PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley, Gar Forman named NBA Co-Excecutives of the year

godolphins
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
In a stunning rebuke of the Miami Heat's free-agency haul of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, Heat President Pat Riley was named co-recipient of the NBA's Executive of the Year Award on Tuesday.

Despite landing three players the Chicago Bulls also had sought, the panel of one executive from each of the 30 NBA teams left Riley and Bulls General Manager Gar Foreman with 11 votes apiece.

It means that 19 of the executives polled did not vote for Riley, despite the most prolific free-agency haul in NBA history.

The Bulls courted James, Wade and Bosh during free agency, traveling to Cleveland to meet with James and then holding multiple meetings with Wade and Bosh in Chicago last July.

The Bulls instead wound up with Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver and Ronnie Brewer in free agency, players who helped the Bulls finish atop the Heat in the East as the conference's No. 1 seed.

Chicago's front office, in fact, finished ahead of the Heat, with Bulls President John Paxson receiving three votes. San Antonio Spurs General Manager R.C. Buford finished fourth with two votes.

Also receiving votes were the Oklahoma City Thunder's Sam Presti, the New Jersey Nets' Billy King and the New York Knicks's Donnie Walsh.

In his 16th season with the Heat, Riley became the first member of the team's front office to win a share of the official honor. Riley last week was named sole recipient of The Sporting News' Executive of the Year honor

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-pat-riley-s051011,0,5111986.story

Adrian WOJ said it best

I don't care much about these postseason awards, but Pat Riley needing to share Executive of the Year with anyone is a farce.

Edit: For those of you who don't know the meaning of farce: foolish show; mockery; a ridiculous sham.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Woj said it best!! :)

Rosh
05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Disagree. Forman didn't need the offseason FA coup and still put together a team that had a better record.

But congrats to both. I can agree with a tie.

ttam68
05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
These awards are all a joke

D1JM
05-10-2011, 01:39 PM
the only farce here is that pat riley gets credit for what wade did.

kjoke
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Should have been Riley by a mile, even if Forman did pick up serviceable players

justinnum1
05-10-2011, 01:42 PM
what a joke, woj actually made a good point. All the gm's that voted are jealous.

godolphins
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Disagree. Forman didn't need the offseason FA coup and still put together a team that had a better record.
Ira said it best here

Or did the Bulls win the honor for winning the 2008 NBA Draft lottery and landing Derrick Rose instead of (sigh) Michael Beasley?

SteBO
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Keep it clean guys........don't derail this thread.

Super.
05-10-2011, 01:46 PM
I highly doubt that Riley had that big of a part in recruiting LeBron and ChrissyPoo then people think. I have a strong feeling those 3 colluded about doing this.

I don't have any issue with a co award given out here

_Supreme_
05-10-2011, 01:46 PM

This award is given out for what these guys did this (off)season. It doesn't matter who was already on the team.

Ending up with Carlos Boozer as a consolation prize + aquiring Ronnie Brewer and some other non-relevant players utterly pales in comparison to the job Pat Riley did.
If there really had to be co-executive there are others that come to mind as more deserving than freaking Gar Forman. He probably shouldn't even be in the top five.

But like ttam68 already said, all these awards are a joke, so who gives a rat's arse.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I know you guys are hesitant to give Pat Riley any credit, but keep this in mind. They still had meetings, and Pat had to sell all three of them on a program that he deems successful. Wade had a hand in it for sure, yes, Riley had to sell himself as well. So let's not act like Pat didn't do anything.

kjoke
05-10-2011, 01:48 PM
And by the way, even if you guys do think there was collusion, there is no information to support that, thus the other GM's could not have made their opinion on the idea that "oh well Riley wasnt REALLY that good because of wade" as you suggest.

Max Power
05-10-2011, 01:50 PM
It took him this long to realize NBA awards are a farce?

Did he not see the All-Defensive team announced yesterday?

Canterbury
05-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Lol Paxon green partied Forman

Super.
05-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I know you guys are hesitant to give Pat Riley any credit, but keep this in mind. They still had meetings, and Pat had to sell all three of them on a program that he deems successful. Wade had a hand in it for sure, yes, Riley had to sell himself as well. So let's not act like Pat didn't do anything.

Which is why I'm cool with a CO-Award :up:

D1JM
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
McGrawDHBulls: John Paxson was third in exec of year voting, which makes little sense. I guess Gar/Pax technically finished first.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Which is why I'm cool with a CO-Award :up:

I can live with it as well. I hate co-awards to be honest, but Gar Forman did construct a team that finished #1 in the east, so he had to be recognized somehow. Still, Pat's the man!!! :cool:

ChiSox219
05-10-2011, 01:56 PM
All Riley did was clear cap space, same as NY, Chi, NJ and half a dozen other teams. He already had Wade who allegedly colluded with James/Bosh years earlier to join up. Throw in that the team is based in Miami, one of the favorite places for athletes to live.

Sure Riley deserves credit but no way should he have runaway with the award, not the way the Bulls and Nuggets front offices performed.

The Bulls had the best roster for Lebron to join and they had the cap space for Wade too. That should add credit to Gar's argument, he did everything he could, it's not his fault Lebron is a ******. Yet, after missing on the Miami trio, Gar still put together the best team in the NBA.

John Walls Era
05-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Why is Forman getting credit for what Rose is doing? Yeah his pickups were decent, but its really all Rose who is doing anything for the Bulls.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 02:02 PM
All Riley did was clear cap space, same as NY, Chi, NJ and half a dozen other teams. He already had Wade who allegedly colluded with James/Bosh years earlier to join up. Throw in that the team is based in Miami, one of the favorite places for athletes to live.

Sure Riley deserves credit but no way should he have runaway with the award, not the way the Bulls and Nuggets front offices performed.

The Bulls had the best roster for Lebron to join and they had the cap space for Wade too. That should add credit to Gar's argument, he did everything he could, it's not his fault Lebron is a ******. Yet, after missing on the Miami trio, Gar still put together the best team in the NBA.

How do you expect people to take you seriously after posting this? :eyebrow:

Really? Explain how LeBron is dumb for going to Miami. Please. Enlighten me.

Wade>You
05-10-2011, 02:02 PM
If anything, David Stern should be the co-executive, because he's the driving force behind Chicago winning the 2008 lottery, the Bulls being the #1 seed in the East, Rose being MVP, and pretty much all their success this year and here on out.

I wonder when people will realize that the Bulls are just one of Stern's many fabricated teams that he props up every year so he can collect money from their fans. Just think about how many former Bulls players are playing for another team right now and sucking.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:04 PM

When you set up your team to have enough space to sign 3 max level players, yet keep your team in the playoffs its pretty difficult.

Now to actual signings. Sign 3 of the most coveted players at DISCOUNTED rates. Sign Mike Miller a highly coveted role player, AND sign Udonis Haslem at 3 million/year when he was being offered double by Dallas?

Lets not even start with House, Bibby, James Jones (3pt champion), etc. all at the minimum.

C'mon its not close just with the big 3.

Scarified
05-10-2011, 02:05 PM
If anything, David Stern should be the co-executive, because he's the driving force behind Chicago winning the 2008 lottery, the Bulls being the #1 seed in the East, Rose being MVP, and pretty much all their success this year and here on out.

I wonder when people will realize that the Bulls are just one of Stern's many fabricated teams that he props up every year so he can collect money from their fans. Just think about how many former Bulls players are playing for another team right now and sucking.

How does that old saying go? Oh yes, haters gonna hate.

AllBall
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Riley wins by a long shot. All these awards have been bull thus far so I'm not surprised. Glorified popularity awards really. :pity:

Big Zo
05-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Real funny, NBA execs, real funny...

hotpotato1092
05-10-2011, 02:09 PM
No doubt the Heat had an amazing offseason, but how much of it was Riley? Dwyane Wade deserves most of the credit imo. Forman actually had to make some tough decisions with his cap space, and he nailed them.

godolphins
Why didn't the Cavs GM win the executive of the year last year since he brought in Shaq and Cleveland finish #1 in the NBA and how come he didn't win it the year before for bringing in Jamari Moon :rolleyes:

I guess that's because it was Lebron doing all the work like Rose did with the Bulls

daleja424
Seriously. The Bulls are good b/c they got lucky in 2008 and got Derrick Rose, who has developed into an amazing young player. Outside of getting Rose (which was due purely to chance) the Bulls are very average. The Bulls FO didn't do nearly as much as the HEATs FO this summer. Or how about the Knicks? Or Thunder?

D1JM
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM

Wtf is up with your dumb conspiracy. Do you have to post it everywhere? Just leave it on your sig

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
The fact that John Paxson was 3rd in the voting, basically shows that voters were voting for the Bulls, but didn't know who to vote for. Since there basically Co GMs. What Heats who are upset that Riley didn't fully get it, don't understand. It's not about the big names you add that should get you the award. The Bulls added 8 new players(even more then the Heat), improved by more games then the Heat and won more games then the Heat. The only reason that Riley is tied is a error by voters and the hype over adding Lebron, Bosh and keeping Wade. Not the actual results which is what wins you the award. Heat fans are being very bias or don't understand results trumps teams put together on paper.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:12 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-pat-riley-s051011,0,5111986.story

Adrian WOJ said it best

Edit: For those of you who don't know the meaning of farce: foolish show; mockery; a ridiculous sham.

Pretty sure the Bulls had a better record and were 3-0 against the Heat. Why would that be a farce when Forman assembled the better overall team and not just 2 free agents that were best friends with his Superstar who was posing as a free agent? Wade did more recruiting than Riley did, if anything Wade should get a piece of this award and not Riley.

Scarified
05-10-2011, 02:12 PM
lmaooo Heat fans are so butthurt over this meaningless award. Priceless.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
When you set up your team to have enough space to sign 3 max level players, yet keep your team in the playoffs its pretty difficult.

Now to actual signings. Sign 3 of the most coveted players at DISCOUNTED rates. Sign Mike Miller a highly coveted role player, AND sign Udonis Haslem at 3 million/year when he was being offered double by Dallas?

Lets not even start with House, Bibby, James Jones (3pt champion), etc. all at the minimum.

The Bulls had cap space for 2 max and a better surrounding team. If Riley didn't land them his team would have been blown up. The Bulls didn't land them and were still the number one seed. Not really sure how you can say Riley did a better job.

The Flash
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
So Rose gets MVP for carrying the bulls with a lesser supporting even though Lebrons stats are a lot better , then Pat shares the award with Gar

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Ira said it best here

Then I guess Riley gets it for drafting Wade to do all his work for him!

THE MTL
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
The other executives were mad and therefore probi didnt vote for him. But seriously, 2010 free agency for the Heat had to be the biggest executive move of all time!

Super.
05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
I really don't know why heat fans are getting so up in arms over this.

It's really just a meaningless award

ChiSox219
05-10-2011, 02:19 PM

The Bulls also made the playoffs, though they didn't quite have enough cap space for 3 max level players.

Mike Miller or Dorrell Wright? Oops.

James Jones is getting paid close to $3 million. I would call Matt Bonner the 3pt champion but if you put that much stock in the 3pt contest more power to you.

2nd round pick for Beasley when Haslem has been essentially useless this season and isn't getting any younger. Maybe Beasley doesn't fit in well with this team, fine.

And with all this, which team finished with the best record? Did Riley hire the COY?

hotpotato1092
The other executives were mad and therefore probi didnt vote for him. But seriously, 2010 free agency for the Heat had to be the biggest executive move of all time!

1996 summer for the Lakers, got Kobe and Shaq, which to me is a bigger accomplishment than 2010 for the Heat.

SteBO
The Bulls had cap space for 2 max and a better surrounding team. If Riley didn't land them his team would have been blown up. The Bulls didn't land them and were still the number one seed. Not really sure how you can say Riley did a better job.

:eyebrow:

Funny thing is, during the MVP race you guys wanted to shower Rose with all the credit, and now that clearly isn't even the case anymore just because it doesn't suit your argument. The Bulls are this good because of Derrick Rose and Thibs. Again, Riley still had to sell these guys on a successful program, so you clearly don't know the whole story. Getting Wade, and LeBron is a big deal, not geting Boozer, Asik, Brewer, and Kyle Korver. Anyone could have done that.

RIPSweetness34

Because the Bulls are the 1 seed without him, imagine what they could have done with him. While Miami would be a 6 seed without him. He also made himself one of the most hated players in the NBA virtually overnight. Chicago has the better coach and a player just as good as Wade but much younger. They also have the better supporting cast. That's why.

haggis
05-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I really don't know why heat fans are getting so up in arms over this.

It's really just a meaningless award

Exactly.

This **** is getting so petty.

everyone, take a step back and realize you are arguing over a GM award.

SteBO
It doesn't matter anyway. This is a meaningless award. They split it, so it's all good.

gotoHcarolina52
The way things are going so far this postseason, some Bulls fans out there are probably hoping the ECF ends in a tie too

king4day
05-10-2011, 02:22 PM

But congrats to both. I can agree with a tie.

I would actually argue that Forman shoulda won it solo. He filled in almost every single team need. Woj from yahoo is upset cuz Riley snagged 3 superstars. Problem is, that wasn't Riley. They had that planned. I think many voters realize that.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Because the Bulls are the 1 seed without him, imagine what they could have done with him. While Miami would be a 6 seed without him. He also made himself one of the most hated players in the NBA virtually overnight. Chicago has the better coach and a player just as good as Wade but much younger. They also have the better supporting cast. That's why.
So regular season accomplishments is why LeBron should have gone to the Bulls. Okay. :rolleyes:
Whatever, again, meaningless award.

ChiSox219
05-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Well, if you understand basketball it's simple. You can go back and also see the "experts" agreed that Chicago was the best situation.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM

Funny thing is, during the MVP race you guys wanted to shower Rose with all the credit, and now that clearly isn't even the case anymore just because it doesn't suit your argument. The Bulls are this good because of Derrick Rose and Thibs. Again, Riley still had to sell these guys on a successful program, so you clearly don't know the whole story. Getting Wade, and LeBron is a big deal, not geting Boozer, Asik, Brewer, and Kyle Korver. Anyone could have done that.

And I'm saying Riley didn't have that much to do with it, not as much as the friendship they all had. 2 of them could have gone to the Bulls and would be unstoppable. And our argument for Rose wasn't that he didn't have a bettr team, but that he had been playing without 2 of his best players for most of the season. Something Lebron never had to worry about. Sorry Stebo but you are wrong here. Riley didn't deserve this award at all, especially since they finished 3rd in the east while the Bulls went from an 8 seed to a 1 seed. Forman also had multiple chances to panic and blow up the team for Melo and didn't do it.

ChiSox219
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
i would actually argue that forman shoulda won it solo. He filled in almost every single team need. Woj from yahoo is upset cuz riley snagged 3 superstars. Problem is, that wasn't riley. They had that planned. I think many voters realize that.

+1

chicago lulz
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
what a joke, woj actually made a good point. All the gm's that voted are jealous.
This makes absolutely no sense. If all the gm's who voted were jealous, then wouldn't Riley have zero votes?

Or did the Bulls win the honor for winning the 2008 NBA Draft lottery and landing Derrick Rose instead of (sigh) Michael Beasley?
This quote needs to see the following quote

This award is given out for what these guys did this (off)season. It doesn't matter who was already on the team.

I don't think Elton Brand, Tyson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, Kirk Hinrich, Thabo Sefelosha are all "sucking". They are all starters (minus Jamal who plays the 6th man role), and played/are playing on playoff contending teams.

Why didn't the Cavs GM win the executive of the year last year since he brought in Shaq and Cleveland finish #1 in the NBA and how come he didn't win it the year before for bringing in Jamari Moon
That would be a somewhat fair question, if the Cavs went from low tier to #1 tier the year they acquired Shaq/Jamario. Except Jamario isn't really serviceable. Plus, signing old Shaq is just doing so to have a big body. Not to change a team around.

The Bulls FO didn't do nearly as much as the HEATs FO this summer. Or how about the Knicks? Or Thunder?
Just curious as to what you mean by "didn't do nearly as much" this summer.
Both GM's are certainly deserving for different reasons. I think the Bull's biggest off season acquisition was the hiring of Thibs. Or are they only considering what players the GM's nabbed?

Anyways congrats to both.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
So regular season accomplishments is why LeBron should have gone to the Bulls. Okay. :rolleyes:
Whatever, again, meaningless award.

Your right, the regular season means nothing. How about the fact that both teams are still playing and most likely to meet each other in the ECF. With Lebron it will be a hell of a series, if Lebron was on the Bulls the Bulls wouldn't even be playing the Heat. You guys are ignorant if you honestly believe Miami was the better overall situation for him. Not to mention, you give Thibs credit for turning the Bulls into a great team but you ignore the fact that it was Forman who picked him up! That counts as part of the offseason.

gaughan333
05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Do front office people get credit for signing a good coach? If so, I think that probably helped Forman as well.

Chicago lulz beat me to it...

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, LBJ and Bosh went to the Heat, but I think Wade convinced those two to come there, and Riley just sat and watched. Forman/Paxson got Boozer to come in, and also constructed arguably the best bench in basketball basically from scratch. Watson has been a more than solid back-up PG, Brewer has been fantastic defensively, Thomas filled in very well while Noah and Boozer were injured, and Korver has made clutch shot after clutch shot. The signing of Scalabrine speaks for itself. Not to mention they had a big part in making Thibs our coach, you know the COY

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Your right, the regular season means nothing. How about the fact that both teams are still playing and most likely to meet each other in the ECF. With Lebron it will be a hell of a series, if Lebron was on the Bulls the Bulls wouldn't even be playing the Heat. You guys are ignorant if you honestly believe Miami was the better overall situation for him.

Jilted.

justinnum1
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
ira
Will 14 NBA executives now be fired because they would rather have Boozer, Korver, Brewer than LeBron, Wade and Bosh? Who's in charge here?

lol

SteBO
05-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Your right, the regular season means nothing. How about the fact that both teams are still playing and most likely to meet each other in the ECF. With Lebron it will be a hell of a series, if Lebron was on the Bulls the Bulls wouldn't even be playing the Heat. You guys are ignorant if you honestly believe Miami was the better overall situation for him.
:confused:

What does this have to do with anything? If, if, if. That doesn't matter now. Stop speaking in hypotheticals because it doesn't help your argument. Fact is Miami is doing well right now, so who cares what the experts say, LeBron made the right choice. Whether you want to accept or not is your business. Still, both guys were deserving in a lot of ways. Give both GM's props.

D1JM
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM

funny thing too is that during the mvp race people that believed rose didnt merit to be in the discussion were saying rose was surrounded by a very good cast and a defensive guru. all of sudden rose is the bulls? i guess it depends on what thread

Arch Stanton
05-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Pat Riley Exec of the year. Lol. More like crook of the year!

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:35 PM

Because he did land them.

Lets focus on what actually occurred.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah, LBJ and Bosh went to the Heat, but I think Wade convinced those two to come there, and Riley just sat and watched. Forman/Paxson got Boozer to come in, and also constructed arguably the best bench in basketball basically from scratch. Watson has been a more than solid back-up PG, Brewer has been fantastic defensively, Thomas filled in very well while Noah and Boozer were injured, and Korver has made clutch shot after clutch shot. The signing of Scalabrine speaks for itself. Not to mention they had a big part in making Thibs our coach, you know the COY

Incorrect. What do you think meetings are for? Riley had to sell them on a successful product. All true Heat fans that follow the team know this.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
funny thing too is that during the mvp race people that believed rose didnt merit to be in the discussion were saying rose was surrounded by a very good cast and a defensive guru. all of sudden rose is the bulls? i guess it depends on what thread

:laugh2: Good point actually.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
ira

lol

Wade should not be counted as one of those "Free agents".

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:37 PM

I personally dont give a damn. But to argue otherwise is plain ignorance. Hell anyone who would have landed Lebron alone would have had top merit.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Because he did land them.

Lets focus on what actually occurred.

Ok let's do that and look at the overall records and records against since thats all we can go off of unless they meet in the ECF. We can look at who made the bigger jump from last year to this year, and who actually added more players to their team. In which case Gar would still be the favorite.

tbone2171
05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Who the **** is Gar Forman? I thought the Bulls GM was Jerry Krause...

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 02:41 PM
:confused:

What does this have to do with anything? If, if, if. That doesn't matter now. Stop speaking in hypotheticals because it doesn't help your argument. Fact is Miami is doing well right now, so who cares what the experts say, LeBron made the right choice. Whether you want to accept or not is your business. Still, both guys were deserving in a lot of ways. Give both GM's props.

You asked why he was dumb for making that decision, I gave you my answer an you rebuttle by saying that doesn't matter. But the fact is that it does. The Bulls were a better team then Miami without Lebron this season, I can only assume they would be even better with him. Something you are choosing to ignore. He only made the right choice IF they atleast make it to the finals, IF they lose to the Bulls then clearly he made the wrong one.

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
LOL it's funny that these so called experts like Wojo, doesn't understand you factor in results as well. Otherwise the award would have given out before the season started. The Heat got the bigger names, but the Bulls added more new players, new coaching staff, improved more games and won more games. That factors in how the award is voted on, not just who added the biggest stars on paper last off season. The Heat still only improved 11 games and won 3 less then the Bulls. That right there shows GarPax put together a better team(which is what the award is given on), while the Heat added the biggest names. There's really no debate here and if anything Bulls fans should be upset that Riley name is in there or they didn't just combine Paxson and Gar votes.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
All you have to do is compare previous winners to what the Heat did this last offseason and this is a no contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Executive_of_the_Year_Award

I can bet you guys one thing. we didnt get a vote from Cleveland or Orlando. Based on hate.

koreancabbage
05-10-2011, 02:43 PM
who really cares? they will know who the real exec is when Miami wins the championship =D

chicago lulz
05-10-2011, 02:45 PM
lol...

Sergio1984
Wonderful, more hardware for the Bulls.

Cubsfan365
Is the Bulls beat the Heat in the ECF, the discussion should end there. If anyone should win the award for the Heat, it should be Wade IMO.

haggis
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM

:laugh2:

this is by far the best thing that has been said in this thread.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
LOL it's funny that these so called experts like Wojo, doesn't understand you factor in results as well. Otherwise the award would have given out before the season started. The Heat got the bigger names, but the Bulls added more new players, new coaching staff, improved more games and won more games. That factors in how the award is voted on, not just who added the biggest stars on paper last off season. The Heat still only improved 11 games and won 3 less then the Bulls. That right there shows GarPax put together a better team(which is what the award is given on), while the Heat added the biggest names. There's really no debate here and if anything Bulls fans should be upset that Riley name is in there or they didn't just combine Paxson and Gar.

Thats why theres a coach of the year award.

or are both awards judged the same now?

The exec of the year award is for the executive who brings in the best pieces to help his team succeed not the execution of the coaching staff with those pieces.

If not we should just have a coach of the year award.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Is the Bulls beat the Heat in the ECF, the discussion should end there.

No, no, don't sell yourself short. If the Bulls beat the Hawks in the ECSF, the discussion should end there!

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Ok let's do that and look at the overall records and records against since thats all we can go off of unless they meet in the ECF. We can look at who made the bigger jump from last year to this year, and who actually added more players to their team. In which case Gar would still be the favorite.

So then what the heck is the coach of the year award for???

Or are we using the same factors to judge both awards?

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
****ing BS...

He got Boozer, Korver, and Brewer.... big ****ing deal.

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
All you have to do is compare previous winners to what the Heat did this last offseason and this is a no contest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Executive_of_the_Year_Award

I can bet you guys one thing. we didnt get a vote from Cleveland or Orlando. Based on hate.

It has nothing to do with hate. Ask yourself this, is what the Bulls did improve them more and win them more games or not? End of story of how this award should go. I dunno when Heat fans are going to understand what is done on paper is meaningless and only on paper. Riley only has his team to blame, if they win 64 to 65 games he gets that award. But his team didn't play better then the Bulls to win the regular season award.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
It has nothing to do with hate. Ask yourself this, is what the Bulls did improve them more and win them more games or not? End of story of how this award should go. I dunno when Heat fans are going to understand what is done on paper is meaningless and only on paper. Riley only has his team to blame, if they win 64 to 65 games he gets that award. But his team didn't play better then the Bulls to win the regular season award.

Again, thats why you have a coach of the year award.

Your basically saying Forman is GM of the year because Thibs made it work?

ok.

Its not based on results buddy, if not the Bucks GM wouldnt have won it last year.

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 02:54 PM
****ing BS...

You're forgetting Watson, Bogans (started almost every game), Thomas (started while Noah/Boozer were out), Asik came over from Europe, Thibodeau, and even Scal to help the players understand Thibs' schemes.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
You're forgetting Watson, Bogans (started almost every game), Thomas (started while Noah/Boozer were out), Asik came over from Europe, Thibodeau, and even Scal to help the players understand Thibs' schemes.

LOL! You = Comedic Champion! :win:

AllBall
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Riley's plan took years to execute. Bulls just fell into a lucky situation and half assed it at the end and are now being exposed for the frauds they are by the Hawks. Pffft. Not impressed.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM

and thats what this award is. What you do on paper. And riley assembled the best team on paper this year hands down. NO ONE can argue that unless your biased

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 02:57 PM
****ing BS...

LOL not discount Kurt Thomas, Bogans, CJ Watson, Omer Asik, Thibs and others. Yes added Lebron, Bosh, Miller, Zydrunas, Dampier, House and others. But guess what the Bulls improved more and won more games. Which is what matters, so yes it's ****ing ******** that Riley was a co winner. Results are what matter, the Bulls had more turn over and won more games. It doesn't matter how big thr names are your team adds.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 02:57 PM

LMAO! You couldnt even take Eddie House from us with needs at shooting guard.

:laugh2:

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
LOL! You = Comedic Champion! :win:
How the **** is that comedic? Wanna know what's funny? Wade got LBJ and Bosh IMO, and I'll give Riley credit for who they got after that. House, Ilgauskas, Bibby. Oh, how awesome! :facepalm:

AllBall
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
We all now how phenomenal Boozer turned out to be! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-10-2011, 03:00 PM

LOL not discount Kurt Thomas, Bogans, CJ Watson, Omer Asik, Thibs and others. Yes added Lebron, Bosh, Miller, Zydrunas, Dampier, House and others. But guess what the Bulls improved more and won more games. Which is what matters, so yes it's ****ing ******** that Riley was a co winner. Results are what matter, the Bulls had more turn over and won more games. It doesn't matter how big thr names are your team adds.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Derrick Rose is the only reason they are where they. The acquisition that matters out of all of them is Thibs.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 03:01 PM

Your Avatar says it all brother. I just didnt think NBA execs would hate too. F-the world, lets go out and take this shi.

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah, because he was a whole 1.2 ppg behind Bosh, and out-rebounded Bosh for the season. Not to mention he gets paid less.

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM

Derrick Rose is the only reason they are where they. The acquisition that matters out of all of them is Thibs.
Like someone else said, when Rose wins MVP, haters say it's because we have awesome defense and a great supporting cast. Then we get executive of the year, and Rose is the only reason we are where we are. Hypocrisy at its best. :laugh:

AllBall
05-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah, because he was a whole 1.2 ppg behind Bosh, and out-rebounded Bosh for the season. Not to mention he gets paid less.

Bosh is a 3rd option, Rose is your only one. So weak comparison buddy.

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 03:04 PM
and thats what this award is. What you do on paper. And riley assembled the best team on paper this year hands down. NO ONE can argue that unless your biased

It's obvious it wasn't voted on what was done on paper. Plus if it really was why vote on it after the season, instead of before the season? So anyone saying results have nothing to do with the award have no clue what they are talking about. Like seriously what if Bosh&Lebron went to the Heat and weren't the same players and they won 48 games? Then Riley wouldn't even got a vote. There's nothing to debate here. The Bulls put together a team that was a better regular season team and improved more. That is what matters not who adds the biggest names.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 03:06 PM

10.7 ppg in the playoffs thus far. Like a Bosh? Nah, more like Carlito's Way.

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Bosh is a 3rd option, Rose is your only one. So weak comparison buddy.
I'm pretty sure Boozer was our 2nd/3rd option as well with Deng. Weak argument.

Cubsfan365
05-10-2011, 03:07 PM
With completely torn ligaments in his right big toe. Bosh wouldn't even be playing IMO :laugh:

justinnum1

LMFAO:laugh:

HuRRiCaNeS324
Riley not only got the big three, he got them discounted. That in itself separates himself from everyone else. Then he got Mike Miller as that shooter we desperately needed (his production has been worse than expected which is prolly due to nagging injuries in his hand throughout the year). THEN we somehow kept Haslem when we thought it was impossible. And the Joel Anthony signing is looking really good now too. Mike Bibby was a very necessary signing as well because Arroyo sucks dick and it allowed Chalmers to come off the bench which hes been doing great in.

Everyone else is pretty much irrelevant because they are old farts. Big Z isnt that of a signing though...

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 03:09 PM
It's obvious it wasn't voted on what was done on paper. Plus if it really was why vote on it after the season, instead of before the season? So anyone saying results have nothing to do with the award have no clue what they are talking about. Like seriously what if Bosh&Lebron went to the Heat and weren't the same players and they won 48 games? Then Riley wouldn't even got a vote. There's nothing to debate here. The Bulls put together a team that was a better regular season team and improved more. That is what matters not who adds the biggest names.

And trades which can occur until February have nothing to do with GM's still putting in work???

Im not one to complain, but if there was anything that was blatantly obvious was Riley exec. of the year. Hands down. These votes were biased. Oh well, on to Game 5 against the C's.

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM

LOL yeah I guess Rose being on a 41 team the year before doesn't matter. Yes Rose scored 5 more points and had a few more APG, but that doesn't equal 21 more wins.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Like someone else said, when Rose wins MVP, haters say it's because we have awesome defense and a great supporting cast. Then we get executive of the year, and Rose is the only reason we are where we are. Hypocrisy at its best. :laugh:

Maybe because the Executive Award has to do more with the team he built. He didnt sign or trade for Derrick Rose this year, who is the main reason for their success. Pat Riley got 2 players that completely changed everything.

h2r09
05-10-2011, 03:11 PM
so riley wins the race for the 3 guys the bulls wanted the most, convinces them to take less, and also adds haslem and mller who are great role players when healthy.

yet forman severely lucks into rose, loses huge in the offseason as far as what he wanted to do, added role players and has a team that clearly is built like other teams in previous years who dont win in the playoffs, yet he gets the same votes?

jealousy at its finest.

hugepatsfan
Riley's plan took years to execute. Bulls just fell into a lucky situation and half assed it at the end and are now being exposed for the frauds they are by the Hawks. Pffft. Not impressed.

The Heat are the ones that fell *** backwards into where they are. Riley TRIED to get Ron Artest in a trade and he falied. He TRIED to lure Odom away from LA but he failed. Riley would have used up their cap space if he had his way.

Remember the CHI-MIL trade last year? The Bulls actually made moves to put themselves in position to have cap space. The Heat just lucked out with how none of the moves they tried to make worked, leaving them w/ cap space this offseason.

W/ all that being said, Riley clearly deserved sole possesion of the award. It's only for what you did this offseason/seasons and Riley added Lebron and Bosh, as well as some key pieces.

HuRRiCaNeS324
LOL yeah I guess Rose being on a 41 team the year before doesn't matter. Yes Rose scored 5 more points and had a few more APG, but that doesn't equal 21 more wins.

Yea because Rose was the same player this year as last year. Stupid comment...Its called improvement which many people say is the biggest one they've ever seen.

Baller1
05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
I find it ironic that the Bulls and Heat have to share an award... :laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
05-10-2011, 03:12 PM
its cool....the only award that matters is still up for grabs and the heat are looking good.

AllBall
05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Boozer was our 2nd/3rd option as well with Deng. Weak argument.

So you're comparing your #2 option to our #3? Bwahahahahaahahahaa :laugh:

BcEuAbRsS
05-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Bulls took the biggest jump from last season... and that was mainly due to additions, thibs, and rose improving...

I have zero problem with it being a co award but all the miami fans acting like its a joke is in fact in itself a joke...

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Again, thats why you have a coach of the year award.

Your basically saying Forman is GM of the year because Thibs made it work?

ok.

Its not based on results buddy, if not the Bucks GM wouldnt have won it last year.

Huh? How much did the Bucks improve? If the Bucks are a 38 win team he doesn't win anything. That's the perfect example of why it's based on results.

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM
And trades which can occur until February have nothing to do with GM's still putting in work???

Im not one to complain, but if there was anything that was blatantly obvious was Riley exec. of the year. Hands down. These votes were biased. Oh well, on to Game 5 against the C's.

Yes trades in season trades have something to do with it too and that helps earn results. You brought up the Bucks and they are the perfect example of why improvement from year to year and results matter. You are only upset because you are being bias towards the Heat or going too much off the moves on paper. But the facts are when a team improves that much from last year and adds as many new players as the Bulls did. They are going to win that award. If anything the Bulls got screwed here, because voters were voting for Gar and Paxson so it split the votes. The Bulls should have won this in a landside . If any Heat fan disagrees so me the last team that improved that much and added as many new players and didn't win the award. End of story.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
What a clown you are...

The Heat are the ones that fell *** backwards into where they are. Riley TRIED to get Ron Artest in a trade and he falied. He TRIED to lure Odom away from LA but he failed. Riley would have used up their cap space if he had his way.

Remember the CHI-MIL trade last year? The Bulls actually made moves to put themselves in position to have cap space. The Heat just lucked out with how none of the moves they tried to make worked, leaving them w/ cap space this offseason.

W/ all that being said, Riley clearly deserved sole possesion of the award. It's only for what you did this offseason/seasons and Riley added Lebron and Bosh, as well as some key pieces.

Thats utter BS. Wade didnt wanna sign an extension till Riley signed people so thats why he acted like he was trying to get Odom because it was unlikely regardless and Artest was obviously going to the Lakers so idk what you're talking about. And even if he did get Odom, we would of still had enough space to get Lebron which was his plan. He kept telling Wade to just be patient for like 2 whole years. You are completely wrong here.

You think getting JO's 23 million dollar expiring contract wasnt part of his plan? What about the other 9 expiring contracts?

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Huh? How much did the Bucks improve? If the Bucks are a 38 win team he doesn't win anything. That's the perfect example of why it's based on results.

Did you not look at the results??? Hammond won it last year on a 46 win, 6th seeded team.

justinnum1
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Thats utter BS. Wade didnt wanna sign an extension till Riley signed people so thats why he acted like he was trying to get Odom because it was unlikely regardless and Artest was obviously going to the Lakers so idk what you're talking about. And even if he did get Odom, we would of still had enough space to get Lebron which was his plan. He kept telling Wade to just be patient for like 2 whole years. You are completely wrong here.

You think getting JO's 23 million dollar expiring contract wasnt part of his plan? What about the other 9 expiring contracts?

that dude is just mad, riley is a boss:cool:

hugepatsfan
05-10-2011, 03:28 PM

No, getting JO's contract really did not have anything to do w/ what they did. Because in order to get him they gave up Shawn Marion, who expired earlier. That move had ZERO relevance at all to giving them the cap space they needed.

And Riley was trying to trade for Artest the year he got dealt from SAC to HOU. I actually probably should not have included that because I do not know if there was any interest in an extension. That's a mistake on my part.

As for Odom, if I remember correctly, MIA actually offered him a little more than LA but he stayed because he felt more comfortable there.

The fact of the matter is that Riley kept trying to make minor improvements time after time. But time after time it all backfired. Then he lucked out in Wade recruiting his homies to sign w/ MIA. Riley is like a guy sitting at an electronic black jack table who accidently presses "hit" when he's got a hand of 20 and ten gets an ace to get 21.

He still deserves the award because he is the GM that signed Bosh, Lebron, and those solid role players. But let's not pretend he had some elaborate plan.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Yes trades in season trades have something to do with it too and that helps earn results. You brought up the Bucks and they are the perfect example of why improvement from year to year and results matter.

Or maybe Hammond won the award because He signed Brandon Jennings, Jodie Meeks, Bruce Bowen, Jerry Stackhouse, Carlos Delfino and traded for John Salmons while giving Chicago peanuts.

Gootie42
05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Incorrect. What do you think meetings are for? Riley had to sell them on a successful product. All true Heat fans that follow the team know this.

If the Heat didn't have the meetings with LeBron and then he signed with them, there would be no need for proof that they colluded. It would be the smoking gun that proved it was all set up.

Cool007
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
IMO, it should have been Riley who should have won this award.

The only logical reason for him not being the sole winner is that all those voters thinking that D-Wade was the HUGE reason for the super friends teaming up, Riley only made it happen by clearing some cap space (but many GMs did that as well).

Just my opinion.

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Did you not look at the results??? Hammond won it last year on a 46 win, 6th seeded team.

Yes they made a 12 game improvement. It's not always about how many games a team wins, it's about how much they improved as well. This year the Bulls improved 21 games and had the best record in the NBA. That trumps anything the Heat did on paper. Also you don't realize that you basically killed your theory here. How did the Bucks win it unless it had to do with results/improvement. Or did they have this huge off season and put some good team together on paper? I think not, again end of story Heat fans got nothing here. If anything it's a shame the Bulls need to share this award with the Heat. Since voters voted for two Bulls Gms and some people voted for Riley due to the hype of adding Lebron and Bosh. Without factoring the results.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
No, getting JO's contract really did not have anything to do w/ what they did. Because in order to get him they gave up Shawn Marion, who expired earlier. That move had ZERO relevance at all to giving them the cap space they needed.

You clearly do not follow the Heat. Just as i dont follow Boston.

That move was made SOLELY to coincide with 2010. First off, we traded for Shawn Marion to rid ourselves of 20+ million tied up with Shaq. As the deadline approached the following year, Jermaines contract allowed us to rid ourselves of Marions contract plus Marcus Banks, which extended itself beyond 2010. So we aquire Jermaine (who had knee issues all year, for Shawn Marion, really?) Riley did it because the 2010 free agent class was alot deeper than 09.

It was his plan. Im going to find an old article where he says it in like 2008

justinnum1
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM

And Riley was trying to trade for Artest the year he got dealt from SAC to HOU. I actually probably should not have included that because I do not know if there was any interest in an extension. That's a mistake on my part.

As for Odom, if I remember correctly, MIA actually offered him a little more than LA but he stayed because he felt more comfortable there.

The fact of the matter is that Riley kept trying to make minor improvements time after time. But time after time it all backfired. Then he lucked out in Wade recruiting his homies to sign w/ MIA. Riley is like a guy sitting at an electronic black jack table who accidently presses "hit" when he's got a hand of 20 and ten gets an ace to get 21.

He still deserves the award because he is the GM that signed Bosh, Lebron, and those solid role players. But let's not pretend he had some elaborate plan.
:facepalm:

MJ-BULLS
05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Concrats to both guys, even though i hate Riley. :)

Lets see what the surprise move is garpax was talking about when the deadline past. He constructed this team well so far...

cubswin25
05-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Or maybe Hammond won the award because He signed Brandon Jennings, Jodie Meeks, Bruce Bowen, Jerry Stackhouse, Carlos Delfino and traded for John Salmons while giving Chicago peanuts.

LOL so drafting one good player and signing average or old bad players won him the award? Haha are serious? Again it's the 12 game improvement his team made. Which again proves my point that the results of the regular season does count. Just move on, any Heat fan still trying to debate this at this point is just being bias.

TheRunKiller
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM

jealous? Bulls had a better record and put a whole team together..unlike riley he got 1 good pf and lebron james to join dwade.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2011, 03:40 PM
You clearly do not follow the Heat. Just as i dont follow Boston.

That move was made SOLELY to coincide with 2010. First off, we traded for Shawn Marion to rid ourselves of 20+ million tied up with Shaq. As the deadline approached the following year, Jermaines contract allowed us to rid ourselves of Marions contract plus Marcus Banks, which extended itself beyond 2010. So we aquire Jermaine (who had knee issues all year, for Shawn Marion, really?) Riley did it because the 2010 free agent class was alot deeper than 09.

It was his plan. Im going to find an old article where he says it in like 2008

You're right about Banks. I forgot he was in the trade. That's my bad. That does make it a good move for Riley. I stand corrected on that one.

camador22
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM
What a load of B.S it is for Riley not to win by a landslide. Riley got the 3 biggest names in the biggest free agency in the history of the NBA. Bulls did well but lets face it they got left overs in Boozer and Korver. Not only did he get the 3 biggest names but he got them to give take a 50M dollar pay cut between them all. That my friends is how a Don rolls

Raph12
I think this had less to do with Pat Riley and more to do with the planning by Lebron, Wade and Bosh... So yeah, I guess sharing an award which should actually go to your players, isn't that bad.

sixer04fan
Gar Forman. What a name.

TheRunKiller
05-10-2011, 03:42 PM
What a load of B.S it is for Riley not to win by a landslide. Riley got the 3 biggest names in the biggest free agency in the history of the NBA. Bulls did well but lets face it they got left overs in Boozer and Korver. Not only did he get the 3 biggest names but he got them to give take a 50M dollar pay cut between them all. That my friends is how a Don rolls

:cry::cry:

D Roses Bulls
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
are Miami fans really that butt hurt over the executive of the year award? Seriously??? I guess coming into the season thinking lebron or wade would win the MVP and Rose winning it instead really hurt you're guys expectations and now you're just mad at any award not given to the heat. This is hilarious..... thanks for the laughs guys.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Carlos Boozer makes me :cry::cry:

Understandable, but don't hurt yourself, bro.

TheRunKiller
05-10-2011, 03:48 PM
^ no older than 11

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
LOL so drafting one good player and signing average or old bad players won him the award? Haha are serious? Again it's the 12 game improvement his team made. Which again proves my point that the results of the regular season does count. Just move on, any Heat fan still trying to debate this at this point is just being bias.

Really? OKC had a 27+ game improvement from the year before. Why didnt their exec win the award?

Enlighten me.

sammid21
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Heat fans are the only ones complaining on here. Bulls fans accept the co-award. Its ridiculous that Riley got any credit for adding obj and bosh when they've said that they've been wanting to play together since 2008. the Boston big 3 werent friends like the heat 3 and if that was the case then Riley gets the award hands down. But that isn't the case. Riley didn't work as hard as Ainge did to get their big 3

jockrider
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
i guess

lbj/wade/bosh = trading hinrich for nothing/signing boozer and some other former jazz players. or are they finally rewarding the bulls on lucking out on rose.

TheRunKiller
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Heat fans are the only ones complaining on here. Bulls fans accept the co-award. Its ridiculous that Riley got any credit for adding obj and bosh when they've said that they've been wanting to play together since 2008. the Boston big 3 werent friends like the heat 3 and if that was the case then Riley gets the award hands down. But that isn't the case. Riley didn't work as hard as Ainge did to get their big 3

this

camador22
05-10-2011, 04:01 PM
are Miami fans really that butt hurt over the executive of the year award? Seriously??? I guess coming into the season thinking lebron or wade would win the MVP and Rose winning it instead really hurt you're guys expectations and now you're just mad at any award not given to the heat. This is hilarious..... thanks for the laughs guys.

Wade and Lebron never expected to win the MVP award this season. They expected to share or one of them win the finals MVP award. An MVP award means nothing if you can't even get to the conference finals :cry:

kingkenny01
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
john hammond was still a better GM last year (not this year he had an off year)
he created something out of nothing unlike these two just who were in bigger cites and able to get bigger free agent
they bascially got credit for writting contracts

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Thats why theres a coach of the year award.

or are both awards judged the same now?

The exec of the year award is for the executive who brings in the best pieces to help his team succeed not the execution of the coaching staff with those pieces.

If not we should just have a coach of the year award.

How else can you judge this than by overall regular season record and record against each other at this point? Also, bringing in a rookie coach who becomes COY was part of being a GM. So if you are arguing that the biggest difference this year was Thibs, then I would have to say you have Gar/Pax to thank for that.

SteveNash
05-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't really know how anyone could give it to Forman.

He wanted LeBron - Riley got him
He wanted Wade - Riley got him
He wanted Bosh - Riley got him

northsider
05-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't know why any of you weirdos ****ing care.

Every one of these stupid awards is a battle for some of you guys.

Really take a step back and realize you guys are now ARGUING OVER A EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!! This is like arguing over who deserves employee of the month at McDonalds who ****ing cares.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Concrats to both guys, even though i hate Riley. :)

Lets see what the surprise move is garpax was talking about when the deadline past. He constructed this team well so far...

This, the Bulls are still under the cap and building. Obviously that will change when Rose gets his new lifetime max contract :D

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
How else can you judge this than by overall regular season record and record against each other at this point? Also, bringing in a rookie coach who becomes COY was part of being a GM. So if you are arguing that the biggest difference this year was Thibs, then I would have to say you have Gar/Pax to thank for that.

Then in that case the award is pointless and should go to the best team.

To your quote: If us fans can determine player value, NBA execs can. Solely based on signings anyone can determine relative success based on player talent.

Example: Elton Brand, didnt pan out for the Sixers his first year, still didnt discredit he was a hell of a signing at the time.

flclfanman
05-10-2011, 04:09 PM
Like someone else said, hiring a coach is also apart of GM'ing and Garpax hired a guy who took 10 new players and a new system to 62 wins and COY honors.

Lets not forget that almost every solid bench piece was put in place this year (Brewer, Korver, Watson, Asik, Thomas,etc.)

And this is only THE FIRST YEAR. Imagine Chicago in the next 2-3 years...:speechless:

ChitownSports16
05-10-2011, 04:12 PM

So you dont think the "Big 3" had this all planned out??

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:21 PM
is this thread just another weak excuse for Bulls and Heat fans to fight?

I don't know why any of you weirdos ****ing care.

Every one of these stupid awards is a battle for some of you guys.

Really take a step back and realize you guys are now ARGUING OVER A EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD!!!! This is like arguing over who deserves employee of the month at McDonalds who ****ing cares.

hahaha... :clap:

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
but obviously Maria Dominguez deserves employee of the month at McDonalds. She's had a great season

Shmontaine
05-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Of course GarPaxDorf deserves the award... their 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th FA options got them the best record in the league, they didn't even need to get their 1st or 2nd options to put together a successful team... it's called not putting all your eggs in one basket... they also hired a new coaching staff... picking the right coach for the team is on the gm... Miami's 1st, 2nd, & 3rd FA options didn't produce as much...

and for those who claim this is all on rose, didn't miami get lucky having dwade fall to #16 in the draft??? i think that's pretty lucky... Miami probably shouldn't get credit for anything after that...

LayZbone
05-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Of course GarPaxDorf deserves the award... their 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, & 8th FA options got them the best record in the league, they didn't even need to get their 1st or 2nd options to put together a successful team... it's called not putting all your eggs in one basket... they also hired a new coaching staff... picking the right coach for the team is on the gm... Miami's 1st, 2nd, & 3rd FA options didn't produce as much...

and for those who claim this is all on rose, didn't miami get lucky having dwade fall to #16 in the draft??? i think that's pretty lucky... Miami probably shouldn't get credit for anything after that...

If the facepalm wasn't so overused I'd throw it down right now. We drafted him at #5 in 2003 dude.

1-800-STFU
05-10-2011, 05:08 PM
lol heat vs bulls never gets old

Stay classy PSD

WickedBadMan
05-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Who the **** cares?

LayZbone
05-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh and as far as this news goes, I really couldn't care less. The Heat totally deserved it, but Chicago and Denver were also impressive. I was more bothered that Wade was left off of the ALL-NBA defensive teams. But I'm coming to the realization that a lot of these awards are a joke, and the only one I care about is the Larry O'Brien Trophy.

Silent
05-10-2011, 05:24 PM

Cough Cough ******** They had this planned right after lebron lost in the playoffs

SteBO
05-10-2011, 05:31 PM
You asked why he was dumb for making that decision, I gave you my answer an you rebuttle by saying that doesn't matter. But the fact is that it does. The Bulls were a better team then Miami without Lebron this season, I can only assume they would be even better with him. Something you are choosing to ignore. He only made the right choice IF they atleast make it to the finals, IF they lose to the Bulls then clearly he made the wrong one.
Still with the "ifs" huh? :laugh2: :rolleyes:

PlezPlayDKnicks
05-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't care either way but MIA fans are fronting that a team built around Rose,Wade,Bron and Noah with coach Thibs and vet min ring chasers aren't a better team in hindsight. The heat are great now but that team would be scary

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I don't care either way but MIA fans are fronting that a team built around Rose,Wade,Bron and Noah with coach Thibs and vet min ring chasers aren't a better team in hindsight. The heat are great now but that team would be scary

And had the ping pong balls fallen their way in 2008, Miami would have a team of Rose, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

h2r09
05-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Cough Cough ******** They had this planned right after lebron lost in the playoffs

you say this after they signed here yet you were sold on him signing in chiacago for quite a while there.

i love how all these people crying collusion are the same ones who were certain lebron was going to anywhere other than here.

Shmontaine
05-10-2011, 06:54 PM
If the facepalm wasn't so overused I'd throw it down right now. We drafted him at #5 in 2003 dude.

Ha.. It was a joke anyway... I wasnt that far off, and that's still pretty lucky... :)

ChiSox219
05-10-2011, 07:05 PM

Don't forget about Deng

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 12:37 AM

I suppose Riley just miraculously stumbled upon $51 million worth of cap space, right?

LeonFSU
05-11-2011, 01:04 AM
I think, and I'm not entirely joking about this, they should create an award for the worst executive of the year.

In honor of the most (least) deserving GM, Otis Smith, it should be dubbed "the Otis Smith Award." He should be given it retroactively for the past four years (including this one).

At the ceremony, the players, coaches, and fans should take turns beating Smith over the head with the award.

Arch Stanton
05-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Ainge gets the Worst Exec of the year award for trading Kendrick Perkins. Dumb move!

LeonFSU
05-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Ainge gets the Worst Exec of the year award for trading Kendrick Perkins. Dumb move!

No way he is taking it from Smith! Its Smith's award...every year. Jeff Green is a very good player. If he actually played more the Celtics might not be down 3-1.

Smith's resume just for this year alone:

Signed Chris Duhon to a four-year $15 million deal.

Signed Quentin Richardson to a three-year $7.5 million deal with a player option ($2.8 million) for a fourth year

Traded their only backup center and what was essentially the expiring contract of Vince Carter for Hedo Turdolu's ungodly contract which Smith refused to give Hedo two years ago. Now that Hedo has proven to not be worth the contract, Smith trades for him.

And for the finale...trades Rashard Lewis's franchise debilitating contract which was set to become an contract the summer Dwight becomes a free agent for Gilbert Arenas's hideous contract.

Arch Stanton
05-11-2011, 01:22 AM
No way he is taking it from Smith! Its Smith's award...every year. Jeff Green is a very good player. If he actually played more the Celtics might not be down 3-1.

Smith's resume just for this year alone:

Signed Chris Duhon to a four-year $15 million deal.

Signed Quentin Richardson to a three-year $7.5 million deal with a player option ($2.8 million) for a fourth year

Traded their only backup center and what was essentially the expiring contract of Vince Carter for Hedo Turdolu's ungodly contract which Smith refused to give Hedo two years ago. Now that Hedo has proven to not be worth the contract, Smith trades for him.

And for the finale...trades Rashard Lewis's franchise debilitating contract which was set to become an contract the summer Dwight becomes a free agent for Gilbert Arenas's hideous contract.

Yeah you're right. Signing Arenas and Hedo was awful. Panic moves. But the Celtics seemed to be following a similar mentality sans the big bad contracts. Also why did the Celtics sign Troy Murphy? I haven't seem him play at all.

SignGod
05-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Dear Gar,
Please send you half of the EOY award to South Beach so they can stop crying over a meaningless award! Can you please include the MVP award and COY award as well seeing how no Bull exec, player or coach deserve anything they accomplished this year!

Thank you,
SignGod

Chi StateOfMind
05-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Who cares take the Executive award and shove it. I want a championship not some damn f@g award. I'll trade those any day. Any TRUE fan will say the COY-MVP means nothing to them they all would trade it in for a ring. It must be that time of the month for Miami fans my god.

Bulls_fan90
05-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Hopefully Pat Riley's momma taught him how to share. Bulls got robbed.

BullsFTW
05-11-2011, 08:30 AM
GarPax truly deserves this award

AllBall
05-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Lets give Rose the MVP because he's a carrying a team of crappy players around him.

Lets give Gar Forman co-Exec of the year because of the great players he's surrounded around Rose.

wait, what? :confused:

Rivera
05-11-2011, 10:46 AM
i only had to read the first page...and i can only imagine what pages 2-11 say...

the bickering between bulls and heat fans :pity:

heat fans mad cause they gotta share an "executive of the year award"
bulls fans mad cause heat fans dont wanna share the "executive of the year award"

who cares cause theres only one award that matters....the nba championship...every other award is irrelevant

marlinsfan24
05-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Who cares take the Executive award and shove it. I want a championship not some damn f@g award. I'll trade those any day. Any TRUE fan will say the COY-MVP means nothing to them they all would trade it in for a ring. It must be that time of the month for Miami fans my god.

I like you as a poster, but this is a bad statement. If the Bulls fans in here really don't care about the award as much as they say they do, WHY THE **** ARE THEY ARGUING WITH HEAT FANS?? Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Anyways, **** this award. Riley still gets to add this and hopefully, the more important trophy, the championship, to his collection.

marlinsfan24
05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
i only had to read the first page...and i can only imagine what pages 2-11 say...

the bickering between bulls and heat fans :pity:

heat fans mad cause they gotta share an "executive of the year award"
bulls fans mad cause heat fans dont wanna share the "executive of the year award"

who cares cause theres only one award that matters....the nba championship...every other award is irrelevant

Thank you. Both of them need to mature. Who the hell gives a crap about THIS award?

Jay16
05-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Ok can someone answer this.....

aside from losing out on Wade to Riley, losing out on LeBron to Riley , having to settle for Boozer, filling out a roster that had the "established" talent on that team. What did this guy do to deserve a share of the award.

Riley resigned Wade, signed LeBron and Bosh DISCOUNTED !!!!!!!!!! and had to fill out a roster that only had ONE FKCING PLAYER signed.......is there something I'm not seeing? Why is this an issue ? How can anyone say that the best job EVER IN THE HISTORY OF AN OFF SEASON be tied by someone who........signed Korver and something called an Asik?

I mean I know Miami is generally hated but come on people.......have some fkcing perspective.

bulldog312
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I just read through about half of the thread so maybe I missed it (I couldn't spare anymore IQ points), but how come nobody has mentioned the hiring of Thibs? It's not just signing players that has an impact.

daleja424
05-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Lets give Rose the MVP because he's a carrying a team of crappy players around him.

Lets give Gar Forman co-Exec of the year because of the great players he's surrounded around Rose.

wait, what? :confused:

nailed it...

SignGod
05-11-2011, 01:27 PM
I just read through about half of the thread so maybe I missed it (I couldn't spare anymore IQ points), but how come nobody has mentioned the hiring of Thibs? It's not just signing players that has an impact.

Cuz nobody is that intelligent to actually know the exact qualifications for which the award is awarded!! They are too busy being Homers and Bandwagoners to realize how stupid it all is. If you read all of this crap you'll see Bulls fans can care less, but they feel they have to justify our half of the award because the Heat fans came out with the immediate insults! It's like all these Miami fans sat around and wondered when this award is gonna come out and that they hoped to get it! Unreal!! :rolleyes:

AllBall
05-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Love how the National Media is finally on our side on this one. :clap:

Jay16
05-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Cuz nobody is that intelligent to actually know the exact qualifications for which the award is awarded!! They are too busy being Homers and Bandwagoners to realize how stupid it all is. If you read all of this crap you'll see Bulls fans can care less, but they feel they have to justify our half of the award because the Heat fans came out with the immediate insults! It's like all these Miami fans sat around and wondered when this award is gonna come out and that they hoped to get it! Unreal!! :rolleyes:

Yeah it's always us...... we are the bad guys and you guys just wanted to give your nice views......we are always the aggresor.... we are Drago and you are Rocky Balboa....in case you have'nt picked up on it .....and judging by what team you root for, you have'nt.... that was sarcasm.

Good for you, stick to your morals, let us Heat fans be hated for no other reason than us being us........

:clap::clap::clap:

Good for you.

Jay16
05-11-2011, 01:58 PM
We complain because of how pathetic a move it was to share this award with someone who doesn't deserve it. But aside from that let me ask you this ...... what is the purpose of this forum if not to debate things like that ?

What the fkc do you think we should all be doing ...sitting around a campfire singing KooBahYah ...... I mean really dude, it's like you're not even trying to think.

Jay16
05-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Why don't you go to BOS forums and see how many CHI fans are in there rooting for them simply because they hate us or don't want to face us..... Turn a blind eye to that why don't you.

Cool007
05-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Like I said earlier, Right or Wrong, the reason it was tied and not many voters voted Riley exclusively is because they thought LeBron and Bosh joining had a LOT to do with D-Wade recruiting his friends to join him in Miami than Riley.

All Riley had to do was clear the cap. Which a lot of the GMs did as well as it wasn't too hard.

Pierzynski4Prez
05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
We complain because of how pathetic a move it was to share this award with someone who doesn't deserve it. But aside from that let me ask you this ...... what is the purpose of this forum if not to debate things like that ?

What the fkc do you think we should all be doing ...sitting around a campfire singing KooBahYah ...... I mean really dude, it's like you're not even trying to think.

1st off you could stop crying about who won the executive of the year award. Realize that well you may not think Foreman deserves it, the rest of the NBA GM's do. So move on with your fkcin life.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
All Riley had to do was clear the cap. Which a lot of the GMs did as well as it wasn't too hard.

You try getting rid of Shaq, Antoine Walker, Mark Blount, and Marcus Banks's god-awful contracts.

SignGod
05-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Why don't you go to BOS forums and see how many CHI fans are in there rooting for them simply because they hate us or don't want to face us..... Turn a blind eye to that why don't you.

See I was just calling it how it is! Read from page 1 to 12 and you'll see I'm right! You guys started bashing the Bulls FO and fans and baited so we would defend our stance and then call u can call us morons and homer and whatever very clever names you Heat fans can come up with! :rolleyes:

I don't like to argue with Heat fans because half of you didn't know Miami had an NBA team last year and the other half are die hard het fans! Its the bandwagoners, like you, that throw around insults and sarcasm that ruin forums! Yea we can debate this all year! That is what the forum is for. Nobody want to sit aroiund a fire and sing koom ba yah except for you broke back! Its the intelligent basketball conversations that most here look for not your idea of a intelligent basketball conversation...again read the first two sentences over if your lost.

P.S. Before you say it, YES I did throw insults and sarcasm back at you and am not being a hypocrite. I did it because that's how you seem to like to communicate! You heat fans like to throw hypocricy around alot yet you didn't even support your team last year....ok!!:clap:

SignGod
05-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Chi fans are rooting for the Celtics cuz of the great 7 game series we had a few years ago with them! It was hard fought, played the right way and was an instant classic. A series with the Heat will just be a 7 game instant CLASSLESS! 7 games of Wade and Lebron slapping their elbows and wrists to the refs complaining about calls! Oh and Bosh making ONE basket a game and screaming back down the floor like he's giving birth! Whatever! So done arguing with the Heat fans. There are only a few class act heat fans on here anyways.

godolphins
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Ken Berger

LeBron on whether Wade also should be co-exec of the yr w/Riley: "They had nothing to do with it. It was the weather and the school system.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Chi fans are rooting for the Celtics cuz of the great 7 game series we had a few years ago with them! It was hard fought, played the right way and was an instant classic. A series with the Heat will just be a 7 game instant CLASSLESS! 7 games of Wade and Lebron slapping their elbows and wrists to the refs complaining about calls! Oh and Bosh making ONE basket a game and screaming back down the floor like he's giving birth! Whatever! So done arguing with the Heat fans. There are only a few class act heat fans on here anyways.

You call our team "classless" and turn around and expect our fans to show you respect in turn? Yeah, good luck with that one.

ChicagoRox
05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Man o Man. What a messy thread this is. IF the bulls and heat get to the ecf, PSD is gonna be a war zone. LOL! I want to put the over/under and banned for baiting at about 15. What do you all think? Over or under?

D Roses Bulls
05-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Ken Berger

The school system? Now I know Lebron is lying. my mom moved me from southern florida to illinois when i was little because the school system sucked down there.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Man o Man. What a messy thread this is. IF the bulls and heat get to the ecf, PSD is gonna be a war zone. LOL! I want to put the over/under and banned for baiting at about 15. What do you all think? Over or under?

Over . . . easily.

The school system? Now I know Lebron is lying. my mom moved me from southern florida to illinois when i was little because the school system sucked down there.

Must have been a joke, seriously. School system down here is indeed terrible, but you can still achieve great things in spite of it. I, for one, went to public school in Dade county and a handful of my high school friends went on to graduate from ivy league universities.

Geargo Wallace
05-11-2011, 02:55 PM
So is is it now a rule that the number one ranked team in the league gets the MVP, COY, and Executive of the year too? Deng should share DPOY with Howard, and Korver should share 6th man.

metsbulls1025
05-11-2011, 02:57 PM
LMAO at people fighting over who deserved the Executive of the Year award.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
LMAO at people fighting over who deserved the Executive of the Year award.

:mad: It's serious business. It's a matter of honor and dignity, really.

RZZZA
05-11-2011, 03:11 PM

people always say this but Heat/Bulls fans managed to remain relatively civil during all 3 times we faced eachother during the regular season

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 03:15 PM
people always say this but Heat/Bulls fans managed to remain relatively civil during all 3 times we faced eachother during the regular season

Sure, but during those three games a trip to the NBA Finals wasn't on the line.

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 03:15 PM
its funny that this thread started like this "oh whatever it doesnt matter, its ok, its just a stupid award"

then a war started that last 13 pages lol

and lebron... really? the school system? miami schools are drop out factories man. terrible school system. i do admit SOME schools here are pretty good but that makes up a very small minority of them

14 pages now lol

RZZZA
05-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Sure, but during those three games a trip to the NBA Finals wasn't on the line.

There's going to be some argument about the refs like there usually is but other than that, I'm not expecting any "omg 50 people are gonna be banned" situation...

I think people will mostly be on their best behavior

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 03:21 PM
There's going to be some argument about the refs like there usually is but other than that, I'm not expecting any "omg 50 people are gonna be banned" situation...

I think people will mostly be on their best behavior

Well, I can't speak for the others, but win or lose, my account may not survive that series.

RZZZA
05-11-2011, 03:23 PM
the only way I see a lot more trolling/baiting happening than usual is if there's a blow out win one way or the other, then it could get ugly.

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
^^ it'll get ugly if a bos vs ny game 2 thing happend were a call should of been made but wasnt..... forget about it, this place will errupt

metsbulls1025
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
:mad: It's serious business. It's a matter of honor and dignity, really.

Lets be honest. Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and Lebron James didn't just wake up over the summer and say hey why don't we just all sign with the Heat this summer. Just about every sports media outlet said this was in the making for a long time. Not only are they best friends, but Wade and Bosh posted that picture of them at Dinner and said someone was missing. Hell I believe Bosh was filming the whole process for some movie. You obviously won't film your FA process if you are just signing with a random team by yourself just like every other athlete in every other sport does. You film it when you are doing something controversial and rare that would create a lot of buzz and would give a reason for people to watch the film. Which all three of them did.

Hey many people on this board don't even think Rose is a top 10 player in this league. During FA all we came out with is Carlos Boozer and some "non-relevant players" according to certain people in this thread. Yet we finished with the best record in the NBA over the team that got all the goods this year.

BTW if those "non-relevant players" are so bad, how come we kept winning games when Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah missed so much time? Because we have some of the best depth in the NBA that is why.

Arch Stanton
05-11-2011, 03:28 PM

Yeah it seems like a standardized response. Like when players say I gotta do whats best for my family. It's all good for your family.

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 03:30 PM
^soooo rose doesnt deserve MVP then?

SignGod
05-11-2011, 03:39 PM
You call our team "classless" and turn around and expect our fans to show you respect in turn? Yeah, good luck with that one.

Yea I called your team classless! Did I call all the fans classless? I actually don't want your respect because I've been watching these forums for awhile before joining and your post either make no sense, scream banwagoner or your 14! So you know where I expect you to shove your respect, right?! I am very down the middle on all my conversations usually. Even on this thread I'm just stating the obvious based off of all the conversations on here. Sometime you Heat fans get to be way too much!

SignGod
05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Well, I can't speak for the others, but win or lose, my account may not survive that series.

This just supports my point exactly! Thanks! Most of the adults on here can maintain a civil conversation about the teams and just point out the obvious. Its gettingthe other person to admit it and move on is the problem between heat/bulls fans.

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 03:46 PM
:yawn:

SignGod
05-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Lets be honest. Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, and Lebron James didn't just wake up over the summer and say hey why don't we just all sign with the Heat this summer. Just about every sports media outlet said this was in the making for a long time. Not only are they best friends, but Wade and Bosh posted that picture of them at Dinner and said someone was missing. Hell I believe Bosh was filming the whole process for some movie. You obviously won't film your FA process if you are just signing with a random team by yourself just like every other athlete in every other sport does. You film it when you are doing something controversial and rare that would create a lot of buzz and would give a reason for people to watch the film. Which all three of them did.

Hey many people on this board don't even think Rose is a top 10 player in this league. During FA all we came out with is Carlos Boozer and some "non-relevant players" according to certain people in this thread. Yet we finished with the best record in the NBA over the team that got all the goods this year.

BTW if those "non-relevant players" are so bad, how come we kept winning games when Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah missed so much time? Because we have some of the best depth in the NBA that is why.

Which is why we can beat the Heat! We match up well to begin with our bench is obviously way better then theirs! IF...so I don't sound like a "homer", we make it to the ECF it will be an interesting series.

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM

Did they want to play together? Sure. Was it a foregone conclusion that they would be playing together for the Miami Heat? No, it wasn't it. One of the main reasons these guys signed with Miami was because of Riley's legacy and his championship pedigree. The guy is a winner and one hell of a motivational speaker. It would only be natural for superstars to gravitate toward such an individual.

Indeed, if you were LeBron, which of the following two scenarios would motivate you to leave your hometown and sign with another team: (1) Pat Riley strolling in wearing an Armani suit with his hair slicked back and sprawling his rings on the table in front of you and encouraging you to "go ahead, try one on," or (2) Donny Walsh limping in on a wheelchair and telling you, "uh, well, we don't have space to sign you and both of your friends right now, but we will get you some help in the future, I pinky promise!"?

Riley may not have been the only reason these guys teamed up in South Beach, but you'd be foolish to think they would have done so without Riley being the President of this team.

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Which is why we can beat the Heat! We match up well to begin with our bench is obviously way better then theirs! IF...so I don't sound like a "homer", we make it to the ECF it will be an interesting series.

i'd take Wade, Lebron, and Bosh over a good bench any day

marlinsfan24
05-11-2011, 03:56 PM
This thread is dumb. Instead of appluading two men who did a wonderful job with their respective teams, whom are both 1 game away from making the ECF, Bulls and Heat fans are bickering like little girls. Pathetic. Really guys? And I am getting severely annoyed of Bulls fans and Heat fans blaming these feuds entirely on one fan base. FYI, both sides are immature and need to grow the hell up.

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 04:00 PM
This thread is dumb. Instead of appluading two men who did a wonderful job with their respective teams, whom are both 1 game away from making the ECF, Bulls and Heat fans are bickering like little girls. Pathetic. Really guys? And I am getting severely annoyed of Bulls fans and Heat fans blaming these feuds entirely on one fan base. FYI, both sides are immature and need to grow the hell up.

yea because..... they might be bull fans.... we might be heat fans......

but at the end of the day..... were all basketball fans :)

SignGod
05-11-2011, 04:01 PM

THIS! :horse:

Hey...I told Gar to send his half back so its not like I didn't try...ha ha!

gotoHcarolina52
05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
yea because..... they might be bull fans.... we might be heat fans......

but at the end of the day..... were all basketball fans :)

Only when our national security is implicated do Democrats and Republicans cease their perpetual hissy fit. And only when hating on the Celtics, Knicks, Lakers, etc do Bulls and Heat fans find common ground. Unfortunately, this is no such time.

Carry on, gentlemen.

marlinsfan24
05-11-2011, 04:07 PM
THIS! :horse:

Hey...I told Gar to send his half back so its not like I didn't try...ha ha!

Riley's just going to have to kill him then ;)

Btw, I have never ever heard of this dude till this award!

SignGod
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
wayyyy to soon man, not cool.... not cool.... (jk, never to soon imo)

im pretty sure its for guys that dont have any.... not to sure tho.... but hey if he wants to ring chase id take him in miami :)

The lakers situation is interesting to the Heat and Bulls IMO because if they blow it up there may be some decent role players to pick up for both team...for your bench and to upgrade our own! Maybe Kobe is traded to a contender for pick or players? That's a whole other thread...lol!

RZZZA
05-11-2011, 04:09 PM
any dude named "Gar" must be a total badass

godolphins
05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
its funny that this thread started like this "oh whatever it doesnt matter, its ok, its just a stupid award"

then a war started that last 13 pages lol

and lebron... really? the school system? miami schools are drop out factories man. terrible school system. i do admit SOME schools here are pretty good but that makes up a very small minority of them

14 pages now lol
It was a joke

Jay16
05-11-2011, 04:18 PM

Ohh I'm sorry all I heard was "WE'RE SCARED"!!!!!!!!!

marlinsfan24
05-11-2011, 04:22 PM
And FYI, neither Illinois or Florida provide much in the way of education:
http://www.statemaster.com/graph/edu_bes_edu_ind-education-best-educated-index

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The lakers situation is interesting to the Heat and Bulls IMO because if they blow it up there may be some decent role players to pick up for both team...for your bench and to upgrade our own! Maybe Kobe is traded to a contender for pick or players? That's a whole other thread...lol!

im actually very interested to see how that goes down. but like u said, thats another topic lol gotta focus on these playoffs 1st

marlinsfan24
05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
im actually very interested to see how that goes down. but like u said, thats another topic lol gotta focus on these playoffs 1st

Kobe for Bosh! ;)

Wade
Bryant
James
Haslem
Anthony

GAMEOVER!! :p

mikealike305
05-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Kobe for Bosh! ;)

Wade
Bryant
James
Haslem
Anthony

GAMEOVER!! :p

hahaha man, all those rings lebron promised would become wayyyy more realistic lol

SignGod
05-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Ohh I'm sorry all I heard was "WE'RE SCARED"!!!!!!!!!

Funny cuz that's what i was getting from you! Besides the Lakers and Celtic I think the bulls are the only other NBA team NOT scared of the Heat and neither are their fans. Don't you have to go clean your room or throw out the garbage or something?

SignGod
05-11-2011, 04:37 PM
hahaha man, all those rings lebron promised would become wayyyy more realistic lol

If that were to happen then they should just fold the NBA...ha haha

ManRam
05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Considering there hasn't been an on-topic post in quite sometime, and considering the immaturity displayed here, I think this has to be closed.