PDA

View Full Version : What should LAL do this offseason to remain a contender?

Rafer17
05-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Its too bad because they have a championship core/team, but clearly something isn't working. I'm guessing one of the big men is going to leave (Gasol,Bynum,Odom)..

Thoughts?

Hellcrooner
05-08-2011, 07:29 PM
get a point guard, get a bench.

Hustlenomics
05-08-2011, 07:31 PM
that's up to mitch [/kobe]

The Jokemaker
05-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Bring back Phil Jackson

Hellcrooner
05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Bring back Phil Jackson

no, he is no longer able to coach the team.

totheights
05-08-2011, 07:34 PM
4 replies in and no "Get Dwight" yet?

daboywonder2002
05-08-2011, 07:39 PM
first, u gotta ask yourself. which team is the real lakers? the 2 time defending champs or the ones who just got swept by the mavs. sometimes there's just that one team you dont matchup with. but you can beat everyone else.

I dont think they need any major changes though. the front court is fine. everyone is still pretty young. gasol did have a bad series but i wouldnt ship him out because of it.

Backcourt needs help. They need guys who can shoot, attack the rim and play defense. (iggy can do 2 out of the 3). but hell artest cant shoot either. Fisher has to go to the bench.

Kobe can no longer be THAT GUY. im just not sure his ego will allow him to pass the torch. I think a guy like bynum just has to take the lead role. Kobe has to learn how to play off bynum, dwight howard or whoever the new LEAD GUY IS. Not them playing off Kobe. Kobe has to become the secondary guy. He cannot cannot lead you to a championship anymore.

RaiderLakersA's
05-08-2011, 07:41 PM
You can probably move this to the Lakers forum.

idrinkpepsi
05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Get a point guard.

JerseysFinest
05-08-2011, 07:48 PM
1. Younger, more athletic point
2. Pill that makes Pau Gasol more aggressive
2a. Find Pau a new girlfriend (apparently that's why he's playing bad). I hear Rihanna's single
3. Add youth and more athletic players
4. Promote Brian Shaw as head coach
5. If Dwight becomes available, get him

kinnikuman24
05-08-2011, 07:53 PM
younger means rebuilding and time to gel and it looks like we're a few pieces away from a championship team. a good fast point guard, and someone that can get their own shot, because if you lay off the lakers and double kobe just dare someone else to beat you, you can beat these lakers. lamar and pau are way to timid to be your second scoring option. maybe tony parker?

RaidersLakers24
05-08-2011, 07:54 PM
first, u gotta ask yourself. which team is the real lakers? the 2 time defending champs or the ones who just got swept by the mavs. sometimes there's just that one team you dont matchup with. but you can beat everyone else.

I dont think they need any major changes though. the front court is fine. everyone is still pretty young. gasol did have a bad series but i wouldnt ship him out because of it.

Backcourt needs help. They need guys who can shoot, attack the rim and play defense. (iggy can do 2 out of the 3). but hell artest cant shoot either. Fisher has to go to the bench.

Kobe can no longer be THAT GUY. im just not sure his ego will allow him to pass the torch. I think a guy like bynum just has to take the lead role. Kobe has to learn how to play off bynum, dwight howard or whoever the new LEAD GUY IS. Not them playing off Kobe. Kobe has to become the secondary guy. He cannot cannot lead you to a championship anymore.

WTF are you talking about? Kobe can and still and will be that guy for the lakers atleast 2-3 more years! Even if Dwight comes he will be the 2nd option! Btw I think the triangle is trash I think we need to have an offense that revolves around alot the pick and roll because that's when Kobe and pau/drew are more successful! Imagine Kobe and Dwight in a pick and roll situation? Omg!!

210Don
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
get dwight

RaiderLakersA's
05-08-2011, 07:58 PM
First, the team needs to hire a new coach. An experienced coach who knows how to integrate our talent in an era of the declining superstar.

Second, the team needs to rest. No offseason competition for Pau, Odom, or Kobe. I don't care if an Olympic medal is on the line, let someone else take your spot.

Third, add Chris Paul.

Fourth, purge and build a bench.

Fifth, add a pure scorer. Someone who can nail the shot from the barn five miles down the road.

Gootie42
05-08-2011, 08:00 PM
WTF are you talking about? Kobe can and still and will be that guy for the lakers atleast 2-3 more years! Even if Dwight comes he will be the 2nd option! Btw I think the triangle is trash I think we need to have an offense that revolves around alot the pick and roll because that's when Kobe and pau/drew are more successful! Imagine Kobe and Dwight in a pick and roll situation? Omg!!

[/B]

:facepalm:

hotpotato1092
05-08-2011, 08:06 PM
They need a point guard who can play defense and penetrate. Kidd/Barea torched them because Fisher is a corpse. CP3 obliterated them last round. They need someone to defend point guards. Also, Kobe is really a jump shooter at this point. They need someone who can get to the basket and get to the line.

SP17
05-08-2011, 08:07 PM
LAkers forum?

Rafer17
05-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I think the biggest question for the Lakers management is the decision to rebuild or reload and grasp for that last championship. Clearly, Kobe is in decline and without PJ, who knows what will happen...

justinnum1
05-08-2011, 08:08 PM
younger pg and sf

get a decent bench, doesnt have to be great, but at least better than what they have, their bench disappeared in the semis

THE MTL
05-08-2011, 08:16 PM
If the Lakers want to remain a contender, they should do NOTHING! So many times, teams have a disappointing post-season and completely destroy the team. They should relax, they are only 1 season away from a championship.

They are still title contenders and will be next year as well (eventhough next yr is def the last year).

John Walls Era
05-08-2011, 08:19 PM
no, he is no longer able to coach the team.

Mainly coaching Kobe.

I think the Lakers should at least shop Kobe around. (I DONT MEAN TRADE THE GUY, just look at offers).

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2011, 08:23 PM
This Lakers team is STILL VERY GOOD!!!!! People forget how many great teams have been swept out of the playoffs and suffered huge first round-setbacks and have even missed the playoffs, and gone on to win it all with the same core. To say the current core isnt working is just plain ignorance. It is impossible to win it all every year. Making four straight finals appearances is hard, but just because LA didnt do it this year, doesnt mean their core cant do it. In fact, we all know they CAN!!!! They have done it for the last three years!

There is no need to blow up a championship team. Kobe/Gasol/Odom/Bynum/Artest makes for a great core and with Brown, Barnes and Blake on the bench, they have some real talent coming it to give guys a rest. Will a move for Howard help? Sure? Howard would be a huge help for any team, but the Lakers already have what they need to compete for a title on their current roster.

They will likely have to find a new coach, but the very best coaches will line up to have the kind of talent that LA has on their rosters. That is a fact. And the Lakers have the draft, the MLE, the bi-anual MLE and vet minimums to bring in some guys to help. And they have tradable pieces (if Orlando is under pressure to move Howard, they may be very eager to pick up Bynum and soem draft picks if LA will also absorb Arenas's contract).

I posted a thread about this already, but people really need to look back on the history of the NBA and take a long view on this. There is a reason why SA and LA posted such great records this year: because they are great teams. But the league is all about momentum, and Memphis just caught on fire, as has Dallas, as did Atlanta and Chicago and Miami, which is why these teams have been winning.

Everybody just needs to CTFD and look at how much talent is on this Lakers squad. When you really look at it, you will realize, this organization has no need to panic. Magic and Bird have both been swept out of the playoffs, and have both returned for said sweeps to win multiple NBA titles. Kobe/Gasol and co. can do the same. They are simply that good. But nobody, not even Russell's Celtics were good enough to win it EVERY year.

SP17
05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Mainly coaching Kobe.

I think the Lakers should at least shop Kobe around. (I DONT MEAN TRADE THE GUY, just look at offers).

who in their right mind would take that monstrous contract..and he is declining and getting older and signed for 3 more years..

I think LA should just improve the bench..stick with Kobe and go on with their plan after 3 yrs when they got nobody under contract..

JasonJohnHorn
05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
If the Lakers want to remain a contender, they should do NOTHING! So many times, teams have a disappointing post-season and completely destroy the team. They should relax, they are only 1 season away from a championship.

They are still title contenders and will be next year as well (eventhough next yr is def the last year).

:clap:
Excellent post. At least some fans have the common sense not to over react to one disapointing post season and take the long view. You are so right, this LA team still has the pieces it needs to win it all next year, and the year after that without having to overhaul their roster.

shep33
05-08-2011, 08:49 PM
More than anything they need to rest... they looked exhausted not only today, but this season. They have played 4 seasons in the past 3 years, which is disgusting. And lets not forget, during this run the Lakers starters carried them, their bench was awful, too many minutes for those guys.

Next they need a new pg, Fish has done us well, but its time for him to step down. Barnes and Brown are probably gone, so that gives them some more room to do fix a pretty bad bench.

If the Howard thing comes around, they should seriously look into it, if not, I don't think its a big concern. Bynum is getting better and better.

believeinNYK
05-08-2011, 08:50 PM
Get better bench guys and shooters, upgrade at pg, Pau needs to get tougher

Get Dwight.

Rapsjaysleafs
05-08-2011, 08:54 PM
They need to play 82 games as a team.
Not try half the games, play 100% for 2 quarters, then expect to turn in on come playoff time.

Play hard the full season

John Walls Era
05-08-2011, 08:54 PM
who in their right mind would take that monstrous contract..and he is declining and getting older and signed for 3 more years..

I think LA should just improve the bench..stick with Kobe and go on with their plan after 3 yrs when they got nobody under contract..

Still rather have him than say Gilbert Arenas. Kobe's contract is bad, but hes still a good player.

Wilson
05-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Honestly, I don't think we need that many changes. I think we just need to re-focus, re-energize and possibly change the way we play (Kobe has to start becoming more of a facilitator than scorer).

A lot of guys had miserable times in the play-offs but for the most part I think they'll be fine next season. Pau will be. Once Andrew learns to deal with his frustration I think he'll be fine. Steve Blake is a good point guard and as a starter he can be free to spot up and play defense - he'll be fine.

Small forward is interesting (and worrying) because I don't know if we can continue with Ron there. I love what he has done for the Lakers over the last two years (for the most part), but we need a guy who can consistently hit threes, and some young legs would be very handy. A guy who can play a lot of minutes at SF and back-up Kobe at SG would be ideal. Who that is, I have no idea right now (still dealing with the shellacking we received :sigh).

The bench will need a lot of work, it's basically just going to be Lamar again. I don't know if Barnes will be kept around. I don't know if Ron's game really translates to a bench role. I love Fisher to death but he's just aged so much, I think his role has to be more of a player-coach - not too many minutes but a real presence in practice.

So we might need new back-ups everywhere except PF, but I don't think we're in as bad a way as a lot of people think we are. I really believe it's just a matter of focus and energy - two things which are bound to be lost when you go to three straight Finals, with two straight wins there.

I must say though, I'm really worried about a knee jerk reaction from the front office, or from whatever coach we have next season.

Mainly coaching Kobe.

Why even bother looking at offers if we're not willing to trade him?

CavsYanksDuke
05-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Nolan Smith aka N Dot Smitty aka huge Lakers fan should be drafted by LAL. He's smart, humble, and used to the spotlight.

SP17
05-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Still rather have him than say Gilbert Arenas. Kobe's contract is bad, but hes still a good player.

yeah..and that is why LA wont trade him either..if you trade Kobe only a few would be interested because of that big contract and at the same time LA wont get any better player in trading him.. I think we stay with the 3 yr plan we have and just improve our bench..

Boogie12
05-08-2011, 09:12 PM
You trade Gasol for D. Howard.. try your best to keep Bynum and Odom, and some how pick up Trevor Ariza again..never should have let him go

Avenged
05-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Get some athletic players.

Bench. Outside of Odom, our 7+ rotation sucks.

The Lakers will still be competing for a title next season, they just need some solid role players. Our role players did nothing in these playoffs.

heyman321
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
They need to get rid of Bynum or Gasol one of them. Derek Fisher too, he is trash, and made JJ Barea look like Magic Johnson. Also Steve Blake, Matt Barnes, and Shannon Brown really killed it in the playoffs.

Lindystud36
05-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Would the magic trade dwight and arenas for Gasol and Artest?

heyman321
05-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Would the magic trade dwight and arenas for Gasol and Artest?

No, cause Otis Smith isn't that stupid. That's a huge rip. It would have to be Gasol and Bynum plus some other stuff for Howard and Arenas.

JonnyBrav000
05-08-2011, 09:37 PM
The Lakers can get Dwight Howard if they give up Bynum (add Gasol and a filler) and take on Gilbert Arenas contract. Easy.

Crackadalic
05-08-2011, 09:43 PM
1st thing they need to do is to stop doing all the outside distractions like TV shows music videos, record lables etc. before even getting to the roster

They need a younger smart pg. I love fisher but he is too old

Give guys like Ebanks and Character more mins because there younger athletic and hungry for playing time

Knock down shooters. They have none. They need at least 1-2 shooters to spread the floor and space the offense.

Play inside out. They have two bigs. Why they don't use them I will never understand.

Wouldn't hurt to upgrade the bench too

Other then that they don't really need to make any major changes to the roster. Look at the Hawks. Its the same damn team yet there playing well against the bulls now. Just minor tweaks is all this team needs

29$JerZ
05-08-2011, 09:45 PM
They need a legit PG with athleticism
They also need more shooters off the bench

daboywonder2002
05-08-2011, 09:46 PM

[/B]

im not saying kobe is done. im saying he cannot be THAT GUY for 82 games and a full playoff run. Just because he is still playing at a top level doesn't mean he cant pass the torch. David robinson(32 years old) was playing at a top level b4 duncan came. Shaquille o'neal (32 years old) was playing at a high level before he came and let Dwade be THAT GUY. Kobe needs to pass the torch and let bynum or howard or cp3(if either comes) be THAT GUY.

Kevj77
05-08-2011, 09:48 PM
They don't need to blow anything up. I don't even think we need to sell the house to get Howard. Lakers most pressing need is to replace Fisher. All the leadership and clutch talk from the past is pointless if he gets torched and never penetrates the lane. We need some more altheletic bench players so we can get some points in transition instead of just always walking the ball up the court and settin up halfcourt offense. Lastly we need a shooter. We shot terrible from behind the arc.

shep33
05-08-2011, 09:48 PM
Honestly, one of the biggest problems is shooting. I think the Lakers shot <20% from 3 this series, only a handful of teams have done that.

How many times do we see Kobe kick it to Fish, Artest, Barnes, Blake, Brown etc. for a corner 3 and its always a clank? Way too often, we need shooters badly

KnicksR4Real
05-08-2011, 09:49 PM
get howard

Raidaz4Life
05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
No, cause Otis Smith isn't that stupid. That's a huge rip. It would have to be Gasol and Bynum plus some other stuff for Howard and Arenas.

lol come on.... the Magic are in no position to negotiate.... they are not going to get Bynum AND Gasol while dropping the worst contract in the league on the Lakers as well. Lets be realistic. The deal would center around Bynum for Howard with the Lakers taking on Hedo most likely.

KingPosey
05-08-2011, 09:58 PM
They need to ****iing get rid of Fisher for one, he is the biggest liability for any team in the league, and he constantly gets exposed by good PGs. And if they can get DH, go ahead and do that. Trade anyone on your team but KB, because LA fans dont want to see that. Trade bynum. trade gasol. **** trade all 3 of them, for DH and Hedo, because DH would be that good.

But make sure you drop Fisher off in a trash can where he belongs. I know u LA fans love him for some reason, but he ****ing KILLS YOUR TEAM.

Teeboy1487
05-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Shooting was our biggest problem. We desperately need shooters and not volume shooters. I would keep Steve Blake and possibly start him. He would most likely be a better fit in the starting line up. I also say we go after Jared Dudley (I wish), JR Smith, Kapono (back up) and get rid of Barnes, Brown, and Artest somehow. We also need to either trade Bynum or Gasol for Howard somehow. Maybe add Odom in the deal if they give us Ryan Anderson. However, we probably will not get Howard so we really need to add some reliable shooters next year.

NBA-GMaster
Promote Brian Shaw as head coach..
Trade for Dwight..

Chucky Woods
Get rid of Bynum, The kids a punk.
Doesn't fit the Lakers class.
Hes an embarrassment to the franchise.

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Assuming that they cant trade for Dwight:

Lakers trade: Lamar Odom
Lakers get: Devin Harris

Jazz trades: Devin Harris
Jazz gets: Terrence Williams and Hasheem Thabeet

Rockets get: Lamar Odom

-Lakers do it because Devin Harris is a great defender and a very underrated PG. He is actually one of the only point guards in the league that can contain Rose and other quick athletic point guards. Devin Harris proved that with a great SG next to him to draw defenders, he can get to the rim and score at will. They lose Odom but i think their lack of a starting point guard has hurt them more than anything else.

-Rockets do it because they only lose two unproven young guys. One thats already labeled a bust and another that is constantly in the dog house despite oozing talent. In retun they get a proven veteran. A guy that can play multiple positions and does a little of everything for them. A proven commodity.

-Jazz do it because they are in rebuilding mode and Devin Harris is 28y old so he isnt part of the future anyway so why waste such a talented guy on a rebuilding team when you can send him to a contender and get some young guys with potential. They can draft a PG to replace him.

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Shooting was our biggest problem. We desperately need shooters and not volume shooters. I would keep Steve Blake and possibly start him. He would most likely be a better fit in the starting line up. I also say we go after Jared Dudley (I wish), JR Smith, Kapono (back up) and get rid of Barnes, Brown, and Artest somehow. We also need to either trade Bynum or Gasol for Howard somehow. Maybe add Odom in the deal if they give us Ryan Anderson. However, we probably will not get Howard so we really need to add some reliable shooters next year.

Ryan Anderson is a commodity in this league. They wont just "give" him to anyone. Especially considering that they already have little trade assets

SP17
05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
They need to ****iing get rid of Fisher for one, he is the biggest liability for any team in the league, and he constantly gets exposed by good PGs. And if they can get DH, go ahead and do that. Trade anyone on your team but KB, because LA fans dont want to see that. Trade bynum. trade gasol. **** trade all 3 of them, for DH and Hedo, because DH would be that good.

But make sure you drop Fisher off in a trash can where he belongs. I know u LA fans love him for some reason, but he ****ing KILLS YOUR TEAM.

anyone who love dfish and wants him to stay as our pg after this season should be :punish

Wade_County
05-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Get some athletic players.

Bench. Outside of Odom, our 7+ rotation sucks.

The Lakers will still be competing for a title next season, they just need some solid role players. Our role players did nothing in these playoffs.

I agree, no need to blow the team up.

Someone said "trade Gasol+Bynum for d12", yeah D12 is D12 but IMO thats a lot to give up.

thedon01
05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
lakers can't afford to get anyone unless it's a straight contract for contract deal. So unless they can move Bynum in a trade for either CP3 or Dwight i don't see anything major happening. If they can't trade for some youth then I'd start planning for 2012 free agency by shedding some contracts. I'm a Lakers fan but i think they're in a tough position. They need to get younger and need another major impact player like Dwight or Paul, but that's easier said than done.

SP17
05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
lakers can't afford to get anyone unless it's a straight contract for contract deal. So unless they can move Bynum in a trade for either CP3 or Dwight i don't see anything major happening. If they can't trade for some youth then I'd start planning for 2012 free agency by shedding some contracts. I'm a Lakers fan but i think they're in a tough position. They need to get younger and need another major impact player like Dwight or Paul, but that's easier said than done.

your very pessimistic for a laker fan.. I think we should stick with the 3 yr plan we have.. Stick with the corre or trade 1 of them if it improves the team.. get a better bench...Also forget about the 2012 FA coz we are in too much salary burden to even be players for that..Kobe's salary for that year is almost half of the current cap..

I say we just use mle and BAE to improve our bench..give ebanks some playing time.

ballpd05
05-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Get a new point guard, I think Derrick Fisher is a solid backup not starter.

Get some backup big men. Matt Barnes, Lamar Odom, and Shannon Brown are a pretty good second unit still. I think they could get another scorer in the second unit like a J.R. Smith or Jamal Crawford.

wizardsfan3
05-08-2011, 10:57 PM
-sign jerry sloan as head coach
-get decent bench players
-find a new pg, move fisher to bench

koreancabbage
05-08-2011, 11:02 PM
point guard. Fisher sucks now, both defensively and offensively.

Lakers4ItAll
05-08-2011, 11:14 PM
I would love to trade Gasol + fillers for Howard but I don't see him and Bynum playing well together so I'd still trade Bynum + fillers. If that doesn't happen somehow trade for Deron Williams. Reguardless next year Fisher and Artest should not be on the team.

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 11:21 PM
I would love to trade Gasol + fillers for Howard but I don't see him and Bynum playing well together so I'd still trade Bynum + fillers. If that doesn't happen somehow trade for Deron Williams. Reguardless next year Fisher and Artest should not be on the team.

Lakers dont need to swing for the fences. The Mavs were a terrible matchup for them so they shouldnt base too much on this. The Lakers dont have the pieces to get a DWill or CP3. If they trade both Gasol AND Bynum for Howard while also taking on horrible contracts, it could actually backfire. Trade for a quick scoring PG like Felton or Devin Harris and get some shooters.

jerellh528
05-08-2011, 11:24 PM
im all for anything that has kobe, howard, and paul on board.

BigCityofDreams
05-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Lakers dont need to swing for the fences. The Mavs were a terrible matchup for them so they shouldnt base too much on this. The Lakers dont have the pieces to get a DWill or CP3. If they trade both Gasol AND Bynum for Howard while also taking on horrible contracts, it could actually backfire. Trade for a quick scoring PG like Felton or Devin Harris and get some shooters.

And then get Howard problem solved. :clap:

BigCityofDreams
05-08-2011, 11:44 PM
im all for anything that has kobe, howard, and paul on board.

howard and paul is asking for a lot but a Laker fan can dream.

justen1
05-08-2011, 11:48 PM
They need to get rid of either Odom, Fisher, Bynum

Should try to sign
Aaron Brooks-potential to be a star
Rodney Stuckey-pg
Jason Richardson-scorer
J.R. Smith-athletic
Thaddeus Young-another good young athletic player
Delonte West
Jason Kapono-scorer
Nick Young-athletic
CP3(if available)-best pg in the league
D12(if available)-best center in the league

Let Shaw be HC

The question was, What should LAL do this offseason to remain a contender? as long as Kobe is on the team your going to be a contender. They have a great PF with Gasol. They just need to get rid of Bynum he gets hurt to much. Get rid of Fisher and find a younger point guard. Get rid of Odom even though he had a good season he isnt getting younger and certaintly isnt getting faster. Sign a couple young athletic guys who can play. Get a scorer who can just shoot 3 and can help the bench scoring. The team just pretty much needs to get younger. If they can get either CP3 or D12 that would be huge, because Kobe is getting up there in age and either one of those two would be great players to build around with Gasol already being there.
:):):):)

Bravo95
05-08-2011, 11:58 PM
1. Younger, quicker scoring PG. Fisher should've been a backup for the past few years.
2. More athletic SF (or SG and move Kobe to small forward permanently)
3. A couple of reliable shooters off the bench.
4. An experienced head coach. That is no place for a rookie HC to break in.

Bruno
05-09-2011, 12:01 AM
They need to ask Phili how much it will take to get Iggy.

Purple&Gold24
05-09-2011, 12:13 AM
The bench needs to change thats all.

iggypop123
05-09-2011, 12:54 AM
probably wont be major changes. i think otis smith will commit suicide before he trades dwight. or ask to be fired. since the starters are all locked up, the key will be the bench. kupchack is probably praying brown and barnes opt out. that will leave him with about 4 spots to fill. he needs to find a guy that can make a 3. somebody who can shoot above 40% an entire season

AIRMAR72
05-09-2011, 01:01 AM
i trade kobe for brandon roy or raymond felton and jr.smith run the offense thru bynum or gasol

AIRMAR72
05-09-2011, 01:04 AM

Should try to sign
Rodney Stuckey-pg
Jason Richardson-scorer
J.R. Smith-athletic
Delonte West
Jason Kapono-scorer
Nick Young-athletic

Let Shaw be HC

The question was, What should LAL do this offseason to remain a contender? as long as Kobe is on the team your going to be a contender. They have a great PF with Gasol. They just need to get rid of Bynum he gets hurt to much. Get rid of Fisher and find a younger point guard. Get rid of Odom even though he had a good season he isnt getting younger and certaintly isnt getting faster. Sign a couple young athletic guys who can play. Get a scorer who can just shoot 3 and can help the bench scoring. The team just pretty much needs to get younger. If they can get either CP3 or D12 that would be huge, because Kobe is getting up there in age and either one of those two would be great players to build around with Gasol already being there.
:):):):)

i agree with this wish list

Kobes a Killer
05-09-2011, 01:22 AM
i trade kobe for brandon roy or raymond felton and jr.smith run the offense thru bynum or gasol

:facepalm: ya and the pacers shoulda traded Reggie, celtics should trade pierce, spurs should trade Duncan... And for Roy??? A guy who's career is basically over. Really, trade Kobe?? He's been there 15 years he ain't going no where:facepalm:

John Walls Era
05-09-2011, 01:24 AM

Should try to sign
Rodney Stuckey-pg
Jason Richardson-scorer
J.R. Smith-athletic
Delonte West
Jason Kapono-scorer
Nick Young-athletic

THis is a very interesting wish list. Not only do you want those players to sign; you want them to perform at the level you think they can (which I don't think they can).