PDA

View Full Version : Gasol/Randolph= sloppiest big man duo in the history of basketball

soonabooma
05-09-2011, 11:54 PM
sorry, but it's true. They get way too much lucky crap to fall. Oh well, some people are blessed and they obviously are. They don't even see the rim and it still goes in. That kinda stinks.

:facepalm:

FriedTofuz
05-09-2011, 11:55 PM
people will have bad games and at times, will look sloppy, but that doesnt mean they are the absolute worse duo in history. Have you seen every single duo in history to make this statement?

210Don
05-09-2011, 11:57 PM
lol @ this... wow grizz starting to get hate they play the way the game is supposed to be played .

i dont get the facepalm

soonabooma
05-09-2011, 11:58 PM
I've seen enough clueless, sloppy, flukey, no look hook shots from them to realize that God is helping them make shots. Sorry, but it's true. They're not as skilled as people think. When they start putting in shots where they actually look at the goal, then I'll say they're good. Until then, I say they're lucky.

210Don
05-09-2011, 11:59 PM
lol @ god helping them they beat my spurs but i aint complaining bro they take great shots and play great defense

King Koopa
05-10-2011, 12:03 AM
lol is this fan mad?

MrfadeawayJB
05-10-2011, 12:03 AM
I've seen enough clueless, sloppy, flukey, no look hook shots from them to realize that God is helping them make shots. Sorry, but it's true. They're not as skilled as people think. When they start putting in shots where they actually look at the goal, then I'll say they're good. Until then, I say they're lucky.

Its not luck if it repeatedly happens all the time :facepalm:

soonabooma
05-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Memphis is a bad team. I'm just saying, a lot of junk goes in, and a lot of loose balls always seem to find their way into their hands. You can't deny that there is a luck factor in sports. And right now, I think they have some on their side.

210Don
05-10-2011, 12:06 AM
nope its not luck when it repeatedly happens that skill and or effort...

MrfadeawayJB
05-10-2011, 12:12 AM
nope its not luck when it repeatedly happens that skill and or effort...

+ 1

people dont see memphis play much but those shots z-bo and marc make i have seen thousands of times

Sadds The Gr8
05-10-2011, 12:13 AM
lol is this fan mad?

yup HE MAD

Rego247
05-10-2011, 12:14 AM
sorry, but it's true. They get way too much lucky crap to fall. Oh well, some people are blessed and they obviously are. They don't even see the rim and it still goes in. That kinda stinks.

cool story bro.

mjt20mik
05-10-2011, 12:19 AM

Isn't that cute.

GiantsSwaGG
05-10-2011, 12:22 AM

Don't hate dude lmao

tescu
05-10-2011, 12:22 AM

I disagree with your statement. I am not a "fan" of the Memphis Grizzlies, but I am an avid basketball fan who appreciates good talent when I see it. Zach Randolph has some of the best low post footwork for a PF/C in the NBA. Much like Al Jefferson makes weird looking shots, they go in. And they have for years as he's averaged 17.6 over his career.
When you say "sloppiest big man duo in the history of basketball", I indeed have to :facepalm:

Eagles4Lyfe
05-10-2011, 12:26 AM
people will have bad games and at times, will look sloppy, but that doesnt mean they are the absolute worse dou in history. Have you seen every single dou in history to make this statement?

Whats a dou??

llemon
05-10-2011, 12:27 AM

soona, that is truly on of the most stupid posts I have ever read.

Tanakid777
05-10-2011, 12:40 AM
one's an accident, two's a trend, and 1 and a half series' worth is skill. Stop hating

soonabooma
05-10-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm just saying, have you ever seen two guys that flip more shots over their head without even looking at the goal, and get it to fall? Come on now, don't act like you don't see it too.

Kyben36
05-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Gasol, NO, Randolph yes

soonabooma
05-10-2011, 01:00 AM
If they had a vertical leap contest, would it just be a draw? I mean, neither one of em can get their feet off the ground. We'll add Kendrick Perkins to the mix and just call it a three way tie.

king4day
05-10-2011, 10:05 AM
When you start calling a style that works luck, then it becomes more a jealousy thing. I felt that way about Dirk. I learned to accept his fading hand-in-the-face shot is his game and it works for him.

Mile High Champ
05-10-2011, 10:10 AM
How can anyone insult the Memphis front court at this point? I simply don't get it. Gasol and Randolph have done so much already this post season and a thread like this emerges. Come on man, show some respect to a great duo.

Big Quett
05-10-2011, 10:16 AM
When you start calling a style that works luck, then it becomes more a jealousy thing. I felt that way about Dirk. I learned to accept his fading hand-in-the-face shot is his game and it works for him.

i used to say the same thing. it looks like almost every shot Dirk takes is bad. but u realize if he keeps hitting it that is just the way he shoots. And it is the same thing for Zach and Marc. its just people dont see them enough to know that its just what they do

Da Knicks
05-10-2011, 10:21 AM
He mad!

ttam68
05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
You can't call it luck when they've been doing it all year. Maybe they're actually good at hooks and putbacks?

PhillyFaninLA
05-10-2011, 10:45 AM

Its funny how good and great players get lucky a lot. It seems like Kobe has been lucky more times then Pepe Sanchez during a basketball and Gasol and Randolph get luckier on a basketball court then us posters do.

Darn their luck.

If they are blessed its with skill not luck. They are working there butts off in the playoffs and that have talent and athleticism that most people don't have, I think that is more of a factor then luck.

fadedmario
05-10-2011, 11:13 AM
lol at this thread - pathetic

Sly Guy
05-10-2011, 11:22 AM
2 points is 2 points. Doesn't have to be pretty to be good.

Patman
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Randolph has great touch around the Rim and is pretty strong, this allows him to finish hard shots around the basket. And those guys work on those shots all the time, it's not like they are just taking shots they aren't used to. Same with Dirk, his fadeway turnaroud off one leg Shot just looks ridiculous, but he just has it down to perfection. He knows most players can't really get to that shot.

KingPosey
05-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I love when Gasol finally got the ball late in the game, but he didnt establish any position, so he tried a drop step spin move from about 15 feet and Ibaka turned his his weak shot attempt around. It was so slow and predictable lol.

tyfreaks brotha
05-10-2011, 11:45 AM

OKC fan? I think so...

NJBASEBALL22
05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I thought the OP was talking about "sloppy" as in their looks and the fact that ZBo has c-cups... In that case I would agree he is sloppy but there have been much "sloppier" frontcourt combos.

Gilly1254
05-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Give credit where credit is due and stop hating.

koreancabbage
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
this fan is mad, but you can't fluke in 30+ points. come on
You have to blame the lack of defence by Perkins and Ibaka. THEY SUCK!

Perkins is not showing the reason he is the reason why Boston lost to the Lakers last year. with the way he is playing right now, I'm sure the Lakers would have still won it.

Jaji
05-10-2011, 01:05 PM
:confused:

Hangtime
05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Randolph is old school. Strong, gets position, and gets his shot up. Very hard to defend because he is physical with the defender. It's ugly and scrappy basketball but that's his style, it's not luck.

DMasta718
05-10-2011, 01:23 PM
a lot of loose balls always seem to find their way into their hands.

It's called hustling which Memphis does well.

smith&wesson
05-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Arujo was the sloppiest big man ever.

ManRam
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
No source to spark this discussion, and a discussion that hasn't lead anywhere.

Closed