PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson props thread

Jahari Kavi
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
LOL @ the last question in the press conference.....I really think it's done....Phil can be a jerk sometimes, but you gotta give the man his props......11 rings...nuff said.

E.O.21
05-08-2011, 06:44 PM
link anyone??,.,. what hapend?

Jahari Kavi
05-08-2011, 06:46 PM
The last reporter asked him this question that you couldn't even make out because of this heavy British accent......

J4KOP99
05-08-2011, 06:49 PM
What did Phil say?

Sportfan
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
People will discredit Phil for never taking on a bad team, nontheless he's got the golden fingers

Jahari Kavi
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
Phil just laughed and left, lol

gerber
05-08-2011, 06:59 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

KINDA sucks, lakers should have played better and won so he could have left on top..

No matter what he deserves some more :clap::clap::clap:

Kobes a Killer
05-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the memories Phil.

Everyones gonna say you only coached superstars... Who wouldn't want to?? If yall had the choice you would do it the exact same as he did

Fool
05-08-2011, 07:08 PM
The last reporter asked him this question that you couldn't even make out because of this heavy British accent......

Seriously? You couldn't understand what he said?

Phil Jackson to the Lakers in the locker room after the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_4Ct1yuEs

Crackadalic
05-08-2011, 07:11 PM
11 championships and 2 as a player. Nuff said

J4KOP99
05-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Seriously? You couldn't understand what he said?

Phil Jackson to the Lakers in the locker room after the game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_4Ct1yuEs

haha

JordansBulls
05-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I wished he had retired after last season, but oh well, he still the man.

Geargo Wallace
05-08-2011, 07:22 PM
One of the greatest. I'm gonna' miss the Zen Master.

tbone2171
05-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Never liked the arrogant prick..Glad he is gone.

justinnum1
05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
stern gets the last laugh

JJ_JKidd
05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Good luck Phil! Will definitely miss ya!

Jaji
05-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Props to the Zen Master, one of my favorite NBA personalities of all time. Is he the greatest coach of all time? No. Not even close IMO. Most successful indeed. 11 ships in 21 years is unfathomable. He won titles more than 50% of the time. But when you consider the talent he always had, he actually underachieved b/c he should have won more than 11.

BKdoubleStacker
05-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Props to the Zen Master, one of my favorite NBA personalities of all time. Is he the greatest coach of all time? No. Not even close IMO. Most successful indeed. 11 ships in 21 years is unfathomable. He won titles more than 50% of the time. But when you consider the talent he always had, he actually underachieved b/c he should have won more than 11.

if he is not close to being the greatest of all time, then name me 3 coaches who are better.

Jaji
05-09-2011, 02:09 AM
if he is not close to being the greatest of all time, then name me 3 coaches who are better.

Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, Red Auerbach

Jaji
05-09-2011, 02:12 AM
He never coached one season in the NBA without one of the top 2 players in the game... or both. I would have liked to see him coach with an average roster.

What?
05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
link anyone??,.,. what hapend?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAmPd-NeYS0

:laugh2:

Baller1
05-09-2011, 02:23 AM
Never liked the arrogant prick..Glad he is gone.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

mark1125
05-09-2011, 07:40 AM
He will be back. He will let things play out in Miami and when the mesh together and are ready for a title run, he will announce "he wants to return".

He will hitch his wagon to the next big thing.

What makes me laugh is that most fans are saying that Phil is the biggest thing ever to hit basketball, but never coached teams without elite players. On the flip side, the same fans rip LeBron for going to Miami since he can't win on his own.

I agree Phil is a great coach, but one has to wonder how he would have fared with average teams.

Bulls_fan90
05-09-2011, 08:19 AM
He never coached one season in the NBA without one of the top 2 players in the game... or both. I would have liked to see him coach with an average roster.

And your point? Should he have walked out on MJ and Kobe to help improve his legacy? He won 11 rings, enough said.
Love you Colonel Sanders. Sucks he had to go out like this.

mustaine
05-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm telling you all right now that he'll be in NYC next season if he decides to go on... people keep talking about the Heat but I don't see that happening. If Spo goes then look for Riley to step in again.

mttwlsn16
05-09-2011, 09:00 AM
congrats i guess? winning with MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Kobe, Shaq, Gasol, Fish...can you say eric spoelstra?

Sly Guy
05-09-2011, 10:12 AM
congrats i guess? winning with MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Kobe, Shaq, Gasol, Fish...can you say eric spoelstra?

lol.

Tarheels23
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM

I agree 100%, well said.

Lenny Wilkens, Larry Brown, Red Auerbach

And you can take it a step further and include guys like Dean Smith, John Wooden, Coach K etc...

Jaji
05-09-2011, 11:13 AM
And your point? Should he have walked out on MJ and Kobe to help improve his legacy? He won 11 rings, enough said.
Love you Colonel Sanders. Sucks he had to go out like this.

My point? :laugh2: My point is that he's not as great some people without much basketball knowledge think he is.

Jaji
05-09-2011, 11:13 AM
And you can take it a step further and include guys like Dean Smith, John Wooden, Coach K etc...

Yeah but he only said 3 :laugh2:.

Max Power
05-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Aurebach coached more Hall of Famers than Phil.

And won fewer championships.

Jaji
05-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Aurebach coached more Hall of Famers than Phil.

And won fewer championships.

Auerbach took over a sub .500 team and built them up into champions. Jackson took over a playoff team with the best player in the game just as he entered his prime. Then did it again only the 2nd time he had the 2 best players in the game at the time.

Jaji
05-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Phil Jackson's motto: "I'll take it from here."

And I love Phil. Just NO WAY he's the GOAT.

BravoKnights
05-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Farewell to the Greatest-The Zen Master

Was it the right way to call it a career? No. Should the greatest coach in all of sports history have been sent off into the sunsets of Montana with that kind of outing? Absolutely not. But what happened, happened.
I can sit here and discuss Phil Jackson's last NBA game, and I use the word last very lightly, but last night means NOTHING when it comes to the career of the Zen Master.

Let us reflect:

-20 NBA coaching season
-13 NBA finals appearances
-11 NBA titles as a coach
-1 coach of the year (which I find hard to believe)
-never had a losing season in his coaching career
-highest winning percentage among all Hall of Fame coaches

Those are just the numbers and accomplishment in the his lucrative career.

Phil Jackson brought more than just numbers to the Bulls and the Lakers. He brought leadership, he brought philosophy and intellect to his players. He was able to coach the best of the best players and guide them to the top of the basketball world. Many have criticized his accomplishments, because he always had the best players on his teams, which you can't argue, but he was able to lead those players to a title not one time, but ELEVEN times (3 three-peats, and one repeat).

Phil Jackson, the Zen Master, the greatest coach of all time of ANY sport. The basketball world will not be the same without you.

Thank you for the joy you have brought not only Los Angeles and Chicago, but to every basketball fan around the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you...I can not say it enough.

I hope one day you will make your way back to basketball. It wouldn't matter if it was coaching, a front-office position, etc., as long as you grace us sports fans with your presence.

-Sako Adajian

hugepatsfan
05-09-2011, 11:52 PM
Why does Phil Jackson having more rings than Red automatically make him the GOAT, but then that same Laker fan will argue that the Lakers as a franchise are better then BOS despite having one less ring...

And I don't really have a stance on either issue. As a 19 year old, I don't like to really comment on "all time" arguments because I'm really just giving out someone else's opinion based off of what I've read rather than a unique perspective. I just find that double standard a bit comical.

Lake_Show2416
05-10-2011, 12:50 AM
Thanks for everything Phil, GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

p.s. "You don’t smoke peyote"

Kevj77
05-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Auerbach took over a sub .500 team and built them up into champions. Jackson took over a playoff team with the best player in the game just as he entered his prime. Then did it again only the 2nd time he had the 2 best players in the game at the time.When Red took over the Celtics there were only 8 teams in the NBA and no free agency. Think of it this way even if you won the NBA championship you got the 8th, 16th and 24th pick in todays draft. His best trade ever was literally trading the Ice Capades for Bill Russell, if don't believe me look it up.

I'm not saying Phil is better Red was more than a caoch he was a GM, but I don't think you can really compare them because the two eras were just so different.

Bos_Sports4Life
05-10-2011, 09:44 PM
When Red took over the Celtics there were only 8 teams in the NBA and no free agency. Think of it this way even if you won the NBA championship you got the 8th, 16th and 24th pick in todays draft. His best trade ever was literally trading the Ice Capades for Bill Russell, if don't believe me look it up.

I'm not saying Phil is better Red was more than a caoch he was a GM, but I don't think you can really compare them because the two eras were just so different.

Both coaches won titles had an extremely high pace when given elite talent, What separates these 2 men imo is that Red Built his teams when he was coach/GM and than later on as GM, He built 3 different era's of champions.

Either way, Both are legendary coaches and prob the 2 coaches in the History of the NBA

Also, A lot of people/sources mention the C's only traded the capades for Russell, But they also traded Macauley and Hagen (both nba hof'ers). Either way, The trade vaulted the celtcs too a great dynasty that saw 11 banners in 13 yrs.

The more lopsided trade imo was when Red traded the 1st/13th picks for the 3rd pick and Parrish, with the 3rd pick the c's drafted Mchale. So it was basically Parrish/Mchale for Joe berry carrol and Rickey Brown.