PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne Wade - you are going to get yours!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Vikes_Fan_TC
05-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Unnecessary comments removed

phantasyyy
05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
that was one dirty *** play man ****

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
he is dirty, and this is the superstar treatment that is total BS. if the roles were reversed it would have been a foul against rondo.

why in the world is he allowed to box someone out on a loose ball? thats the definition of a loose ball foul, illegal contact preventing a play on the ball.

now of course a heat mod, or other mod on PSD will close this thread in about 2 seconds because its words that are not of the kind variety, directed at a precious heat player.

Hoopsadvocate
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Oh please if it was dirty the announcers clearly would have said it. They got tangled and rondo tryed o extend his arm to break his fall and it cost him. Unfortunate. But this is pathetic

netsgiantsyanks
05-07-2011, 10:09 PM
i didn't see the play, but if you have to have announcers clarify to you that a play is a dirty play, then that's just sad. :pity:

3Blueforyou
05-07-2011, 10:10 PM
ya that was a ugly looking arm, I was watching it over and over on pvr. Arms are not suppose to bend that way. Celtics playing with passion now. win 1 for rondo!!! he is back !!!!!! as i write this.

DzJackson10
05-07-2011, 10:11 PM
can anyone get a vid? im not at home and wanna see it lol

Rego247
damn gotta catch the replay to see for myself.

MacFitz92
Oh please if it was dirty the announcers clearly would have said it. They got tangled and rondo tryed o extend his arm to break his fall and it cost him. Unfortunate. But this is pathetic

Are you joking?

DzJackson10
05-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Are you joking?

He is a biased heat fan obviously, if someone did this to Wade he would be even more pissed, i hate both teams =):clap:

MacFitz92
05-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Ah. ^

Clearly a cheap shot that led to a nasty outcome.

Hoopsadvocate
05-07-2011, 10:14 PM
ok put it this way they easily say eerytime a foul iscalled that is debatable if it was so and so fault because they have replay and they weren't saying wade pulled gingham and on the replay U can clearly see rondos arm around wades hip and wade I falling backwards on rondo so how I that wades fault?

daricoliver
05-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I watched this play and all of the replays. Wade was grabbing him, but this was not a dirty play. Wade fell too. This was just physical play in a playoff game, not a dirty play. I hate both teams so I am neutral.

3Blueforyou
05-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Not a great video but its a little evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t9r478YqcQ

Celtic AL
05-07-2011, 10:18 PM
He sufferd a dislocasited Elbow! & then he poped it back in

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 10:19 PM
ok put it this way they easily say eerytime a foul iscalled that is debatable if it was so and so fault because they have replay and they weren't saying wade pulled gingham and on the replay U can clearly see rondos arm around wades hip and wade I falling backwards on rondo so how I that wades fault?

just shut up, i mean we all know you were a cavs fan until this year

3Blueforyou
05-07-2011, 10:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5BEmDuvFhU

Hoopsadvocate
05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
just shut up, i mean we all know you were a cavs fan until this year

Lol oh ya u got me go check my post history and embarass me. Ull see my first posts were in te heat forum and always have been since my join date. go cry some more

JerseysFinest
05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
It was unnecessary for Wade to do that, but to wish something like that would happen to him is wrong.

Eightyfive Y'aw
05-07-2011, 10:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5BEmDuvFhU

It all looks pretty innocent.

D Roses Bulls

you're kidding right? ESPN is all over miami's nuts. they would never sau anything bad about the heat.

John Walls Era
So every accidental play leads to getting bad karma?

tonydanza87
Knicks fan, as much as I would like to say it, cause I DESPISE the Heat, that was a clean, playoff basketball play, fortunately Rondo is back I thought for sure his forearm was broken.

Celtic AL
Lol oh ya u got me go check my post history and embarass me. Ull see my first posts were in te heat forum and always have been since my join date. go cry some more

:pity:

BradytoGronkTD
Rondo is back in. Absolute true gamer, any one player on the heat roster would be crying in the locker room right now. FACT

Hoopsadvocate
05-07-2011, 10:26 PM
It all looks pretty innocent.

THANK YOU!!

Check the replay folks there is no malice in that sequenc of events just too scrappy players getting tangled up

Vikes_Fan_TC
05-07-2011, 10:27 PM
It was unnecessary for Wade to do that, but to wish something like that would happen to him is wrong.

I totally disagree with you. Wade deserves to be taken out, OLD SCHOOL style, like would have happened pre-Stern. There is no place in professional sports for trying to intentionally hurt another player, in any sport. That was totally uncalled for, regardless that Rondo is back trying to play with one arm. As fans, we have the right to say these things since we have no realistic way of attaining a measure of revenge.

Celtic AL
05-07-2011, 10:28 PM
THANK YOU!!

Check the replay folks there is no malice in that sequenc of events just too scrappy players getting tangled up

i dont see it! i want to see the whole before i say its clean

JerseysFinest
05-07-2011, 10:30 PM
I totally disagree with you. Wade deserves to be taken out, OLD SCHOOL style, like would have happened pre-Stern. There is no place in professional sports for trying to intentionally hurt another player, in any sport. That was totally uncalled for, regardless that Rondo is back trying to play with one arm. As fans, we have the right to say these things since we have no realistic way of attaining a measure of revenge.

Regardless if we're discussing athletes, celebrities, average people, whatever, it isn't right to wish harm on another person, period. I respect your opinion, but you don't fight fire with fire.

k.smith904
05-07-2011, 10:31 PM
yeah wade shouldn't have held onto him, but its not like he snapped Rondo's elbow, he just fell on it wrong.

hardly a dirty play.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 10:31 PM
:laugh: agree with the OP. Wade is such a douche for that

DzJackson10
05-07-2011, 10:32 PM
you're kidding right? ESPN is all over miami's nuts. they would never sau anything bad about the heat.

amen

k.smith904
haha the crowd hates wade right now.

Stat&Meloallday
Comical wade trying to act tough, he clearly is a soft player.

tonydanza87
He clearly wasnt intentionally trying to hurt another player. Its a physical game, people get tied up, if you think that was a dirty play you need your head checked

yanksknicks
05-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Given all the mystery calls Wade gets -- I hope he gets his knees taken out.

Knickrocketsfan
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Comical wade trying to act tough, he clearly is a soft player.

wade is not a soft player smh:facepalm:

fishfan79
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
title of the thread and opening post is a bit baiting style. should be closed to put it simply

tonydanza87
05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
and in the same sentence Vikes Fan you say that "Wade deserves to be taken out, OLD SCHOOL style" and that "There is no place in professional sports for trying to intentionally hurt another player" so make up your mind what is it?

Hoopsadvocate
05-07-2011, 10:35 PM
i dont see it! i want to see the whole before i say its clean

I understand ur skepticism but can clearly see it's not dirty because I'm sorry real dirty plays are damn obvious

Kyben36
05-07-2011, 10:36 PM
NOthing dirty about it,

pebloemer
05-07-2011, 10:38 PM

As someone who is going for the Celtics in this series, I agree. Re-fing-lax people. It's playoff basketball. **** happens in the physicality of the game...

avrpatsfan
Looked clean to me. :shrug:

clferg75
Wade, you are the biggest piece of **** for that cheap shot on Rondo. His wrist/arm is probably broken, I hope you are happy now. Next time you drive to the hoop, someone like Shaq needs to plant you like you deserve and no official's call is gonna bail you out. I hope someone ends your career, I have no respoect for you. Go to hell, you suck and deserve all the worst.

WOW!! :facepalm:

Celtic AL
05-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I understand ur skepticism but can clearly see it's not dirty because I'm sorry real dirty plays are damn obvious

what? idk i want to see the full video! from the start & the Finsh

Teeboy1487
05-07-2011, 10:40 PM
I thought Wade drugged him down with him out of frustration but that's just me.

RB#20
05-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Ron Artest's play was more dirty than this one. I don't think Wade was trying to take him out but he was clearly trying to take him down I mean he had a leg scissors on Rondo. It's one thing if you get your legs tangled but this wasn't the case here. I think he intended to trip Rondo and that was it. Playoff basketball is dirty basketball for the most part anyway so long story short, **** happens. I was pissed at Wade when this happened as there was no reason to continue with the play after the ball went out of bounds.

Gibby
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Thats not a dirty play. Wade grabbed onto him, and they both fell. Thats a foul but not a dirty play. If Rondo didnt get hurt, there wouldnt be this reaction.

marlinsfan24
05-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Play wasn't dirty. And yes, the first post was clearly bait ridden.

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Okay so now blockig out is a dirty wwf move? Lmao ur a clown

It was playoff roughness Im
Bot saying wade was ticklig him but this series has been physical it was an unfortunate event not a purpose hard foul. I mean pierce fouls wade hard mid air Which ha a likelier chance of injuring people than a block out.

lol, take off you newly acquired homer glasses.

lets flash back, asik dove on the ground for a lose ball, bosh got his ankle rolled on it. christina then cried like the girl he/she is about players hustling for lose balls. saying it could effect his lively hood. so he was telling asik to chill with hustle plays.

then this happens, and you are on wade's nuts about it saying its a playoff play? so in your opinion you cant hustle, well scratch that in miami's opinions fans and players, you cant hustle during the regular season , but this **** is okay?

just FYI you cant throw people to the floor on lose balls, that is a foul. if its not then why are whitsle's blown when a player dives on top of, or clips him while diving over him for a lose ball.

your defense on this is hilarious, you actually you are the clown.

please flame on though

also, spell check

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 10:45 PM
Play wasn't dirty. And yes, the first post was clearly bait ridden.

it was clearly dirty

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Thats not a dirty play. Wade grabbed onto him, and they both fell. Thats a foul but not a dirty play. If Rondo didnt get hurt, there wouldnt be this reaction.

no, no we need to correct this. if the roles were reversed, the few handful's of miami's real fans, and the hundreds of new fans would be tearing up psd right now calling for heads.

mackworth
05-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Wade tried to do this earlier in the game when pierce gave him the hard body block. He tried to pull pierce down with him.

scumbag.

pebloemer
05-07-2011, 10:50 PM
no, no we need to correct this. if the roles were reversed, the few handful's of miami's real fans, and the hundreds of new fans would be tearing up psd right now calling for heads.

No. Even if Miami fans reacted strongly, it doesn't justify it as a dirty play. Just as strong reactions from PSD member rooting for Cetics doesn't justify it as a dirty play. Relax PSD - this is playoff basketball.

Local-Legend89
05-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I think Wade intentionally pulled him down as he was falling but he wasn't looking to cause injury to Rondo. However, Rondo definetly got the last word by taking the Heat to school all 4th quarter long with just one arm. Great win for the Celtics tonight.

Sportfan
05-07-2011, 10:51 PM
WOW!! :facepalm:
What's there to facepalm?

Shortys4711
05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
Far out, talk about over reacting. It was by far not a dirty play. Two guys just going hard at it and Rondo fell awkwardly. That sort of play happens few times a game, If no one got hurt there would not have been anything even said about it.

marlinsfan24
05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
it was clearly dirty

Yet Celtics fans here are disagreeing with you...

KnicksR4Real
05-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Calm down.

KnicksR4Real
05-07-2011, 10:55 PM
People don't listen to themselves. WTF! It was no cheap shot. Stop crying.

godolphins
05-07-2011, 10:56 PM
That wasn't a dirty play by Wade at all, he was trying to block Rondo out and then the injury happened

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 10:57 PM
That wasn't a dirty play by Wade at all, he was trying to block Rondo out and then the injury happened

lol block him out on a loose ball after a steal?:facepalm:

godolphins
05-07-2011, 10:58 PM
People don't listen to themselves. WTF! It was no cheap shot. Stop crying.
Exactly

E.O.21
05-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I dont think wade intentionally tried to injure Rondo but that play was defenitely unnecessary. He was frustrated but it was a punk move

godolphins
05-07-2011, 11:00 PM
lol block him out on a loose ball after a steal?:facepalm:

What!?! What!?
Yeah!!!

Cal827
05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I don't understand the anger. I'm not a fan of either team, and It appeared that he got injured because they got tangled up. If the team thought it was dirty (as in Wade intended to injure), you don't think they wouldn't go after Wade?

kjoke
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I think there needs to be some clarification. The play was not dirty nor was it a attack on rondo, it was not clean, because, well it was a foul. That being said, I'm sure wade didnt have the notion that he should fall down so he can get rondo injured. It was the arm being there are the wrong time of the foul.

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 11:03 PM
What!?! What!?
Yeah!!!

what? you cant go around throwing people to the floor, or blocking them out when there is a lose ball. again if they call fouls while players dive for loose balls, then that was clearly also a foul.

this is not rugby or futbol that all of you on south beoch enjoy

Bulls_fan90
05-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Karma is a ***** Wade.

unleashthebeast
05-07-2011, 11:05 PM

hahahahahhahahahhha u sir are quite the *** arent u? u honestly believe that wade was trying to hurt rondo? were u watching the game? obviously not, wade got tangled up and was falling over and made sure he wasnt the only one going down. but oh, i guess that means that he wanted rondo to dislocate his shoulder? i guess thats why all the HEAT players went over to rondo when he came back in and asked if he was alright.... u have no idea what u r talking about

NYMetros
Dick move by Wade. He didn't intentially injure Rondo obviously, but he still shouldn't be throwing him to the floor, it's just uncalled for.

Big Zo
Chowdah! I want chowdah on his head!

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 11:06 PM
I don't understand the anger. I'm not a fan of either team, and It seemed like a injury just because they got tangled up. If the team thought it was dirty (as in Wade intended to injure), you don't think they would go after Wade?

did that not happen 2 possessions later? looked pretty clear to me there were some words that had to have been exchanged. then wade shucks allen to the floor on a rebound, and they had to be separated.

Lim
05-07-2011, 11:07 PM
im convinced this site is full of 15 year olds

NYKnicksAllDay
05-07-2011, 11:08 PM
**** happens. Players get tangled up like that all the time. Sometimes someone gets hurt. It happens.

stlbest5in2013
05-07-2011, 11:08 PM
hahahahahhahahahhha u sir are quite the *** arent u? u honestly believe that wade was trying to hurt rondo? were u watching the game? obviously not, wade got tangled up and was falling over and made sure he wasnt the only one going down. but oh, i guess that means that he wanted rondo to dislocate his shoulder? i guess thats why all the HEAT players went over to rondo when he came back in and asked if he was alright.... u have no idea what u r talking about

lets be clear, wade then proceeded to knock allen to the floor on a rebound. allen took exception and wade popped off at the mouth.

also lets remember, which 2 *****es said this series was personal before it even got started.

iggypop123
05-07-2011, 11:09 PM
some people are nuts. i hate the heat as much as any of you but that was not intentional. in fact rondo shouldn't have held wade's arm. he lost his balance and hence. the accident.

redsox0717
05-07-2011, 11:09 PM
I just saw the replay in hi-def like 15 times.

If you think Wade did this by mistake then you either A.) Blind or B.) A blatant Heat homer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNRbZPf1Les

How is that clean?!

MrfadeawayJB
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I didnt see anything dirty. Rondo just had bad luck and fell akwardly

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 11:11 PM
this thread's still up? :laugh2:

it's clear as day that Wade pulled him down on purpose.

Big Zo
05-07-2011, 11:12 PM

If you think Wade did this by mistake then you either A.) Blind or B.) A blatant Heat homer

How is that clean?!

Like I said before, chowdah on his head!

KingPosey
05-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Wade, you are the biggest piece of **** for that cheap shot on Rondo. His wrist/arm is probably broken, I hope you are happy now. Next time you drive to the hoop, someone like Shaq needs to plant you like you deserve and no official's call is gonna bail you out. I hope someone ends your career, I have no respoect for you. Go to hell, you suck and deserve all the worst.

Are you all ****ing serious? Ya it was cheap, but this is playoff basketball. That BARELY registers as a hard playoff foul. You all need to stop crying about every foul this year.

I have seen KG do much worse, and several players do much worse, especially in the playoffs.

If you want a soft postseason, go watch the WNBA and go cry with the rest of the girls.

DzJackson10
05-07-2011, 11:13 PM
Doesn't look too dirty i mean obviously wade wanted Rondo to fall with him but that doesnt mean that he wanted to injure him, and as much as i dislike the Heat/lebron i wouldnt say that i would wish for them to get injured

godolphins
what? you cant go around throwing people to the floor, or blocking them out when there is a lose ball. again if they call fouls while players dive for loose balls, then that was clearly also a foul.

this is not rugby or futbol that all of you on south beoch enjoy

This is WWE type basketball!!!!!!!!!!!

iggypop123

How is that clean?!

lol the guy with the rondo avatar from boston says people who dont agree are homers?

unleashthebeast
lets be clear, wade then proceeded to knock allen to the floor on a rebound. allen took exception and wade popped off at the mouth.

also lets remember, which 2 *****es said this series was personal before it even got started.

did u watch that ray allen play??? he basically flopped, wade barely touched him, then ray started talking **** to wade because he was sdtill frustrated about the last play. and back to the rondo play, yeah it was a foul. THATS WHY THEY CALLED A FOUL. but if u think that wade was trying to hurt him than u are a hater

Shortys4711
05-07-2011, 11:15 PM

How is that clean?!

or c.) Not a fan of either team and can actually see that this play was not as bad as you are making it out to be.

And I just checked the Hi-Def version too and omg its still the same out come. Calling out people for being a heat homer, when your clearly one of the biggest Celtic homers out there

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 11:18 PM
obviously Wade didn't mean to break his arm...nobody's debating that. but clearly Wade hooked Rondo's arm and pulled him down on purpose. if u can't admit that then u must be blind

daricoliver
05-07-2011, 11:18 PM
lol,

just FYI you cant throw people to the floor on lose balls, that is a foul. if its not then why are whitsle's blown when a player dives on top of, or clips him while diving over him for a lose ball.

your defense on this is hilarious, you actually you are the clown.

please flame on though

also, spell check

To be fair, you just bust someone's chops about spell checking and in the course of your response, you make two errors yourself. "Why are whistles (not whitsle's) blown" and "floor on loose (not lose) balls"

Just Saying

redsox0717
05-07-2011, 11:19 PM
obviously Wade didn't mean to break his arm...nobody's debating that. but clearly Wade hooked Rondo's arm and pulled him down on purpose. if u can't admit that then u must be blind

THIS. I'm not saying he intentionally caused injury to him. I'm saying he maliciously took him down with him, which is crystal clear from the replay.

jimmyb33
05-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Are you all ****ing serious? Ya it was cheap, but this is playoff basketball. That BARELY registers as a hard playoff foul. You all need to stop crying about every foul this year.

I have seen KG do much worse, and several players do much worse, especially in the playoffs.

If you want a soft postseason, go watch the WNBA and go cry with the rest of the girls.

or i could just watch chris bosh play basketball

Cal827
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
This is WWE type basketball!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the Steel Chair and Chris Paul Interfering with the game by playing point guard for the Heat. lol

NYMetros
05-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Just watched it again, and I change my mind, very dirty move on Wade's part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfCMqT05No8

45 seconds, you can see Wade stick his legs behind Rondo and then yank him down.

M.Bibby2.0
The OP is overreacting here, was it a lose ball foul on wade, sure, but this is playoff basketball ***** gets physical. It's unfortunate that Rondo landed that way, obviously wade was not intending to injure him but to stop him from getting the ball.. It's not like he clothes-lined someone half his size out of frustration.
Secondly, tell me the Celtics (esp KG) don't play rough and dirty? That passes for toughness in the NBA. Rondo landed unfortunately, he'll be fine, get over it.

EDIT: Upon reviewing one of the latest video's, the ball is clearly out of bounds before they fall, so I change my verdict = dirty play. Apologies.

unleashthebeast

what are posts like this going to accomplish? these posts will get this thread closed, along with many other childish posts in this thread. wade fouled rondo, rondo got injured because he landed funky. nothing more, nothing less

Piercefan34
05-07-2011, 11:24 PM
umm im a die hard celtics fan, hate the heat to the worst extent, but this play wasn't dirty at all really. it was a loose ball foul yes but he wasn't trying to hurt rajon.

Shortys4711
05-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Where's the Steel Chair and Chris Paul Interfering with the game by playing point guard for the Heat. lol

PP bought the chair a few years back.;)

TheRunKiller
05-07-2011, 11:25 PM
title of the thread and opening post is a bit baiting style. should be closed to put it simply

:cry:

SwatTeam
05-07-2011, 11:26 PM
hahahaha, some of you 15 year old clowns in here are funny. Give me a break - oh wait, too soon?

Brew Crew
05-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Figures...Lets not forget the college Wade went too...Marquette, if you know that school, you'd understand.

But is it surprising from the Heat?

KingPosey
05-07-2011, 11:28 PM
^
Get out of here with the post patrolling, you arent here to teach people what should said and what shouldnt. People need to realize that post season basketball is something entirely different when it comes to how physical it is.

And most people on PSD complain that the NBA is too soft as it is.

But you had one thing right, if Rondo doesnt fall so weirdly, its just a cheap foul, or a flagrant 1 at most. Guys pulling other guys to the ground is fairly common as it is.

Boston needs to come back and let Wade know what the deal is though. Send an enforcer out.

NYK|NYY
05-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't think it was a big deal in terms of it being a dirty play, but BOS needs to put Wade in his place.

KingPosey
05-07-2011, 11:30 PM
QUOTE]

haha

just so you know, Im not a Heat fan, actually used to like Wade till they formed the Team like they did. I just dont see this as anything more than an excessive foul during playoff basketball.

jimbobjarree
05-07-2011, 11:31 PM
If you want a soft postseason, go watch the WNBA and go cry with the rest of the girls.[/QUOTE]

this

godolphins
05-07-2011, 11:34 PM

Habada Habada Habada!!!

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 11:35 PM
It definitely should have been a foul, but I don't give a s--t. wade will get his. book it. Plus rondo isn't a little b--ch and was right back in there. Dunking the ball and taking the ball to the rim against lebrick. So, whatever. If this was bosh, he would have been crying and would be out for awhile.

Cal827
05-07-2011, 11:36 PM
PP bought the chair a few years back.;)

:laugh:

jockrider
05-07-2011, 11:38 PM
it didn't look like an accident it looked like wade tried to flip him or something.

it also looked like rondo was giving elbow to wades neck and was being very physical either way it's the playoffs what happened was unfortuante but i can't believe how many people are getting butthurt especially the non-celtic fans.

gotoHcarolina52
Don't think it was dirty, but the contact was definitely intentional from both players. Hate to see anyone go down with an injury, especially a player as key to his team as Rondo. Hope he's alright.

ne3xchamps
I don't think it was a big deal in terms of it being a dirty play, but BOS needs to put Wade in his place.

I was actually hoping that doc would put baby davis in there so he could body slam wade. Not like a suspension to davis would hurt boston.:laugh2:

SwatTeam
05-07-2011, 11:40 PM

I just want to make sure Karma is in balance here are PSD, so here's my response to the OP:
"Vikes_Fac_TC, you are the biggest piece of **** for that curse you put on Wade. His career/life is probably over, I hope you are happy now. Next time you go to work, someone like the head custodian needs to plant you like you deserve and no bosses will bail you out. I hope someone ends your career as a janitor. I have no respect for you. Go to hell, you suck and deserve all the worst." PS clean up the ******* I took on the floor on your way out.

Karma has been restored. We can all live in peace now.

Chi StateOfMind
05-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Ask yourself how do u drag someone down and know that they are going to dislocate their arm. U don't. Now I agree with people saying that it was a unnecessary play but to say he intended to do it is a little farfetched. Just playoff basketball that ended up with an injury that could of ended with a worse result. Wade just seems to be around alot of contraversial plays in this series.

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Don't think it was dirty, but the contact was definitely intentional from both players. Hate to see anyone go down with an injury, especially a player as key to his team as Rondo. Hope he's alright.

He'll be fine. he's like iverson used to be... take a licking and keep on ticking. He's young and a beast.

Jahari Kavi
Intentional foul perhaps, but he wasn't trying to hurt him.........

jockrider

+1

100% agree it was clear as day it was intentional both teams are dirty as hell let's see if the bulls have any bawls next round.

bulldog312
05-07-2011, 11:45 PM
It was slightly dirty. There is no need to pull someone down with you as you are falling. But it wasn't flagrant foul dirty or anything like that. The fact that Rondo got hurt was just unfortunate.

Fnom11
05-07-2011, 11:47 PM
don't worry guys, it won't effect his shot.

Celts437
05-07-2011, 11:47 PM

I think you pretty much just defined what a dirty play is.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:50 PM
:laugh2: WTF? That play wasn't even dirty. There was no ill intent at all. They got tangled up. It happens. Freak accident but definitely not dirty. No tech, no flagrant, no fight... just one insane PSDer who needs to chill the heck out.

KingPosey
[QUOTE=jimmyb33;17815562]

what are posts like this going to accomplish? these posts will get this thread closed, along with many other childish posts in this thread. wade fouled rondo, rondo got injured because he landed funky. nothing more, nothing less

Besides what I said earlier, in the first sentence of the OPs post, he calls Wade a piece of ****, and then goes on to say he hopes someone ends his career, and then says "Go to hell, you suck.". GTFO out of here with my post was "childish" and im hurting the integrity of the thread. Jeez some of you need to just zip your mouth every once in a while. It would be good for you.

SwatTeam

hahahahahahaha, that was classic. some of you in here need to lighten up like this guy. the celtics still won, rondo came back to help them win the game, and his shot is still broken - like his arm.

Fnom11
05-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I think you pretty much just defined what a dirty play is.

This happens like 20 times a game. 40 times a game when it's the Celtics.

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 11:51 PM

nice try on a burn on rondo, but us celtic fans don't give a s--t that he doesn't shoot well. he manages the game and creates shots for his teammates.
thanks for playing the hater card though.:p

CowboysKB24
05-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Wade understand they won't win the series unless they take out Rondo who dominates the Heat.

marlinsfan24
05-07-2011, 11:55 PM
^Yet the Heat are still leading the series 2-1?

Fnom11
05-07-2011, 11:57 PM
Large amount of hating in this thread. Grow up, it was a dumb play by Wade that unfurtenately hurt a Celtic player, it wasn't dirty.

Jaji

:laugh:

gotoHcarolina52
Wade understand they won't win the series unless they take out Rondo who dominates the Heat.

I think Garnett took on those duties tonight.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Wow Rondo just said "I was trying to make a play on the ball and me and D Wade got tangled up and I tried to brace my fall."

Yeah, filthy play :rolleyes:.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Complete non-issue. No one is saying the play was dirty. Not Rondo, not KG, not Doc, not the media. No one. This thread should be deleted.

M.Bibby2.0
05-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that if this series goes to 6 or 7 (likely) both teams will absolutely hate each other, dirtier plays will be made, along with some heated altercations? If the Celtics were a year or two younger this could've developed into one of the greater rivalries in NBA history, too bad..

blastmasta26
05-08-2011, 12:24 AM
D-Wade's a classy and respectable player, even without seeing the play I would doubt a dirty play. But I saw it live, and dirty was not a word that instinctively came to me at all when it transpired. I thought of it as physical, rugged basketball. Both guys fell, and Rondo would probably have been fine had he not landed awkwardly on his arm.

Shmontaine
05-08-2011, 12:27 AM
bulls fan here, so i don't know where to put my bias, if i have any in this matter...

but, i know a leg sweep when i see one.. pretty clever by dwade here... it was clear as day intentional to bring down rondo and eliminate him from having any affect on the possession, but i think the sweep caught rondo off guard a little and he couldn't get his hand down quick enough, resulting in dislocation... btw, can this even happen if you're anticipating the fall??? with the amount of times these athletes fall to the floor, i would think rondo would be ready for such an occasion...

have you guys seen something at all like this before?? i haven't.. i know bogut, but he fell onto himself... this is almost a prone fall, which is pretty normal...

Jaji
05-08-2011, 12:34 AM
When Rondo calls it dirty then I'll consider that it may have been dirty. But no one in the Celtics locker room has cried foul so... :shrug:

blastmasta26
05-08-2011, 12:37 AM
When Rondo calls it dirty then I'll consider that it may have been dirty. But no one in the Celtics locker room has cried foul so... :shrug:
Exactly. Even if Rondo was caught off guard as some supposedly claim, I'm sure another player or coach after watching the replay would have noticed something. Their silence re-enforces my initial belief of clean, physical play.

bbcmillionaire
05-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Lol now what was disrespectful was dunking the ball with 3 seconds on the clock in game 1, after they clearly won. But put it like this, wade is taking to the bad guy role really well

Shortys4711
05-08-2011, 12:44 AM

Agreed another good point. On a similar note though did you see J o'neals reaction after the play. lol He was pouting around, and then does nothing.

Master Mind
05-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Why is this a thread again

jockrider
05-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Lol now what was disrespectful was dunking the ball with 3 seconds on the clock in game 1, after they clearly won. But put it like this, wade is taking to the bad guy role really well

i wish lebron acted that way. Everyone hates lebron more clearly but he doesn't do anything ON THE COURT to warrant that. HE needs to play dirty and talk smack to everyone,

AllStar44
05-08-2011, 12:52 AM
What makes you think Rondo would start *****ing at Dwade, calling him dirty? It's clear as day that Wade tried pulling him down. Doesn't really make it a dirty play though. I'm sure if Wade could go forward into time and see Rondo was gonna get hurt pretty bad, then he wouldn't have pulled him down.

It's just playoff basketball.

what54!?
05-08-2011, 12:57 AM
how the hell was it a dirty play? yea wade pulled rondo down with him but he didn't make rondo's arm bend the wrong way. **** was an accident.

Big Zo
05-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, everyone has been complaining about how the NBA has gotten soft and how they want it to be like it was in the 90's...

Tuck&Rolle
05-08-2011, 01:10 AM
I really think Heats fans are the most ignorant fans on this forum. My dog could see that was dirty and he's blind.

Heat fans, stop being ignorant please. This is why no one likes you.

Master Mind
05-08-2011, 01:14 AM
I really think Heats fans are the most ignorant fans on this forum. My dog could see that was dirty and he's blind.

Heat fans, stop being ignorant please. This is why no one likes you.

And we don't like you...your point is

Big Zo
05-08-2011, 01:15 AM

Heat fans, stop being ignorant please.

:violin:

Master Mind
05-08-2011, 01:17 AM
If this were a thread on any other player that's not on the Heat this would be null and voided...

totheights
05-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Dwayne Wade is clearly the better of the two players, but I think these videos say it all about both players.

Wade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

Rondo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Uz_VZSaok

JDMVP
05-08-2011, 01:38 AM
R u kidding me Dwade dirty player? For crying out loud this is the playoffs!!!!!
Dwade was physical vs the old TOUGH BOSTON CELTICS, hmmm... looks like Boston is just pretending to be physical huh?

turnaround3
05-08-2011, 01:41 AM
From SportsCenter:

"Kevin Garnett was livid with what he considered a deliberate and unnecessary takedown of Rajon Rondo by Dwyane Wade in the 3rd quarter of Saturday's game. He was so infuriated he had to be sat down by Doc Rivers and instructed not to retaliate in Game 4."

Hmmmmmmmm...

JIDsanity
05-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Wade does this all the time, he was trying to draw a foul. It backfired. I swear Wade "trips" the most out of any other NBA player.

Astronaut
05-08-2011, 01:48 AM
what? idk i want to see the full video! from the start & the Finsh

Obviously you are not familiar with Bruce Bowen if you think dirty plays are always obvious ... Do you even watch the game?

My opinion is that Wade wasn't trying to hurt Rondo, but he was trying to draw a foul, he was launching himself into others and getting calls like that all game, just an example of that.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-08-2011, 01:50 AM
I knew there would be a thread when i came back :pity:

That type of scrum happens a thousand times a game, especially in the playoffs. The fact he got injured because of it is unfortunate.

RapOZo
05-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Wade clearly lays his legs behind rondo's and with his right arm intentionally pushed him down with him to a hard fall.
happens quick, so referees can't realize the intentions, but it was really dirty, sad to see.
even if the outcome wouldn't have been that ugly it was still a dirty play from Dwayne scumbag Wade

Patriot Pride
05-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Clearly wade takes rondo down with his arm and sweeps his legs out from under him with his legs, this after the ball squirts out of play. Wade isn't a dirty player, but it should have been a flagrant foul and I think it was a pretty dirty play.

Wade pulled down rondo with his right hand and tripped him with his leg. Anyone want to explain how this can be a personal foul when the ball is out of bounds?

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Wade is taking this "playoff" thing a little too far. Hes gotten into multiple altercations already. I love D Wade, but hes being a little chippy, not dirty though.

RapOZo
05-08-2011, 01:58 AM
Clearly wade takes rondo down with his arm and sweeps his legs out from under him with his legs, this after the ball squirts out of play. Wade isn't a dirty player, but it should have been a flagrant foul and I think it was a pretty dirty play.

Wade pulled down rondo with his right hand and tripped him with his leg. Anyone want to explain how this can be a personal foul when the ball is out of bounds?
Yeah! wtf!
and on top of that he gets up to brag about it, I lost respect for him, I swear

Fnom11
05-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Yeah! wtf!
and on top of that he gets up to brag about it, I lost respect for him, I swear

Care-o-meter growing stronger.

RapOZo
05-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Care-o-meter growing stronger.
do you think I care if you care or not!
then why if you really don't, you bother replying anyway??
just wanna look cool and say something clever??

this is what i hate about forums, you just gotta take BS like this from pus5y azz ni99as from their space jam decorated room

MeloandAmare
05-08-2011, 02:45 AM
he is dirty, and this is the superstar treatment that is total BS. if the roles were reversed it would have been a foul against rondo.

why in the world is he allowed to box someone out on a loose ball? thats the definition of a loose ball foul, illegal contact preventing a play on the ball.

now of course a heat mod, or other mod on PSD will close this thread in about 2 seconds because its words that are not of the kind variety, directed at a precious heat player.

you called it

WickedBadMan
05-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Doc should have had one of the scrubs jump off the bench and pop him.

NetsPaint
05-08-2011, 02:58 AM
I hate the Heat (and the Celtics), but I've seen Rondo play dirty. Let's be serious.

bringinwood
05-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Doc should have had one of the scrubs jump off the bench and pop him.

You want dirty... Doc was as dirty a player as they come... What Wade did was pretty innocent on the grand scale... Maybe next time Wade should greet Rondo, when he gets back from his injury, with a get well card and some flowers... Get real... You guys are such babies it's ridiculous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3jTGahAcKU

faze38
05-08-2011, 03:56 AM
It was a dirty play because Wade shouldn't have been boxing him out on a loose ball like that but I don't think Wade did it with bad intentions so u can't be mad at the man! I mean if he knew that was going to happen I bet he would have let him go!

dodie53
05-08-2011, 04:06 AM
what dirty play?

shizzle09
05-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Dirty? Are you ****ing kidding me? Nothing about that play was "Dirty". It was an unfortunate injury. You've never seen people box someone out from a loose ball? People do it all the time when someone is trying to save a ball from going out of bounds. Yeah contact was made but no way Wade intended for Rondo to get hurt. gtfo out of here with this stupid hate. Wade is nothing close to a dirty player and i find it funny that people are complaining about someone doing "Dirty" plays to the celtics. hi-larious

NetsPaint
05-08-2011, 05:08 AM
Classiness from Rondo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxZ-6DYJgU

The Celtics should trade him while his stock is high. Once their window closes young money Rondo isn't diggin' them out of their hole.

Venomous88
05-08-2011, 05:37 AM
Yeah! wtf!
and on top of that he gets up to brag about it, I lost respect for him, I swearUmmm...I'm glad everyone is ignoring the fact Wade would have probably never fell if Rondo did not pull his hip causing his leg to slip.

http://i53.tinypic.com/30sx7ph.png

gilly
05-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Notice it's purely the Heat fans and Wade homers defending D.Wade...

It was a dirty foul. He completely took him off his feet, and whilst the outcome wasn't his fault and he didn't mean to hurt him like that, injuries are always a possibility when you simultaneously drag someone to the ground and sweep their legs away.

Lost a lot of respect for Wade. Gained a whole lot for Rondo.

heatbb
05-08-2011, 07:14 AM
It was unnecessary but things like this happen all the time. Rondo got a nasty fall and I actually was mad at Wade for it but this just happens sometimes.

rabzouz 96
05-08-2011, 07:14 AM
is this thread a joke? judging from the vids it was clearly rondo who is to blame for the falling of the 2.

jp611
05-08-2011, 07:57 AM
My favorite is that people are saying Wade is "classy", he's done this punk **** before and he tried doing it against pierce earlier, and than Allen even after he injured Rondo

jrm2054
05-08-2011, 08:49 AM
It was a punk move

magichatnumber9
05-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Wade is a punk

SoxRTattedOnMe
05-08-2011, 09:26 AM
My favorite is that people are saying Wade is "classy", he's done this punk **** before and he tried doing it against pierce earlier, and than Allen even after he injured Rondo

Yeah I caught that also... While falling back he grabbed pierce jersey which brought pierce down as well i believe. I hope he gets LAID out!!!!

jp611
05-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Yeah I caught that also... While falling back he grabbed pierce jersey which brought pierce down as well i believe. I hope he gets LAID out!!!!

It doesnt take much to injure him, I'm sure someone will throw a paper airplane and his migraines will start acting up

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Classiness from Rondo:

The Celtics should trade him while his stock is high. Once their window closes young money Rondo isn't diggin' them out of their hole.

Trade him?:laugh: please stop smoking that sticky green and then coming on here to post s--t like that. Makes for good comedy though.

RCarlson85
05-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Wow, the overreaction to this is unbelievable. It turned from a box out to, Wade taking Rondo down, to intentionally injuring him. The box out was not the reason for the injury. If you would actually watch the replay without your hater glasses on you would see that rondo was pulling Wade back with his left hand on his hip while also using his right hand to try to get around Wade. He wasn't just standing there doing nothing like it seems some of you are claiming. Was it a foul on Wade? Sure. Rondo was also doing some pulling and maneuvering to get around Wade when their legs got tangled up. Do all of the haters really thing that if he wanted to hurt him that a box out would be the way to do it? If that was the intention he would just level him while he was driving to the hoop. There would be much easier ways to do it.

Big Zo
05-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Classiness from Rondo:

He didn't throw him! He slipped on CHOWDAH!

RCarlson85
05-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Ummm...I'm glad everyone is ignoring the fact Wade would have probably never fell if Rondo did not pull his hip causing his leg to slip.

http://i53.tinypic.com/30sx7ph.png

Nice shot! Exactly what I just tried to explain in a post. Rondo pulling him back with his left hand and using his right hand/arm to try to get in front of him. There was nothing malicious in this play.

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Wow, the overreaction to this is unbelievable. It turned from a box out to, Wade taking Rondo down, to intentionally injuring him. The box out was not the reason for the injury. If you would actually watch the replay without your hater glasses on you would see that rondo was pulling Wade back with his left hand on his hip while also using his right hand to try to get around Wade. He wasn't just standing there doing nothing like it seems some of you are claiming. Was it a foul on Wade? Sure. Rondo was also doing some pulling and maneuvering to get around Wade when their legs got tangled up. Do all of the haters really thing that if he wanted to hurt him that a box out would be the way to do it? If that was the intention he would just level him while he was driving to the hoop. There would be much easier ways to do it.

A box out on a loose ball. Your basketball knowledge is off the chart. there was no reason for a box out.

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Oh and rondo is one of the toughest little guys you will see in the league. hard nosed and tough for a guy who is 6' and 170lbs.

theheatles
extremely unfortunate that rondo got injured, but that wasn't a dirty play, legs get tangled and rondo got injured bracing himself...not wades fault

RCarlson85

I believe you are incorrect. Maybe you should check a replay of that one also. There was contact between Pierce and Wade and as Wade is going down he grabs Pierce's jersey for a split second resulting in Pierce stumbling a bit, but not even hitting the floor. I really wonder how many people posting on here actually watched the game/replays or if they are just going off what other people have said.

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Its all good heat fans. rondo is a tough SOB. but just don't get mad if wade gets a good whack in the next game. I'm just happy he didn't break his elbow.

theheatles
05-08-2011, 09:52 AM
A box out on a loose ball. Your basketball knowledge is off the chart. there was no reason for a box out.

great to know you were watching the game:rolleyes: wade was trying to post rondo up but rondo poked the ball free and then the foul occured...your basketball knowledge is nonexistent

RCarlson85
05-08-2011, 09:53 AM

Oh yeah like that's never been done before. Everyone acts like Wade did something that no one has ever thought of or attempted. Players get in front of someone and block their path to a lose ball like that all the time. When a player thinks the ball went off the other team and the ball is going toward the sideline they attempt to box out the other play so they can't make an attempt to save the ball. Anyone who says that's not something that happens fairly often needs to watch some more b-ball. Unbelievable.

jp611
05-08-2011, 09:53 AM
extremely unfortunate that rondo got injured, but that wasn't a dirty play, legs get tangled and rondo got injured bracing himself...not wades fault

If by legs got tangled you mean, Wade sweep kick, than yeah

SteBO
05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
If by legs got tangled you mean, Wade sweep kick, than yeah
No their legs got tangled. It happens. Stop overreacting.

Jarvo
05-08-2011, 10:02 AM
At times iSeen KG & Rondo play dirty I meant to say.

marlinsfan24
05-08-2011, 10:20 AM
The posters bashing Wade are Bulls fans or Wade haters. Most Celtics fans I've seen posting here have taken the play less personally then some non-Celtic fans.

jp611
05-08-2011, 10:21 AM
No their legs got tangled. It happens. Stop overreacting.

There was absolutely no reason to grab his torso and pull him down like that... it was a dirty play out of frustration

jp611
05-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Just watch it in slow motion and take your Homer goggles off... its such a dirty play, him putting his leg behind Rondo so it would be a hard fall... what a joke

SteBO
05-08-2011, 10:26 AM
There was absolutely no reason to grab his torso and pull him down like that... it was a dirty play out of frustration
No it wasn't. Again, watch the replay. Their legs getting tangled has no malice involving Wade. Regarding the torso, his hand was there, but Rondo just fell since they were tangled. It wasn't a dirty play.

jp611
05-08-2011, 10:27 AM
No it wasn't. Again, watch the replay. Their legs getting tangled has no malice involving Wade. Regarding the torso, his hand was there, but Rondo just fell since they were tangled. It wasn't a dirty play.

The only reason the legs got tangled was because Wade threw his leg behind Rondo's forcing him to fall hard

kpjets
05-08-2011, 10:29 AM
i would of gave wade the benefit of doubt, but heat players been taking down other players with them when they fall all series.

marlinsfan24
05-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Just watch it in slow motion and take your Homer goggles off... its such a dirty play, him putting his leg behind Rondo so it would be a hard fall... what a joke

Please take your hater glasses off.

jp611
05-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Please take your hater glasses off.

No bias here, I hate both teams and in fact I hate Rondo more than I hate Wade... so please take your homer glasses off and watch the video and open your eyes

marlinsfan24
05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
No bias here, I hate both teams and in fact I hate Rondo more than I hate Wade... so please take your homer glasses off and watch the video and open your eyes

Ask any of the posters on here, I look at everything with an open mind. I've watched the replay several times, plays not clean, but it's far from dirty. Sucks that Rondo got hurt. I am glad he was able to come back and play. Injuries happen. Rondo was also pushing off on Wade. Unfortunate that Rondo got hurt.

SteBO
05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Dude, seriously, it happens. You can't tell by watching the replay that was intentional. That's why a referee's job is so difficult, because you simply don't know. I see what you're saying, but I don't see how you can tell he purposely put his leg behind Rondo's.

jp611
05-08-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm not gonna argue about it anymore, I know you are 2 of the most rational posters in the NBA Forum and I agree it's objective, in my opinion Wade was playing dirty ball yesterday, he was getting into it with Pierce, Rondo, and Allen all game... I know its playoff ball, but Wade's taking it a little too far

episodenone
05-08-2011, 10:46 AM
it was not a dirty play. wade's legs tangled behind rondo's -- then rondo's arm got bent in a freak way as he tried to brace himself.

many heat players went up to him and asked him if he was ok when he came back.

wade made what men used to call a playoff play making sure rondo did not have a clear path to the loose ball - nothing more.

the rest was pure accident.

too many fans have been brainwashed by players who grew up watching men play a man's contact sport AND NOW pout and whine every time they get a whiff of bad breath on the court.

hugepatsfan
05-08-2011, 10:46 AM
It was probably a little dirty. But let's not pretend like Wade said to himself "I'm gonna dislocate his elbow." He was just playing physical trying to kind of get in Rondo's head and **** happened.

marlinsfan24
05-08-2011, 10:47 AM
I will agree with you on Wade. He does need to calm down a little.

SteBO
05-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah Wade was a little out of control last night. He looked on edge or something, trying to do too much. Funny thing is, he's the only starter that produced anything of significance.

Bring The Heat
05-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Too many idiots on this board for real... This is playoff basketball and it gets physical... Nowhere in wade's head I'm SURE did he say I want to dislocate rondo's elbow... They got tangled up and rondo unfortnately happen to get injuried.. Injuries are part of the game and can happen get over it.. Even Celtic fans are agreeing it wasn't dirty... I've seen KG do some dirty stuff and what Wade did last night was unintentional and not dirty.

A lot of you are so blinded by your hate for heat that you can't make a unbiased opinion on the situation, its pretty pathetic.... For all this karma crap and oh I hope Wade gets hurt I seriously hope Wade comes out and owns the celtics on monday to shut you all up

BcEuAbRsS
05-08-2011, 11:09 AM
From seconds 16-18 you can clearly see Wade has Rondo's right arm hook while Wade is falling... Rondo would not of fallen had Wade not hooked his arm...

BcEuAbRsS
05-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Dude, seriously, it happens. You can't tell by watching the replay that was intentional. That's why a referee's job is so difficult, because you simply don't know. I see what you're saying, but I don't see how you can tell he purposely put his leg behind Rondo's.

I agree with this... I dont think Wade was trying to kill Rondo but Wade did indeed pull him down... Rondo has balance until Wade hooks his arm...

End of day... Bad play from Wade but it seems Rondo may be okay enough...

ChitownSports16
05-08-2011, 11:14 AM
that was NOTTT a dirty play! its the play-offs! Wade was just boxing him out so he wouldnt get the lose ball. Rondo just landed the wrong way.

ecorrea
05-08-2011, 11:17 AM
not a dirty play.

Rivera
05-08-2011, 11:23 AM
what??? were you guys watching the game??? im not even a boston fan and that was a dirty play by wade

rondo was being a pest and wade and rondo got tangled up

as they got tangled up you can clearly see wade put his leg behind rondo and trip rondo

did wade try to break rondos arm?? maybe not

but to say wade "accidentally" triped rondo is a load of :bs: there was intent on wades part to trip rondo because he was fusterated rondo was being a pest

Rivera
05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
that was NOTTT a dirty play! its the play-offs! Wade was just boxing him out so he wouldnt get the lose ball. Rondo just landed the wrong way.

yea because clearly rondo could have gotten to that ball :facepalm:

im fine with the first tug wade did on rondo to stop rondo from getting to that ball thats understandable and thats ball

but to hold him hook rondos arm and hook rondos leg and trip him....thats not ball thats dirty

justinnum1
05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Not even close to dirty. Freak accident.

WadeCounty
05-08-2011, 11:32 AM
From seconds 16-18 you can clearly see Wade has Rondo's right arm hook while Wade is falling... Rondo would not of fallen had Wade not hooked his arm...

idk about you but most peoples first instinct is to grab anything near them as fast and hard as possible so they won't fall :shrug:

whether it was a dirty play or not, people are always complaining about how soft the game has become and when they actually see people getting physical they want a foul to be called. I personally don't consider it a dirty play but I can see why people would view it that way, i'm sure no matter how much you hate your co-worker or a competitor of your company you wouldn't intentionally try and break a bone in his body.

If it was intentional (although the popped arm was not part of the plan) either way I applaud wade trying to send them a message and returning what every team has done to them this season. :clap:

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-08-2011, 11:39 AM
uhhh.:confused:

Dwyane DEFINATELY was trying to bring down Rondo with him, which in turn, is a dirty play.

however,

IMO, if Dwyane knew the outcome would have been that severe, he wouldnt have done it. he was just trying to take him out of the current play, not the game.

D-Will4Prez
05-08-2011, 11:40 AM
yea because clearly rondo could have gotten to that ball :facepalm:

im fine with the first tug wade did on rondo to stop rondo from getting to that ball thats understandable and thats ball

but to hold him hook rondos arm and hook rondos leg and trip him....thats not ball thats dirty

I have watched the replay over and over for 20 minutes straight and this is the same conclusion I have come to, Wade did indeed hook his arm and leg around rondo's arm and leg and intentionally tripped him backwards...with the way wade's leg kicked out around backwards around Rondo's there is no way that was an accident. Extremely dirty play...should've been a flagrant 2. And did you see the way Wade ran off right after the play?

J4KOP99
05-08-2011, 11:44 AM
If Rondo ended up missing games... Wade should have then been suspended until Rondo came back.

You can't purposely put a player in a dangerous position like Wade did. He ripped Rondo down, forcing Rondo to break his fall. He is lucky he didn't break his arm... I hate both of these teams, but that's just ridiculous.

Trash talking and all that is one thing, doing what Wade did is much worse than any of that though.

daleja424
05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
this is not nearly as dirty as the foul that JO put on Lebron James when he tried to take his legs out on a dunk... it just resulted in a freaky looking injury so you all are complaining.

how many times have you ever seen an elbow bend that much the wrong way? I certainly have never seen it. That, in and of itself, proves that it was a freak injury. Wade may have been trying to bring Rondo down with him, but he wasn't trying to hurt him (which I can't say is the case with the JO foul on Lebron...which was truly dirty)

n83417
05-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Wade is a cheap player. I would not say dirty. But he seems like a little kid that gets frustrate when someone makes a play against him, and then he gets borderline dirty. Like earlier in the season when KG set a screen, and then set a screen on Wade, and Wade tried to take out KG. And then this year he did the same thing to PP in game 1. And now Rondo pokes the ball away, so Wade gets pissed and pulls him down.

I don't think he is necessarily dirty, just a dumb player sometimes. He just can't handle when someone makes a play against him, so he throws a temper tantrum.

daleja424
05-08-2011, 11:47 AM
If Rondo ended up missing games... Wade should have then been suspended until Rondo came back.

You can't purposely put a player in a dangerous position like Wade did. He ripped Rondo down, forcing Rondo to break his fall. He is lucky he didn't break his arm... I hate both of these teams, but that's just ridiculous.

Trash talking and all that is one thing, doing what Wade did is much worse than any of that though.

how is that putting him in a dangerous position? players fall like that 50 times a game!!! That was a one in a million type injury. Seriously, you are letting the outcome of the play cloud what actually took place!

n83417
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I have watched the replay over and over for 20 minutes straight and this is the same conclusion I have come to, Wade did indeed hook his arm and leg around rondo's arm and leg and intentionally tripped him backwards...with the way wade's leg kicked out around backwards around Rondo's there is no way that was an accident. Extremely dirty play...should've been a flagrant 2. And did you see the way Wade ran off right after the play?

Because he knows the only Heat player with any balls that might have stepped in to defend him, should anything have happened, would probably be Joel Anthony. LBJ acts tough, but he's a *****.

pebloemer
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Notice it's purely the Heat fans and Wade homers defending D.Wade...

It was a dirty foul. He completely took him off his feet, and whilst the outcome wasn't his fault and he didn't mean to hurt him like that, injuries are always a possibility when you simultaneously drag someone to the ground and sweep their legs away.

Lost a lot of respect for Wade. Gained a whole lot for Rondo.

It's definitely not... I am neither. It's playoff basketball. It is a physical play that ended badly...

fadedmario
05-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Dwayne Wade did nothing wrong. lol at Celtics fans of all people *****ing on here. Celtics have been the dirtiest team in the league for years. Tough fall and bad break - but it looked clean to me. So much hatred for the Heat - I don't get it.

North Yorker
05-08-2011, 11:55 AM
It was a dick move by Wade, but not a dirty play because I dont think Wade was intentionally trying to hurt Rondo.

Wade was frustrated with how Rondo was playing D on him and wanted to retaliate by taking him out of the play.

J4KOP99
05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
how is that putting him in a dangerous position? players fall like that 50 times a game!!! That was a one in a million type injury. Seriously, you are letting the outcome of the play cloud what actually took place!

Players fall like that, on their own. They don't have someone pulling them down.

Honestly man, you think I like the Celtics at all? I ****ing hate them. But watching that, you can't sit there and tell me that players fall like that 50 times a game. Rondo was up, and Wade kept pulling him down, eventually ripping him down to the ground, forcing Rondo to brace his fall. And Wade tripped him.

That really wasn't a one in a million type injury.

If Rondo had fallen on his own and that same result happened, it's a completely different story. I've seen the replay about 50 times.

Even if Rondo didn't dislocate his elbow, that's still ridiculous.

Hoopsadvocate
05-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Because he knows the only Heat player with any balls that might have stepped in to defend him, should anything have happened, would probably be Joel Anthony. LBJ acts tough, but he's a *****.

SO what does that make the entire celtics team since nobody came to rondos aide?

I mean if it was as truley dirty as some of u are making it out to be im sure 2-3 guys would have at least crowded wade. I mean we've seen more teammate dfending on hard fouls to the rim like JOs on Lebron or peirce and wade. But this time no celtic was up in wades face after the incident.

WHY? because a) like u said for lebron they must be ******* or b) They knew it was a not a dirty play to warrant anytype of retaliation.

SN: Jamal Magloire and udonis haslem and juwan howard would have murdered anyone getting close to wade or lebron.

daleja424
05-08-2011, 11:59 AM
seriously... we have seen 4-5 times already this series where a fight nearly broke out and in this case not a single Celtic player made a move at Wade...

The Celtics will look to play the tough guy in any remotely close to dirty situations...and nothing happened here. That should tell you all you need know about whether this was a dirty foul.

Mell413
05-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't think the play was dirty. It's unfortunate, but I don't think there was any intent on it. Also i think it's rather pathetic to wish harm on another player.

Hoopsadvocate
05-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Players fall like that, on their own. They don't have someone pulling them down.

Honestly man, you think I like the Celtics at all? I ****ing hate them. But watching that, you can't sit there and tell me that players fall like that 50 times a game. Rondo was up, and Wade kept pulling him down, eventually ripping him down to the ground, forcing Rondo to brace his fall. And Wade tripped him. That really wasn't a one in a million type injury.

If Rondo had fallen on his own and that same result happened, it's a completely different story. I've seen the replay about 50 times.

Even if Rondo didn't dislocate his elbow, that's still ridiculous.

Nobody tells u to extend ur arm to break ur fall. Wade/lebron/ heck even shaq said this once he knows ur suppose to fall a certian way and its never with ur arm.

ROndo landed wrong. And just so u see the bias when JO railed lebron in a clear tackle move lebron didnt get hurt because he had to fall but if it was almost any other player without his body frame/skill in taking hits they probably would have been in a serious injury.

Wade has never done a dirty play before or even known for a 1/8th of the dity plays the celtics do. U really think he was thinking hey im gonna start now by trying to hurt him?? NO he was trying to block someone out like he knows the celtics do and it resulted in a freak injury.

n83417
05-08-2011, 12:04 PM
SO what does that make the entire celtics team since nobody came to rondos aide?

I mean if it was as truley dirty as some of u are making it out to be im sure 2-3 guys would have at least crowded wade. I mean we've seen more teammate dfending on hard fouls to the rim like JOs on Lebron or peirce and wade. But this time no celtic was up in wades face after the incident.

WHY? because a) like u said for lebron they must be ******* or b) They knew it was a not a dirty play to warrant anytype of retaliation.

SN: Jamal Magloire and udonis haslem and juwan howard would have murdered anyone getting close to wade or lebron.

The other 4 Celtics on the floor were surrounding Rondo.

And I don't think it was dirty, definitely cheap/stupid. But you could see in Wade's face he did not want that to happen. Just trying to keep Rondo from a fast break.

And the reason nothing happened, is because it was away from the play, nobody, other than KG, really saw what happened. And KG was immediately there to help Rondo.

Oh, and Magloire and Howard don't know how to find the floor from the bench anyway, so I am not worried about those guys.

And they would have received Ts for leaving the bench. So, not a good response on your part, especially considering I don't consider the play dirty, just stupid.

I agree, that is something the Celtics might do, with the situation reversed. But that is not what happened. So for right now, Wade looks like the punk.

BULLSFAN0810
05-08-2011, 12:11 PM
i didnt see the game, but as a ball player in my youth i can say this upon watching the replay....arms got tangled,Wade did an arm bar, then hooked him by the waist and fell back...dirty? no and yes. he hooked him and fell to keep rondo from the ball. IMO it was a flagrant 1 just on the fact how Wade hooked him and fell ..If not a flagrant 1 most def a FOUL....Reason he hooked him and fell on him ...If it was just a hook it was ok, but since Wade clearly was trying to stop Rondo by falling on him i would give him a flagrant, that play coulda been much worse.

Hoopsadvocate
05-08-2011, 12:12 PM
The other 4 Celtics on the floor were surrounding Rondo.

And I don't think it was dirty, definitely cheap/stupid. But you could see in Wade's face he did not want that to happen. Just trying to keep Rondo from a fast break.

And the reason nothing happened, is because it was away from the play, nobody, other than KG, really saw what happened. And KG was immediately there to help Rondo.

Oh, and Magloire and Howard don't know how to find the floor from the bench anyway, so I am not worried about those guys.

And they would have received Ts for leaving the bench. So, not a good response on your part, especially considering I don't consider the play dirty, just stupid.

I agree, that is something the Celtics might do, with the situation reversed. But that is not what happened. So for right now, Wade looks like the punk.

I respect that and thats. But thats why those guys are on the bench btw they are rileys henchmen (except haslem) but magloire and howard will gladly get (and have gotten) suspended/techs.

Fine dwyane wade 1 stupid/punk move celtics 139471.

Rivera
05-08-2011, 12:28 PM
seriously... we have seen 4-5 times already this series where a fight nearly broke out and in this case not a single Celtic player made a move at Wade...

The Celtics will look to play the tough guy in any remotely close to dirty situations...and nothing happened here. That should tell you all you need know about whether this was a dirty foul.

to be fair i was at the game last night

and i dont think any celtics that were on the floor caught what actually happened to rondo....they were all defending there man so i dont know if they caught wade hooking rondos arm and leg...

they were more concerned with there floor leader being down and in pain that knocking wade

and about 2 minutes after that happened...when ray drove to the basket and dwade fouled ray ray got in wades face quick and he said something to wade...im sure most of that was fusteration for rondo cause wades foul on allen was just a foul nothing dirty....and thats when we started the d wade sucks chant

k.smith904
05-08-2011, 12:42 PM
It wasn't a dirty play by Wade.

Yeah he shouldn't have held onto him while falling to the ground, but Rondo should also realize his scrawny arm can't support both of their weights.

Unfortunate freak circumstance, but not dirty. Cmon.

BULLSFAN0810
05-08-2011, 12:53 PM
It wasn't a dirty play by Wade.

Yeah he shouldn't have held onto him while falling to the ground, but Rondo should also realize his scrawny arm can't support both of their weights.

Unfortunate freak circumstance, but not dirty. Cmon.

it wasnt that Rondo thought his arms could supprt them both , it was Wade intentionally falling/flopping on top of Rondo which made Rondo put his arm out to brace himself...Think about it there was no reason for Wade to fall backwards.they werent running nor was rondo pulling him back...IMO the NBa needs to clean up these tactics used by most players..you can box out fine but all this flopping falling wailing of arms needs to stop. And i do think Wade intentionally fell on top of him,not to hurt him but to hinder him from the ball and it wasnt a basketball play so IMO he should be fined highly,not suspended..beside Wade hooked him thats a definate NO NO in the NBA. He hooked him and lifted his back leg which made him lose balance(RONDO)...Wade knew what he was doing IMO,but i dont think he was trying to hurt him but it was SUPR CHEAP/DIRTY/CRAFTY

marlinsfan24
05-08-2011, 01:15 PM
I think people need to stop saying the play was "clearly..." because as you can see it was a very objective topic.

D-Will4Prez
05-08-2011, 01:18 PM
I don't presume to know D. Wade's motives but whether he actually wanted to injure Rondo or not, that **** was intentional. He should've had at least a Flagrant 1 if not 2, but not even a FOUL is called...shows how ****ed up the nba is these days. :sigh:

RZZZA
05-08-2011, 01:21 PM
I blame Rondo for having thin little girly arms and for not drinking enough milk as a child

:o

SwatTeam
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
First off, I can't believe this thread is still going. Second off, I can't believe I've commented on this thread 4 times. Some of you clowns in here act like Rondo is a saint. He isn't, he's a pesky little turd. You guys don't remember in the reg. season when he tried to get into the heat huddle during a timeout? Oh guess you didn't. Consider Wade's actions last night retribution. I hope it was a dirty play by Wade. No one likes the Heat and no one likes the Celtics. Rondo's soft *** better think twice before he comes at Wade again - message sent. This is the 80's type of playoffs all you p***ies want but most likely have never seen cuz you are 15 years old. Then you get a taste of it and get scared because it's a little too hot and spicy for you.

Celtics going to pay Wade back? I guess, but the Celtics are soft now. None of those guys are going to come at Wade because then the refs are gonna suspend the whole Celtics team - even the trainer who's sitting on the bench. Ray Allen's mom would get suspended also. Magloire would also get suspended for a flying elbow against Spo and his ridiculous lineups.

BigAl25
05-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Come on its the playoffs, i don't think Wade meant to hurt him and if you see the video rondo's right elbow was pushing wade down so it's not his fault entirely.

BULLSFAN0810
05-08-2011, 01:49 PM
First off, I can't believe this thread is still going. Second off, I can't believe I've commented on this thread 4 times. Some of you clowns in here act like Rondo is a saint. He isn't, he's a pesky little turd. You guys don't remember in the reg. season when he tried to get into the heat huddle during a timeout? Oh guess you didn't. Consider Wade's actions last night retribution. I hope it was a dirty play by Wade. No one likes the Heat and no one likes the Celtics. Rondo's soft *** better think twice before he comes at Wade again - message sent. This is the 80's type of playoffs all you p***ies want but most likely have never seen cuz you are 15 years old. Then you get a taste of it and get scared because it's a little too hot and spicy for you.

Celtics going to pay Wade back? I guess, but the Celtics are soft now. None of those guys are going to come at Wade because then the refs are gonna suspend the whole Celtics team - even the trainer who's sitting on the bench. Ray Allen's mom would get suspended also. Magloire would also get suspended for a flying elbow against Spo and his ridiculous lineups.

getting in some1s huddle and getting tripped up is 2 totally diffrent things,espically if you tear ligaments....i dont care for Rondo and i think wade isnt better than kobe and or a few other SGs in the game,but i do say this,....Its cool to be physically, and if you do some uncalled for mess AND you get caught you should pay. I grew up watching old school basketball, and im glad this Playoff is physical bc the NBA is ***** made,you take away the touch fouls Wade isnt as good, LBJ isnt as good bc they cant feast at the line all game.but i think to hook some1 is very crafty,but to fall back on them is a ***** move...id respect it more if they were both diving for the ball and wade fell on him instead of Wade hooking him ,lifting him up then turning his hips to fall on him..to me that was wrong but i dont think Wade was trying to hurt him...

Arch Stanton
05-08-2011, 01:53 PM
Maybe if the Heat face the Griz in the finals then Shane Battier can take out Wade again like he did a few years back.

SoxBearsBulls!
05-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I don't think it was a dirty play.

gaughan333
05-08-2011, 02:33 PM

What is the point of this post?

cooldavid3169
05-08-2011, 02:45 PM
that was one dirty *** play man ****
It wasn't that dirty, it was dirty thou not Kermit Washington dirty. Bad luck to fall and bust up your arm thou. I'm just glad it wasn't Pierce he would be rolling around in a Hovaround for the next week.

EaglePride615
05-08-2011, 02:46 PM
arms dont bend that way like damn...

jiggin
05-08-2011, 02:50 PM
wow...wade is a douche...he didn't have to take rondo down like that, but he chose to in the heat of the play. Fine..whatever, but at least man up to it. Saying you didn't do anything and saying the game is physical so just deal with it...is just a bunch of ********.

I am not worried. Douche bags like Wade and LBJ will get theirs eventually.

Arch Stanton
05-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Had Pierce or Garnett done what Wade did to Rondo, MIA media/fans would be foaming with rage. Pretending otherwise is pure ********

KingPosey
05-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I think its funny how everyone is bashing Wade and protecting "innocent little Rondo". Rondo is a sneaky, dirty little turd too. I remember him grabbing Hinrich from behind and launching him into the scorer's table.

Its playoff basketball, nothing more. Rondo was not hurt that bad obviously. I have dislocated my shoulder before, and I could not do anything with the arm right after it happened. I dont think it came out all the way or he would have been done. Unless he didnt dislocate his shoulder, then i dont have a ton of insight.

ElMarroAfamado
05-08-2011, 04:49 PM
the funny thing is that he said the playoffs are physical but he cries and whines after anyone even breathes on him.....

someone needs to know him or lebrick to the floor hard...so how they react.....

Fnom11
05-08-2011, 04:52 PM
the funny thing is that he said the playoffs are physical but he cries and whines after anyone even breathes on him.....

someone needs to know him or lebrick to the floor hard...so how they react.....

Try using complete sentences because this makes no sense.