PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Bandwagon fans....

Gators123
05-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Which team will you root for now? Celtics, Heat, Mavs, Bulls??

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
in before lock

ManRam
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
A) When your team loses, in my opinion it's 100% OK to pick another team to cheer for. You can't tell me you watch all these games and have absolutely no rooting interests. So you don't have to be a "bandwagon fan" to root for a different team.

B) I'm rooting for Dallas and Miami from here on out. I prefer them to the other teams in their respective conferences...but am not, and never would say I am, a fan of those teams.

iggypop123
05-08-2011, 06:32 PM
i dont see how anyone can root against memphis right now.

mzgrizz
05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
!

mzgrizz
05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Which team will you root for now? Celtics, Heat, Mavs, Bulls??

E) None of the above

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
mavs and grizzs playing the best basketball. heat is playing some of the worst basketball, everything is from outside and you can't win with that style.

Kashmir13579
05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
whoever comes out of the Celtics Heat series.

koreancabbage
05-08-2011, 06:42 PM
well i like both the Raps, Lakers and Heats (cuz of Wade, but addition of Lebron makes it better- however I hate Bosh as a player [as well as Amare- both of them too overhyped for the lack of achievements from both])

and I like cheering for the underdogs in some cases i.e. Memphis. I'm cheering for Miami, but I think Dallas might take it all.

and i don't like Chicago due to the lovefest of Rose by PSD posters here lol. but Chicago could win it all within the next 3-5 years....if Miami wasn't around. and if they didn't get Boozer.

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Chicago, Illinois will be the next bandwagon.

Sportfan
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
pretty sure everyone's choice will be the two teams in the other western conference matchup. I know that would be my two if the Celtics weren't in

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 06:44 PM
i thought we went over this, they all went to miami after free agency

Sixerlover
05-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Since before the season I've wanted the Heat to win the title if (when) the Sixers get knocked out. And I stand by that. All that hate over the summer was looney, and made me actually want them to win a ring even more.

rwynyc
05-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I want dirk, and kidd to get a ring

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I want dirk, and kidd to get a ring

im kinda with this

gotoHcarolina52
05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
The NBA playoffs should model itself after ancient times: to the victor, the spoils. Instead of women and gold, the winner should get the support of the defeated team's fans.

DJYankee
05-08-2011, 06:51 PM
To keep me interested in this year NBA (Since my Knicks got eliminated) I am rooting for the underdog Memphis!

Dash
05-08-2011, 06:56 PM
The NBA playoffs should model itself after ancient times: to the victor, the spoils. Instead of women and gold, the winner should get the support of the defeated team's fans.

Definition of a Bandwagon fan.

Like wtf is that even supposed to mean

FlashMacker
05-08-2011, 06:57 PM
i dont see how anyone can root against memphis right now.

I kind of want them to win the whole thing because that would be cool to see the 8 seed win it all

Kobes a Killer
05-08-2011, 06:58 PM
mavs and grizzs playing the best basketball. heat is playing some of the worst basketball, everything is from outside and you can't win with that style.

Jason Terry and Peja disagree

Kobes a Killer
05-08-2011, 06:59 PM

So I'm not allowed to root for anyone because the Lakers are out??

RZZZA
05-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Bulls fans have been taking mental notes, we're not allowing any bandwagoners that jocked the Heat all season long

Tanakid777
05-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Jason Terry and Peja disagree

No they wouldn't. They got their looks off dribble penetration. Inside out, thanks to Kidd and Barea getting into the lane

gotoHcarolina52
05-08-2011, 07:13 PM

It means--root for the team that beat you to win it all that way your defeat will not look nearly as bad.

Bulls fans have been taking mental notes, we're not allowing any bandwagoners that jocked the Heat all season long

I wouldn't worry about that, bro. Bulls are going nite nite sooner than you think.

Baller1
05-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I'll be rooting for the winner of the Miami/Boston series if OKC is eliminated.

JDink24
05-08-2011, 07:25 PM
76ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

j11430
05-08-2011, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about that, bro. Bulls are going nite nite sooner than you think.

Oh thank you for your insight, I hadn't heard that 1,000 times from all the other Heat/Magic/Boston fans...

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 07:37 PM

How could you say the heat playing the worst? I'm obviously not a heat fan, but even I wouldn't say something that far out in left field.

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2011, 07:54 PM
If memphis got elimated i would root for Dallas. I like to see great players get rings and Jason Kidd and Dirk Nowitzki arent getting any younger

KnicksR4Real
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
dirk and kidd need theirs!

Preacher
05-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Anyone, but the Heat.

Hawkeye15
05-08-2011, 08:06 PM
its not being a bandwagon fan, to pull for a team after yours is either out of the playoffs, or never made it in. There is such a thing as being a "basketball" fan as well. Look, I knew my Wolves were out of the playoffs by game 10. Does that mean I should now just not care about any other team? There are teams I dislike, and teams I like. Sure there is only one i LOVE, but I guarantee you ever Laker fan out there is now pulling for one of the teams left, because they are basketball fans. Same goes for any fan of a team eliminated, or a team that didn't make the playoffs.

To answer the question, I have said it before. Miami is who I am pulling for.

mttwlsn16
05-08-2011, 08:10 PM
uh, since the clipps are out :( im rooting for grizzlies vs hawks

Piercefan34
05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
ya like honestly its not bandwaggoning as long as you don't claim to have been a fan from day 1. you can root for another team to win it and be happy for them and what not.

this being said, if boston gets KO'd then i want OKC or Memphis (whoever wins) cause theyre exciting and i hate the Heat and not a fan of the Bulls. now that the Lakers got embarrassed its not as big a deal as long as ITS NOT MIAMI.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

Arch Stanton
05-08-2011, 08:21 PM
I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Miami. However if I had to chose maybe Memphis. I'm all about rooting for the under dog.

Yankeefan213
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Rooting for a different team when the team you normally root for is already out of the playoffs is not being a "bandwagon fan."

In my case, I am a Knicks fan, but I would like to see Dallas win it all mainly because I just want to see Dirk get a ring to top off his already brilliant career.

Kevj77
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I don't have any team to root for now that the Lakers are eliminated. Only teams I will root against the Mavs and Heat. So I guess I'm a hater not a bandwagoner.

gotoHcarolina52
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh thank you for your insight

Anytime, babez. :love:

JordansBulls
05-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Since before the season I've wanted the Heat to win the title if (when) the Sixers get knocked out. And I stand by that. All that hate over the summer was looney, and made me actually want them to win a ring even more.

The Heat winning is bad for the NBA, because then it supports the idea of superteams.

Piercefan34
05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
The Heat winning is bad for the NBA, because then it supports the idea of superteams.

this. i think we'll start to see players take pay cuts to go to better teams now like dwight. which sucks.

NBA-GMaster
05-08-2011, 10:19 PM
you forgot Memphis!!

Mudvayne91
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM
E) None of the above

F) Memphis

Eagles4Lyfe
05-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Chicago, Illinois will be the next bandwagon.

:laugh: You mean derrick rose is the next bandwagon

tyfreaks brotha
05-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Mavs

believeinNYK
05-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Rooting for the Mavs
But I'll be good as long as the heat don't win

mzgrizz
05-09-2011, 12:20 AM
its not being a bandwagon fan, to pull for a team after yours is either out of the playoffs, or never made it in. There is such a thing as being a "basketball" fan as well. Look, I knew my Wolves were out of the playoffs by game 10. Does that mean I should now just not care about any other team? There are teams I dislike, and teams I like. Sure there is only one i LOVE, but I guarantee you ever Laker fan out there is now pulling for one of the teams left, because they are basketball fans. Same goes for any fan of a team eliminated, or a team that didn't make the playoffs.

:speechless:

mzgrizz
05-09-2011, 12:24 AM
uh, since the clipps are out :( im rooting for grizzlies vs hawks

:clap::clap::clap:

mzgrizz
05-09-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't really care who wins as long as it's not Miami. However if I had to chose maybe Memphis. I'm all about rooting for the under dog.

:)

meloman1592
05-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Celtics and Grizzlies

Arch Stanton
05-09-2011, 12:28 AM
:speechless:

It seems like a lot of Mods are Heat supporters.

mzgrizz
05-09-2011, 12:29 AM
you forgot Memphis!!

I guess Memphis is still under the radar.............:rolleyes:

John Walls Era
05-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I want to Heat to win.

All of the other teams have players who I like (Rondo, Battier/Gasol, Westbrook/KD/Ibaka, Dirk), but overall I'm not a fan of the other teams.

Stuckey#3
05-09-2011, 12:31 AM
Above all I am rooting for the Pistons to get a top three pick in the lottery...

But besides that I am pulling for Memphis. It's been a while since a small market team made this much noise in the playoffs. And I like their demeanor. They are tough; but not dirty and they play with heart. They really remind me of the Detroit squads of '03-'06.

Stuckey#3
Fear the Griz!

mzgrizz
Celtics and Grizzlies

Cooooooooooooooooooooooool:cool:

mzgrizz
05-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Above all I am rooting for the Pistons to get a top three pick in the lottery...

But besides that I am pulling for Memphis. It's been a while since a small market team made this much noise in the playoffs. And I like their demeanor. They are tough; but not dirty and they play with heart. They really remind me of the Detroit squads of '03-'06.

Yep, they are similar teams; lots of heart and determination and don't buy into the ME thing

gotoHcarolina52
05-09-2011, 01:28 AM
It seems like a lot of Mods are Heat supporters.

As ironic as it may be, sometimes all the hate and vitriol makes you root for the hated.

ohreally
05-09-2011, 01:28 AM
Definitely hoping for a Grizzlies vs Boston finals, and I think it would be epic. I would then be pulling for the Grizz, but even though I'm a Knick fan I have a great deal of respect for the Celtics' Big 4. As Clyde said tonight the Celts really play like the 70s Knicks in that they don't care who does the scoring. And I still think Pierce, despite the talent disparity (no slight to Paul), is the closest to MJ in terms of will-to-win, and Rondo's no slouch un that department either.

After those two, I'd have to go with the Mavs, because it would be nice to see Dirk and Kidd get a ring, and I just thought it was a real disservice to the Mavs for so many people saying the Lakers could and even would win the series even after they went down 0-3. The Mavs are a good team. If it wasn't for the fact that they play in Dallas I'd probably like them even more (sorry, just being truthful).

OKC is OK, but though they are good, I don't like the hype, and frankly, though I have respect for Durant in many ways, including his talent, I didn't like the smirk he gave when he was asked about the Lakers being down 0-3--since it seemed to be dismissing the Grizz and Mavs, and I think both of those teams are better than OKC.

The Bulls don't grab me in any way. Rose is quick and athletic, but as far as I'm concerned there is way too much made of physical skills over basketball skills. Rose does have basketball skills, but at least at this point it's his physical skills that stand out.

And as others have said, Miami winning would just make the superteam thing an even bigger trend, and that's not good for basketball. I do like Wade, but while it's true that I don't think there was anything near what Bynum did to Barrea, I also don't think his jumping into Rondo and pulling him to the floor was "just" playoff basketball. It was unnecessary and risked injuring Rondo, which actually happened. Since there was no play on the ball it should have been a flagrant. Since LeBron has just about plainly said that Miami is going to have to play tougher I hope the league and the refs pay attention to this.

BlondeBomber41
05-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Peja Stojakovic, Shawn Marion, Tyson Chandler. How can anyone not wanna see these guys win a NBA Title? All classy players who work hard, keep their mouths shut, and have been there but just haven't quite reached the pinnacle. They deserve it more than any other team.

icej
05-09-2011, 02:10 AM

X100 Agree!

jerellh528
05-09-2011, 02:12 AM
anyone besides heat, bulls, celtics...because i have too many friends that would shove that in my face lol

GrandDaddyPurp
05-09-2011, 02:16 AM
I want Bibby or Peja to get a ring because I'm a homer Kings fan.

Lakers + Giants
05-09-2011, 02:20 AM
Go Memphis!

Go NOTboston!

icej
05-09-2011, 02:29 AM

There are two kinds of "bandwagoner" this year, those who quickly jumped to be with the miami heat fan base, those who quickly jumped to join the instant heat hater club.

PS: Not all PSD posters are US citizens, some of us don't care about your so called "City Loyalties" yet love watching the NBA as a basketball fanatic, so its unfair to brand every new posters as one. -- I will be loyal to MJ as a player always though.

I will root for, Miami Heat, Dallas, Memphis in that order.

D-Block21-Chito
05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
5 pages of comments not 1 single person rooting for bulls after their team got knocked out. Kinda interesting... Lotta Hate. Is it becuase of the team or the fanbase?

ChicagoRox
05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
5 pages of comments not 1 single person rooting for bulls after their team got knocked out. Kinda interesting... Lotta Hate. Is it becuase of the team or the fanbase?

We all know it's due to the fanbase.

Tarheels23
05-09-2011, 10:32 AM
If I was a Lakers fan, I would be a Memphis fan for the next month

spartanbear
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I get it. So you're not a bandwagon hopper if you're team is bumped and you root for another team or you're from an area in the states (or across the water) so your loyalty isn't determined by geography. In those cases as a basketball fan you root for who you root for. Ok fine no gripes from this guy.

Here's what I don't get though...

As a fan of the game and not of a specific team why is it that folks come on here spewing diaherra of the fingers for pages and pages, arguing points where your words simply have no bearing on the outcome? Why not just enjoy the games? Why argue for pages about what teams going to win the title or who's not good enough or why such and such is overrated/underrated? Your statements are irrelevant. They have no bearing on the outcome of the games. As a fan of the sport wouldn't just make more sense to enjoy the games rather than spend such a glut of time arguing over foolishness? It's difficult to even have a honest, thoughtful, and intriguing conversation around here without it exploding into a flame-fest.

Personally I'm a bulls fan or bust. I root bulls or root nothing. Am I interested in the outcome of the other games? Sure. Would I break an appointment for any team other than the bulls? Nope.

If the bulls get bumped I'd like to see Kidd get a ring or the Grizz become champs from the 8th seed but I'm not going to argue about it. In which case I think you're a bandwagoner. Just enjoy the games folks. It's fun to watch. No?

Rentzias
05-09-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't root for teams other than my team. But if my team is out (which it usually is), I just root against the success of another team. Mmmmm, Haterade.

Crackadalic
05-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Part of me want Memphis to win it all because it be cool for a 8th seed small market team to win a chip but I really want to mavs to win because J-kidd deserves a ring

AIMelo=KillaDUO
05-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Since the Knicks are out... I'd like to see the Champions in this order.

Heat
Chicago
Thunder
Bulls
Grizzlies
Mavs
Celtics

StriveGreatness
05-09-2011, 12:37 PM
Go HEAT

Slimsim
05-09-2011, 01:52 PM