PDA

View Full Version : KG takes a cheap shot on Lebron

daleja424
05-10-2011, 12:34 PM
I have never understood how the league has allowed Kevin Garnett to get away with so much borderline play, but letting this go without even calling a normal foul being called left me speechless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52BHACm5CQ

The video is not great but it is the only video of the play that anyone has been able to find (credit to sportsobsessor for finding the play). if anyone finds a better video of the play post a link.

Now I know that most of you hate Lebron so you won't care, but for the purpose of this discussion I ask that you replace Lebron with your favorite player for right now and assume this play happened to them.

Should the league react to the play? Should the officials have called something in game? This play reminded me a lot of the Ron Artest frustration shot to Barrea's head in the Lakers series. Should the league take a similar stance and fine or suspend KG?

Thoughts?

dhopisthename
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
looked like an accident to me

Tarheels23
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Ive been on this site for like 3-4 months and there have been sooooooo many KG hate discussions and Derrick Rose love discussion. Give it a rest!!!!!!

Gibby23
05-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I have never understood how the league has allowed Kevin Garnett to get away with so much borderline play, but letting this go without even calling a normal foul being called left me speechless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52BHACm5CQ

The video is not great but it is the only video of the play that anyone has been able to find (credit to sportsobsessor for finding the play). if anyone finds a better video of the play post a link.

Now I know that most of you hate Lebron so you won't care, but for the purpose of this discussion I ask that you replace Lebron with your favorite player for right now and assume this play happened to them.

Should the league react to the play? Should the officials have called something in game? This play reminded me a lot of the Ron Artest frustration shot to Barrea's head in the Lakers series. Should the league take a similar stance and fine or suspend KG?Thoughts?

Not the same. KG just pushed off. Artest hit the guy in the head on a meaningless end of the game play.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 12:40 PM
wow you guys are really mature... if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion then don't contribute.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
looked like an accident to me

an accident? he turned around and threw his arm into lebrons head and neck area... how on earth does someone do that accidentally?

haggis
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
:laugh2:

Super.
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Seriously? A punch? :laugh:

You guys win a game and feel the need to bait? From the former mod nonetheless?

It was a little push. Nothing worse than what LeBron does with the ball in his hand.

ManRam
05-10-2011, 12:43 PM
I saw that in real time, I think marlinsfan caught it too (at least mentioned it in the GT).

Cheap shot? Yes...but I'm not gonna get too worked up over it. Pretty weak punch.

But it's KG...this stuff is expected. Hopefully he doesn't go Odom or Bynum in game 5 if they lose.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2011, 12:44 PM
KG is smart. He doesn't do this **** on a guy going for a layup. There was a fast break going the other way. The official is going to be folliwing the ball so KG knows he can get away w/ that.

Although, on that play, it looks like the official was looking directly at him...

jets-24
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
whinnin like a lil biaaaatcch .....thats what we are callin a punch these days

ChitownSports16
05-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Ive been on this site for like 3-4 months and there have been sooooooo many KG hate discussions and Derrick Rose love discussion. Give it a rest!!!!!!

LMFAO really??

looks like you Have NOT been here long enough.

king4day
05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Worthy of a foul call? Sure.
But far worse has been done this post season.
And the video title is 'punch'. I wasn't aware that a punch could entail and open hand.

Ollie Tabooger
05-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Seriously? A punch? :laugh:

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

This,

It was a little push. Nothing worse than what LeBron does with the ball in his hand.

This

:laugh2:

And this.

Rego247
05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
lol a punch? really?

thats more of a shove than anything.

Heater4life
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
No big imo, playoff basketball at its finest.

Super.
05-10-2011, 12:51 PM
No big imo, playoff basketball at its finest.

This.

D1JM
05-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Worthy of a foul call? Sure.
But far worse has been done this post season.
And the video title is 'punch'. I wasn't aware that a punch could entail and open hand.

more like a ***** slap

Super.
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
more like a ***** slap

It's not like LeBron doesn't need one or two

Da Knicks
05-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Kg is dirty but that was nothing compared to other stuff he has got away with.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
It's KG he plays with intensity so he gets a pass

daleja424
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I was wondering why you guys were complaining about punches (since I certainly didnt call it a punch). I cant control what the guy on youtube titles the video. All I said was it was a cheap shot what should the reaction be (either in game or from the league).

and how on earth is it baiting to point out a cheap shot with video evidence? seriously people...

bahama0811
05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Honestly, I don't think it was that bad. Should it have been a foul? Sure but IMO that should be it. And I can't stand KG but there just wasn't much there.

Jaji
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Yeah I saw that. But no harm, no foul. This is the playoffs.

SteBO
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I really think it's time for some of you to grow up and read the thread title. Not once did daleja say it was a punch, he's simply asking a question about what should happen if the league were to catch wind of this, which I don't think will happen. Even if the league reviewed this, no way he'll be suspended for Game 5, maybe fined, but nothing more.

KG has been doing this for a long time, so it's not a surprise to me. I'm stunned he hasn't faced some penalty considering the nonsense he's gotten away with since he even came to Boston, but it's a moot point because it's the playoffs. This sort of thing happens.

Jaji
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Honestly, I don't think it was that bad. Should it have been a foul? Sure but IMO that should be it. And I can't stand KG but there just wasn't much there.

Yeah I agree. I hate KG too but come on...

t_money25
05-10-2011, 01:12 PM
As a Heat fan I have to disagree. I saw this live and it didn't look cheap to me. KG gave Lebron a little push as he was running down court and Lebron tried to flop so he could get a call. This stuff happens all the time. This does not compare to the Artest situation at all.....

ttam68
05-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Kg is dirty but that was nothing compared to other stuff he has got away with.

This. It was intended to be a cheapshot but I still think Lebron exaggerated the contact. It was worthy of a foul/technical, but certainly nothing after the fact.

It'll be interesting to see how the Celtics respond if they end up in a blowout like the Lakers. If Perk was still there I'd guarantee some kind of ridiculous flagrant, but I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone other than Ray Allen on that roster take a cheapshot.

Jaji
05-10-2011, 01:14 PM
It's not like LeBron doesn't need one or two

Yeah, how dare he defecate on your Celtics :rolleyes:.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Seriously? A punch?

P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

For someone that complains about this discussion being a baiting thread you sure have baited me an awful lot...

If you can't have an intellegent conversation with people that have a different POV than yourself then maybe you shouldn't be posting in a forum.

3Blueforyou
05-10-2011, 01:16 PM
this is not the play to complain about garnett, nothing was even brought up during the game if i remember correctly. You have a bunch of giants making quick direction changes on the floor ******* happens, i dont think it hurt lebron at all. Who cares, i also strongly agree that if a foul would of been called a thread would of been started talking about how lebron gets all these weak calls.

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 01:17 PM

this is just heat fans crying foul because Wade got labelled a dirty player the other day. another stupid thread was made by a heat fan earlier today too.

Super.
05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah, how dare he defecate on your Celtics :rolleyes:.

I was talking more or less about some of his other decisions, like the karma comment among others.

But hey, it's cool to assume!

NYK4L
05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Not a big deal imo..is it a foul? yes..should've been called? yes..are nba refs incompetents? definitely.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
this is just heat fans crying foul because Wade got labelled a dirty player the other day. another stupid thread was made by a heat fan earlier today too.

ya... HEAT fans are the first ones to call out KG for being dirty... rigghhttt...

Super.
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
For someone that complains about this discussion being a baiting thread you sure have baited me an awful lot...

If you can't have an intellegent conversation with people that have a different POV than yourself then maybe you shouldn't be posting in a forum.

I honestly posted that and edited it. I did realize I went a bit over the top. But seriously, this is ridiculous.

This is playoff basketball and and KG we're talking about. KG is most likely the dirtyest player in the NBA

do we need a new thread EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE GETS BURTHURT THAT KG IS A BIG MEANIE?

Super.
05-10-2011, 01:22 PM
ya... HEAT fans are the first ones to call out KG for being dirty... rigghhttt...

You certainly did :shrug:

bahama0811
05-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Alright, well this thread is going nowhere.