PDA

View Full Version : is westbrook...

mdm692
05-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Startin to be jealous. . .it seems like he wants to do everything in the 4th. . .im sittin here watchn gm 3 and durant hasnt touched the ball in a good 4min why is westbrook trying to take all the shots

jlee3936
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
i thought the same thing in their one loss to denver. but in that game i thought he was just like ******* it were gonna win the series anyways time to pad the stat line. this game i dont know wtf he is thinking, give durantula the damn ball

mdm692
05-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Exactly the best 4th qtr player today

mdm692
05-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Yeah thats why he keeps wavin durant off every tine he tries to pick n roll or get close watch the fkn game before u run ur mouth

Spurs were done last year after we eliminated them from playoffs all they did this uear was copy the suns offense

smood999
05-07-2011, 07:41 PM
westbrook shot selection is horrible...has nothing to do w the grizzlies defense...he will be the downfall of the thunder...he thinks he's....derrick rose and i can see durant and westbrook suffering the same fate as garnett and marbury..im surprised that ppl arent talkin more about westbrooks selfishness lately esp after durant even called him out on it

PAOboston
05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
westbrook is gonna get his *** traded if he continues this. this guy definitely has some sort of complex. there is no explanation to as to as to why you dont get the ball to the best scorer on the team. inexcusable.

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
he thinks he's the #1 option...

210Don
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
okay but watch how tony allen plays kd before you ***** at russel

Fnom11
05-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah it's actually quite sad.

carter15
05-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Except Durant is 2 for his last 9...Isn't really asking for more touches with that.

Ezio
westbrook shot selection is horrible...has nothing to do w the grizzlies defense...he will be the downfall of the thunder...he thinks he's....derrick rose and i can see durant and westbrook suffering the same fate as garnett and marbury..im surprised that ppl arent talkin more about westbrooks selfishness lately esp after durant even called him out on it

You're not the only noticing this.

Iggz53
To be totally fair, Durant is 2-9 in the 4th/OT. He's having a very tough time getting a shot off with Allen guarding him. Westbrook seems to be getting easier shots. But I think they need to run some plays instead of just having Westbrook or Durant try and isolate since it doesn't seem to be working.

k.smith904
05-07-2011, 08:04 PM
To be totally fair, Durant is 2-9 in the 4th/OT. He's having a very tough time getting a shot off with Allen guarding him. Westbrook seems to be getting easier shots. But I think they need to run some plays instead of just having Westbrook or Durant try and isolate since it doesn't seem to be working.

Its crazy because Harden is a good shooter, Ibaka is alright...

They have other options on offense but just refuse to pass the ball.

RZZZA
05-07-2011, 08:07 PM
there was better ball movement early but they started chucking up bad jumpers and going iso late...and forgot how to rebound...

smood999
05-07-2011, 08:10 PM
durant might be having a rough shooting night....but westbrook hasnt been any better...and to add to that he doesnt even look for any one he just takes it himself...and its not just this game its been going on throughout the playoffs...he thinks he's better than what he is...

Romo2Bryant
05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I think he's jealous of Derrick Rose honestly.. Many people compare Russell with Rose before the season started. But, now that Rose is MVP, Westbrook is trying to do too much.

Baller1
05-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Durant and Westbrook forget that Harden plays on their team. It's ****ing sad.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-07-2011, 08:14 PM
i thought the same thing in their one loss to denver. but in that game i thought he was just like ******* it were gonna win the series anyways time to pad the stat line. this game i dont know wtf he is thinking, give durantula the damn ball

I noticed the same thing watching that game. In the end when they were fouling to extend the game I think Durant took only one shot, and Westbrook took 4 or 5.

RZZZA
05-07-2011, 08:17 PM

LOL at your sig. Finally admit it, eh? :eyebrow:

GoatMilk
05-07-2011, 08:22 PM

hey it only took all year for you to finally change your sig lol
congrats

MagicBucsSox
05-07-2011, 08:22 PM
russell westbrook is a man too, he has every right to try and become a great player, Durant is nothing w/o his jumpshot. he wasnt even demanding the ball or speaking up in the huddles. Westbrook's shot selection stinks but atleast he's driving and tryin other ways to score. Durant just wants to shoot 3s and long 2s. why the hell wasnt Durant posting up tony allen?

MagicBucsSox
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
and ppl need to stop saying he's jealous of rose, for 1 theyre good friends and would you workout with someone your jealous of? 2 theyre just as good. actually westbrooks stats are as good and he has to actually share the ball with Durant.

Baller1
05-07-2011, 08:35 PM
and ppl need to stop saying he's jealous of rose, for 1 theyre good friends and would you workout with someone your jealous of? 2 theyre just as good. actually westbrooks stats are as good and he has to actually share the ball with Durant.

This would be true if Westbrook didn't have the basketball IQ of an autistic rock.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-07-2011, 08:36 PM
This would be true if Westbrook didn't have the basketball IQ of an autistic rock.

:laugh:

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 08:40 PM

umm...yea. they're the same age, and are often compared with each other. they're young as well. So of course there's the possibility that he thinks he could be a first option and take over a game. when they workout, maybe Westbrook beats Rose just as much as Rose beats Westbrook, maybe even more. so maybe that makes him think he could do what Rose can

Wilson
05-07-2011, 08:41 PM
It's probably not jealousy as much as it is being a young player who is still figuring out the game. I think people forget how young the Thunder are in situations like this, it's going to be a while before they totally figure out crunch time.

Avenged
05-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Bad shot selection with a combination of chucking will do that to you.

He's still a top pg in the league and is improving rapidly but it's all a learning process for him. He's more equipped being a #1 guy somewhere where there isn't a star already which is why I think he'll leave OKC once he gets a chance.

effen5
05-07-2011, 08:48 PM

omg baller has come to reality!!!! :clap::)

pebloemer
05-07-2011, 08:49 PM
he thinks he's the #1 option...

I'd be fine if he were the No.1 option on the Raptor's :).

PapelbonLester
05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
They Denied Durant the rock...a couple possesions he just stood there. Westbrook isnt jelous of him. There a tight duo. Durant needs to come get the ball and be more agressive

Baller1
05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Westbrook, Perkins, and 18 future first rounders for Dwight.

Get it done.

GoatMilk
05-07-2011, 08:54 PM
Westbrook, Perkins, and 18 future first rounders for Dwight.

Get it done.

oh ****
you guys could trade russell for someone like that :0
i didnt even think of that

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I'd be fine if he were the No.1 option on the Raptor's :).

h3llz y3ah

northsider
05-07-2011, 09:08 PM
Westbook is def.a good piece of trade bait if the Thunder are willing to dangle him in front of a few teams.

3Blueforyou
05-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Way to many times at the end of the games he gets the thunder caught in transition. Multiple times this playoffs, many times late in games he jacks up a contested 3 before the shot clock hits 20. He has no rebounders in place, and a few times Memphis easily took advantage of that, with two quick outlets and a easy basket. They have to cut out Memphis opportunities to get baskets on fast break.

TrippKingz
05-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Where's Dan Lebatard when you need him???

D Roses Bulls
05-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Startin to be jealous. . .it seems like he wants to do everything in the 4th. . .im sittin here watchn gm 3 and durant hasnt touched the ball in a good 4min why is westbrook trying to take all the shots

I cant wait to hear chalres rant and how he wants to be rose, but isnt like he did in the denver series.

nolin
05-07-2011, 09:33 PM
westbrook and durant are both overrated. yeah i said it

Mudvayne91
05-07-2011, 09:39 PM
He needs to stop crying all the time and forcing bad shots. He does that, the sky is the limit.

hgtiger32
05-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Skip Bayless and Michael Wilbon have lots to say about this.

But yeah, he has to realize that his shot ain't fallin. Get the ball to KD.

MrfadeawayJB
05-07-2011, 09:48 PM
OJ Mayo locked up Westbrook in the 4th. He does seem to force the issue a little bit though, huh?

PurpleJesus28
05-07-2011, 10:12 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

i literally almost fell outta my chair and spit out my coffee when i read that lol

i was thinking the same thing though (in regards to OP), it really does seem like westbrook is trying to do too much by himself. theres no reason for the offense not be run through durant in a close game in the 4th quarter. even though durant was having a rough 4th quarter shooting, i believe westbrooks was worse.

another thought i had while watching that game is whose the thunders leader? you can take a look at at the other teams in in the playoffs and point out at least one other guy who is leading their team either vocally, on the court, etc. i dont get that from the thunder. seems like westbrook is trying to take the alpha dog leadership position away from durant (who i even question ever had it, sure he's their best player, but leader?), but instead of two leaders it seems much more like the two are in a power struggle.

if westbrook could figure out how to work with durant the thunder could be really dangerous for years to come. granted, they still are young and have time to work it out, but it is a point to ponder.

when's westbrooks contract up? he's still on his rookie deal correct? :confused:

BALLER R
05-07-2011, 11:56 PM
in 3 years one of them will be gone...i don't think they can co-exist ever since durant started getting notice it's like westbrook got jealous and he's trying to play like it's only his team. It's either rose or durant that's making him play like that or maybe both. i dont think he realizes that the guys that makes the right play gets credit too not only the guy that shoots

Jaji
05-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Russell shoots too much. Pass the damn ball to KD! OKC should trade him ASAP while he still has value. He has shown flashes but he just shoots too much. Especially for this team. I bet they could get a nice package for him.

NYKnicksAllDay
05-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Russell shoots too much. Pass the damn ball to KD! OKC should trade him ASAP while he still has value. He has shown flashes but he just shoots too much. Especially for this team. I bet they could get a nice package for him.

I wonder if they could try to trade him for CP3? Just a thought.

Jaji
05-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I wonder if they could try to trade him for CP3? Just a thought.

I don't know how I would feel about that if I were New Orleans lol. But if he's on the way out anyway, Westbrook wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The question would be does CP3 want to play in OKC? Sure he'd get to play with Durant but its OKC (no offense Okies). With superstars deciding where they want to play these days small market teams like OKC might be doomed. Good thing Durant is loyal to them. But Durant + CP3 would make the Thunder deadly IMO.

sargon21
05-08-2011, 02:03 AM
I've felt like he's tried to do too much for quite a while now in OKC. He simply just needs to get the ball to Durant more.

For example, at the end of the game you guys were saying that Durant was 2-9, well one of the main reasons behind that was that Durant was getting the ball so infrequently, that he started forcing shots, because he didn't know when he would get the ball again, anyone notice this as well?

Sir Buckets
05-08-2011, 02:15 AM
This would be true if Westbrook didn't have the basketball IQ of an autistic rock.:clap: :laugh2:

Sir Buckets
05-08-2011, 02:17 AM
I've felt like he's tried to do too much for quite a while now in OKC. He simply just needs to get the ball to Durant more.

For example, at the end of the game you guys were saying that Durant was 2-9, well one of the main reasons behind that was that Durant was getting the ball so infrequently, that he started forcing shots, because he didn't know when he would get the ball again, anyone notice this as well?You hit the nail on the head. I agree 100%.

Westbrook needs to accept that 1b or 2 role and pick his spots better. He's hurting his team with his selfish play and bad decision making.

Ovratd1up
05-08-2011, 02:36 AM
I don't know how I would feel about that if I were New Orleans lol. But if he's on the way out anyway, Westbrook wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The question would be does CP3 want to play in OKC? Sure he'd get to play with Durant but its OKC (no offense Okies). With superstars deciding where they want to play these days small market teams like OKC might be doomed. Good thing Durant is loyal to them. But Durant + CP3 would make the Thunder deadly IMO.

I highly doubt Paul is like that. He's said he loved playing in OKC when the Hornets relocated (forgot about that?) and he likes winning, people, etc., and is far from a primadona or drama queen or anything. I think he'd love to play with Durant, and only good things would happen for Harden, as well as Perkins, Ibaka and the likes. Interesting situation, that would be deadly indeed.

JeffG20
05-08-2011, 02:40 AM

As a hornets fan, i can tell you CP's number one goal is to win. It doesnt really matter where as long as the team is trying and remains competative. He'll definatly get that there and id love to get a combo of Westbrook and Ibaka for cp

soonabooma
05-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Westbrook is a piece of crap. He's got major issues and it's starting to really cost us in a big way. It's not like anybody else is playing all that great for us, but at least they're not total crybabies out there. This kid is becoming more and more of a liability. Any time Presti wants to ship his spoiled butt out and bring Chris Paul HOME, I'm all for it. This is where CP3 got his start and it's where he should be. Russ can pack his bags and head on out any time he feels ready. We won't miss him one bit. KD and Serge Ibaka are our two most valuable players. As long as we have them, we'll at least have something to build on at each end of the floor. But what we don't need is headcases and this kid is a clearcut headcase.

sunsfan88
05-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Westbrook thinks he's the #1 option on OKC.

I can see the Thunder trading him to some bad team where he would be the #1 option.

sunsfan88
05-08-2011, 04:33 AM

Does this mean that sig is gonna be changed?

NYKnicksAllDay
05-08-2011, 05:38 AM

If I'm CP3, I could look past playing in OKC if it means playing with Durant. But like others have said, he's played in OKC before, which I had completely forgotten about.

Knickrocketsfan
05-08-2011, 07:18 AM

westbrook has the same shot selection as drose

Clocian
05-08-2011, 09:46 AM
westbrook has the same shot selection as drose

rose doesn't have someone named durant on his team. though he could settle for less 3s, the makeup of the team requires him to be aggressive scoring, especially with booz struggling atm. and unlike brook, rose runs the offense and sets the pace for the team.

Crackadalic
05-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Did westbrook sign a extension already? If not he can become batman somewhere else in 2012

AIRMAR72
05-08-2011, 09:56 AM
my boy struggling right now i think conely speed have something to do with it plus westbrook is rushing his shots this grizz team is really good they surprise the hell out of me tony allen trade is paying of bigtime

jrm2054
05-08-2011, 10:11 AM
I think he wants to be the Alpha dog not a sidekick

ChitownSports16
05-08-2011, 11:23 AM
westbrook=Joe Johnson

The guy tries so hard to be like D.Rose its funny.

BULLSFAN0810
05-08-2011, 12:32 PM
westbrook=Joe Johnson

The guy tries so hard to be like D.Rose its funny.

Yeah, the Rose comparisons IMO are in his head. He believes he is just as good...(no) IMo he is Clyde Drexler and Rose is MJ ...very comparable but head to head no match up. And this is no diss ,Westbrook is very very good. westbrook needs to understand his place or they need to trade his butt.

mzgrizz
05-08-2011, 12:49 PM
It's probably not jealousy as much as it is being a young player who is still figuring out the game. I think people forget how young the Thunder are in situations like this, it's going to be a while before they totally figure out crunch time.

The Grizz are the second youngest and NEVER had a playoff win until game1 v Spurs as compared to the Thunder.... Must be something else

wesso2008
05-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I think Westbrook is kinda pissed bout D. Rose winning mvp. Now he's trying to play to the level that Rose is playing and is doing too much. Westbrook has been kinda selfish in the playoffs but granted he's gotta have the ball more in his hands now that a "lock-down defender" in Tony Allen is disrupting what KD's trying to do. Maybe he's havin' trouble with the ball in his hands when it counts...i don't know but i know Westbrook is a baller n i just think he's doin' too much.

cubswin25
05-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I think Westbrook ego is getting to him. He wants to be the man, and not the second option. I think he saw his good friend in Derrick Rose getting the MVP and he thinks he's just as good. So he's trying to take over games, and be the go to guy late. Even though he has one of the most talented scorers in the game playing with him. I think right here shows you the difference between Westbrook and Rose. If Rose had Durant, he would be fine scoring 18-20 PPG game getting the ball to Durant as long as they were winning games. He does what he does for the Bulls, because he's the only superstar on the team and knows he has to carry the team late in games at times.