PDA

View Full Version : If you are Dwight, who would you rather play with? Melo, Deron, CP3, Rose, Kobe, o KD

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
05-10-2011, 12:00 PM
If you are Dwight, who would you rather play with? Melo, Deron, CP3, Rose, Kobe or Durant

Kobe will be 33 next year (LA offers Gasol and Bynum for Dwight)

Melo will be 27 next year (Knicks offer Amare and a pick for Dwight)

Deron will be 27 next year (Nets offer Brook Lopez and Humphries and Morrow for Dwight)

CP3 will be 26 next year (Hornets offer Okafor, D.West and Ariza for Dwight) - Not happening, can't really construct a decent deal on either side for this to happen.

Rose will be 23 next year (Bulls offer Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer for Dwight or even Noah/Boozer/Deng for Dwight and Hedo)

Durant will be 23 next year ((Maybe offer up Westbrook, Perkins and Ibaka for Dwight and Nelson)

Dwight himself will be 26 next year

When I give the ages, I mean as of December 31st, 2011.

I assummed Melo for the Knicks would stay because there would be no room to have Dwight and Amare in NY.

With regards to CP3 he more than likely would be able to get traded to Orlando than Dwight getting traded to New Orleans. Same thing with maybe Deron Williams although I can see Brook Lopez and Humphries and Morrow for Dwight being a decent package. The other teams in LA, Chi and NY can offer solid packages for Dwight.

With that said, if you are Dwight and considering age as well, who would your preference be to play with?

ManRam
05-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Jameer Nelson.

Chris Paul is the best answer though. Best complete PG in the league. He'd make things the easiest for Dwight. Kobe would be last on the list.

Avenged
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
I mean.. individually Chris Paul without a doubt.

But you obviously have to take the whole team into account so I would say The Bulls with Rose. The Thunder as well.

Baller1
05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Easily CP3. He'd make it so easy for Dwight on the offensive end.

And then I'll say Durant, since Durant would open up the paint for Dwight so much more than he's used to.

ssprimetime
05-10-2011, 12:10 PM
cp3 and the nets dont have devin harris...

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Paul or Deron.

/thread

SteBO
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
I mean.. individually Chris Paul without a doubt.

But you obviously have to take the whole team into account so I would say The Bulls with Rose. The Thunder as well.

And then I'll say Durant, since Durant would open up the paint for Dwight so much more than he's used to.

Agree with these.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 12:12 PM
This is stupid.

How could we know what Dwight wants, he has once said that he wants to play with Kobe....so there goes my vote.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Durant
CP3
Rose

Double_R
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
As much as I like Kobe, he would be dead last on this list based on age alone.

It would go like this:
Easily CP3
2. DWill (pass first pg, about on CP3 level)
3. KD (unselfish & young)
4. DRose: Young and talented, once he learns how to take better shots and not just be a chuckker, he will be dangerous
5. Melo (age makes him more appealing than Kobe)
6. Kobe is still great, but for how long? How does he adapt to aging? only drove like twice the entire Mavs series, does he just rely on shooting jumpers, too many questions

BTW, the DH threads are becoming absurd, they should be all merged into one, they just provoke terribly inaccurate statements regarding his situation and clog up the msg boards. Not to mention that it's forever away. Sports are happening right now and this isn't.

Gibby23
05-10-2011, 12:17 PM

They would both be mad at Westbrook for not passing...lol..

Whats up with him, even my wife mad a comment during the 4th qtr and overtime. She said isn't Durant the best player on the team and why doesn't that guy ever pass to him...lol

Avenged
05-10-2011, 12:19 PM

Whats up with him, even my wife mad a comment during the 4th qtr and overtime. She said isn't Durant the best player on the team and why doesn't that guy ever pass to him...lol

Hah! Yep, you didn't even have to be an average basketball fan to tell that Westbrook was hogging the ball down the stretch. He was making them more in the 3rd OT though, at least.

Slimsim
05-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Cp3 and not even close.

Tarheels23
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Chris Paul, and its not even close. Remember the pick and roll game with Paul and Tyson Chandler? Now substitute Chandler with Howard..... Yeah thats unreal.

Plus, PG and C are the two most important positions on the floor. Both of them are top offensive and defensive players at their positions.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 12:21 PM
CP3 by alot... CP3 made Tyson Chandler and Emeka Okafor look like dominant big man...

Deron Williams is in second place...

....and the rest are WAY down the list

Baller1
05-10-2011, 12:22 PM

Well if Dwight were to ever play with Durant, Westrook would have to be included in the trade. Maynor would do a fine job of getting the ball to Durant and Dwight... (I've dreamt of this scenario so many times already :laugh2:).

As much **** as I've given him throughout these playoffs, and everyone else as well, he really does just love to win. He may make dumb decisions, but he also makes some incredible plays. Once he matures and learns the game to a higher degree, he has the talent to become a top tier elite player. It's all on his maturation though.

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 12:22 PM
considering he's "better" than all of them, they should want to play with him and he should stay in orlando

D1JM
05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
cp3. but if you are talking about teams and a player, the bulls and rose.

it might be a homer pick though.

mikealike305
05-10-2011, 12:23 PM
no question, paul

D1JM
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM
considering he's "better" than all of them, they should want to play with him and he should stay in orlando

hey juicer, do you feel that the orlando newspaper is trying to push howard out or do you think he is going to use that as an excuse if he left orlando?

Robbw241
05-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Sweet we can trade Devin again! :dance2:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Sweet we can trade Devin again! :dance2:

rare mistake by JB:p

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Why is Carmelo in this list??? I wish this was a public poll so we could see all the homers who didnt pick Paul or Deron

Baller1
05-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Why is Carmelo in this list??? I wish this was a public poll so we could see all the homers who didnt pick Paul or Deron

Agreed. CP3 should be the only one receiving votes.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM

:facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Agreed. CP3 should be the only one receiving votes.

Has howard ever said he wants to play with Paul?

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 12:51 PM
hey juicer, do you feel that the orlando newspaper is trying to push howard out or do you think he is going to use that as an excuse if he left orlando?

both...they won't shut up and leave him alone, and that would annoy anyone. but he will use it as an excuse. something like, "the paper kept saying i was going here or there so i went"

JordansBulls
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM

It is a public poll.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=36906

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 12:54 PM

yea actually, he has a lot.

ChicagoJ
05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Would Orlando even do a trade with the Bulls, who are already a good team that they would have to compete against in the East?

Baller1
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM

1. Yes.
2. Does it matter if he has or not? I think it's pretty obvious that CP3 would be the best player for Dwight to play alongside.

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Would Orlando even do a trade with the Bulls, who are already a good team that they would have to compete against in the East?

nope i don't think they would

DoMeFavors
05-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Deron or Chris Paul
All these superstars teaming up now Dwight could join Chris Paul or Deron and form another superstar combo.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 01:10 PM
CP3 made Tyson Chandler look like Dwight Howard...

Derrick Rose makes Carlos Boozer look like kwame brown...

If Dwight wants to elevate his game he needs to play with a real playmaking PG like CP3 or Deron...

(NO disrespect to Derrick Rose... but he more of a SG with PG size than a setup PG)

John Walls Era
05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Chris Paul or Deron Williams. Probably wouldn't want to play with Kobe.

Gibby23
05-10-2011, 01:15 PM
John Wall. I forgot about this kid.

D1JM
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
CP3 made Tyson Chandler look like Dwight Howard...

Derrick Rose makes Carlos Boozer look like kwame brown...

If Dwight wants to elevate his game he needs to play with a real playmaking PG like CP3 or Deron...

(NO disrespect to Derrick Rose... but he more of a SG with PG size than a setup PG)

he averages two points less than last season, and right around his career avg and now he is kwame brown. wow

Double_R
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Deron or Chris Paul
All these superstars teaming up now Dwight could join Chris Paul or Deron and form another superstar combo.

Exactly, I could see either of these guys joining DH in Orlando.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:25 PM

Na... he is not proven enough yet

Silent
05-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Rose
Durant

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:27 PM
he averages two points less than last season, and right around his career avg and now he is kwame brown. wow

A two point drop in average is a lot considering that CHI doesnt have that many scorers outside of Rose so they need him to score better. Its not his fault thou. He was spoiled by Deron Williams into thinking that he is better than he is

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Rose
Durant

:rolleyes:

benzni
05-10-2011, 01:29 PM
why would the thunder trade westbrook? Besides, they have perkins, Ibaka, Mohammad as big men.

D1JM
05-10-2011, 01:31 PM
A two point drop in average is a lot considering that CHI doesnt have that many scorers outside of Rose so they need him to score better. Its not his fault thou. He was spoiled by Deron Williams into thinking that he is better than he is

nothing has to do with injuries right?

daleja424
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM

It was obviously an exaggeration. My point was simply that Rose is not nearly the setup man that Chris Paul is.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:33 PM
It is a public poll.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=36906

Thanks. Didnt even see that...

and the poll results say: PSD is homer central.

DERRICK ROSE: At LEAST 6 Bulls fans out of 9

MELO: At LEAST 3 Knicks fans

DERON: At LEAST 3 Nets fans and a Jazz fan

And worst of all no votes for the second best player on that list for Dwight: Durant... smmfh

ttam68
05-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Durant
CP3
Dwill
DRose
Kobe
Melo

And I can't believe I'm the first to say Durant. Elite post big and elite perimeter player with one of the best jumpers in the league, both young, both injury free, both ego free. They'd be unstoppable.

CP3 and Dwill would both be great too, but they're later in their careers, have had injuries, and can't shoot the way Durant does.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Durant
CP3
Dwill
DRose
Kobe
Melo

And I can't believe I'm the first to say Durant. Elite post big and elite perimeter player with one of the best jumpers in the league, both young, both injury free, both ego free. They'd be unstoppable.

CP3 and Dwill would both be great too, but they're later in their careers, have had injuries, and can't shoot the way Durant does.

Your list is perfect except that as good as Durant is Dwight needs a playmaker more than anything. I cant believe he has been this good with Jameer. It shoulb be CP3 then Deron THEN Durant...

Rapsfanforlife
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm sure he'd love CP3, but he's heading to the Lakers on a big sweet contract.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 01:44 PM

I didn't, because D Rose tore both of them up this year, neither one are still playing, and D Rose is younger and the MVP. So why would that be a homer pick when CP3 is missing a knee cap and is older? Not to mention Rose has done more in 3 years in the league then either one of them has in their careers. I'd say anyone who wouldn't pick the current MVP would be making a homer pick. Look at your sig for christ's sake.

Young2Kinsler
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Dirk

ohreally
05-10-2011, 01:52 PM
No doubt, thinking about himself it would have to be CP3 or Deron, but Durant and Dirk probably present teams with the biggest matchup problems, and adding Howard alongside either would be pretty much unstoppable.

Double_R
05-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Seriously, Melo over CP3, DWILL, Durant, Rose
Obvious Knicks Homers:
Da Knicks, DieHardColtsfan, JetsNation24, WashHeightsO

A few Nets Homers that still think DWill is gonna resign, plus some DWill fans
bahama0811, benzni, DoMeFavors, King P, Robbobw241, Utahjazzfan18, xM1GSx

Logical PSD posters:
AntiG, Avenged24, baller101200, Chill_Will_24, D1RoseJM, daleja424, ddhulett, dhopisthename, Double_R, EddieR19, EnWhyKay, Frantico, Giantwarrior, HeatBBall, j0h@n63, jockrider, John Walls Era, mikealike305, patsSOXknicks, Saddler The Gr8, Slimsim, ssprimetime, SteBO, Tarheels23, WhyDuquette

Delusional Bulls Homers: Typical names you see below
b1e9a8r5s, Chippers, ChiSox219, ChitownSports16, Cubsfan365, gocubs2118, jets-24, Muttman73, RIPSweetness34, ScottyFresh11

Guys that refuse to believe that Kobe only had 1 layup 0 dunks the entire Mavs series, sorry guys but he is just too old to be a logical choice at this time:
-Kobe24-TJ19-, 8kobe24, KingPosey, koreancabbage, still1ballin

This guy loves Durant
ttam68

ohreally
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Dirk

Didn't see this before my post, but yeah, Dirk and Howard on the same team would be just about impossible to deal with.

Lil Rhody
05-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Rondo

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I didn't, because D Rose tore both of them up this year, neither one are still playing, and D Rose is younger and the MVP. So why would that be a homer pick when CP3 is missing a knee cap and is older? Not to mention Rose has done more in 3 years in the league then either one of them has in their careers. I'd say anyone who wouldn't pick the current MVP would be making a homer pick. Look at your sig for christ's sake.

:laugh: Bulls fans...

Your "MVP" happens to be one of the most inefficient guys left in these playoffs has turned the ball over like crazy and is a ball hog lots of the time. Dwight+Rose would be nasty cuz they are both so good but Dwight+CP3 would be a dynasty cuz they are both so good AND because CP3 is a playmaker unlke Rose who is just a scorer. Rose is Allen Iverson 2.0... who by the way was ALSO an MVP.

Yes... look at my sig... then look at my vote :pity: im such a homer

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I just realized that Lebron wasnt in this list..

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Obvious Knicks Homers:

Logical PSD posters:
AntiG, Avenged24, baller101200, Chill_Will_24, D1RoseJM, daleja424, ddhulett, dhopisthename, Double_R, EddieR19, EnWhyKay, Frantico, Giantwarrior, HeatBBall, j0h@n63, jockrider, John Walls Era, mikealike305, patsSOXknicks, Saddler The Gr8, Slimsim, ssprimetime, SteBO, Tarheels23, WhyDuquette

b1e9a8r5s, Chippers, ChiSox219, ChitownSports16, Cubsfan365, gocubs2118, jets-24, Muttman73, RIPSweetness34, ScottyFresh11

Guys that refuse to believe that Kobe only had 1 layup 0 dunks the entire Mavs series, sorry guys but he is just too old to be a logical choice at this time:

This guy loves Durant
ttam68

:clap:

Lake_Show2416
05-10-2011, 02:00 PM
I don't understand y u would have every team besides the Knicks giving up their 2 best bigs in a trade, any team that trades for Dwight won't trade their whole starting front line

DCB/LAL
05-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Dwight has laready answered this quetion himself...

video- http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=7f4df60f-0d3c-49ae-8b50-f69caf13588a

Then somebody asked Howard the same question that James fielded in Phoenix in 2009 at All-Star Weekend: If there was one All-Star you could play with in the future, who would that be? James didn't waste a second.

"Chris Bosh," he said.

Now it was Howard's turn. He chuckled, paused and then said, "No. 24. Kobe Bryant."

File that one away when he goes to the Lakers. That's already been speculated on because Howard thinks he can expand his brand out here.

"Kobe's an unbelievable person to be around and to talk to and to pick his brain," Howard said. "He's great. And he's a good guy. So that's why I'd want him on my team."

What about getting the chance to play with someone who has five rings and is clearly the game's top player?

"I don't have any, so I wish I had some rings and one day I will," he said. "I just want to win the championship and that's what everybody is after."

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/02/20/fueling.lakers.rumors.dwight.howard.says.kobe.brya nt.all.star.he.would.most.want

Obviously the answer is Kobe. And if I were him id also pick Kobe.

John Walls Era
05-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Obvious Knicks Homers:

Logical PSD posters:

This guy loves Durant
ttam68
:clap: People need to do posts like this more often.

Wall doesn't need Howard. What Wall needs is Enes kanter, but thats O/T.

THE MTL
05-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Well CP3 is the obvious choice.

smith&wesson
05-10-2011, 02:10 PM
id go to new york and play with melo & stat

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Dwight has laready answered this quetion himself...

video- http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=7f4df60f-0d3c-49ae-8b50-f69caf13588a

http://www.iamagm.com/news/2011/02/20/fueling.lakers.rumors.dwight.howard.says.kobe.brya nt.all.star.he.would.most.want

Obviously the answer is Kobe. And if I were him id also pick Kobe.

He didnt say he wanted to be on HIS team. He said "thats why i would want him on MY team"

Swashcuff
05-10-2011, 02:11 PM
The best PG in the world please. Chris Paul

DCB/LAL
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
He didnt say he wanted to be on HIS team. He said "thats why i would want him on MY team"

I really hope your being sarcastic with that... :shrug:

Straight out the devils mouth anyone who calls someone "dellusional" beecause they say KOBE is the one who is "dellusional". Unless they will try and argue video evidence as you just tried to do...but like I said I hope your being sarcastic.

Kashmir13579
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Chris Paul ftw!

Kashmir13579
05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Chris Paul and Dwight Howard win multiple championships, regardless of who the supporting cast is.

wjmoffatt
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
If you are Dwight, who would you rather play with? Melo, Deron, CP3, Rose, Kobe or Durant

Kobe will be 33 next year (LA offers Gasol and Bynum for Dwight)

Melo will be 27 next year (Knicks offer Amare and a pick for Dwight)

Deron will be 27 next year (Nets offer Brook Lopez and Humphries and Morrow for Dwight)

CP3 will be 26 next year (Hornets offer Okafor, D.West and Ariza for Dwight) - Not happening, can't really construct a decent deal on either side for this to happen.

Rose will be 23 next year (Bulls offer Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer for Dwight or even Noah/Boozer/Deng for Dwight and Hedo)

Durant will be 23 next year ((Maybe offer up Westbrook, Perkins and Ibaka for Dwight and Nelson)

Dwight himself will be 26 next year

When I give the ages, I mean as of December 31st, 2011.

I assummed Melo for the Knicks would stay because there would be no room to have Dwight and Amare in NY.

With regards to CP3 he more than likely would be able to get traded to Orlando than Dwight getting traded to New Orleans. Same thing with maybe Deron Williams although I can see Brook Lopez and Humphries and Morrow for Dwight being a decent package. The other teams in LA, Chi and NY can offer solid packages for Dwight.

With that said, if you are Dwight and considering age as well, who would your preference be to play with?

First off, you can't offer Pau Gasol and Bynum for Howard the numbers wouldn't work out! Second, the Bulls wouldn't part with all of that, if anything they would offer Boozer, Taj, and Omar Asak. Only place that makes sense is for him to go to LA with CP3, and getting rid of PAu and Bynum. Then LA ship out Artest, with any of these players individually: Steve Blake or Luke Walton

gaughan333
05-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Is this questions asking which player he wants to play with, say they were to start their own team. Or which team would he want to go to and play. If it is the second one, then whether he gets traded or signs there makes a huge difference. I voted for Rose, thinking the team was included. If it is just which player he would play best beside, then I'll change my vote to CP3.

gaughan333
05-10-2011, 02:33 PM
First off, you can't offer Pau Gasol and Bynum for Howard the numbers wouldn't work out! Second, the Bulls wouldn't part with all of that, if anything they would offer Boozer, Taj, and Omar Asak. Only place that makes sense is for him to go to LA with CP3, and getting rid of PAu and Bynum. Then LA ship out Artest, with any of these players individually: Steve Blake or Luke Walton

This makes no sense. How do you see LA getting both CP3 and D12?

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks. Didnt even see that...

and the poll results say: PSD is homer central.

DERRICK ROSE: At LEAST 6 Bulls fans out of 9

MELO: At LEAST 3 Knicks fans

DERON: At LEAST 3 Nets fans and a Jazz fan

And worst of all no votes for the second best player on that list for Dwight: Durant... smmfh

Durant?? The catch and shoot phenom that can't pass the ball??? The kid that doesn't defend???

Think of it in terms of how well they will actually play together and it's clear you either go with Kobe or CP3.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 02:40 PM
CP3 in a landslide. Dwight would get 5 alley-oop dunks a night just from CP3 breaking down opponents, and Paul has shown the ability to make EVERYONE around him appear far better than they are. I can't imagine anyone else not agreeing with Paul quite honestly, unless you are factoring in the imminent knee issue a few years down the line.

limebalz05
05-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Howard needs a PG who can knock dow the deep "J". For this reason, ROSE would be a bad match. Wherever Deron or CP3 end up would be a logical choice.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I really hope your being sarcastic with that... :shrug:

Straight out the devils mouth anyone who calls someone "dellusional" beecause they say KOBE is the one who is "dellusional". Unless they will try and argue video evidence as you just tried to do...but like I said I hope your being sarcastic.

Maybe your sarcasm shield was on... :D

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Durant?? The catch and shoot phenom that can't pass the ball??? The kid that doesn't defend???

Think of it in terms of how well they will actually play together and it's clear you either go with Kobe or CP3.

ummm... yea i think ill just slap you with one of these... :facepalm:

Baller1
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM

I think he's talking about the most consistent, dominant scorer in the NBA who uses his length to actually play sufficient defense and has no ego problems.

29$JerZ
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Clearly CP3

I wonder if NY somehow getting Paul would entice Dwight to want to come to NY.

Dwight's most likely bet though is staying with Jameer Nelson though or following Shaq's footsteps and being a Laker.

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Why aren't LeBron and Wade on this list? Dwight is ready (http://i54.tinypic.com/30j600k.png) for South Beach.

GREATNESS ONE
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
The Question should be; What city do you want to play in if you're Dwight Howard?

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Clearly CP3

I wonder if NY somehow getting Paul would entice Dwight to want to come to NY.

Dwight's most likely bet though is staying with Jameer Nelson though or following Shaq's footsteps and being a Laker.

yea, all new york would have to do is trade melo and amare for him

uprightciti
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
You will not get D12 on your team without taking Arenas contract with it...

He will stay in Orlando

cp3 will be a knick
phil jackson will come back to his roots in 2012
and the big apple trio will win there first championship in 40 years

g'nite!

gotoHcarolina52
05-10-2011, 02:59 PM
The Question should be; What city do you want to play in if you're Dwight Howard?

This (http://api.ning.com/files/I9DmUdo-lsFVw0YQpiDV9ppVUNt0X6Eub0bm5v*iazxGIo9gIhaO15bYpr zhkKPagf8vS6lSECzd3WNfAf58HQWk4NHLNuoQ/Miami.bmp) is pretty enticing.

Raph12
05-10-2011, 03:05 PM
1. CP3 - Best passer in the league, would get Dwight 30ppg (20ppg on dunks alone lol)
2. DWill - Great passer, great pnr player
3. Durant - Outstanding scorer, doesn't need the ball to be effective
4. Kobe - Outstanding leader, great scorer, good interior passer (see Pau)
5. Melo - Unguardable 1v1 scorer, great off-ball player
6. Rose - Near unguardable 1v1 scorer, courtvision lacking (no offence Bulls fans)

VictimUK
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
CP3, him and Dwight would be unstoppable

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
1. CP3 - Best passer in the league, would get Dwight 30ppg (20ppg on dunks alone lol)
6. Rose - Near unguardable 1v1 scorer, courtvision lacking (no offence Bulls fans)

Prepare yourself for the wrath of the Bulls fans... hope you are ready. Here comes the CHI MOB...

MJ-BULLS
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
CP3 is my answer.

Just for the fact that he passes the ball so well and looks forward to passing the ball, he makes his teammates look like all star players.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 03:37 PM
You will not get D12 on your team without taking Arenas contract with it...

He will stay in Orlando

cp3 will be a knick
phil jackson will come back to his roots in 2012
and the big apple trio will win there first championship in 40 years

g'nite!

Ok so the Knicks will get the best PG in the league and then get the one coach whose system makes the point guard position irrelevant?.. actually that sounds like a Knicks type of move...

Raph12
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Prepare yourself for the wrath of the Bulls fans... hope you are ready. Here comes the CHI MOB...

Not trying to be a dick, I wouldn't want Dwight playing with WB either, they're PGs who handle the ball all the time, yet always look for their own shot vs looking for their teammates...

Kyben36
05-10-2011, 03:43 PM
somebody young enough to make multiple runs with, in other words, not kobe.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Not trying to be a dick, I wouldn't want Dwight playing with WB either, they're PGs who handle the ball all the time, yet always look for their own shot vs looking for their teammates...

I agree. Wesbrook and Rose are near clones of each other and John Wall is also cut from the same cloth.

Raph12
05-10-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree. Wesbrook and Rose are near clones of each other and John Wall is also cut from the same cloth.

No actually Wall isn't at all... He's a very willing passer and looks for his teammates constantly, he just needs teammates that can score and he'd lead the league in APG.

The only thing Wall has in common with WB and Rose is his athleticism.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 03:50 PM
I think he's talking about the most consistent, dominant scorer in the NBA who uses his length to actually play sufficient defense and has no ego problems.

Sure he is.:rolleyes:

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 03:53 PM

Wrong again Nets fan. Rose is more mature in his game and his attitude when it comes to his game. No way is Westbrook similar to Rose. Rose is more poised, more dynamic offensively, doesn't turn the ball over as much, and has better range and a better touch around the basket.

If you are gonna compare Wall to Rose as well than it's clear you don't know much about the game. :facepalm:

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
ummm... yea i think ill just slap you with one of these... :facepalm:

And how would it be any different from having Durant next to Dwight than Rashard Lewis. Both guys can shoot and have unbelievable range. Durant handles the ball better but it doesn't mean much when he doesn't have the ability to set guys up and assist to Dwight. It wouldn't be a good pairing.

CP3 is the best answer.

Gators123
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
CP3 or Durant

Vincent
05-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm gonna say Derrick Rose not because of their perspective games but because they're both featured on the Fast Don't Lie Adidas campaign, and did a good amount of travelling with each other. Both of them have been on the record of calling each other good friends.

It might not seem like a huge connection, but I'm sure Howard's agents are in his ear about going to a big market like Chicago and teaming up with Rose to make a huge marketing team with Derrick Rose.

KnicksR4Real
05-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Trade Amare, sean, toney, and fields for Dwight. sign cp3

melo
dwight
cp3

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Wrong again Nets fan. Rose is more mature in his game and his attitude when it comes to his game. No way is Westbrook similar to Rose. Rose is more poised, more dynamic offensively, doesn't turn the ball over as much, and has better range and a better touch around the basket.

If you are gonna compare Wall to Rose as well than it's clear you don't know much about the game. :facepalm:

ok Lakers fan... They are all similar players. I agree with Ralph12 that Wall is a better and more willing passer and has better court vision but he is still a similar player. Fast, explosive, athletic...

Learn the meaning of the word similar. I never said Westbrook is better. I said that they are similar. They play similar. All the things that you mentioned; poised etc. are things that Westbrook can be as well.

stlbest5in2013
05-10-2011, 04:07 PM
as a bulls fan this sucks to say, but MELO is his best playing option.

i would love for him to be in chicago, that said rose attacking the rim, and d-12 living in the paint. i dont see how it would not stunt their development.

if rose can shoot 40% from 3 next year, and d-12 stays in orlando and is not traded this year. then i could easily flip flop this to rose.

rose needs shooters, d-12 needs shooters, both need shooters!!!!! on their team for them to win.

melo
cp3

then the rest doesnt matter. if d-12 wants to win multiple rings then kobe is out. kobe is not going to stay the course, he will start to decline, its only natural. the lakers will likely find a kobe replacement when the time comes. there is no guarantee though of that happening.

if he joins another young star under contract, then his chances of winning are way better, just saying.

Blazers#1Fan
05-10-2011, 04:07 PM
If he does get traded it will be to a team in the west LA or OKC hopefully my blazers get involved Orlando won't trade him to a eastern team

Anybody on the blazers not named Aldridge or Wallace - Batum,Oden,Fernandez,Camby,Roy,Babbit + 2 first round picks(2012,2014) for Arenas,Howard would give us the best front court in the NBA and the best defensive team in the NBA and would give Orlando a playoff team 2 first round picks a Allstar in roy(got his form back in the playoffs) a center with Potential Oden a solid vet PF/C Camby a great up and coming SF Batum and a good 3pt shooter in Fernandez and also and a young shooting SF Babbit

C Howard #12
PF Aldridge #23
SF Wallace #3
SG Matthews #2
PG Miller #24
6th Arenas #0

C Oden
PF Camby/Bass
SF Batum/Hedo/Babbit
SG Roy/Richardson/Fernandez
PG Nelson

midwestmadman
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I couldn't see him playing on OKC at all, and I don't think it would work out. They utililze speed and fast breaks to get easy buckets, I know Dwight can run the floor but I think he would slow down a guy like Westbrook on the offensive end, they don't have a solid group of outside shooters so it isn't like they have be a big threat that can't be left alone, thus Dwight would see more double teams. I love it on paper and I like OKC I just don't think the games mesh well. Chicago, maybe it would would work out better, but th eonly for sure answers here woul dbe CP3 or Deron. I voted Deron since CP3 had the most votes already. However NOLA doesn't have the right pieces to make a deal for him, and they are in dire straits financially very low odds of him in NOLA, but perhaps CP3 to Orlando?

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:11 PM
And how would it be any different from having Durant next to Dwight than Rashard Lewis. Both guys can shoot and have unbelievable range. Durant handles the ball better but it doesn't mean much when he doesn't have the ability to set guys up and assist to Dwight. It wouldn't be a good pairing.

CP3 is the best answer.

:pity:

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
I couldn't see him playing on OKC at all, and I don't think it would work out. They utililze speed and fast breaks to get easy buckets, I know Dwight can run the floor but I think he would slow down a guy like Westbrook on the offensive end, they don't have a solid group of outside shooters so it isn't like they have be a big threat that can't be left alone, thus Dwight would see more double teams. I love it on paper and I like OKC I just don't think the games mesh well. Chicago, maybe it would would work out better, but th eonly for sure answers here woul dbe CP3 or Deron. I voted Deron since CP3 had the most votes already. However NOLA doesn't have the right pieces to make a deal for him, and they are in dire straits financially very low odds of him in NOLA, but perhaps CP3 to Orlando?

:laugh: WHAT?!

DCB/LAL
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
If he does get traded it will be to a team in the west LA or OKC hopefully my blazers get involved Orlando won't trade him to a eastern team

Anybody on the blazers not named Aldridge or Wallace - Batum,Oden,Fernandez,Camby,Roy,Babbit + 2 first round picks(2012,2014) for Arenas,Howard would give us the best front court in the NBA and the best defensive team in the NBA and would give Orlando a playoff team 2 first round picks a Allstar in roy(got his form back in the playoffs) a center with Potential Oden a solid vet PF/C Camby a great up and coming SF Batum and a good 3pt shooter in Fernandez and also and a young shooting SF Babbit

C Howard #12
PF Aldridge #23
SF Wallace #3
SG Matthews #2
PG Miller #24
6th Arenas #0

C Oden
PF Camby/Bass
SF Batum/Hedo/Babbit
PG Nelson

Any team trading for Dwight will have to give a young up and coming STAR....Roy if healthy would of been an option in Portlands case it would no doubt have to include Aldrige AND possibly Wallace.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Didn't see this before my post, but yeah, Dirk and Howard on the same team would be just about impossible to deal with.

This would be true, but Dirk is older too.

midwestmadman
05-10-2011, 04:14 PM

C Howard #12
PF Aldridge #23
SF Wallace #3
SG Matthews #2
PG Miller #24
6th Arenas #0

C Oden
PF Camby/Bass
SF Batum/Hedo/Babbit
PG Nelson

HAHAH, here's to wishes. I particularly like the "anyone not named Aldridge, or Wallace" comment as if Orlando would even consider to deal without both of those guys and more. I doubt Orlando would want the damaged goods of Roy, Oden and Camby with middle first rd draft picks. If the Blazers were to get Dwight for that package of crap I will streak nude in the Pistons home opener next season!

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 04:15 PM

Westbrook and Rose are comparable dude. They are both offensive minded PG's who use their athletic ability to attack the rim, and their good mid range shot to score. Rose is a slightly more efficient scorer, and does turn the ball over at a slightly less rate, but Westbrook is a better rebounder and distributor, and they are both good defenders. Their games are very similar. I do think Rose may have bumped himself just above Westbrook this year, mostly because I think he had to become the clear cut leader of his team, pushing his development even further. But their shooting percentages are nearly identical across the board, I think Rose just is a slightly better offensive scorer, which is the only difference. Both live off freak athletic ability, and pull ups off hard dribble drives, and drives to the rim. Both are athletic defenders. How are they not comparable?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2009&p2=walljo01&y2=2011&p3=westbru01&y3=2009

As for Wall, you can see he is right in line from above, with Rose and Westbrook during their rookie years. Wall is even faster with the ball than either, but he plays a bit out of control at times. He is a more willing passer than either for sure, but he also projects as a good scoring, dynamic PG who can defend. There is a reason a ton of scouts compared him to Rose when he was at Kentucky. We will see if Wall can get better from mid range, and cut down on his turnovers however, which is something both Rose and Westbrook needed to do. Wall already gets to the line at a good rate, so he just needs those two things, and then natural progression

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:15 PM
as a bulls fan this sucks to say, but MELO is his best playing option.
i would love for him to be in chicago, that said rose attacking the rim, and d-12 living in the paint. i dont see how it would not stunt their development.

if rose can shoot 40% from 3 next year, and d-12 stays in orlando and is not traded this year. then i could easily flip flop this to rose.

rose needs shooters, d-12 needs shooters, both need shooters!!!!! on their team for them to win.

melo
cp3

then the rest doesnt matter. if d-12 wants to win multiple rings then kobe is out. kobe is not going to stay the course, he will start to decline, its only natural. the lakers will likely find a kobe replacement when the time comes. there is no guarantee though of that happening.

if he joins another young star under contract, then his chances of winning are way better, just saying.

No he isnt

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 04:18 PM
how is anyone putting Melo here? Honestly? Howard would obviously work best with a PG who can break the defense down, or a floor stretcher who can score EFFICIENTLY and get to the line.

I really don't see how anyone thinks its anyone outside CP3, or possibly Deron, both guards who would get him cakewalk looks compared to having to fight for his baskets.

RIPSweetness34
05-10-2011, 04:19 PM
:laugh: Bulls fans...

Your "MVP" happens to be one of the most inefficient guys left in these playoffs has turned the ball over like crazy and is a ball hog lots of the time. Dwight+Rose would be nasty cuz they are both so good but Dwight+CP3 would be a dynasty cuz they are both so good AND because CP3 is a playmaker unlke Rose who is just a scorer. Rose is Allen Iverson 2.0... who by the way was ALSO an MVP.

Yes... look at my sig... then look at my vote :pity: im such a homer

Have you seen Rose's assist totals???? He was the only player in the league top 10 in both. Not sure what is more dominant than that, plus like I said, Rose tore both of them up. I'm sick of people talking about efficiency so much and not winning. If the Bulls lose the series because of Rose, he will be the first one to tell you it's his fault. If he had a dominant big man like Dwight he could just pick n roll all day. They would be more dominant than CP3 and Dwight. Yea, you vote CP3 bc it isn't the "homer" pick, but then u make sure to tell everyone the only one near him is D Will when that simply isn't the case.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Westbrook and Rose are comparable dude. They are both offensive minded PG's who use their athletic ability to attack the rim, and their good mid range shot to score. Rose is a slightly more efficient scorer, and does turn the ball over at a slightly less rate, but Westbrook is a better rebounder and distributor, and they are both good defenders. Their games are very similar. I do think Rose may have bumped himself just above Westbrook this year, mostly because I think he had to become the clear cut leader of his team, pushing his development even further. But their shooting percentages are nearly identical across the board, I think Rose just is a slightly better offensive scorer, which is the only difference. Both live off freak athletic ability, and pull ups off hard dribble drives, and drives to the rim. Both are athletic defenders. How are they not comparable?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rosede01&y1=2009&p2=walljo01&y2=2011&p3=westbru01&y3=2009

As for Wall, you can see he is right in line from above, with Rose and Westbrook during their rookie years. Wall is even faster with the ball than either, but he plays a bit out of control at times. He is a more willing passer than either for sure, but he also projects as a good scoring, dynamic PG who can defend. There is a reason a ton of scouts compared him to Rose when he was at Kentucky. We will see if Wall can get better from mid range, and cut down on his turnovers however, which is something both Rose and Westbrook needed to do. Wall already gets to the line at a good rate, so he just needs those two things, and then natural progression

#Winning

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Have you seen Rose's assist totals???? He was the only player in the league top 10 in both. Not sure what is more dominant than that, plus like I said, Rose tore both of them up. I'm sick of people talking about efficiency so much and not winning. If the Bulls lose the series because of Rose, he will be the first one to tell you it's his fault. If he had a dominant big man like Dwight he could just pick n roll all day. They would be more dominant than CP3 and Dwight.

Per game stats prove nothing and the fact that you are resorting to them prove that you are reaching. Also one on one comparisons arent fair because im pretty sure that Devin Harris has outplayed Derrick Rose on most occasions so does that make Devin Harris better? Speaking of whom averaged like 8 assists on a 12 win team that had absutely no talent. Deron Williams averaged 12 with only a slighly better one!

Honestly, if you put Paul or Deron in CHI instead of Rose they will average like 15 assists for the year. The only thing they would need is to replace the 24pts per game that Rose brings which would not be hard because a guy like Paul or Deron can get the entire team easier baskets. Boozer and Noah alone would see their point numbers go up by like 4pts each. Deron Williams and CP2 already average about 20pts so you can see where im going with it.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 04:25 PM
ok Lakers fan... They are all similar players. I agree with Ralph12 that Wall is a better and more willing passer and has better court vision but he is still a similar player. Fast, explosive, athletic...

Learn the meaning of the word similar. I never said Westbrook is better. I said that they are similar. They play similar. All the things that you mentioned; poised etc. are things that Westbrook can be as well.

But he's not.

Similarities in physical attributes can be made for a great amount of young players in the league today. Rose is a far better ball handler, more crafty in the lane, a more consistent shooter anywhere on the floor with better range, and is just an overall smarter player than Westbrook.

And you're comparisons for Wall and Rose are kind of off in my opinion. You speak again about physical attributes, and while you keep making this comparison, everyone knows Rose blows Wall out of the water in this area. Wall isn't a better passer than Rose. He just doesn't have enough offensive skills or experience in the league to score the way Rose does, and so his game is relegated to drive and kick. Wall is wild and out of control just as Westbrook is. Only Westbrook, is much more athletic and that allows him to just rise up over bigs in the lane.

Rose is a cut above the rest and it still doesn't matter because CP3 would still be the better teammate for Dwight.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 04:28 PM
:pity:

So let's debate. You think Durant would be a better option for Dwight than Kobe?? I wanna know why you think that and toss out the age of Kobe as a con because I could easily make the argument for Kobe's experience.

Just explain to me what part of Durant's game would be better fit for Dwight than Kobe. I've seen Kobe play great with a dominant big man so I can go on for days about how Kobe could get Dwight a title.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Rose and Westbrook are comparable, if by comparable you mean Rose is a better shooter than Westbrook from every where on the court.

JerseysFinest
05-10-2011, 04:34 PM

Deron couldn't get Dwight 30 ppg? I'm not trying to spark a whose better debate, but I don't truly see how people consider Paul a better passer than Williams. Paul MAY be the better overall player, but passing wise, they have to be equivalent.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 04:36 PM

Well said Hawkeye. I still believe Rose to be the superior player in a lot of ways and it has nothing to do with physical attributes. His poise, control, ball handling skills, footwork, shooting touch and range (Rose is a better midrange shooter, Westbrook only has a pull up J from the free throw line that isn't that consistent), and just his whole mental attitude leaves a big gap between the two for me.

And as far as Wall is concerned, it's still not a comparison physically IMO. I'll cut him some slack because he was a rookie and hasn't had enough experience in the league to find his spots and develop his scoring skills. He is basically relegated to a drive and kick player because he can't score as well as Rose and that's the only reason he gets so many assists (not to mention turnovers as well). Wall is fast. He just isn't smart, skilled, nor does he have the touch or athletic ability to score in the lane over bigs the way Rose is.

jets-24
05-10-2011, 04:45 PM
too much d rose disrepect in here ...........haters ....guys avereging like 27 and 10 in the playoffs....he still in wheres chris paul

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Rose and Westbrook are comparable, if by comparable you mean Rose is a better shooter than Westbrook from every where on the court.

sure, but there are things Russell does better than Rose. I do think Rose kind of distanced himself away from "who is the better player between the two" this year, but Westbrook is pretty similar. He isn't as an efficient of a scorer, but he is a stronger rebounder, and passer.

Again, I am not going to get into a who is better debate. I am just sick of Rose fans blowing off Westbrook as a chump that doesn't belong in the same sentence as Rose. Because its not true

JasonJohnHorn
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
CP3, D-Will, Rose and Kobe would all be great for him to play with. Chemistry wise, I think he would work best with CP3, but if I was Howard and I was planning on moving out of Orlando (and lets not assume that is what he is planning), then I would like to go to LA. LA has an amazing roster and are simply a mid-level PG away from running for a title. If I were a player, that is where I'd want to go in Howard's shoes, there or Chi-town or perhaps Boston. Boston has history and a great PG that would play well, and Chi-town has a contender already and Rose at the point. But as a fan I would love to see him playing alongside CP3. And I think having CP3 and Howard on the same squad would be good for New Orleans as a city, and with West playing alongside those guys, it would just be a great roster.

But I also like to see players stick with one team, like Magic, Bird, Duncan, Miller, Dumars, Thomas, Robinson, and Orlando has had awful luck with free agent signings, either guys are leaving (Shaq) guys are demanding trades (McGrady) or guys are ingured for the duration of the contract (Hill). They have had some serious talent on that squad, but the timing just never seems to be right.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Deron couldn't get Dwight 30 ppg? I'm not trying to spark a whose better debate, but I don't truly see how people consider Paul a better passer than Williams. Paul MAY be the better overall player, but passing wise, they have to be equivalent.

I agree. Deron isn't that far off but it depends on what offensive system is in place as well. If you have CP3, than it's obvious the whole offense is run by him and it's just a constant barrage of pick and rolls. While Deron is actually a player who can play with in a system and doesn't need the offense to be run through him. With Deron, you can actually have the ball go through Dwight in the post consistently and Deron is a great spot up shooter who can play off the ball much better than CP3 can.

You really can't go wrong with either one but it's hard to tell which offensive system would be better for Dwight since we haven't seen him play next to ball dominating PG like CP3. People just naturally assume CP3 is going to be running pick and rolls all day and throwing amazing lobs to the basket for Dwight to throw down. It's actually kind of scary think about if they had 3 pt shooters spread all over the floor during the pick and rolls. But how often will Dwight be able to do work in the post and what happens to CP3 then?

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm fairly positive Deron, CP3 or Rose can get Dwight 30 ppg very easily...

but not westbrook because he doesnt even pass to durant, why would he pass to dwight?

;)

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 04:51 PM
So let's debate. You think Durant would be a better option for Dwight than Kobe?? I wanna know why you think that and toss out the age of Kobe as a con because I could easily make the argument for Kobe's experience.

Just explain to me what part of Durant's game would be better fit for Dwight than Kobe. I've seen Kobe play great with a dominant big man so I can go on for days about how Kobe could get Dwight a title.

I never mentioned Kobe. I just find it comical that you mentioned Durant in the same sentence as Rashard Lewis

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Yea Dwill or Cp3 would be more ideal....Especially a p&r will cp3 and d12...that would be insanse

But like the op said NO doesn't really have a great deal to offer...and I doubt Magic will trade D12 to an east team...

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Well said Hawkeye. I still believe Rose to be the superior player in a lot of ways and it has nothing to do with physical attributes. His poise, control, ball handling skills, footwork, shooting touch and range (Rose is a better midrange shooter, Westbrook only has a pull up J from the free throw line that isn't that consistent), and just his whole mental attitude leaves a big gap between the two for me.

And as far as Wall is concerned, it's still not a comparison physically IMO. I'll cut him some slack because he was a rookie and hasn't had enough experience in the league to find his spots and develop his scoring skills. He is basically relegated to a drive and kick player because he can't score as well as Rose and that's the only reason he gets so many assists (not to mention turnovers as well). Wall is fast. He just isn't smart, skilled, nor does he have the touch or athletic ability to score in the lane over bigs the way Rose is.

Rose's balance allows him to be in better control than Westbrook, that is why I think he is so more more efficient in that 10-17 foot area.

As for Wall, you are dead on. Wall is just a poor shooter currently (as was Rose his first year), and if he can follow what Rose did, and add a mid range game in year 2, he will grow leaps and bounds. I actually think Wall is already a superior passer than Rose or Russell. He makes dumb decisions at times (what rookie doesn't), but his distribution skills show with his assist percentages dominating Rose and Westbrook's as rookies in similar situations. Wall could easily be a 10 assist a night guy by next year even. He is so fast, faster than any PG in the NBA, from one end to the other, he ends up getting 2-3 easy assists off transition breakdown. But he better get the mid range game working over the summer, or he will hit a wall (no pun intended) next season after being scouted so well

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm fairly positive Deron, CP3 or Rose can get Dwight 30 ppg very easily...

but not westbrook because he doesnt even pass to durant, why would he pass to dwight?

;)

Haha true. Rose doesn't pass much either but he is much more willing passer than Westbrook. It seems that if Westbrook decides he wants to score, he doesn't even see his teammates are on the floor.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
I agree. Deron isn't that far off but it depends on what offensive system is in place as well. If you have CP3, than it's obvious the whole offense is run by him and it's just a constant barrage of pick and rolls. While Deron is actually a player who can play with in a system and doesn't need the offense to be run through him. With Deron, you can actually have the ball go through Dwight in the post consistently and Deron is a great spot up shooter who can play off the ball much better than CP3 can.

You really can't go wrong with either one but it's hard to tell which offensive system would be better for Dwight since we haven't seen him play next to ball dominating PG like CP3. People just naturally assume CP3 is going to be running pick and rolls all day and throwing amazing lobs to the basket for Dwight to throw down. It's actually kind of scary think about if they had 3 pt shooters spread all over the floor during the pick and rolls. But how often will Dwight be able to do work in the post and what happens to CP3 then?

Do you not agree, if you are coaching a team with CP3 on it, that you would try and have the ball in his hands as much as possible as well? There is no better PG in the world (he showed yet again in the LA series), that has the timing, balance, patience, and ability to create offense at the perfect time. If you put shooters and Dwight around Paul, there would NEVER be talk about who the best PG is. Unfortunately for NBA fans, Paul is buried in New Orleans with a weak roster and confused front office. Its too bad honestly.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:57 PM
its actually a myth imo that Rose doesn't pass/facilitate for others. He does, I mean he got 10 assists in the first two games against the hawks. He averages 7.6 in the season or something like that.

if he had someone of Durants or Dwights caliber on his team, why couldn't he average 10 assists per game during a season?

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 05:01 PM
its actually a myth imo that Rose doesn't pass/facilitate for others. He does, I mean he got 10 assists in the first two games against the hawks. He averages 7.6 in the season or something like that.

if he had someone of Durants or Dwights caliber on his team, why couldn't he average 10 assists per game during a season?

I never said he doesn't distribute. But there are PGs who are simply better at getting difficult passes off on the drive to their scorers in the correct positions. Its not a slight at Rose. Some have it, some don't. Rose could never be Jason Kidd or Paul in that sense, but most PG's could never be Rose when factoring in ability to score and cause havoc with dribble drives.

MagicHero3
05-10-2011, 05:01 PM
the problem is...the magic dont have ANYONE they could trade for ANY of those guys, and there is no one the Magic will trade for Dwight.

Rndy
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
For me it's Cp3 Dwill Or Rose if he had a really good PG he'd be dangerous. Him and CP3 would easily be the best combo because of how amazing cp3 passing ability and overal game is. Hopefully He was to play with his Adidas teammate though!

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
the problem is...the magic dont have ANYONE they could trade for ANY of those guys, and there is no one the Magic will trade for Dwight.

I know Otis is holding strong that he will not trade Dwight, but if they are not playing contender caliber basketball by next year's trade deadline, if he doesn't change his stance, he is an idiot, period. If he is so stubborn that he just lets Dwight walk, the Magic are screwed for a couple of years, and that is being nice.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 05:06 PM

So the Magic should just let D12 leave for nothing?? What sense does that make??

jim51990
05-10-2011, 05:13 PM
still d-will gets not respect
he is far better pg then rose and slightly better then cp3

--23--
05-10-2011, 05:13 PM
If he wants to win a title and be on a team with young talent, the Bulls, Thunder and Kincks would be great for him. Now just picking 1 player none of them picks would be wrong because, imo Howard always needed a elite scorer on his team so I would choose Durant, Melo or Rose.

MagicHero3
05-10-2011, 05:14 PM
the magic will pull a Clevland and put all our eggs into the "Dwights coming back" basket bc he wont request a trade...
he said he wants to stay in orlando, and is angry at the speculation that he wont...this tells me he is staying.

championships
05-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Well looking at that list. I would have to go with the man with the rings, who plays on a team who the owner thinks Championship or bust every year.

Then when that man with the rings decides to hang them up, I would know the franchise would continue to put the pieces around me to keep on contending.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 05:18 PM
the magic will pull a Clevland and put all our eggs into the "Dwights coming back" basket bc he wont request a trade...
he said he wants to stay in orlando, and is angry at the speculation that he wont...this tells me he is staying.

I hope so man

showtym24
05-10-2011, 05:20 PM
He said kobe during ASW....

KnicksR4Real
05-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Melo and CP3

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Dwight saying Kobe has more to do with the same reason Durant said Kobe is still the best player. The players in the league, ESPECIALLY the young ones, grew up watching Kobe go thru his prime, and he is the example that all young players want their career to end up like. So no matter what, as us fans watch Kobe's decline, and can tell he is no longer the Kobe he was, many young players simply want what he has, therefore continually rate him higher than he is. I have no doubt if the Lakers could get Dwight for Bynum and whatever, they would be title favorites next season, and maybe one more or so. But if we are looking at Dwight's companion for the next 6-8 years, how can anyone seriously list Kobe?

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 05:26 PM
sure, but there are things Russell does better than Rose. I do think Rose kind of distanced himself away from "who is the better player between the two" this year, but Westbrook is pretty similar. He isn't as an efficient of a scorer, but he is a stronger rebounder, and passer.

Again, I am not going to get into a who is better debate. I am just sick of Rose fans blowing off Westbrook as a chump that doesn't belong in the same sentence as Rose. Because its not true

I think this is due to the fact that Bulls fans want to put Rose in the coversation with Deron and Paul so they want to put distance between him and Westbrok. I still think Paul and Deron are on another tier. They are just great point guards that show you time and again why having a true playmaking PG is so good for a team. What other point guard besides Paul could average 12 assists with the (sorry fellow Nets fans) crap that the Nets have for Deron to work with?

EDIT: Not to mention he was playing with a bum wrist

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Dwight saying Kobe has more to do with the same reason Durant said Kobe is still the best player. The players in the league, ESPECIALLY the young ones, grew up watching Kobe go thru his prime, and he is the example that all young players want their career to end up like. So no matter what, as us fans watch Kobe's decline, and can tell he is no longer the Kobe he was, many young players simply want what he has, therefore continually rate him higher than he is. I have no doubt if the Lakers could get Dwight for Bynum and whatever, they would be title favorites next season, and maybe one more or so. But if we are looking at Dwight's companion for the next 6-8 years, how can anyone seriously list Kobe?

:clap:

DwayneMVPwade
05-10-2011, 05:29 PM
I would want to play with CP3 or Deron

CeeDub15
05-10-2011, 05:31 PM
I would think he would want to play alongside a guy like D-Will, CP3, or Rose.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 05:31 PM

No Hawkeye. Dwight said Kobe because he WANTS to play alongside Kobe. He has faced him in the Finals, played as a teammate with Kobe during the Olympics, and he knows Kobe's track record when it comes to winning. It is not the same as Durant saying Kobe is the best.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 05:32 PM

Disagree. I would only choose Deron cuz of CP3's knee issues but that doesnt make Derona better player

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 05:37 PM
No Hawkeye. Dwight said Kobe because he WANTS to play alongside Kobe. He has faced him in the Finals, played as a teammate with Kobe during the Olympics, and he knows Kobe's track record when it comes to winning. It is not the same as Durant saying Kobe is the best.

I understand. But its true, that young players today are so envious of Kobe's career, and watched him in his prime in their developmental stages, that it clouds their minds in regards as to who the best player is. If Dwight wants to go to LA, have a chance to win a ring for the next two years, then hope the Lakers have plan B cooking when Kobe is not effective and gone, than by all means, he should do it.

I am simply stating why Kobe still gets so much recognition for being the elite of the elite. Especially from the young players around the league.

I can't pick Kobe as his ideal mate because Dwight is still young, and I am choosing not only a better complimentary player (a pass first PG who makes everyone look better than they are), but a younger player who has more time in the NBA at a high level.

We are not voting on what Dwight said. We are voting on who WE think would be his best companion, and the player WE think would give him the best chance to succeed over the course of his career.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I think Rose proved this season he's capable of being every bit as good as CP3 or d.will

if you disagree, I have no idea what you've been watching/seeing all season long

Law25
05-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I know for Kobe it would be great. Kobe has always wanted to play with someone that was mentaly tough and had an great work ethic, but he only had an player with one of the two in both runs. No matter what you say about Shaq and all his coments and all Kobe and his beef when it was playoffs you couldnt stop him, even with the media hype around the team. You can never say Shaq was ever tired of, or bored with succes. Shaq just did not have an strong work ethic and thus his downfall. Pau on the other hand stays in shape works on his game but he's not mentaly tough. One problem with Pau is he dosent have the ability to seperate his body from his mind, meaning you hit his body you slow his mind. Look how Landry played him, and Chandler. They always attacked his mind by being physical with him. The other problem with Pau was complacency. He always gave me the impression he wanted to be good or maybe even great but didnt have the drive to become legendary. Thats why I think Howard would be Kobe's dream come true and even at his age they could go down as one of the greatest duo's ever because of how they would push each other, and how they push themselves.

MrfadeawayJB
05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I dont know how you can argue with Derrick Rose at this point. Or Imagine if he went to OKC and they traded Perk, and other peices....thats a scary team right there

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I think Rose proved this season he's capable of being every bit as good as CP3 or d.will

if you disagree, I have no idea what you've been watching/seeing all season long

Paul vs Rose year 3

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2008&p2=rosede01&y2=2011

Not even close. Sorry. I can see DWill, but Paul is the best PG we have seen since Stockton, and if he had any help whatsoever, I would actually put him above John. I think it will be the saddest story possible if Paul doesn't get some all star help. And not someone he made an all star, but a real all star and a roster around him to compete with. He would go down as one of the top 2-3 PG that ever played imo.

Its not a slight at Rose saying he isn't going to reach Paul's level. Paul is just that good. It it weren't for his knee, this would be a laughable comparison actually.

Law25
05-10-2011, 05:56 PM
If i was Howard i would come to L.A because of ther history in winning. Yes Boston has more chapionship but the Lakers have been more relivant in every decade and Buss has proven to be someone who will spend what it takes to build an great team. Also hell its Cali baby.

DabullsDabearsD
05-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Im baffled at all this disrespect for Rose. I guess Haters are gonna hate. The lack of NBA knowledge on this site is disturbing.

I honestly think a lot of you need psychological help.

Law25
05-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't understand y u would have every team besides the Knicks giving up their 2 best bigs in a trade, any team that trades for Dwight won't trade their whole starting front line

Your sig sums it up lol gotta love it

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:01 PM

if you disagree, you must not be a true Bulls fan

Fixed

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Im baffled at all this disrespect for Rose. I guess Haters are gonna hate. The lack of NBA knowledge on this site is disturbing.

Dwight would absolutely thrive with Rose. But there are some guys that would be even better complimentary players to Dwight's skillset is what many are saying. Paul is one of them, for sure.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:09 PM

Web Definitions

Baffled: Totally bewildered or perplexed; confused.

Haters gon hate: A phrase more commony used by Bulls fans in response to any criticsm of the Bulls or a Bulls player by anyone that doesnt have Rose's nuts in their mouth. Haters gon hate.

freedictionary.com

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:13 PM

I'm baffled by it too, I don't know how much better of a season Rose could have to change the minds around here. I don't think some people can ever be convinced, really...

I'm not insulted by people saying CP3 is a better PG than Rose, but some people act like Rose is like...6th or 5th best Pg in the league, after Rondo and Westbrook and Mike friggin Conley.

The level of hate and disrespect for Rose on this site runs so deep.

DabullsDabearsD
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Dwight would absolutely thrive with Rose. But there are some guys that would be even better complimentary players to Dwight's skillset is what many are saying. Paul is one of them, for sure.

The question is if you were D12 who would you want to play with? He is not going to want to risk the best years of his career with a pg who's knees have a good chance of being shot with in the next few years.

The debate is not Cp3/Dwill/Rose anymore its Rose/LBJ/Wade/Durant/Howard.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm baffled by it too, I don't know how much better of a season Rose could have to change the minds around here. I don't think some people can ever be convinced, really...

I'm not insulted by people saying CP3 is a better PG than Rose, but some people act like Rose is like...6th or 5th best Pg in the league, after Rondo and Westbrook and Mike friggin Conley.

The level of hate and disrespect for Rose on this site runs so deep.

:cry: I seriously cant think of another poster that has used the term "Rose hate" more than you... why does it bother you so much that you feel the need to bring it up in every thread. Rose is NOT better than Paul. He is NOT better than Deron Williams. He MIGHT be better than Rondo. He is a top 5 pg but lets not pretend he is an elite PG. He is an elite scorer ala Allen Iverson

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:26 PM
he is an elite Pg and he's the number 2 in the league, at the same level or above D.Will.

he "might" be better than Rondo, seriously? Do you not value your Pgs to be scoring threats?

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:26 PM
The question is if you were D12 who would you want to play with? He is not going to want to risk the best years of his career with a pg who's knees have a good chance of being shot with in the next few years.

:confused: What the deuce?! Im not picking up what your putting down homie...

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:28 PM

why not DWill? And we dont know when Paul's knees will go. Could be two years, could be 8. He is still better than any other player I can think of next to Dwight. I don't think Dwight needs to play next to a LeBron/Wade type, who command control of the ball so much. He needs the offense going thru him much of the time. I think LeBron is the best player in the world, but watch him without the ball. He doesn't have any idea what to do. Bad fit.

I think Dwight would thrive next to Rose, Paul, or DWill. I am simply picking the guy who I think makes life easiest for everyone around him. Did you watch him against LA? Did you watch him everytime he was in the playoffs? I did. He simply controls the offense like a puppeteer. Its amazing. I don't know how many times I have said, "god that guy is so freakin good" when watching Paul. I can tell you its a ton more times than I have with Rose or DWill.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:30 PM
he is an elite Pg and he's the number 2 in the league, at the same level or above D.Will.

he "might" be better than Rondo, seriously? Do you not value your Pgs to be scoring threats?

I think he played at DWill's level this season, although Rose needs to sustain this level of play to garner consideration for being on his level period. Agreed?

But Rose clearly distanced himself from the Rondo/Westbrook/Nash stuff this year. I think he is currently the #3 PG in the NBA, and I won't bash someone for saying he is as good as DWill, or even had a better season.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:31 PM

:laugh2: No he isnt. He is closer to Westbrook than Williams. The media is doing a good job building him up but intelligent basketball fans arent fooled. He is a scorer. A very explosive and dynamic scorer that makes questionable plays with the game on the line and turns the ball over.

CP3
Deron
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook

Thats my list because i prefer point guards that are pass first but Rose could easily be in Rondo's place. What Rondo lacks in scoring he makes up with his playmaking and basketball iq

njnets
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
biased post here, dwill :D

in all seriousness though, i think dwill aka nets is the best spot for him to land. him and paul are really similar. and its much easier to land on the nets than the hornet or to get paul to orlando.

kobe is aging, knicks are not making the trade, and i never thought of OKC. i dont see them doing it but it would be a good combo.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
:cry: I seriously cant think of another poster that has used the term "Rose hate" more than you... why does it bother you so much that you feel the need to bring it up in every thread. Rose is NOT better than Paul. He is NOT better than Deron Williams. He MIGHT be better than Rondo. He is a top 5 pg but lets not pretend he is an elite PG. He is an elite scorer ala Allen Iverson

Come on now...I agree he's not better than cp3 or dwill...but to say he's not an elite pg??.. He won mvp yet he's not an elite player at his position?? lol...

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I think he played at DWill's level this season, although Rose needs to sustain this level of play to garner consideration for being on his level period. Agreed?

But Rose clearly distanced himself from the Rondo/Westbrook/Nash stuff this year. I think he is currently the #3 PG in the NBA, and I won't bash someone for saying he is as good as DWill, or even had a better season.

reasonable enough for me, I don't 100% agree with everything you said but I'm not going to argue against anything

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:34 PM
:laugh2: No he isnt. He is closer to Westbrook than Williams. The media is doing a good job building him up but intelligent basketball fans arent fooled. He is a scorer. A very explosive and dynamic scorer that makes questionable plays with the game on the line and turns the ball over.

CP3
Deron
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook

Thats my list because i prefer point guards that are pass first but Rose could easily be in Rondo's place. What Rondo lacks in scoring he makes up with his playmaking and basketball iq

I can't agree with you. Rondo's complete 2nd half slide, while Rose was gaining steam, shows clear separation of the two.

MY rankings

CP3

Deron
Rose

Westbrook
Rondo
Nash

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
:laugh2: No he isnt. He is closer to Westbrook than Williams.

He actually isn't, check the stats. Rose as a shooter is closer to D.Will than to Westbrook.

and for you to say he makes questionable plays with the game on the line and turns the ball over just tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:36 PM
reasonable enough for me, I don't 100% agree with everything you said but I'm not going to argue against anything

that is because you know you and I will go back and forth until we have to kick the dead horse, bury it, then dig it up, re-name it, and go at it again :)

Yes, we respect each others opinion on this. And quite frankly, I still want to thank you for asking me to create that thread in the Bulls forum a couple of months ago in regards to this debate (sort of). It put me a bit more at ease with many Bulls fans, and their irrationality at times out on the main boards.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
that is because you know you and I will go back and forth until we have to kick the dead horse, bury it, then dig it up, re-name it, and go at it again :)

Yes, we respect each others opinion on this. And quite frankly, I still want to thank you for asking me to create that thread in the Bulls forum a couple of months ago in regards to this debate (sort of). It put me a bit more at ease with many Bulls fans, and their irrationality at times out on the main boards.

hah hah! I can't believe you remember that. Yeah, see I told you not all Bulls fans are blind homers...

CP3 is clearly still the best PG in the NBA and most Bulls fans recognize that

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Come on now...I agree he's not better than cp3 or dwill...but to say he's not an elite pg??.. He won mvp yet he's not an elite player at his position?? lol...

Oh lets not start the MVP arguments man. All these awards are just media posterizing. Was Allen Iverson a top PG? Not in my opinion. He was an elite scorer but he wasnt a great point guard. However during his time there were few players as captivating and exciting as he so the media gave him the award. Its all money driven. Most sensible fans know who deseved MVP this year. However i beg you not to pursue that subject cuz there is a seperate thread for it.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
hah hah! I can't believe you remember that. Yeah, see I told you not all Bulls fans are blind homers...

CP3 is clearly still the best PG in the NBA and most Bulls fans recognize that

Respectfully disagree

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I can't agree with you. Rondo's complete 2nd half slide, while Rose was gaining steam, shows clear separation of the two.

MY rankings

CP3

Deron
Rose

Westbrook
Rondo
Nash

Like i said, im partial to pass first point guards... Im not a fan of combo guards. The only scoring PG that truly ever won me over was Iverson

JerseysFinest
05-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Um, that might be too much of a stretch. Derrick Rose is a terrific penetrator and drives much better than Deron, but Deron has much better court vision and is much better at creating shots for his teammates, same with Paul. And Chris Paul is better than Williams also, but they aren't exactly that far off. One advantage I've noticed Deron has over CP3 however is because he's a bigger body, he can post up smaller guards and get buckets in the post.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:44 PM
I just cant take the opinion seriously of a person who has Rose as the 4th best Pg in the NBA and thinks Dwight Howard should have won MVP, to me that shows clear Rose hate.

and I know you think I use that word too much but what else would you call it?

Rondo above Rose, seriously? This debate was settled like the second month of the season. Nobody, except you obviously, would put Rondo ahead of Rose at this point.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Like i said, im partial to pass first point guards... Im not a fan of combo guards. The only scoring PG that truly ever won me over was Iverson

ok, so you'd rather have a point guard who defenders sag 10 feet off of and dare to shoot, because they know he'll brick it? a point guard who shoots 56% from the stripe?

If the goal is to have a formidable team, a point guard who's a scoring threat is a must. Rondo is the opposite of that.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:45 PM
He actually isn't, check the stats. Rose as a shooter is closer to D.Will than to Westbrook.

and for you to say he makes questionable plays with the game on the line and turns the ball over just tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.

Just because Rose will make an amazing play to make up for a stupid mistake or turnover doesnt change the fact that he makes those mistakes that against an elite team will cost dearly. Too many times Bulls fans will go "oh its ok that he had 8 turnovers and only shot 36% cuz we won the game and he had 35pts so it must mean he is great."

Rose's youth and lack of experience still shows thru on many nights and most homers are blind to it.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Respectfully disagree

we discussed this in another thread, but the main forums see a gang mentality. Basically, Bulls fans see someone knocking Rose, and they become a team of posters that defend no matter what. This happens with every team here, period. Some just have a bigger following.

I posted a thread, "who is the best PG in the NBA" in the Bulls forum, and the options were
Paul
Rose
Williams
Rondo
Nash

or something like that. Paul won easily.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh lets not start the MVP arguments man. All these awards are just media posterizing. Was Allen Iverson a top PG? Not in my opinion. He was an elite scorer but he wasnt a great point guard. However during his time there were few players as captivating and exciting as he so the media gave him the award. Its all money driven. Most sensible fans know who deseved MVP this year. However i beg you not to pursue that subject cuz there is a seperate thread for it.

Al wasn't pg for most his career..his was a 2 guard...And him deserving the mvp or not isn't the point...No matter what in order to actually win the mvp you have to be one of the best at your position at least...You yourself even said that he is arguably the 3rd best pg in the league...How does that not make him an elite pg??

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Just because Rose will make an amazing play to make up for a stupid mistake or turnover doesnt change the fact that he makes those mistakes that against an elite team will cost dearly. Too many times Bulls fans will go "oh its ok that he had 8 turnovers and only shot 36% cuz we won the game and he had 35pts so it must mean he is great."

Rose's youth and lack of experience still shows thru on many nights and most homers are blind to it.

he had 8 turnovers in literally 1 game this entire season, but to you he is obviously the most turnover prone player in the history of the NBA.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:52 PM

Rose's turnover rate isn't that bad. I think you are underselling him here man. His TS% is over league average, his Ofrtg was pretty damn good, in the elite area, he started getting to the line more, increasing his efficiency, and was a league leader in win shares. Rose is absolutely a top 10 player in the NBA now, and that is getting easier and easier to prove.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 06:52 PM
ok, so you'd rather have a point guard who defenders sag 10 feet off of and dare to shoot, because they know he'll brick it? a point guard who shoots 56% from the stripe?

If the goal is to have a formidable team, a point guard who's a scoring threat is a must. Rondo is the opposite of that.

Lets not act like Rose is a great shooter cuz he isnt. I will agree that having a scoring PG is great which is the reason there is no quetion in my mind that Paul and Deron are the top 2 since they can do both; make plays and score efficiently. i really dont care for Rondo over Rose. Rose is clearly top 3 but i wanted to elicit a reaction from you cuz i think your 24/7 "Rose hate" whining is funny. :D

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 06:53 PM
you got Heat fans defending Derrick Rose, Chill Will. I think that indicates you're a Rose hater.

The first step to healing is admitting you have a problem

JerseysFinest
05-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Lets not act like Rose is a great shooter cuz he isnt. I will agree that having a scoring PG is great which is the reason there is no quetion in my mind that Paul and Deron are the top 2 since they can do both; make plays and score efficiently. i really dont care for Rondo over Rose. Rose is clearly top 3 but i wanted to elicit a reaction from you cuz i think your "Rose hate" crying is funny. :D

Rose isn't THAT bad of a shooter, considering where he started from. He has really nice form, if he can improve over the years he'll be [insert word here that means more than unstoppable]

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 06:55 PM
you got Heat fans defending Derrick Rose, Chill Will. I think that indicates you're a Rose hater.

I am a Wolves fan haha, but I do support the Heat when my team isn't playing.

And what team you are a fan of shouldn't even matter. You either watch enough of other teams and their players to have an opinion, research their advanced stats, and formulate a fair opinion of not only your teams players, but other teams.

sargon21
05-10-2011, 07:00 PM
Ok so instead of saying Paul like everyone else, I'll offer a different take.

Take Rose.

Why?

Because he does what Dwight doesn't. Finish games. Rose might the best in the league at this as he has proven over and over this year. Rose blows away CP3 in this regard (talking statistically).

Also, take Rose because he's younger than CP3 and there's no health issues to be concerned with.

CP3 might be a better pairing along with Dwight because of his amazing passing and playmaking ability, but I think there's something to be said in picking Rose.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 07:03 PM
we discussed this in another thread, but the main forums see a gang mentality. Basically, Bulls fans see someone knocking Rose, and they become a team of posters that defend no matter what. This happens with every team here, period. Some just have a bigger following.

I posted a thread, "who is the best PG in the NBA" in the Bulls forum, and the options were
Paul
Rose
Williams
Rondo
Nash

or something like that. Paul won easily.

Interesting experiment. Makes sense in many ways i guess. Ive never showed that i hated Rose in any thread and i dare anyone point to any time that i said he sucks or is a bad player. I love the kid.

I probably DO undersell him because the media shoves him down my throat so badly that i watch his games focusing on his negatives which are his turnovers and his inefficiency; as well as his tendency to look to score first.

I guess growing up a Nets fan i grew up spoiled by great passing point guards like Kidd that now i have an bias towards those types of point guards. Thats why Paul is my fav PG in the league and he is my second place MVP. I wanna say that Paul deserved it over Dwight but i feel that Dwight is more important to his team and affects the game in many more ways. Dwight, Paul, then Rose imo

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Ok so instead of saying Paul like everyone else, I'll offer a different take.

Take Rose.

Why?

Because he does what Dwight doesn't. Finish games. Rose might the best in the league at this as he has proven over and over this year. Rose blows away CP3 in this regard (talking statistically).

Also, take Rose because he's younger than CP3 and there's no health issues to be concerned with.
CP3 might be a better pairing along with Dwight because of his amazing passing and playmaking ability, but I think there's something to be said in picking Rose.

Your reaching. Even if you want to fool yourself that CP3's knees will be an issue soon, there is still a PG that is almost as good as Paul, is an elite playmaker and is still ahead of Rose in terms of PG rankings (unless your an BSPN analyst). Ill give you two guesses but your only gona need one... :D

sargon21
05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Rose is better than DWill at this point of his career, if that's what you're getting at.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 07:15 PM

He isnt defending him. He was pointing out that my argument wasnt entirely fair; which i will readily admit. However my argument is not invalid. Rose is not an elite playmaker and therefore he cant be better than Paul or Williams as you were alluding to earlier. If im a Rose hater then you must sleep with his jersey underneath your pillow with his name tattoed on your chest. Rose hate :cry: its so not fair :cry: why oh why :cry:

I have never said a bad thing about the kid and have only criticised certain aspects of his game to demonstrate how he isnt on the Deron Williams CP3 tier. Deron Williams is abviously more debatable but not really. Deron Williams had a busted wrist all season leading to this off year

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Rose is better than DWill at this point of his career, if that's what you're getting at.

Ladies and Gentlemen CASE and POINT

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
you have never said a bad thing about him except all those times when you say bad things about him

:eyebrow:

heattiltheend94
05-10-2011, 07:20 PM
CP3 plus Dwight would be scary as ****. Best team in west IMO if it were to go down. with Lakers and Spurs declining, only OKC and Dallas could possibky challenge them

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
you have never said a bad thing about him except all those times when you say bad things about him

:eyebrow:

Go and find me one. Otherwise stop your ****ing cuz criticism of a player's game is not the same as saying a bad thing or in your petty words "Rose hate". If i said Dwight is a horrible free throw shooter, thats not me hating on him; Its me recognizing that he needs to improve this area of his game to get to the next level. To get to the next level and be better than Williams and Paul, Rose needs to cut turnovers and learn to not force things and take better shots. Take that as "Rose hate" if you want.

Ive always praised Rose cuz he is the most exciting player besides Griffin. I love watching him play and my criticisms of his game are not to down him or his groupies (hint hint) but in hopes that he can improve because there is only two players that i hate. Melo and Lebron. Both for different reasons. The only chance i have of seeing the Heat fail is Rose and the Bulls because i see no other team that can stop them except maybe OKC. So no i dont hate Rose. Im actually pulling for him.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Rose may have had a better season, but DWill also went thru a season of turmoil, and still put up sick numbers. If Rose gets my vote as a better guard the DWill, he needs to do what he did this year for a bit longer. Fair enough? Obviously I project Rose to be the 2nd best PG next season, but that is simply my opinion only. I think he had a better season than DWill, but you put DWill on the Bulls roster, and his season would have looked a lot better than getting traded from an underperforming team whose legendary coach quit out of nowhere, and then a mid season trade while being hurt much of the year. Williams will bounce back next year and be right back in the argument.

justOmazing
05-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Homer pick time... I seriously think the Bulls (Rose) would be his best bet, simply because he would be going to the best all around team IMO.

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Go and find me one. Otherwise stop your ****ing cuz criticism of a player's game is not the same as saying a bad thing or in your petty words "Rose hate". If i said Dwight is a horrible free throw shooter, thats not me hating on him; Its me recognizing that he needs to improve this area of his game to get to the next level. To get to the next level and be better than Williams and Paul, Rose needs to cut turnovers and learn to not force things and take better shots. Take that as "Rose hate" if you want.

Ive always praised Rose cuz he is the most exciting player besides Griffin. I love watching him play and my criticisms of his game are not to down him or his groupies (hint hint) but in hopes that he can improve because there is only two players that i hate. Melo and Lebron. Both for different reasons. The only chance i have of seeing the Heat fail is Rose and the Bulls because i see no other team that can stop them except maybe OKC. So no i dont hate Rose. Im actually pulling for him.

he doesn't have that many turnovers bro, I believe Hawk already told you about that...

jrm2054
05-10-2011, 08:19 PM
I say CP3. Them to together would be scary for years to come.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 08:24 PM

I for sure found a Rubio ally when he comes over in Chill Will :)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rondora01&y1=2011&p2=paulch01&y2=2011&p3=westbru01&y3=2011&p4=rosede01&y4=2011&p5=willide01&y5=2011&p6=nashst01&y6=2011

To anyone who is saying Rose is turnover prone, hit this link. Rose has the highest usage of the top 6 PG's, with the lowest turnover rate. If you are attacking anyone for turnovers, it should be Rondo. Rose is excellent at taking care of the ball.

believeinNYK
05-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Cp3 AND melo :D

What?
05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
CP3
Rose
Deron
Durant

This as far as individual player goes although I may be bias

Bulls
Thunder
Hornets
Knicks
Nets
Lakers

This as far as team's are concerned

The Final Boss
05-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Jordanbulls you just continue to embarrass yourself. I mean, I don't expect much from you so I'm never disappointed. But, c'mon man. The 2nd best C in the league and a Top 3 PF for 1 player? Never gonna happen. Dwight is leaving via FA so teams have the upper hand. Keep in mind Howard would choose his team since he would have to sign a deal prior to any move.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I for sure found a Rubio ally when he comes over in Chill Will :)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=rondora01&y1=2011&p2=paulch01&y2=2011&p3=westbru01&y3=2011&p4=rosede01&y4=2011&p5=willide01&y5=2011&p6=nashst01&y6=2011

To anyone who is saying Rose is turnover prone, hit this link. Rose has the highest usage of the top 6 PG's, with the lowest turnover rate. If you are attacking anyone for turnovers, it should be Rondo. Rose is excellent at taking care of the ball.

You sure have. I cant wait to watch Rubio play. He is simply amazing. Ive even made a few threads about him. If he improves his shot when he comes over he will be a top pg. Minny fans are lucky to have his rights cuz its a win win. He'll be a great player and even if he doesnt want to stay in Minny the hype surrounding him will net them a great player in a trade for him

NBA-GMaster
05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
DRose(Dwight going to Chicago) or CP3(CP3 going to Orlando)..
Dwill should go to Clippers.. Dwill and Blake would be nasty..

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I thought Kobe would be winning this poll because Dwight said that he would love to play with Kobe the most... I'm glad none of you are Dwight howard though! Welcome to LA superman!

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I thought Kobe would be winning this poll because Dwight said that he would love to play with Kobe the most... I'm glad none of you are Dwight howard though! Welcome to LA superman!

I addressed this earlier if you care to flip back. If Dwight wants a window of 2 years max, Kobe is his guy. If he wants to be with a sidekick who can contend for the next 8-10 years, Kobe is for sure not his guy.

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
And btw why do people say Dwight won't go to LA because we are old? I mean hello we are the ****en lakers! We always are able to get stars we are in Hollywood we should be a young team again by 2013-14 and it all starts with Dwight next year!

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I addressed this earlier if you care to flip back. If Dwight wants a window of 2 years max, Kobe is his guy. If he wants to be with a sidekick who can contend for the next 8-10 years, Kobe is for sure not his guy.

Did you forget we are the lakers? We usually tend to get stars when the ones we have are getting old! We have always been contenders! Don't worry I'm surry we can build a young team around Dwight and Kobe!

Imagine if we traded pau and artest plus 2 1sts for Dwight and then we traded Bynum Blake brown and some picks for Chris Paul! Damn

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Did you forget we are the lakers? We usually tend to get stars when the ones we have are getting old! We have always been contenders! Don't worry I'm surry we can build a young team around Dwight and Kobe!

Imagine if we traded pau and artest plus 2 1sts for Dwight and then we traded Bynum Blake brown and some picks for Chris Paul! Damn

that isn't the question of this thread. Its which player would be the biggest benefit to Dwight. And Kobe is in the downslide of his career man. That is obvious at this point when we see him get 1 layup and 0 dunks in a playoff series.

The answer to this thread is pairing him with someone much younger.

Like I said, go back and read WHY I think he said that.

Uncle Chuck
05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
question to Lakers fans... How do you plan on making the salaries work to get Howard when its widely assumed that Orlando will package Arenas in any deal for howard?

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 09:01 PM
he doesn't have that many turnovers bro, I believe Hawk already told you about that...

Yea Hawkeye pointed out his turnover rate which is not as horrible as i would expect from watching his games. However i consider ill advised bad shots by a pg, its just as bad as turnovers to me. You rarely see Paul or Deron taking stupid shots when their team is relying on them to generate offense. 28 seconds left in the game with the score tied, a bad shot is JUST as bad as a turnover.

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 09:02 PM
question to Lakers fans... How do you plan on making the salaries work to get Howard when its widely assumed that Orlando will package Arenas in any deal for howard?

We can make it work and btw I think LA would ask for turkoglu instead

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:04 PM

they would probably need to send both Bynum and Gasol in a trade if Orlando would not budge on making sure Arenas is in the trade.

Fact is, if Orlando is playing at a sub-contender level by next trade deadline, Otis will need to really change his stance if Howard hasn't signed by then.

Uncle Chuck
05-10-2011, 09:06 PM

Im sure the Lakers would, but Im also sure the magic will insist on moving Gilbert in a Howard trade.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:07 PM

that isn't how trades work. When you are acquiring BY FAR the best player, you take the garbage that team insists you take. The Lakers would have to take on Arenas this summer in a trade. By the trade deadline next season, they probably won't have to.

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 09:13 PM
that isn't how trades work. When you are acquiring BY FAR the best player, you take the garbage that team insists you take. The Lakers would have to take on Arenas this summer in a trade. By the trade deadline next season, they probably won't have to.

Or the lakers can Just simply involve a third team to make it all work out (;

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Or the lakers can Just simply involve a third team to make it all work out (;

look, I know you are putting your everlasting faith into the Lakers here, but its going to be a lot harder to get Dwight than Laker fans imagine. The ONLY way they can get him is thru a trade, and Orlando has to accept.

koberulesall
05-10-2011, 09:20 PM
everyone knows hes going to LA when you live in orlando and your pro team you play on isnt doing well, what do you do? what is the closest thing to orlando? where can I still go to the beach in December? with a good team?.... lakers are known for jacking bigmen all over the league at this point....sorry orlando but were gonna have to take your center you invested all your money in.... once again

Uncle Chuck
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM

This is pretty much what I see as well, and to be honest, Howard for Gasol and Bynum doesn't put that Lakers team over the top in 2012-2013. It still leaves them with the "old" core of Fisher, Odom, and Artest.

I know a lot is riding on the new CBA and signing some free agents, but if Howards #1 goal is winning a championship, there just seem to be way too many "ifs" in this situation for some of you to be so sure that LA is his next destination.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:27 PM
everyone knows hes going to LA when you live in orlando and your pro team you play on isnt doing well, what do you do? what is the closest thing to orlando? where can I still go to the beach in December? with a good team?.... lakers are known for jacking bigmen all over the league at this point....sorry orlando but were gonna have to take your center you invested all your money in.... once again

stay classy dude

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
have fun with Gilbert's ugly *** contract too.

koberulesall
05-10-2011, 09:31 PM
just stating the facts

Sly Guy
05-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Paul or Deron.

/thread

this. And I'd go with paul out of those two as well.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 09:34 PM
lakers aren't trading Gasol and Bynum it will most likely be Bynum and LO..which obviously isnt the better deal but magic won't have much of a choice..because D12 determines where he wants to go not the magic since he can refuse to sign an extension...

koberulesall
05-10-2011, 09:36 PM
i wish they could just trade pau and artest for turk and howard

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:36 PM
lakers aren't trading Gasol and Bynum it will most likely be Bynum and LO..which obviously isnt the better deal but magic won't have much of a choice..because D12 determines where he wants to go not the magic

haha, ok dude. If the Magic feel they have no choice but to trade Dwight, they could care less where he wants to go. They will take best value, and there will be teams throwing major pieces at Orlando. If the Lakers won't offer what Orlando thinks beats other trades, they will say no thank you.

God, Laker fans can be so cocky.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
haha, ok dude. If the Magic feel they have no choice but to trade Dwight, they could care less where he wants to go. They will take best value, and there will be teams throwing major pieces at Orlando. If the Lakers won't offer what Orlando thinks beats other trades, they will say no thank you.

God, Laker fans can be so cocky.

Did you read when I said D12 determines where he wants to go because he can refuse to sign a contract extension...No team is going to trade for D12 if he won't resign there..

koberulesall
05-10-2011, 09:40 PM
being cocky is what 5 championships do you guys wouldnt know that feeling to well

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Did you read when I said D12 determines where he wants to go because he can refuse to sign a contract extension...No team is going to trade for D12 if he won't resign there..

that is a factor, but it doesn't mean squat in the scheme of things. Players attempt to use that leverage but then realize that if they act like a baby and hit the open market, they have even fewer options.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 09:43 PM
being cocky is what 5 championships do you guys wouldnt know that feeling to well

I didn't know you played for the Lakers.

Its really easy to not be respected here. You are doing a great job of this by acting arrogant.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I didn't know you played for the Lakers.

Its really easy to not be respected here. You are doing a great job of this by acting arrogant.

Dude arent you a mod?

koberulesall
05-10-2011, 09:47 PM
no im just a passionate fan and know i get more enjoyment out of winning than any other fan IM A LAKER FAN we are a different breed.....oh know the cyber star trek tron virgins are turning against me RUN!!

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 09:48 PM
that is a factor, but it doesn't mean squat in the scheme of things. Players attempt to use that leverage but then realize that if they act like a baby and hit the open market, they have even fewer options.

Plenty of teams will most def find a way to clear cap space for D12 if he does hit free agency and they know they have a chance to get him...not to mention Otis will most likely lose his job for letting D12 leave and getting nothing back

shep33
05-10-2011, 09:49 PM
have fun with Gilbert's ugly *** contract too.

You know what's sad? Lol Gilbert is a far better pg than what we had on the Lakers this year, even with his hideous contract.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 09:49 PM

Yeah, them championships will give you everything except a semblance of gramatical or spelling ability

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Dude arent you a mod?

He is but he can't ban him he's not baiting or anything btw hawkeye does seem to always have a problem with laker fans whenever we defend Kobe or anything else we believe in so it always good to argue just not baiting

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 09:51 PM
He is but he can't ban him he's not baiting or anything btw hawkeye does seem to always have a problem with laker fans whenever we defend Kobe or anything else we believe in so it always good to argue just not baiting

Seems like most heat fans do

RaidersLakers24
05-10-2011, 10:05 PM
^^ I think he is a wolves fan but obviously he hates the lakers the most

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I dont think Hawkeye hates anyone. He doesnt seem like that type of guy.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Dude arent you a mod?

yes. So?

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Plenty of teams will most def find a way to clear cap space for D12 if he does hit free agency and they know they have a chance to get him...not to mention Otis will most likely lose his job for letting D12 leave and getting nothing back

for sure dude. For sure

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 10:24 PM

I have a problem with irrational fans. But yes, as long as you don't break the rules, I am fine with your posts. Anyone is allowed to be dense here, that isn't against the rules at all

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 10:24 PM
You know what's sad? Lol Gilbert is a far better pg than what we had on the Lakers this year, even with his hideous contract.

impossible. Gilbert was ****in terrible this year. it's impossible for him to be far better than anyone in the NBA.

Hawkeye15
05-10-2011, 10:25 PM
I dont Hawkeye hates anyone. He doesnt seem like that type of guy.

oh I take satisfaction in the Lakers failing for sure. But I am not letting it keep me up at night. Its just a game...

NBA-GMaster
05-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Trade Kobe,Pau and Artest plus draft pick/s for Howard, Paul and Gay/Iggy.. New Lakers..

Chi StateOfMind
05-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Cp3.