PDA

View Full Version : What would be a Better Series? Dallas vs OKC o Dallas vs Memphis

JordansBulls
05-08-2011, 10:54 PM
What would be a Better Series? Dallas vs OKC o Dallas vs Memphis

SportsFanatic10
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
tough call...either way i think dallas wins but with memphis they have those good perimeter defenders, a quick point guard and that strong front line so i voted them. neither team will have much luck versus dirk though.

Baller1
05-09-2011, 12:06 AM
OKC, because I'm biased.

LongWayFromHome
05-09-2011, 12:16 AM
Memphis will be a more intriguing matchup. As a Mavs fan I was relieved to not get them in the first round. I know everyone was HIGH on POR vs DAL but I thought MEM was even scarier. Its kinda funny that we might see them now in the WCF.

Another funny note. If Atlanta and Miami win their current series the final four would have like the least history ever - MIA vs ATL and DAL vs OKC/MEM

Raps18-19 Champ
05-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Memphis.

I wanna see if Chandler can do any better than Perkins in limiting Zach Randolph.

I'm still calling a Grizzlies-Heat finals. After the Grizzlies beat the Spurs, I have them in the finals.

Toxeryll
05-09-2011, 01:13 AM
dallas

gotoHcarolina52
05-09-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm still calling a Grizzlies-Heat finals. After the Grizzlies beat the Spurs, I have them in the finals.

That would be insane. The entire world (universe?!) outside Miami would be hopping on that Memphis bandwagon. Holy cow would that be a fun series to watch.

iggypop123
05-09-2011, 01:29 AM
memphis. to think another 8th seed could take out dallas . oh my how interesting. and memphis is legit.

mttwlsn16
05-09-2011, 01:39 AM
GRIZZ HANDS DOWN zbooo

KingPosey
05-09-2011, 02:03 AM
I guarantee the League wants OKC and not Memphis. I also guarantee Dallas wants them too. Those bigs in Memphis make for a terrible matchup for Dallas

Neither one of them is getting pushed around.

MrfadeawayJB
05-09-2011, 07:50 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

of course the media and david stern want okc and dallas, but i do believe most fans would want to see memphis there, because we matchup better with dallas than okc does

todu82
05-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Dallas/Oklahoma City

JordansBulls
05-09-2011, 08:58 AM
Memphis would be the Butler of the NBA.

The Jokemaker
05-09-2011, 09:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^^

of course the media and david stern want okc and dallas, but i do believe most fans would want to see memphis there, because we matchup better with dallas than okc does

Oh you know Stern wants the Thunder and their two superstars in there but luckily the fans seem to be loving what the Grizz are doing. They are the 8 seed cinderella they provide the underdog story so that is in their favor.

Hangtime
05-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Memphis. Simply because I am rooting for them.

king4day
05-09-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm just bored of OKC. Seems the league tried shoving them down our throats to get a Durant/Kobe WCF.

I think Memphis would bring more of a story to the west finals. Talking about how the other Gasol is now in the leagues elite.

Could anyone have imagined a possible Memphis/Dallas WCF this year? You MIGHT have had some people picking Dallas there, but no one else but LA.

Stern has to be upset but this is what's making me actually want to watch basketball. I love seeing upsets. If Atlanta beats Chicago, then all Stern has left is the Heat.

Rentzias
05-09-2011, 11:07 AM
I'd rather watch Memphis this year, Cinderella stories are always good when it's not March Madness, plus OKC has its core pieces locked up, and could make these same type of runs conceivably for the next three or four years. If it does go Memphis-Dallas, then I'm back to hoping Dallas makes it to the Finals. Also wouldn't mind seeing Kidd/Dirk get a shot at a ring.

AnalyzeNShoot
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I got Memphis, They are young Athletic, Zbo is a beast. Dallas i think might underestimate them just every1 has so far in the playoffs. Though dallas seems motivated this playoff seanson i could be wrong.

But Memphis have winning or tie season record again the heat as well.

Heat Grizzles Final Grizzles in 6 :) Just a feeling.

Wrigheyes4MVP
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Memphis matches up much better against Dallas than OKC does.

Memphis has the size, depth, and perimeter defense to matchup beautifully against Dallas. Grizz would still be the underdogs, but it would make a pretty good series going 6 or 7 games IMO.

OKC would get beat by Dallas pretty badly IMO. Dallas would win in 5.

This Memphis-OKC series should go 7, but you never know considering how awesome the Grizzlies are playing right now.

Crackadalic
05-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Memphis would be the Butler of the NBA.

I doubt they'll shoot 18% in that series:)

BlondeBomber41
05-09-2011, 12:48 PM
As a Mavs fan, I'd rather see Memphis than OKC.

Memphis is a very good team, but they are like LA lite. Good frontcourt like the Lakers, but no Odom off the bench and no Kobe Bryant in the backcourt.

I think we'd beat either team, just seems like we already have proven we can beat a team like Memphis when we beat LA.

RaiderLakersA's
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Not sure who I'd rather see in the Finals, to be honest.

Dallas?

OKC?

Memphis?

Ok, my mind is made up. I'd rather see OKC. I have a feeling this year is going to feature a small market team in the Finals, given all of the issues and crosstalk over the fate of small market teams in the NBA.

JordansBulls
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm just bored of OKC. Seems the league tried shoving them down our throats to get a Durant/Kobe WCF.

I think Memphis would bring more of a story to the west finals. Talking about how the other Gasol is now in the leagues elite.

Could anyone have imagined a possible Memphis/Dallas WCF this year? You MIGHT have had some people picking Dallas there, but no one else but LA.

Stern has to be upset but this is what's making me actually want to watch basketball. I love seeing upsets. If Atlanta beats Chicago, then all Stern has left is the Heat.

I do to unless it is my team that is getting upset.

jimbobjarree
05-09-2011, 01:17 PM
OKC for the Oklahoma-Texas rivalry

gsgs49
05-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Memphis matches up much better against Dallas than OKC does.

Memphis has the size, depth, and perimeter defense to matchup beautifully against Dallas. Grizz would still be the underdogs, but it would make a pretty good series going 6 or 7 games IMO.

OKC would get beat by Dallas pretty badly IMO. Dallas would win in 5.

This Memphis-OKC series should go 7, but you never know considering how awesome the Grizzlies are playing right now.

I totally agree,as a mavs fan I'm rooting for OKC to win their series against Memphis

8kobe24
05-09-2011, 01:40 PM
OKC vs. Dallas. Seems like a good match up from top to bottom.

SteBO
05-09-2011, 01:45 PM
MEM has a better shot at beating Dallas than the Thunder do, simply because they have other scoring options outside their top two players. And judging by Westbrook's play in the playoffs and their offense being so predictable, it would become easy for the Mavs to defend them, not to mention they play a zone defense anyway. Zone forces long jumpers, an aspect on offense that OKC is not good at in any way. Memphis can definitely beat the Mavs, but I can't say the same for the Thunder. Funny thing is, I still think OKC advances past the grizzlies, only because of Durant. Westbrook just needs to accept the fact that he can't be the number 1 option in crunch time. Game 3 was disgraceful on his part, as well as the team.

zB_#85
05-09-2011, 02:09 PM
better series= Mem vs. Dal

OKC vs. Dal wouldn't be much of a series IMO. I know it seems crazy b/c they're struggling with Memphis, but OKC would breeze past Dallas. Old man Kidd would struggle with Westbrook. Dirk won't look quite so dominant against the combo of Ibaka/Durant guarding him. I promise you OKC's bench can equal Dallas bench. I don't think Thabo/Harden will be leaving Terry alone to shoot 3's. OKC won't have as tough a time with Dirk as LA did so you won't see them leaving their guys as much to help. 3's won't be nearly as open. Barrea's speed hurt LA, but he won't matter against OKC with Westy and Maynor being able to keep up with him. I just don't see what matchup Dallas would have to take advantage of. Dirk's always going to get his, but he won't shine against OKC like he has in the past 2 series and OKC is so much better pretty much everywhere else.

gatkins11
05-09-2011, 02:20 PM

OKC vs. Dal wouldn't be much of a series IMO. I know it seems crazy b/c they're struggling with Memphis, but OKC would breeze past Dallas. Old man Kidd would struggle with Westbrook. Dirk won't look quite so dominant against the combo of Ibaka/Durant guarding him. I promise you OKC's bench can equal Dallas bench. I don't think Thabo/Harden will be leaving Terry alone to shoot 3's. OKC won't have as tough a time with Dirk as LA did so you won't see them leaving their guys as much to help. 3's won't be nearly as open. Barrea's speed hurt LA, but he won't matter against OKC with Westy and Maynor being able to keep up with him. I just don't see what matchup Dallas would have to take advantage of. Dirk's always going to get his, but he won't shine against OKC like he has in the past 2 series and OKC is so much better pretty much everywhere else.

That's what everyone said the Lakers would do.

zB_#85
05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
That's what everyone said the Lakers would do.

...and clearly they were wrong. LA's head wasn't right so that only magnified the fact that Dallas matched up pretty well against them. I gave reasons why the Thunder would advance that pretty much outlines everything Dallas did great against LA and how those same things wouldn't work for them against OKC.

obviously you never know until the games are played, but I'm not seeing much favorable for Dallas against the Thunder. Blondebomber was right when evaluating the Grizzlies- they are LA lite so you know you can matchup successfully against that style team. Any Dallas fan that says OKC doesn't make them nervous is lying.

gsgs49
05-09-2011, 03:12 PM

OKC is much easier matchup for my team,that's my opinion I don't know about other mavs fans.
Memphis is a team, OKC is a two men team,all what you should do to beat them is defending those two well or at least one of them and we can do it.
Durant had really struggled against the mavs.Since acquiring Shawn Marion,he shoots 40% from the field.
The 38 years old Kidd can defend Westbrook outside and force him to take bad shots as he usually does and if he passes him and go to the basket he'll meet Chandler or Haywood,we may not have a great defender to play him one on one but the zone defense will help.
The regular season doesn't mean a lot but look at Westbrook numbers in 3 games against the mavs:
14.3 points on 31.8% from the field.And I'm not worried about him with the way he's playing in the playoffs.

And lol@ Durant and Ibaka guarding Dirk,Memphis has better chance at that with Battier,Arthur and Young and they have better perimeter defenders to guard the shooters.
Dallas vs OKC,Dallas would win in 5 or 6 maximum.
Dallas vs Memphis could go either way.
Again this is just my opinion.