PDA

View Full Version : 76ers prepare to say goodbye to Iguodala

spreadeagle
05-08-2011, 04:21 PM
An answer to a straightforward question is simple, but Iguodala's answer to the question, "Do you want to play for the 76ers next year?" was anything but.

Here was his first attempt: "I expect to be back in the NBA," Iguodala said after the team's season-ending loss to the Miami Heat in the NBA playoffs. "It's always been a dream of mine to play ball. This has been a great ride so far, not just with the Sixers, just playing basketball in general. I'm really looking forward to getting some rest this summer, just letting my body recuperate and get back to 100 percent, and I'm really looking forward to next year being my best year in the league."

Not his best with the Sixers, but his best in the league.

What Collins doesn't need is a borderline star answering questions vaguely about his desire to play for Collins' team. It's too much navigation at this stage of the building process, and Collins is too genuine to ignore Iguodala's half-statements and innuendo.

Here's the breakdown of how NBA general managers feel about the remaining $56 million on Iguodala's contract. Approximately half of the GMs believe he's paid appropriately, perhaps slightly overpaid but nothing that would prevent them from making a deal. And half believe he's overpaid and wouldn't trade value for him.

This brings us to the main question each Sixers fan must ask this offseason: Do you care for whom Iguodala is traded?

Two deals that have been whispered about in NBA circles highlight the different directions this move could take.

Some league folks have hinted that the Sixers and Memphis Grizzlies could discuss a swap of Iguodala for Memphis' injured star Rudy Gay. The Grizzlies are making an impact in the Western Conference playoffs without Gay, who went down with a shoulder injury late in the season.

The salaries match: Iguodala will make $13.5 million next season, while Gay will make $13.6.

Gay is under contract through the 2014-15 season, meaning the Sixers would take on an extra year of salary (approximately $20 million) in such a trade.

But the biggest question is: Should the Sixers trade Iguodala for a similarly skilled player? Or should their focus be on an area of need - the center spot, for example - while also opening up minutes on the wing for returning sophomore Evan Turner?

Another trade that was discussed last season involved trading Iguodala to the Los Angeles Clippers for big man Chris Kaman.

Kaman has only one year remaining on his contract - $12.2 million for the 2011-12 season. He also would provide talent and experience in the low post, while relieving the franchise of a good chunk of the remaining millions on Iguodala's contract.

This offseason will be crucial in taking the Sixers from mediocre to good, and to do so won't involve just the decision of whether or not to trade Iguodala. They also need to hit a home run in what they get in exchange.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20110508_Inside_the_Sixers___Prepare_to_say_goodby e_to_Iguodala.html

HouRealCoach
05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I want to see how he would do in a Scottie Pippen role but I guess that will never happen

Astronaut
05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
The Clippers with Iggy would be SO athletic/fun to watch.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-08-2011, 04:43 PM
I think Iggy would fit perfectly in Memphis

ElMarroAfamado
05-08-2011, 04:44 PM
I hope the Clippers dont try to trade for this guy. He cant shoot and he is soo streaky just like the guys we currently have at SF....Kaman really sucks so getting anything for him would be positive but I mean ...damn

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Iggy for Kaman would be amazing for the Clippers.

Gordon/Blake/Iggy.

that's easily the most exciting team to watch in the league.

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 04:52 PM
I can see ORL making a last desperate attemt to keep Dwight by getting Iggy...

roshan3ai
05-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Gordon/Blake/Iggy.

Kaman's contract is pretty bad if I'm not mistaken

The Jokemaker
05-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I don't want Iguodala in Memphis. I'd rather them stick with Rudy. The team's starters have great chemistry so why blow that up?

hgtiger32
05-08-2011, 04:56 PM

and who would Philly take in return for him? haha

mrblisterdundee
05-08-2011, 04:58 PM
I guess he's expendable with the presence of Thadeus Young.

spreadeagle
05-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Raptors are looking for a small forward...and are probably willing to trade Bargnani since the 76ers are looking for a C..Derozen/Iggy would be sweet.Dont think Orlando has any pieces.Why trade Gay for Iggy? id rather have Gay

The Jokemaker
05-08-2011, 05:01 PM

All expenses paid disney world vacation?

Chill_Will_24
05-08-2011, 05:07 PM

I havent got that far...:D Maybe Rod Thorn will take scraps for him just to make sure his worst fears arent realized and Dwight doesnt come to NJ

mttwlsn16
05-08-2011, 05:19 PM

kamans deal expires at the end of next season lol

MrfadeawayJB
05-08-2011, 05:20 PM
I hope Rudy is not traded for Iggy, he is better in every facet of the game except defense

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
If I was Memphis I wouldn't trade Gay for him but make a package whit Mayo and a few other guys.

sixer04fan
05-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't trade Iggy for Gay if I'm the Sixers. At that point they'd be trading him just to trade him. There's no point in trading Iggy for another wing man. It's gotta be a good center in my opinion or don't bother dealing him.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
05-08-2011, 06:01 PM
I'll take him. But how much would the Celtics have to give up for him?

gilly
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
As a young team moving forward, can't see anything that the Celts could offer that we'd want.

I want a pick and a young big man, minimum.

Sixerlover
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I hope Rudy is not traded for Iggy, he is better in every facet of the game except defense

With defense being 50% of the game, and Iguodala also being a better distributor and ball handler, what exactly do you mean?

He's a better scorer? Of course.

Ty Fast
05-08-2011, 06:26 PM

Gordon/Blake/Iggy.

i think they will sign chris paul too

apet8945
05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd welcome Iggy on the Clips with open arms. I think he'd be a perfect fit and will make us a pretty damn good defensive team, not to mention the athleticism we'll have....

210Don
05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
omg please come to spurs

Voodoo Alchemy
05-08-2011, 06:36 PM
gay > iggy

Sadds The Gr8
05-08-2011, 06:41 PM

ye it is but Iggy is overpaid too. Clips need a SF, and 6ers need a C, so it does both teams good.

Sixerlover
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
ye it is but Iggy is overpaid too. Clips need a SF, and 6ers need a C, so it does both teams good.

I'd be willing to bet the Sixers stay idle before they agree to a Kaman / Iguodala swap. Kaman played his best basketball when Brand LEFT, pairing them isn't the best thing to do at this point. Plus his injury problems the last couple years have been concerning. They'd have to add a couple more pieces, or Thorn would just look elsewhere OR keep Iguodala in my opinion.

NYKalltheway
05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I had a small hope that Iguodala could land at the Knicks this off season but there's no way it can happen :(

Chronz
05-08-2011, 07:21 PM
On one hand I want to pearce the cap space and keep our 3 headed interior beast but iggy is one of my fav

Lakers + Giants
05-08-2011, 07:24 PM
:) Bye Bye RonRon!

bmd1101
05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I had a small hope that Iguodala could land at the Knicks this off season but there's no way it can happen :(

Ya'll got a starting SF already, his best fit is with Orlando but Orlando dont got **** to give the sixers.

pebloemer
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Raptor's have cap space to absorb salary or TPE to use. He may not be a C, but I would think Ed Davis and immediate cap flexibility would be more attracting than a Kaman expiring.

spreadeagle
05-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Raptor's have cap space to absorb salary or TPE to use. He may not be a C, but I would think Ed Davis and immediate cap flexibility would be more attracting than a Kaman expiring.

Never give up Davis hes gunna be a beast and is on a small rookie contract...someone in the Raps forum mentioned our 1-6 lotto pick this yr plus our tpe for Iggy....Sixers can draft a C in Kanter or Biyombo or whoever at

mdm692
05-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Im pretty sure he would fit best wh us(suns) he would be number 1 scorin option and would help nash with the playmaking plus im sure he would improve his 3pt shot drastically here

spreadeagle
05-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Im pretty sure he would fit best wh us(suns) he would be number 1 scorin option and would help nash with the playmaking plus im sure he would improve his 3pt shot drastically here

Robin Lopez Hill and Frye for Iggy and whoever

More-Than-Most
05-08-2011, 08:58 PM
Iggy traded would give me wood. Please let it happen. He is overrated and over paid and this could be one of the best sports times of my life.

Rapsjaysleafs
05-08-2011, 09:11 PM
This would never happen but what if Iggy was dumped and the Sixers got Dwight next off season.
Scary!

NBA-GMaster
05-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Try Houston.. GM Morey wants Iggy for the past 2 years.. Thorn could make a deal luring 2 starters and 2 1st rd picks for Iggy and a bad contract..

DwayneMVPwade
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Raptors are looking for a small forward...and are probably willing to trade Bargnani since the 76ers are looking for a C..Derozen/Iggy would be sweet.Dont think Orlando has any pieces.Why trade Gay for Iggy? id rather have Gay

Ill trade Bargs for iggy in a heartbeat. Dont know if Philly will trade Iggy for Bargs staright up, but they can take any player other than 1st round picks, Derozan, Ed Davis, Bayless.

bholly
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Never give up Davis hes gunna be a beast and is on a small rookie contract...someone in the Raps forum mentioned our 1-6 lotto pick this yr plus our tpe for Iggy....Sixers can draft a C in Kanter or Biyombo or whoever at

This works great for me, except the TPE is too small to help with Iggy, and you don't have cap room until after your expiring salaries expire, at which point the CBA expires and you can't make any moves - so it'll have to wait until the lockout ends. The only way it works now is Iggy for the pick + Calderon + Johnson.

MiamiBoy77
05-08-2011, 11:51 PM
What about some sort of Iggy for Bynum deal??

Philly:
Jrue Holliday/ Louis Williams
Evan Turner/ Jodie Meeks
Thaddeus Young/ ??
Elton Brand/ Marreese Speights
Andrew Bynum/ Spencer Hawes

Lakers add the athleticism and youth it needs right now. Maybe you see them deal Ron Artest for any PG they can get.

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM

Philly:
Evan Turner/ Jodie Meeks
Thaddeus Young/ ??

Lakers add the athleticism and youth it needs right now. Maybe you see them deal Ron Artest for any PG they can get.

As a 76ers fans I would LOVE that. Its NEVER going to happen however. Doesn't make any sense for the Lakers.

spreadeagle
05-09-2011, 12:37 AM
This works great for me, except the TPE is too small to help with Iggy, and you don't have cap room until after your expiring salaries expire, at which point the CBA expires and you can't make any moves - so it'll have to wait until the lockout ends. The only way it works now is Iggy for the pick + Calderon + Johnson.

I think out tpe is around 8-10 million if im not mistaken..we could add a few bench players..but by all means if you want calderon you can have em lol...Colangelo has said if the pick is 3 or above he would be willing to trade it

Spencesc11
05-09-2011, 12:43 AM
Detroit could offer Rip Hamilton's expiring deal and Austin Daye.

Seems like a great trade for both as Philly gets a much needed jump shooter and a prospect

sep11ie
05-09-2011, 01:05 AM

Does your world revolve around Dwight? It seems like every one of your posts is about him.

That being said, I could see Iggy fitting in Houston nicely.

theLgndKllr35
05-09-2011, 01:07 AM
As a 76ers fans I would LOVE that. Its NEVER going to happen however. Doesn't make any sense for the Lakers.

It does when Bynum talks publicly about "trust issues" and throws an elbow similar to something you would see in the WWE.

raidersrock99
05-09-2011, 01:15 AM
kings will give you anybody but cousins and evans.

uprightciti
05-09-2011, 01:24 AM
He ain't going to mephis he ain't going to clippers

Monte ellis for iggy golden state needs a guy like him
Or phonix

theLgndKllr35
05-09-2011, 02:00 AM
He ain't going to mephis he ain't going to clippers

Monte ellis for iggy golden state needs a guy like him
Or phonix

Riiight, because Philly isn't crowded enough with young guards. :rolleyes:

bholly
05-09-2011, 03:28 AM
I think out tpe is around 8-10 million if im not mistaken..we could add a few bench players..but by all means if you want calderon you can have em lol...Colangelo has said if the pick is 3 or above he would be willing to trade it

Right, and Iggy gets paid around $12m. 12 > 10 so the TPE doesn't help. Unless the Raptors want to use it to absorb someone like Noc to sweeten the deal? Iggy/Noc for Calderon/Johnson/pick is fine by me.

And no, the Sixers want Calderon less then the Raptors do, but that's just what's necessary to make the salaries work.

sunsfan88
05-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Robin Lopez + Warrick for Igoudala.

theLgndKllr35
05-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Robin Lopez + Warrick for Igoudala.

With the deals we're hearing, I'd be down with this.

JasonJohnHorn
05-09-2011, 05:56 AM
I cant blame Iggy for being vague, since it seems like he's been on the trading block for two years now. What is the dude supposed to say?

kurtismurray
05-09-2011, 07:50 AM
How About Devin Harris and CJ Miles for Andre Iguodala?

PhillyFaninLA
05-09-2011, 08:08 AM

Philly:
Evan Turner/ Jodie Meeks
Thaddeus Young/ ??

After his antics last night Bynum showed he is nothing but a punk, a loser, a pitiful excuse for a human, he has no professionalism and has not been able to stay healthy....as a Sixers fan I don't want anything to do with that disrespectful SOB......and as for Artest the Sixers won't trade Iggy for a guard.

PhillyFaninLA
05-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Iggy will not be traded for a guard.

Holliday is one of the youngest guys in the league and showed last years flashes of what he could become, Turner showed at moments during the season and against the Heat what he could develop into, Meeks, and Lou Williams....the Sixers won't bring in a guard to start over Holliday or Turner (who should start next year) the only guard that would be added would be a bench guard if Meeks or Williams is traded.

gsgs49
05-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't want Iguodala in Memphis. I'd rather them stick with Rudy. The team's starters have great chemistry so why blow that up?

Andre Iguodala wouldn't ruin your great chemistry I guarantee it,he'll make it better.
I want to ask you why you guys are playing so good? I'm curious to know what a griz fan thinks.

For me they are playing good for two reasons:
1-Great ball movement,they play like a team,they have a great communication,they are unselfish players.
When Rudy gay comes back do you think it will still this way? I don't think so.
Replace Rudy with Iggy,he would be your team best passer even better than conely,he's top 2 non PG passer.

Individually Rudy and Iggy are close but Iggy is much much better team player.

2- Defense especially perimeter defense,look what they did against Tony,Manu and RJ,when Rudy comes back this defense would take a big step back because he takes minutes from Tony Allen,Shane Battier and Sam young.
Again,replace Rudy with Iggy, the defense would get even better because he's one of the best wing defender.
Tony Allen,Andre Iguodala,Shane Battier and Sam Young that would be one of the best perimeter defenses of all time.

For me a Iggy/rudy swap would be a great steal for Memphis.

gsgs49
05-09-2011, 09:36 AM
gay > iggy

Wrong.

gsgs49
05-09-2011, 09:39 AM
With defense being 50% of the game, and Iguodala also being a better distributor and ball handler, what exactly do you mean?

He's a better scorer? Of course.

This.Iggy is better in everything except scoring and the gap between Iggy and Rudy defensively is bigger than the gap between Rudy and Iggy offensively.

gsgs49
05-09-2011, 09:40 AM
I hope we can resign Butler and trade him with Roddy and a pick for Iggy.

jets-24
05-09-2011, 11:03 AM
chi town makes all the sense in the world just cant think of a package deal for him i would go as far as boozer

rapjuicer06
05-09-2011, 01:01 PM
chi town makes all the sense in the world just cant think of a package deal for him i would go as far as boozer

that'd be dumb, they already have an overpaid PF who's injured a lot

Sixerlover
05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
that'd be dumb, they already have an overpaid PF who's injured a lot

If you mean Elton Brand, you know he's only missed 6 games in the last two season combined right?

AnalyzeNShoot
05-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't Get why they want to get rid of him, he is solid at his position and they won't find a better play at the SG position. But they better get an effective Center in return orelse it would be a waste.. though Rod Thorn is a dependable GM

KnicksR4Real
05-09-2011, 02:42 PM
orlando should hop on either of them

BudGrant
05-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I know it's next to impossible but Iggy on the Deer would be so awesome..

SeoulBeatz
05-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Detroit could offer Rip Hamilton's expiring deal and Austin Daye.

Seems like a great trade for both as Philly gets a much needed jump shooter and a prospect

I'd def consider that. I really like Daye's game and the more cap space the merrier.

I'm one of the Sixer fans who actually likes Iggy.

He is a top 3 perimeter defender in this league, i honestly dont see anyone playing as hard on d and tipping as many passes as Iggy. He's all over the place.

He's the 2nd best passing SF in the league behind Lebron. It's a really underrated aspect of his game as he played point forward for us throughout the year. He'll make really ridiculous passes that catch you off guard.

Now, we all know about that jump shot. He's incredibly inconsistent, but he is capable of getting hot and his 3 point shot was actually decent this year. There's just too much arc in his shot so it will never be pure, but he's gotten a lot better. He'll be just fine sitting in the corner on a contender.

He's a solid ballhandler but tends to try too hard sometimes and forces some bad shots.

But he is incredibly unselfish. Statistically, he is the most unselfish wing in the league and it's not even close. He is pass first and will fit in wherever he goes.

And the DUNKS, he is the most underrated dunker in the league IMO. He dunks on people all day and never gets any love on sportscenter but trust me if he ends up in a major city he's gonna be on the top 10 every night. He'll get the "Shannon Brown" treatment.

And he's actually proven he can be "somewhat" of a leader... somewhat

When he was our clear number one option in 09' the Sixers took the Magic to 6 games and Iggy was very clutch putting up 21.4, 6.3 rpg, 6.7 apg.

I think GM's value him a lot more than most people believe.

I think it's fair to say we could deal him straight up for Rudy but I don't really want Rudy or Kaman.

I don't trust Kaman's health and he's too slow for our team.

We need a defensive minded C who can run the floor, who isn't Sammy Dalembert.

That's a lot to ask for though.

He's a VERY good 2nd option and a PERFECT 3rd option on any contender IMHO.

Just watch his highlights, imagine him on a contender? Best of luck Iggy. I guarantee you'll see something you didn't know iggy could do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUj8jWiWRDM

rapjuicer06
05-09-2011, 02:48 PM
If you mean Elton Brand, you know he's only missed 6 games in the last two season combined right?

wow, actually i did not. so that bulls trade would be even dumber then.

SeoulBeatz
05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
I know it's next to impossible but Iggy on the Deer would be so awesome..

Bogut please!

jp but man we need a real C so badly.

BudGrant
05-09-2011, 03:00 PM
I would do that trade in a heart beat man.. Watching Bogut every game every year you start to realize how over-rated he is.

RAptorsNExtYeaR
05-09-2011, 03:19 PM
toronto will welcome you and pau gasol (since lakers will be dropping him) to the raptors :D:D:D

SeoulBeatz
05-09-2011, 03:25 PM
toronto will welcome you and pau gasol (since lakers will be dropping him) to the raptors :D:D:D

Sixers want Bynum!!! that's a pipe dream though. It would take more than Iggy.

Savage Sunday
05-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Iguodala is at best a 6th Man on a contender. He is too ball dominant to be in a starting lineup on a team already with a ball dominant wing player. Just wouldnt fit together.

I think he can be a Lamar Odom-like guy who comes off the bench and joins the 1st unit changing the pace with his versatility. A 3rd or 4th option going down the line although you can trust him taking a game winning basket.

I do like the Clippers option, because Chris Kaman when healthy is a Top 10 C. With a contract year coming up he'll probably be playing at a very high level.

SeoulBeatz
05-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Iguodala is at best a 6th Man on a contender. He is too ball dominant to be in a starting lineup on a team already with a ball dominant wing player. Just wouldnt fit together.

I think he can be a Lamar Odom-like guy who comes off the bench and joins the 1st unit changing the pace with his versatility. A 3rd or 4th option going down the line although you can trust him taking a game winning basket.

I do like the Clippers option, because Chris Kaman when healthy is a Top 10 C. With a contract year coming up he'll probably be playing at a very high level.

Yeah I could def see him as a great 6th man but i dont think he'd be fond of the idea.

Iggy on the Clippers wouldnt be fair.

Blake, Iggy, Deandre Jordan, Eric Gordon.

That's dunk city.

But I'd want some young pieces in return for iggy, not Kaman, dude is done and has already failed playing next to brand.

RAptorsNExtYeaR
05-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Sixers want Bynum!!! that's a pipe dream though. It would take more than Iggy.

Really? i find bynums worth is less than iggy's, especially with all those lingering injuries.

I seriously think Bynum will only be effective on the lakers because even during isolation there is too much attention on gasol/kobe/even fisher's 3 to double bynum. but on any other team i highly doubt he will be as effective.

you guys can have bynum, give us iggy!!! derozan is like a younger version of iggy, will be great to have that 2/3 athletic run and gun team especially with ed davis

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
It does when Bynum talks publicly about "trust issues" and throws an elbow similar to something you would see in the WWE.

No is doesn't. If the Lakers are going to stand any chance at remaining contenders Andrew Bynum or who they get for him in return are going to play a big role in that. They aren't going to trade him for Iggy. They want to improve going forward. Not because their may be a lack of trust or the fact that he's a douche that means they'd give him away cheaply. They didn't pull the trigger on him for Carmelo Anthony do you really think they'll do so for Iggy. They need a player that is going to take offensive pressure off of Kobe not a player who compliments him.

Savage Sunday
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
No is doesn't. If the Lakers are going to stand any chance at remaining contenders Andrew Bynum or who they get for him in return are going to play a big role in that. They aren't going to trade him for Iggy. They want to improve going forward. Not because their may be a lack of trust or the fact that he's a douche that means they'd give him away cheaply. They didn't pull the trigger on him for Carmelo Anthony do you really think they'll do so for Iggy. They need a player that is going to take offensive pressure off of Kobe not a player who compliments him.

How does Iggy compiment Kobe? :confused:

maddBat
05-09-2011, 03:50 PM
well no doubt hes going 2 the west. dont c philly trading him 2 n e 1 in the same conference. as much as i hate thorn hes smart

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 03:50 PM

How does Ron Artest and Lamar Odom compliment Kobe?

Savage Sunday
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Yeah I could def see him as a great 6th man but i dont think he'd be fond of the idea.

Iggy on the Clippers wouldnt be fair.

Blake, Iggy, Deandre Jordan, Eric Gordon.

That's dunk city.

But I'd want some young pieces in return for iggy, not Kaman, dude is done and has already failed playing next to brand.

Thats where it gets tricky.

Im not sure if LA is going to part with DeAndre Jordan considering they're using him along with G&G to promote season ticket packages for 2011-2012.

What about Al Farouq Aminu? He was a Top 10 pick and showed some promise but he might be an identical player to Thaddeus Young.

Savage Sunday
05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
How does Ron Artest and Lamar Odom compliment Kobe?

Odom's been there for 7 years and adjusted his game to fit Kobe once he was moved to the bench. But the first few years of them together didnt work.

Ron Artest became a spot shooter who occasionally makes some offensive plays, but is known for his defense.

Think to yourself "How would Iggy play next to Kobe?" You'll see what I mean. Iggy would have to sit and watch an aging Kobe take pull up jumpers.

rapjuicer06
05-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Odom's been there for 7 years and adjusted his game to fit Kobe once he was moved to the bench. But the first few years of them together didnt work.

Ron Artest became a spot shooter who occasionally makes some offensive plays, but is known for his defense.

Think to yourself "How would Iggy play next to Kobe?" You'll see what I mean. Iggy would have to sit and watch an aging Kobe take pull up jumpers.

i see iggy as a more athletic version of artest. he's a great defender and is a spotty shooter. what iggy can do that artest can't, is drive to the hoop, finish above the rip and pass like a point guard. he'd fit in perfectly next to kobe. if i were the lakers and sixers i would trade either pau or bynum straight up for iggy if the sixers take that and have a starting line up of fisher/kobe/iggy/odom/pau or bynum. or maybe switch odom and artest. artest can guard post players as well as anyone as well

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 04:03 PM

I asked you how Lamar and Ron compliment Kobe. They were asked to play certain roles and did so effectively it matters not when Odom started gelling with Kobe they were two different players in a totally different scenario. Odom has complimented Kobe well ever since being placed in a role in which he could put his skill set to its best use. A role in which Iguodala would have if he were to go to the Lakers.

Tell me something. Did you watch Team USA play last summer?

Now tell me something else do you not think a player of Andre Iguodala's unique skill set and defensive ability who can hurt you without dominating the ball (something don't realize) can compliment a player such as Kobe Bryant who could use the help of a point forward type player in the triangle offense? He is no Scottie Pippen but Andre Iguodala's playmaking ability will be quite useful if he were to become a member of the Lakers.

Raph12
05-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Iggy for Gay, book it...

mdm692
05-09-2011, 04:49 PM

pietrus, warrick, lopez for iggy and fillers

Or pietrus, warrick, lopez, vc(4mil to buy him out) for iggy and brand

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 04:53 PM
pietrus, warrick, lopez for iggy and fillers

Or pietrus, warrick, lopez, vc(4mil to buy him out) for iggy and brand

I remember last off season when 76ers fans made the proposal of Iggy for Lopez we were laughed at by Suns fans. Now they'd be chomping at the bits to get rid of Lopez for a player of Iguodala's calibre.

king4day
05-09-2011, 04:59 PM
I remember last off season when 76ers fans made the proposal of Iggy for Lopez we were laughed at by Suns fans. Now they'd be chomping at the bits to get rid of Lopez for a player of Iguodala's calibre.

I don't regret not considering it last year as Lopez blew up and that type of deal made no sense. But that's the risk you take. It was proven he did what he did cuz he had Amar'e next to him.

The only way Philly considers a deal from Phoenix would be if they were dumping salary and that's it.

KingPosey
05-09-2011, 05:04 PM

And rebounding, and passing..

Gay is a good player, but Iggy fills up the sheets. It would be interesting to see if it helps or hurts. I think Mem needs Gay's scoring ability though.

gilly
05-09-2011, 05:05 PM
The Lakers should really consider going for Iggy. They don't have a point guard so a point forward would benefit them, he brings defense and can slash. He'd be good in a Pippen kind of role.

I'd love Bynum in return too.

king4day
05-09-2011, 05:07 PM

It seems like Hill will retire before he plays anywhere else.
Lopez will be in any deal the Suns stir up this offseason.

I know you have to give to get but I think Frye is far more valuable to us than what Iggy would bring.
I see no way a deal with Philly could be done.

KingPosey
05-09-2011, 05:07 PM

The triangle offense is with a point forward that rebounds, passes and plays D?

Iggy could become the poooor man's Pippen.

rapjuicer06
05-09-2011, 05:12 PM

Iggy could become the poooor man's Pippen.

i wouldn't say a poooor mans pippen, but a poor man's pippen. ;)

Chronz
05-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Shouldve ended it right there and made him look like a clown.. Ill pretend thats where you ended it.

Swashcuff
05-09-2011, 05:16 PM
Shouldve ended it right there and made him look like a clown.. Ill pretend thats where you ended it.

Classic :laugh2: :clap:

Chronz
05-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Why do so many feel Kaman and Brand wouldnt work? Didnt they make the playoffs together and push the Suns to 7?

sep11ie
05-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Houston has been trying to get him for 2 years now. I could see some kind of 3 team trade with Houston including J.Hill, Chase Budinger, draft picks up for Iggy. He'd fit real well around Lowry, Martin, and Scola.

aaronmckie
05-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Andre Iguodala, Andres Nocioni (expiring), Marreese Speights, and the #16 pick to Washington for Rashard Lewis and his ridiculous contract and the #4 pick (Enes Kanter).

CeeDub15
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Would love to see the Wolves go after him like i said in the 6ers forum. Not sure what we would give up though....

Kakaroach
05-09-2011, 07:04 PM
If only the Jazz tried trading for Iggy instead of trading away D. Will. Most of us in the Jazz forum were talking about pairing Iggy with D. Will. :sigh:

HouRealCoach
05-09-2011, 07:38 PM
If Memphis were to get him that defense of Iggy, Allen, and Battier would be scary

Sixerlover
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Why do so many feel Kaman and Brand wouldnt work? Didnt they make the playoffs together and push the Suns to 7?

Because that was about 5 years ago no? Kaman's best ball was when Brand left, and he's only really had 2 good seasons in his career, the rest being either below average or filled with injury problems. Plus he isn't young enough to still be around when the Jrue + Turner tandem are fully developed.

I just don't like him personally.

Sadds The Gr8
05-09-2011, 10:33 PM

exactly. i think Kaman would be a solid fit for the 6ers. he's miles better than Hawes.

bholly
05-10-2011, 12:00 AM
My biggest problem with Kaman is that the Sixers should be building for the future, not to try and get a few more wins, or maybe another round, out of the team we have. The core guys we want to build around are in their early 20s and Kaman's 29 - that's why it doesn't work for me. Even if he kept injury free (which is unlikely given his history), he's not going to be around when our main guys reach their primes - so why give up such important assets and spend so much money on him?

hugepatsfan
05-10-2011, 12:05 AM
My biggest problem with Kaman is that the Sixers should be building for the future, not to try and get a few more wins, or maybe another round, out of the team we have. The core guys we want to build around are in their early 20s and Kaman's 29 - that's why it doesn't work for me. Even if he kept injury free (which is unlikely given his history), he's not going to be around when our main guys reach their primes - so why give up such important assets and spend so much money on him?

You wouldn't be spending much money on him at all. In fact, money is the primary attraction in dealing Iggy for Kaman. Kaman would expire after the next season. Making this trade would put PHI in position to be players in the 2012 FA summer.

SeoulBeatz
05-10-2011, 02:19 AM
You wouldn't be spending much money on him at all. In fact, money is the primary attraction in dealing Iggy for Kaman. Kaman would expire after the next season. Making this trade would put PHI in position to be players in the 2012 FA summer.

That's the thing, I don't see the Sixers being able to land a big name free agent in 2012. We can't compete with some of the bigger markets that Dwight and Paul would want to go to.

The Sixers need to stock up on Young talent, and certainly not unathletic aging injury prone big men. We need an athletic young defensive minded C. That's a very rare commododity but I think Iggy can net that for us.

If not, I'd want a young wing that can stretch the floor to play next to Jrue and E.T. Jrue is just fine shooting the 3 and Ev showed promise in the playoffs, but we need a dead eye 3 point shooter. As much as I love Jodie Meeks, he is not a starter in this league and is just too much of a liability on D, even though he is a lights out 3 point shooter.

Someone mentioned Minny as a trade partner. I'd be intrigued in somehow working a Iggy, Speights, Hawes and Nocioni for Wesley Johnson, Anthony Randolph, and Darko.

I don't think the contracts quite matchup but it'd be a good move for both teams IMO.

Sixers get solid young pieces to fill needs and develope, Minny gets solid piece to add to core of Love, Rubio, Beasley and Flynn I guess...

Sixers:
PG: Jrue Holiday (20)/ Lou Williams (24)
SG: Evan Turner (22)/ Jodie Meeks (22)
SF: Wesley Johnson (23)/ Craig Brackins (23)
PF: Thaddeus Young (22)/ Anthony Randolph (22)
C: Elton Brand (32)/ Darko (26)

Iffy at the center spot and kind of undersized, but I really like the looks of that Sixer squad. Tons of youth, athleticism, depth, and 3 point shooting. Ridiculous potential to grow with and we can add a defensive C project like the brazilian phenom Nogueira at #16 in this years draft.

Minny looks like:

PG: Rubio/ Flynn/ Ridnour
SG: Iguodala/ /Webster/ Ellington
SF: Beasley/ Nocioni/ Hayward
PF: Love/ Speights
C: Pekovic/ Hawes

That's a team that I think can compete in the West.

I dunno, I think this works out really well for both teams

KingPosey
05-10-2011, 02:34 AM
i wouldn't say a poooor mans pippen, but a poor man's pippen. ;)

it was supposed to just be "poor". I accidentally typed poor 2 times, for some reason, and then only erased part of each one, for some reason, and that happened.

bholly
05-10-2011, 02:36 AM

That's why it's a bad deal. Iggy is worth more than just cap relief. Especially to a rebuilding team who aren't going to attract top free agents, and are only really going to have a shot at the peripheral guys that you fit around your core when you're ready to contend. If we haven't gotten any legitimate big men by then, then there's not really any point, and we have pretty much no chance at getting said big men unless we use our existing assets to get picks to try and draft them.

BkOriginalOne
05-10-2011, 02:52 AM
Iggy to the Clips would be nice, warriors too.

JRisdabest
05-10-2011, 02:53 AM
id love to have him on the clipps

bholly
05-10-2011, 03:36 AM
And the Sixers would love next year's Minny pick. Given the Clips gave up their own high pick this year in order to trade down from B Diddy to Mo Williams, I'm not ruling out the possibility.

Dodgers99
05-10-2011, 11:12 AM
And the Sixers would love next year's Minny pick. Given the Clips gave up their own high pick this year in order to trade down from B Diddy to Mo Williams, I'm not ruling out the possibility.

First, this draft sucks. A pick likely in the 7-9 range isn't gonna get much of a player. Second, when you factor in the $5M saved from Diddy to Mo, it's worth it. Not to mention, outside out of a few cool lobs to Griffin, Diddy was a ball hog, still viewed himself as the #1 option. While Mo is used to playing in a situation where his job was to get the ball to the best players on the team. Other than that, yea, they downgraded.

As far as next years pick goes, that pick holds a lot more value. Being that it is a top 5 lock in a draft that if the "one and done" rule stays will be 8 deep in players as good as the top 2 or 3 in this years class.

Kakaroach
05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
The Jazz could give one of their 2 lottery picks + CJ Miles and Raja Bell or something. Not sure what Philly is looking for, maybe a big man?

Swashcuff
05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
The Jazz could give one of their 2 lottery picks + CJ Miles and Raja Bell or something. Not sure what Philly is looking for, maybe a big man?

That would be highway robbery for the Jazz. No thanks.

sixer04fan
05-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Magic fans - IF you don't think you will be able to resign Dwight, would a package of Iguodala, Thad Young, and 2 first round picks for Dwight be in the ballpark?

Now remember, I said IF because I don't want to offend anyone haha. I know that he's on the Magic, he likes Orlando, and you guys still might resign him, so don't take it the wrong way... Obviously you guys would throw in some bad contracts on your end to make the salaries match. I don't even know if that deal is close to the package you guys could get for Dwight... It could be insulting, it could be a decent offer. What do you think? Maybe adding in Lou Williams or Mo Speights would help? Or would have absolutely have to add in Evan Turner or Jrue Holiday to even be having this conversation?

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Magic fans - IF you don't think you will be able to resign Dwight, would a package of Iguodala, Thad Young, and 2 first round picks for Dwight be in the ballpark?

Now remember, I said IF because I don't want to offend anyone haha. I know that he's on the Magic, he likes Orlando, and you guys still might resign him, so don't take it the wrong way... Obviously you guys would throw in some bad contracts on your end to make the salaries match. I don't even know if that deal is close to the package you guys could get for Dwight... It could be insulting, it could be a decent offer. What do you think? Maybe adding in Lou Williams or Mo Speights would help? Or would have absolutely have to add in Evan Turner or Jrue Holiday to even be having this conversation?

magic fan here and ehh, i don't think that'd be enough. we have a log jam at the SF position. you'd have to take on hedo

sixer04fan
05-10-2011, 12:34 PM
magic fan here and ehh, i don't think that'd be enough. we have a log jam at the SF position. you'd have to take on hedo

Fine... As long as you keep Gilbert Arenas, we can talk haha

rapjuicer06
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Fine... As long as you keep Gilbert Arenas, we can talk haha

would also need a center too...we don't have one lol. i'm actually ok with keeping gilbert. he's going to be working with one of the best trainers this offseason so i'm hoping that helps him and if he becomes half of what he was, he'd be better than what we have lol

corky831
05-10-2011, 01:03 PM
id trade jeff green for him

sixer04fan
05-10-2011, 01:40 PM
id trade jeff green for him

Now we're talking. Jeff Green still has great potential and could be a good return for Iguodala. The downside of Jeff Green is that, while super athletic and talented, he is a sf/pf tweener. He's very similar to Thad Young in that respect, so it's not necessarily what the Sixers need, but he could definitely be a great building block to go alongside Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner.

I don't know if Boston would be looking to go in that direction though. Sure, Iguodala could be a good piece with the Big 3 to contend. But after next year, KG and Allen might be gone, and Boston will most likely be looking to build around Rondo and Green.

If I'm the Sixers, you're looking to trade Iggy for 2 reasons. He's a very valuable player, don't get me wrong, and would be a great addition for a contender. But 1) He's stunting the development of Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday because he plays Evan's position and he handles the ball a lot as a point-forward. If I'm the Sixers, I'm looking to make this team revolve around Jrue and Evan starting as soon as next year. And 2) If the Sixers are looking to take the next step as a top 3-4 team in the East next year, they HAVE to acquire a big man, even if that means trading Iggy. I'd be looking for a return of a dependable big man that could still be a long term solution like Kaman, Al Jeff, or Marc Gasol. I doubt Gasol's going anywhere, but just saying... A pipe dream trade would be to acquire Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol if the Lakers are looking to blow up the team. Obviously more pieces would have to be involved in these trades, but these would be ideal starting blocks for the Sixers.

illmill414
05-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Iggy and Young for Maggette, Salmons and a 1st rounder.

MTone8788
05-10-2011, 11:50 PM

How about.... no

SugeKnight
05-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Would Biedrins + Warriors 1st round draft pick be enough?

ryguy553
05-11-2011, 12:10 AM

You must be joking? Both Iggy and Young are vastly vastly superior to those washed up players. You could give me four 1st rounders I still wouldn't agree to that deal. If we got someone like Rudy Gay or Mayo and change from Memphis or Brook Lopez and a throw-in like Warrick or Pietrus I would be happy with that haul. The Bynum thing is a pipe dream.

ryguy553
05-11-2011, 12:11 AM

Not close. Biedrins has really seemed to regress as a player the past few seasons.

mttwlsn16
05-11-2011, 12:22 AM
hes going to go to the clippers for chris kaman and whatever other small pieces each team may/may not decide to include
they 2 teams have already heavily discussed it before earlier this year and its sure to come up again
kamans contract is an expiring, so iggy+kamans expiring off the books gives the sixers a lot of money free'd up
and gives the clippers a legit SF (gomes doesnt count) to play alongside blake, eric gordon, mo williams, deandre jordan

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 12:26 AM

I know that Jrue Holiday and Dwight Howard are good friends. When he had the ridiculous poster alley oop dunk on Jrue he yelled to him "DONT JUMP!" lol

They're both good Christian boys and all :cool:

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 12:27 AM

No

CityofChaos
05-11-2011, 12:34 AM

LOL you wouldnt want Philly dumping garbage on your city would you?

Aside from Stephen Curry and maybe Dorell Wright, the Warriors have no attractive trade pieces.

hugepatsfan
05-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Mo-Gordon-Iggy-Blake-Jordan is such a nasty starting 5. I love the way that looks on paper. I think those 5 guys just fit together.

Kaman + Al Faroq (last year's LAC lottery pick - can't spell name) and maybe a pick... does that get it done? PHI gets cap relief and a very talented prospect to take over the SF spot in PHI.

SeoulBeatz
05-11-2011, 12:35 AM

ewww are u kidding me?

Baller1
05-11-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm not understanding why Philly wants to part with AI...

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 12:43 AM

What about Iggy, Nocioni (expiring), Lou Williams, Marreese Speights, 2012 1st round pick, and 2014 1st round pick for Howard and Turkoglu?

I would only do that as Sixers GM if I was sure Howard would sign an extension though. Don't want him leaving, Sixers would be decimated.

apet8945
05-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Kaman + Aminu for Iggy + Speights/Hawes + Meeks

or

Kaman + Minnesota 1st Rounder 2012 for Iggy + Speights/Hawes + Philly 1st Rounder 2012

or

Kaman for Iggy straight up if Philly is willing.

Not sure Philly can get a better deal than what the Clippers can offer. And yes, a starting five of Williams, EJ, Iggy, Griffin, and DJ is quite nasty on paper. :D

SeoulBeatz
05-11-2011, 02:47 AM
Kaman + Aminu for Iggy + Speights/Hawes + Meeks

or

Kaman + Minnesota 1st Rounder 2012 for Iggy + Speights/Hawes + Philly 1st Rounder 2012

or

Kaman for Iggy straight up if Philly is willing.

Not sure Philly can get a better deal than what the Clippers can offer. And yes, a starting five of Williams, EJ, Iggy, Griffin, and DJ is quite nasty on paper. :D

all of those deals are very one sided man.

gotta look at the trade from both perspectives. Kaman is pushing 30 and has regressed as of late and doesn't fit the sixers game plan or rebuilding.

313forLife
05-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Iggy and Daniels for Rip Charlie and a pick....solid trade?

ElMarroAfamado
05-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Lord help whoever ends up with Igoudala ...he reminds of Corey Maggette

ElMarroAfamado
05-11-2011, 03:59 AM
hes going to go to the clippers for chris kaman and whatever other small pieces each team may/may not decide to include
they 2 teams have already heavily discussed it before earlier this year and its sure to come up again
kamans contract is an expiring, so iggy+kamans expiring off the books gives the sixers a lot of money free'd up
and gives the clippers a legit SF (gomes doesnt count) to play alongside blake, eric gordon, mo williams, deandre jordan

How is Igoudala legit? The Clippers do not need a SF who cant shoot, or a streaky shooter at best they already have Gomes for that. They do not need a guy who drives because he cant shoot and then will turn the ball over, they have Aminu for that. Ideally, the Clippers need a guy like Granger. A guy who is lethal from 3 and maaaaybe a Jason Richardson....Gomes and Aminu get so many open looks because of the double and triple teams on Blake that it was pathetic watching them miss WIDE OPEN shots/3s. When they would try to NOT shoot the 3 and drive or do anything else because of how open they were they would just turn the ball over. We need a SF who can punish the defense for doubling and triple teaming Blake....

bholly
05-11-2011, 04:03 AM
Iggy and Daniels for Rip Charlie and a pick....solid trade?

God no. You want to take the guy you want, get rid of the horrendous contracts you don't want, without filling any of our major needs, and you think we'll do it for a pick that isn't worth that much given it's likely 7th or 8th in a weak draft? We're trying to build a contender, not a lottery team.

Also, we don't actually have Daniels. He was a vet min guy who we signed for the rest of the season. I don't know where the trade machine gets that its figures from.

313forLife
05-11-2011, 04:08 AM
God no. You want to take the guy you want, get rid of the horrendous contracts you don't want, without filling any of our major needs, and you think we'll do it for a pick that isn't worth that much given it's likely 7th or 8th in a weak draft? We're trying to build a contender, not a lottery team.

Also, we don't actually have Daniels. He was a vet min guy who we signed for the rest of the season. I don't know where the trade machine gets that its figures from.

Well Antonio Daniels kind of kills that now, but if you throw this years 7th pick for the pistons and a future first round, it seems fair to me. Rip can still play, it just isn't working in Detroit. Every team needs its vets

Jewelz0376
05-11-2011, 04:50 AM
I would love for the Lakers to get Iggy

bholly
05-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Well Antonio Daniels kind of kills that now, but if you throw this years 7th pick for the pistons and a future first round, it seems fair to me. Rip can still play, it just isn't working in Detroit. Every team needs its vets

Sure, every team needs vets - that doesn't mean a rebuilding team should be open to taking on $20m per year in vets on long term contracts who won't add anything to the future of the team. Instead, we pay vet minimums to guys like Daniels and Battie. Rip plays the same position as one of our most important young guys, who we just drafted a year ago, and Charlie plays the same position as Thad and Brackins and isn't good enough to be a part of our future. Seriously, no thanks. There are much much better ways to get mid-lottery picks.

Honestly, the only way I see Detroit getting rid of the Hamilton/Villanueva/Gordon contracts AND bringing talent back in the same deal, is if they start throwing the name Greg Monroe around, in which case they'd be better off just drafting well and waiting the contracts out.

TFleury14
05-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I think a good place for Iggy to end up is with the Cavs sadly enough. A possible package deal including Anderson Varejao and maybe Alonzo Gee and a pick. Varejao fits in with the Sixers need of a center, and Gee gives flexibility behind Thaddeus Young. Obviously the Cavs need a bit of everything, so Iggy would help quite a bit. Baron Davis, Ramon Sessions, Andre Iguodala, J.J. Hickson, and Ryan Hollins wouldn't sound as bad, the bench would but Cleveland might not be as pathetic

sixer04fan
05-11-2011, 08:59 AM
By the way, the title of the article is "Inside the Sixers: Prepare to say goodbye to Iguodala," not "76ers prepare to say goodbye to Iguodala." It's more of an opinion by the writer that he'll probably get traded... In no way have the Sixers given any hint that a trade is imminent.

mttwlsn16
05-11-2011, 09:19 AM
all of those deals are very one sided man.

gotta look at the trade from both perspectives. Kaman is pushing 30 and has regressed as of late and doesn't fit the sixers game plan or rebuilding.

iggy off your hands free's up cap space, as well as kaman's expiring, and the sixers are set to be players in 2012 free agency

Mc Uncle Cola
05-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Im suprised the Nets dont make somewhat of a push for him ..thats a wing player there looking for..im sure Deron would like that. But im sure Rod Thorn doesnt want to trade him to the Nets

Farmar-petro-morrow-pick/james?

im sure saleries work out

-Kobe24-TJ19-
05-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Another trade that was discussed last season involved trading Iguodala to the Los Angeles Clippers for big man Chris Kaman.

clippers would rape lmao

jtsunami
05-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Iggy would be great for the Lakers. Especially if they continue to completely ignore how bad their PG is.

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 12:14 PM
What do you guys think about Iggy for Francisco Garcia and the #5 pick (specifically only if Kanter is there, Sixers need a big man)?

sixer04fan
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
How do Jazz fans feel about an Iggy for Al Jeff type swap?

GrkGawdofWalkz
05-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Can they take Brand back as well. Heh. I like the idea on Kaman with a pick.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 01:45 PM

so does LeBron, remember?

Who wouldn't want the best perimeter defender in the NBA, and a player who can be a 15-5-5 guy on the offensive end? Sure he makes a bit too much money, but I would love it if the Wolves went after him.

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
How do Jazz fans feel about an Iggy for Al Jeff type swap?

No. Him and Brand and play the same position, and even if we didn't have a power forward we'd prefer some combination of cap space and picks in an Iggy deal, not a player of similar talent level and age.

I would do a Utah deal for the #6 pick if Kanter was available there. Iggy and Speights for Okur and the #6.

superabound
05-11-2011, 02:17 PM
No. Him and Brand and play the same position, and even if we didn't have a power forward we'd prefer some combination of cap space and picks in an Iggy deal, not a player of similar talent level and age.

I would do a Utah deal for the #6 pick if Kanter was available there. Iggy and Speights for Okur and the #6.

Is Okur expiring? That would be the only reason I'd want that guy on the 76ers, regardless of trying to make salaries match up in imaginary trade world. He had one good season and has been injured ever since.

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 02:22 PM

What about Beasley, Ellington, and #20? Beasley and Ellington both have team options after this next season, and Beasley can score, Ellington a nice 7-8 man, and the #20 pick in this years draft could net you an athletic defender to replace some of that you lose with Iggy.

BcEuAbRsS
05-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I really like him alot... wish the Bulls would be abled to make a push for him...

jezzyman05
05-11-2011, 02:25 PM

I know you just didn't say this when you have that sig :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I really like him alot... wish the Bulls would be abled to make a push for him...

they pretty much have him in Deng. You need a legit SG who can score on his own from time to time, and that is pretty much it.

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Is Okur expiring? That would be the only reason I'd want that guy on the 76ers, regardless of trying to make salaries match up in imaginary trade world. He had one good season and has been injured ever since.

Yes Okur is expiring.

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
What about Beasley, Ellington, and #20? Beasley and Ellington both have team options after this next season, and Beasley can score, Ellington a nice 7-8 man, and the #20 pick in this years draft could net you an athletic defender to replace some of that you lose with Iggy.

lol no

Hawkeye15
05-11-2011, 02:46 PM
lol no

wouldn't you be looking for expirings and a pick?

aaronmckie
05-11-2011, 02:53 PM
wouldn't you be looking for expirings and a pick?

Yeah. Maybe if that #20 pick was #5 or something then Sixers would do it.

sep11ie
05-11-2011, 03:01 PM
I love how everyone is a G.M.

kylem4711
05-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Mo-Gordon-Iggy-Blake-Jordan is such a nasty starting 5. I love the way that looks on paper. I think those 5 guys just fit together.

Kaman + Al Faroq (last year's LAC lottery pick - can't spell name) and maybe a pick... does that get it done? PHI gets cap relief and a very talented prospect to take over the SF spot in PHI.

ewwwwwwwwww for the clips

blastmasta26
05-11-2011, 06:40 PM
I love the idea of Iggy on the Clippers. He gives them the playmaker and lockdown defender they need, while adding to the athleticism they already have.