PDA

View Full Version : Should Bynum be Suspended?

MiamiBoy77
05-08-2011, 10:29 PM
http://*************/2011/05/should-bynum-be-suspended-at-the-start-of-next-year/

It was a very dirty play no doubt, and I think the NBA really needs to crack down on this one. He could have SERIOUSLY injured Barea.

Baller1
05-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes, for a lot of games. That was complete ********.

BigCityofDreams
05-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes he should be suspended and he will be

210Don
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM
for sure.

Sportfan
4-5 game suspension

MiamiWadeCounty
Hell yeah. I think that might be the biggest cheapshot of the year. He hit straight on with his elbow right to Barea's neck area. I'd say a 4-6 game suspension is in order. The funny thing is though that if that happened to Dwight Howard it wouldn't even be a flagrant.

Crackadalic
05-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Yes but not 40 games like some people think. At best 5 games

king4day
05-08-2011, 10:44 PM
4 or 5 is probably right.

BigCityofDreams
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
If that happened to be Dwight they would call the foul on him

Hellcrooner
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes and not a feeble suspension

10 to 15 games at least.
Im a Laker fan and im Completely Embarrased by the attitude of this dude.

If you are losing show some class.
If you are losing your temper at least be a MAN and wack someone your size.
Id be an hypocrite if i dont knock him for this after knocking Kg for messing with shorter guys.
To add insult to injury he trhew our jersey to the floor.
And he has done it before to Wallace and BEasley.

if im Jerry Buss this woudl be the LAST game Bynum played for Us.

king4day
05-08-2011, 10:47 PM
What's going to make this a long suspension is not even the hit. It's how he reacted. He looked away like 'F him' and did the shove. Then taking his shirt off in the 'i don't care' fashion.
THAT is what will cost him big

Jewelz0376
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
This is the 3rd time he's done this exact same thing... I'd say probably around 10 games...

GeekInThePink
05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
20 games to set a precedent.

BoratSagdiyev
05-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Absolutely. I was at a restaurant when I saw it and I shouted "that was horseshit"...I was taking my mother out for mothers day.

marlinsfan24
05-08-2011, 10:53 PM
10-15 games sounds fair to me.

Gibby
05-08-2011, 10:58 PM
he should suspended for a while. A few games wont do the trick. The suspension should get progressively worse for repeat offenders.

I am know this is a crazy idea, but what if he also suspended some amount of playoff games. So say 10 regular season games and his next 2 playoff games.

Eagles4Lyfe
05-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Omg first time seeing this are you serious bynum of all people???
Im seriously embarassed to cheer for a guy on a team who does that cmon man..
I can understand anger and whatever punishment he gets he'll deserve just really sad he resorted to that..

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Definitely. My heart skipped a beat when i saw that. I really thought Barea was gonna get seriously hurt ala Bogut or something. It wasnt even unintentional. He deliberately tackled him in mid air with his elbow to Bareas rib cage. THEN he looked down on him like IDGAF and walked away like a thug taking off his jersey in mid court. He is classless and he should be suspended for at least 10 games with heavy fines.

Young2Kinsler
05-08-2011, 11:09 PM
10 Games at LEAST. No more than 15

billyocean15
05-08-2011, 11:14 PM
just saw the foul on sportscenter thats embarrassing..and his reaction after made it sickneing

ManRam
05-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Absolutely. He's a repeat offender. That was heinously dirty, especially considering the context. The league has to punish him a ton. Despicable play.

billyocean15
05-08-2011, 11:15 PM
wow what a piece of **** bynum is. just saw the foul on sportscenter thats embarrassing..and his reaction after made it sickening

GottaLoveCubs
05-08-2011, 11:15 PM
The first thing that came to my mind was 15 games. There are so many things that can happen when the guy is in the air like that. Could have ended his career if he just landed a little differently.

Swashcuff
05-08-2011, 11:18 PM
I'll have to agree with those who said 10-15.

One thing that shouldn't get lost however is that Bynum is a human being. He is going to let his emotions get the better of him. Sure he should be more mature about it and show some class but at the same time being humiliated like that could really mess you up.

Does that justify what he did? F NO!!! That was messed up. But let's not completely hate the guy for doing what he did. It's not the first time we've seen an athlete react this way after a crushing/humiliating defeat.

Kakaroach
It'll be 10-15 games, at least it better be. This isn't the UFC.

Kakaroach
It'll be 10-15 games, at least it better be. This isn't the UFC.

Swashcuff
05-08-2011, 11:19 PM

One thing that shouldn't get lost however is that Bynum is a human being. He is going to let his emotions get the better of him. Sure he should be more mature about it and show some class but at the same time being humiliated like that could really mess you up.

Does that justify what he did? F NO!!! That was messed up. But let's not completely hate the guy for doing what he did. It's not the first time we've seen an athlete react this way after a crushing/humiliating defeat.

Kobes a Killer
05-08-2011, 11:20 PM
7 games

Agar81
05-08-2011, 11:20 PM
15 isn't enough. he's a repeat offender (the third time he has done the same exact thing) and he had double digit flagrants this year I think. the worst part though as others have said is his attitude after when each times he looks as if he's thinking "I DGAF" and that he hasn't shown any remorse for what he's done ever after either. he's the lowest of low, and he hasn't ever matured. he is the prime example of why kids need to go to college now after high school and before the NBA because he cannot handle the responsibilities of being a man and playing with dignity.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:22 PM

this is pretty rational.

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 11:23 PM
What is the most that a player has ever been suspended for a play like this?

jim51990
10 games sound about right

Avenged
10-15 games + a heavy fine.

Knowing how the league operates though, probably more along the lines of 20-30. :shrug:

Who knows.

Astronaut
05-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Bynum should get a 10-15 game suspension, if he does this again, maybe a 50 game.

Mauersota
05-08-2011, 11:25 PM
He got suspended about two months ago for a couple games for taking Beasley out, so he should get at least 10 games since he has a recent history of incidents.

Kobes a Killer
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
:clap: He isn't even good anyway. Should be his last game as a laker imo

He isn't even good?:facepalm:

ManRam
05-08-2011, 11:26 PM
The double posts on this site are hilarious. I'm sick of deleting them too, because that's a 3 minute chore I don't feel like dealing with ;)

I doubt he'll get more than 10 games. That's a huge suspension, and I don't think it fits the crime. It was a dirty play, he's a repeat offender, but 15 games is a ton. That's more than 1/6 of the season.

Kermit Washington almost killed someone and got 23 games. Melo got 15 for punching someone in the face. Rodman got 11 for kicking a reporter in the groin. Maxwell got 10 for storming the stands after a fan and punching him. Nate got 10 for the Melo incident and also going into the stands.

This wasn't worse than those. It was a flagrant 2, and it's a play that sadly does happen somewhat frequently. I'm not defending it at all (read my first post), but I can't see it being that long.

JIDsanity
05-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Hes done it a few times now, and his attitude this time was entirely unacceptable, especially for a repeat offender. That foul was completely dirty and classless, and Im surprised at his ignorance and complete lack of control of his emotions. This definitely warrants a 10 game suspension alone. He needs to be fined heavily, and disciplined appropriately as well. If it happens again a season ban should be strongly considered. Plays like that are not needed in this league.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:27 PM
What is the most that a player has ever been suspended for a play like this?

I dont think ive ever seen a player get suspended for a play like bynums. it wasnt a head shot or anything, i think people are more upset at his reaction after the foul.

JIDsanity
05-08-2011, 11:29 PM
The double posts on this site are hilarious. I'm sick of deleting them too, because that's a 3 minute chore I don't feel like dealing with ;)

I doubt he'll get more than 10 games. That's a huge suspension, and I don't think it fits the crime. It was a dirty play, he's a repeat offender, but 15 games is a ton. That's more than 1/6 of the season.

Kermit Washington almost killed someone and got 23 games. Melo got 15 for punching someone in the face. Rodman got 11 for kicking a reporter in the groin. Maxwell got 10 for storming the stands after a fan and punching him. Nate got 10 for the Melo incident and also going into the stands.

This wasn't worse than those. It was a flagrant 2, and it's a play that sadly does happen somewhat frequently. I'm not defending it at all (read my first post), but I can't see it being that long.

Its just as bad, when you consider he could have killed him, and did hospitalize Gerald Wallace.

fadedmario
05-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Disgraceful display of sportsmanship by LA. Yes he should be suspended.

black1605
05-08-2011, 11:30 PM
I didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been posted, but this is not the first time Bynum has pulled a move like this. He sent Gerald Wallace to the hospital with a collapsed lung in 2009. He should definitely be suspended..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbcjL7AVxMA

ManRam
05-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Its just as bad, when you consider he could have killed him, and did hospitalize Gerald Wallace.

Killed him? I think that's overreacting. It was an incredibly dirty play...but I still don't think it was worse than causing a brawl/throwing punches or assaulting a fan. That's just me. Those seem far more pre-meditated and malicious.

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2011, 11:32 PM
what a dirty player. disgrace...

SportsFanatic10
05-08-2011, 11:32 PM
to the guy saying bynum isn't even good i'd have to laugh. hes one of the best centers in the league when healthy. but he definately needs to get some sort of punishment besides just being ejected for pulling this stunt.

GeriatricMoyer
05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
This really pains me to see. I played HS basketball with Andrew and lived with him in the dorm during the school year. He was a shy but intelligent kid who came from a great family. Even though he was a teammate for 2 years, I'll stop short of claiming him as a friend since he was a few years younger than I and we lost touch after I graduated. Even so, obviously I've always been rooting for him to succeed.

What he did tonight on the court was deliberate, classless, and disgraceful. The total lack of remorse that he showed to an injured player in front of 20k people was one of the most sickening things that I've ever seen in professional sports. I would love to say that what he did was out of character, but I'm afraid that it isn't anymore. I hope that the Lakers trade him and I hope that he's suspended 20 games. That seems fair for the severity and circumstances of it. He didn't go for the ball, it was pure intent to injure. He could have ended a guy's career. I definitely won't be cheering for him anymore.

Phenomenonsense
05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
15 games for previous instances and the attitude with which it was done. **** that "he's a human being" bull **** that someone was talking about. You know who else is human? Ever other person on that floor not acting like a giant ***. You act like an animal, you must be treated as such.

ManRam
05-08-2011, 11:34 PM
I think the foul on Wallace wouldn't have been as big of a big deal if it weren't for Wallace getting hurt. Again, I don't know why I'm defending someone I really don't like at all on a team I also don't care for, but there are 100s of fouls like the Wallace one every year. It was flukish that his lung collapsed, but it Wallace did pop up from the same foul, it wouldn't have been a big deal at all.

The action should be what we punish, not the result.

ManRam
05-08-2011, 11:35 PM
I think the foul on Wallace wouldn't have been as big of a big deal if it weren't for Wallace getting hurt. Again, I don't know why I'm defending someone I really don't like at all on a team I also don't care for, but there are 100s of fouls like the Wallace one every year. It was flukish that his lung collapsed, but it Wallace did pop up from the same foul, it wouldn't have been a big deal at all.

Avenged
05-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Bynum isn't even good???

Bynum could have killed him???

:confused:

I hope this is just anger talking and not something people truly believe.

JIDsanity
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Killed him? I think that's overreacting. It was an incredibly dirty play...but I still don't think it was worse than causing a brawl/throwing punches or assaulting a fan. That's just me. Those seem far more pre-meditated and malicious.

This was premeditated.
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6508860

Andrew Bynum-285lbs
Barea-175lbs
That speaks for itself, but to add Barea was in mid air when Bynum elbowed him. There was no play on the ball, no intent other than to hurt Barea. And as you can see from his reaction he did not care about the result.

theLgndKllr35
05-08-2011, 11:39 PM
10-15 like everyone else said. Sure it was dirty, but that's a normal suspension for something of that standard. They don't give them out every other day.

billyocean15
05-08-2011, 11:41 PM
He sure could have killed him there or paralyzed him or ended his career. Throw the man in jail for 30 days. That should be his suspension

Chill_Will_24
When i watched the play on the replay it made me cringe as i watched Barea barrelling to the ground. I got flashbacks of Bogut... it turns my stomach just thinking what couldve happened. Its not about whether Barea got hurt. The poor guy couldve gotten seriously hurt

JIDsanity

He acted by jamming his elbow into Wallace's ribs.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Right, I see what you're saying. We should punish someone for SHOOTING a gun, not for actually hitting and killing or seriously injuring someone. I gotcha. Goooooood logic.

because bynum took out a shot gun and shot barrea in midair goooooood logic :facepalm:

Swashcuff
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM

Flukish or not a malicious play had a horrible outcome. That only shows the kind of damage that a play such as that could cause. The result should ABSOLUTELY be punished if it was a malicious play even IF the intent may not have been to hurt to such an extent.

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Bynum is a little *****. If I were buss, I would cut him asap. Such a classless move. I'm surprised his glass knees didn't shatter when he did that. I hope the league throws the book at him to set an example. Piece of s--t.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:47 PM
the foul was bad yeah..but as an nba fan you cant say you dont see similar fouls atleast 10 times a season. I think people are overreacting a little bit because this was an elimination game that everyone was watching, and the reaction of bynum after the foul. Im most definatley not condoning the foul, but the foul itself was a pretty standard nba flagrant 2 that warrented an ejection.

redsox0717
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM

This is a bull **** argument. What about when someone murders someone when 'they let their emotions get the best of them'? Murderers are human after all. I'm not comparing what he did to murder, but the point is if you do something wrong, you have to face the consequences of your actions. This being a human nonsense and doing it in the heat of the moment are the flimsiest ****ing excuses I've ever heard. Bottom line is that he is a classless guy who is a repeat offender, and should be banned at least 20 games to set a precedent.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:50 PM
a full season sounds about right.
need to stop this thuggish behavior dead in its tracks NOW.

gimme a break.:rolleyes:
a full season? the malice at the palace didnt even have this type of punishment lol

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
the foul was bad yeah..but as an nba fan you cant say you dont see similar fouls atleast 10 times a season. I think people are overreacting a little bit because this was an elimination game that everyone was watching, and the reaction of bynum after the foul. Im most definatley not condoning the foul, but the foul itself was a pretty standard nba flagrant 2 that warrented an ejection.

I have no idea what games you are talking about. I've seen elbows in games, plenty. But I haven't seen ONE that was aimed towards the dude's throat. That is a classless ***** move. Bynum is still a young kid who can't stand to lose. He is a classic example of what a spoiled brat would do if they didn't get their way. :cry:

blahblahyoutoo
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM

why even bother to bring it up then?
there is no excuse for that type of behavior in the NBA, in a pick up game, or anywhere.
he's not a 4 year old kid although his actions certainly could pass for one.

sep11ie
05-08-2011, 11:52 PM
He is dirty player, I've seen him do crap like this several times. I'm sure he'll find a way to get hurt while he's suspended anyways and miss more time.

Swashcuff
05-08-2011, 11:53 PM
This is a bull **** argument. What about when someone murders someone when 'they let their emotions get the best of them'? Murderers are human after all. If you do something wrong, you have to face the consequences of your actions. This being a human nonsense and doing it in the heat of the moment are the flimsiest ****ing excuses I've ever heard. Bottom line is that he is a classless guy who is a repeat offender, and should be banned at least 20 games to set a precedent.

So you are going to hate Andrew Bynum because of this?

blahblahyoutoo
05-08-2011, 11:54 PM
gimme a break.:rolleyes:
a full season? the malice at the palace didnt even have this type of punishment lol

so the palace is the benchmark for how we should handle incidents as these?
if i were the commish, artest wouldn't even be allowed to set foot in an NBA arena.

the NBA is full of thugs that should be thanking their lucky stars that the game of basketball exists.

jetsforever
05-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't mind a suspension. I cheered for the Lakers in this series (and really all the playoffs), but there is no need for that in the game.

Maybe a short suspension to start the season is justified in this case.

jetsforever
05-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Wouldn't mind a suspension. I cheered for the Lakers in this series (and really all the playoffs), but there is no need for that in the game.

Maybe a short suspension to start the season is justified in this case.

Swashcuff
05-08-2011, 11:57 PM
why even bother to bring it up then?
there is no excuse for that type of behavior in the NBA, in a pick up game, or anywhere.
he's not a 4 year old kid although his actions certainly could pass for one.

You play a sport professionally for your entire life and be humiliated like that, I bet you one player on your team is going to blow a fuse.

Its not about being a 4 year old child, its a fact that some take loss harder than others and the way they deal with it is absolutely EFFED up. I am not defending the action but being an athlete myself and seeing the way others have reacted throughout my lifetime I could understand why Bynum let his emotions get the better of him.

JIDsanity
05-08-2011, 11:57 PM
So you are going to hate Andrew Bynum because of this?

I dont think anyone hates him, but I sure as hell dont respect him.
Edit: anymore

Hellcrooner
05-08-2011, 11:58 PM
btw this is what happens when people hypes too much the soft and tough b.s

nba should get completely rid of violence in the game and call every damm foul that is made.
play the ****ign game and deffend with speed and skill not with punches.
thats not being tough thats being dirty.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:59 PM
if i were the commish, artest wouldn't even be allowed to set foot in an NBA arena.

the NBA is full of thugs that should be thanking their lucky stars that the game of basketball exists.

you have never been in a fight in your lifetime?
your post seems a tad racist to me.

roshan3ai
05-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Just a terrible, malicious foul. He should be suspended for at LEAST five games

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
I dont think anyone hates him, but I sure as hell dont respect him.

I agree with the way you feel. But it is evident from what we have viewed thus far in this thread that Bynum is/has going to be hated on for this.

tyfreaks brotha
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
No doubt he will be

RaidersLakers24
05-09-2011, 12:02 AM
For those saying 10-15 games get outta here...he will get 3-5 games at most!

iamsteel
05-09-2011, 12:06 AM
He's collapsed G Wallace's lung, took out Beasley's legs from under him, and now he's pickin on a guy half his height. If you're losing, deal with it with honor and respect. What a baby! I would never want him on my team even if he signed and played for free!

LongWayFromHome
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Though the hit itself was TERRIBLE, that's not the biggest deal of all of this. Its the context of what happened.

Dude thought - well the seasons over, might as well hurt somebody - he even said it in the interview afterward, he also showed in the interview that he didn't even think he did anything wrong. Lamar Odom was almost in tears after the game and you could tell was embarrassed he did something FAR less extreme to Dirk.

Plus Bynum has done this crap many times before. NEWS FLASH he is a huge baby, he was the youngest player to ever be drafter, he has never grown up. When he got in that fight with shaq his rookie year it was because HE pushed shaq being a punk after dunking on him.

jerellh528
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
You bet your sweet ***** he deserves it! He's collapsed G Wallace's lung, took out Beasley's legs from under him, and now he's pickin on a guy half his height. If you're losing, deal with it with honor and respect. What a baby! I would never want him on my team even if he signed and played for free!

i highly doubt that, especially when your opponents ppg goes down by about 8 to 10 lol.

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 12:09 AM
which bracket is that? Hes still a top 5 center and has talent no doubt about that. all these people that say bynum sucks are delusional.

Most rational fans do hold the view that a healthy Bynum is certainly a top 5 C. He clearly showed that when healthy this past regular season.

jrands
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
he should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs.

LongWayFromHome
05-09-2011, 12:21 AM
So now it's bynums fault that the guards were going to the basket all the time! the pick and roll has always killed the lakers our guards are just to slow... If your gonna tell someone to play better defense it should be the guards!

You make a fair point about whos fault it is. But by your logic Bynum should have muscled up to Lakers gaurds and put them on the floor.

Penetra8r
05-09-2011, 12:21 AM
I would say at least 2 to 3 games.

More-Than-Most
05-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Most people are saying 5 games and thats likely what he will get... I personally say a ton more... over 20 games and here is why. This was intentional and basically to hurt and could have hurt a player because Bynum decided to be a moron. I hope they come down hard on him and make a statement out of him to be honest.

mttwlsn16
05-09-2011, 12:29 AM
ill say 10 games

fishedz
05-09-2011, 12:34 AM
What is this...turning the game into pussball now? That was nothing compared to the real game I watched growing up...when that happened every playoff game.

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2011, 12:36 AM
classless move from a classless player

TehSamurai
05-09-2011, 12:36 AM
The NBA should make an example out of Bynum. He shouldn't be able to do this three times and get off light.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Flagrant 2's should be an automatic suspension.

The more you do them, the more games you get. This is Bynum's third one i believe and definitely deserves more than 10 games.

fishedz
05-09-2011, 12:43 AM
The NBA should make an example out of Bynum. He shouldn't be able to do this three times and get off light.

Malone got to the HOF doing this...while his little buddy ran around punching people in the nuts. Go watch some Pistons highlights...the NBA needs to grow some pubes again..it's weak sauce.

Teeboy1487
05-09-2011, 12:45 AM
This is becoming too frequent with Bynum. I think the league should be very harsh with him. I say 10-15 games based on previous incidents. Bynum could seriously injure someone with his reckless play. It's time he learned his lesson that these awful plays are not tolerated at all. Any more incidents should result in a year ban and then his job. The safety of the players are more important than his little temper tantrums.

Squad13
05-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I'd rather have my starting Center get thrown out of a game for a hard foul than what his starting pf did. Played so poorly while also having the most frustrating demeanor in basketball. When he gets "into it" and "fired up" it looks like he's faking it. He's extremely talented but Sheryl Miller is much more intimidating .

TehSamurai
05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Malone got to the HOF doing this...while his little buddy ran around punching people in the nuts. Go watch some Pistons highlights...the NBA needs to grow some pubes again..it's weak sauce.

No, attacking a player because one can't take losing is weak sauce.

I don't care what happened before. Cheap shots were despicable then and they are despicable now. There's no place for that in the NBA. Kobe thinks that. The Lakers other than Bynum think that.

LakersA's49ers
05-09-2011, 12:48 AM
im bummed drew would do this. i love the guy. i absolutely dont want him to be traded. hes amazing! :/ probably 5-10 games. The NBA will be somewhat lenient. they dont tend to suspend players long term

Jewelz0376
05-09-2011, 12:49 AM
Melo got suspended 15 games for his punch (or slap whatever you wanna call it) in 06.... No way I see Bynum getting suspending more than that

Teeboy1487
05-09-2011, 01:02 AM
I don't blame you guys for hating the lakers (95% of lakers fans on this site are morons) but you guys are overacting because he's a laker. I'd rather have my starting Center get thrown out of a game for a hard foul than what his starting pf did. Played so poorly while also having the most frustrating demeanor in basketball. When he gets "into it" and "fired up" it looks like he's faking it. He's extremely talented but Sheryl Miller is much more intimidating . Manram... I think people saying "he could have killed him" should at least get an infraction.

You see, I disagree and I'm a lakers fan. That was inexcusable what Bynum did. What if Barea landed awkwardly on his arm like Rondo did. He was lucky today. That's why the league should come down hard on Bynum. 10-15 games based on past incidents. Bynum needs to learn that those type of fouls aren't ok. There is no need to hurt anyone out there.

LkrLand
05-09-2011, 01:21 AM

I say 2 games considering JJ is such an *******

giants73756
05-09-2011, 01:23 AM
~10 games should be good

NYK4L
05-09-2011, 01:28 AM
I say 2 games considering JJ is such an *******

why is JJ an *******?

jerellh528
05-09-2011, 01:29 AM
some people, definitely not bynum , what am I talking about you probably knock little kids teeth in when you play since your defending your boy so much :rolleyes:

hes still a laker, i cant let people bash him freely lol. i dont approve of his actions today btw.

JRisdabest
05-09-2011, 01:45 AM
5 games n left nut

CityofTreez
05-09-2011, 01:50 AM
Defintely. For a good amount of games (15-20)

He's been consistently doing this crap. It has almost lead to some very serious injuries, and some have been serious. Today was the Final Stop. His selfish act of "giving up" lead to a flagrant foul and almost jeopardized Barrea's impact in the next round. Bynum is uncontrollable at this point, and today showed he could care less/or isn't going to stop in the future at least........

The Jokemaker
05-09-2011, 01:54 AM
You have to suspend him. His actions were uncalled for and could have seriously hurt Barea. By not suspending him you promote this behavior by players league wide. If Bynum really wanted to make a staetment he could have made a legitimate hard foul and not just shoved an elbow into the guy because he was mad. He should be suspended a minimum of 5 games.

IBleedPurple
05-09-2011, 01:58 AM
I don't blame you guys for hating the lakers (95% of lakers fans on this site are morons) but you guys are overacting because he's a laker. I'd rather have my starting Center get thrown out of a game for a hard foul than what his starting pf did. Played so poorly while also having the most frustrating demeanor in basketball. When he gets "into it" and "fired up" it looks like he's faking it. He's extremely talented but Sheryl Miller is much more intimidating . Manram... I think people saying "he could have killed him" should at least get an infraction.

Saying he could've killed him is not an infraction, that is an overreaction as well. It is ignorance though.

I would say yes to a suspension, somewhere in the range of 2-7 games.

nickdymez
05-09-2011, 02:03 AM
Reading some of you people post just shows me how gay the NBA has gotten.. lol.. Some of you cant believe what you saw.. Tell you what, if im out there getting embarrassed and the team thats doing it is shooting 3's while winning by 25 points, might as well brace themselves for a foot to the face... JJ is fine...

boolish
05-09-2011, 02:07 AM
he should get 5 for the flagrant and 77 for being a gangsta thug.

NYK4L
05-09-2011, 02:09 AM
hope he does, and hope he goes to my team!...wishful thinking.

NYK4L
05-09-2011, 02:12 AM
he really ticked me off this series lol, he was pretending to be steve nash out there! if he plays this way for good, then he has a good future

hope he does, and hope he goes to my team!...wishful thinking.

GrandDaddyPurp
05-09-2011, 02:14 AM
I agree that he should be suspended. How will this affect his trade value? Lets say he gets traded this off-season, then does the suspension still carry over to the new team? That would be kind of strange.

jerellh528
05-09-2011, 02:18 AM
I agree that he should be suspended. How will this affect his trade value? Lets say he gets traded this off-season, then does the suspension still carry over to the new team? That would be kind of strange.

ofcourse it would

Lakers + Giants
05-09-2011, 02:23 AM
I say about 8-12 games.

Ebbs
05-09-2011, 02:29 AM

10 to 15 games at least.

Id be an hypocrite if i dont knock him for this after knocking Kg for messing with shorter guys.

Croon has it right.

The only statement Bynum made after that classless act and than tossing jersey on the court is that he is not a man nor a respectable human being.

Cal827
05-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Absolutely cowardly and classless. He disgraces the Lakers franchise. This crap needs to be absolutely eliminated. Hopefully it's a fairly lengthy suspension. I remember when Melo sucker-punched a Knicks player, and then ran towards his bench. He got 15 games, which is what Bynum should get...at least.

Baller1
05-09-2011, 02:36 AM
All my hatred for LA aside, that was absolutely inexcusable. And to think about the fact that at that point in the game it was already over, makes it even worse. Just a pathetic showing.

I hope they come down hard on him for that.

SeoulBeatz
05-09-2011, 03:10 AM
lol i just feel bad for J.J. Barea.

He is tiny and he's getting clocked by friggin Artest and Andrew Bynum

They should just pick on someone their own size instead of taken advantage of the midget.

not cool fellas.

BlondeBomber41
05-09-2011, 03:38 AM
When you watch the play from the close up angle, it doesn't look TOO bad. Just like he put his elbow up. Cheap foul, but not too bad.

When you watch the full screen you see how bad it really was though. He makes an effort to get all the way across the lane and throw that elbow into him in the air. Thats what makes it so disgusting, its not like JJ even drove the ball into him.

Due to past instances, I think he should get 20ish games.

kblo247
05-09-2011, 04:26 AM
At least 10 games or whatever the equivalent percentage wise would be if the season is shortened

NYKnicksAllDay
05-09-2011, 04:33 AM
I think it's gotta be at least 10 games. Wouldn't be surprised if it was more though.

The manster
05-09-2011, 04:39 AM
I think he definitely needs to be suspended for the simple fact it was intentional. He displayed poor sportsmanship an it adds no value to the game. The foul was Flagrant. Don't know the amount of games but he needs to be fined and suspended. That cannot be tolerated, the league needs to send a message to that type of behavior.

--23--
05-09-2011, 04:39 AM
Hell Yea, This is his 3rd time doing that and the 1st time he did that he injured Gerald Wallace with a collapsed lung and fractured rib. I would say it has to be more than 10 games cause he's obviously not learning his lesson from his past suspensions.

BigEric
05-09-2011, 05:35 AM
It's just disgusting how it all happened. The guys OBVIOUSLY a piece of trash. He's a crybaby. The fact that some Lakers fans are reacting like this is just as sickening. It is a big ****ing deal, it's bigger then the objection, it's worthy of rule editing. Because he's done it MULTIPLE times. If i were the league, I'd have a count going and if he does something like that, with such malicious intent, one more time, life ban in the NBA. Because too many times has he dropped a defender midair, which they were defenseless and reacted as if he were a "tough guy" or "didn't care". It's ****ing disgusting, he's a worthless, glass kneed, overrated crybaby piece of **** and the fact that I'm reading some of your posts even semi defending what he did is just ridiculous. If you're a Lakers fan and you're less then disgusted, you're a disgrace.

BigEric
05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
You see, I disagree and I'm a lakers fan. That was inexcusable what Bynum did. What if Barea landed awkwardly on his arm like Rondo did. He was lucky today. That's why the league should come down hard on Bynum. 10-15 games based on past incidents. Bynum needs to learn that those type of fouls aren't ok. There is no need to hurt anyone out there.

Thank you.

NothingbutWill
05-09-2011, 06:00 AM
That is the one of the most dirtiest fouls I have seen watching NBA. He knew what he was going to do when he saw Barea driving in and he knew he was going to get ejected since he basically walked out of the court right after. Even Kobe was disgusted about that play and you could see it if you watched the replay of it.

I hope the league suspends him for how ever many games it takes to get it into his head that this **** that he is pulling is NOT okay and will NOT be tolerated. A huge fine should also be in place. He totally disregarded the other players safety and was set to hit Barea as hard as he could. I had a lot of respect for Bynum and I saw him as a future all-star center but after this, I hope he doesn't go anywhere. Pathetic.

Knickrocketsfan
05-09-2011, 06:33 AM
terrible play by bynum, but dnt think it was that bad. It was not to the neck areas more like the ribs. If he did this in game 2 or 3 then there would be less outrage.

Crackadalic
05-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Melo got suspended for 15 games b punching mardy collins. Why the hell are people talking about suspending Bynum for 20-30+ games for what he did? Yea it was classless but come on now.

All this thug talk needs to stop. Thugs I know rob and kill people for a living. Stop acting like what Bynum and almost every dirty play any nba player has done as "Thuggish" I find that insulting. Thats like saying every one that lives in a bad neighborhood is a thug

RedRicanoBx
05-09-2011, 06:54 AM
What a disgraceful play smh for sure idk why they always pick on lil jj for

thawv
05-09-2011, 08:17 AM
A minimum of 20 games is my guess.

mfb_lt1birdman
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Laker fan for life here. I had to turn this game off so I did not see this happen. What a f'n disgrace though. No class, and I just lost all respect for that fool. I will be pissed for whatever suspension is handed down just because it will hurt the team. But this being the 3rd time for something like this = big time suspension. It should be 10 games at least. Probably more. I'm ashamed I have been cheering for this guy.

TO to the CHI
05-09-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes he should be suspended and he will be

Absolutely.

I think this is about right. He might get up to 10 games because he is a repeat offender and the last incident was recent, but this is not a 40 game type of incident.

However, your comparison later in this thread to Melo is not necessarily fair. There is a greater risk of injury when a player is in midair and gets shoved (as was the case here) than there is with a punch being thrown. The argument that the punch is worse is because it was not a basketball play, but I think a solid argument can be made that Bynum's act wasn't either.

10 to 15 games at least.

I agree with your sentiment and almost everything in your post. However, I feel that it must be pointed our that in every post you have made you come across as a fan of Spanish basketball players moreso than the Lakers. Thus, I don't think your view as a "Lakers fan" carries more weight when discussing Bynum. In the same way that your comments regarding ZBo in other threads require more than a grain of salt because you are really a Gasol fan. Nothing personal and I agree with your view here, just don't think the addition that you are a "Laker fan" has the value that you think it does.

Absolutely. I was at a restaurant when I saw it and I shouted "that was horseshit"...I was taking my mother out for mothers day.

You took your mother to a restaurant that was showing the game for mother's day????? Your mom is awesome (or at least very patient).

mttwlsn16
05-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Reading some of you people post just shows me how gay the NBA has gotten.. lol.. Some of you cant believe what you saw.. Tell you what, if im out there getting embarrassed and the team thats doing it is shooting 3's while winning by 25 points, might as well brace themselves for a foot to the face... JJ is fine...

as a defense, if u dont like it, do something about it...thats like the vikings cowboys NFC divisional game a couple years ago. 34-3 vikes andtehy just kept on scoring, its the playoffs, u dont let up until the final seconds are off the clock

ctad2002
05-09-2011, 09:05 AM
4-5 game suspension

agreed

tr3ymill3r
05-09-2011, 09:09 AM
He will get suspended, but just think about basketball in the 80's that would have just been another foul and JJ would have gotten up and taken his FT. The game has changed a lot and players have gotten softer.

yanksknicks
05-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Nothing a $5MM fine would not solve.

yanksknicks
05-09-2011, 09:24 AM
... and Artest is no better. He has close-lined at least 2 players this season including Barea.

Also, I blame Phil. He did not seem too upset about that as much as he was about Gasol.

rhymeratic
05-09-2011, 09:31 AM
He should be suspended for like 20-25 games. Besides he never plays a full season anyway.
That move could have ended that dudes career or killed him if he fell any other way.

Patman
05-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes Bynum should be Suspended that move was just dirty. He didn't try to play the ball it looked like he just wanted to hit Barea hard. Luckely Barea didn't get hurt, these are plays that can cause serious Injuries. I'm all for physical play but just elbowing someone that is airborne has nothig to do with playing good physical BBall.

How long he should be suspended is a touchy question, but considering his history and his reaction afterwards around 10 Games seems not to far fetched.

JIDsanity
05-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Some of you are being ignorant. Do you know what a concussion is?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001802/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/19/sportsline/main2952041.shtml

Yea he could have killed him.

ddhulett
05-09-2011, 09:41 AM
15-20 games

TO to the CHI
05-09-2011, 09:46 AM

I tend to agree that teams that "rub it in" should "brace" for more physical play. I don't think that is right, but I see your point on this. However, what Bynum did went far beyond physical play. It was a cowardly cheap shot at a defenseless opponent that could have caused injury. There is a difference between a hard foul and what took place. That difference warrants the suspension. And I can believe what I saw. It isn't the first time that I have seen a bully pick on the smallest kid around because he was scared to go after someone his own size.

Btw, your use of "insults" is weak and reflects on your maturity. I am referring to your asinine first sentece in case that wasn't clear.

hes still a laker, i cant let people bash him freely lol. i dont approve of his actions today btw.

Being a Laker fan does not mean that you have to irrationally support everything about the Lakers. Bynum's conduct was unacceptable and warrants a suspension. Being a Lakers fan doesn't mean that you have to disagree with that. You don't to soften your stance by saying that you don't approve of his actions, but no sane person would approve, so that really isn't saying much. The reality is that the play was an embarrassment to the team that should offend you as a fan of one of the proudest franchises in sports.

Lancelot
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM
IT was a classless act. I bet he gets 5-10 games. Odom will get some games too, he has meltdowns just like usual in a blowout. surprised artest didn't get in on the act.

jets-24
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM

first of all ron artest when in indiana ....during the brawl at auburn hills.....was laying down calm then what started the whole brawl the fans throwing water on them throwing beer on them f that,,,,,,,,,,,i say suspend bynums *** indefintitly ....there is no excuse for a play like that he had no intentions on fouling him ....it was a forearfm to the ribs they culd have left jj barea fataly injured or dead and look at bynums reaction to the play as its happpening....he had no type of remorse he was out for the kill f him

JIDsanity
05-09-2011, 09:49 AM
this is becoming too frequent with bynum. I think the league should be very harsh with him. I say 10-15 games based on previous incidents. Bynum could seriously injure someone with his reckless play. It's time he learned his lesson that these awful plays are not tolerated at all. Any more incidents should result in a year ban and then his job. The safety of the players are more important than his little temper tantrums.

+1

Rentzias
05-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Yes I hope he gets suspended, and I hope he burns in hell!

Also, don't do the "take off my shirt" move when you're chubby.

Hangtime
05-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Cheap shot on a small dude during a game that was over after a cheap shot on the same dude just a few games before. Fine and some game suspensions should be his future.

ManRam
05-09-2011, 10:07 AM
John Ireland is saying that Bynum "didn't get it" last night after the game. That's disconcerting. When your whole team is apologizing, and really going out of its way to do so, and you still don't "get it"...well, that's a little scary.

ManRam
05-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Some of you are being ignorant. Do you know what a concussion is?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001802/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/19/sportsline/main2952041.shtml

Yea he could have killed him.

Yes, you can die from a concussion. But seriously, if you are saying someone could have gotten killed from this...well...players live's are on the line every game. Yes, this was dirtier than 99.9% of the plays, but there are crazier collisions and bigger falls frequently. If you could have killed someone is a legit argument, then boxers and MMA fighters should be put on trial for attempted murder every time they go into a match, or football players too. I'm sure every hockey player has made a hit that "could have killed someone" if simply getting a concussion is the criteria here for "could have killed someone".

The odds of him dying as a result of that play are so incredibly negligible that it isn't worth bringing up. Very dirty...but again, let's not get carried away. His life wasn't on the line.

Heater4life
05-09-2011, 10:28 AM
Yup. Thats was some b.s

blahblahyoutoo
05-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Yes, you can die from a concussion. But seriously, if you are saying someone could have gotten killed from this...well...players live's are on the line every game. Yes, this was dirtier than 99.9% of the plays, but there are crazier collisions and bigger falls frequently. If you could have killed someone is a legit argument, then boxers and MMA fighters should be put on trial for attempted murder every time they go into a match, or football players too. I'm sure every hockey player has made a hit that "could have killed someone" if simply getting a concussion is the criteria here for "could have killed someone".

The odds of him dying as a result of that play are so incredibly negligible that it isn't worth bringing up. Very dirty...but again, let's not get carried away. His life wasn't on the line.

really? comparing bball to MMA?
i mean, really?

MagicHero3
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
how about the fact that he MADE that shot?!! thats friggin crazy!

Bynum was already frustrated with "trust issues" so it looks like he wanted to make his presence felt for the last play of his 2011 season

Patman
05-09-2011, 10:59 AM

I agree that the notion that he could've killed him is to strong. But Fouls like these, hits on an airborne player way above or below the bodys center of gravity are really dangerous. Players get out of controll completly and the risk of serious injurie like a broken Arm or even severe head injuries are possible.

jets-24
05-09-2011, 11:01 AM
i mean, really?

lol really...............that was like top 5 worst comparisons ive ever heard

jets-24
05-09-2011, 11:05 AM
how about the fact that he MADE that shot?!! thats friggin crazy!

Bynum was already frustrated with "trust issues" so it looks like he wanted to make his presence felt for the last play of his 2011 season

True Story little man got mad props from me

Gibby23
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
He should get atleast 10 games. If he is traded, the player the Lakers get should have to sit out the time of Bynums suspension because it wouldn't make any sense for Bynum to be traded and the Lakers don't pay for his actions.

ManRam
05-09-2011, 11:25 AM
i mean, really?

I'm not comparing it. Of course the sports aren't at all alike. Re-read the post if you're confused.

I'm just saying that if the possibility of getting a concussions means that a player "could have killed someone", then we need to be consistent with it. We never consider getting a concussion anywhere else as "almost dying". You can't say it for one sport if you don't say it for all other walks of life.

I'm just pointing out how ludicrous it is to say that "someone could have got a concussion, therefore they were almost killed".

Lindystud36
05-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Hel No You Cannot Suspend Him

1. It Happened between the white lines, therefore the only punishment needed is the once kicking him out of the game
2. Barrea was asking for it as he tried to continue running up the score and embarrassing the Lakers
3. If people thought young Andrew was not tough enough, point proven, Dwight will have nothing on him, a true center in 2 years
4. As a wrestler, sometimes you may lose a match, but leave it all on the court, take flesh if you have to

Jaji
05-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Well it looks like dbroncos ruined this thread. Might as well close it down.

Gibby23
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM

1. It Happened between the white lines, therefore the only punishment needed is the once kicking him out of the game2. Barrea was asking for it as he tried to continue running up the score and embarrassing the Lakers3. If people thought young Andrew was not tough enough, point proven, Dwight will have nothing on him, a true center in 2 years4. As a wrestler, sometimes you may lose a match, but leave it all on the court, take flesh if you have to

Wrong. The game was over, it didn't cause any harm to the Lakers that he got kicked out in a blowout of a closing game.

Wrong. The lane was open for him to drive with over 6 min to go, you have to keep playing.

Wrong. In 2 years, Bynum could have no knees and he hasn't played a full season in a while.

Then he should wrestle instead of playing basketball.

Rentzias
05-09-2011, 11:44 AM

1. It Happened between the white lines, therefore the only punishment needed is the once kicking him out of the game
So how would you have handled the Rudy T. - Kermit Washington situation?

2. Barrea was asking for it as he tried to continue running up the score and embarrassing the Lakers
It's the Lakers' job to stop that bleeding. Dallas learned well not to take their foot off the gas from Brandon Roy in Round 1.

3. If people thought young Andrew was not tough enough, point proven, Dwight will have nothing on him, a true center in 2 years
Only if you are talking about the man-boobs department, where Bynum clearly excels over Dwight.

4. As a wrestler, sometimes you may lose a match, but leave it all on the court, take flesh if you have to
What the...

ManRam
05-09-2011, 11:48 AM

Seriously?

1. Disagree with this. Dirty and illegal plays happen between the white lines, and those plays should result in punishment. Just because you're on the court doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. There are still rules, and players should still have morals. If you bring a gun in between the white lines should that not be punished via suspension, just because it was "between the white lines"?

2. Asking for it? You want them to get 24 second shot clock violations every time? It's basketball. There were 9 minutes left too...it's not like he went in for a layup with 5 seconds left in the game when he could have just killed the clock. That's a SILLY defense of a ugly and heinous foul. Bynum feeling embarrassed doesn't mean he can act like a goon.

3. So to be tough these days you need to be dirty? Throwing an elbow at a sub-6 foot player while he's in the air isn't tough. You've got to be kidding me. That's not tough, that's cowardly. I'm beginning to think/hope you're joking. If anything, I perceive him as being less-tough than ever.

4. This isn't wrestling. You have a sick view on things. Flesh shouldn't be drawn when you're getting you *** handed to you and are about to get swept. Go out like a professional athlete and show some class. Don't embarrass yourself and your team. So you condone being a classless and poor loser? Sounds like it.

JIDsanity
05-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm not comparing it. Of course the sports aren't at all alike. Re-read the post if you're confused.

I'm just saying that if the possibility of getting a concussions means that a player "could have killed someone", then we need to be consistent with it. We never consider getting a concussion anywhere else as "almost dying". You can't say it for one sport if you don't say it for all other walks of life.

I'm just pointing out how ludicrous it is to say that "someone could have got a concussion, therefore they were almost killed".

I think you see my point now, though its clear we will never agree on the subject. However for what its worth there are a few other ways that Bynum could have injured him in a way that could have lead to paralyzation, or fatality. If you make a play on the ball like that you must brace the players fall.

mikealike305
05-09-2011, 12:03 PM
of course he should, and to lindystud36..... really? come on dude. im a wrester also. and i completely disagree with u. if u lose u lose with some sense of pride and respect. thats how my coach thought me anyway. u give it your all, if u need to be dirty be dirty but there is a line. and bynum crossed it. plus as a wrestler u wrestle ppl your own size. thats like a 160LBer doing a hip toss on 103LBer. just not right

Jaji
05-09-2011, 12:08 PM

:no:

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Well it looks like dbroncos ruined this thread.
as usual

StayOutOfTrees
05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Needs to be at least 10 games this time. He already pulled this exact same stunt vs Beasley earlier this year. It's becoming a pattern for him. Every time he does it after this he should get another 10+ games added on. So next time he should be suspended 20 games at least.

Cal827
05-09-2011, 12:16 PM

Couple things on this point. First of all, as Herman Edwards said, you play to win the game. A lot can happen in the remaining minutes. You don't know if someone or team will just all of a sudden get red hot. Terry hit a bunch of 3s in that game. Who's to say that Kobe wouldn't randomly go off on them if they took it easy? A 30 point lead can become a 5 point lead if teams aren't careful

Also, based on this point, you wouldn't have minded of someone on the Cavs viciously attacked Kobe with an elbow because the Lakers basically doubled up the Cavs in that game at the Staples center.

I just don't see how that's a tough play. Rondo playing with only one good arm is tough, that was just dirty lol

I'm not sure how many of you watch Hockey, but if you do, I think the name Matt Cooke would likely ring a bell. He's elbowed multiple players in the head (or went knee-on-knee with them). Is he considered tough? Nope, he's just plain dirty.

Ragan
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Especially given the size difference (7'0, 285 lbs vs. 6'0 175lbs) and the force of the foul, Bynum could've easily shortened Barea's career. This is not a guy who is a lock to make NBA rosters if healthy, so if serious damage was done to his ribs or shoulder or anything (thank god he didn't hit his head on the floor), he may have cost Barea millions of dollars in future contracts.

I would think a SERIOUS fine & suspension is in order. What a gutless, punk *** play. Bynum lost a LOT of respect in my eyes. Like other posters have commented, if you're going to do that, at least do it to Chandler or Haywood, you *****.

John Walls Era
05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
At least Odom apologized for smacking Dirk, Bynum did no such thing, which tells you all you need to know about him.

Bynum should get suspended for about 2-5 games. I can't see anymore than that.

NYgiantsnynk4lf
05-09-2011, 12:32 PM
yes!!! 2nd time he does this type of cheap play so i would suspend him for a longer amount of time 10 games at least!! NO CLASSSS!

giants73756
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
John Ireland is saying that Bynum "didn't get it" last night after the game. That's disconcerting. When your whole team is apologizing, and really going out of its way to do so, and you still don't "get it"...well, that's a little scary.

That really is scary. It seems like he feels what he did was a minor thing. The suspension and/or fine needs to be severe enough to make him learn from this.

JIDsanity
05-09-2011, 12:51 PM
At least Odom apologized for smacking Dirk, Bynum did no such thing, which tells you all you need to know about him.

Bynum should get suspended for about 2-5 games. I can't see anymore than that.

I dont even feel like what Odom did was that bad, if it was at the beginning of the game a tech would have been sufficient. Bynum was disgraceful

The Final Boss
05-09-2011, 12:54 PM
A Stern talking to. It was warranted.

JordansBulls
05-09-2011, 12:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38304

Hawkeye15
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
The actions of Bynum should cost him 10-12 games to start the season. Not only did he take out his frustration with a hard foul, but the way he acted following the foul, with his face, and ripping his jersey off, show complete disrespect to not only what he did, but to his teammates.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is sitting in street clothes to start the season on another team next year

SteBO
05-09-2011, 01:06 PM
^ JordanBulls, Bynum needs a big fine, and an acceptable suspension. That hit on poor JJ Barea(a lot of guys lick on him for some reason), was unacceptable. It needs to be way more than 5 games, because this is becoming frequent with Bynum now. If the league doesn't institute harsh penalty for Bynum now, he might never stop doing it.

SteBO
05-09-2011, 01:08 PM
And to Hawkeye15's point, the manner in which he left after the fact, showing no remorse needs to be taken into consideration by the Lakers FO, as well as the NBA's. I even saw Bryant chew him out for it. There's simply no place in basketball for that, PERIOD. The ultimate punk move, and it's disgusting.

King P
05-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Bynum is a punk and a sore loser. Not to mention a *****

I hope somebody Nancy Kerrigan's this guy. Have him on the floor screaming "why, why?!" like the little ***** he is.

AntiG
05-09-2011, 01:24 PM
For dirty plays like this it should be considered as throwing a punch, and should be enforced in the next playoff series they play in (as opposed to just the regular season), whenever that is.

It should be a 10-12 game suspension, with 5 of them served in the playoffs.

8kobe24
05-09-2011, 01:34 PM
He will face a hefty fine for his actions and showing no remorse for it. As for the suspension, probably no more that 5 games.

Rentzias
05-09-2011, 02:11 PM
For dirty plays like this it should be considered as throwing a punch, and should be enforced in the next playoff series they play in (as opposed to just the regular season), whenever that is.

It should be a 10-12 game suspension, with 5 of them served in the playoffs.

Except that the NBA can't guarantee that team will make the playoffs the following year. Wait. They can.

Coqui77
05-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey this is not the first time this *****-hole does this, I say suspend him for the whole season and send a message to the league that this will not be tolerated.
Luckily Berea did not get hurt too badly but someone could end up paralyzed from this type of *****.
But what if Berea would have gotten really hurt, then what?
How many more of these flagrant fouls is he going to commit until someone gets really hurt.
Kick his stupid-***** out of the NBA , it not like if he helped the lakers anyways (that injury prone p*ssy)

midwestmadman
05-09-2011, 02:28 PM
with the rules as they are and the fact that Horry got 2 games for his bump on Nash, then yes, this warrants about 3-5 games for next year. If this were the 80's and 90's he would just pay a fine, case closed.

AnalyzeNShoot
05-09-2011, 02:30 PM
He should be suspended like first 5 games of season and may a fine, but who knows stern might make an example outta him, remember the Micheal Beasely incident.

Johann
05-09-2011, 02:31 PM
4 games for the shove, and another 10 games for showing the Dallas faithful his man boobs

DodgerBlue24
05-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Bynum is a P**** plain and simple... He needs to have his @$$ Kicked thats a fact.... And for the guys saying that if it was Dwight Howard it wouldn't have even been called a foul is just dumb... Howard doesnt take cheap shots at anybody let alone someone a foot smaller then him.... Bynum is an embarressment to the game... What low class... P****!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

Lake_Show2416
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
:laugh2: you guys r funny in ur suspension ideas, suspending him the season??? 12 games??? I especially like the playoff suspension :laugh: since they know he's gonna be there in the playoffs for a fact next year... so stupid, it was dirty but c'mon be serious

he'll most likely get suspended no more then 1-5 games at the beginning of the regular season which doesn't matter anyways IMO cuz it's the beginning & also a possible fine

Reversed86Curse
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
They need to help this guy learn that he can't keep doing this; his behavior and attitude after the fact is absolutely atrocious. Dirtiest player in the league at the moment

Geargo Wallace
05-09-2011, 02:41 PM
I was rattled when I saw that. Bynum was one of the few ppl that I liked on the Lakers. Whatta punk move that was. He should get a bunch of games. He's lucky that JJ wasn't seriously hurt.

Baller1
05-09-2011, 03:04 PM
:laugh2: you guys r funny in ur suspension ideas, suspending him the season??? 12 games??? I especially like the playoff suspension :laugh: since they know he's gonna be there in the playoffs for a fact next year... so stupid, it was dirty but c'mon be serious

he'll most likely get suspended no more then 1-5 games at the beginning of the regular season which doesn't matter anyways IMO cuz it's the beginning & also a possible fine

It's the way he acted after that embarrassing hit on Barea. No apology, smug look on his face, taking his jersey off. He acted like a child, and he deserves any punishment he's got coming to him.

Luv Da New Pack
05-09-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't know why people are so upset with Andrew Bynum and his flagrant foul on Barea. He was only doing what he was taught and just felt was the right thing to do.

When the team captain, franchise player, and last years MVP tells you that such tactics are a way to "earn your stripes", you feel obligated to do so.

Of course, they will not do that in public and shun your actions because it makes them look good, but behind the scenes you know the team has your back.

I find it sickening how Kobe can sit there and say that there's no place for those type of plays and nobody wants to see that and people can get hurt... but when the exact same thing happened to Beasley he was like "I'm proud of him," Kobe Bryant said of Bynum. "He earned his stripes."

Same elbow, same landing, same ejection.

Kudos Bynum

NothingbutWill
05-09-2011, 03:27 PM
We'll never know what the punishment is until it is given but he should get the max suspension that fits his actions.

1) Intent to injure another player
2) Flagrant 2
3) Took off his jersey while still on the court.
4) Did not look remorseful when asked about the flagrant foul. Just said "They were embarrassing us so I wanted to foul someone".

Ray_R
05-09-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't know why people are so upset with Andrew Bynum and his flagrant foul on Barea. He was only doing what he was taught and just felt was the right thing to do.

When the team captain, franchise player, and last years MVP tells you that such tactics are a way to "earn your stripes", you feel obligated to do so.

Of course, they will not do that in public and shun your actions because it makes them look good, but behind the scenes you know the team has your back.

I find it sickening how Kobe can sit there and say that there's no place for those type of plays and nobody wants to see that and people can get hurt... but when the exact same thing happened to Beasley he was like "I'm proud of him," Kobe Bryant said of Bynum. "He earned his stripes."

Same elbow, same landing, same ejection.

Kudos Bynum

Maybe if it was a close game it would be a different story,but you don't do it when you are down 30 and the defending champions. You won like a champ shouldn't you at least lose with some dignity and respect.

NothingbutWill
05-09-2011, 03:32 PM
“For me, it was embarrassing having the smallest guy on the court keep running down the lane and then making shots,” Bynum said. “So I just fouled him.

Awesome way to dig yourself a deeper hole Bynum.

Luv Da New Pack
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
with the rules as they are and the fact that Horry got 2 games for his bump on Nash, then yes, this warrants about 3-5 games for next year. If this were the 80's and 90's he would just pay a fine, case closed.

See, but at least that was a body or hip check. This was an actual malicious lunge at an airborne player. He should get the hammer laid upon him. But, like I said, it's hard for me to see them raining down on him when these actions are promoted by the team.

Maybe they should do what they do in college and fine the franchise and a draft pick (a year of playoff eligibility would be the funniest thing I could see ever happening).

Cali4rnia
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
i am a lakers fan n i think that was a very cheap shot by bynum & odom. Being physical is one thing n being dirty is another.

Knickrocketsfan
05-09-2011, 03:50 PM
They need to help this guy learn that he can't keep doing this; his behavior and attitude after the fact is absolutely atrocious. Dirtiest player in the league at the moment

KG says hello

thawv
05-09-2011, 04:07 PM
Except that the NBA can't guarantee that team will make the playoffs the following year. Wait. They can.

Bwaaaaahaaaaaa!! You are so right. The NBA third behind, harness racing, and the WWE.

dtmagnet
05-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Somewhere in the 10-20 games minimum.

midwestmadman
05-09-2011, 04:36 PM
See, but at least that was a body or hip check. This was an actual malicious lunge at an airborne player. He should get the hammer laid upon him. But, like I said, it's hard for me to see them raining down on him when these actions are promoted by the team.

Maybe they should do what they do in college and fine the franchise and a draft pick (a year of playoff eligibility would be the funniest thing I could see ever happening).

I agree that Bynums foul was harder and more direct to cause harm, but JJ got back up and made the FT. Nash came up bloody. To compare to another recent suspension one could compare this to Charlie V and Ryan Hollins on the last game of the year. They got into an altercation even swang fist (though neither of these guys could fight their way out of a paper bag) afterwords CV goes to the vistors locker room tries to get at him, yelling that he is gonna kill him etc. I think that issue is worse than Bynums foul, and CV got 5 games and a fine. Perhaps Stern will make a slightly bigger suspension or fine here to set an example as this happened on national TV, but overall I think most of the fans on here are all going a bit overboard on this issue. No one got hurt, Bynum got ejected, and the Lakers lost the game. He'l get what's coming to him for sure. I don't condone what he did but I wish someone would do that to LeBron or Wade when they get going do the lane to teach them to stay out of the paint. Jordan had to go through that kind of abuse, and he took it like a man and kept going. The league protects it's players to much now, and they (the players) are getting soft. They would never make it in the NBA that was the 90's or even worse the 80's.

shep33
05-09-2011, 04:39 PM
he should get 10 games, people saying 50 are delusional.

Raph12
05-09-2011, 04:41 PM
5 games max IMHO...

IrespectNumber3
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
10 games because of priors

Super.
05-09-2011, 04:51 PM
anywhere from 10 - 20 games IMO

Luv Da New Pack
05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
I agree that Bynums foul was harder and more direct to cause harm, but JJ got back up and made the FT. Nash came up bloody. To compare to another recent suspension one could compare this to Charlie V and Ryan Hollins on the last game of the year. They got into an altercation even swang fist (though neither of these guys could fight their way out of a paper bag) afterwords CV goes to the vistors locker room tries to get at him, yelling that he is gonna kill him etc. I think that issue is worse than Bynums foul, and CV got 5 games and a fine. Perhaps Stern will make a slightly bigger suspension or fine here to set an example as this happened on national TV, but overall I think most of the fans on here are all going a bit overboard on this issue. No one got hurt, Bynum got ejected, and the Lakers lost the game. He'l get what's coming to him for sure. I don't condone what he did but I wish someone would do that to LeBron or Wade when they get going do the lane to teach them to stay out of the paint. Jordan had to go through that kind of abuse, and he took it like a man and kept going. The league protects it's players to much now, and they (the players) are getting soft. They would never make it in the NBA that was the 90's or even worse the 80's.

Are you saying that the penalty depends on if the person gets up? Sorry but that is one of the....not the smartest....thing I've heard. So, for example, if Bynum does it again and the guy happens to be paralyzed from the hit/fall, THEN he should really be hit hard? Not just him, anyone.

I will admit that I don't know if they have a penalty already in place for egregious acts but they should add some....but....in doing so I don't believe you can retroactively hold a player to it.

I think you misunderstand, when you go above and beyond like Charlie V did, you have to hit him even harder because it was waayyyyy after the fact. Some blame, in his instance, goes to the team and staff because, if he lacks control, then you have to protect him and the franchise by "securing" him.

Please don't get me started on the differences from now and the 80's/90's. A lot of people don't understand how these changes are not only effecting the quality of the games but the players also. You see guys who get touched.....complain....get "T's" when they are taught that they have to right to go where they want and can't be touched while doing it.

There only seem to be a few players who can raise their level and I feel would still be a force in the beautiful days of yesteryear.

Muttman73
05-09-2011, 05:15 PM
10 games ought to do it

Gormans Mic
05-09-2011, 05:34 PM
5 to 10 games....if I was in charge of it, it would be 10. The game was over, it was a classless act. As far I am concerned there was no other reason to do it other than to try to injure the other player. If its me 10 games...anything less than 5 imho is ridiculous. In comparison, the ejection and foul of Odom should get Odom a fine. It was a non basketball play that really only could have had one intent, which is to start an altercation. There was no intent to injure the other player. Thats how I would call it though. Everyone loses, and loses big at some point even defending champs...that happens, but the reactions of Odom and Bynum were embarrassing.

Reversed86Curse
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
KG says hello

The Bynum fouls are much more dirty than KG's cheap shots. Beasley and Barea are very lucky to not have gotten extremely hurt on those plays. KG has had some cheap shots, Bynum is just dirty

mdlr52192
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Bynum's punishment should be trading places with Odom and having to be the one that ****s Khloe Kardashian.

blahblahyoutoo
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
KG says hello

and KG should've gotten suspended for all of his shenanigans as well.

nycsports2
05-09-2011, 06:26 PM
10 games

CeeDub15
05-09-2011, 06:31 PM
The Bynum fouls are much more dirty than KG's cheap shots. Beasley and Barea are very lucky to not have gotten extremely hurt on those plays. KG has had some cheap shots, Bynum is just dirty

I agree. That shot on Beasley was pretty bad.

CeeDub15
05-09-2011, 06:34 PM
But seriously, he needs to be suspended foresure imo, he has done this a few times, and its just getting to be ridiculous.

rgr33
05-09-2011, 06:41 PM
I think someone should just break his kneecap.....

lols

StarJoe
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
He is a repeat offender, he showed no remorse, it was REALLY flagrant, and at this point, the league better make an example of him. If they don't and he seriously hurts someone next time, then the league itself would be vulnerable to a lawsuit, since they declined to take any serious action, and that lawsuit would have at least 8 zeroes in it. A suspension of 5 games would be a joke, and would not be seen as a deterrent by any court.

25 games minimum, 50 maximum.

SportsAndrew25
05-09-2011, 08:45 PM
What Bynum did warrants a 25 game suspension. He embarrassed his team, his team's fans, and more importantly, the league. If I were owner of the Lakers, I would probably cut him right after that game. To foul a guy that small in the manner that he did and then rip off his shirt while on the court after being ejected from the game is a classless act.

SportsAndrew25
05-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Bynum's punishment should be trading places with Odom and having to be the one that ****s Khloe Kardashian.:laugh:

king4day
05-09-2011, 08:50 PM
25-50 games is really silly. What he did was terrible but he didn't kill the guy.
Kerr was saying that he will probably get 5 games next year.

He's done it before (Batum) so he probably should get more to keep it from happening again.
I'd like to see 10 but realistically, he'll probably get the 5 games. It really is a lot from an NBA suspension standpoint.

The_Jamal
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM
It never would happen but he should be kicked out of basketball. I've never seen such a blatant attempt to seriously hurt another player. There's no justification for what he did other than be a thug and because he's a multi-million dollar athlete he'll get a 5-10 game suspension. Imagine, if you did the same thing in an office and attacked another co-worker and what the consequences would be.

jets-24
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
so bcuz jj didnt get hurt it doesnt warrant a long suspension yea that makes sense....

The_Jamal
05-09-2011, 08:53 PM
25-50 games is really silly. What he did was terrible but he didn't kill the guy.
Kerr was saying that he will probably get 5 games next year.

He's done it before (Batum) so he probably should get more to keep it from happening again.
I'd like to see 10 but realistically, he'll probably get the 5 games. It really is a lot from an NBA suspension standpoint.

Really? He purposefully set out to attack and harm another player. How does that not warrant a big suspension?

jets-24
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
It never would happen but he should be kicked out of basketball. I've never seen such a blatant attempt to seriously hurt another player. There's no justification for what he did other than be a thug and because he's a multi-million dollar athlete he'll get a 5-10 game suspension. Imagine, if you did the same thing in an office and attacked another co-worker and what the consequences would be.

this

exactly what ive been saying all day

StayOutOfTrees
05-09-2011, 09:16 PM
He has done the same thing twice within a two month period. It is not a hard foul, it is more like wait until the player is at the apex of their shooting motion and lay the shoulder and elbow into their chest not even going for the ball. That could be career ending injuries on the players he is doing it to. I would say 10 game suspension at the least.

Watch both the hits he put on Beasley and Barea. If you think he should only get a 3 game suspension or just a fine you are an idiot or a Laker homer.

Tragedy
05-10-2011, 12:12 AM
The guy is a no class piece of ****. Yes, he should be suspended. He should also be heavily fined. He wanted to get ejected, and then he took off his own teams jersey infront of his team and the crowd right on the court. That reeks of ***** right there.

I'd be embarrassed to root for that going forward.

hugepatsfan
05-10-2011, 12:13 AM
No **** he should be suspended. But this 50 game talk is over the top.

Tragedy
05-10-2011, 12:15 AM
:clap:

So.Freaking.True.

bigmac8675
05-10-2011, 03:29 AM
I'd give him a 10 game ban... I mean the way he went about it showed that it was 100% malicious and he had intent to hurt him. He didn't care about getting kicked out, he just wanted to be a bully and get "his one last shot" in before leaving for the season. He embarrassed not only himself, but his teammates, his coaches, the organization, and the fans.

10 game ban and a $250k mandatory donation to a cause of Barea's choice!

bklynny67
05-10-2011, 04:30 AM
let Barea ***** Bynum's mom or sister, or girlfriend if he has one. that would be good revenge.

shows the league that if u try something like that, your women get ******.

daleja424
05-10-2011, 07:24 AM
without a doubt... it is becoming a bit of a pattern with him and he needs to be broken of it. 5 games will take over half a million dollars out of his pocket (that ought to send the messege).

midwestmadman
05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Are you saying that the penalty depends on if the person gets up? Sorry but that is one of the....not the smartest....thing I've heard. So, for example, if Bynum does it again and the guy happens to be paralyzed from the hit/fall, THEN he should really be hit hard? Not just him, anyone.

I will admit that I don't know if they have a penalty already in place for egregious acts but they should add some....but....in doing so I don't believe you can retroactively hold a player to it.

I think you misunderstand, when you go above and beyond like Charlie V did, you have to hit him even harder because it was waayyyyy after the fact. Some blame, in his instance, goes to the team and staff because, if he lacks control, then you have to protect him and the franchise by "securing" him.

Please don't get me started on the differences from now and the 80's/90's. A lot of people don't understand how these changes are not only effecting the quality of the games but the players also. You see guys who get touched.....complain....get "T's" when they are taught that they have to right to go where they want and can't be touched while doing it.

There only seem to be a few players who can raise their level and I feel would still be a force in the beautiful days of yesteryear.

I never said it wasn't a big deal, I am just saying that people on the messege boards are making out to be the crime of the century. Look I am not a Lakers fan, and frankly I could careless if Bynum gets hemoriods every third Tuesday, but I know that I have seen many harder and malicious hits back when the league didn't cater players who are punk *****es. There have been many hard fouls and dirty plays this season and every season and this to me is no worse than any other incident. I would have to say though that if it can be proven that this order came from Phil Jackson or another member of the Lakers coaching staff than there could be a bigger issue, a player acting on his own will get a suspension and a fine, a player doing what he instructed by his "boss" he still gets punished but may get off lighter. Let's compare this to Karate Kid (the real one not the BS remake) Bobby of the Cobra Kai didn't dislike Daniel Son Larusso, but he swept the league because he had a bad leader, I don't blame Bobby! OR how about this one, if a man gives a chimp a gun and the chimp shoots someone would you blame the chimp?

lpdunks8
05-10-2011, 12:27 PM

The irony of your comment in this thread's context is that there was just an article on Bynum's engineering mind and his book smarts. Also, it was mentioned by a former H.S. teammate before that he has a great family.

He's not a thug. A thug robs, kills, uses gun play, etc.

I'm not sure how many people here have played basketball at a relatively high level. For those who haven't, you'd be surprised at things people say and how they act on the court. When you're 23, you can be set off by something or a confluence of things. I'm not saying it is right, but it happens.

lpdunks8
05-10-2011, 12:29 PM
btw this is what happens when people hypes too much the soft and tough b.s

nba should get completely rid of violence in the game and call every damm foul that is made.
play the ****ign game and deffend with speed and skill not with punches.
thats not being tough thats being dirty.

If they called every foul (by the book), Pau and Kobe would probably combine for 60-70ppg...LOL

Shalmibball
05-10-2011, 04:21 PM
He apologized I guess... took long enough

midwestmadman
05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Well now that he aplogized the healing can begin, there is no need to fine or suspend him now because he said he was sorry.... (sarcasim)

TylerSL
05-10-2011, 04:47 PM
yes, but dont go too crazy with it. JJ wasnt hurt, but he still needs to know he cant do that stuff. 5-10 game suspension and a fine to go with it, (if its a 5 game suspension probably like a 50,000 dollar fine, if its a 10 game suspension, probably a 20,000 dollar fine).

Also, I would give Odom like a 10,000 dollar fine as well. Nothing too much but to show that what he did was punishable and will make other players in these playoffs think twice before fighting/making unessesary fouls.

Nighthawk
05-10-2011, 04:50 PM
20 games to set a precedent.

my thoughts exactly. 20 doesn't feel too low or high. Perfect amount

RZZZA
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
I'd be perfectly fine with tossing Bynum out of the league as an example to others.

but a 10 game suspension sounds reasonable too

TylerSL
05-10-2011, 04:56 PM
^ personally, I would go with the 10 game suspension 20,000 dollar fine because he could have really injured JJ and deserves some punishment for it. However, I would be content with a 5 game susupension and 50,000 dollar fine.

Jewelz0376
05-10-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry but for the people saying 20 games..That is way too much..That's pretty much a quarter of the season...not to mention if the season is shortened it could almost be half the season...

JJ didn't get hurt and its' not like Bynum is the first big to give a hard foul to a guard driving the lane..I understand because of the circumstances it was worse...but 20 games??..come on

I think 10 is fine

TylerSL
05-10-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry but for the people saying 20 games..That is way too much..That's pretty much a quarter of the season...not to mention if the season is shortened it could almost be half the season...

JJ didn't get hurt and its' not like Bynum is the first big to give a hard foul to a guard driving the lane..I understand because of the circumstances it was worse...but 20 games??..come on

I think 10 is fine

add a fine to the 10 games and I agree with you completely. 20 games is way to much for this.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Suspensions + traded to the Cavs