants a suspension. I also have no doubt that a publicist helped write the statement, but your email suggests that was done because of a lack of intelligence on Bynum's part. That is simply not accurate. If you were to read up on Bynum a little (just start with the recent SI article), you would see that he is a very intelligent guy with a thirst for information. It is quite believable that words as big and rare as "furthermore" or "importantly" are part of his vocabulary. I know you were focused on the verbiage as a whole, but there is no basis for criticizing the language used as Bynum very well could have drafted something similar. Any number of successful doctors, executives, and other professionals rely on PR firms or attorneys to draft statements. Why should a successful athlete be any different?

championships
05-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Just heard Bynum will get a 5 game suspension.
Not bad, could have been worse.

Avenged
05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm sure Bynum doesn't care if you guys believe him or not. He, in my opinion, just wants to lessen his punishment. The only one that should be crying about this is Barea. Not even Mavs fans are in here making this a big deal.

Tanakid777
05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
I just find it a pissy thing to do to attack one of the smallest guys in the league. I mean, is Barea so amazing that 2 significantly bigger guys have to attack him? Pull a cheap shot on Haywood, Chandler, or Stevenson. Barea though? LMAO

showtym24
05-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Heat fans are hilarious. Wonder why you guys werent talking the last 4 years? Have your fun now while it lasts. Five games is fair IMO. Fine shouldve been more though.

KnicksR4Real
05-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Jive *** Mother F*cker

assisi805
05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't care what any of the haters say at least he's owning up to it, yeah b-tch move but hes Owning up like he should.

Lakers + Giants
05-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Orlando's problem, not ours. . :)

mttwlsn16
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
love the heat fans, almost always negative about the lakers and its players, while they have 2 of the worst characters of any sports...

and they never understand no one ever takes them serious...blah blah blah.

who? lebron may be an idiot it times with how he handles himself, but hes not a some thug *** dirty player...and i cant even fathom who #2 is that youre thinking about

mttwlsn16
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Heat fans are hilarious. Wonder why you guys werent talking the last 4 years? Have your fun now while it lasts. Five games is fair IMO. Fine shouldve been more though.

magic leaves. laker fans leave
shaq leaves. laker fans leave
once kobe leaves...u get the picture

they are the fakers, at least the fans anyway, not all, but a good majority. when the lakers are not the best team in the NBA and winning titles the fans disappear

Jenceman
05-10-2011, 09:03 PM

they are the fakers, at least the fans anyway, not all, but a good majority. when the lakers are not the best team in the NBA and winning titles the fans disappear

This has literally never happened. When have the fans disappeared?

And the Lakers have only missed the playoffs like 5 total times.

heyman321
05-10-2011, 09:09 PM
This has literally never happened. When have the fans disappeared?

And the Lakers have only missed the playoffs like 5 total times.

Um when the team dwelled in mediocrity post Shaq and pre-Gasol

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
trying to reduce the punishment.

if he was really sorry he would have tried to contact barea in locker room and check he was ok.

take this punks *** out of the lakers ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pau and his softness will be gone first!

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Um when the team dwelled in mediocrity post Shaq and pre-Gasol

Your smoking crack nobody left only the shaq fan boys did everyone else stayed put staples center always sold out even away games!

Hellcrooner
05-10-2011, 09:34 PM

kareem left -i stayed
magic left -i stayed
worhty left- i stayed
shaq left- i stayed
kobe leaves- i stay
pau leaves- i stay

if you are a LAKERS fan you NEVER leave.

If you are just a fanboy of a player yo do leave btu were never a laker fan.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
the interview he gave post game seemed like he could care less. I don't think he cares at all. He simply did it because he knew it was he was supposed to do.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Your smoking crack nobody left only the shaq fan boys did everyone else stayed put staples center always sold out even away games!

Don't worry about that ppl love making stuff up. They want to make it seem like there was a mass exodus when Shaq went to South Beach lol

t_money25
05-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Too late....he already admitted to not caring.

tyfreaks brotha
05-10-2011, 10:18 PM
still a punk douche

Yup

tyfreaks brotha
05-10-2011, 10:27 PM
It was still ****ed up and a sorry doesn't really change it. Just trying to lessen his suspension and fine.

sep11ie
05-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Honestly, he shouldn't have apologized at all. The world knows what kind of player he is and knows why he apologized. Screw it, Id rather be known as a dirty, no holds barred player than an injury proned player that always had potentiol.

THE MTL
05-10-2011, 10:51 PM
It took him TWO DAYS to apologize! NO RESPECT at all! And his punishment should have been more harsh!

theLgndKllr35
05-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Good enough for me, trade him to the Sixers!

Teeboy1487
05-10-2011, 10:58 PM
A little too late but better late than never. Hopefully he learns his lesson and maybe we can forget all about this by next year.

Lake_Show2416
05-10-2011, 11:34 PM
at least the Magic save $700,000 next year

Arch Stanton
05-11-2011, 01:39 AM
the interview he gave post game seemed like he could care less. I don't think he cares at all. He simply did it because he knew it was he was supposed to do.

Yeah sort of like when Big Ben Rothlisberger gave his apologies after the apparent rape case. Or LeBron apologizing for his "********" comments. Most of these athletes are bad actors and aren't real sincere.