PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard genuinely seems to hate the "Melo, LeBron" drama

NYSpirit1
05-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Unlike LeBron and Carmelo, who seemed to like it or at least be agreeable to talking to the media about it - Howard seems to hate the media talk about his contract extension. He's been tweeting on how the Orlando Sentinel are writing stupid articles about his future and he gets annoyed every time someone asks a question.

Howard's Twitter: [Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh]

What I don't understand is why he doesn't just sign with the Magic then if he can't take the questions. He said he hasn't seen a contract extension and Otis Smith said he's offered one.

This video he just clearly looked mad:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=5fded796-ba55-4e69-b4ed-d5ab0cd82cf3

This is bound to go down a Melo-like path for Howard and I think it'll end up with him in a Lakers or Nets uniform. But that's not to say it won't be even more annoying for him, because he seems to hate it, while Melo and LeBron went along with it.

Raps18-19 Champ
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Howard will end up in the Lakers for Bynum and other crap.

Which is complete robbery.

Magic have so much options. They can get 30 better offers than Bynum and guys like Brown or Barnes.

iggypop123
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
he's mad. just go to the 99 cents store and buy a pen. that will fix everything. sign the extension. otherwise he is a liar.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 02:07 AM
He is a great guy and seems to genuinely love his city. He is trying to avoid all the speculation as much as possible. Whereas Melo enjoyed the trade talk and media attention, Dwight wants to avoid it.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Dont worry D12...You'll be in purple in gold soon enough and you won't have to deal with it ne more

NYK4L
05-10-2011, 02:12 AM
If he can't handle a little pressure by the Orlando Sentinel he definitely won't survive in NY. I see him in LA anyway.

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 02:18 AM
if he was smart he'd go play with Deron Williams. but i hope he doesn't because the Raptors would be screwed.

Avenged
05-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Then L.A isn't the place for you Dwight. Seriously, media and fans are going to talk. Especially with the "situation" the Magic are in. Either ignore it or sign an extension.

jzero
05-10-2011, 02:26 AM
losing creates even more drama
i still think hes moving

jzero
05-10-2011, 02:26 AM
losing creates even more drama
i still think hes moving

Raph12
05-10-2011, 02:39 AM
He doesn't want to be labelled a villain, yet he wants to win a ring desperately... He's too good of a guy to demand a trade, but he wants the Magic to atleast become close to contenders if he's to resign. If CP3 or DWill don't join him in ORL via trade and the Magic don't make the ECFs next season (provided he isn't traded by then), I can't picture him staying.

Kevj77
05-10-2011, 02:44 AM
Even if he decides to stay in Orlando signing the extension right now takes away all his leverage on the front office to really try to improve. Nothing makes a team pull out all the stops to get better than the thought of their franchise player walking away. Howard hasn't said publicly he wants out, but the media will make a big deal out of this until he signs the extension or a trade happens.

It's a catch 22 for Dwight right now. Silly that every superstar player has to talk about where he will play 2 years before he is a free agent when they probably don't even know themselves. Sport reporting is becoming more like TMZ everyday.

ChiSox219
05-10-2011, 02:45 AM
I don't see why Howard would go to LA, he already has enough trouble getting the ball on offense and the Magic don't even have Kobe.

The Nets seems like a nice spot for him.

JNA17
05-10-2011, 02:55 AM
Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ac6siv

Ouch :ouch:

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 02:55 AM
thread was already made but...

HE MAD

Hellcrooner
05-10-2011, 03:09 AM
Unlike Melo who had the new cba and greed problem if howard WANTS TO play for Lakers he WILL play for lakers and unlike Ny ( because of the cba problem) lalkers wont dismantle the team to get him.

Purple&Gold24
05-10-2011, 03:20 AM
He's going to stay, PERIOD!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Laker bound.

JiffyMix88
05-10-2011, 04:38 AM
He's coming to chicago!

shep33
05-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Bye Dwight lol. Orlando screwed themselves here though... they can't trade or sign anybody special, the contracts of Hedo and Gilbert are so bad that they still owe them somewhere near $96 mill I believe... unless they opt out, which won't happen.

They have to trade D12, and honestly its not a bad thing, look at Memphis now, look at Denver... two up and coming teams. If D12 gets traded, Orlando can force Turkoglu's contract to go with him, which is awesome for them. Gilbert is untradeable, I actually still think he can play well, he'll be a full year back from injury so we'll see. But still, even if he's putting up 16 and 8 for instance, his contract remains unmovable.

Orlando has the chance to be Denver or Memphis right now, if they don't trade Howard and he walks for nothing, it'll be worse than Toronto and Cleveland, because financially the Magic still have that money owed to Hedo and Gil.

I'm gonna admit, I'm a Laker fan, but even so, I think D12 is the best player in the game. Would I want him on my team? Heck yeah, but in all truth even if he gets moved to Chicago or say some team out west outside of the Lakers, its' a great move by Orlando. Unlike a lot of Laker fans, I don't think we need a complete revamp, just a couple bench players and a pg would be great.

eugene
05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
You mean Boozer and Noah for D12? :D :D

Bye Dwight lol. Orlando screwed themselves here though... they can't trade or sign anybody special, the contracts of Hedo and Gilbert are so bad that they still owe them somewhere near $96 mill I believe... unless they opt out, which won't happen.

They have to trade D12, and honestly its not a bad thing, look at Memphis now, look at Denver... two up and coming teams. If D12 gets traded, Orlando can force Turkoglu's contract to go with him, which is awesome for them. Gilbert is untradeable, I actually still think he can play well, he'll be a full year back from injury so we'll see. But still, even if he's putting up 16 and 8 for instance, his contract remains unmovable.

Orlando has the chance to be Denver or Memphis right now, if they don't trade Howard and he walks for nothing, it'll be worse than Toronto and Cleveland, because financially the Magic still have that money owed to Hedo and Gil.

I'm gonna admit, I'm a Laker fan, but even so, I think D12 is the best player in the game. Would I want him on my team? Heck yeah, but in all truth even if he gets moved to Chicago or say some team out west outside of the Lakers, its' a great move by Orlando. Unlike a lot of Laker fans, I don't think we need a complete revamp, just a couple bench players and a pg would be great.

Wade>You
05-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Anyone else think that Dwight is just saying this so, when he leaves, he can look back and say these are the reasons he left?

He's coming to chicago!
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/2018228/wade-s-coming-to-chicago-o.gif

magichatnumber9
05-10-2011, 06:48 AM
enjoy Shaq's coattails Dwight.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 08:48 AM
lol @ ppl thinking it's going to take Bynum and Gasol

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Anyone else think that Dwight is just saying this so, when he leaves, he can look back and say these are the reasons he left?

http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/2018228/wade-s-coming-to-chicago-o.gif

Oh yea because he doesn't come off as the bad guy. Like hey I wanted to stay and was committed to the city and the fans but the FO decided to go in another direction.

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 09:00 AM
if its the reporters that end up driving him away, i will personally take out every single one of their knee caps

jockrider
05-10-2011, 09:01 AM
ur2dads ur2dads
@
@DwightHoward Mavs fan here. I reckon you should stay in Orlando! Create your own legacy as one of the greatest centers ever.

@ur2dads that's what I'm tryna do.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 09:04 AM

Well then sign the extension

jockrider
05-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Well then sign the extension

@zmoney747 ain't no extension. I ain't seen one. I'm a free agent next yr. Not this yr.

-dwight

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 09:23 AM
"Orlando Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith said Friday that the organization has offered superstar center Dwight Howard a contract extension, but Howard said he hasn't seen it. "The extension is on the table," Smith said. That extension is believed to be for two seasons. Howard can become a free agent following the 2011-12 season. "

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/26846/magic_offered_dwight_howard_a_contract_extension_. html

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/213416/Contract_Extension_On_Table_For_Howard

Mc Uncle Cola
05-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I thought everyone knows that its set in stone that hes gunna be in a NETS UNIFORM

Winning1
05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
dude wth youre just contradicting yourself here.

first its greed, but oh wait then its b/c of the cba.

which is it buddy?

also, they will HAVE TO dismantle their damn team for him. i'd imagine the offer will start at gasol and bynum straight up, and then will venture from there.

but no way is howard just gonna waltz over there, not a friggin chance in the world. he ain't got no no-trade clause, so the magic can do whatever the hell they plz with him, and if someone else offers much more (like say the Nets, or even the T-Wolves or whoever) then tough **** for him you know?

Melo did what he hadda, Knicks as well. Personally I'da prefered D-Will, but hey w/e they're comprable, and **** you wanna talk about overpaying???

They gave up a 3 pick and a top 6 pick, as well as cap space and a very very good PG for D-Will.

Plus he's already giving them friggin problems caz he's picky as hell, and hasn't even resigned yet!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, also - Gallo and Chandler are starters at best. And it's not Melo's fault they played friggin hardball.

I'd rather give what we gave for Melo than the Nets did for D-Will - that was freakin HIGHWAY ROBBERY imo...
Are you drunk?

Muttman73
05-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Chicago anyone? No media problem there...chuckle chuckle

Seriously, Chicago would be great for him

jtsunami
05-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Do the Nets have any picks left?

Noah/Boozer (hopefully Boozer), Deng, Taj and 2 1sts for Dwight and Redick :D

J4KOP99
05-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Can I live?

Winning1
05-10-2011, 10:28 AM
im for chicago! I just dont think we have enough to offer since bynum is looking for a way out of L.A.

Winning1
05-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I dont think anybody would take boozer

macc
05-10-2011, 10:31 AM
It's easier said then done to just say "sign the extension so people will shut up." I'm a Magic fan and even I don't want to see him sign an extension this early. I would rather see him wait a bit to put pressure on our FO to get him somemore help or shake things up again.

Him signing and extension now just takes all the pressure of the FO to do something.

I may be bias but I really don't see Dwight going anywhere. Though crazier things have happened.

lakersrock
05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
If D12 gets traded, Orlando can force Turkoglu's contract to go with him, which is awesome for them.

No they can't. Nobody will take it because when it comes down to it, Orlando can trade him for Bynum and a backup or let him walk.

Do you really think they're gonna pass on having a legit 7 footer and the best offensive C in the game?

Sly Guy
05-10-2011, 10:57 AM
can't blame him for wanting to avoid the drama LBJ & Melo went thru. He might want out, but either way, he won't win in the media. Not signing fuels speculation, not answering to that speculation will drive the media nuts. If he does answer and says "lakers, knicks' or whatever, then he's a traitor and everyone hates him anyway.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 11:06 AM
lol @ ppl thinking it's going to take Bynum and Gasol

why not?

maybe bynum gasol for dwight arenas

I would absorb arenas contract to get dwight.
We are talking about probably the best player in the game, so lakers should probably to everything possible to get Howard.

sep11ie
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Lakers fans, do you remember how you called Knicks fans annoying, and heat fans annoying, and Nets fans annoying since this last summer? Umm, sound familiar?

mikealike305
05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
why is he crying? he doesnt sign the contract but he doesnt want speculation from the media? really dwight? cant have your cake and eat it to

jtsunami
05-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I just don't see where you guys are seeing Bynum's value. He's extremely fragile, he's not a star, and after these playoffs (specifically the historically dirty foul and his comments to the media) he's not going to have many people wanting him. I'd say without a doubt that Noah and Brook Lopez have more trade value than Bynum.

macc
05-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I just don't see where you guys are seeing Bynum's value. He's extremely fragile, he's not a star, and after these playoffs he's not going to have many people wanting him. I'd say without a doubt that Noah and Brook Lopez have more trade value than Bynum.

I disagree, even with Bynums injury past, I believe he has a higher ceiling than Lopez. Plus Bynum is only 22 years old. He's been the ultimate project and will only get better. If my team ended up having to deal Howard, I wouldn't mind getting Bynum and Gasol or Bynum and Odom for him.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 11:58 AM
why not?

maybe bynum gasol for dwight arenas

I would absorb arenas contract to get dwight.
We are talking about probably the best player in the game, so lakers should probably to everything possible to get Howard.

Because the Lakers are not going to want to give up both guys in the same deal. Hell they might not even do it in separate deals.

apope26
05-10-2011, 11:59 AM
:facepalm: :cool:
True Orlando fan speakin..... I would hate to see Dwight leave- it would def put us 3 steps back. He is the best center in the league hands down.. Since Yao went down(young Dwight). With this being said, we have the Heat, celts, knicks, and bulls to worry about. By subtracting him for a bynum(beat up) and gasol... Solid player... Would be wack. Keep Dwight and rebuild aroun him.. Say no more! Unless he decides to leave... And I'll have no hate what so ever toward him.. He a beast! Hell, rashard Lewis is my fav player in the NBA since '99.

** keep Dwight aroun yo lip.... Lol. Go after 2 other players... That u really want... And tell the rest to kick rocks!

Les scoop Beasley!

jtsunami
05-10-2011, 12:09 PM
I disagree, even with Bynums injury past, I believe he has a higher ceiling than Lopez. Plus Bynum is only 22 years old. He's been the ultimate project and will only get better. If my team ended up having to deal Howard, I wouldn't mind getting Bynum and Gasol or Bynum and Odom for him.

And if he's getting hurt every single season at 23 years old*, what's going to happen in 5 years? He's a lesser version of Yao injury wise. If history shows us anything, he's likely to miss 120+ games over the next 5 years.

What is Bynum's ceiling?

He's good defensively. Offensively, he's not skilled enough or explosive enough to be a force down low. That's not to say he is bad offensively, but he's not the type of player to draw a double team. Basically I don't think his defense is good enough to offset his offensive game to be considered a star or even all-star player.

macc
05-10-2011, 12:14 PM
And if he's getting hurt every single season at 23 years old*, what's going to happen in 5 years? He's a lesser version of Yao injury wise. If history shows us anything, he's likely to miss 120+ games over the next 5 years.

What is Bynum's ceiling?

He's good defensively. Offensively, he's not skilled enough or explosive enough to be a force down low. That's not to say he is bad offensively, but he's not the type of player to draw a double team. Basically I don't think his defense is good enough to offset his offensive game to be considered a star or even all-star player.

Once again the guy is only 22 years old. As a Magic fan I remember how much hate Dwight was getting when he was that young because of the lack of an offensive game he had. He didn't turn out to bad 4 years later.

jockrider
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM

23*

by the time the season starts he'll be 24.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I just don't see where you guys are seeing Bynum's value. He's extremely fragile, he's not a star, and after these playoffs (specifically the historically dirty foul and his comments to the media) he's not going to have many people wanting him. I'd say without a doubt that Noah and Brook Lopez have more trade value than Bynum.

lmfao

Bynum was our best player in the playoffs

Wilson
05-10-2011, 12:22 PM
As much as I would love to see Dwight Howard in a Laker uniform, I'm actually kind of rooting for him to stay with Orlando. It's refreshing to see a guy with a connection with the fans like that who wants to win for them, rather than just take the money and the fame.

jtsunami
05-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Dude, did I say Brook Lopez was a better player? No. Read carefully. Taking into consideration Bynum's glass-like frailty, it is my opinion that Brook has more trade value. Bynum when playing 100% is better than Lopez at 100%. Noah for me is debatable, but you can see my sig as why I might feel that way (I like Noah's versatility as a defender).

Bynum does not make the Magic a contender. And making $15m while only playing about 55-60 games per year just takes a large hit on his value.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Dude, did I say Brook Lopez was a better player? No. Read carefully. Taking into consideration Bynum's glass-like frailty, it is my opinion that Brook has more trade value. Bynum when playing 100% is better than Lopez at 100%. Noah for me is debatable, but you can see my sig as why I might feel that way (I like Noah's versatility as a defender).

Bynum does not make the Magic a contender. And making $15m while only playing about 55-60 games per year just takes a large hit on his value.

Lopez is like the opposite of Howard, hell no magic will want him

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM
He is a great guy and seems to genuinely love his city. He is trying to avoid all the speculation as much as possible. Whereas Melo enjoyed the trade talk and media attention, Dwight wants to avoid it.

Did you watch any of Melo's interviews? When he was asked about being traded. He always said "Leave that up to the Managment. I'm a Denver Nugget right now"

I swear people can't think for themselevs. and just go with what's cool to say without even knowing.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Lopez is like the opposite of Howard, hell no magic will want him

Not true the Magic would want Lopez.

With that being said I think ppl are overlooking Bynum.

Cubs Win
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I hope he comes to Chicago but it seems unlikely. I hope he stays in Orlando for two reasons if he's not coming to Chicago.
1) It would be nice to see a superstar stay with his team and show some loyalty.
2) Orlando proved this year that they won't be serious contenders in the East until sometime after they get out from Arenas' and Turkoglu's contracts.

Car Ramrod
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
I wouldn't count out Pheonix or Denver, if he actually does leave Orlando. Also I see a hard cap coming in the CBA. Lakers hands could be tied.

Orlando also has JRich coming off the books this year and I wouldn't be surpised if someone good wants to play with Dwight and join him in Orlando.

Bynum is good but a big man with knee injuries is something that isn't going to go away. Howard has been injury free that is worth as much as his talent. Orlando needs a veteren leader to bring that group of misfits together.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Did you watch any of Melo's interviews? When he was asked about being traded. He always said "Leave that up to the Managment. I'm a Denver Nugget right now"

I swear people can't think for themselevs. and just go with what's cool to say without even knowing.

Oh yea... thats why he was meeting other teams owners, and sending mixed signals. He was saying behind the scenes that he WOULD sign an extension in NJ then that he WOULDNT. Then he was on tv talking about how much he wanted the money. Then he was evading all questions instead of coming out and saying his true intentions.

If he didnt like the media attention he shoudve made it clear where he would and wouldnt sign so that the drama would be over

wjmoffatt
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
NY- would have to offer Amare for Dwight
N.O- Okefor and Ariza for Howard, Orlando wouldn't take this
Chi- Boozer and Noah for Howard, porbably wouldn't give up Noah. Could replace Noah with C.J Watson. Or Boozer, Taj, and Omar Isik for Howard.
N.J- doesn't have enough pieces to offer, to many trade clauses on the roster.
L.A- Bynum for Howard straight up. (Best offer for Orlando, would also consider Boozer, Taj, and Omar). Then L.A could offer Pau gasol straight up for CP3, New Orleans a bankrupt franchise might take anything just because they could lose him to free agency and need a name to still put fans in the stands. LA trades Walton and Artest for A.I.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I hope he comes to Chicago but it seems unlikely. I hope he stays in Orlando for two reasons if he's not coming to Chicago.
1) It would be nice to see a superstar stay with his team and show some loyalty.
2) Orlando proved this year that they won't be serious contenders in the East until sometime after they get out from Arenas' and Turkoglu's contracts.

:D Thats pretty funny. So your reasons are negated if he doesnt come to CHI?

jtsunami
05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Chi- Boozer and Noah for Howard, porbably wouldn't give up Noah. Could replace Noah with C.J Watson. Or Boozer, Taj, and Omar Isik for Howard.
L.A- Bynum for Howard straight up. (Best offer for Orlando, would also consider Boozer, Taj, and Omar). Then L.A could offer Pau gasol straight up for CP3, New Orleans a bankrupt franchise might take anything just because they could lose him to free agency and need a name to still put fans in the stands. LA trades Walton and Artest for A.I.

Hold on while I put my LOLLERSKATES on.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh yea... thats why he was meeting other teams owners, and sending mixed signals. He was saying behind the scenes that he WOULD sign an extension in NJ then that he WOULDNT. Then he was on tv talking about how much he wanted the money. Then he was evading all questions instead of coming out and saying his true intentions.

If he didnt like the media attention he shoudve made it clear where he would and wouldnt sign so that the drama would be over

Why would he say his true intentions...? So the "Media" can take it and run?

And how do you know what his intentions were..? Unless you know Melo personally.

8kobe24
05-10-2011, 01:45 PM

Wow.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Ok ill take it piece by piece... but fist i MUST say something. Kids... DONT DO DRUGS!

ORL will have no use for Amare Stoudemire and his ridiculous contract

New Orleans cant get Dwight because none of their pieces are attractive

Chicago is not dumping Boozer on ORL. Nobody wants him so why would a rebuilding team that is trading away a top 3 player?

NJ doesnt have any trade clauses on Lopez, Humphries or Morrow who im assuming are the likely trade assets.

LA will NOT get both CP3 and Dwight. I feel stupid even addressing this. Gasol for CP3 straight up? :laugh: Bynum for Howard straight up? :pity:

Like i said... kids... dont do drugs!

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Why would he say his true intentions...? So the "Media" can take it and run?

And how do you know what his intentions were..? Unless you know Melo personally.

His intentions were pretty obvious, which is why the drama unfolded. He wanted the money. Melo is a diva. No use debating it

Hellcrooner
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Ok ill take it piece by piece... but fist i MUST say something. Kids... DONT DO DRUGS!

ORL will have no use for Amare Stoudemire and his ridiculous contract

New Orleans cant get Dwight because none of their pieces are attractive

Chicago is not dumping Boozer on ORL. Nobody wants him so why would a rebuilding team that is trading away a top 3 player?

NJ doesnt have any trade clauses on Lopez, Humphries or Morrow who im assuming are the likely trade assets.

LA will NOT get both CP3 and Dwight. I feel stupid even addressing this. Gasol for CP3 straight up? :laugh: Bynum for Howard straight up? :pity:

Like i said... kids... dont do drugs!

theres a FUNDAMENTAL difference in the Melo and Howard cases.

Ny will ahve Billups expiring so they can ADD howard in the offseason jsut like that and Magic get NOTHING.

MELO wanted to SIGN a MAX contract UNDER the CURRENT CBA.
If he simply waited the season to end the new cba could make him lose money.
thats why he Wanted to be TRADED , so he could sigh the current max.
If nto tradedf he woudl have resigned just for the money.

And thats why Nuggets toyed with Nets and Knicks to raise the price.

Howard has been LOWBALLED ( that two year extension was made from orlando so they could then later offer him LESS money from teh new cba max) of course he has not bit and he can probably be enraged by it.

So this is the situation.

If he wants to join lakers as HINTED by himself in the media.

he will come to the Magic FO this summer or before the deadline and tell them.

Look.

IM GONE.

you choose

GET NOTHING and i sign or the knicks wich i also like.

Get BYNUM.

Thats why Bynum for Howard straight up ( or with some minor pieces or picks added or having lakers take arenas or turks contract)
WILL happen with 80% probability.

Supreme LA
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't see why Howard would go to LA, he already has enough trouble getting the ball on offense and the Magic don't even have Kobe.

The Nets seems like a nice spot for him.

You're ********. Howard wants to come to LA and Kobe is the one Laker guard who actually feeds the post consistently. And the only reason he would leave Orlando is to win, so it's pretty much decided that he won't be going to the Nets.

THE MTL
05-10-2011, 02:20 PM
I hope he stays. The Magic have a year and maybe Gilbert Arenas can find the fountain of youth.

With a declining Kobe and the assets lost in a trade for Howard.....would the Lakers even be title contenders?

RaiderLakersA's
05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
It's apparent to me that Dwight would like to stay in Orlando...if a championship caliber team is around him. Otherwise, why sign an extension if you're going to have the same result as this year? Or worse. No one wants to spend their prime years struggling on any team.

Dwight -- or his agent -- is smart for ignoring any contract extension, if one exists. Play out your current contract. Tell everyone that is your intent. End of story. That way if the team trades you, it's not your fault. Further, no one will fault you for not signing a new contract with whatever team you get moved to, if you don't like that particular organization.

Finally, there is something to be said about being able to choose your own destiny. I'm sick of people talking about loyalty. If out of college MacDonalds or Federal Express were given the power to hold my rights and compel me to work for them, sure I might be happy to have a job working for one of the largest global companies in the world, but it wouldn't be my first choice, no matter how much love I got from the customer base. Sure, I could work my way up the corporate ladder and gleefully sign to a more lucrative salary. But that still doesn't necessarily mean that once my contract was up that I wouldn't seriously entertain my options if I felt those companies had been mismanaged and hit a ceiling that prevented me from reaching my true potential.

I hear many say that Dwight should stay, but I hear very few who think that he will honestly win a title in Orlando if he does. Arenas and Turk pretty much make that implausible for the foreseeable future. And call me biased, but I don't see SVG as getting any better as a coach. By all accounts, he horribly managed the talent on his roster the past 3 years at critical junctures of the season.

Honestly, would you stay if it meant that you'd have a front row seat to a struggling team in decline? Where is the positive legacy in that???

shep33
05-10-2011, 02:27 PM
No they can't. Nobody will take it because when it comes down to it, Orlando can trade him for Bynum and a backup or let him walk.

Do you really think they're gonna pass on having a legit 7 footer and the best offensive C in the game?

the thing is, there are teams willing to take on Hedo's contract if it means getting arguably the best player let alone center in the league.

shep33
05-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I hope he stays. The Magic have a year and maybe Gilbert Arenas can find the fountain of youth.

With a declining Kobe and the assets lost in a trade for Howard.....would the Lakers even be title contenders?

Easily, this team without Howard just needs rest, and a couple pieces to be dominant again. They are tweaks away from being actually better than before.

As for the howard thing, LA gives him a long window to win championships. Kobe at age 40 with no hands would be the best player D12 has ever played with. As much as we say Kobe is on his way down, he still gets 25, 5 and 5 on average. But besides that, Kobe expires in 2014 I believe... lots of top class free agents will be available and the Lakers will have cap room.

He can go to LA and not only become the new face of LA, but you know the team regardless is going to stay relevant.

RaiderLakersA's
05-10-2011, 02:38 PM
the thing is a team that there are teams willing to take on Hedo's contract if it means getting arguably the best player let alone center in the league.

I have to agree with you.

I've seen GM's make decisions that made absolutely no logical, fiscal or competitive sense at all. I wouldn't rule out a franchise going all out to bring in someone of Dwight's caliber in the door.

The problem that these teams will have is that they will need some guarantee from Dwight that he'd sign anew with them. If not, he's just a one year rental. Make that a one year rental with Turk or Arenas or whomever chained to their necks like a 100 ton anchor in the deep blue sea. You better grow gills or else.

Hopefully common sense prevails, but we know that's not often the case.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
His intentions were pretty obvious, which is why the drama unfolded. He wanted the money. Melo is a diva. No use debating it

you have no proof... It's like OJ Simpson, Yeeeeeah... He probablly did it. But he was accused and not convicted. So therefor no base in you argument. Unless you find me an interview where he asked for a trade... Plz and the interview when asked "Would you like to return home?" and his response was "Who wouldn't?" that interview doesn't count./

lakersrock
05-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Willing and forced are two different things. They won't force anyone to do anything.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
you have no proof... It's like OJ Simpson, Yeeeeeah... He probablly did it. But he was accused and not convicted. So therefor no base in you argument. Unless you find me an interview where he asked for a trade... Plz and the interview when asked "Would you like to return home?" and his response was "Who wouldn't?" that interview doesn't count./

Touche :D Just like we cant prove that Wade, Lebron, and Bosh had it planned all along that they would play together.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-10-2011, 02:56 PM

:facepalm:

29$JerZ
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
People need to take into consideration the NBA owns Paul so them just letting him leave NO without a star destroys that franchise.

Dwight is likely to stay or go to LA. That's just how the cards play.

OrLMaGiK1
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Nets have no bench and Lakers are going to be rebuilding with Phil Jackson gone. Kobe's got 2 or 3 more years in him before he retires. There is no way either of those 2 teams win a championship within 5 years. Howard's best bet would be to stay in orlando and wait until turk and gil's contracts are in their final year. with that u can trade or let them walk at the end of the season with that cash use it to sign 2 premier young players. Orlando has a good set of young players and Howard is only 25 and still got 10+ great years left in his career. Why cant players just be patient. Howard has been in a movie, commercials and has his own shoe. He is already known around the world...what difference does it make to be in a bigger market???? Why not become a legend in a city that isnt known for any sports except basketball. Sry people but Orlando is his best option as far as his career and legacy goes.

Lil Half Dead
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
If he can't handle Orlando media attention, how in the hell is he going to survive in L.A. or New York/Jersey?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Touche :D Just like we cant prove that Wade, Lebron, and Bosh had it planned all along that they would play together.

Exactly.

Chill_Will_24
05-10-2011, 03:30 PM
If he can't handle Orlando media attention, how in the hell is he going to survive in L.A. or New York/Jersey?

He can handle the pressure. Its not about him, it seems. He just loves his city and doesnt want to be booed in ORL like Melo was in DEN. He is a really nice guy and bothers him that this might lead to

A) Miscommunications between he and his team

B) Distraction to his team once the season starts

C) A reckless trade by his team when in fact his plan all along has probably
been to enter free agency and join a team that wasnt depleted thru trade

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM

kobe, dwight, and a bench would be title contenders.

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Nets have no bench and Lakers are going to be rebuilding with Phil Jackson gone. Kobe's got 2 or 3 more years in him before he retires. There is no way either of those 2 teams win a championship within 5 years. Howard's best bet would be to stay in orlando and wait until turk and gil's contracts are in their final year. with that u can trade or let them walk at the end of the season with that cash use it to sign 2 premier young players. Orlando has a good set of young players and Howard is only 25 and still got 10+ great years left in his career. Why cant players just be patient. Howard has been in a movie, commercials and has his own shoe. He is already known around the world...what difference does it make to be in a bigger market???? Why not become a legend in a city that isnt known for any sports except basketball. Sry people but Orlando is his best option as far as his career and legacy goes.

KG was patient and he wasted away valuable yrs on a team that everyone felt was close to winning but they never did. Maybe I'm wrong and if I am someone can correct me but I think it was KG that said if he had the opportunity to go back then he would have left the wolves when he had a chance. Kevin was loyal to the city and organization and he became a forgotten man watching his career slip by.

Savage Sunday
05-10-2011, 03:47 PM
Im just so tired of the media acting like Dwight has a huge entourage and a big agency group like LeBron & Melo had. These guys had so many people around them leaking news and speaking to the media for LeBron & Melo that it created such drama and miscommunication between LeBron/Melo, the media, the fans & their respective teams.

What I hate about this is that Orlando made such a ridiculous deal to get Hedo & Arenas. 2 of the Top 5 worst contracts in the NBA and both players who will give you flashes of their old self, but dont have it anymore.

Orlando just doesnt have a good future right now & it sucks that the media is going to make Dwight into a villain for leaving for greener pastures. I fully expect Orlando is going to cave in this summer or during the trade deadline and let Dwight go. They saw what happened to the Nuggets and how the Carmelo drama weighed them & their fans down for 1/2 of a season.

New Jersey & LA both would take Dwight & either Arenas or Hedo's bad contract.

Savage Sunday
05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
KG was patient and he wasted away valuable yrs on a team that everyone felt was close to winning but they never did. Maybe I'm wrong and if I am someone can correct me but I think it was KG that said if he had the opportunity to go back then he would have left the wolves when he had a chance. Kevin was loyal to the city and organization and he became a forgotten man watching his career slip by.

Exactly. Then his legacy as a Top PF All-Time was diminished up until 2008 because he had never won a title or been to a NBA Finals.

That was LeBron's reasoning for leaving Cleveland in which he didnt want to be 30 or 31 with bum knees after a 13 year career like T-Mac and be known only as a guy who never won anything.

Dwight will be the same way. They are going to have to rebuild in order to get a new team around him.

OrLMaGiK1
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM

U got a good point....Hey did they ever get out the 1st or 2nd round with garnett??? I cant remember...But look at Pat Ewing....He never won a championship but hes a hall of Famer, a legend in NY...Charles Barkley same thing never won a ring. Stockton too never got a ring! Howard could pull a Wade talk someone over...We do have a nice shiny new arena top of the line excercise facility and warm weather! I'd love for Howard to do a whole "Decision" show like Lebron did and make a spoof of it saying he's decided to stay...I could see him do that he has that kind of sense of humor and personality

lamar2006
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Howard will end up in the Lakers for Bynum and other crap.

Which is complete robbery.

Magic have so much options. They can get 30 better offers than Bynum and guys like Brown or Barnes.

ok. genious give me 30 better offers than a 23 yr old C with potential to be the best center in the league in 2-3 years if healthy. Plus, 13 million expiring contract and a couple of first round picks. Hey, the Lakers may even include Odom if Magic give up Nelson or the Lakers might take Arena's bad contract if it means acquiring Howard. OK. I wait for your 30 best offers. Thats right you can come up with any. Bynum and other trash is already in the best 3 possible trade options Magic will have

Savage Sunday
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
U got a good point....Hey did they ever get out the 1st or 2nd round with garnett??? I cant remember...But look at Pat Ewing....He never won a championship but hes a hall of Famer, a legend in NY...Charles Barkley same thing never won a ring. Stockton too never got a ring! Howard could pull a Wade talk someone over...We do have a nice shiny new arena top of the line excercise facility and warm weather! I'd love for Howard to do a whole "Decision" show like Lebron did and make a spoof of it saying he's decided to stay...I could see him do that he has that kind of sense of humor and personality

His ego isnt that huge.

ok. genious give me 30 better offers than a 23 yr old C with potential to be the best center in the league in 2-3 years if healthy. Plus, 13 million expiring contract and a couple of first round picks. Hey, the Lakers may even include Odom if Magic give up Nelson or the Lakers might take Arena's bad contract if it means acquiring Howard. OK. I wait for your 30 best offers. Thats right you can come up with any. Bynum and other trash is already in the best 3 possible trade options Magic will have

Agreed. I'd love to hear those 30 offers.

So the Lakers would be:

PG- Arenas
SG- Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Gasol
C- Howard

The biggest question would be who can manage a team like this? Phil admitted he made a mistake coming back this season when his heart wasnt 100% into it.

Do you go grab Doc Rivers? Rick Adelman? Mike D'Antoni :D?

OrLMaGiK1
05-10-2011, 04:23 PM
If Howard was wanting a trade how does this 3 team trade sound??? Would you do it???

Orlando Gets: Bynum, Gay, Mayo, and Blake
LA Gets: Howard, Nelson, and Turk
MEM Gets: Redick, Odom, Brown, Ryno and rights to Vazquez and picks

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Exactly. Then his legacy as a Top PF All-Time was diminished up until 2008 because he had never won a title or been to a NBA Finals.

That was LeBron's reasoning for leaving Cleveland in which he didnt want to be 30 or 31 with bum knees after a 13 year career like T-Mac and be known only as a guy who never won anything.

Dwight will be the same way. They are going to have to rebuild in order to get a new team around him.

Yep that's one reason why Lebron teamed up with his boys in South Beach. Sooner rather than later their skills will begin to erode and they'll be left as a yea but guy. Yea he was great but he never won or played in a final.

Lebron handled the process poorly but he's in a better position now than he was with Cavs.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
If Howard was wanting a trade how does this 3 team trade sound??? Would you do it???

I;m sure Orl and La would be cool with that deal...but I doubt mem goes for that lol

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 10:10 PM

They got out of the 1st Rd one time with KG but ended up losing in the WC finals to the Lakers. What followed was missing playoffs every yr since then.

That's going to be the first step which is trying to acquire another player. If the Magic can do that then Howard will definitely stay.

True those players never won a ring and became great players but can you imagine how better their legacies would be if the did win 2 or even 1 ring.

His ego isnt that huge.

Agreed. I'd love to hear those 30 offers.

So the Lakers would be:

PG- Arenas
SG- Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Gasol
C- Howard

The biggest question would be who can manage a team like this? Phil admitted he made a mistake coming back this season when his heart wasnt 100% into it.

Do you go grab Doc Rivers? Rick Adelman? Mike D'Antoni :D?

If you have Howard, Gasol, Kobe, Arenas, and a revamped bench Phil comes back. There is no way he could turn his back on that team.

MagicHero3
05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Unlike LeBron and Carmelo, who seemed to like it or at least be agreeable to talking to the media about it - Howard seems to hate the media talk about his contract extension. He's been tweeting on how the Orlando Sentinel are writing stupid articles about his future and he gets annoyed every time someone asks a question.

Howard's Twitter: [Y does it seem like the writers of Orlando sentinel are tryna push me out of Orlando with dumb articles. It's annoying. Can I enjoy my summer and get ready for next season in Orlando. Pls. Same thing u guys did to Shaq. Smh]

What I don't understand is why he doesn't just sign with the Magic then if he can't take the questions. He said he hasn't seen a contract extension and Otis Smith said he's offered one.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/videobeta/?watchId=5fded796-ba55-4e69-b4ed-d5ab0cd82cf3

This is bound to go down a Melo-like path for Howard and I think it'll end up with him in a Lakers or Nets uniform. But that's not to say it won't be even more annoying for him, because he seems to hate it, while Melo and LeBron went along with it.

I guess its opposite day. BC after all the info you just posted from his interview, all signs point to him staying in Orlando. I really dont understand how him getting angry at the media for speculating and saying he loves his city and plans on staying will lead you to believe he'll go down a "Melo-like path"?. Your just expressing your hopes at this point bc you make no sense.

RaiderLakersA's
05-11-2011, 11:36 AM
If you have Howard, Gasol, Kobe, Arenas, and a revamped bench Phil comes back. There is no way he could turn his back on that team.

PJ will retire. If you have Howard, Gasol, and Kobe, you won't have a problem finding a head coach with that core.

Folks are predicting that the Lakers would have to add either Hedo or Arenas, if Howard comes over as part of a trade. The Lakers should resist doing so.

Since at this point this entire thread is speculation, let me add my (ridiculous) spin to it. Along with Howard, Kobe and Pau, the Lakers add the following players:

- Stephen "Babyface" Curry, PG (part of 3 team Trade with Golden State & Orlando for Howard. Golden State gets SVG, Nelson and Turk, Lakers get Curry and Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, money off the books and a chance to hire a better coach. Hey, I said it was ridiculous, didn't I??? :D)

- Andre "Gettin' Iggy With It" Iguodala, SF

- "No nonsense" Nene (reserve PF/C)

- Shane "The Specialist" Battier (reserve SF)

- Aaron "Needs to get his mojo back" Brooks (reserve PG)

- Jason "Killin' it, son!" Kapono (reserve SG)

Just add Odom and stir.

BigCityofDreams
05-11-2011, 11:52 AM
PJ will retire. If you have Howard, Gasol, and Kobe, you won't have a problem finding a head coach with that core.

Folks are predicting that the Lakers would have to add either Hedo or Arenas, if Howard comes over as part of a trade. The Lakers should resist doing so.

Since at this point this entire thread is speculation, let me add my (ridiculous) spin to it. Along with Howard, Kobe and Pau, the Lakers add the following players:

- Stephen "Babyface" Curry, PG (part of 3 team Trade with Golden State & Orlando for Howard. Golden State gets SVG, Nelson and Turk, Lakers get Curry and Howard, Orlando gets Bynum, money off the books and a chance to hire a better coach. Hey, I said it was ridiculous, didn't I??? :D)

- Andre "Gettin' Iggy With It" Iguodala, SF

- "No nonsense" Nene (reserve PF/C)

- Shane "The Specialist" Battier (reserve SF)

- Aaron "Needs to get his mojo back" Brooks (reserve PG)

- Jason "Killin' it, son!" Kapono (reserve SG)

Just add Odom and stir.

I'll be having some fun with 2k later on :clap:

JasonJohnHorn
05-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Well... I understand why players dont want to sign extensions. I'm a Raptors fan and dont blame or dislike Bosh at all for how he handled things. He let the Raptors know he wanted to be in a winning situation, gave them a list of teams he was interested in (Raptors included) and ended up doing what was best for him. He gave the Raptors the better part of a decade to get things going in the right direction, and they couldnt do it. He was on a playoff team with a coach of the year winner, they fired the coach, made bad draft picks, and were still in the lottery when he left.

Howard has seen that the Magic are having a hard time pushing back into the finals and title contention. He likely would like to stay, but he also wants to see and know that there is progress, and the bottom line is: you wont know until the Magic's playoff run is over next season where the Magic sit, so he wont make his choice until things are clearer.

Now the Magic can either get on the phone and get a power forward that can help Howard on the boards, or they can take calls for Howard up and through the trade deadline.

The situation with LBJ was different in my book. He had said things and made promises to the organization and the city and didnt follow through. And yes, it seems like he gave up, but the organization put a good team around him and they just didnt win. In Toronto, Bosh saw the front office had NO CLUE what they were doing, so he left for greener pastures. LBJ cant argue the same. The Cavs had the best record in the NBA two years straight, and both times underachieved in the playoffs.

Anyways... people should just lay off Howard, let him play, and let he and the Magic work things out.

Raph12
05-11-2011, 06:38 PM

Best one I've heard so far, but getting that many players to like the deal could be a hassle...

Wilson
05-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I;m sure Orl and La would be cool with that deal...but I doubt mem goes for that lol

Yeah Memphis gets hosed there.

I really don't think the Lakers have a shot at Howard this summer. Unless Howard says to Orlando management that he wants out (and so far it seems he's done the opposite), he'll stay with Orlando. He's still under contract for a full season, then has a player option.

CeeDub15
05-11-2011, 06:48 PM
^Agreed with the 2 above posts. Terrible deal for Memphis.

Raph12
05-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Yeah Memphis gets hosed there.

I really don't think the Lakers have a shot at Howard this summer. Unless Howard says to Orlando management that he wants out (and so far it seems he's done the opposite), he'll stay with Orlando. He's still under contract for a full season, then has a player option.

Definitely not this offseason, he'll wait to see what the Magic put around him first, if they have another early exit next season, then he'll want out...

Wilson
05-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Definitely not this offseason, he'll wait to see what the Magic put around him first, if they have another early exit next season, then he'll want out...

I don't think that's a guarantee, but Orlando have certainly made life difficult for themselves with the Gilbert Arenas and Hedo Turkoglu acquisitions. I wonder if they'll be able to just buy out one or both of them - Orlando needs the cap space and those players just aren't worth the money.

Sadds The Gr8
05-15-2011, 11:50 AM

:facepalm:

tbomlad
05-15-2011, 12:21 PM
The ONLY way Otis is trading Dwight is if Dwight comes out and says that he will NOT resign with the Magic and they MUST trade him and that's just not happening. Dwight loves Orlando and was pissed at the Orlando Sentinel and other media outlets/pundits for making the Magic fans think that he wants out. Dwight WANTS to stay in ORL but he wants play with another superstar. Otis will use this offseason, next season, and the 2012 offseason to fill a team to Dwight's liking therefore Otis is prepared to let Dwight walk for nothing unless Dwight specifically says he wants to be traded and will not resign with ORL because Otis really feels like Dwight does not want to leave. So for teams, like the Lakers, who are not able to sign Dwight outright you have no chance because Dwight WILL NOT demand a trade.

pd1dish
05-15-2011, 01:16 PM

i agree with those who are saying that the only reason Dwight tweeted that was to set himself up to leave and have a reason for doing so. he can now say "the media drove me out of Orlando and thats why i am leaving". and thats a bunch of garbage. the Orlando Sentinel is writing about him because they simply dont have much else to talk about, especially in the sports section. and why would they be trying to push him out of Orlando? hes single handedly keeping that franchise in contention and probably single handedly keeping Orlando Sentinel sportswriters their jobs.

if he really believes that the media is giving him a hard time, then what does he expect when he leaves Orlando? rumors have been swirling about him going to LA in a Bynum trade, but LA's media is going to be 10x worse and the spotlight will be on him like it never has before. the team that i think has the next best package would be the Bulls and Chicago's media is going to be much worse than Orlando.