PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson should coach the Heat

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Even if Spo leads them to the title this year. Phil is NOT the greatest coach of all time. But he is the best coach of superstars. This would be his dream job. James/Wade/Bosh = more offensive firepower than he's ever had. And secretly I think he wants the job. Why else would he spend so much time talking about the Heat this year?

Too bad the Lakers won't complete the 3-peat this year. I really wanted to see that. But now its time to do the obvious and that's take over all that talent in South Beach. That's the only way LeBron can make good on his promise of "not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." With Phil, they might never lose again.

DodgerB24
05-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Phil is NOT the greatest coach of all time. But he is the best coach of superstars.

:confused: He has 11 rings.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:06 PM
:confused: He has 11 rings.

:facepalm: Look at his teams!

Like I said, he's not the best coach of all time but he is the best coach of superstars. Let's see Phil with an average or below average roster.

LakersIn5
05-07-2011, 12:09 PM
phil was one of the reasons why jordan became so good. if jordan had a different coach he would still be great but not that great

Sadds The Gr8
05-07-2011, 12:10 PM
no he shouldn't.

gotoHcarolina52
05-07-2011, 12:11 PM
You know, every time I think of how Riley would never backstab Spoelstra like that, Stan Van Gundy's name comes to mind. In the 2005 playoffs, Van Gundy "led" the Heat to a sweep of the Nets, a sweep of the Wizards, and a game seven loss to the Pistons in the ECF after having led by six points with three minutes left. Notably, Wade missed all of game six of the ECF with a rib injury and was limited by difficulty breathing in game seven. Had Wade been healthy, SVG may have very well made it to the Finals that year--Shaq's first year with the Heat. In spite of this success, Riley ultimately gave SVG the boot.

I wouldn't put it past him to can Spoelstra if they fail to win the title. But I don't think he'd be willing to work with Phil as deep inside I know Riley is hungry to narrow the ring total separating the two coaches.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:13 PM

Like I said, he's not the best coach of all time but he is the best coach of superstars. Let's see Phil with an average or below average roster.

Every team has great players. Look at the teams that Red coached.

j11430
05-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah he should coach the heat so he could do what he's always done: Sit back and watch the greatest players of all time do what they do

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:19 PM
phil was one of the reasons why jordan became so good. if jordan had a different coach he would still be great but not that great

Wow. So Jordan didn't average 37 ppg before Phil?

Not only that, you're only proving my point. Phil is great at coaching superstars.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Yeah he should coach the heat so he could do what he's always done: Sit back and watch the greatest players of all time do what they do

Exactly! When teams went on 10-0 runs against Phil's Bulls or Lakers, what did he do? Nothing. No time out. No nothing. Just sat back while his superstars righted the ship. That's great coaching? Sort of. He's more of a psychiatrist than a coach.

MrfadeawayJB
05-07-2011, 12:23 PM
He already did it once moving from Chicago to Los Angles, I could see him doing it again

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Every team has great players. Look at the teams that Red coached.

Red Auerbach took over a Boston team that had a losing record the year before then built them into champions. It took 7 years to do it too. Phil is known for taking over teams with the best player in the game (Bulls with MJ, LAL with Shaq AND Kobe) and getting them over that final little hurdle. No comparison. When Phil actually BUILDS something, then he can have his name mentioned.

USAF_AMMO
05-07-2011, 12:26 PM

OK. Who is number 1 in your opinion?

justinnum1
05-07-2011, 12:29 PM
And pat riley will help PJ's legacy why?

hotpotato1092
05-07-2011, 12:32 PM
Phil's done. He's heading out to his house in Montana after this series and never looking back. He has too many health issues to considering coming back and coaching again, and I think he's more than content with 11 titles. He IS the greatest coach ever. Period. MJ, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq were all great players before Phil, but he made them champions. He taught MJ how to be a part of a team, which was an incredible accomplishment. I don't see who you could argue did more. Red won ten in a WAYYYYY weaker league with the best player and the best supporting cast every year, Riley won with Magic and Kareem, then Wade, Shaq and the refs. Every great coach had great players. In the NBA, coaches can only lift a team from good to great, they can't do anything without great players. A great coach is someone who consistently wins with great talent. Phil Jackson did that. He's the greatest coach of all time.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:33 PM
OK. Who is number 1 in your opinion?

Red Auerbach, Lenny Wikens, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Greg Popovch... hell I'd even put Don Nelson over Phil. Let's not forget players play. When you've always got the game's best player/s, shouldn't you win every year? Doesn't mean Phil is a great coach, it means he's had the best teams.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Red had the same team for YEARS!! There was no free agency! His starting 5 were HOFers for christ sake! The Bulls second three-peat team was totally re-built from the first three-peat team! Only mainstays were Pippen and Jordan! So there you go! Phil isn't in charge of building his teams anyways the FO is! Has he had great talent...yes! If you actually remember The Bulls or lakers couldn't win till Phil took over! Phil is the best coach ever and has the rings to prove it! No other coach could make Rodman focus on and off the court as well as Phil did either. Seeing those teams everyday for the 9 years he was here....nobody could've done what he did with the Bulls! He hates James and Riley so I can almost PROMISE you he will not coach the Heat!

jp611
05-07-2011, 12:35 PM
what a stupid thread

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:35 PM

THIS!:clap:

j11430
05-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Red had the same team for YEARS!! There was no free agency! His starting 5 were HOFers for christ sake! The Bulls second three-peat team was totally re-built from the first three-peat team! Only mainstays were Pippen and Jordan! So there you go! Phil isn't in charge of building his teams anyways the FO is! Has he had great talent...yes! If you actually remember The Bulls or lakers couldn't win till Phil took over! Phil is the best coach ever and has the rings to prove it! No other coach could make Rodman focus on and off the court as well as Phil did either. Seeing those teams everyday for the 9 years he was here....nobody could've done what he did with the Bulls! He hates James and Riley so I can almost PROMISE you he will not coach the Heat!

Those are two pretty damn good guys to start with. Put any group of guys around them and they'd win a good amount of games

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Phil's done. He's heading out to his house in Montana after this series and never looking back. He has too many health issues to considering coming back and coaching again, and I think he's more than content with 11 titles. He IS the greatest coach ever. Period. MJ, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq were all great players before Phil, but he made them champions. He taught MJ how to be a part of a team, which was an incredible accomplishment. I don't see who you could argue did more. Red won ten in a WAYYYYY weaker league with the best player and the best supporting cast every year, Riley won with Magic and Kareem, then Wade, Shaq and the refs. Every great coach had great players. In the NBA, coaches can only lift a team from good to great, they can't do anything without great players. A great coach is someone who consistently wins with great talent. Phil Jackson did that. He's the greatest coach of all time.

Difference is, Phil has never built anything. He has never taken an average team and won a title like Larry Brown did when his Pistons waxed the floor with Phil's Lakers. That alone puts LB over Phil. Brown won with an inferior team. Phil isn't gonna take over a team like Minnesota and get them into the playoffs. He has to have the best player in the world on his team to be successful. All you're doing is supporting my claim. He's not the best coach. He's the best coach of superstars.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Red Auerbach, Lenny Wikens, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, Greg Popovch... hell I'd even put Don Nelson over Phil. Let's not forget players play. When you've always got the game's best player/s, shouldn't you win every year? Doesn't mean Phil is a great coach, it means he's had the best teams.

Do the Yankees win every year? Do the Mavs win every year? Still waiting to see what the heat do, but I say no! You don't always win when you have the games best players!

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:40 PM
what a stupid thread

Why post in it then, genius?

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Red Auerbach took over a Boston team that had a losing record the year before then built them into champions. It took 7 years to do it too. Phil is known for taking over teams with the best player in the game (Bulls with MJ, LAL with Shaq AND Kobe) and getting them over that final little hurdle. No comparison. When Phil actually BUILDS something, then he can have his name mentioned.

Phil had a hand in rebuilding this Laker team.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Do the Yankees win every year? Do the Mavs win every year? Still waiting to see what the heat do, but I say no! You don't always win when you have the games best players!

Uh, I never said that but I'll respond anyway: Having the best players doesn't mean you'll win every year but it certainly helps.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:43 PM
Phil had a hand in rebuilding this Laker team.

Yeah by stealing Pau Gasol from Memphis.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Those are two pretty damn good guys to start with. Put any group of guys around them and they'd win a good amount of games

Yea I know, but the point is that they still re-built that whole team and added Rodman! MJ still had to trust those new team mates after taking 7 years to learn to trust the old ones at all! You know? All Teams have a good core and can be built around...Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Mavs, Thunder....the list goes on! Phil is the difference! If having great players made him great then why is Spo struggling with the Heat? Cuz he sucks as a coach! If they win it for sure won't be because of him!

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:45 PM

No because the game is played on the field not paper. The best team doesn't always win no matter how much they have the deck stacked in their favor. In 2006 the Yankees had the best line-up anyone had seen in a while but they lost in the 1st round to the Detroit Tigers.

justinnum1
05-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Riley would coach the heat before jackson, believe that. Or riley would have to retire from heat org before jackson would coach here.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah by stealing Pau Gasol from Memphis.

Thank Jerry West for that deal.

Besides look at all the pieces Memphis got for Pau. The deal worked out for both clubs.

MoBASS
05-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Don Nelson over Phil? LOL

/thread

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:49 PM
Uh, I never said that but I'll respond anyway: Having the best players doesn't mean you'll win every year but it certainly helps.

:mad: DUDE....THIS IS WHY I HATE DEBATING WITH YOU! You clearly posted this....When you've always got the game's best player/s, shouldn't you win every year? I answered you exact quote and you say that you never said that?! What the hell is with you? ADD? The last time we debated a topic you did the same thing.

Note to self: Ignore Jaji....de de dee!

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
No because the game is played on the field not paper. The best team doesn't always win no matter how much they have the deck stacked in their favor. In 2006 the Yankees had the best line-up anyone had seen in a while but they lost in the 1st round to the Detroit Tigers.

Dude, you've got a Yankees avatar, you keep talking about baseball and now you're telling me the game is played on a field? Wrong forum maybe? :confused:

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-07-2011, 12:51 PM
**** Phil Jackson, i want Mike Krzyzewski. Coached the Olympic team and did a great job and everyone knows his success at the collegiate level. THAT would be incredible

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Best player, best coach, best supporting cast, 1st round byes for a number of yrs, only 8 teams in the league for a number of yrs, etc. Red had it easy.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:52 PM

/thread

I know....lol...good one, right? I think Jaji is 12 and has no clue! what's next Del Negro is great because of Blake? HA HA HA!

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Dude, you've got a Yankees avatar, you keep talking about baseball and now you're telling me the game is played on a field? Wrong forum maybe? :confused:

You're the one that's in the wrong place because your thread makes no sense.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:54 PM
:laugh2: You guys keep missing the point and proving my claim. Yes Phil can win when he has the game's best. That's all you're proving and that's all I'm saying. I could have coached MJ's Bulls to at least the 2nd round and I was just a young teenager back then. That's not a great coaching job. Anytime Phil's teams lose (like this year) its considered an upset. Why? Because Phil is so magnificent? Or because Phil's teams are ALWAYS stacked and thus expected to win?

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 12:54 PM

/thread

He killed himself right there.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:55 PM
**** Phil Jackson, i want Mike Krzyzewski. Coached the Olympic team and did a great job and everyone knows his success at the collegiate level. THAT would be incredible

Even if not coach K the heat need somebody that's won't die during a title run....lol! Spo is young, but he's aweful! If it wasn't for James and Wade's experience he'd be even worse! A good young coach like Coach K would help. Before it is said...I know he's not in his 30's or 40's but he's a lot younger then Phil!

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:56 PM
You're the one that's in the wrong place because your thread makes no sense.

A basketball coach coaching a basketball team makes no sense to you but basketball being played on a field between the Yankees and Tigers does? Okay guy :rolleyes:.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 12:57 PM
:laugh2: You guys keep missing the point and proving my claim. Yes Phil can win when he has the game's best. That's all you're proving and that's all I'm saying. I could have coached MJ's Bulls to at least the 2nd round and I was just a young teenager back then. That's not a great coaching job. Anytime Phil's teams lose (like this year) its considered an upset. Why? Because Phil is so magnificent? Or because Phil's teams are ALWAYS stacked and thus expected to win?

Because his teams are usually the defending champs! :rolleyes:

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM

/thread

He killed himself right there.

That's called sarcasm Mr. Beisbol. What's Kobe's ERA?

oak2455
05-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Man this is a Dumb thread... IF he goes anywhere its back with the Lakers:D

Jaji
05-07-2011, 12:59 PM
BTW Don Nelson is a HOF coach.

HuRRiCaNeS324
05-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Even if not coach K the heat need somebody that's won't die during a title run....lol! Spo is young, but he's aweful! If it wasn't for James and Wade's experience he'd be even worse! A good young coach like Coach K would help. Before it is said...I know he's not in his 30's or 40's but he's a lot younger then Phil!

Im sorry, but Spo is definitely not an AWFUL coach. We can easily be like Mike Dantoni if it wasn't for Spo's schemes on defense. Spo also led the HEAT to the players two straight years after getting Pat Riley's 15 win season.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 01:01 PM
A basketball coach coaching a basketball team makes no sense to you but basketball being played on a field between the Yankees and Tigers does? Okay guy :rolleyes:.

Wow you're clueless but I like having this back and forth keep it up.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 01:02 PM
That's called sarcasm Mr. Beisbol. What's Kobe's ERA?

You tell me since you have a great grasp on everything

cubswin25
05-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Phil probably gonna at least take a few years off coaching after this season, if he doesn't fully retire for good. If Phil is going to come back, my money is on him doing it with the Knicks and not Heat. Phil played for the Knicks, and will wanna follow trend of being in one of the three major media markets. While the Heat might have the players, they don't have everything else that Phil ego craves. Heck they barely sell out games with Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Phil Jackson to the Heat makes perfect sense other than the fact Pat Riley is there. Miami is just the sort of project Phil likes. An underachieving team with the game's best player. That's the exact same job he took in Chicago and LA. Anyone who can't see that lacks basketball knowledge and /or common sense. I'm not saying it WILL happen. But it makes a whole lot of sense and could be a match made in heaven.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow you're clueless but I like having this back and forth keep it up.

Dude how do you like the Knicks and the Lakers? You must be confusing them with the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers.

SignGod
05-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Im sorry, but Spo is definitely not an AWFUL coach. We can easily be like Mike Dantoni if it wasn't for Spo's schemes on defense. Spo also led the HEAT to the players two straight years after getting Pat Riley's 15 win season.

Touche :clap:, but I still feel like he's not the coach for this team!

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Dude how do you like the Knicks and the Lakers? You must be confusing them with the Brooklyn/LA Dodgers.

SMH born and raised in Brooklyn NY and Kobe is my favorite player. My father is the same way. He likes both teams is it a crime for him to like the Knicks and Lakers?

SignGod
05-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Phil Jackson to the Heat makes perfect sense other than the fact Pat Riley is there. Miami is just the sort of project Phil likes. An underachieving team with the game's best player. That's the exact same job he took in Chicago and LA. Anyone who can't see that lacks basketball knowledge and /or common sense. I'm not saying it WILL happen. But it makes a whole lot of sense and could be a match made in heaven.

Knicks are just as good as Miami! If the Knicks weren't so stupid and just waited til this off season to aquire Anthony their team would be in great shape to be a contender. Why they panicked and gutted their team for him IDK! Phil still would go to NY over MIA in a New York minute!

Jaji
05-07-2011, 01:16 PM
SMH born and raised in Brooklyn NY and Kobe is my favorite player. My father is the same way. He likes both teams is it a crime for him to like the Knicks and Lakers?

I'm just messing w/ you man. But you gotta admit... I got you! :laugh2:

SignGod
05-07-2011, 01:17 PM

No crime! I like the Bulls and the Lakers as well! My dad always said when your a Chicago fan always have a back up team...lol. That was obviously before all the Bulls titles and the Bear, Sox and Hawks too!

j11430
05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Knicks are just as good as Miami! If the Knicks weren't so stupid and just waited til this off season to aquire Anthony their team would be in great shape to be a contender. Why they panicked and gutted their team for him IDK! Phil still would go to NY over MIA in a New York minute!

You're delirious is you honestly believe that

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm just messing w/ you man. But you gotta admit... I got you! :laugh2:

You got me amped up on a Saturday afternoon what's wrong with you :)

Jaji
05-07-2011, 01:21 PM

The Knicks are just as good as Miami? :laugh2:

The Knicks are so overrated. They shouldn't even be compared. They just got swept by the same team Miami currently leads 2-0. NYK is not Phil's kinda team. They're not good enough for him. He needs elite talent and will only take a job that offers that. Sure he played for the Knicks but he's not the type to put a lot of time into a team. Especially at this point in his career. If anything, he's looking for another quick ring. The Knicks don't offer that possibility.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 01:23 PM
No crime! I like the Bulls and the Lakers as well! My dad always said when your a Chicago fan always have a back up team...lol. That was obviously before all the Bulls titles and the Bear, Sox and Hawks too!

lol @ always have a back up team. Your dad played his cards right :)

SignGod
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
The Knicks are just as good as Miami? :laugh2:

The Knicks are so overrated. They shouldn't even be compared. They just got swept by the same team Miami currently leads 2-0. NYK is not Phil's kinda team. They're not good enough for him. He needs elite talent and will only take a job that offers that. Sure he played for the Knicks but he's not the type to put a lot of time into a team. Especially at this point in his career. If anything, he's looking for another quick ring. The Knicks don't offer that possibility.

Just because the C's swept them doesn't mean anything. They beat the het if i recall...before and after Anthony! :rolleyes: Get it through your head...Phil isn't coming back either way! Look at the guy! He looks run down and tired! He's content with what he's done in his career! Do us all a favor and close the thread already! Phil is gonna retire!

SignGod
05-07-2011, 01:29 PM
lol @ always have a back up team. Your dad played his cards right :)

lol...he sure did....and by saying the Knicks are just as good as Miami I was saying the core players! I know James and Wade are better then Amare and Anthony, but its not like james and Wade are a Bentley and Amare and anthony are Toyota Corolla's! lol...they are a good start to a franchise too!

SignGod
05-07-2011, 01:30 PM
......believe me I'm a Bulls fan....I hate the Knicks, but they got a good base core!

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 01:34 PM
lol...he sure did....and by saying the Knicks are just as good as Miami I was saying the core players! I know James and Wade are better then Amare and Anthony, but its not like james and Wade are a Bentley and Amare and anthony are Toyota Corolla's! lol...they are a good start to a franchise too!

True they are a good start to a franchise. All the Knicks need to do is upgrade at pg, find a big man, and change the bench. They might have to change the coach as well but that's a discussion for another day.

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 01:39 PM
no he shouldnt, Spo is a prominent coach and IMO will become one of the best coaches in the league in another 3-5 years.

TylerSL
05-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Just because the C's swept them doesn't mean anything. They beat the het if i recall...before and after Anthony! :rolleyes: Get it through your head...Phil isn't coming back either way! Look at the guy! He looks run down and tired! He's content with what he's done in his career! Do us all a favor and close the thread already! Phil is gonna retire!

yea phil is done, but do you really think New York is just as good as Miami?

SignGod
05-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I think they have just as good a core, I more said that cuz Jaji aggrivates me....lol! I know the Heat are good! I know they are a few players away from staying dominant too! That said I'm looking forward to my Bulls battles with the Heat! It will be like the old Bulls/Knicks battles! Great games!

SignGod
05-07-2011, 02:10 PM
no he shouldnt, Spo is a prominent coach and IMO will become one of the best coaches in the league in another 3-5 years.

Now do you think Spo will be good because he is a good coach or cuz he has James and Wade? I know he took them to the playoffs the prior two years, but I didn't think he was a world beater! He makes some bad calls at the wrong times IMO. See, like Thibs....he got COTY, but hes good either way with or without Rose! Now Rose MVP season and willing the team to 62 wins didn't hurt Thibs I know, but I think u understand what I mean. He woulda got COTY eventually! Do you think Spo would without James and Wade?

THE GIPPER
05-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Actually, Phil should coach the cavs then we'll see if he's actually a good coach

j11430
05-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Now do you think Spo will be good because he is a good coach or cuz he has James and Wade? I know he took them to the playoffs the prior two years, but I didn't think he was a world beater! He makes some bad calls at the wrong times IMO. See, like Thibs....he got COTY, but hes good either way with or without Rose! Now Rose MVP season and willing the team to 62 wins didn't hurt Thibs I know, but I think u understand what I mean. He woulda got COTY eventually! Do you think Spo would without James and Wade?

Why do you end 90% of your sentences with exclimation points? Not everything is that exciting

SignGod
05-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Why do you end 90% of your sentences with exclimation points? Not everything is that exciting

The same reason you question everything that's posted! Cuz I feel like it!!!

gotoHcarolina52
05-07-2011, 02:39 PM

He somehow got 47 wins out of Rafer Alston, Joel Anthony, Carlos Arroyo, Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, Daequan Cook, Yakhouba Diawara, Udonis Haslem, James Jones, Jamaal Magloire, Jermaine O'Neal, Shavlik Randolph, Quentin Richardson, Dwyane Wade, and Dorell Wright.

And 43 wins out of Joel Anthony, Marcus Banks, Michael Beasley, Mark Blount, Mario Chalmers, Daequan Cook, Yakhouba Diawara, Udonis Haslem, Luther Head, James Jones, Shaun Livingston, Jamaal Magloire, Shawn Marion, Jamario Moon, Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Quinn, and Dwyane Wade.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
05-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Phil Jackson should retire.

MJ-BULLS
05-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I just don't see it happening.

JordansBulls
05-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Even if Spo leads them to the title this year. Phil is NOT the greatest coach of all time. But he is the best coach of superstars. This would be his dream job. James/Wade/Bosh = more offensive firepower than he's ever had. And secretly I think he wants the job. Why else would he spend so much time talking about the Heat this year?

Too bad the Lakers won't complete the 3-peat this year. I really wanted to see that. But now its time to do the obvious and that's take over all that talent in South Beach. That's the only way LeBron can make good on his promise of "not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7..." With Phil, they might never lose again.

I think Jerry Sloan should go there or Rick Adelman.

SportsFanatic10
05-07-2011, 04:00 PM
i don't think lebron and wade wanna get flogged lol

Sly Guy
05-07-2011, 04:22 PM
lol, it would fit with PJ's resume :
1. Join a team full of top level talent
2. Win a ring
3. Get more credit for being the 'best coach ever'

tkshy
05-07-2011, 04:47 PM
1. Riley would never hire Phil. He would coach himself.
2. 11 rings = best coach ever, cause that is all that matters, don't care if his team was Magic, MJ, Bird, Russell, Kareem...don't care, not gonna care, not gonna argue. Coaches are paid to win Championships, and Phil does. There job is not to build teams, get into the playoffs, etc etc. It's to win Championships. If you disagree, your team probably sucks, or doesn't win enough Championships consistantly. Don't care who made the playoffs, 2nd round, 3rd round, don't matter, did you win a ring? NO, then you failed. Period. End of discussion. End of thread.

Sly Guy
05-07-2011, 05:17 PM
1. Riley would never hire Phil. He would coach himself.
2. 11 rings = best coach ever, cause that is all that matters, don't care if his team was Magic, MJ, Bird, Russell, Kareem...don't care, not gonna care, not gonna argue. Coaches are paid to win Championships, and Phil does. There job is not to build teams, get into the playoffs, etc etc. It's to win Championships. If you disagree, your team probably sucks, or doesn't win enough Championships consistantly. Don't care who made the playoffs, 2nd round, 3rd round, don't matter, did you win a ring? NO, then you failed. Period. End of discussion. End of thread.

lol, I love the rings argument, it never stands to reason that someone [or some other people] else might actually carry a team to a championship.

This isn't the thread for a discussion on PJ's coaching resume, but I for one am vehemently against giving him the 'best coach ever' title based solely on the rings argument, as evident in many of my other posts on the same issue.

lakeshow3peat
05-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Phil would finally lose if he joined the Heat simple as that
His system would have lebron saying thats not my game i cant do that
Phil would say Lebron you were never great and better than MJ and Kobe

Rafer17
05-07-2011, 05:40 PM
What makes you say he is not the best coach of all time? And you say he is the best coach of superstars, but Miami isnt the team down 3-0 right now...

Purple&Gold24
05-07-2011, 05:42 PM

This.

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 05:46 PM
he mine as well. that's what he does. takes a team over that already is loaded with superstars and hof'ers. And he can rack up more ships that he had nothing to do with.

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 05:48 PM
2. Win a ring

this. and for all you phil jackson dick riders.... mj is the one who taught PHIL the triangle offense. and he has carried it with him.

ne3xchamps
05-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Actually, Phil should coach the cavs then we'll see if he's actually a good coach

+1. see how many ships he racks up! :laugh2:

CowboysKB24
05-07-2011, 07:28 PM

No way.

He is the best coach of all time.

CowboysKB24
05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
+1. see how many ships he racks up! :laugh2:

He built the Bulls.

He built the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq.

He built the Lakers with Kobe and Gasol.

You are talking like he hasn't proved anything and just jumped into these all-star teams. It is going to take a few years for the Cavs to make a turnaround. With the way the league is right now, you need two-three superstars.

Sly Guy
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
He built the Bulls.

You are talking like he hasn't proved anything and just jumped into these all-star teams. It is going to take a few years for the Cavs to make a turnaround. With the way the league is right now, you need two-three superstars.

no, he 'coached' those teams. The ones who built them have the title of GM.

BigCityofDreams
05-07-2011, 10:25 PM
God forbid Phil coaches teams with stars

mustaine
05-07-2011, 11:00 PM
If he goes anywhere I'm betting on the Knicks.

KnicksR4Real
05-07-2011, 11:17 PM
No

shep33
05-07-2011, 11:18 PM
He is done... Health issues, and really he has nothing else to prove.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:33 PM
I think they have just as good a core, I more said that cuz Jaji aggrivates me....lol! I know the Heat are good! I know they are a few players away from staying dominant too! That said I'm looking forward to my Bulls battles with the Heat! It will be like the old Bulls/Knicks battles! Great games!

I could say that about you except I don't know who you are nor do I care so... :shrug:.

Saying stupid things because I aggravate you still means you're saying stupid things.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:36 PM

:laugh:

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:37 PM

Yeah but he'll never do that. And the reason is because he's not that great a coach. He's smart though. And that's why he'll never do that.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:38 PM
2. Win a ring

Exactly! That's what I'm saying. The Heat job is just the kind of "project" Phil looks for. It almost makes too much sense.

Jaji
05-07-2011, 11:42 PM
he mine as well. that's what he does. takes a team over that already is loaded with superstars and hof'ers. And he can rack up more ships that he had nothing to do with.

Thank you for understanding. Some of these guys are S-L-O-W to miss the obvious.

ne3xchamps
05-08-2011, 12:00 AM
He built the Bulls.

he built those teams huh?? I'm pretty sure the coach doesn't build. Just coaches. Its more like the bulls and lakers BUILT Phil jackson. so gtfu. any other head coach in the league with good basketball knowledge would have that many ships with those teams and that talent too, so STFU.