PDA

View Full Version : Bennett Salvatore background?

JB0B0
05-08-2011, 11:45 PM
"In 2000, he was sentenced to a year of probation, 150 hours of community service and a fine of $500 for his role in airline ticket fraud. He pleaded guilty in a New Haven federal court on July 26, 2000 to filing a false tax return with the Internal Revenue Service for the tax year 1993."

Does the NBA conduct background checks when hiring officials? :facepalm:

justinnum1
05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
kcjhoop
Official Bennett Salvatore, via pool reporter: "Having watched the replay after, it was a foul and I should've called it. I made a mistake.

Canterbury
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Just stop.

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2011, 11:49 PM
lol

sargon21
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
never thought I'd see this title for a thread lol

JB0B0
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Well too late now. I still don't see how he qualifies for such an important position.

jetsforever
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't think that has much to do with the mistake.

And I'm sure they know and don't care :shrug:.

JB0B0
05-08-2011, 11:56 PM

How so? He's obviously lacking in the integrity department so I don't see why that wouldn't translate to his officiating.

DaBear
05-08-2011, 11:58 PM

Of course not! There's not a lot at stake here...:laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
05-09-2011, 12:04 AM
damn nba refs...such and easy job an they seemingly never fail to screw it up :rolleyes:

gotoHcarolina52
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
"In 2000, he was sentenced to a year of probation, 150 hours of community service and a fine of $500 for his role in airline ticket fraud. He pleaded guilty in a New Haven federal court on July 26, 2000 to filing a false tax return with the Internal Revenue Service for the tax year 1993."

Does the NBA conduct background checks when hiring officials? :facepalm:

Why can't we all just get along (http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1112/nba_g_salvatore3_300.jpg)?

LeonFSU
05-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Of course they checked his background. That's why they hired him.

NetsPaint
05-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Can anyone make a Bennett Salvatore background for me?

JB0B0
05-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Bennett Salvatore could be the next Steve Bartman if the Bulls go on to lose the series lol

JordansBulls
05-09-2011, 01:22 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620

Need the home team to win a big game? Bennett Salvatore to the rescue.

http://espn.go.com/i/page2/photos/060616/g_salvatore.jpg

And out of everything that's happened in the Stern Era, this was their biggest mistake. Well, other than continuing to have Bennett Salvatore work playoff games.

2. Bennett Salvatore -- Always one of the worst, he took it to another level this season. If you see him on the court at the start of the game, get ready for about six technicals, two near-brawls and both coaches having to be restrained by their assistants at various times."

Why is this relevant? Not only did Salvatore officiate Game 4 of the Suns-Lakers series (the one where Kobe tied it at the end of regulation and won it at the end of OT on two shaky non-calls on Nash, both by Salvatore), not only did Salvatore officiate Sunday night's Game 5 (in which Miami had a 40-12 free-throw advantage at one point), but Salvatore called the foul on Wade's final drive in overtime (remember, the call where ABC couldn't find a replay to show that anyone touched him?) even though he was standing at midcourt a full 35-40 feet from the play, and even though two other refs were closer to the play. Not only was that NOT his call, he butchered it.

raidersrock99
05-09-2011, 01:27 AM
what was the bad call missed the game?/

biglord
05-09-2011, 01:30 AM
nba refs = cheaters

bbcmillionaire
05-09-2011, 01:35 AM
what was the bad call missed the game?/

Rose got an atlanta player in the air for a 3 point play in the 4th quarter(I think we was down by 5). Salvatore blew his whistle, said it was an inadvertent whistle, called a jump ball that gave Atlanta the momentum and ultimately costed us the game.

bbcmillionaire
05-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Bennett Salvatore could be the next Steve Bartman if the Bulls go on to lose the series lol

True, but Dont mention him. What douchebag wears a Walkman to a cubs game, horn glasses wearing harry potter looking SOB

mttwlsn16
05-09-2011, 01:45 AM
:facepalm: ya bc that call totally made the outcome of the game when ATL went on a 16-4 run to end the game.

figures bulls fan would make this

i fully expect this to be closed when i wake up in the morning...stupid :pity:

mttwlsn16
05-09-2011, 01:47 AM
Rose got an atlanta player in the air for a 3 point play in the 4th quarter(I think we was down by 5). Salvatore blew his whistle, said it was an inadvertent whistle, called a jump ball that gave Atlanta the momentum and ultimately costed us the game.

1. d rose initiated the contact
2. it had nothing to do with how chitown folded down the stretch
3. great grammar!! (bolded) ;)

redwhitenblue
05-09-2011, 01:48 AM
:facepalm: ya bc that call totally made the outcome of the game when ATL went on a 16-4 run to end the game.

It kind of did.

The game was 90-84 at the time of the call and Rose is a very good FT shooter. It could have been a 1 possession game. And that wasn't the only bad call in that 16-4 run (how can Teague run over Korver as he's passing to Horford when it was 86-84-it has to be a foul one way or the other). After that inadvertent whistle call, Bulls lost their composure, which was their own fault.

Hell, even TNT was baffled at it, and every post game show so far from ESPN to NBAtv to local networks cannot explain the pathetic call.

redwhitenblue
05-09-2011, 01:49 AM
1. d rose initiated the contact
2. it had nothing to do with how chitown folded down the stretch
3. great grammar!! (bolded) ;)
There is nothing against initiating contact, guys do it every game when they pump fake and get guys in the air. And that is a call that is made correctly basically every single time. This is close to the equivalent of the OKC/DEN goaltending where the referee screw up is so heinous that it's unacceptable.

NetsPaint
05-09-2011, 01:55 AM
There is nothing against initiating contact, guys do it every game when they pump fake and get guys in the air. And that is a call that is made correctly basically every single time. This is close to the equivalent of the OKC/DEN goaltending where the referee screw up is so heinous that it's unacceptable.
At least OKC/DEN was a just a "I didn't see it" call, whether that's true that they didn't see it or not.

This....I don't even get:laugh2:.

Tanakid777
05-09-2011, 02:05 AM
Donaghy is snickering at this

JB0B0
05-09-2011, 02:08 AM
Donaghy is snickering at this

I'm sure he's been in contact with Salvatore during his prison stay lol

hornetsfansydne
05-09-2011, 02:41 AM
It kind of did.

The game was 90-84 at the time of the call and Rose is a very good FT shooter. It could have been a 1 possession game. And that wasn't the only bad call in that 16-4 run (how can Teague run over Korver as he's passing to Horford when it was 86-84-it has to be a foul one way or the other). After that inadvertent whistle call, Bulls lost their composure, which was their own fault.

Hell, even TNT was baffled at it, and every post game show so far from ESPN to NBAtv to local networks cannot explain the pathetic call.

Ok who created the contact?? Rose did... so how can it be a foul on Crawford?? If you look closely, contact actually occurs when crawford is back on the ground so correct no call from salvatore even though he looks like an idiot for blowing his whistle in the first place.

Now as for the charge/block on Teague/Korver, that probably should have been called a charge but everyone makes mistakes, you name one player out there who didnt screw up once when out on the court, hell even Rose missed a layup the play beforehand which caused the fastbreak.

justinnum1
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM

This...its pathetic they are blaming this loss solely on the refs. Everytime the bulls lose its either luck by the other team or the refs did something...:rolleyes:

Is it possible that bulls were out played last night? When josh smith is putting up 23/16/8 you are not winning.

raidersrock99
05-09-2011, 10:19 AM

o okay but didnt you guys lose by 12?

uptown0364
05-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Get ready for a lot of fouls tonight....probably at least 2 to 1 in Miami's favor