PDA

View Full Version : surpised at kobe's reaction

jzero
05-10-2011, 12:23 AM
i watched the postgame interview and i was surprised that he didn't breakdown
he's the most basketball-crazy player in the league and i know he's not used to losing
any1 else surprised?

davids22
05-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Nope.

Rego247
05-10-2011, 12:31 AM
not everyone cries like chris bosh after a game.

im sure he understands the gravity of the situation.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-10-2011, 12:31 AM
What did you want him to do cry??
Call out the players??
He's classy simple as that he knows he'll get few more rings before its all set and done. He has a longer period to rest this year for next year

Eagles4Lyfe
05-10-2011, 12:32 AM
not everyone cries like chris bosh after a game.

im sure he understands the gravity of the situation.

What?? Chris bosh actually has interviews where hes asked questions

mjt20mik
05-10-2011, 12:33 AM

** Crickets **

bocajr22
05-10-2011, 12:38 AM
Kobe knows they will reload and will use the time to rest...played an extra seasons worth of playoff games the past 3 years, time to recharge the batteries...seemed like he was close to cracking when asked about phil, but maybe he knows something we dont..

Rego247
05-10-2011, 12:40 AM

...................yo dawg.

davids22
05-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Call out the players??
He's classy simple as that he knows he'll get few more rings before its all set and done. He has a longer period to rest this year for next year

You honestly think Kobe will get a few more rings (plural) before it's all said and done? Maybe if he had won this year, but I don't see the Lakers staying as the dominant force in the West after this season unless something major happens. They were exposed by the Mavericks. Kobe has enough in him to get one more, if that, unless LA makes some changes. Otherwise, the next 5 years of the West is all OKC, Memphis, and Dallas.

Tragedy
05-10-2011, 12:42 AM
He kept his composure. Not sure what else is to be said. I understand he's a huge basketball guy, but some people react differently. He's probably more in shock than anything else..Or maybe he expected it.

JiffyMix88
05-10-2011, 12:47 AM
what?

BKdoubleStacker
05-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Ball.

Avenged
05-10-2011, 12:51 AM
When you've won so much, the bad doesn't really get to you as hard. If he had never won a championship before, and got swept in this magnitude of his career, we would have seen a different reaction. I'm talking about throwing players under the bus and trade talks like he did a couple seasons ago when the Lakers sucked.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-10-2011, 12:57 AM
You honestly think Kobe will get a few more rings (plural) before it's all said and done? Maybe if he had won this year, but I don't see the Lakers staying as the dominant force in the West after this season unless something major happens. They were exposed by the Mavericks. Kobe has enough in him to get one more, if that, unless LA makes some changes. Otherwise, the next 5 years of the West is all OKC, Memphis, and Dallas.

Huh what if he becomes a head coach after his gig? I can see him winning some as a coach and player. Depending on who they get its possible he still has a while to go hommie..

But ya what do people expect for him to not shake peoples hand and just walk of the court while taking his jersey off:p

Cal827
05-10-2011, 01:00 AM
He's been in the NBA for about 15 years. During his career, he's had great times but he's also had complete failures. For example, Remember that hall of fame team the Lakers put forth in the mid 2000s that were part of the "five-game sweep" by the Pistons? Unlike Bynum, he doesn't act like a baby. He understands that everything won't go your way in a career.

Cal827
05-10-2011, 01:02 AM

It's the Lakers, don't be surprised if they are somehow able to acquire Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin in the next 3 years lol :facepalm:

davids22
05-10-2011, 01:12 AM
It's the Lakers, don't be surprised if they are somehow able to acquire Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin in the next 3 years lol :facepalm:

Haha you have a point. Dwights the only realistic thing I could see the Lakers getting. Durant seems to be a loyal guy (but who knows, losing will change anyones opinion), and hopefully the Clippers build something good around Blake in the next few seasons he's there (Iggy, plz! Gordan/Iggy/Blake = a pretty decent big 3 if they put the right pieces around them).

Lakerhead4ever
05-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Understand Kobe. he is maybe the most confident player in hus generation.
not to mention one of the best to do it.

i think he's okay with letting one year slip past him,he can rest up longer, get healed, spend time with his fam. going to the finals 3 yrs in a row take a toll.

plus the laker FO HAVE to make him happy so there will be changes made, and they will continue to be a factor in the league.

Cal827
05-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Haha you have a point. Dwights the only realistic thing I could see the Lakers getting. Durant seems to be a loyal guy (but who knows, losing will change anyones opinion), and hopefully the Clippers build something good around Blake in the next few seasons he's there (Iggy, plz! Gordan/Iggy/Blake = a pretty decent big 3 if they put the right pieces around them).

I know I was kind of joking on the others, but we know that just when we think the Lakers are in a tailspin, they do something to stun the league. Hopefully for the fans of the Clippers, the GM does bring him in. They'll have much more to spend then the other big 3s (Since they don't have to extend Gordon/Griffin just yet)

Bulls_fan90
05-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Fail thread. Are you trying to bait? I have no idea what this thread is about...

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 02:02 AM
When you get blown out the way the Lakers did...he had plenty of time for it to sink in that they're getting swept be4 he had his post game interview...especially when u add being down 0-3..

It were game 7 and they got blown out like that I'm sure he'd be way more upset...but even then what is he supposed to do break all the mics and slam reporters on tables wwe style?? lol

jzero
05-10-2011, 02:05 AM
Fail thread. Are you trying to bait? I have no idea what this thread is about...

nah i wasnt trying to bait
just shocked that kobe didn't seem very disappointed
maybe he's content with what he's got?

Green Storm
05-10-2011, 02:15 AM

Kobe will never be content.

Bulls_fan90
05-10-2011, 02:16 AM

I'm sure he was disappointed. I think he realized that the Lakers really weren't that close this year. I mean they got swept pretty easily. If this was game 6 or 7 of the NBA finals I'm sure you'd see much more emotion from Kobe.

KingPosey
05-10-2011, 02:43 AM
Really? When have you ever seen KB give that kind of reaction? I have never seen him cry after losing. He usually is pissed and gives no sign of emotion.

magic0320
05-10-2011, 03:45 AM
well didn't he cried after losing to Spurs going for 4 peat? I am sure he learned his lesson crying don't do ****!

LakersIn5
05-10-2011, 04:21 AM

anything can happen. you said the mavs exposed the lakers. well every previous year other teams have also exposed the mavs. and LOL at your comment that in the next 5 years of the west is all OKC, Memphis, and Dallas because you wouldnt dare say that last season when the mavs lost in the first round and the grizzlies out of the playoffs. and you are probably one of the guys who said that the lakers will be a championship contender for 2-3 more years before the season started and thought that the lakers would have beaten the mavs. ANYTHING CAN STILL HAPPEN. THE MAVERICKS LOST IN THE FIRST ROUND AS THE NO.1 AND NO. 2 SEED AND YOU GUYS HAVE ALREADY COUNTED THEM OUT. BUT HERE THEY ARE IN THE WEST FINALS AFTER COMING BACK STRONG FROM PREVIOUS DISAPPOINTING PLAYOFFS. IF THE MAVS WERE ABLE TO DO IT I DONT SEE WHY THE LAKERS CANT. Lakers will be back next season and any good team in the west even in the nba can be that championship contender next year. cuz dallas wasnt even tagged as a championship contender before the playoffs but they are now. WATCH OUT.

shep33
05-10-2011, 05:01 AM
Kobe looked dead during the series. I don't blame him, he's played way too much ball for his age. I dont' know of any other players that have put on such miles at age 32...

One thing people should realize is that he's always been the playmaker for the Lakers, ever since he played significant minutes. He's never in his career had an adequate backup.... please name them lol, what comes to mind are JR Rider, Kareem Rush, Shannon Brown, Sasha Vujacic... he's never played with another all-star wing man since Van Exel and Eddie Jones when he was like 19. Never had a Pippen that could take pressure off him handling the ball or creating for others, really put that in perspective now. I have watched him throughout his career, the guy did everything for the franchise, he guarded the oppositions best player, whether it be a pg or sf, didn't matter, and really shut them down most of the time. The guy needs a break, and I think the lockout can actually help him odd enough. 4 pretty deep playoff runs, 3 finals, 2 ships, 1 olympic gold medal, 2 years before that carrying a team with most of its players not even in the league anymore (and it wasn't due to old age)... the guy needs a break kinda like MJ in my opinion. He needs to get rejuvenated, and rest his body.

The Lakers are lucky to have this guy. He has carried his weight for this franchise without question.

stawka
05-10-2011, 05:56 AM
He won't show it to the media that he's pissed off, but you know he's burning. 1 ring off Michael, on the way to a 3-peat, Phil's fourth 3-peat... He wanted to win

But with that said, he's had his fair share of failures over the years. It's not as if he's Duncan and as soon as he entered the league theybwere winning titles. Kobe's been swept before, injured before, missed playoff's before, lost in the finals before... He's seen all the good and the bad in the NBA

BigCityofDreams
05-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Kobe knows they will reload and will use the time to rest...played an extra seasons worth of playoff games the past 3 years, time to recharge the batteries...seemed like he was close to cracking when asked about phil, but maybe he knows something we dont..

over the next couple of seasons the Lakers fix the bench, upgrade at pg, and get D12 then Phil rides in on a white horse

dnewguy
05-10-2011, 09:07 AM
That man has 5 rings.

tbone2171
05-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Call out the players??

Kobe Bryant classy? Doh'K!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

smith&wesson
05-10-2011, 04:15 PM
he knows he will be back with a revamped roster next year.

Lim
05-10-2011, 08:30 PM
over the next couple of seasons the Lakers fix the bench, upgrade at pg, and get D12 then Phil rides in on a white horse

lol this. phil may be great but when **** gets bad he bolts quick. he knows its only gonna be downhill from here hence why hes quitting AGAIN. wouldn't be surprised if he comes back to the lake show when they are revamped again

jrm2054
05-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I am shocked he didn't flip

dodie53
05-10-2011, 11:28 PM
no surpirse there.

he's been in that situation before