PDA

View Full Version : The biggest problem with PSD: NBA forum

davids22
05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Speculation threads. Just stop. Everytime a player has a great game, someone will start up a "Is so-and-so a top 5 PG?" or some other ****. Last week it was "Is Zach Randolph a top-5 PF?" just because he had a great playoff series. Do people not watch the regular season? Or if a player has a bad game (Bosh's 1-17 game or whatever it was), then someone will start a thread "Is he over rated? was he overpaid? Did miami screw up?" when in reality people have been talking about these things all damn year.

This week it was all about Boozer being injured and how he's now over-rated. Now I notice someone started a thread about Westbrook taking too many 4th quarter shots when it clearly belongs in the game thread. Stop these speculation threads. "Is Kobe delirious?" No, he's just Kobe Bryant. God anytime anything minute happens in the NBA, someone has to make a speculation thread. Of course ESPN is going to make up **** like this, they're the monopoly for sporting news and will even create news just to get people riled up. Just watch basketball people. No one cares about your top 5 PG/SG/PF rankings, no one cares that ESPN hypes up the Heat to win 72 games, no one cares if Dirk is better then Kobe (like how can you even compare them? they're completely different players with different styles and play different positions). Oh and no one cares about your unrealistic trade prepositions that work in ESPN's trade machine so obviously they must be legit right?

Sorry, wanted to get that off my chest. I'm prepared for the massive :facepalm: and "U mad?" and "Don't come to PSD then", but the NBA forum needs to get cleaned up. Game threads are there for a reason, so use them. Other forums are there for a reason too (comparison forum, trade ideas, etc). Oh but no one goes into those forums? There's a reason... no one cares.

#likeaboss

210Don
05-07-2011, 08:04 PM
this wont help. gtfo

Cano4prez
05-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Would you mind telling us how you really feel?

Jewelz0376
05-07-2011, 08:05 PM
Speculation threads. Just stop. Everytime a player has a great game, someone will start up a "Is so-and-so a top 5 PG?" or some other ****. Last week it was "Is Zach Randolph a top-5 PF?" just because he had a great playoff series. Do people not watch the regular season? Or if a player has a bad game (Bosh's 1-17 game or whatever it was), then someone will start a thread "Is he over rated? was he overpaid? Did miami screw up?" when in reality people have been talking about these things all damn year.

This week it was all about Boozer being injured and how he's now over-rated. Now I notice someone started a thread about Westbrook taking too many 4th quarter shots when it clearly belongs in the game thread. Stop these speculation threads. "Is Kobe delirious?" No, he's just Kobe Bryant. God anytime anything minute happens in the NBA, someone has to make a speculation thread. Of course ESPN is going to make up **** like this, they're the monopoly for sporting news and will even create news just to get people riled up. Just watch basketball people. No one cares about your top 5 PG/SG/PF rankings, no one cares that ESPN hypes up the Heat to win 72 games, no one cares if Dirk is better then Kobe (like how can you even compare them? they're completely different players with different styles and play different positions). Oh and no one cares about your unrealistic trade prepositions that work in ESPN's trade machine so obviously they must be legit right?

Sorry, wanted to get that off my chest. I'm prepared for the massive :facepalm: and "U mad?" and "Don't come to PSD then", but the NBA forum needs to get cleaned up. Game threads are there for a reason, so use them. Other forums are there for a reason too (comparison forum, trade ideas, etc). Oh but no one goes into those forums? There's a reason... no one cares.

#likeaboss

:violin:

k.smith904
05-07-2011, 08:07 PM
if there are no player comparisons and discussions, whats the point?

We'd just have game threads, and the occasional news/trade threads.

I agree some are ridiculous, but theres really nothing else new to talk about.

jlee3936
05-07-2011, 08:10 PM
:violin:

lmaoooo i didnt know that emoticon existed

Chi StateOfMind
05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Cry me a river go tell someone who cares about what u think.

TomTerrific
05-07-2011, 08:13 PM
That's one of my favorite thing's about the NBA forum... Tons of thread's and debates going on.

Purple&Gold24
05-07-2011, 08:14 PM
I agree with you for the most part. But this is a place for people to express their opinions about sports and it's players. But yeah it won't stop.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
i think the NBA forum is bad, but this thread is stupid.

then don't watch.

redsox0717
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
:facepalm:

u mad?

don't come here then...

NYKnicksAllDay
05-07-2011, 08:16 PM

#likeaboss

:cry: