PDA

View Full Version : Can the Lakers Afford to Not trade Pau in the offseason?

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Ok, heres the situation, his offseason has been one of the crappiest by an allstar selecion on the same seson, maybe EVER.

Thats not the point.

It also isnt the point that whatever is bothering him ( as long as is Physical for being tired or injured or Mental , the "dumped by girl " thing)
wont be there after the summer so he can and WILL simply come back and put up his 18 to 20 ppg and his 10 to 12 Rpg with 5 assists.

During this series "laker" fans have put ALL the blame on pau on losing ( wich is ironic because when in previous seasons he was leadinf the team in WS and Per and winning championships with great Finals and playoff performances NO ONE credited him and "laker" fans were crditing only kobe and pau as a "nice Role playing complementary Piece)

For some odd reason it seems that everything is Paus Fault:

artest loses his grip and gets suspended in the mid of the series? Paus fault

team goes 1-22 in 3pointers in a game ? Paus fault

Terry torches kobe? paus fault

Fisher cant deffend a 90 year old grandmother on a wheelchair? Paus fault

Bynum gets 6 points and 4 rebounds in game 4 and acts like a thug and gets ejected'? Paus fault.

Dirk gets 30 points ? Paus fault ( well this is partially right)
Kobe takes a lot of bad shots in a game and they lose?^Paus fault

Phil does blow a 16 point slead by letting the bench too long in the quearter ? Paus fault

Every time dirk drives in Both KOBE and FISHER forget bout their man and go to "help" and leave Peja and Jason OCMPLETELY UNGUARDED to receive the pass and make the long shot or 3p? Paus fault.

I think they also blame pau for:

-Killing Marylin
-Titanic sinking.
-Pearl harbour-
_White chapel murders.
-Hitler winning elections.
-Buryg jimmy hoffa.
-Shoting down Miss Earthearts Plane.
-Panama Incident.
-Missile crisis with Cuba.
-Jfk Murder-
-Beatles Breaking up.
-Buddy Holly, Valens and Boppers plane crash.
- oil crisis ( the three of them)
-Hidding Saddams weapons under his beard.
- hidding Osama in his bedroom.
-Japans Tsunami
-tian am men chinese govt fiasco
-katrina.
-St andrews and Cali earthquaques ( all of them)
- Killing Bamby
-Stealing Christmas with his head painted in Green.

Yes its ALL Paus fault it seems.

Of course you know what the best thing to do when you are 0-1?

boo the player that people thinks is Soft and Soft mentally every time he touches the ball since the first minute and give him hell at every little mistake, way to build his confidence!!!

thats what STAPLES was doing in game two.

"laker" fans needed an scapegoat and they found One.

well now if he does not get tradeed he is facing a FULL 41 games season of his "own" homecrowd booing him, trashing him up, harrashing him, badnouthing him in the media etc etc.

No One EVER could bear that kind of presure, not Pau , Not Kobe not even FRIGGIN Michael Jordan woudl be able to bear that.

Add that it certanly must be happening something INSIDE the locker room, some beef most probably with BYNUM not Kobe ( altough not ocmpletely imposible that the thing is between pau and HIm).
And PHIL is not going to be back to play Zen Psychiatrist.

so, ill repeat the posts question.

Can the lakers afford to NOT trade pau?

TheHoopsProphet
05-09-2011, 01:12 AM
I get the feeling Pau wants to be traded, and as long as he is there, theres going to be bad blood in the locker-room (even though its not entirely his fault). At the same time, Pau getting traded might destroy the locker-room, and be incredulous of Colby's leadership. There's nothing Lakers can do, yet changed are being called out by former legends and the fanbase. Which can only mean one thing: bye bye Bynum.

Its too bad my favorite Laker (aside from colby of course) will have to be the scapegoat even though he is the only one who showed heart. I am in the minority that appreciate his foul on JJ Barea, because it showed that he was actually frustrated and emotionally invested in the game.

Lakers can afford to keep Pau, but they probably can't afford to keep the team as is without some significant changes.

For the record, I feel all we need is a young, athletic bench.

something like

pg - Farmar
sg - Sasha
sf - Ariza
pf - Odom
c - doesnt really matter, as long as big and healthy.

oh...wait

TheHoopsProphet
05-09-2011, 01:12 AM
I get the feeling Pau wants to be traded, and as long as he is there, theres going to be bad blood in the locker-room (even though its not entirely his fault). At the same time, Pau getting traded might destroy the locker-room, and be incredulous of Colby's leadership. There's nothing Lakers can do, yet changed are being called out by former legends and the fanbase. Which can only mean one thing: bye bye Bynum.

Its too bad my favorite Laker (aside from colby of course) will have to be the scapegoat even though he is the only one who showed heart. I am in the minority that appreciate his foul on JJ Barea, because it showed that he was actually frustrated and emotionally invested in the game.

Lakers can afford to keep Pau, but they probably can't afford to keep the team as is without some significant changes.

something like

pg - Farmar
sg - Sasha
sf - Ariza
pf - Odom

oh...wait

edit; double post, my comp's spaghetti sauce all over keyboard, sorry.

GoatMilk
05-09-2011, 01:16 AM
sorry, but Pau looked pathetic
not all his fault, but if he played the 2nd best player is supposed to play, this series is still going on

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 01:17 AM

something like

pg - Farmar
sg - Sasha
sf - Ariza
pf - Odom

oh...wait

wouldnt you?

SportsFanatic10
05-09-2011, 01:17 AM
they should see if the grizzlies would trade marc back to them for pau lol

in all seriousness though i think pau will be ok hes a much better player than he showed this postseason. even just last year i think he should of been finals mvp.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 01:18 AM
sorry, but Pau looked pathetic
not all his fault, but if he played the 2nd best player is supposed to play, this series is still going on

what part of "his offseason has been one of the crappiest by an allstar selecion on the same seson, maybe EVER."

does not fit to you?

thats not what is being discussed here

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 01:19 AM

in all seriousness though i think pau will be ok hes a much better player than he showed this postseason. even just last year i think he should of been finals mvp.

Something tells me thats part of the problem.

he got fed up of NEVER being given teh credit no matter what he did.

SportsFanatic10
05-09-2011, 01:21 AM
^ yeah if thats the case then he'll probably have to go. hard to explain what happened to him this postseason thats for sure.

GoatMilk
05-09-2011, 01:22 AM
what part of "his offseason has been one of the crappiest by an allstar selecion on the same seson, maybe EVER."

does not fit to you?

thats not what is being discussed here

because you then start saying a bunch of random stuff
cant defend the 3, fish cant guard anyone, kobe missing shots, all pau's fault.....i understand you're trying to make a point

i understand you admit he had a rough postseason
to me it looks like you're saying it's beyond him. he was poor, but laker fans should stop blaming JUST him, or stop putting so much blame on him and look at the others

thats fair. but he does deserve more blame than the others. he's the lakers 2nd best player

TheHoopsProphet
05-09-2011, 01:26 AM
wouldnt you?

Yes I would. To play for a fanbase that overlooks my de facto finals mvp 2010 series, yet boos at me the moment I play a bad game (how come no one booed colby for his 6-24 effort?) I would feel very underappreciative.

I only have two dreams crooner, to one day rest my head into the bosoms of Scarlett Johanson instead of my dirty pillow next to my dirty dog, and to play alongside colby captain crunch time bryant for a championship run. but i can sympathize with gasol, hes not a me first player, and he has the lamar odom mentallity (talented, but prefers to stay out of spotlight).

So I wouldnt hate him if he asked to be traded, and I would actually miss him. If he plays for another team, i will cheer for him so long as he doesnt play against Lakers. But I am a laker fan first, and a gasol fan second.

Perhaps gasol needs to go to a fanbase that would appreciate him more (Chicago or Portland or...Memphis). I would prefer Bynum over Gasol to be honest, but if lakers actually try and get dwight, its bynum who has to go. And i think gasol playing third fiddle to colby and howard would help him and team tremendously. IDK, i just know that gasol can't stay a laker as second-option next year, or team will implode.

uprightciti
05-09-2011, 01:30 AM
Wow lakers fans really turn on there guys fast
Faster than knicks fans
Pau is the reason u guys won last year this year he is a tradeable asset
May the laker decline begin....now!

Mwhahahahah

goblazers7
05-09-2011, 01:34 AM
teribel GRamir butt Teh l*kers ned to traed pua Gassol fer a pont Gaurd

NYK4L
05-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Faster than knicks fans

Mwhahahahah

lol:D

trade pau? if howard comes back in that trade, hey who wouldn't.

YoungOne
05-09-2011, 01:50 AM
who would want to trade for gasol ??

nickdymez
05-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I guess none of you people saw how ****** that man just played... People still blaming Kobe, the only one that looked like he wanted to win

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 02:07 AM
I guess none of you people saw how ****** that man just played... People still blaming Kobe, the only one that looked like he wanted to win

did he ? really?

8-39 shots made in 4th quarters?

nickdymez
05-09-2011, 02:09 AM
did he ? really?

So thats the reason pau played the way he did? So Kobe shouldnt have taken any shots in the 4th? Wait a minute, your that guy that hates everything Kobe does... Nevermind

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 02:14 AM
So thats the reason pau played the way he did? So Kobe shouldnt have taken any shots in the 4th? Wait a minute, your that guy that hates everything Kobe does... Nevermind

the whole team and organication sucked big time, starting with our coach, and not to mention our OWNEr who forced mitch to trade shasha for NOTHING just to save some dollars and didnt resign farmar just for dollars or our Gm that allowed bibby or peja to sign ****** deals somwhere else without even give a look out there..

Bynum was the only onw that was goign to go out withouth his share of blame until he made this fantastic 6 points 5 rebounds game and decided to act like a thug and embarras the franchise with an agressionon barea and throwign our teams JERSEY to the floor.

jerellh528
05-09-2011, 02:16 AM
did he ? really?

theres no doubt he looked like the only one trying to win, besides fish and bynum.
pau just plain sucked, even if his gf dumped him, thats the lamest excuse ive ever heard out of an athlete for poor performance.

jerellh528
05-09-2011, 02:17 AM
the whole team and organication sucked big time, starting with our coach, and not to mention our OWNEr who forced mitch to trade shasha for NOTHING just to save some dollars and didnt resign farmar just for dollars or our Gm that allowed bibby or peja to sign ****** deals somwhere else without even give a look out there..

Bynum was the only onw that was goign to go out withouth his share of blame until he made this fantastic 6 points 5 rebounds game and decided to act like a thug and embarras the franchise with an agressionon barea and throwign our teams JERSEY to the floor.

dont talk about dr.buss like that lol.

meloman1592
05-09-2011, 02:23 AM
I thought knicks fans turned on their players quick. Sheesh

Baller1
05-09-2011, 02:31 AM
It was a collective effort by the team. They all played terrible, and they were coached terribly at times.

The blame can't be pointed to one player for that epic collapse. Except maybe Bynum for that punk *** play against Barea.

Master Mind
05-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Pau or Bynum will be traded no doubt about it...

Law25
05-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Let me get this right. I get an infraction for calling crooners b.s yet he start threads like these. First off we lost 08 because Pau didnt play up to potential. Then we won 08 with no major contribution from him. Then we win in 09 and he has one great game 7 and an ok series. I for one loves Pau's game but i will not overstate what he gave as an Laker. Crooner loves Pau so much its sicking. If it was Bosh and not Gasol would he give Bosh the same credit no he's not spanish. The only reason Lakers fans are pist at Gasol is because he gave zero effort since December, and was an no show in the playoffs. To me he's self as hell. With his performace he said **** Phils last run, **** the Lakers organization, **** his teammates, **** the uniform, and **** the fans, so for now **** him. He tanked this year thers no getting around it. Dont let crooner suck you in with an Pau pity party.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Let me get this right. I get an infraction for calling crooners b.s yet he start threads like these. First off we lost 08 because Pau didnt play up to potential. Then we won 08 with no major contribution from him. Then we win in 09 and he has one great game 7 and an ok series. I for one loves Pau's game but i will not overstate what he gave as an Laker. Crooner loves Pau so much its sicking. If it was Bosh and not Gasol would he give Bosh the same credit no he's not spanish. The only reason Lakers fans are pist at Gasol is because he gave zero effort since December, and was an no show in the playoffs. To me he's self as hell. With his performace he said **** Phils last run, **** the Lakers organization, **** his teammates, **** the uniform, and **** the fans, so for now **** him. He tanked this year thers no getting around it. Dont let crooner suck you in with an Pau pity party.

Ladies and Gentleman.

here we have a PERFECT example of why i opened the thread.
And explains how the situation has become.

and WHY it is that is Highly probable that PAU is fed up of **** and wants out.

GspLAL
05-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Faster than knicks fans

Mwhahahahah

how do you not want to trade him after he gives up on the team? Plus what's wrong with improving your team? If we get Howard for him we'll be a better team, along with fixing our bench.

juggla53
05-09-2011, 03:16 AM
trade pau to whom and for what? none of the rebuilding/younger teams in the leauge are going to want to give up young players for a good but expensive 30 year old forward who is view'd as a second option on a playoff team, and i certainly dont see LA tradeing pau to another contender where he could burn them in the future

Lakerhead4ever
05-09-2011, 03:22 AM
even though im not happy my team isnt in the playoffs, its bitter sweet bcuz now kobe can get rest. he was playing hurt the whole season. rest will do his body good.

and i hope they dnt trade pau, he was obviously worn down for whatever reeason

but maybe bynum for howard? and some bench players!

plus a new offense without phil! how exciting !!

Big Quett
05-09-2011, 03:26 AM

i thought i was the only one who thought that

arkanian215
05-09-2011, 03:42 AM
He was plain terrible during the playoffs. It was his fault they got swept.

For some odd reason it seems that everything is Paus Fault:

artest loses his grip and gets suspended in the mid of the series? Paus fault

team goes 1-22 in 3pointers in a game ? Paus fault

Terry torches kobe? paus fault

Fisher cant deffend a 90 year old grandmother on a wheelchair? Paus fault

Bynum gets 6 points and 4 rebounds in game 4 and acts like a thug and gets ejected'? Paus fault.

Dirk gets 30 points ? Paus fault ( well this is partially right)
Kobe takes a lot of bad shots in a game and they lose?^Paus fault

Phil does blow a 16 point slead by letting the bench too long in the quearter ? Paus fault
Most of those excuses are all for one game except for the last one. It was Pau's fault for dropping off so much from his typical production during the Lakers-Mavs series.

Frankly, they were lucky to get out of the first round the way he played. 42.2% from the field isn't good enough when you're supposed to be the second scoring option the team. I don't care if he was hurt or sick or mental. He didn't show up for the playoffs.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-09-2011, 05:12 AM
keep kobe and bynum and trade everyone else

Knickrocketsfan
05-09-2011, 06:37 AM
lakers would be stupid to trade him. SO he didnt feel like playing who care. I would gladly take him on the knicks. He had an off playoff obv something else was on his mind.But he is still top 3 Pf in the lg

FarOutIos
05-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I thought knicks fans turned on their players quick. Sheesh

Not sure who gives up quicker... the fans... or the coach? Once they start playing bad, Phil is out. Figures... when the going gets tough... Phil retires.

strokeman
05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
this is Pau last year in LA, i know Kobe is sick of his softness! you can see from the interview after GM4 that Kobe is being a pro and saying all the right things in regards to his teammates overreacting and committing dangerous fouls.
Bynum upped his value during the playoffs so only why he is traded is if LA can get D12 in exchange.
the only member that is untouchable is Kobe. everyone is on the block!

strokeman
05-09-2011, 08:07 AM
lakers would be stupid to trade him. SO he didnt feel like playing who care. I would gladly take him on the knicks. He had an off playoff obv something else was on his mind.But he is still top 3 Pf in the lg

please lets do this, Pau for Studamira!
:facepalm:

JordansBulls
05-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Pau for Boozer. Get it done.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Pau for Boozer. Get it done.

I want to believe We are not THAT STUPID ....but seeing how things are developin who knows....

mfb_lt1birdman
05-09-2011, 08:50 AM
I was bagging on Gasol plenty this post season. He straight up sucked. He played with minimal effort and just did not seem to give a hoot about the game. It seems obvious something broke down between these players, and based on performance, Pau is right in the middle of it. One way or another it needs to be sorted out prior to going forward.

I as a Laker fan do not want Pau out. I am grateful for his performance the past few years as we was instrumental to our success. But his lack of production is a major reason that the Lakers are done. If this is a sign of things to come from him, then its time to cut ties and gets some good players for him.

As for the boos, by and large Laker fans are very fickle. A good game or two to open the season next year and Staples will be cheering Pau on again. The big question is if Pau still wants to be a Laker and has the mental toughness to bounce back.

BigCityofDreams
05-09-2011, 08:55 AM

I should have you talk to my friend he feels Kobe didn't do enough in game 4 because he only had 17 points on 18 shots.

Knickrocketsfan
05-09-2011, 09:13 AM
please lets do this, Pau for Studamira!
:facepalm:

i dnt get where ur going with this. i never said to trade stat for gasol. So, yea.

yanksknicks
05-09-2011, 09:26 AM
who would want to trade for gasol ??

Gasol plus a #1 in 2012 for Stoudemire

yanksknicks
05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
keep kobe and bynum and trade everyone else

Who'd want that?

Other than Gasol -- they have horrid contracts.

FOBolous
05-09-2011, 09:37 AM
for all the talk about players needing to be loyal to the team (Lebron James leaving Cleveland to go to Miami), i think teams need to be loyal to their players...especially players like Pau Gasol who's given so much to the team (2 championships anyone?) yea he has his faults but who doesn't? Kobe ballhogs. Bynum underperforms. Odom can't score consistently. Artest is steaky. Fisher is old. Bosh disappears. Wade and Lebron don't have range. the list goes on.

JDMVP
05-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey if its a deal that would make us better and YOUNGER why not? I respect him a lot, no question this guy is one the best players in the world but right now we need a change. This league is becoming a fast pg league and whole lot of young athletic players. If we could get those for PAU why not?

Trace
05-09-2011, 09:59 AM
It's just fan hysteria. He's not going anywhere unless there was actually some tension in the locker room (i.e the rumors about his fiancée)

JDMVP
05-09-2011, 10:01 AM
For me its a question of, If the Lakers can get better and a lot younger by trading him why not? lets face it there is no way LA is trading KOBE,Fish and Drew. Aside from these 3 Pau Gasol is the only one player that really has a value. It's not a secret this team needs a change.

albertc86
05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
The Lakers need to decide now if Bynum is the future of the franchise. Even though Kobe didn't play particularly well, he is still the focal point of the team, and they should continue to build around him for another couple years. If the Lakers can package Pau and another bench player for a good return then they should do it. One thing is for sure, they need to build a more athletic team.

ManRam
05-09-2011, 10:18 AM
There are very few players that you can trade Pau for and get better. He was great all year. Yes, he fell apart in the playoffs, but the Lakers can't be prisoners of the moment here. They know he is an all-star caliber player, and they know he can perform in the playoffs.

He is probably the only player with value besides Drew, so if they make a splash, he might have to go. But again, I'm not sure who they can get that is better.

Tarheels23
05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Pau is the softest player in the NBA. Many people annointed him tough because the Lakers won and because he screams like a girl everytime he touches the ball. I think the Lakers need to get rid of both Artest and Gasol if possible.

king4day
05-09-2011, 10:31 AM
If LA can move Bynum and change for Howard and change but keeping Fisher, Kobe, and Pau, then all of Gasols weaknesses will be overlooked thanks to Howard.

No matter how you look at it, Gasol is still a top 5 PF in the league today and just ran into a bad matchup. He's proven what he could do before.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 10:34 AM
i guarantee you that there are 29 franchises out there making numbers to see if they can Rip off the Lakers for Pau right now taking advantage of the L.A Fans and media Alienation with him and the possible Locker room trouble.

Lindystud36
05-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Pau Gasol - Luke Walton -
Traded For
Andre Igouldala and Elton Brand

Artest - Blake - Pick Traded for Rubio

Rip Hamilton bought out and signs for Vet Min

Lakers up for 2 more Ships

leftymo
05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Lakers could use more stars. Look around...

The title contenders have MULTIPLE allstars on it... heck the Mavs had an allstar out!

Lakers can't compete with these teams with Kobe and a star who doesn't show up.

They'll need more firepower, former or present allstars. Don't trade Pau, but they do need more speed on the perimeter.

Blake & Barnes were huge disappointments, and Brown played for November & December and that's about it.

flclfanman
05-09-2011, 10:41 AM
You didn't know about this Hellcrooner? Classic Kobetard reasoning.

When they win, despite major contributions from Odom and Pau; it was all Kobe, Gasol's a nice "piece".

When they lose, treat Gasol like he's Mike Vick in a dog pound.

If you clowns don't want him my Bulls will sure AS HELL take him.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
I was one of the people against trading Pau.

But, after watching game 4...IDK.

If I were the Lakers GM...I would do anything to trade for Howard...even if that meant trading Pau AND Bynum...plus picks.

magichatnumber9
05-09-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't want to dive to deep into this but no they shouldn't trade Gasol. Guy was probably injured so I'm going to leave it at that.

SP17
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
LOL..watch some laker games dude..

Pau was awful this playoffs..He shot poorly for a big and average 14/8? He needs to do more than that as our 2nd option and I bet if he played like the pau we know the series is still going on.. I still like pau to remain with us and trade Bynum instead but who knows.

SP17
05-09-2011, 11:00 AM
I still love pau and hope we can land an upgrade by trading bynum instead..

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2011, 11:01 AM
he's not gonna get traded.

Lo Porto
05-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Trading Pau would be stupid. He was the addition that led to the 2 titles. He didn't play great this offseason, but he also was thrown off by the Lakers forcing the ball to Bynum more. For the two titles, most everything in the post ran off of Gasol who can pass, shoot and post. Bynum was an extra bonus to Gasol's post, but Bynum didn't play massive minutes last post season. This year, LA tried to balance the posting of the two and it just didn't work.

I'm not saying that LA needs to trade Bynum, but I trading Gasol would be a dumb move by LA.

Crackadalic
05-09-2011, 11:05 AM
They need a bench and get younger. Pau isnt going anywhere

SP17
05-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Trading Pau would be stupid. He was the addition that led to the 2 titles. He didn't play great this offseason, but he also was thrown off by the Lakers forcing the ball to Bynum more. For the two titles, most everything in the post ran off of Gasol who can pass, shoot and post. Bynum was an extra bonus to Gasol's post, but Bynum didn't play massive minutes last post season. This year, LA tried to balance the posting of the two and it just didn't work.

I'm not saying that LA needs to trade Bynum, but I trading Gasol would be a dumb move by LA.

I agree with everything you said..I also want to keep pau.. I really think he just played awful this postseason..his fg% was low because of the shots he took.. I think he will bounce back..

ne3xchamps
05-09-2011, 11:12 AM
another laker thread. sky is falling, we didn't win the championship! PANIC!!!

fadedmario
05-09-2011, 11:15 AM
lol - Who would want Pau? Seriously?

SP17
05-09-2011, 11:37 AM
and you know what? this threads are not started by laker fans..lol

Gibby23
05-09-2011, 11:38 AM

I don't want to trade him, but he is only 30. The Bulls, Thunder, Hawks, and Sixers would all be better with Pau. The Thunder make the most sense if they don't have to give up Westbrook. Something like Harden, Ibaka, and filler.

Westbrook
Tabo
Durant
Gasol
Perkins

That is a legit chanpionship team with inside scoring and a defensive center next to Gasol, a top 5 player in Durant (better than Kobe) and a top 5 PG.

SP17
05-09-2011, 11:38 AM
a lot of teams.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 11:41 AM

your team just to start with..... but im guessing Lakers dont want any piece of Charlie V or Gordon or anything of the like.

sep11ie
05-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Crooner, your man love for Pau is sickining.

Back on topic. No they shouldn't trade him now. That'd be considered selling low. Smart teams don't do that.

P.S. Saddam didn't have a beard.

RaiderLakersA's
05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
This is going to be a fun offseason for the Lakers. What becomes of our players depends on who we hire as our head coach. I think Pau would factor into most HC candidates game philosophy. Sure, Pau was off this series, but more often than not, he's been the right man for the job. He's not THE reason why the Lakers were swept.

Of course if Dwight Howard, or a comparable superstar, makes a back channel push to join the Lakers in 2011-2012 season, I think Pau is probably the only piece that the Lakers could offer that would make a trade happen. Far fetched.

Tarheels23
05-09-2011, 12:40 PM
i guarantee you that there are 29 franchises out there making numbers to see if they can Rip off the Lakers for Pau right now taking advantage of the L.A Fans and media Alienation with him and the possible Locker room trouble.

Yes Im sure every team is drooling at the opportunity to give up young talent/draft picks to pay the softest player in the NBA $55M+ over the next 3 years

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Crooner, your man love for Pau is sickining.

Back on topic. No they shouldn't trade him now. That'd be considered selling low. Smart teams don't do that.

P.S. Saddam didn't have a beard.

pau gasol does, read the sentence again.

but you are wrong either way http://iarnoticias.com/images/personajes/5_saddam_hussein.jpg:D

mgsports
05-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Him for Howard.

zB_#85
05-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Lakers need:

1. Kobe to get healthy and get in better shape during the offseason. This is the tricky thing, in order to get healthy he needs rest. In order to get in better shape, he can't rest. If he can somehow put in some decent offseason strength & conditioning work while still regaining health he'll return to form for another year or two. If I were LA I'd consider fabricating some injury for him to miss the 1st month of the season to give him extra time to balance these health & conditioning issues.

2. Fisher to retire, or the new coach to cut his minutes. I hate to say this because of all he's done for us and all he still does as a leader, but he isn't a starting PG anymore. Probably hasn't been for a year or two now. IMO Shannon Brown needs to be starting PG, if we keep the triangle with Brian Shaw like anticipated, we don't need a prototypical PG and I actually like Shannon as a starter (I might be in the minority here).

3. Artest & Odom to come off the bench. There's just not enough to go around anymore. Artest has a hard time fitting in with the team b/c he's used to being a higher scoring option. If he comes in with Odom off the bench, it will not only help our bench production but also get him rolling a little easier. He won't have to fight Pau & Kobe for touches and his comfortability will go up and hopefully he'll be able to carry that down the stretch to close games.

Starting lineup: Brown / Bryant / Barnes / Pau / Bynum
Bench lineup: Blake / Fisher / Artest / Odom

Closing lineup: Fisher / Bryant / Artest / Odom / Pau
*maybe Pau / Bynum depending on matchups and who's having a better game.

To me, that would help our bench woes and chemistry issues at the same time.

Notice how trading Pau wasn't on that list. He should stay and everyone should wake up and realize the whole damn team sucked. Not just Pau.

ohreally
05-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Pau for Parker and Splitter. Splitter, Bynum, and Shannon Brown for Howard.

Lake_Show2416
05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I would only move Pau if thats the only way we can get Dwight, other then that he shouldnt be available & it would b stupid to give him up

KingPosey
05-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Up until like 2 weeks ago, everyone was calling Pau one of the best PFs in the game every time a thread came up about PFs and who is the best lol. God the PSD bandwagon gets full so quickly.

ohreally
05-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I would only move Pau if thats the only way we can get Dwight, other then that he shouldnt be available & it would b stupid to give him up

Well, if Pau gets lost next to Bynum what do you think he would do next to Howard?

I also don't see that either Bynum or Pau on their own would get Howard, and since there does seem to be some friction between the two you can't trade them together.

I guess if Howard was to say Lakers or nothing you might be able to get away cheap, but I don't see a one for one trade doing it. And outside of Bynum, Pau, Odom, and to a much lesser extent Artest, I don't see that there is much on the team to get back anything of real value.

You can't stay pat, because you're going in the wrong direction. You at least need a good point guard, even without considering your bench.

tonyd3b54
05-09-2011, 02:34 PM
i find it absolutely hilarious that no more than a year ago it was the lakers that were young and were going to be a championship contender for the next 5 years and that it was the celtics that were done. Now all anyone can talk about is how the lakers are done and breaking them up. its incredibly funny how things work out. I wouldnt expect dwight howard to save that franchise either. dwight wants to or should want to atleast go to a team that not only wants to win now but for several years. If he had any common sense he would see that a lakers team with kobe on his last legs is not the best option.

zB_#85
05-09-2011, 02:43 PM
i find it absolutely hilarious that no more than a year ago it was the lakers that were young and were going to be a championship contender for the next 5 years and that it was the celtics that were done. Now all anyone can talk about is how the lakers are done and breaking them up. its incredibly funny how things work out. I wouldnt expect dwight howard to save that franchise either. dwight wants to or should want to atleast go to a team that not only wants to win now but for several years. If he had any common sense he would see that a lakers team with kobe on his last legs is not the best option.

Kobe on his last leg is better than 80% of the players in the league. And 100% of the players Dwight is surrounded by in Orlando. The issue would be Kobe's willingness to take the #2 option and come to terms with his decline. As a Lakers fan, that is what I worry about whether Dwight comes to town or not.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 02:45 PM

kobe has enough legs to be howards SECOND option for three years.

guess what? after those years and some ring MASSIVE cap space and the Fa stars of that year waiting in line to be called up to play for lakers.

Like it has always been.

BigCityofDreams
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
kobe has enough legs to be howards SECOND option for three years.

guess what? after those years and some ring MASSIVE cap space and the Fa stars of that year waiting in line to be called up to play for lakers.

Like it has always been.

I don't think ppl understand that the Lakers will always do what they have to do when it comes to replacing stars. I think fans of other teams really want to see this club become a bottom feeder for the next few seasons. I can't sit here and say they will definitely win next yr but there is no way they slip to the bottom of the league.

Hellcrooner
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't think ppl understand that the Lakers will always do what they have to do when it comes to replacing stars. I think fans of other teams really want to see this club become a bottom feeder for the next few seasons. I can't sit here and say they will definitely win next yr but there is no way they slip to the bottom of the league.

Nah we will do as i told, Get a star Now ( deron or Howard or cp3) then wait until KObe expires wining some ring in the middle and then use the massive cap space.

B) scenario Trading kobe in his expiring year for a star and "bad Contracts" with an agreement that the team that gets kobe buys him out to join back the team.

JordansBulls
05-09-2011, 03:11 PM

Also Dwight should want to go somewhere where he can put a franchise over the top that hasn't won anything in years, not a franchise that is used to winning.

Frezhnitz
05-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Trade his ***. Hes too soft.

VikesTwinsWolve
05-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Also Dwight should want to go somewhere where he can put a franchise over the top that hasn't won anything in years, not a franchise that is used to winning.

I get what your saying but Chicago<Orlando. Although every knicks fan and bulls fan think he should push there team over the top!

wealthydrew
05-09-2011, 03:31 PM
Pau, Kobe and Fisher. They are the only 3 players you dont trade. You try and sell a Bynum for Howard swap. Especially if Howard pulls a Carmelo (which would help). If Orlando refuses to trade straight u include Lamars expiring contract for Hedo. DO NOT TAKE ARENAS. Than you pray someone will take Artest off your hands for a good young pg or for Trevor Ariza. Now you got a squad that has youth talent and veterano-s. Bynum needs to go, and Pau needs to rest and get himself a hot Spanish woman. :)

KingPosey
05-09-2011, 05:12 PM
^
You get rid of Fisher for sure.

wealthydrew
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
^ He's done to much for the team (orlando series), and who is a better pg off the bench, hes got 1 or 2 years left on his contract with 1 being player option, deserves to retire a Laker, and he can help a young pg learn the game. Unfortunatly though, I think we are going to be stuck with blake and the point guard issue wont be able to be addressed this offseason. Blakes contract is guaranteed for the next 3 years at 4 million a year. For now lets push for a Dwight for Bynum trade. Going to need Dwights help though. If we have a team with Kobe, Dwight, Pau we can sell the Lakers to a Young Talented PG at end of next seaon ex. CP3. I mean we do need the next Magic at some point. We can use the team option to let go of odom and get a pg to the team with the money saved from his, luke, shannon, & barnes contracts. Than Lakers have to start using draft picks wisely. We pass the Celtics for all time titles and are forever the greatest franchise in American sports! We have more parades, but NO MORE RIOTS PLEASE! and we live happily ever after.

Jewelz0376
05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
I def want Pau gone, but only if it involves getting decent value back..I don't want the Lakers to just give him away..

legend33
05-09-2011, 06:19 PM
bynum and gasol for howard...

dtmagnet
05-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Gasol for Bosh swap.

hype707
05-09-2011, 06:54 PM
trading Gasol is a great idea.... trade him for Blake Griffen .......